Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   XtremeGuard 75% off Site-Wide on ALL Screen Protectors & Full Body Protectors when you buy 2 or more! (http://slickdeals.net/f/4893848-xtremeguard-75-off-site-wide-on-all-screen-protectors-full-body-protectors-when-you-buy-2-or-more)

royarora 07-17-2012 01:07 PM

XtremeGuard 75% off Site-Wide on ALL Screen Protectors & Full Body Protectors when you buy 2 or more!

1 Attachment(s)
XtremeGuard 75% off Site-Wide on ALL Screen Protectors & Full Body Protectors when you buy 2 or more!

Coupon Code: Xtreme75

http://www.xtremeguard.com/Default.asp

IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS SALE, WE HAVE SLASHED THE REGULAR PRICE FOR THE ASUS GALAXY NEXUS 7 IN HALF! TAKE AN ADDITIONAL 75% OFF WITH THE COUPON CODE AND SAVE BIG WITH THIS XTREME DEAL TODAY!

Other devices include the new Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, iPhone 4S and The New iPad 3

*Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, we reserve the right to change or cancel the promotion at anytime. Void where prohibited, not valid on any previous purchases or sales. Good for a limited time only.

daisybeetle 07-17-2012 01:07 PM

XtremeGuard Coupon: 75% off Sitewide on Screen or Full Body Protectors When You Purchase 2 or More Items + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
XtremeGuard offers 75% off Sitewide on Screen and Full Body Protectors when you add 2 or more items to your cart and enter coupon code Xtreme75. Shipping is free. Thanks royarora

Note, must add 2 items to cart to receive discount.

wikipost 07-17-2012 01:07 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

abhinkhanna 07-17-2012 01:11 PM

any reivews? any comparison against zagg?

asianman35 07-17-2012 01:14 PM

I just installed one on my gf's dads ipad 3, its pretty nice, didnt come with the soapy water sprayer like some others do but i had a bottle left over so that made it easy to install. i dont notice the difference between this and a skinomi or a zagg

fedexit22 07-17-2012 01:16 PM

http://www.xtremeguard.com/Asus-G...AXH0bSe7ng

2 Full body protections for Nexus 7 for $11 sweet.

drravicari 07-17-2012 01:24 PM

IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS SALE, WE HAVE SLASHED THE REGULAR PRICE FOR THE ASUS GALAXY NEXUS 7 IN HALF! TAKE AN ADDITIONAL 75% OFF WITH THE COUPON CODE AND SAVE BIG WITH THIS XTREME DEAL TODAY!

Other devices include the new Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, iPhone 4S and The New iPad 3

http://www.xtremeguard.com/

45root 07-17-2012 01:35 PM

Thanks OP. I got 3 for $3.75 for my razr.

blackrain 07-17-2012 01:45 PM

How do these screen protectors compare? I have cases for my tablets so I am not sure that I need (or want) screen protectors.

tranz 07-17-2012 01:45 PM

Do XtremeGuards have the orange peel look like Zagg?

asianman35 07-17-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranz (Post 51730384)
Do XtremeGuards have the orange peel look like Zagg?

no theyre clear

IamPro 07-17-2012 02:01 PM

Picked up a Nexus 7 body, a Galaxy Nexus and Razr Maxx screen for $8 :)

Thanks OP

IamPro 07-17-2012 02:03 PM

They also have the Nexus 7 :)

chickennn 07-17-2012 02:05 PM

If you're looking to get it for the Samsung Galaxy S3, it'll be cheaper to get it through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Xtr...samsung+s3

yeti79 07-17-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Coupon code "Xtreme75 " is not valid.
:confused:

ChauNguyen100 07-17-2012 02:22 PM

Bought 2 for my Ipad 2, 2 for Google Nexus 7 and 2 for iPhone 4 for a total of 13.74. Awesome. TU.

