Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cuisinart Multiclad 12 Piece Set - $150 AC from Costco B&M *Like AllClad* (http://slickdeals.net/f/4368648-cuisinart-multiclad-12-piece-set-150-ac-from-costco-b-m-like-allclad)

Xenocide23 05-10-2012 10:38 PM

Cuisinart Multiclad 12 Piece Set - $150 AC from Costco B&M *Like AllClad*

65534 Attachment(s)
Costco currently has the 12pc Cuisinart Multiclad Stainless Steel Cookware set for $149.99 after coupon found in the May 10th-June Costco Coupon book. This set is almost identical to the set sold on amazon seen here: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-M...B0007KQZWU but features a 4qt saute pan instead of 3.5 qt and includes a 12in skillet and features glass lids rather than steel lids.

This is by far the best price I have seen on a triply cookware set after looking around for a few months. This comes with many more pieces than the popular tramontina set sold at Walmart that compares favorably to the highly rated All Clad cookware.

Edit: The lowest price of the amazon version of this set was $209 over the last year or so. So this is $60 less and includes an extra 12 inch skillet (retails for $60 on Amazon).

EDIT #2: I have attached photos of the box and one of the pans for your benefit.

Edit #3:

Specs of the Costco Set:
Model TPCC-12PC
Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Construction
All-Range Capable (Induction Ready)
Glass Lids
Dishwasher Safe
Oven Save to 500 degrees without lids and 350 degrees with the lids on.

The set consists of: 1-1/2- and 3-quart covered saucepans; 8,10, and 12-inch open skillets; 4-quart covered saute pan; 8-quart covered stockpot; pasta insert with lid. 12 pieces total.

mustardmissy 05-10-2012 11:22 PM

Is the set at Costco also tri-ply up the sides or just the base of the pots/pans?

regal 05-10-2012 11:25 PM

Would buy, but I prefer stainless lids. Lighter, more durable in oven, won't break when they invariably fall off the counters. Also, the stainless band that goes around the glass just means that there are more places for bacteria to get stuck in vs a stainless one piece.

Xenocide23 05-10-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustardmissy (Post 49972708)
Is the set at Costco also tri-ply up the sides or just the base of the pots/pans?

Yes these are Tri-ply on the sides, not just the base like most cheaper cookware sets. In regards to the lids, I think it is a tie as stainless steel is more durable but glass lids give you the advantage of seeing your food cook which is helpful when you are cooking grains such as rice or quinoa.

The 8 piece Tramontina set on Walmart that has been quite popular on this site has the same price despite coming with 4 fewer pieces. Not to mention Costco's fantastic return policy if one of the pieces has problems.

NuMystic 05-11-2012 12:44 AM

Have you actually purchased the set and does it explicitly state on the packaging that it is Tri-Ply clad?

I'm a bit concerned by the fact that nowhere on the Cuisinart site or any place else online can I find a 4 Qt Saute pan in their Multiclad line, while there is a 4 Qt Saute pan in the cheaper Chef's Classic line.

anonymousnobody 05-11-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regal (Post 49972736)
Would buy, but I prefer stainless lids. Lighter, more durable in oven, won't break when they invariably fall off the counters. Also, the stainless band that goes around the glass just means that there are more places for bacteria to get stuck in vs a stainless one piece.

The item on Amazon has stainless steel lids, but I can't tell from the picture of the coupon as to whether it has glass or stainless steel lids.

anonymousnobody 05-11-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuMystic (Post 49973806)
Have you actually purchased the set and does it explicitly state on the packaging that it is Tri-Ply clad?

I'm a bit concerned by the fact that nowhere on the Cuisinart site or any place else online can I find a 4 Qt Saute pan in their Multiclad line, while there is a 4 Qt Saute pan in the cheaper Chef's Classic line.

Yes, I am wondering the same. When I went to the Cusinart site (http://www.cuisinart.com/products...rison.html) the set in the OP matches the the non-tri-ply set (http://www.cuisinart.com/products...44-13.html).

regal 05-11-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenocide23 (Post 49972774)
Yes these are Tri-ply on the sides, not just the base like most cheaper cookware sets. In regards to the lids, I think it is a tie as stainless steel is more durable but glass lids give you the advantage of seeing your food cook which is helpful when you are cooking grains such as rice or quinoa.

The 8 piece Tramontina set on Walmart that has been quite popular on this site has the same price despite coming with 4 fewer pieces. Not to mention Costco's fantastic return policy if one of the pieces has problems.

I'm actually waiting for a tramontina set to go on sale, but it seems as if that might never happen again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymousnobody (Post 49973990)
The item on Amazon has stainless steel lids, but I can't tell from the picture of the coupon as to whether it has glass or stainless steel lids.

It looks like it's regular raised glass lids from the Costco pic. Stainless lids are flat.

Son of Dad 05-11-2012 06:46 AM

I am pretty sure this is not tri-ply. The coupon doesn't even say it. If it was/is it would be an awesome deal. If this deal does not "pan out", anyone who is interested in the cuisinart tri-ply should watch the open stock pieces from amazon warehouse. You can build a set for super cheap, you just have to buy the pieces individually when they hit the right price range. Usually amazon slowly lowers the prices daily until they sell. In my experience the "used like new" are really brand spankin' new.

nomadpp 05-11-2012 07:15 AM

This set is tri-ply all around including the sides, with a glass lid. I saw it in Costco last week. It's a great deal if you're in the market for stainless steel cookware, too bad I already have the cuisinart classic and can't really justify splurging on an upgrade. The tri-ply really only makes a difference for the skillets; pots don't need it.

eldy 05-11-2012 07:33 AM

The sides on the sauté pan that I saw at Costco are too vertical which makes it bad for tossing and flipping food.

casetronic 05-11-2012 09:17 AM

What's the advantage of tri-ply?

Xenocide23 05-11-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 49981050)
What's the advantage of tri-ply?

