Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Finance (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   OFFICIAL "Where to sell airline miles/credit card points or rewards THREAD **No buying/selling** (http://slickdeals.net/f/4629010-official-where-to-sell-airline-miles-credit-card-points-or-rewards-thread-no-buying-selling)

ppysr 05-22-2012 07:56 PM

OFFICIAL "Where to sell airline miles/credit card points or rewards THREAD **No buying/selling**

Just got an AMEX card a few months ago, and now have 75K points with the sign up promo. I was thinking about getting some gift cards with the points and sell the gift cards, but heard some people mentioning Rewards2Cash.com.

I never heard of the website before and their payout rate for points seems to be really good, have anyone used them before?

wikipost 05-22-2012 07:56 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

2 Attachment(s)
There is NO buying/selling in this thread. This thread is specifically for tracking websites/merchants that buy airline miles and credit card points/rewards. There is zero tolerance for this policy. Do you have questions regarding if what you are about to post is allowed? Please read these rules - http://slickdeals.net/f/7522872

According to reports from various people on here and FW, avoid the buyer "Sellmileage.com"

Understand the risks. You could get your account frozen, and a very threatening e-mail demanding you tell them details about the trip you booked. If that happens, you will get points taken away from you, and possibly your account shutdown. All brokers know this, and few are telling sellers, but have you noticed how some places no longer buy AA miles that used to?

Don't ask who is buying what. Just send an e-mail to all the brokers listed in this thread and tell them what points you have and how much they are paying. The rate for points and demand changes CONSTANTLY. Always bargain with the brokers and try to get a higher price. No deal is done until you get the info on where to transfer the points. Everyone is flaky, both buyers and sellers so accept that this is the norm

Always check the last few pages for recent reports.

Shop around a good starting point is what is listed in the screenshot.

Do not pay much attention to posts from SD users who have very few posts, very few reputation points, and/or just joined very recently who also do not provide the details the their transaction.

It seems the price changes time by time. I attached a different price.

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

My approach: I BCC all the brokers and see what responses I get. Whoever is saying what I want to hear/making the best offer/responding promptly is who I go with.

Ray
http://www.mileageforcash.com/
info@mileageforcash.com
Chase quickpay available
May cover (some) paypal fees

Eli
http://www.milesbuyer.com/Home
buyingmiles@gmail.com

Bruce
http://www.buyingmiles.net/
info@buyingmiles.net
May buy AA miles
Chase quickpay may be available

Ethan
http://www.mabrokerage.com/
info@mabrokerage.com

Jack
http://www.themilesbroker.com/
info@themilesbroker.com
jack@themilesbroker.com
Chase quickpay available

Vince
http://rewards2cash.com/
http://rewards2cash.com/index.php...on/contact

Good, but minimal discussion
http://www.themileshub.com/

How are transactions completed? Contact brokers for specific instructions but will vary with each broker/rewards program involved. May included:

1. Membership Rewards: Broker will send you the name of someone to add and their FF info. You have a rep (via chat or phone) add an authorized user to your account and either have the rep transfer the points to their FF account or have them set it up so you can transfer it. It took me 3 reps via chat to finally get it done as some reps are better than others. Confirm transfer, get paid. I haven't had to give up account access and can't see why one would need to. A few days or so later I have a rep remove the person from my account (don't want to raise flags with quick adds/deletes, no confirmation that it will but would rather be safe then sorry). Just as an FYI it seems like you may need a minimum of 75K MR points to catch the attention of brokers. Anything less may require patience or luck.

2. Ultimate Rewards: Broker will send you the name of someone to add and their FF info. Go into your account online if you have the INK + and that person as an authorized user. Transfer points to their FF account and then get paid. Shouldn't have to give up account access with the INK +. Somebody else will have to detail the process for the other Chase branded cards (Sapphire? INK CASH?). A few days or so later I go online and remove the person I added.

3. Mileage Plus: You will either purchase the award ticket as instructed by the broker or give them access to your account (give them your login). Some brokers may be willing to pay you beforehand. Process will vary from broker to broker so see which on they use or negotiate one. Some may also prefer you to have the mileage plus credit card and use that card to pay for award fees & taxes. I assume this is to help give off the impression that it is you buying the ticket.

4. AAdvantage: You will either purchase the award ticket as instructed by the broker or give them access to your account (give them your login). Some brokers may be willing to pay you beforehand. Process will vary from broker to broker so see which on they use or negotiate one. Some may also prefer you to have the AA credit card and use that card to pay for award fees & taxes. I assume this is to help give off the impression that it is you buying the ticket. The market for AAs can be scarce at times because of shutdowns in the past so proceed with caution.

5. SW/Rapid Rewards:Anybody?

6. Delta:Anybody?

SlickDilla 05-23-2012 12:08 PM

I did, fast payment and great service/communication.

mindbowels 05-24-2012 09:15 AM

Yeah, look at the other thread. I (and others) have and it worked great. I plan to do so again in the next few days.

Solid1assassin 05-24-2012 09:59 AM

I also just used it and worked great

slicoder 05-25-2012 08:07 AM

I just used it earlier in the week. Good communications. No issues with the transfer. I sold 50K amex points for around $635 net.

InfamousDX 05-25-2012 11:18 AM

Ha finally someone set up a site to buy these frequent traveler points at a decent rate. They are geniuses

ElBerryKM13 08-08-2012 09:54 AM

is this site for real? seems too good to be true...

drozek 08-09-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 (Post 52304582)

Yes real checks, real person. Had my check in 3 days after submitted my points. He is out of Florida. Cashed in 100K points

chickenfly69 08-09-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 (Post 52304582)

Not too good to be true. They buy up your points at a higher rate than Chase or AMEX are willing to buy them back for. Then they turn around and sell the points to people who are 1000 or 2000 points away from booking a trip or buying an item for a significantly higher rate.

We've all seen the links to buy a couple of extra points, but at around $.02 - .03 a point instead of the regular $.01. So paying us $.012 isn't so far fetched when you can sell it for $.020.

ElBerryKM13 08-09-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenfly69 (Post 52347002)
Not too good to be true. They buy up your points at a higher rate than Chase or AMEX are willing to buy them back for. Then they turn around and sell the points to people who are 1000 or 2000 points away from booking a trip or buying an item for a significantly higher rate.

We've all seen the links to buy a couple of extra points, but at around $.02 - .03 a point instead of the regular $.01. So paying us $.012 isn't so far fetched when you can sell it for $.020.

I just used the service and got the money transferred instantly to my paypal account.

Btw i too buy stuff and resell it for a profit and i don't see the issue here. They can but it for 0.00000012 and sell it for whatever price that is called a good business nothing illegal at all.

the.J129 08-09-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppysr (Post 50441810)
Just got an AMEX card a few months ago, and now have 75K points with the sign up promo. I was thinking about getting some gift cards with the points and sell the gift cards, but heard some people mentioning Rewards2Cash.com.

I never heard of the website before and their payout rate for points seems to be really good, have anyone used them before?

As you can see from all the testimonials here, it's a good site...and though when I was using it, I kept thinking that I was going to get scammed...I didn't!

If you're into the GC scene, then hold on to the points and wait for when Amex runs it's bonus offers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenfly69 (Post 52347002)

And how is that your concern? If you were to buy an iPhone from me and be offering me $400, my concern would be to see whether or not $400 was a good price... You could then resell it for $40,000 to a Nigerian Prince. That's not my concern.
:lol: :lol:

chickenfly69 08-10-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 52356244)
And how is that your concern? If you were to buy an iPhone from me and be offering me $400, my concern would be to see whether or not $400 was a good price... You could then resell it for $40,000 to a Nigerian Prince. That's not my concern.
:lol: :lol:

Not my concern at all, I was simply pointing out that the business is legitimate by illustrating how they make money off of it. Some slickdealers don't know why someone would buy points for a higher rate and I was providing an explanation.

the.J129 08-10-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenfly69 (Post 52364740)
Not my concern at all, I was simply pointing out that the business is legitimate by illustrating how they make money off of it. Some slickdealers don't know why someone would buy points for a higher rate and I was providing an explanation.

:) Didn't mean to standoffish! Reps for the explanation! ;)

tommitls 08-12-2012 10:01 PM

i've collected over 1000+ dollars from this site, great customer service.

philldo 08-15-2012 02:37 PM

I was hesitant to try rewards2cash, but ended up taking the plunge with their facebook promo (1.3 cents / point) The process was fairly quick. They said they dropped the check off the same day. It took USPS a couple days to deliver to me.

Overall I would do it again. Just wanted to let people know who it went in case you were on the fence.

avergara4 08-15-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philldo (Post 52487416)
I was hesitant to try rewards2cash, but ended up taking the plunge with their facebook promo (1.3 cents / point) The process was fairly quick. They said they dropped the check off the same day. It took USPS a couple days to deliver to me.

Overall I would do it again. Just wanted to let people know who it went in case you were on the fence.

So do they email you when they drop the check off? Sent them my points on sunday but never received an email stating they had sent a check. I was curious as to whether or not they actually notify you via email.

philldo 08-15-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avergara4 (Post 52489084)
So do they email you when they drop the check off? Sent them my points on sunday but never received an email stating they had sent a check. I was curious as to whether or not they actually notify you via email.