IamPro 07-17-2012 02:24 PM

Did u add 2 things to your cart?

muoot 07-17-2012 02:25 PM

The full body shield is usually only $5 ($1.25 @ discount) more.

hdmiGuy 07-17-2012 03:57 PM

Good deal! Got 2 Nexus Prime protectors for the price of 1 on their Ebay store.

Make sure you check their price for your device through Ebay, some are even cheaper on there.
As for installation process, it is wet install so make sure you remove the battery and leave it out for a good amount of time (i usually just do overnight).

TU and Rep'd, OP.

drymonkey 07-17-2012 04:55 PM

Just installed on the S3, and it's anything but easy to put on. I have installed many of these "wet" screen protector and this is probably one of the harder one to put on. Even with the solution from my previous skinomi TP, I found the Xtremeguard to be quite sticky on the surface. It does not glide on as easy as the skinomi when wet. I'll see in a couple of days on how the bubbles will be but for now, it's definitely not as smooth as the skinomi.

itaintrite 07-17-2012 07:08 PM

Again? I'm not complaining :))

itaintrite 07-17-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drymonkey (Post 51734738)
Just installed on the S3, and it's anything but easy to put on. I have installed many of these "wet" screen protector and this is probably one of the harder one to put on. Even with the solution from my previous skinomi TP, I found the Xtremeguard to be quite sticky on the surface. It does not glide on as easy as the skinomi when wet. I'll see in a couple of days on how the bubbles will be but for now, it's definitely not as smooth as the skinomi.

I've never had any problem with any wet protectors, including XtremeGuard. They're not as good as the better ones, but good enough for the price. I make my own solution of soapy water btw.

yarnim 07-17-2012 07:16 PM

idk why people use these wet ones when dry ones are just perfect and easy and you can use your device right away plus way cheeeeeeaper

missourian 07-17-2012 07:26 PM

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I am not sure which one i need to buy for my brand new galaxy nexus ( GSM ), anybody please?

LTE [xtremeguard.com]

Prime [xtremeguard.com]

dfkjhasdlkjfhloiu 07-17-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarnim (Post 51737588)
idk why people use these wet ones when dry ones are just perfect and easy and you can use your device right away plus way cheeeeeeaper

Apparently you've never tried one or you'd understand the difference... Also, for the N7 2x screen protectors (wet or dry) for $3.75 shipped is pretty "cheeeeeeeap"

Thanks OP. Ordered 2 screen protectors. I can't wait to take this thing out of the plastic! BTW - They also have full-body protectors, but I don't understand how that would work with the textured back (perforations? golf ball?) Anyone tried a cover on the back yet?

catric69 07-17-2012 07:37 PM

Thx OP in for two. Just applied the last screen protector I had to my wife's iPad2. These have a good thickness to them and are clear. I had no problem applying to screen or body.

rebelx 07-17-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

They are worlds apart. Once you go wet, you don't go back.

wowyahoo 07-17-2012 07:51 PM

anyone know what would fit a Nikon d5100 screen? Thanks in for a xoom screen

viciousthomas 07-17-2012 07:58 PM

I purchased 3 for my Samsung Infuse. I ended up using my last pair (because I didn't read the first two instructions) and it went on like magic [my fault]. I even peeled it off once or twice and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I wanted to like these but they were too resistant, and thick. Save yourself a few bucks and be extra cautious with your phone. Leave your keys and pencils out of that phone pocket!

fishdance 07-17-2012 08:01 PM

Nice. Got a few items for my Nexus 7 and Galaxy Note.

moi 07-17-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itaintrite (Post 51737498)
I've never had any problem with any wet protectors, including XtremeGuard. They're not as good as the better ones, but good enough for the price. I make my own solution of soapy water btw.

The S3 screen is too beautiful to put a screen protector on

Jaeger 07-17-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourian (Post 51737816)
I am not sure which one i need to buy for my brand new galaxy nexus ( GSM ), anybody please?