Tri-ply means that there is an aluminum core bound between two pieces of stainless steel. The advantage is that the cookware heats up very quickly on all sides rather than just the bottom of a pan. This allows you to cook food to cook more evenly than other cookware sets.

And I bought this set yesterday. It looks fantastic in person and is a steal at this price and is a Tri-Ply set.

Nate650 05-11-2012 09:49 AM

Good deal for a solid set. Would probably pick up if I didn't grab the Kirkland Signature set a year or so ago.

WeepingAngels 05-11-2012 10:09 AM

This is a great deal for a tri-ply set. I'd buy it for sure if I didn't already own a set of tri-ply cookware. I got mine for a similar price a few years back, but i had to REALLY hunt for it and stalk it. TU and reps to the OP.

necrosays 05-11-2012 10:38 AM

i'm new to the cooking world, I currently have some cheep-o pots and pans, most of which are non-stick. What are the benefits of these stainless steel (non non-stick) pots and pans? What is the best way to use them, take care of them/ clean them, and how do i make them last?

Thanks.

Xenocide23 05-11-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necrosays (Post 49983066)
i'm new to the cooking world, I currently have some cheep-o pots and pans, most of which are non-stick. What are the benefits of these stainless steel (non non-stick) pots and pans? What is the best way to use them, take care of them/ clean them, and how do i make them last?

Thanks.

Triply stainless steel cookware is really nice because it has the benefits of stainless steel cookware (durable, long lasting, dishwasher friendly) while still having excellent heat retention and distribution.

The key to cooking with stainless cookware is to use medium-low heat and to always preheat oil or butter before you begin cooking to prevent food from sticking to the pans. Pans tend to clean fairly easily with soap and water but Barkeepers Friend is recommended if you get discoloration on the pans to polish them out. Alternatively, if you are lazy these pans are dishwasher safe.

Using Barkeepers friend once in a while, not overheating the pans, and not placing hot pans in cool water (can cause warping in all pans) will make these last for decades. Non-stick pans, on the other hand, typically wear out after only a few years.

necrosays 05-11-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenocide23 (Post 49983468)
Triply stainless steel cookware is really nice because it has the benefits of stainless steel cookware (durable, long lasting, dishwasher friendly) while still having excellent heat retention and distribution.

The key to cooking with stainless cookware is to use medium-low heat and to always preheat oil or butter before you begin cooking to prevent food from sticking to the pans. Pans tend to clean fairly easily with soap and water but Barkeepers Friend is recommended if you get discoloration on the pans to polish them out. Alternatively, if you are lazy these pans are dishwasher safe.

Using Barkeepers friend once in a while, not overheating the pans, and not placing hot pans in cool water (can cause warping in all pans) will make these last for decades. Non-stick pans, on the other hand, typically wear out after only a few years.

what would you suggest to use for high heat? I tend to stir fry a lot.

jean05jean 05-11-2012 11:31 AM

get this [amazon.com] for stir fry

Quote:

Originally Posted by necrosays (Post 49984238)

Pickle 05-11-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUgirl (Post 49984854)
get this [amazon.com] for stir fry

I actually have that one, and its awesome. Make sure to season it first :)

jetssss 05-11-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regal (Post 49974204)
I'm actually waiting for a tramontina set to go on sale, but it seems as if that might never happen again.

It looks like it's regular raised glass lids from the Costco pic. Stainless lids are flat.

1. Which set do you feel is better? Cuisinart or the Kirkland? and why?

2. Stainless vs glass lids. Stainless, can't see what your cooking but you can put in oven. Glass you can't put in oven but can see what your cooking?

I'd like to hear as many opinions as possible.

Xenocide23 05-11-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetssss (Post 49994732)

2. Stainless vs glass lids. Stainless, can't see what your cooking but you can put in oven. Glass you can't put in oven but can see what your cooking?

I personally prefer the glass lids as I don't usually use my cookware in the oven.

Also I purchased a few pieces of the Tramontina cookware a week or two ago but ended up returning them for this set due to the price difference. Both sets seemed quite comparable with the only advantage of the Tramontina set was having more comfortable handles.

The kirkland set at Costco is not tri-ply and thus inferior to the Cuisinart set currently on sale. I looked at both sets side by side last week.

i_is_surf 05-11-2012 10:41 PM

So, I think I'd be in the market for new pans in the next 3-6 months.

I currently have Calphalon that the non-stick has started to flake off of.

Should I head to Costco tomorrow and buy this set? Is it that good of a deal and that durable that I should get there ASAP?

rongopongo 05-12-2012 12:26 AM

I just bought this yesterday, but I don't see anywhere in the box that says it's multi-clad or all clad. Can anyone help me out with this?

anonymousnobody 05-12-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rongopongo (Post 49998144)
I just bought this yesterday, but I don't see anywhere in the box that says it's multi-clad or all clad. Can anyone help me out with this?

Look at the bottom of the pans/pots. If there is a large disk on the bottom, that means only the bottom is encapsulated and it is not tri-play.

leecook 05-12-2012 08:32 AM

Costco set made in China

I saw this at Costco yesterday. I looked on the bottom of the box and it is made in China - maybe that is why it is cheaper. I noticed the similar Cuisinart set on Amazon or William Sonoma is made in France. Any difference to where it is made?

wakko 05-12-2012 12:13 PM

Thanks op. Picked up this set today and it is says professional tri-ply on the box. Been waiting for a decent deal on one of these

i_is_surf 05-12-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leecook (Post 50001876)
I saw this at Costco yesterday. I looked on the bottom of the box and it is made in China - maybe that is why it is cheaper. I noticed the similar Cuisinart set on Amazon or William Sonoma is made in France. Any difference to where it is made?

The ones on Amazon say "inspired in France" not "Made in France." Also, it could be because the ones on Amazon supposedly are stamped "18/10" as opposed to the ones at Costco simply saying "Stainless Steel." Also, as has been pointed out, the ones on Amazon have stainless lids whereas the ones at Costco are glass with stainless trim.