I received several emails. One that they got my points. Then another when they mailed the check.

I think some of the emails ended up in my spam folder. It wouldn't hurt to check.

So far my bank has the check has been accepted.

dzap 08-16-2012 12:54 AM

I can totally vouch for this site. They're great. I cashed out from Chase UR and he check came in the mail like 2-3 days later.

He actually offered to paypal me the money first before sending the points to him, but I ended up instead just taking the check to avoid fees.

inv1sus 10-02-2012 10:23 AM

One more extremely positive review, did this last week and transferred 85k points -- received a check for $1088 in about 3 days. Way better than the $850gc option the AMEX rewards site offered.

Kane1124 10-04-2012 05:40 PM

I also used this for Chase UR and received the check in the mail. Totally worth it!

dzap 10-05-2012 04:54 PM

Wait..you can sell Delta SkyMiles with this site now? NO FARKING WAY.

Sagi 11-26-2012 08:15 PM

Yeah, just wanna add that this site is legit. Cashed 17,500 points and got $218.75. Will do another in a few months.

ericfw 11-29-2012 10:05 PM

Delta and AAdvantage have high transfer fee, making it not worth it?

imjosh 11-29-2012 10:54 PM

Google flighthunter bruce, he gave a much higher rate than rewards2cash.com, and he sent the funds first

TWG2012 11-30-2012 04:50 AM

I have 80K SPG points...would I be stupid to cash these out? This website will give me $1,160 for them.

BiG DoGN12 12-03-2012 12:51 AM

Since there's no ultimate rewards deals this year I guess I should cash out these points...

InfamousDX 12-03-2012 09:50 AM

Be careful sending out your Chase UR points now that they have SPECIFIC verbiage stating that points are intended for you or your housemate/partner. Plenty of people in the FF community are getting their accounts shut down because of it.

nrdk00 12-03-2012 11:16 AM

So it's a no go on sending Chase UR points? Happen to have quite a few built up and would love to trade at the 1.25 rate but not worth it if they cancel my account because of it.

InfamousDX 12-03-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrdk00 (Post 55629756)
So it's a no go on sending Chase UR points? Happen to have quite a few built up and would love to trade at the 1.25 rate but not worth it if they cancel my account because of it.

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/10/i...transfers/

nrdk00 12-03-2012 11:23 AM

Thanks InfamousDX, definitely not worth the risk in that case. Repped

SlickDilla 12-03-2012 11:23 AM

Just did second transaction with Rewards2cash and received check Friday. Cashed out some UR points (dont give a damn if they cancel my saphire card, I opened it to point farm to begin with lolol)

As always A+ service

Sagi 12-03-2012 09:35 PM

Awww.. I was planning to do another transaction with rewards2cash... but don't want to risk having Chase close the accounts.

tam421602 12-08-2012 12:47 PM

Sent in my request on Tuesday and got my check yesterday (Friday). Great Communication, fast delivery. :)

mo.karney 12-08-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfamousDX (Post 55626152)
Be careful sending out your Chase UR points now that they have SPECIFIC verbiage stating that points are intended for you or your housemate/partner. Plenty of people in the FF community are getting their accounts shut down because of it.

If I send him the points what exactly happens? Will the points be taken away or what?

Dem Bums 12-09-2012 07:16 PM

So I have about 100,000 ultimate rewards points.

If I simply asked for the points to be credited towards my credit card balance, it would be $1,000.

If I were to go through Rewards2Cash, I would get a check for $1,220.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it makes any sense to jeopardize all those points for $220. Am I missing something?

mo.karney 12-09-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dem Bums (Post 55866772)
So I have about 100,000 ultimate rewards points.

If I simply asked for the points to be credited towards my credit card balance, it would be $1,000.

If I were to go through Rewards2Cash, I would get a check for $1,220.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it makes any sense to jeopardize all those points for $220. Am I missing something?

Chase will close your Ultimate Rewards Account AFTER the transaction or that is what I think. Iam in the same boat as you but with 80,000. I dont care for the account since Iam going to Discover but I want to make sure I get cash or apply it towards by balance and not let the points disappear.

bonkman 12-10-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 55872438)
Chase will close your Ultimate Rewards Account AFTER the transaction or that is what I think. Iam in the same boat as you but with 80,000. I dont care for the account since Iam going to Discover but I want to make sure I get cash or apply it towards by balance and not let the points disappear.

Who am I to tell you what to do with finances but why don't you keep both Chase and Discover? It depends on what chase card you have, of course, but I use both my Freedom and Discover card regularly. Freedom is my main card but Discover is used for 5+% back purchases. The rewards tend to complement each other nicely.

drozek 12-10-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoghthegamer (Post 55872438)

I sent him over 130k points, 100k points one transaction and 30k another, no closed accounts

r4l3x 12-10-2012 10:06 PM

Well, I decided to sell him 16k points on Dec 3 before reading the article and now I'm worried that I could get my account closed and I haven't received my check... Hopefully I'll receive it without problems and won't get in trouble with my account (especially because recently I seriously complained about missing points in two consecutive Kohls transactions...)

Jperiod 12-11-2012 11:22 AM

Looks like they stopped taking UR! :( I waited too long!

r4l3x 12-11-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4l3x (Post 55913468)
Well, I decided to sell him 16k points on Dec 3 before reading the article and now I'm worried that I could get my account closed and I haven't received my check... Hopefully I'll receive it without problems and won't get in trouble with my account (especially because recently I seriously complained about missing points in two consecutive Kohls transactions...)

Just wanted to leave a follow up. Rewards2cash was very responsive at all times and I received an immediate resolution to my missing check.

I'm happy to have done business with them! Now I only hope I won't have problems with UR... :rolleyes:

Dr. J 12-12-2012 02:22 PM

man I have to remember to sell some amex points and United miles before the cash cow dies. amex rewards suck and I don't use the card often at all. The united points (~43k) aren't valuable to me because there's little chance I'd actually use them for a flight vs just finding the cheapest carrier.

drozek 12-13-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jperiod (Post 55931458)

I will buy your UR points lol

mrom34 12-13-2012 10:59 AM

I think they have a typo on their website. United MileagePlus (unit of 1000) for $373.75 looks like christmas gift

Dr. J 12-13-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrom34 (Post 56013944)
I think they have a typo on their website. United MileagePlus (unit of 1000) for $373.75 looks like christmas gift

thought that was 10k....

wait, clicking through it I find:

Please expect longer handling time for this product. Half payment will be paid within days, and the other half will be paid in estimated 1-2 months.
In unit of 32,500 points.
This product doesn't support Option B: get paid before point transfer.

jeremy_t 12-13-2012 11:27 AM

Same here - excellent experience. I redeemed $1875 worth of Amex MR points.

jrandall 12-13-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J (Post 56013978)
thought that was 10k....

wait, clicking through it I find:

Please expect longer handling time for this product. Half payment will be paid within days, and the other half will be paid in estimated 1-2 months.
In unit of 32,500 points.
This product doesn't support Option B: get paid before point transfer.

Selling united miles is a little different. He logs into your account and books tickets through your account. 32,500 is the cost of a one way ticket to China, apparently.

It sounds a little sketchy, but it worked out perfectly for me.

Dr. J 12-13-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrandall (Post 56023530)
Selling united miles is a little different. He logs into your account and books tickets through your account. 32,500 is the cost of a one way ticket to China, apparently.

It sounds a little sketchy, but it worked out perfectly for me.

that kind of explains why it also says that you aren't paid all at once

AAAcharlie 12-31-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jperiod (Post 55931458)

In fact they just upped the cash ratio. It is now a 30% bonus.

oakfan52 12-31-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAcharlie (Post 56518830)

So I sell my point for 1.3/point and then paypal takes 2.9% so leaving me with .01% over what I can redeem them myself.... what am I missing?

Jperiod 12-31-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

too bad, I already took a statement credit. :(

kweeb 12-31-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakfan52 (Post 56520750)
So I sell my point for 1.3/point and then paypal takes 2.9% so leaving me with .01% over what I can redeem them myself.... what am I missing?

Nope. Say you sell $1,000 worth of points for $1,300, and then paypal takes 2.9% of the $1,300. This leaves you with $1,262.30.

lol math

BiG DoGN12 01-01-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

I'm curious as to why he upped the rate? Last year I'm assuming he was purchasing a lot in hopes of Chase running the Best Buy / Cyber Monday deal again. That fell through and a couple days after he stopped taking UR points probably because he had so much stocked up. I'm curious as to what deal is going on now that has caused him to currently value the UR points so highly?

chimmy826 01-01-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakfan52 (Post 56520750)

Why not opt for a check? That's what I recently did with MR points and the check came fairly quickly. No loss due to PayPal fees.

attgig 01-02-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericfw (Post 55512578)
Delta and AAdvantage have high transfer fee, making it not worth it?