LTE [xtremeguard.com]

Prime [xtremeguard.com]

Gotta be Prime, right? LTE is Verizon (CDMA) whereas ATT is GSM.

gtmaster303 07-17-2012 08:03 PM

Very tempting, but I already take great care of my phone...

flapjacky 07-17-2012 08:15 PM

I bought it for cheaper on Ebay. Also XtremeGuard

jonnyzlio 07-17-2012 08:17 PM

one for the play book, one for the RAZR with reps to the OP for a very good deal! Stop it SD, I can't even remember how many deals did I jump on today alone, is it Christmas yet?!

binxer 07-17-2012 08:22 PM

nevermind

lordoff 07-17-2012 08:24 PM

anyone with the retina ipad have experience with protectors? ive heard it sorta kills the display with them on...

pthomas1991 07-17-2012 08:34 PM

The protectors for the EVO LTE cover the proximity sensor and this messes with some phone calls because, the phone cuts the call off since it thinks the screen is off. They refunded my order though.
EDIT: You can use these for the EVO LTE, but you have to make the cut out yourself.

hdmiGuy 07-17-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Those cheap fleabay dry protectors are awesome if you like changing them every week from the massive amount of scratches they accumulate.

XtremeGuard is like Zagg quality with less orange peel at a lower price.
Just make sure to take your battery out and leave it out for at LEAST overnight to avoid water damage mainly to the digitizer in the screen

purple 07-17-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oemleria (Post 51737928)
Apparently you've never tried one or you'd understand the difference... Also, for the N7 2x screen protectors (wet or dry) for $3.75 shipped is pretty "cheeeeeeeap"

Thanks OP. Ordered 2 screen protectors. I can't wait to take this thing out of the plastic! BTW - They also have full-body protectors, but I don't understand how that would work with the textured back (perforations? golf ball?) Anyone tried a cover on the back yet?

Well I have tried both and for me the non solution ones have worked better. These tend to peel off and leave a glue residue picking up lint.

AznCracker 07-17-2012 08:44 PM

Really? Simply order these from ebay for a dollar or two any day.

wesbc 07-17-2012 08:48 PM

Got a few off ebay and here's my take.

The ipod touch fit was terrible with the cutout not lining up without the skin going over the edge. Fit was better on the nook tablet.

The feel of these are not as smooth as ones I've gotten from bodyguardz.

Only positive I have is that they refunded my purchase when I explained my issue.

rochelle017 07-17-2012 08:59 PM

Hi fellow sd'ers i am hoping for some advice i own the ipad2 and was wondering if this was better than zagg or some of the other competitors or which is considered the best ?

thanks, muchos gracias !

ss83642 07-17-2012 09:00 PM

Will try it out for my Transformer. $7.50 for two seems like a good price. Ratings on Amazon seemed mixed.

Staticks 07-17-2012 09:02 PM

I swore off these wet-application vinyl protectors a long time ago. But I recently tried buying one of these XtremeGuard protectors for my Asus T300T on a whim, because it was on sale. I was ultra-careful when installing it, in a relatively clean and dust-free environment, and followed all the instructions to the tee, and I STILL got air bubbles that I couldn't remove. It's been a few months now, and these few small air bubbles are still there. They're not huge or incredibly unsightly, but it still detracts from the clean appearance of my brand new tablet.

I'm usually very good and precise when applying screen protectors.

I've always had great luck with these "cheap eBay" screen protectors (the ones that are dry-application and hard). I can usually apply them with no air bubbles; maybe occasionally there will be one small on in the corner or something. They apply nice and quick; you just have to be in a dust-free environment, and be precise with your placement, and follow directions (plenty of tutorial vids on Youtube). I installed a cheap eBay protector on my HTC Flyer months ago, and it's still smooth and bubble-free.

I've always bought the cheapest eBay protectors I could find, and they've all worked great. Sure, they MIGHT scratch up and degrade over time, but the scratches aren't really noticeable unless you really abuse your tablet/phone. If your protector does eventually get damaged, you can just buy another one, because they're so damn cheap!