I ran over there today and picked up a set. They're definitely hefty, and they say they are tri-ply so we'll see how they work out.

dealsmakemepoor 05-12-2012 04:21 PM

Picked up a set today, thanks!

beepyou 05-12-2012 04:39 PM

picked up two sets yesterday... you can only apply 1 coupon/transaction... good thing I saw a friend at Costco

Xenocide23 05-12-2012 04:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rongopongo (Post 49998144)

To those to don't think these are a full tri-ply set I have uploaded pictures of the box and one of the pans.

dje425 05-12-2012 06:56 PM

Good deal! Just picked up a set.

tran1981 05-12-2012 08:25 PM

Great deal! Just picked up a set from Costco. They are full tri-ply. Going to throw away some junk pots and pans.

Loan_Crusader 05-12-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

if you don't own stainless, i wouldn't start with an expensive set. they are very temperamental to work with. you're better off going with hard anodized nonstick. anolon and caphalon makes really nice sets.

Budget Boi 05-12-2012 10:07 PM

Damn it! I want it, but don't have a Costco card. Does anyone live in Austin and willing to use their card?

kaikuilui 05-12-2012 11:17 PM

Great deal, bought a kirkland triply set a few years ago, too may pans. Got one 4 qty and one 3 qty source pan open stock.

They are induction ready.

Brian1 05-13-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leecook (Post 50001876)

What matters is the features and quality of a product, not where it is made. Good quality products can be made anywhere in the world just as bad quality products can be made anywhere in the world.

skvk 05-13-2012 12:37 AM

I have a tools of the trade hard anodized nonstick set I bought from macys an year n half back. The nonstick coating is fine but the outside of the pans have discolored a bit - Donno if tht was bcoz of the dishwasher. I do want to make the transition to stainless steel but not sure if I'm discarding those anodized pans too soon. Any advice?

Brian1 05-13-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

Are you interested in continuing to cook and becoming a more experienced and better cook? If so, I'd get some stainless steel pans and pots. They are more versatile than nonstick pans in terms of heat range they can handle. Both nonstick and stainless steel have their advantages and disadvantages, but for a someone who even somewhat serious about cooking, stainless steel needs to be in their arsenal.

Taking care of them is easy. Wash them in the dishwasher. If something is stuck on pretty good, take a cue from Cook's Illustrated's January 1998 issue:

"What's the best way to clean a pan with residue cooked onto the bottom?

In our test kitchen, we fill dirty pans with water, then set the full pan over high heat until the water boils. As the temperature of the water increases, the gunk inside the pan loosens and we can scrape it free with a wooden spoon. Just be sure to guard against burning yourself by taking care not too slosh the water too much while scraping or while transferring the hot, water-filled pan back to the sink."

As far as how to make them last, just keeping them clean and not physically damaging them will go a long way to making them last 40+ years if you want. A clad, stainless steel pan/pot is an extremely durable piece of cookware. About the only thing that could go wrong with them is the rivets holding on the handle(s) start to give out.

goldchocobo 05-13-2012 12:39 AM

There is a difference between "tri ply" and "tri ply CLAD." If it has steel over aluminum in the base only, it's one of many cheapo sets and not worth more than $75 at most, imho. If it has steel-over-aluminum running all the way up the sides, it is tri-ply clad, like Tramontina and All-Clad. This is what I mean by the stainless-aluminum-stainless sandwich running up all the way the sides: https://images-na.ssl-images-amaz...K-core.jpg (If that link doesn't work, see: http://bestcookwarefinds.com/wp-c...00x216.gif )

If you want to take a photo of the edges of the pots (may have to take it from the side, not the top/bottom due to the curled lips), that would be useful. Given that it's Costco and the price level, it would be very disappointing if it were merely tri-ply rather than tri-ply clad. Since the box does not say the magic word "clad," I suspect that it might not be fully cladded. That would make this an ice cold deal. Even if it were fully cladded, it's still just a very warm/not quite hot deal considering that the Walmart BHG set goes for $129, albeit with worse sizing: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-...t/14915147 Those who prefer stainless steel lids won't go for either of those sets, of course.

I wrote a summary of the state of tri-ply CLAD cookware a long time ago that I think is still relevant, even though Walmart discontinued their 11-piece set. For those interested, see: http://slickdeals.net/f/3232949-11-piece-Tramontina-Tri-Ply-Clad-Triplyclad-and-enameled-cast-iron-dutch-oven-with-aluminum-nonstick-fry-pan-Ideal-Set-cookware-pots-180-free-ship-to-store

Brian1 05-13-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetssss (Post 49994732)

Regarding opaque lids versus clear lids, I would not either be a deal killer as the vast majority of your cooking will, more than likely, be without the lid. However, if I had the choice between two identical sets (everything is identical, even the price), one with opaque, stainless steel lids and the other with clear lids, I'd choose the opaque, stainless steel lids simply because of the added versatility for me.

i_is_surf 05-13-2012 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took my new set for its maiden voyage tonight. I found an interesting recipe for chicken and mushrooms. It was an interesting concept to fry the chicken on the stove, then pop it in the oven. Granted, I do this all the time with steak and my cast iron skillet, but I was scared everything would stick. On the contrary, there was little to no sticking and I deglazed a pan for the first time.

Everything went better than expected.

Brian1 05-13-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_is_surf (Post 50014682)
I took my new set for its maiden voyage tonight. I found an interesting recipe for chicken and mushrooms. It was an interesting concept to fry the chicken on the stove, then pop it in the oven. Granted, I do this all the time with steak and my cast iron skillet, but I was scared everything would stick. On the contrary, there was little to no sticking and I deglazed a pan for the first time.

Everything went better than expected.

Great! Nice to see an oven thermometer in there too!

lilyema 05-13-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

I think cheap pots are fine for boiling pasta or making broth. Cheap pans don't heat evenly and produce hot spots that cause burns. For sauteing and braising, you need an expensive heavy pan that heat evenly to produce the optimal amount of brown bits that make food so tasty. Nonstick is easy to use for some food like scrambling eggs or stir fry noodles, but nonstick pans can't get as hot as the triply stainless steel or cast iron cookwares, and therefore, not optimal for sauteing and braising.

andersondke 05-13-2012 01:46 AM

I was looking for a best value tri-ply "clad" cookware few months ago, and I ended up with this one from Walmart.