?
not sure what you mean by this. if he's offering his rate of 1000 sky miles for 10 bucks... who would be paying a transfer fee?

mrkk 01-02-2013 11:39 AM

so if I have 80k delta, how much would they be worth to deal hunter?

jrandall 01-03-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiG DoGN12 (Post 56529072)
I'm curious as to why he upped the rate? Last year I'm assuming he was purchasing a lot in hopes of Chase running the Best Buy / Cyber Monday deal again. That fell through and a couple days after he stopped taking UR points probably because he had so much stocked up. I'm curious as to what deal is going on now that has caused him to currently value the UR points so highly?

He's not buying the UR points for the merchandise, he's buying them so he can turn them into airline miles with a Chase Sapphire account. He then turns them into tickets, and sells people tickets at a discount rate.

Buy at 1.3 cpp, sell at 1.5cpp(a guess). Somebody gets a plane ticket to China valued at 1.7cpp. Everybody wins (unless the original point owner was planning on taking a trip to China).

MagicEight 01-03-2013 10:45 AM

As far as I can tell, they're worth more than 1.7 cpp if used properly. (For example, British Airways sometimes has a promo adding a percentage of whatever you transfer into your account, etc.) There are individuals who will buy UR up to 1.8-1.9 cpp.

InfamousDX 01-04-2013 12:33 PM

Here are some numbers.

Round trip First class ticket to Asia on United ($) - $10,000
Round trip First class tickets to Asia (United miles) - 140,000

These services will buy miles at 1.7cpp.
So 140,000 miles will cost them $2,380.

They can then sell the F ticket for however much they desire but you can easily see the profit margin.

69ragtop 01-07-2013 08:43 PM

Does anyone know how Delta skymiles are transferred?

dzap 01-07-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69ragtop (Post 56696976)
Does anyone know how Delta skymiles are transferred?

I do actually. I backed out, transferring my miles once I understood what he had to do. I trust this company, but not THAT much.

Basically I was told that they would need access to my SkyMile account..change the password if necessary etc. I was okay with that, what I WASN'T okay with was that he said he needed pretty much unlimited access to my Delta account (ie so he could log in and buy tickets at anytime, for his customers is what I was told), for like 2 months.

Considering that I had my Delta Skymiles Amex Plat. and all kinds of info. in my Delta account, I respectfully declined.

I was okay if he only needed for maybe a few minutes, maybe a day, but 2 months was way out of the question, when you could literally change anything and do anything with your Delta account.

MagicEight 01-08-2013 07:21 AM

Don't mean to hijack, but I recenty used GetPeyd.com (for United miles) - I asked here on the boards about them cause they are not nearly as known as Rewards2Cash. But everything went smoothly - and they only needed access to my account for a couple of days (I got paid in about a week.)

mak101 01-08-2013 03:20 PM

I don't see for BA miles?Anyone sold BA file to this site or any other site?

Chereya 01-09-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjosh (Post 55513958)
Google flighthunter bruce, he gave a much higher rate than rewards2cash.com, and he sent the funds first

Thank you for dropping this info. I looked Bruce up and spoke to him on the phone. There is a lot of TRUST that needs to be in place so if you're not comfortable then don't do these types of deals. But I'm happy with my adventures today and Bruce comes off as a nice, normal guy with a family he supports and his customer demographic is something that I can morally support, too.

MagicEight 01-09-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chereya (Post 56727410)
Thank you for dropping this info. I looked Bruce up and spoke to him on the phone. He gave me a great quote for my Chase UR points which was higher than Rewards2cash guy.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did he pay for the UR points?

Chereya 01-09-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrzions (Post 56730660)
If you don't mind me asking, how much did he pay for the UR points?

I'd rather not but you should easily be able to compare yourself. The Rewards2cash site has an automated form to see how much they're offering for your amount of points and then you can email Bruce and ask for his quote and compare the two. He was very quick with my quote.

Also wanted to add that I thought the Rewards2cash guy was very prompt and professional and I probably would have sold him my points. I held back because I was also very concerned about losing my account and I feel like a very public business like his with an automated website, etc, would be more likely to get the attention of the credit companies. I also would not have been comfortable allowing him access to my airline account in the manner described above by a previous poster.

MagicEight 01-09-2013 01:00 PM

I've used GetPeyd.com, which was very easy to work with, but I'm always looking for a better deal, if it's out there. I don't have a significant amount of UR right now, but when I accumulate some, I'll google Bruce, and will check with him. Thanks for the heads up!

Chereya 01-09-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrzions (Post 56739238)
I've used GetPeyd.com, which was very easy to work with, but I'm always looking for a better deal, if it's out there. I don't have a significant amount of UR right now, but when I accumulate some, I'll google Bruce, and will check with him. Thanks for the heads up!

You can also just email him with a hypothetical. I'm sure he won't mind if you tell him him you're just researching for the next time. He is looking for AmEx MR points so if you jumped on the recent Plat 100k bonus application, you should have those available in a few months.

MagicEight 01-09-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chereya (Post 56739438)
You can also just email him with a hypothetical. I'm sure he won't mind if you tell him him you're just researching for the next time. He is looking for AmEx MR points so if you jumped on the recent Plat 100k bonus application, you should have those available in a few months.

I'll contact him. My wife and I both jumped on it, so we should be getting 200k soon. Thanks!

dzap 01-09-2013 06:18 PM

GetPeyd.com was very nice and friendly but the offer he gave me for my miles was total crap compared to what R2C was offering (the guy has also worked with me in the past and I've been happy with R2C though).

Anyway for Bruce this is the saame guy right?
https://www.facebook.com/flighthunter
...any difference to submitting a quote on his site www.buyingmiles.net vs email?

Chereya 01-09-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 56747040)
GetPeyd.com was very nice and friendly but the offer he gave me for my miles was total crap compared to what R2C was offering (the guy has also worked with me in the past and I've been happy with R2C though).

Anyway for Bruce this is the saame guy right?
https://www.facebook.com/flighthunter
...any difference to submitting a quote on his site www.buyingmiles.net vs email?

Yes, that's the guy. I didn't try out his website quote form. Even Bruce admits his website looks like it was made by a Kindergartener. ;) He is looking to get a new website made. He was very responsive via FB and emails.

MagicEight 01-09-2013 08:09 PM

Just contacted him, and he responded very quickly. I told him I'm asking for the future, when I amass the points I want to sell. He said that the value changes, but gave me a price for the points I have now. When the time comes, I'll shop around.

1dash1 01-10-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 56747040)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chereya (Post 56747294)
Yes, that's the guy. I didn't try out his website quote form. Even Bruce admits his website looks like it was made by a Kindergartener. ;) He is looking to get a new website made. He was very responsive via FB and emails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrzions (Post 56749084)
Just contacted him, and he responded very quickly. I told him I'm asking for the future, when I amass the points I want to sell. He said that the value changes, but gave me a price for the points I have now. When the time comes, I'll shop around.

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences and your cautionary notes. Thought I'd just drop you a little note of appreciation.

And reps to all! :)

Switching2Geico 01-10-2013 07:03 PM

I have 10,000 miles united.

I have 8000 aa miles.

Any approximation wat they would be worth?

Lookin to sell asap

joeboy 01-10-2013 07:07 PM

I've sold about 300k avios to Bruce from flighthunter. Several other deals with him. Solid experience with higher rates than R2C

Quote:

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 56716494)
I don't see for BA miles?Anyone sold BA file to this site or any other site?

MagicEight 01-10-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switching2Geico (Post 56772348)

I have 8000 aa miles.

Lookin to sell asap

I sold 110k united to GetPeyd, they paid 1.25 cents per mile. But it was a big lot. Dunno if 10k is worth anything, as I understand it, since the miles cannot be combined, you need a certain minimum in order to be able to purchase a flight.

PandaHouse 01-10-2013 07:52 PM

getpeyd offered very low for my avios and delta skymiles. Still waiting to hear from Bruce, I used the buyingmiles site to submit a quote request but haven't heard back. I'll email tomorrow if I don't get a reply by then.

Chereya 01-10-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switching2Geico (Post 56772348)

I have 8000 aa miles.

Lookin to sell asap

AFAIK you have to have enough points to purchase an actual award flight. So, I am not sure you would be able to sell that few points.

mrmessma 01-10-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimmy826 (Post 56532844)
Why not opt for a check? That's what I recently did with MR points and the check came fairly quickly. No loss due to PayPal fees.

Guys, let's do our math, this is very basic. 30% and 2.9% are nowhere near similar.

Switching2Geico 01-10-2013 11:10 PM

Wat about southwest miles? I have 50k

Chereya 01-10-2013 11:59 PM

Bruce wanted me to share some information with the rest of the thread readers. I'm going to paraphrase and then add on some of my own anecdotes...

"Bruce pays you up front before you transfer the points. Sometimes as quickly as 5 minutes after you tell him what you have." - As I mentioned before, these deals take a lot of TRUST but he is willing to be the first person to extend trust. That was one of my big fears before I did the deal - what if this guy is a big scam and I transfer my points first and then I'm left with nothing but huge regrets and an angry husband? :shake:

"Bruce is a patient person and he pays more than most of the other points brokers." - Don't be afraid to just drop him an email to ask for a quote on your points or miles. He's very personable and he'll answer your questions to your satisfaction. In the course of my emails, I flat out told him I was skeptical and wanted to know how he turns a profit and what he does with the points.

