Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Metabo 12" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw $361 at Amazon w/FS (http://slickdeals.net/e/4548106-metabo-12-dual-bevel-sliding-compound-miter-saw-361-at-amazon-w-fs)

Dman52 05-19-2012 05:31 AM

Metabo 12" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw $361 at Amazon w/FS

Amazon has this on sale for $361 with free shipping, retail price is $1,280. The saw has a lot of features with favorable reviews.

Metabo KGS305 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw

http://www.amazon.com/Metabo-12-I...lnk-c47-20

Last sale was $399 back in October.

babyjay8495 05-19-2012 06:03 AM

Must resist!!! Too broke!!!

majorhavoc 05-19-2012 06:13 AM

That is a really good price for a 12" sliding miter saw from a high quality manufactuer. Reviews seem to indicate it's got a few shortcomings but overall is a well made, quality unit. This would be a smart choice compared to an off-brand $200 slider you occasionally find at travelling tool sales or Harbor Freight.

The nit cited in many of the consumer reviews that this saw doesn't have a laser cutting guide is easily fixable. You can buy an aftermarket laser unit that replaces the lock washer on the blade spindle. It has a centrifugal switch that turns it on and off automatically when you activate the saw. http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Indus...B0009XYN4M

Excellent find, OP.

coltrane69 05-19-2012 08:39 PM

Metabo makes fantastic angle grinders, it's the only brand we use at work (heavy industrial environment) I can usually get about three years of extremely heavy use out of them before the bearings start to go in the head. This looks to be a nice deal, it's hard to believe that you can get a name brand 12" sliding compound Miter saw for this cheap. According to the Camels price tracking site, the lowest price ever was $329.35 on February 13th 2012, so it has been cheaper in the past but still seems like a steal at the current price.

respdoc215 05-19-2012 08:41 PM

What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?

"Angry Birds 16" Plush Blue Bird With Sound "

coltrane69 05-19-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respdoc215 (Post 50339720)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?

"Angry Birds 16" Plush Blue Bird With Sound "

:confused: ....LOL

I always go for the 16" bomb birds after shopping for Saws, I have no idea why anyone would want to go for the blue ones... they suck.:D

babyjay8495 05-20-2012 03:36 PM

I broke down and bought it, just too good of a deal to pass up This is cheaper than comparable dewalt, makita, etc and is an arguably better saw.

majorhavoc 05-20-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyjay8495 (Post 50367504)
I broke down and bought it, just too good of a deal to pass up This is cheaper than comparable dewalt, makita, etc and is an arguably better saw.

I don't know if it's arguably better than the Dewalt or Makita (or the Bosch). Those are very nice tools. But you don't think you'll ever have to make any apologies for choosing this saw. I think you got a heck of a deal.

interpon 05-21-2012 11:42 AM

dammit im in.. 9 left .. ehrrr 8 left.. accent my 10 inch dewalt .. use that for smaller trim ...

volunteers 05-21-2012 12:59 PM

I am in too. Cannot beat the price.

Sknzfan 05-21-2012 01:04 PM

Can't say that I've EVER heard of this brand.....and I've been a Cabinetmaker for close to 30 yrs....Great price if it will cut straight....lol

yeti79 05-21-2012 02:56 PM

Metabo?

Never heard of it.

krwa 05-21-2012 03:12 PM

lol @ Metabo

Short name for metabolic syndrome [wikipedia.org] in Japanese

ihaveaquestion 05-21-2012 03:24 PM

Is this good enough to cut off the inner tie rod on a honda accord?

lovingthesaving 05-22-2012 09:09 PM

well I jumped on this deal thanks op,

I guess now I am hoping that I could find cost effective replacement parts in the future.

I choose this over milwaukee solely on current price. Not sure if this is wise.

interpon 06-01-2012 04:39 PM

Unavailable now..njust unboxed.. Very nice indeed.. Im sure you can get parts.. Mine was built in 2010..

pghyndman 06-01-2012 06:32 PM

This posting came just as I was considering adding a miter saw to my workshop, having just spent an ton of time cutting and fitting crown moulding via a table saw (came out great, but agonizingly tedious on the table saw). I started contemplating a simple 10" non-sliding model, but OP's post helped me to rationalize (oh sh*t!) going to a big-dog setup (OP repped for helping me spur on the economy!)

This seems to be a great price for a saw with its capabilities, and I almost sprang for one. Ultimately though, I felt more comfortable going the Dewalt route and ended up cutting a very good deal with Sears (on sale, + Memorial Day discount, + discover Cashback, etc, etc.) for a DWS780 [dewalt.com] and Home Depot for a Dewalt DWX726 [homedepot.com]rolling stand (they accepted a 20% off Harbor Freight coupon).

Either of these are more saw than I, as a home-owner putzer-arounder, would normally need, but hey, in for a pound...

interpon 06-10-2012 12:33 PM

For those who got this deal dont forget to register online xxl warranty is 3 years!!
Also..anyone find a dust adapter? For vacuum?

You only have 4 weeks to register!

Fuzzy_Wuzzy 06-10-2012 02:18 PM

probably a good thing this is OOS now... I have a lot of trim work to do around the house, but it can wait for a little while

TonyG 06-11-2012 02:27 PM

anyone make a mount for this beast yet?

rpearlberg 06-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghyndman (Post 50671422)
This posting came just as I was considering adding a miter saw to my workshop, having just spent an ton of time cutting and fitting crown moulding via a table saw (came out great, but agonizingly tedious on the table saw). I started contemplating a simple 10" non-sliding model, but OP's post helped me to rationalize (oh sh*t!) going to a big-dog setup (OP repped for helping me spur on the economy!)

This seems to be a great price for a saw with its capabilities, and I almost sprang for one. Ultimately though, I felt more comfortable going the Dewalt route and ended up cutting a very good deal with Sears (on sale, + Memorial Day discount, + discover Cashback, etc, etc.) for a DWS780 [dewalt.com] and Home Depot for a Dewalt DWX726 [homedepot.com]rolling stand (they accepted a 20% off Harbor Freight coupon).

Either of these are more saw than I, as a home-owner putzer-arounder, would normally need, but hey, in for a pound...

How much did you pay for this setup? I'm in the same boat, just a home-owner with random projects, but want the biggest, baddest that I can get!! i actually bought this same set-up with a PM at HD back in December or January and got a steal, but ended up selling it on Craigslist....now I wish I hadn't since I only paid $430 out the door....