Better Homes and Gardens 10-Piece Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 Stainless-Steel Cookware Set

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-...t/14915147

With the magic word "CLAD", this is the ones with bottom up to the side walls instead of bottom base only.

If this Cuisinart set is truely "Multiclad" line, I would jump on it. (If I didn't buy the BHG set earlier)

Tramotina had a Tri-ply stainless steel set for sale at Walmart back then, but it's just base with aluminum core only. (That was NOT the popular Tramotina Tri-ply CLAD version)

brookeb1 05-13-2012 01:52 AM

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.2 -

i_is_surf 05-13-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersondke (Post 50014916)
I was looking for a best value tri-ply "clad" cookware few months ago, and I ended up with this one from Walmart.

Better Homes and Gardens 10-Piece Tri-Ply Clad 18/10 Stainless-Steel Cookware Set

If this Cuisinart set is truely "Multiclad" line, I would jump on it. (If I didn't buy the BHG set earlier)

That looks like a really good set as well. After a quick glance, the Wal-Mart set has 18/10 whereas the Costco set is simply stainless steel. I wonder if the Wal-Mart set is rated at 350 for both the lids and the pots/pans or if that's just the pots/pans? When I read the instructions on the Costco set today, it said the pots/pans are rated to 400 degrees but the lids are only rated to 300 degrees. The Costco set is truly multiclad though.

Had I seen that set, I might have gotten that one instead of the Costco one. I dunno, that would have been a tough call - but since that one is stamped 18/10 it does seem to have higher quality materials (I don't know if that really makes it better, but the internets tells me it does, so I just go with it)....

Itoq 05-13-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necrosays (Post 49984238)

If you are stir frying for fun then a wok at home is great. And you can create great food. But if you want to get the smoky notes that a good wok cook can get over a solid flame and you want ingredients to come out with the proper texture then go for a relatively wide and heavy pan. Be patient in waiting for it to really heat up before the oil and food goes in. Cook in small batches so that the heat level stays super high and steam can get away from the food very quickly. And get the food on the table quickly before it steams or poaches itself towards the soggy side of things.

I use a 10" or 12" cast iron pan at home for stir fry but a thin steel pan sometimes is better as the heat goes more directly to the food. I rarely get the results I really want if I am cooking for four or more (even if the flavor itself is still top notch.) I can get good stir fry results at home if I cam cooking a small side size dish . At work I typically cook in a mandarin wok over more heat than a most home ranges can put out with all of the burners and the oven on.

Brian1 05-13-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyema (Post 50014790)
I think cheap pots are fine for boiling pasta or making broth. Cheap pans don't heat evenly and produce hot spots that cause burns. For sauteing and braising, you need an expensive heavy pan that heat evenly to produce the optimal amount of brown bits that make food so tasty.

These pans are super cheap but will do all these things. Contrary to popular belief, there is no direct relationship between price and cooking ability.

Bigshottt 05-13-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenocide23 (Post 49972774)

I hate when I burn my quinoa. FYIW, we've had the no stick set from Sam's for 2 years and found the product great.

Bigshottt 05-13-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenocide23 (Post 49981132)
Tri-ply means that there is an aluminum core bound between two pieces of stainless steel. The advantage is that the cookware heats up very quickly on all sides rather than just the bottom of a pan. This allows you to cook food to cook more evenly than other cookware sets.

And I bought this set yesterday. It looks fantastic in person and is a steal at this price and is a Tri-Ply set.

Maybe this set is a better deal for you "tri-ply" people? LINK [amazon.com]

IhaveIdeas 05-13-2012 06:20 AM

Spotted this is Costco's flyer, thanks for confirming that it is indeed a good deal!

xtravbx 05-13-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_is_surf (Post 49997354)
So, I think I'd be in the market for new pans in the next 3-6 months.

I currently have Calphalon that the non-stick has started to flake off of.

Should I head to Costco tomorrow and buy this set? Is it that good of a deal and that durable that I should get there ASAP?

Yes - because the nonstick coating is terrible for your health, once it starts to flake off at all - time to replace the pan

andrewphan74 05-13-2012 07:31 AM

I found that the one from Amazon is rated at 500 degree oven-safe. Does this mean the set from Costco is lower in quality?

JeffSimpson 05-13-2012 07:52 AM

Can anyone post a picture of the bottom of one of the pans (or type the text), specifically the 8 or 10" skillet? I'd like to compare it to the one I have from the MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set I have.

These seems like a really good deal.... but I'm a little skeptical not being able to find any information on the set. I've actually been in the market for a 12" skillet and wanted to get the Cuisnart MCP version, but don't like the fact that it is has the 'helper handle'. However, in this set there is no handle...hrrrmm...

Stainless steel is not hard to cook with, and these are really nice pans (although the set with the glass lids would be a deal breaker for me). The biggest problem that most people have is using too high of heat. These pans are pretty thick and hold heat well, so you just don't need the burners all the way up (i.e. when stir frying). If you are burning food with these pans, you probably have the heat up too high or don't have enough food in the pan.

edit: Just realized how much of a pain it would be to get a good pic of the bottom of the pans. Here is the text from the 10"

Cuisinart
Model # MCP22-24
Skillet
10" / 24 cm
Stainless Steel
Induction Ready
V#17550HD

bryallan 05-13-2012 07:52 AM

Wow! Great deal. Especially with the 12" skillet. I'd get it if I needed cookware.

hooha23 05-13-2012 09:03 AM

No costco around here :( . I have access to an online costco #, but cant order online!

/first-world problems

NuMystic 05-13-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loan_Crusader (Post 50012660)
if you don't own stainless, i wouldn't start with an expensive set. they are very temperamental to work with. you're better off going with hard anodized nonstick. anolon and caphalon makes really nice sets.