"Bruce uses the points to find flights for people who have medical conditions (he has one himself) and is willing to take a smaller profit for himself in order to help others." - This is why I want to help support Bruce's business. I have no idea how much he sells the points/tickets for but I believe that he's taking a smaller cut for himself in order to give the point seller a higher payout. And I can fully support helping people with their medical issues. Sometimes people need to go to a special doctor or clinic and they have a chance to get an appointment quickly but the air prices are too high to pay out of pocket. I assume that Bruce charges them less than the published air fare and finds someone with the right amount of points to help book the ticket.

I think his main website is bestmilesbrokers.com. I hadn't seen it before - he just mentioned it to me tonight. It looks a lot nicer and he's got a Skype button on it. ;) He shares good credit card offers on his FB page (flighthunter) and can get his customers deals on worldwide Hyatt hotel stays (30%+ off under the medical rate). He honestly wants all of his customers to be happy.

I don't work for the guy and he didn't give me anything at all to write about him here. I'm a satisfied customer and I think he's a decent guy and want to help him grow his business and help his other medical customers. There's nothing wrong with comparing quotes from other places and I'm sure that the ones that other people have had good experiences with are also good to continue doing business with. But Bruce pays more, he'll pay you first before you pay him and I feel like it's a good cause so I'll stick with him.

mak101 01-11-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeboy (Post 56772442)
I've sold about 300k avios to Bruce from flighthunter. Several other deals with him. Solid experience with higher rates than R2C

What rate did you get for BA miles from him?

joeboy 01-11-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 56786018)
What rate did you get for BA miles from him?

Well, as has been pointed out before - the rates change, so you'll have to get a current quote, but I believe it was about 1.1cpm once and 1.3 at another time. Avios are sometimes "on sale" for as much as 50% off if you transfer from MR, so at that time, they were worth less.

SlickDilla 01-11-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chereya (Post 56777552)
Bruce wanted me to share some information with the rest of the thread readers. I'm going to paraphrase and then add on some of my own anecdotes...

"Bruce pays you up front before you transfer the points. Sometimes as quickly as 5 minutes after you tell him what you have." - As I mentioned before, these deals take a lot of TRUST but he is willing to be the first person to extend trust. That was one of my big fears before I did the deal - what if this guy is a big scam and I transfer my points first and then I'm left with nothing but huge regrets and an angry husband? :shake:

"Bruce is a patient person and he pays more than most of the other points brokers." - Don't be afraid to just drop him an email to ask for a quote on your points or miles. He's very personable and he'll answer your questions to your satisfaction. In the course of my emails, I flat out told him I was skeptical and wanted to know how he turns a profit and what he does with the points.

"Bruce uses the points to find flights for people who have medical conditions (he has one himself) and is willing to take a smaller profit for himself in order to help others." - This is why I want to help support Bruce's business. I have no idea how much he sells the points/tickets for but I believe that he's taking a smaller cut for himself in order to give the point seller a higher payout. And I can fully support helping people with their medical issues. Sometimes people need to go to a special doctor or clinic and they have a chance to get an appointment quickly but the air prices are too high to pay out of pocket. I assume that Bruce charges them less than the published air fare and finds someone with the right amount of points to help book the ticket.

I think his main website is bestmilesbrokers.com. I hadn't seen it before - he just mentioned it to me tonight. It looks a lot nicer and he's got a Skype button on it. ;) He shares good credit card offers on his FB page (flighthunter) and can get his customers deals on worldwide Hyatt hotel stays (30%+ off under the medical rate). He honestly wants all of his customers to be happy.

I don't work for the guy and he didn't give me anything at all to write about him here. I'm a satisfied customer and I think he's a decent guy and want to help him grow his business and help his other medical customers. There's nothing wrong with comparing quotes from other places and I'm sure that the ones that other people have had good experiences with are also good to continue doing business with. But Bruce pays more, he'll pay you first before you pay him and I feel like it's a good cause so I'll stick with him.

Lol Im sorry but that just cries fishy. Medical conditions? This guy sounds like a nigerian prince.

Chereya 01-11-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDilla (Post 56787002)
Lol Im sorry but that just cries fishy. Medical conditions? This guy sounds like a nigerian prince.

Makes no matter to me what you believe or not, whether you pick him to sell your points to or whether you even sell your points at all. Sometimes you have to take information at face value. What do you want - a dr's note? :lol:

Opusnbill7 01-11-2013 03:18 PM

I sold 25K points to Bruce recently, and he seemed very good to deal with. Haven't decided if I'm going to sell any more, but not because of anything he did. I just may want to keep them for myself even though I don't have a plan for them right now. :)

PandaHouse 01-11-2013 04:48 PM

What email are people using to get a quote from Bruce? Going thru the form on his site doesn't seem to get a response. TIA

MagicEight 01-12-2013 04:36 PM

Google bruce flighthunter. I found his facebook page, and he had his email posted there.

ionizer 01-12-2013 11:41 PM

Hey everyone, I talked with Bruce via phone today and he seems pretty legit. He walked me through the process.

However, in the end I ended up going with rewards2cash simply as a matter of timing. Bruce extended 2 offers to me throughout the day for his needs, but I happened to be out of the house at the time and thus unable to do the transfers. By the time I got home, to see if the transfer needs still existed, I didn't hear back from him (this was late at night though, so as to be expected).

I ended up getting a phone call back at 1225at night (I told Vince that it was ok up until 1230) from Vince @ rewards2cash and he was able to do instant transfers and pay me upfront for each one.

I transferred 316k points, so we're talking about $4k (give or take) in payments from them.

I received each one before I hit submit, verified in my paypal. Now all the money is pending from my paypal to my bank account.

So smooth transaction w/ R2C - hope no issues come up from Amex or paypal.
Discussions w/ Bruce were pleasant and nice - I think he's a bit disappointed that I didn't go through with him, but I told him I'll have 100k from my amex platinum deal in 2-3 months and definitely able to reach out to him and be patient then. These 316k were my dad's and i knew if i didnt complete it this weekend he would end up using it in some stupid way.

caiyueyuan 01-13-2013 02:08 AM

I vote for R2C for it's straightforward and honest. Had Chase Ultimate Rewards from freedom to cash out and was informed the risk of card close. Decided to cancel the trade but will definitey use R2C for my AMEX rewards (just applid the 100k platinum card couple of days ago and hope to get the points soon).

oyouno 01-13-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chereya (Post 56777552)

Thats all fine and good, but it is all about making money/profit in the end for pointbrokers.
There are HUGE profit margins to be made here. I am kind of suprised some point brokers arn't offering higher cash payouts for miles/points.
But I guess it all depends on their real-time live quotes and their current needs from clients wanting to buy cheaper plane ticket rates.

I have a ton of miles/points and 1.5k dollars may seem tempting... but flying buisness class to sydney for 135k miles instead is even more tempting, which is about a 7,000+ dollar ticket.

Or of course I sell the ticket to a friend and he a gets 50% discount and I make 2k more then pointsbroker offers.

Chereya 01-13-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyouno (Post 56827384)
Thats all fine and good, but it is all about making money/profit in the end for pointbrokers.
There are HUGE profit margins to be made here. I am kind of suprised some point brokers arn't offering higher cash payouts for miles/points.
But I guess it all depends on their real-time live quotes and their current needs from clients wanting to buy cheaper plane ticket rates.

I have a ton of miles/points and 1.5k dollars may seem tempting... but flying buisness class to sydney for 135k miles instead is even more tempting, which is about a 7,000+ dollar ticket.

Or of course I sell the ticket to a friend and he a gets 50% discount and I make 2k more then pointsbroker offers.

I don't think anyone is in dispute that the best use of points would be to spend them on an expensive, overseas RT visit that would otherwise cost thousands of dollars if paid out of pocket. But not everyone has the time or ability to do something like that just to make the most out of their FF points. And some of us don't know anyone who likewise would have travel plans that would maximize the value gotten out of an actual airplane ticket. Many of us have kids and jobs and whatever else going on that makes it difficult or impossible to do anything with free points so having the option to sell them to someone else is fantastic.

I see what you're suggesting is to do what the brokers do and find your own "customer" to sell the points to. That's all well and good if you have someone that you can do that with. But I think the point of this thread is to share which brokers people have had good and legitimate experiences with so other people can make informed decisions on whether or not to sell their points and to whom.

dtmamg 01-13-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caiyueyuan (Post 56816370)
I vote for R2C for it's straightforward and honest. Had Chase Ultimate Rewards from freedom to cash out and was informed the risk of card close. Decided to cancel the trade but will definitey use R2C for my AMEX rewards (just applid the 100k platinum card couple of days ago and hope to get the points soon).