Not to mention I've found these wet-application XtremeGuard/Zagg protectors have a MUCH higher chance of peeling on the edges over time. I'm already seeing some strange whiteness forming along the edges of my Asus T300's XtremeGuard. Meanwhile, the cheap eBay protector I put on my Samsung Mythic YEARS ago is still going strong (albeit there are scratches now, but it's not noticeable unless you hold it directly under sunlight).

I recommend people just buy the cheap dry-application protectors from eBay. They're a tried and proven type of screen protector, they're much easier to apply, and if you mess up, buy multiple, since they're so cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdmiGuy (Post 51739356)
Those cheap fleabay dry protectors are awesome if you like changing them every week from the massive amount of scratches they accumulate.

XtremeGuard is like Zagg quality with less orange peel at a lower price.
Just make sure to take your battery out and leave it out for at LEAST overnight to avoid water damage mainly to the digitizer in the screen

roactive 07-17-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staticks (Post 51739906)
I swore off these wet-application vinyl protectors a long time ago. But I recently tried buying one of these XtremeGuard protectors for my Asus T300T on a whim, because it was on sale. I was ultra-careful when installing it, in a relatively clean and dust-free environment, and followed all the instructions to the tee, and I STILL got air bubbles that I couldn't remove. It's been a few months now, and these few small air bubbles are still there. They're not huge or incredibly unsightly, but it still detracts from the clean appearance of my brand new tablet.

I'm usually very good and precise when applying screen protectors.

I've always had great luck with these "cheap eBay" screen protectors (the ones that are dry-application and hard). I can usually apply them with no air bubbles; maybe occasionally there will be one small on in the corner or something. They apply nice and quick; you just have to be in a dust-free environment, and be precise with your placement, and follow directions (plenty of tutorial vids on Youtube). I installed a cheap eBay protector on my HTC Flyer months ago, and it's still smooth and bubble-free.

I've always bought the cheapest eBay protectors I could find, and they've all worked great. Sure, they MIGHT scratch up and degrade over time, but the scratches aren't really noticeable unless you really abuse your tablet/phone. If your protector does eventually get damaged, you can just buy another one, because they're so damn cheap!

Not to mention I've found these wet-application XtremeGuard/Zagg protectors have a MUCH higher chance of peeling on the edges over time. I'm already seeing some strange whiteness forming along the edges of my Asus T300's XtremeGuard. Meanwhile, the cheap eBay protector I put on my Samsung Mythic YEARS ago is still going strong (albeit there are scratches now, but it's not noticeable unless you hold it directly under sunlight).

I recommend people just buy the cheap dry-application protectors from eBay. They're a tried and proven type of screen protector, they're much easier to apply, and if you mess up, buy multiple, since they're so cheap.

I've had the opposite experience. The dry ones don't really apply that well for me and I always tend to get a piece of dust stuck underneath them.

With the wet application vinyl protectors, they've always applied crystal clear for me. You have to be very careful when you squeegee the water out and there will be no air bubbles when its dried. If there are some, they usually disappear after a day or two.

To each their own. I've had nothing but good experiences with these vinyl protectors.

Nickandale 07-17-2012 09:25 PM

Thanks OP. One protector for my Nook, IPhone and my son's Optimus V - all for $5.00. :)

skoll8 07-17-2012 09:31 PM

Thx OP, in for 2 :)

threeclaws 07-17-2012 09:35 PM

I got these last time, never again. They screwed up my order the first time, none of the ones I got (sensation/hd2/nook/G2) were an exact fit and wet application FTL!

APlusIvyLeaguer 07-17-2012 09:38 PM

How long does the screen protector hold for ipod or ipad?

threeclaws 07-17-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oemleria (Post 51737928)

I've done both dry and wet multiple times, I far and away prefer the dry application.

yarnim 07-17-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple (Post 51739476)
Well I have tried both and for me the non solution ones have worked better. These tend to peel off and leave a glue residue picking up lint.

thats what I said. Its the WET ones that peel off, not the dry ones. And Ive never once had a problem where they accumulate scratches whatsoever.