Could not disagree more. Stainless is infinitely more forgiving than non-stick which can only be used with soft utensils and in dramatically limited temperature ranges by comparison. Stainless can last decades if taken care of, whereas even the best non-stick has a very limited lifespan with daily use as there is no such thing as a non-stick coating which doesn't wear out.

Loan_Crusader 05-13-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuMystic (Post 50018024)
Could not disagree more. Stainless is infinitely more forgiving than non-stick which can only be used with soft utensils and in dramatically limited temperature ranges by comparison. Stainless can last decades if taken care of, whereas even the best non-stick has a very limited lifespan with daily use as there is no such thing as a non-stick coating which doesn't wear out.

the background of the posted user suggested they preferred ease of use not longevity. anyone that says stainless is easy to use or that nonstick doesn't last a very long time, is non credible. only if you run them through the dishwasher.

eggs don't make my nonstick turn yellow, nor does salt create hundreds of divits in my cookware or discolor them. stainless is temperamental. i'm on year 6 of nonstick and an investment of $20 in new utensils, they look like new.

i own a stainless set i find i seldomly use the set for anything other than decoration. no wonder they last a lifetime.

phantomdoc 05-13-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budget Boi (Post 50012942)
Damn it! I want it, but don't have a Costco card. Does anyone live in Austin and willing to use their card?

Get a costco card. If you are not happy, then cancel and get a refund.

NuMystic 05-13-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loan_Crusader (Post 50018060)
but eggs don't make my nonstick turn yellow, nor does salt create hundreds of divits in my cookware or discolor them. stainless is temperamental. i'm on year 6 of nonstick and an investment of $20 in new utensils, they look like new.

i own a stainless set i find i seldomly use the set for anything other than decoration. it does not sear better.

Eggs are quite literally the only excuse to use nonstick imo which only requires having one single pan on hand, and I still prefer a well seasoned cast iron or carbon blue steel pan for that.

Year 6? I have stainless that still has a mirror chrome finish after 17 years with no pits or discoloration. Super high-end non-stick has gotten better over the years but there still isn't a nonstick set on the planet that can hold up to daily use for that long no matter how you baby it.

Just like nonstick, you need to know how to use your cookware and that takes all of 20 minutes of due diligence. You can keep repeating the word "temperamental", but thousands of articles on every major cooking website and forum back up the fact that stainless is infinitely more forgiving in it's care and use than nonstick.

In professional kitchens the world over 98% of what you'll find is stainless, and that's for a reason. Durability, consistency, and the ability to handle thousands of hours of heavy use across a much broader heat spectrum. Nonstick absolutely has it's place in very specific applications, but those applications are far far more limited in range that stainless can handle.

JeffSimpson 05-13-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

the background of the posted user suggested they preferred ease of use not longevity. anyone that says stainless is easy to use or that nonstick doesn't last a very long time, is non credible. only if you run them through the dishwasher.

eggs don't make my nonstick turn yellow, nor does salt create hundreds of divits in my cookware or discolor them. stainless is temperamental. i'm on year 6 of nonstick and an investment of $20 in new utensils, they look like new.

i own a stainless set i find i seldomly use the set for anything other than decoration. no wonder they last a lifetime.

It really depends on what you want to cook, and how good you want the food to taste. At a basic level, it doesn't really matter what type of cookware you have, as long as you know how to use it, you can make good food with just about anything.

If your stainless steel pots are pitted from salt, it's because you don't know how to properly use the pots. Likewise, if you have a bunch of scratches in your nonstick skillet from using a metal spatula, it's because you aren't using them properly. In that sense, both are "temperamental", but it's only because each has it's strengths and weaknesses. Ideally, you (not you specifically, but in general) should learn how to cook. Learn the benefits of different types of cookware, and you'll find that each has it's own place depending on the job.

I don't think anyone said nonstick "couldn't" last a long time, it's that they have a limited lifetime, even when used properly. By comparison, cast iron or stainless when used properly will far outlast any nonstick skillet that is used normally.

BTW, six years really isn't that long. Come back and post when you've reached 15-20 and we'll see how they are looking. :)

bigballer 05-13-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigshottt (Post 50015830)
I hate when I burn my quinoa. FYIW, we've had the no stick set from Sam's for 2 years and found the product great.

Never burn your brown rice or quinoa again with one of these [frys.com]

arcsum68 05-13-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

agreed and disagreed

Non-stick can be awesome and I too am going on about year 6 (although my main large pan has not survived as well) but if you are doing any serious cooking you need a variety of equipment. Nothing (seriously nothing) browns like stainless, and cast iron is awesome forother things as well.

For example, this pan is fantastic

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7...897&sr=1-2

you can brown then throw the entire thing in the oven, not really an option with most non stick.

Bar Keepers Friend is invaluable in cleaning stainless, for anyone wondering how to clean it, DO NOT kill yourself scrubbing and pitting your pans.

Xenocide23 05-13-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffSimpson (Post 50017166)
Can anyone post a picture of the bottom of one of the pans (or type the text), specifically the 8 or 10" skillet? I'd like to compare it to the one I have from the MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set I have.

These seems like a really good deal.... but I'm a little skeptical not being able to find any information on the set. I've actually been in the market for a 12" skillet and wanted to get the Cuisnart MCP version, but don't like the fact that it is has the 'helper handle'. However, in this set there is no handle...hrrrmm...

Stainless steel is not hard to cook with, and these are really nice pans (although the set with the glass lids would be a deal breaker for me). The biggest problem that most people have is using too high of heat. These pans are pretty thick and hold heat well, so you just don't need the burners all the way up (i.e. when stir frying). If you are burning food with these pans, you probably have the heat up too high or don't have enough food in the pan.

edit: Just realized how much of a pain it would be to get a good pic of the bottom of the pans. Here is the text from the 10"

Cuisinart
Model # MCP22-24
Skillet
10" / 24 cm
Stainless Steel
Induction Ready
V#17550HD

It says
Cuisinart
Model #TPCC22-20
Skillet
8"/20.3cm
Stainless Steel
Induction Ready
V#17550HD

FYI

Edit: According to the packaging these are oven safe up to 350 degress with the lids on and 500 degrees with the lids off if anyone was curious.

gatoatigrado 05-13-2012 10:48 AM

Looks like this is not the MultiClad Pro, and hence (according to the top Amazon reviewer of the MultiClad Pro) not induction compatible. I'd spend the extra $66 for the Pro from Amazon (and, no $50 Costco membership required).