Finally someone here brings up this topic. While this is a good thread on the pts/miles conversion, pls do be careful as chase has been cracking down this type of action, mainly on the Sapphire cards. if you go to Flyer talk, there is one thread of 15 pages, and going strong

RedOctane 01-13-2013 11:30 PM

Hey guys if anybody is thinking to sell their points either chase ur or Amex mr I will buy em from you:)

dealfinder001 01-15-2013 08:04 AM

Hi, I'm pretty new here and just read through this thread. I also used milesbuyer.com and everything went really fast and smooth....they even paid me right away via paypal before using any miles in my account...will definitely do business with again

SlickDilla 01-15-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtmamg (Post 56831626)
Finally someone here brings up this topic. While this is a good thread on the pts/miles conversion, pls do be careful as chase has been cracking down this type of action, mainly on the Sapphire cards. if you go to Flyer talk, there is one thread of 15 pages, and going strong

This topic was brought up several times before on this thread, learn 2 read.

dealfinder001 01-15-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDilla (Post 56859932)

The closures have related mainly to the chase Sapphire preferred transfers from UR to UR. I have yet to hear of a closure related to a UR to United or Hyatt transfer...did it many times

dtmamg 01-15-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDilla (Post 56859932)

get a life, some here just glance on the thread, instead of reading posts word for word:lmao:

SlickDilla 01-15-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtmamg (Post 56865252)
get a life

Says the loser with 3000 more posts than me in the same amount of time.

dtmamg 01-15-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDilla (Post 56865366)
Says the loser with 3000 more posts than me in the same amount of time.

it is learn "to" read:bulb:

KYBOSH 01-15-2013 08:18 PM

Here's a question guys... if they can shut down our accounts for sending points to the R2C guy... why can't/dont they shutdown his for receiving them???

I imagine he may have a handful of UR cards/accounts... At the rate he's going he has like a million points or so sitting at any one time.

If that doesn't draw attention to an account holder I dont know why our mere 30, 50, 80k points tranfer would.

MagicEight 01-15-2013 09:23 PM

I imagine that they would and do shut down his cards. However, like dealfinder001 wrote, they don't bother with transfers of UR to United, or something like that.

Also, they move slowly. A friend of mine told me he had a card shut down 5 months after the transfer. And even when they told him that the card is going to be closed, they also said that he has a couple of more days to use the points!

PandaHouse 01-15-2013 10:58 PM

Giving a data point / update -

Offer wise, rewards2cash offered the most but had a wait time for half of the payment, getpeyd offered the lowest and Bruce was between the 2 offers but very close to what rewards2cash was offering. Sold the points to Bruce since he was very easy to work with and there was no wait time involved.

chimmy826 01-16-2013 11:13 AM

R2C typically has you wait until the traveler flies to ensure that you don't modify or cancel the reservation. That said, he was willing to pay me the other half early as long as I signed an affidavit stating that I would not change the reservation and my password prior to the travel and faxed/e-mailed that affidavit back to him.

InfamousDX 01-16-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimmy826 (Post 56889696)
R2C typically has you wait until the traveler flies to ensure that you don't modify or cancel the reservation. That said, he was willing to pay me the other half early as long as I signed an affidavit stating that I would not change the reservation and my password prior to the travel and faxed/e-mailed that affidavit back to him.

I find it weird that he makes you sign an affadavit regarding an activity that is against the ToS of any award program.

dzap 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

Bruce contacted me finally, and I was emailing him and he was responding...then stopped responding all of a sudden. Eh?

marble2012 01-19-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 56892626)
Bruce contacted me finally, and I was emailing him and he was responding...then stopped responding all of a sudden. Eh?

I sent him an email a few days back looking for a quote and have not heard anything...

Opusnbill7 01-19-2013 02:54 PM

Same here...

macphisto23 01-19-2013 03:26 PM

Anybody have problems linking travel account to your amex account? I am trying to transfer points into an account that rewards2cash supplied me with, however, it has been 24 hours since I submitted the new account and it has yet to be confirmed so I can transfer the points.

dtopler 01-20-2013 08:15 AM

I sold a bunch of AA and UA miles to Bruce and it was very painless. He PayPal'ed me the money before I gave him the account information. We're still in touch since I'll be selling a few more miles in the coming weeks. No complaints here.

dzap 01-21-2013 03:08 PM

Well Bruce got back to me and same...he's a trusting guy I guess. Got paid, and gave him my account info. Very painless. Didn't sell all my miles but he paid immediately so I took it.

He just seems unresponsive for a bit if there's no buyers for the miles you need at the exact moment.

You guys can Skype him though at brucergoldberg and he seems to be super responsive.

BusyTraveler 01-23-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDilla (Post 56787002)

I just did a deal for 359K air miles with Bruce and it was painless.It took just a few hours (I was busy with work) and right now I have a chunk of cash sitting in my PayPal account. Bruce is the real deal and very professional/easy to work with. I would, and will, recommend him to everyone. Maybe you should hold of on your judgements of others "SlickDilla." Try and give someone the benefit of a doubt.

flighthunter 01-23-2013 06:54 PM

"He just seems unresponsive for a bit if there's no buyers for the miles you need at the exact moment."

Guys, this is Bruce "flight hunter"

I first wanted to thank everyone who has contacted and sold to me over the last couple of weeks. I understand that you have a choice of who to sell to, and I want you to know that I genuinely appreciate you coming to me when you want to sell your points.

I pretty much buy everything. With that being said, there are certain things that I do not buy because they are either not enough points for us to use, or too risky for both you and I to engage in.

I also wanted to address the Chase issue. The folks who have sold to the "other guys" have been instructed to transfer in a way that puts them at risk for audits. None of my sellers have been audited or have had their accounts shut off by chase.

We pay upfront, all at once. No deposits, no lists, and most of the time no waiting. Sometimes I can give you a quote and tell you I will buy your points and most of the time this happens. But just like with life, there are times when things just dont line up properly. I work til midnight to support my family, however if you send me an email at 2 am in the morning, I cannot answer it right away. With amex, there are times where I can take the points, but need an hour or 3 to figure out where to send them to.

"nigerian prince" is a nice term. You will notice that most of the american express points we buy get sent to Singapore airlines. The reason is we are part of a travel network that helps send people overseas to adopt children. SO far we have helped 6 families with the comings and goings of the process. What we do with the points should not be a factor, but I can tell you that your information is safe with us. We do not sell or exchange your information like other brokers do. We offer competitive pricing, and most of the time i am here to talk to you personally, walk you through the process, or just talk about life in general. We also offer our clients discounted airfare on delta and SW where we can, discounts on Hyatt stays anywhere in the world when we can, and we let you know about any upcoming opportunities to get free points so that you can help grow your bank account.

If you need to ever get ahold of me, I can be reached at flighthunter on Facebook or you can find me on gmail at brucergoldberg2 .

and lastly, Yes I have a chronic illness. I help others with chronic illnesses. That is how i founded our company and that is the mission of my company. I am a customer of my own company as well.

Thank you again!

SlickDilla 01-23-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flighthunter (Post 57073388)
"He just seems unresponsive for a bit if there's no buyers for the miles you need at the exact moment."

Guys, this is Bruce "flight hunter"

I first wanted to thank everyone who has contacted and sold to me over the last couple of weeks. I understand that you have a choice of who to sell to, and I want you to know that I genuinely appreciate you coming to me when you want to sell your points.

I pretty much buy everything. With that being said, there are certain things that I do not buy because they are either not enough points for us to use, or too risky for both you and I to engage in.

I also wanted to address the Chase issue. The folks who have sold to the "other guys" have been instructed to transfer in a way that puts them at risk for audits. None of my sellers have been audited or have had their accounts shut off by chase.

We pay upfront, all at once. No deposits, no lists, and most of the time no waiting. Sometimes I can give you a quote and tell you I will buy your points and most of the time this happens. But just like with life, there are times when things just dont line up properly. I work til midnight to support my family, however if you send me an email at 2 am in the morning, I cannot answer it right away. With amex, there are times where I can take the points, but need an hour or 3 to figure out where to send them to.

"nigerian prince" is a nice term. You will notice that most of the american express points we buy get sent to Singapore airlines. The reason is we are part of a travel network that helps send people overseas to adopt children. SO far we have helped 6 families with the comings and goings of the process. What we do with the points should not be a factor, but I can tell you that your information is safe with us. We do not sell or exchange your information like other brokers do. We offer competitive pricing, and most of the time i am here to talk to you personally, walk you through the process, or just talk about life in general. We also offer our clients discounted airfare on delta and SW where we can, discounts on Hyatt stays anywhere in the world when we can, and we let you know about any upcoming opportunities to get free points so that you can help grow your bank account.

If you need to ever get ahold of me, I can be reached at flighthunter on Facebook or you can find me on gmail at brucergoldberg2 .

and lastly, Yes I have a chronic illness. I help others with chronic illnesses. That is how i founded our company and that is the mission of my company. I am a customer of my own company as well.

Thank you again!

So which is it? You help people with illness fly to get treatment, or help fly families to adopt? Fishy fishy

kags 01-23-2013 09:52 PM

I just sold my Amex points to bruce like 5 mins ago. He walk me through the process and paid me before I transferd my points. Easy and straight forward. Better rate the others. Will do business again. Thanks Bruce!

dealguy1 01-23-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDilla (Post 57073996)
So which is it? You help people with illness fly to get treatment, or help fly families to adopt? Fishy fishy

This is real fishy. To be honest, I have no problem with someone doing business and making money, but don't make a profitable business and make someone believe all you care about is helping humanity. That to me just seems wrong. If he happens to work with an adoption agency in Singapore its not out of the kindness in his heart but rather because they pay real good money for the points he buys. Again, totally okay with me that he makes money but don't try swinging this as charity because its clearly not. With regards to this claim that other brokers buy points and put the sellers at risk because Chase audits them- that is completely un called for. As someone very familiar with the business, Chase has closed accounts after transfers made from UR to UR by a chase sapphire preferred card. All other transfers are generally okay but there is a risk with every transfer that goes against their terms and conditions and he cannot say otherwise.

