Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Western Digital WD TV (Refurb) $39.99 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/4313132-western-digital-wd-tv-refurb-39-99-free-shipping)

Kicker774 05-01-2012 09:02 AM

Western Digital WD TV (Refurb) $39.99 + Free Shipping

Refurbished Western Digital WD TV $39.99 + Free Shipping from OnSale.com

http://www.onsale.com/deals/weste...BNAT023124

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DEAL

Connect to your USB Hard Drive to Easily Play Your Favorite Media Files (Audio / Video / Photos) on your TV with the WD Mini TV Player (DVD Quality Playback)

Supersize your digital media
DVD-quality video playback
Dock-and-play convenience

Plug and play to instantly enjoy a wide variety of media on your TV in DVD quality, including RealVideo format videos.

Collect without limits: There’s no limit to the size of your media collection; just add more USB drives for more space.

Turn your USB drive into a media player: Play DVD-quality content from your USB drive. Optimized for My Passport portable hard drives. Also works with most other USB drives, digital cameras, and camcorders.

Supports an extensive list of file formats: Plays back a wide variety of DVD-quality formats, including RealVideo.There’s no need to transcode.

Simple, intuitive user interface: Use the included remote control to navigate smoothly through your entertainment choices using the DVD-like navigation. Supports video chapters, trick modes, and subtitles.

*Manufacturer Refurbished; Product comes with 90-day warranty

DPNO 8878398

More Details

Deal #: 1862

ONSALE ELECTRONICS
111 N. Canal Street, Suite 1551, Chicago, Illinois, United States

I've purchased a few things from this site in the past with no issues.

Searching WD TV it looks like this is the lowest refurb price by $10 - $15
Seems like a good price for an entry level unit such as this.

NotDave 05-01-2012 09:07 AM

is this the version you can hack?

raskal311 05-01-2012 09:13 AM

old model?

FatFishJeff 05-01-2012 09:16 AM

No model #...DUH.

phil321 05-01-2012 09:19 AM

No HDMI, No Ethernet
Correct me if I am wrong,

mypobox 05-01-2012 09:20 AM

This is the MINI !!! Not HD !!

jiannichan 05-01-2012 09:22 AM

This isn't even a good price. From reading the description, it doesn't sound like it even plays MKV files or is even HD. Looks like the standard WDTV non-hd version. "lug and play to instantly enjoy a wide variety of media on your TV in DVD quality, including RealVideo format videos" Really???

robclt 05-01-2012 09:58 AM

I'm almost certain this is the original WDTV. Yes, it will use A LOT of formats, yes, it does have HDMI. I would like to have the latest and greatest model (just for networking) but have not been able to justify paying even a few dollars more for one because this one is just fine. And I get them all wholesale as a WD reseller. Anyone using torrents would be crazy not to have one of these.
Quote:

Originally Posted by phil321 (Post 49714248)
No HDMI, No Ethernet
Correct me if I am wrong,

fymfaholes 05-01-2012 04:41 PM

I still do not understand what the freakin' point of this product is. If you have a computer, you already can play videos on your TV. So, if you want to copy them from your computer to a thumb drive first, you can use this to do it instead? Great idea?

wuqian 05-01-2012 07:50 PM

This is the WD Mini version. No ethernet or HDMI connection, just component video output.

It's fine for older set-ups that lack HDMI (older TVs. projectors, etc.)

The price is about right for the WD Mini--I believe it was this low in the past.

jlg71680 05-01-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuqian (Post 49731046)
This is the WD Mini version. No ethernet or HDMI connection, just component video output.

It's fine for older set-ups that lack HDMI (older TVs. projectors, etc.)

The price is about right for the WD Mini--I believe it was this low in the past.

I bought one of these for my girlfriend a couple of years ago for about the same price. It does not play MKV, but does play RMVB videos. Has component output. Does suck with no networking capabilities. There is NO custom firmware that I have been able to find for this.