Xenocide23 05-13-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatoatigrado (Post 50019322)
Looks like this is not the MultiClad Pro, and hence (according to the top Amazon reviewer of the MultiClad Pro) not induction compatible. I'd spend the extra $66 for the Pro from Amazon (and, no $50 Costco membership required).

I just posted above that the bottom of the pans say they are induction ready just like the MultiClad pro line.........

rongopongo 05-13-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blastingcap (Post 50014638)
There is a difference between "tri ply" and "tri ply CLAD." If it has steel over aluminum in the base only, it's one of many cheapo sets and not worth more than $75 at most, imho. If it has steel-over-aluminum running all the way up the sides, it is tri-ply clad, like Tramontina and All-Clad. This is what I mean by the stainless-aluminum-stainless sandwich running up all the way the sides: https://images-na.ssl-images-amaz...K-core.jpg (If that link doesn't work, see: http://bestcookwarefinds.com/wp-c...00x216.gif )

If you want to take a photo of the edges of the pots (may have to take it from the side, not the top/bottom due to the curled lips), that would be useful. Given that it's Costco and the price level, it would be very disappointing if it were merely tri-ply rather than tri-ply clad. Since the box does not say the magic word "clad," I suspect that it might not be fully cladded. That would make this an ice cold deal. Even if it were fully cladded, it's still just a very warm/not quite hot deal considering that the Walmart BHG set goes for $129, albeit with worse sizing: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-...t/14915147 Those who prefer stainless steel lids won't go for either of those sets, of course.

I wrote a summary of the state of tri-ply CLAD cookware a long time ago that I think is still relevant, even though Walmart discontinued their 11-piece set. For those interested, see: http://slickdeals.net/f/3232949-11-piece-Tramontina-Tri-Ply-Clad-Triplyclad-and-enameled-cast-iron-dutch-oven-with-aluminum-nonstick-fry-pan-Ideal-Set-cookware-pots-180-free-ship-to-store

informative post.. can any one take pictures to see if it's multi clad

Xenocide23 05-13-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rongopongo (Post 50020268)

For the last time this set is Tri-Ply Multi clad throughout made with stainless steel- aluminum - stainless steel! IT IS NOT JUST THE BASE OF THE PAN. Please look at the pictures in the first post.

mofomo 05-13-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budget Boi (Post 50012942)

you dont need a costco card, just get a costco cash card and use it to get in and pay. if the balance of your cash card is not enough to pay for your purchase, you can pay the remainder with your AMEX card.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Prod...d=10024438

koshia 05-13-2012 03:31 PM

I had the box in my cart, then my wife asked to look on the bottom of the box and i saw "Made In China" so i put it back.

Would appreciate something like this to be from France or Italy.

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.4.1 -

Appleonius 05-13-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshia (Post 50022572)
I had the box in my cart, then my wife asked to look on the bottom of the box and i saw "Made In China" so i put it back.

I hope your wife doesn't own a Coach purse.

JeffSimpson 05-13-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshia (Post 50022572)

You would appreciate it, but you'd also pay quite a bit more. Also, just because it's not made in China, doesn't automatically equal better quality.

WreckedEm 05-13-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rongopongo (Post 50020268)

I picked this set up today. It says very clearly on the box 'Clad construction.'

koshia 05-13-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffSimpson (Post 50023784)
You would appreciate it, but you'd also pay quite a bit more. Also, just because it's not made in China, doesn't automatically equal better quality.

My mom had a similar set from a few years back and its showing signs of rust. Was made in China, is why i put it back.

I agree some stuff isnt bad from China, but i wont take a chance on something i cant return since i dont have membership with this place.

whoasaywhat 05-13-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshia (Post 50024148)
My mom had a similar set from a few years back and its showing signs of rust. Was made in China, is why i put it back.

I agree some stuff isnt bad from China, but i wont take a chance on something i cant return since i dont have membership with this place.

Because only stuff made in China develops rust? I'm confused.

wakko 05-13-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshia (Post 50024148)

im sure the costco "lifetime" return policy would still hold even if you werent a member. may want to look it up but i doubt they'd deny a return just because you arent a current member.

casetronic 05-13-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakko (Post 50025586)
im sure the costco "lifetime" return policy would still hold even if you werent a member. may want to look it up but i doubt they'd deny a return just because you arent a current member.

They do NOT have a lifetime return policy. The general length that coporate and individual stores hold to is 2 years, and if your pots rust after 2 years then you're SOL. Those stories you've heard about people returning TVs after 5-7years do not happen anymore.

cattty 05-13-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 50025686)
They do NOT have a lifetime return policy. The general length that coporate and individual stores hold to is 2 years, and if your pots rust after 2 years then you're SOL. Those stories you've heard about people returning TVs after 5-7years do not happen anymore.

This is correct.

casetronic 05-13-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoasaywhat (Post 50025438)
Because only stuff made in China develops rust? I'm confused.

Because generally speaking, merchandise made in china is of poorer quality than when they're made in other countries, even when they're the same brand.

wakko 05-13-2012 08:36 PM

This is from the website and i think its up to store discretion. TVs and electronics don't get the same policy.

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

Also i think this has a "limited lifetime warranty" rust should fall under the warranty. But if you're worried why not just get the tratamonia set at walmart or shell out the big bucks for the all clad.

Xenocide23 05-13-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakko (Post 50025836)
This is from the website and i think its up to store discretion. TVs and electronics don't get the same policy.