Flighthunter-Please don't try intimidating people on here to not sell to other people because you do something "special". Good luck to you and your business but don't try passing stories that other people/sites are doing anything more shady than yours....

flighthunter 01-23-2013 10:08 PM

I do both. Who really cares? would you like me to fax you a copy of my medical records and some of the adoption papers? I offer a fair honest transaction and will continue to do so. What i do with the points honestly is not any concern, they leave your account. But you called me a "nigerian prince''. I am a jewish united states citizen. I do not associate myself with anyone from nigeria nor princes. Lets please keep this civil. This will be my last post regarding this. If anyone has points to sell, please contact me. Everyone else, best wishes, there are still good people out there. Bruce

trader 01-23-2013 10:47 PM

It was interesting reading the past few pages. Not really sure why people are making a fuss over how Bruce uses the points/miles he buys, but I can tell you he makes transacting business very easy.

I literally just completed an AMEX rewards point sale to Bruce (109000 points). He emailed me earlier this evening, I agreed to the payment, I gave him my phone number to call and while on the phone he paid via Paypal and then I transferred my points.

I will be doing business with him again. Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'll be online late tomorrow.

SG007 01-23-2013 10:58 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first posting but I've been following these forums for a while. I usually post at fatwallet. Anyway, just did my first transfer ever with Bruce. Couldn't be easier. He gave me a better rate than rewards2cash and transferred money upfront. Instant communication by e-mail. I highly recommend him.

dtmamg 01-23-2013 11:17 PM

so what is the latest rate from Bruce? is it still 1.2?

ped 01-24-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrzions (Post 56704262)
Don't mean to hijack, but I recenty used GetPeyd.com (for United miles) - I asked here on the boards about them cause they are not nearly as known as Rewards2Cash. But everything went smoothly - and they only needed access to my account for a couple of days (I got paid in about a week.)

Tried to use GetPeyd.com. I provided my account info after receiving the following :You should receive payment within a week of when we receive your account information. After getting the account info, they sent me the following : You will receive 50% of the payment when the first leg of the flight has been flown and the rest upon return. I had to cancel the deal after switch in terms.

Update: They apologized. Said that they recently changed their policies and that it was not reflected in the initial communication.

Ir0nAlex 01-24-2013 03:27 PM

have you guys traded in United MileagePlus ?

just wanted to see if this is accurate:

"Please expect longer handling time for this product. Half payment will be paid within days, and the other half will be paid in estimated 1-2 months.
This product doesn't support Option B: get paid before point transfer."

chimmy826 01-24-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epmacman (Post 57099664)
have you guys traded in United MileagePlus ?

just wanted to see if this is accurate:

"Please expect longer handling time for this product. Half payment will be paid within days, and the other half will be paid in estimated 1-2 months.
This product doesn't support Option B: get paid before point transfer."

Yes, it's accurate.

1) Payment 1 is immediate when reservation is made
2) Payment 2 is when his travel partner flies

I asked him if I could get paid sooner and he responded with an affidavit form that I signed and returned stating that I wouldn't change the reservation in the account and I immediately got paid the other half. He asks that you not change your password until the flier has completed his travel in case he needs to make modifications. That's something I can live with for an earlier payment.

maximo781 01-25-2013 09:03 AM

Just redeemed my United Airline points with Bruce for a fair rate. Payment was sent up front via Paypal.

Easy as pie and would highly recommend him. Compared to the R2C and the other site I felt that getting payment up front was a better option for me. Also less time accessing my account as well.

oozze 01-25-2013 04:57 PM

has anyone sold southwest miles? and Hilton points?

roadrunnercj 01-25-2013 07:05 PM

I used Bruce for some Chase UR. Good communication. I had no idea that was an option but everything went smoothly.

cbtexan04 01-26-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimmy826 (Post 57105492)
Yes, it's accurate.

1) Payment 1 is immediate when reservation is made
2) Payment 2 is when his travel partner flies

I asked him if I could get paid sooner and he responded with an affidavit form that I signed and returned stating that I wouldn't change the reservation in the account and I immediately got paid the other half. He asks that you not change your password until the flier has completed his travel in case he needs to make modifications. That's something I can live with for an earlier payment.

Can you change your password if you opt not to get paid full amount upfront? (Doing the usual payment as listed in your post).

I'm a little sketched out giving someone like that my login and pass... though I guess if anything happened I could say I was hacked?

8mpg 01-27-2013 02:11 AM

maybe it is just me...but my UR password is the same as my Chase login. I sure wouldnt give out my account details.

dzap 01-27-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8mpg (Post 57161402)
maybe it is just me...but my UR password is the same as my Chase login. I sure wouldnt give out my account details.

You don't with Chase. When I transferred my 50,000 UR points last year, you just did it with an account to account point transfer in the UR site.

Under the UR site go to "Rewards Activity" --> under the Manage Ultimate Rewards list on the left, select the last option "Combine Ultimate Rewards points".

This allows you to transfer your UR points to another UR account. Easy.

CoMmAnDo89 01-28-2013 12:15 AM

Personally used Rewards2Cash and got my money's worth fine from my AMEX Membership Reward points. Would recommend them unless you can find a better deal. Depending on what you're trying to convert, may require different tasks or take longer to receive your funds.

Current rates (cent/point)
1.19 x AMEX Membership Reward
1.22 x United MilagePlus (longer to receive funds)
1.33 x Chase UR (risks involved)

dealguy1 01-28-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMmAnDo89 (Post 57180026)
Personally used Rewards2Cash and got my money's worth fine from my AMEX Membership Reward points. Would recommend them unless you can find a better deal. Depending on what you're trying to convert, may require different tasks or take longer to receive your funds.

Current rates (cent/point)
1.19 x AMEX Membership Reward
1.22 x United MilagePlus (longer to receive funds)
1.33 x Chase UR (risks involved)

Thanks for these rates Commando.Just wanted to let everyone here know that I can offer more competitive rates than the above and I pay UPFRONT so you have no wait time to spend your cash :bounce: You can PM me or email support at milesbuyer.com

Tincan 01-29-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunnercj (Post 57134850)
I used Bruce for some Chase UR. Good communication. I had no idea that was an option but everything went smoothly.

I also used Bruce for Membership Rewards points. It was an easy transaction where he sent the cash via paypal, then I transferred the points.

I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. The whole process took less than 10 minutes

cbtexan04 01-29-2013 08:03 PM

Guys just wondering, do all these methods require someone logging into your account (R2C, BuyingMiles, Bruce, GetPeyd)? If so, for how long?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tincan (Post 57226388)
I also used Bruce for Membership Rewards points. It was an easy transaction where he sent the cash via paypal, then I transferred the points.

I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. The whole process took less than 10 minutes

Opusnbill7 01-29-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbtexan04 (Post 57228408)
Guys just wondering, do all these methods require someone logging into your account (R2C, BuyingMiles, Bruce, GetPeyd)? If so, for how long?

Yes. In my case it took Bruce a couple of hours. He didn't change anything he didn't tell me that he would change, and didn't take any more miles than he said.

I simply changed the password to something new, sent that to him, then changed it to something else when he was done.

MagicEight 01-30-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

I think it depends on the miles that you're selling. I sold United to GetPeyd, they needed account access. However, I think if you're selling Ultimate Rewards (Chase), you can simply transfer the points. (If you transfer to another credit card, there might be a flag raised, but rumor has it that if you transfer straight to a frequent flyer program, you'll be ok.)

Not sure about Membership Rewards (Amex)

srd4484 01-30-2013 10:01 PM

If I get paid through Paypal, how much do they take out? Hate fees

rseiler 01-31-2013 11:33 AM

@srd4484, I would certainly hope that they pay via PayPal balance or by bank account, in which case there would be no fees.

AAAcharlie 01-31-2013 08:11 PM

Getpeyd offered 1.7 cpm for my Chase UR points today.
Eg: 100 K UR points will convert $1700.00

Update: R2C came through with partial matchup (1.5 cpm)

dzap 02-01-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAcharlie (Post 57280874)
Forget Rewards2Cash. I asked him whether he could match another offer that I got for my UR points. He could not he said.
Getpeyd offered 1.7 cpm for my Chase UR points.
Eg: 100 K UR points will convert $1700.00
PS: I am not affiliated anyway with that person. Just trying to help!

Funny. R2C has been able to work with me in the past and increase point values on the spot and when I talked to GetPeyd they lowballed me a BS offer and would not match.

I guess it depends on what each company is demanding.

AAAcharlie 02-01-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 57301962)
Funny. R2C has been able to work with me in the past and increase point values on the spot and when I talked to GetPeyd they lowballed me a BS offer and would not match.

I guess it depends on what each company is demanding.

