Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cardpool.com - JCP Gift cards for 28% off (http://slickdeals.net/e/4715744-cardpool-com-jcp-gift-cards-for-28-off)

MLT 06-08-2012 07:17 AM

Cardpool.com - JCP Gift cards for 28% off

Cardpool.com - JCP Gift cards for 28% off

http://www.cardpool.com/buy/jcpenney-gift-cards

I've been buying a couple of cards in the past few weeks when it's been 25%-26 percent to save on back to school shopping in a few months...happened to check today and the cards are 28% off. Hope this helps someone!

kicker618 06-08-2012 07:55 AM

http://www.scamadviser.com/is-car...-safe.html :D

i had no idea this existed ... to bad JCP is not what it used to be ... not sure if I'd spend $ there

giftcardbuzz 06-08-2012 10:51 AM

The discount is definitely good. Make sure to order ahead of time because receiving the plastic gift card from the mail takes some time.

Bankrupt 06-08-2012 10:57 AM

I ordered with them and they did not send me a Plastic Gift card. Instead I got a eGiftcard (paper) by snail mail. It can still be used at the store but I am disappointed as I tend to lose printouts very easily. And at JCPenney, we cannot buy Gift cards with Gift cards.

pshaji 06-08-2012 11:02 AM

i had no idea this existed ... to bad JCP is not what it used to be ... not sure if I'd spend $ there[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hate going there now. No deals or coupons:mad:

ReallyGrindsMyGears 06-08-2012 11:08 AM

can these be used at outlet stores?

dadainus 06-08-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juryrigger (Post 50828712)
can these be used at outlet stores?

I have bought from cardpool before. Read reviews before you make a purchase with them - they are very slow and lack of responses.

When they feel like contacting you, they call your number, and ask you to verify address over the phone, before they will ship it out.

Google cardpool scam, and there are ALOT of complains.

i bought 8000 dollars worth of home depot cards (for house renovation) with them before, they do not reply emails, and their phone number is a automatic machine. No cards, no calls.

I then found the direct cell number of the owner, and he said someone will get back to me, and which they did on the same day. But that was already 2 weeks after I paid 8000 bucks.

ReallyGrindsMyGears 06-08-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadainus (Post 50830798)
I have bought from cardpool before. Read reviews before you make a purchase with them - they are very slow and lack of responses.

When they feel like contacting you, they call your number, and ask you to verify address over the phone, before they will ship it out.

i bought 8000 dollars worth of home depot cards (for house renovation) with them before, they do not reply emails, and their phone number is a automatic machine. No cards, no calls.

I then found the direct cell number of the owner, and he said someone will get back to me, and which they did on the same day. But that was already 2 weeks after I paid 8000 bucks.

so what happened? i take it you disputed the charge with your cc company?

tomshoe 06-08-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadainus (Post 50830798)

I've purchased 2-3 thousand in gift cards from them and they have always been prompt. I have ordered e-gift cards from them as well and they even called to make sure my card wasnt stolen and being used by someone else. They may be difficult to reach, but Ive had nothing but good luck with them.

tvbi 06-08-2012 12:26 PM

I purchased around $5000 in various gift cards from them and no problem at all.

rollerbladingru 06-08-2012 12:34 PM

Giftcardrescue.com has been 27% since at least April. Very reliable, comes as a plastic card and comes quickly.

KPLovesDeals 06-08-2012 12:45 PM

I have used Giftcardrescue.com in past with no issues and very pleased with their service

DSANG 06-08-2012 02:15 PM

bbb score F

buyers beware

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-fr...-ca-376843

EdMcK515 06-08-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSANG (Post 50834474)

I've used Cardpool a ton and have never had an issue. I never trust the BBB, they act like the mob rather than being an objective observer. A shitty company who pays their member dues will get an A, while a fantastic company who refuses to fork money over to them will get an F.

Wyndhamscams 06-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMcK515 (Post 50834732)
I've used Cardpool a ton and have never had an issue. I never trust the BBB, they act like the mob rather than being an objective observer. A shitty company who pays their member dues will get an A, while a fantastic company who refuses to fork money over to them will get an F.

BBB rating or not, They have scammed alot of people out of GC's/Money. Most of it was Receiving issues stating it never arrived, Seems to be only one complaint from purchasing the GC's, (seems they haven't figured out how to scam the buyer as well yet, Just the seller)

reininop 06-08-2012 02:53 PM

They use the exact same site template that PlasticJungle.com previously used. Plastic Jungle now uses the same style as ABCgiftcards.com only using the plastic jungle colors. ABC hasn't changed.

I've successfully ordered from Plastic Jungle a few times, but I'm never comfortable when one seems like a scam and the rest seem to share design data if not more. It's all a bit weird.

goldwell19 06-08-2012 03:18 PM

I have ordered several gift cards from cardpool.com and have never had an issue. I usually have the card in my hand within a few days of placing the order.