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

Also i think this has a "limited lifetime warranty" rust should fall under the warranty. But if you're worried why not just get the tratamonia set at walmart or shell out the big bucks for the all clad.

The Tramontina sets are also made in china as well as most other cookware. The few multi-clad producers in america that I am aware of are America's Kitchen and All-Clad. Both of which cost hundreds of dollars more for a comparable product.

HOWEVER, I highly doubt this set will be rust prone unless you take poor care of your cookware. Rust is typically a result of misuse or abuse of cookware due to the user.

chodemessiah 05-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuMystic (Post 50018358)
Eggs are quite literally the only excuse to use nonstick imo which only requires having one single pan on hand, and I still prefer a well seasoned cast iron or carbon blue steel pan for that.

Year 6? I have stainless that still has a mirror chrome finish after 17 years with no pits or discoloration. Super high-end non-stick has gotten better over the years but there still isn't a nonstick set on the planet that can hold up to daily use for that long no matter how you baby it.

Just like nonstick, you need to know how to use your cookware and that takes all of 20 minutes of due diligence. You can keep repeating the word "temperamental", but thousands of articles on every major cooking website and forum back up the fact that stainless is infinitely more forgiving in it's care and use than nonstick.

In professional kitchens the world over 98% of what you'll find is stainless, and that's for a reason. Durability, consistency, and the ability to handle thousands of hours of heavy use across a much broader heat spectrum. Nonstick absolutely has it's place in very specific applications, but those applications are far far more limited in range that stainless can handle.

He means that for the average person stainless is harder to use and less forgiving than non-stick. I don't think anyone here is arguing that non-stick is better than stainless. If you have no experience with stainless I can pretty much guarantee you're gonna get something burnt/stuck to the pan. It's much harder to fark something up in a non-stick. That's what he means by temperamental.

puddnhead 05-14-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuMystic (Post 50018358)

You both have valid points. But ... take it easy, OK? You each have different needs, just let it go at that.

m3m3 05-14-2012 06:39 PM

Thanks OP - picked up a set.

m3m3 05-14-2012 08:41 PM

I just noticed one difference between this and the Amazon set that I haven't seen mentioned up to this point. The Amazon set has the "V" handles that stay cool, but the Costco set does not. Maybe there are other less obvious differences.

The Costco set still lists "Stay Cool Handles" on the box, though, so maybe the difference is only cosmetic.

Xenocide23 05-14-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3m3 (Post 50049608)
I just noticed one difference between this and the Amazon set that I haven't seen mentioned up to this point. The Amazon set has the "V" handles that stay cool, but the Costco set does not. Maybe there are other less obvious differences.

The Costco set still lists "Stay Cool Handles" on the box, though, so maybe the difference is only cosmetic.

I actually noticed that when I edited my post. So far the handles have still managed to stay cool so it appears the merely cosmetic as the handles are still riveted to the pans.

nycmidtown 05-15-2012 07:06 AM

Thanks OP - Picked up my set last night!

bluskye 05-15-2012 11:59 AM

I replaced all my odd pieces of cookware with the exception of some allclad pieces with the Multiclad line a while back. They are great items especially at these prices. Bummer about the glass lids though.

funny4life 05-16-2012 01:27 PM

Purchased and used the pan today. Did research on amazon multiclad pro previously, as was very interesting in it. Most recent reviews on amazon for multiclad pro are negative due to staining as well as possible "rusting" due to cuisinart's decision to not use 18 10 stainless steel. Although amazon says 18 10 stainless, no where on the box is that stated, and it is not stated on cuisinart's website either. Amazon simply "chooses (prob due to the added value 18 10 stainless brings)" to avoid updating the change that cuisinart made in the last few years.

Anyways after using it, it does stain worst then the prior 18 10 stainless I've used. Over the next few weeks will see if its worth keeping. Gonna go buy Bars Keepers Friend which a lot of recent reviews on amazon recommend.

I'm not blaming cuisinart for an inferior product, after some research discovered that induction stove tops do not work with 18 10 steel so that could be their reason, although they could have made the inside from 18 10 while the outside from low grade stainless like all-clad does. I guess I can blame them for the decision to go low grade both inside and out instead of just out.

We'll see, costco has excellent return policy.

Hope that helps in ppls decision.

JeffSimpson 05-17-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funny4life (Post 50159140)
Anyways after using it, it does stain worst then the prior 18 10 stainless I've used. Over the next few weeks will see if its worth keeping. Gonna go buy Bars Keepers Friend which a lot of recent reviews on amazon recommend.

I'm curious to see how the BKF works on the stains you were getting. I've only had the MCP set for about 6 months, but certainly no issues with rust. Depending on what I cook I do see some slight discoloration in the pan, but it's nothing that hasn't cleaned up with water. When the wife uses them, and forgets to clean them, BKF does an awesome job removing any baked on food bits. The shine looks like it did when I first opened the box.

arakt 05-18-2012 02:11 PM

Do not buy!!! Junk!!!

I bought this set last Thursday, before Mother's Day, for my wife. She used it twice and the 12" skillet warped on the bottom. It is junk!!! Very cheap and not 18/10. Do yourself a favor and don't buy it. Fortunately I bought it at Costco and they have a great return policy. I brought it back for a full refund. If it seems too good, then most of the time it is :(

NEKH 05-18-2012 04:31 PM

This one has a pasta insert (taller) as opposed to a streamer (shorter) that comes with the set on amazon.

weluvdeals 05-18-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arakt (Post 50265240)
I bought this set last Thursday, before Mother's Day, for my wife. She used it twice and the 12" skillet warped on the bottom. It is junk!!! Very cheap and not 18/10. Do yourself a favor and don't buy it. Fortunately I bought it at Costco and they have a great return policy. I brought it back for a full refund. If it seems too good, then most of the time it is :(

Any 12" skillet will warp at the bottom if the burner's diameter doesn't match the pan's. To my understanding they don't need to sell 12" at all in SS.

But for other pieces in this set, I can swear for the 2QT saucepan. I acquired one a long time ago from TJMaxx for boiling milk and making curries. This piece just rocks. This and my tramontina set is all that I need for everyday cooking.