I think each of them have a different target market and the demand varies and so does the payback/ Later R2C agreed to match the offer partially so I agreed to go with him since I haven't dealt with GetPeyd. I am now selling my Delta points. Will post here how it goes.

kgout33 02-01-2013 07:05 PM

Another thumbs up for Bruce. I exchanged some AA miles with him and the transaction was painless. He communicated each step and sent payment instantly.

CoMmAnDo89 02-02-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

In regards to this post, R2C does not require direct access to your account. You just transfer your points to a frequent flyer account(s) provided and make sure you print copies of all the transfers you've done. I recall transferring points to certain flyer accounts will incur a fee whereas others do not. You don't receive money up front (but there's an option to do so but you'll receive at a lower rate of cents/points and I believe its through PayPal.)

Hence the 1.25c/pt AMEX MR is technically sold at 1.19c/p due to the fees.

8mpg 02-05-2013 02:22 AM

getpeyd offered me $1.55/mi for Ultimate Reward miles. I have 160k miles.

Opusnbill7 02-05-2013 09:23 PM

Are you sure you have your math right? That would be almost $250,000!?!

wudi 02-05-2013 11:00 PM

Just sold some points with Bruce, can't beat having cash transferred instantly to paypal.

rseiler 02-06-2013 12:38 AM

Unless the 3% PP fee is greater than the differential with R2C, which I guess it wasn't.

8mpg 02-06-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opusnbill7 (Post 57395572)
Are you sure you have your math right? That would be almost $250,000!?!

lol... There is no cents button so I guess its $.0155

stevenlau 02-06-2013 08:19 PM

Just had a successful $2,000+ trade with Flight Hunter Bruce, great guy, trust worthy and very easy to work with, highly recommended over the other guys.

david123456 02-07-2013 08:19 AM

seems like getpeyd needs to find some bored sole to randomly post things about the deal done with them, fake or real :-)

david123456 02-07-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macphisto23 (Post 56963692)
Anybody have problems linking travel account to your amex account? I am trying to transfer points into an account that rewards2cash supplied me with, however, it has been 24 hours since I submitted the new account and it has yet to be confirmed so I can transfer the points.

not sure if it is too late but you can 1) try a different browser 2) de-link it and try again 3) it usually means the account number is correct but the name is wrong.

kaiyang1 02-07-2013 08:27 AM

gonna try this site, hope all goes well, will let u guys know :)

kaiyang1 02-07-2013 01:19 PM

just sold 53k points, worked out fine and was fast!
pretty safe if u use paypal, considering all they get is ur paypal email/and last 4 digits of ur cc in the transfer to their account
they also sent first, moneys already on its way to my account!

8mpg 02-08-2013 12:30 AM

Ok, well, I sent out bids from getpeyd, flight hunter bruce, rewards2cash, and buyingmiles... see who has the best amount.

Bruce is local to me, I wonder if I can just meet up with him and get cash?

david123456 02-08-2013 08:49 AM

i dont know i just asked bruce flighthunter person about american express points and he tried ripping me off with an offer of 1.3. Not sure how everyone else works but trying to rip people off by starting with a low ball offer. Why dont they have the price they pay at the time? I know prices fluctuate all the time, but you have to have a set price you pay?? was not very happy.
Sorry

8mpg 02-08-2013 03:40 PM

david... what are you expecting? 1.3 is better than 1 cent. Rewards2Cash is 1.24 or something like that. Also, it is supply and demand. If they dont have a demand for the points, the value goes down.

I think you are a little extreme to think you are being ripped off.

cbtexan04 02-09-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david123456 (Post 57450066)
i dont know i just asked bruce flighthunter person about american express points and he tried ripping me off with an offer of 1.3. Not sure how everyone else works but trying to rip people off by starting with a low ball offer. Why dont they have the price they pay at the time? I know prices fluctuate all the time, but you have to have a set price you pay?? was not very happy.
Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8mpg (Post 57459562)
david... what are you expecting? 1.3 is better than 1 cent. Rewards2Cash is 1.24 or something like that. Also, it is supply and demand. If they dont have a demand for the points, the value goes down.

I think you are a little extreme to think you are being ripped off.

Gotta agree with 8mpg. You're already getting a fantastic deal on getting 20%+ more than you would just by yourself. You can't expect that everyone is going to offer the same rate. Plus, 1.3 is the highest I've seen for AE miles-- R2C is 1.26 (http://rewards2cash.com/). Quit complaining.

dzap 02-09-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david123456 (Post 57450066)
Sorry

That's the best rate I've seen for Amex MR points. I don't know why you think you're getting ripped off. Amex only gives you 1:1 for travel usually, and a lot less if you redeem for anything else. Not to mention they charge a transfer fee for transferring points.

Why do you think you were getting ripped off? Where have you seen higher than 1.3/mile?

david123456 02-09-2013 08:27 PM

i know that he himself had offered my friends higher- i even asked him about it:
his response
"life isnt fair"

8mpg 02-09-2013 09:24 PM

LOL.. life isnt. Prices are based on need and what he can do with them. They fluctuate like gas.

Regardless, I just sold my 130k Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Bruce. He paid 1/2 up front via paypal and 1/2 after I transferred which was more than fair. He ended up doing 1.6c/point which was spectacular in my opinion.

Hoping to sell the 40k US Airways miles when the AA merger goes through.

Dealdigger2 02-10-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8mpg (Post 57445856)
Ok, well, I sent out bids from getpeyd, flight hunter bruce, rewards2cash, and buyingmiles... see who has the best amount.

Bruce is local to me, I wonder if I can just meet up with him and get cash?

How'd the inquiry go? Update?

8mpg 02-10-2013 12:29 PM

I just got his email on his facebook and emailed him. Very simple

blk96cam 02-10-2013 12:29 PM

Just finished a deal with Bruce (flighthunter). Went really smooth without any hassle and got a very fair rate. Sold 60K+ Chase UR points for paypal cash. WIll probably never deal with the others after this, just use them for market comparisons. He beat everybody for me. If you want to chat or have any questions feel free to IM me.

rockingsd 02-10-2013 12:36 PM

Just completed a trade with Bruce. Sold my Chase UR points, very very smooth. Super, got the cash in my Paypal account, at the same time I was doing the transfer. Highly recommended. Thanks to everyone who recommended him too in this thread.

chimmy826 02-10-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blk96cam (Post 57489120)
Just finished a deal with Bruce (flighthunter). Went really smooth without any hassle and got a very fair rate. Sold 60K+ Chase UR points for paypal cash. WIll probably never deal with the others after this, just use them for market comparisons. He beat everybody for me. If you want to chat or have any questions feel free to IM me.

Did PayPal hit you with a fee?

mint99 02-10-2013 05:28 PM

yes, does paypal hit you with a fee when you get paid by these guys? Just curious

cbtexan04 02-10-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mint99 (Post 57493836)
yes, does paypal hit you with a fee when you get paid by these guys? Just curious

While I haven't actually verified it, I'm pretty sure it's 2.5 - 3% (can't remember which). But the check comes in later-- so depends if the convenience is worth the extra %.

8mpg 02-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimmy826 (Post 57493066)

you will get hit with a fee...he is a points broker paying with a card to make more points :D

blk96cam 02-10-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimmy826 (Post 57493066)

Yes. It was stated earlier in the thread I believe...or maybe I read it somewhere else. This would be the same with rewards2cash for those who are interested.

InfamousDX 02-11-2013 03:25 PM

Paypal fee is 2.9% + 30 cents

crobbins 02-17-2013 10:16 AM

Just used Bruce (flighthunter) for a points tranfer. Simple process and easy to work with!

cdudeman 02-19-2013 09:20 AM

I just used Bruce (flighthunter) as well for transferring chase UR points. Really nice guy and made the whole experience easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobbins (Post 57639312)
Just used Bruce (flighthunter) for a points tranfer. Simple process and easy to work with!

dbl118 02-20-2013 04:47 AM

Bruce does seem like a nice guy. But he's taking forever to use the miles (did get paid first).

Opusnbill7 02-20-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbl118 (Post 57702040)
Bruce does seem like a nice guy. But he's taking forever to use the miles (did get paid first).

Really? Mine were always gone in a couple of hours...

emofals 02-20-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdudeman (Post 57681714)
I just used Bruce (flighthunter) as well for transferring chase UR points. Really nice guy and made the whole experience easy.

So is he on SD? How re you guys getting in touch with him?

nebody00 02-20-2013 11:13 PM

To transfer the AMEX points do they need access to your account?

jakeb16 02-21-2013 02:19 AM

If you use these services are you supposed to pay taxes on the cash you get? Granted if they dont report it to the IRS not a big deal, but seems like they would have to if they are us based

dbl118 02-21-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opusnbill7 (Post 57722456)
Really? Mine were always gone in a couple of hours...