Jmana 05-18-2012 07:22 PM

Does anyone know if costco will take a printout of the coupon for this? Or do they have coupon books at the store? I threw out my coupon book not realizing that this was a good set of pans, when I saw it I thought it was one of the cheaper types.

m3m3 05-18-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmana (Post 50283134)
Does anyone know if costco will take a printout of the coupon for this? Or do they have coupon books at the store? I threw out my coupon book not realizing that this was a good set of pans, when I saw it I thought it was one of the cheaper types.

It shows no coupon required in the book.

arakt 05-19-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weluvdeals (Post 50273606)
Any 12" skillet will warp at the bottom if the burner's diameter doesn't match the pan's. To my understanding they don't need to sell 12" at all in SS.

But for other pieces in this set, I can swear for the 2QT saucepan. I acquired one a long time ago from TJMaxx for boiling milk and making curries. This piece just rocks. This and my tramontina set is all that I need for everyday cooking.

The one you bought was probably better quality depending on the age. The manufacturing process has changed then. This set is absolutely junk!!!

RiverDeal 05-21-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funny4life (Post 50159140)
Purchased and used the pan today. Did research on amazon multiclad pro previously, as was very interesting in it. Most recent reviews on amazon for multiclad pro are negative due to staining as well as possible "rusting" due to cuisinart's decision to not use 18 10 stainless steel. Although amazon says 18 10 stainless, no where on the box is that stated, and it is not stated on cuisinart's website either. Amazon simply "chooses (prob due to the added value 18 10 stainless brings)" to avoid updating the change that cuisinart made in the last few years.

I'm not blaming cuisinart for an inferior product, after some research discovered that induction stove tops do not work with 18 10 steel so that could be their reason, although they could have made the inside from 18 10 while the outside from low grade stainless like all-clad does. I guess I can blame them for the decision to go low grade both inside and out instead of just out.

We'll see, costco has excellent return policy.

Hope that helps in ppls decision.

These pans are induction ready. This means that the outer skin must be magnetic stainless. Magnetic stainless is MORE corrosion prone due to the reduction in nickel content. This is true for All-Clad Stainless pans also. I did the magnet test on the Costco pans and the outer skin is very magnetic as it should be for inductive cooking; and the interior is non-magnetic (slightly - probably due to proximity of the outer layer) pointing to 18/10 stainless. Base on my very unscientific and amateur test, I would say that these pans are similar to premium induction tri-ply clad pans in that the exterior is 18/00, 400 grade magnetic stainless steel, and the interior is 18/10, 300 grade stainless steel. Also, YMMV as I don't want to fight.

ragrave 05-21-2012 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It said dishwasher safe. After 1 washed, there are many white spot inside my pot.
How can I remove them?

ragrave 05-21-2012 10:36 PM

anyone has this problem?

Xenocide23 05-22-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragrave (Post 50418578)
anyone has this problem?

Use Barkeeper's friend if you want to keep your pans spotless. Rinsing some vinegar around in the pot and wiping it clean can also get rid of discoloration spots.

StrawberryWine 05-24-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Um, not true. As a recent former employee, I can tell you we were returning 8 year old products (Dyson that the owner destroyed). And if you return a TV bought under the old policy (which you can still do), we usually give a refund in the amount of the exact same TV at the time of return; even though it was a 7 year old television, the member complained to corporate and we were forced to refund the original purchase price that was 3 times the current value today. I live in an area with about 6 or so warehouses not too far away, and this is the case at all of the warehouses (though the one I worked at was most liberal).

So if these pans rust in 2 years, Costco will HAPPILY take them back.

fiosfiend 05-25-2012 07:46 AM

These are Tri Ply

I purchased this set from Costco and they ARE true try-ply. It says it on the box in three different places. This is a great deal, best I've seen any where.

fiosfiend 05-25-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettojiggalo (Post 50025812)
Because generally speaking, merchandise made in china is of poorer quality than when they're made in other countries, even when they're the same brand.

You do know that all Apple products are made in china. They are generally regarded as pretty good quality. Where they are made is completely irrelevant. And, they are true triply clad construction and are induction compatible. All of this is stated clearly on the box.

dsherrill 06-03-2012 11:33 AM

BHG In-Store On Clearance

Quote:

Originally Posted by andersondke (Post 50014916)

With the magic word "CLAD", this is the ones with bottom up to the side walls instead of bottom base only.

Tramotina had a Tri-ply stainless steel set for sale at Walmart back then, but it's just base with aluminum core only. (That was NOT the popular Tramotina Tri-ply CLAD version)

This sounded good, and I needed a set quickly. Went to local Walmart, and it was on clearance for $64. Seems like an absolute steal, but a big YMMV!

surajapps 06-03-2012 12:01 PM

How is this compared to the Kirkland Stainless Steel set. The Kirkland one 5 ply and 18/10 steel at 160$ in store.

ethanzbaker 08-07-2012 07:26 AM

The definitive answer on TPCC-12PC

After a lot of confusion over what this product is, what features it has, and how it compares with the other products, I decided to settle the debate and called Cuisinart several times to ask about the product. In the end, I did get the answer, but I also got one incorrect response. One of the representatives told me that it was a rebranding of the French Classic set; this is FALSE! All of the other representatives I contacted told me the correct answer:

The set is a club set, which means that it is "custom" made for clubs, such as Sam's Club and Costco. Therefore, no direct analog exists for this set among the retail products (nonclub) offered by Cuisinart. That said, the technology used is the same as for the Multiclad Pro (MCP) set, but with one difference: glass lids instead of stainless steel. There you have it! In terms of technology, the Tri-Ply Professional set is the same as the Multiclad Professional set, but with glass lids instead of stainless steel. The other differences are customizations: different sizes of a couple of the saucepans and a pasta pot instead of a steamer pot.

robinm 04-27-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Weird, I just returned a 3.5 year old patio set and a 5 year old scale yesterday.