It's been over 3 weeks and he still has most of my points. Honestly I'm not entirely sure he hasn't forgotten about them and he didn't r espond to my latest inquiry (usually he responds within minutes). I'm happy I have the money, but I want to change passwords back, etc.

david123456 02-21-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeb16 (Post 57726320)
If you use these services are you supposed to pay taxes on the cash you get? Granted if they dont report it to the IRS not a big deal, but seems like they would have to if they are us based

i asked an accountant once he told me why is it different than if you were to get cash back from the company (which you FOR SURE do not need to report)
Even if you were to tell me that its because you got a "higher" value than the comany would give, i have gotten 10 cents at times (by using them for hotels or flights) does that mean i need to pay taxes?
/twocents

jakeb16 02-21-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david123456 (Post 57727756)
i asked an accountant once he told me why is it different than if you were to get cash back from the company (which you FOR SURE do not need to report)
Even if you were to tell me that its because you got a "higher" value than the comany would give, i have gotten 10 cents at times (by using them for hotels or flights) does that mean i need to pay taxes?
/twocents

If you redeem through the credit card site its simply a rebate or discount on existing purchases

When you sell something to a third party doesnt that now become ordinary income that you need to report? I think there is a limit you have to exceed but its just like if you sold something on ebay.

hahahaha 02-21-2013 11:23 AM

How do you transfer points to Bruce?

MadRhetoric 02-21-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeb16 (Post 57728184)
If you redeem through the credit card site its simply a rebate or discount on existing purchases

When you sell something to a third party doesnt that now become ordinary income that you need to report? I think there is a limit you have to exceed but its just like if you sold something on ebay.

Technically, any time you get something that has value where you paid nothing or less than full value, that's taxable income. So yes, it's income that should be reported. However, there may be something else you're doing that would offset that income with a deduction. And what it comes down to is that the IRS doesn't question such low value stuff, unless you're selling thousands of dollars worth a year. Have you ever gone to a casino and seen slot machines advertised with a payout of $1499.99 or something similar? It's because that next cent means the casino is required to make a tax report before providing you the money. It's still the same to you, money you won at a casino. But there is an actual dollar value threshold that needs to be met before the IRS really looks into these things.

jakeb16 02-21-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadRhetoric (Post 57738906)
Technically, any time you get something that has value where you paid nothing or less than full value, that's taxable income. So yes, it's income that should be reported. However, there may be something else you're doing that would offset that income with a deduction. And what it comes down to is that the IRS doesn't question such low value stuff, unless you're selling thousands of dollars worth a year. Have you ever gone to a casino and seen slot machines advertised with a payout of $1499.99 or something similar? It's because that next cent means the casino is required to make a tax report before providing you the money. It's still the same to you, money you won at a casino. But there is an actual dollar value threshold that needs to be met before the IRS really looks into these things.

Good point. I guess it only really matters in a Audit Situation. I wonder how long before the government starts taxing these credit card deals and cash back (you know its coming)

jaeun87 02-21-2013 09:59 PM

Used rewards2cash for my 100K Bonus Platinum Amex points and everything went smoothly :) Got the rates advertised on their website.

I got contacted by a representative. We had a chat on Skype and got the instructions to transfer the points. They transferred the money first by paypal (3%-ish transaction fee), and I transferred the points to their account. Easy as pie. Already got the money sent to my bank account.

Would definitely recommend

Minty415 02-22-2013 12:28 PM

I have over 100k UR points but I'm scared to "sell them" and have Chase close my accounts.

Have you guys not seen this? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cr...nts-4.html

Thoughts?

mchouse 02-22-2013 12:56 PM

Never knew this type of service existed.

AWESOME!

Firebird72 02-22-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caiyueyuan (Post 56816370)

If I transfer my Chase UR to my Chase Sapphire card and then sell them (to someone's miles account), which card is more likely to get closed? I would think the Sapphire?

Schooby 02-22-2013 02:05 PM

Used Rewards2cash...got my check last might :whee:

mak101 02-22-2013 02:48 PM

I have around 100K in AA miles, can I book tickets for my family of 4?

Minty415 02-22-2013 04:52 PM

I just contacted Bruce about the 100k UR points I wanted to sell and the concern of getting my account closed by Chase. I showed him the FT link I posted above, and apparently he never knew about this issue. I was hoping he might have a different method of transfer but it's also Chase --> Chase which will cause a redflag.

the.J129 02-22-2013 08:29 PM

No offense intended, but don't you people EVER travel? Or is there no place out there that you'd really like to vacation at?

the.J129 02-22-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty415 (Post 57761854)
I have over 100k UR points but I'm scared to "sell them" and have Chase close my accounts.

Have you guys not seen this? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1396906-chase-closed-my-sapphire-preferred-account-due-transfers-other-ur-accounts-4.html

Thoughts?

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I stopped posting deals like this here, because I realized when it comes to miles talk, nothing beats FT.

And about your Chase transfer...maybe it'll slip by if it's a small amount. Maybe it'll slip by if it's a big amount too, but Chase WILL close your account. And then what?
You'll be blocked from one the best credit card providers.
And your credit report will carry that mark.

I'm not going to try and advise everyone here because each person is free to do what he or she wishes...but seeing that you (Minty415) know something about FT, and have read that thread, I'd advise you not to do it.
Save those points.

Minty415 02-23-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 57771604)
I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I stopped posting deals like this here, because I realized when it comes to miles talk, nothing beats FT.

And about your Chase transfer...maybe it'll slip by if it's a small amount. Maybe it'll slip by if it's a big amount too, but Chase WILL close your account. And then what?
You'll be blocked from one the best credit card providers.
And your credit report will carry that mark.

I'm not going to try and advise everyone here because each person is free to do what he or she wishes...but seeing that you (Minty415) know something about FT, and have read that thread, I'd advise you not to do it.
Save those points.

^
Exactly...it's not worth the risk. I told Bruce I'll pass on the Chase offer, but may sell my Amex and United points once I receive it since they're lower risk.

Firebird72 02-23-2013 09:22 AM

Between me and my wife we have 3 chase cards. We are closing the Sapphire account anyway.
I'm curious about what they might close with this scenario:

I transfer my Chase UR to my Wife's Chase UR and then to my Wife's Chase Sapphire card and then sell them (to someone's miles account), which card is more likely to get closed? I would think the Sapphire? Or would they close them all, or just my Wife's accounts? And could they close the Sapphire card before the points were moved to the buyers miles account?

sloughboy 02-23-2013 12:01 PM

I know everyone is talking about selling points/miles, but does anyone know what is a good rate for buying miles? I am looking to buy United miles (guess have someone send miles via Chase UR).

the.J129 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty415 (Post 57776880)
^
Exactly...it's not worth the risk. I told Bruce I'll pass on the Chase offer, but may sell my Amex and United points once I receive it since they're lower risk.

Haven't heard of anyone having their Amex account shut down, but never CALL to make the transfer...just do it online.
With United, you can technically "transfer" points by handing over your account to the buyer... The buyer would then use the points to book a flight. You can't transfer points outright without paying a huge fee.. (and that sucks IMO)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird72 (Post 57777540)
Between me and my wife we have 3 chase cards. We are closing the Sapphire account anyway.
I'm curious about what they might close with this scenario:

I transfer my Chase UR to my Wife's Chase UR and then to my Wife's Chase Sapphire card and then sell them (to someone's miles account), which card is more likely to get closed? I would think the Sapphire? Or would they close them all, or just my Wife's accounts? And could they close the Sapphire card before the points were moved to the buyers miles account?

They would (if they wanted to) close your wife's account. Transferring points to your spouse or domestic partner is allowed. But when your wife transfers the points to someone else, it's her account that will come under scrutiny.
Keep in mind, that Chase is the biggest CC provider when it comes to bonuses and partners. You really don't want to get on their bad side.
Is there a particular reason you want to close her account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloughboy (Post 57779544)
I know everyone is talking about selling points/miles, but does anyone know what is a good rate for buying miles? I am looking to buy United miles (guess have someone send miles via Chase UR).

See above.
I'd highly recommend NOT doing it...Though technically, it's usually the person selling the points who gets shut down (you'll just go to hell for that. :D)
A simpler way would be to get someone to hand over their United account to you...but then again, there's always the risk that the seller might try to cheat you by calling United later and having them cancel the reservation over the phone.

Averwind 02-23-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 57771604)
And about your Chase transfer...maybe it'll slip by if it's a small amount. Maybe it'll slip by if it's a big amount too, but Chase WILL close your account.

As far as I can see Chase closing Sapphire accounts and even than not everyone's account has been closed. Or are there reports that they closed Ink/Freedom accounts?

the.J129 02-23-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Averwind (Post 57783950)
As far as I can see Chase closing Sapphire accounts and even than not everyone's account has been closed. Or are there reports that they closed Ink/Freedom accounts?

They have mostly been focusing on Sapphire.

"Not everyone's account has been closed"... do you REALLY want to take that risk?

Averwind 02-23-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 57784136)
They have mostly been focusing on Sapphire.

"Not everyone's account has been closed"... do you REALLY want to take that risk?

I am not arguing about the risk. You have said Chase WILL close your account which makes it sound like they close 100% of the accounts involved in the transfer.

the.J129 02-23-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Averwind (Post 57784162)
I am not arguing about the risk. You have said Chase WILL close your account which makes it sound like they close 100% of the accounts involved in the transfer.

Ummm...What I meant was that you could try it a couple of times and succeed, but in the end, Chase will get you.
So...Yes.
I believe 98% of the people who KEEP doing this will get their accounts shut down.