A lot of people are just not too good at dry applications is the problem I suspect

adam5678 07-17-2012 10:14 PM

I've been using these for the last two years on my phone and they work perfectly. I tried the dry protectors and they just kept peeling off. WIth the Xtreme Guard, my first one lasted over a year before it started peeling at the corners. I ordered another and have since not had any problems and this one is going on a good year now with no peeling. I have the Evo and did not have problems with air bubbles at all.

I just bought a couple 4s full body protectors and will buy the 4s once people start dumping them when the new one comes out.

Just my 2 cents on the quality of them and how long they last.

iameij 07-17-2012 10:52 PM

oh,well ..........it is time to buy something for my xperia s now.

Danzilla 07-17-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarnim (Post 51741270)
thats what I said. Its the WET ones that peel off, not the dry ones. And Ive never once had a problem where they accumulate scratches whatsoever.

A lot of people are just not too good at dry applications is the problem I suspect

Weird. Have had the opposite experience. A well attached 'wet' screen protector seems to stay on forever. 'Dry' ones always separate and start to peel up on the edges no matter how well placed.

SoLongScarecrow 07-17-2012 11:15 PM

just got a screen protector for my gnex and touchpad for $3.75. thanks op and repped!

lizzil 07-17-2012 11:28 PM

in for two thanks!

Deals4Lyfe 07-17-2012 11:29 PM

only a repost of the front page:

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/77170/xtremeguard-xtremeguard-coupon-75-off-sitewide-on-screen-or-full-body-protectors-when-you-purchase-2-or-more-items

Inpact 07-17-2012 11:46 PM

Repost. And if you want to make your device like an orange peel, go ahead

bestco 07-17-2012 11:58 PM

I bought this last time (for both iPhone and iPad), it's made of really weird material that has a muddy look (maybe it's the background color) compared to the usual clear screen protectors, not sure how it looks on iPhone screen because it turns me off and I never bother to apply it. Would like to hear the opinions from those who actually have used it.

bru_that 07-18-2012 12:58 AM

In for two - my Focus S and mom's Rumor Touch. For $2.50 out the door, can't pass it up.

bosoxdanc 07-18-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestco (Post 51742730)
I bought this last time (for both iPhone and iPad), it's made of really weird material that has a muddy look (maybe it's the background color) compared to the usual clear screen protectors, not sure how it looks on iPhone screen because it turns me off and I never bother to apply it. Would like to hear the opinions from those who actually have used it.

I've used tons of crappy ones on ebay, and these are by far the best screen protectors I've ever used. I've had mine on my Epic 4G Touch (Sprint's Galaxy S II) for about a year now, and it's phenomenal. No scratches, and everything the screen protector is snug all the way around. I've randomly pulled up corners to see how easily the screen protector will come off, and when I've pushed it back down, it still says. I paid about $10 for a full body protector on ebay, and I ended up only using the screen protector, because I was too lazy to do the whole process for the full body. I recommend these to anyone looking for screen protectors.

dbvolfan1 07-18-2012 03:44 AM

I just installed one on my Galaxy S3 last week and think it looks great. I had a Zagg on both my Droid X and my wife's Razr Maxx and I cant tell any difference except in the price.

paper1122 07-18-2012 04:58 AM

Went ahead and ordered from Amazon just because it is easier than setting up another online account. Ordered 6. I only have one S3 now, but soon I am going to replace my other phone and my wife's with S3's as well.

banilla16 07-18-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royarora (Post 51729278)

http://www.xtremeguard.com/Default.asp

*Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, we reserve the right to change or cancel the promotion at anytime. Void where prohibited, not valid on any previous purchases or sales. Good for a limited time only.

Thanks! In for 2 for 5 bucks! awesome!!

einzelherz 07-18-2012 05:12 AM

Two full body phone and one tablet screen for 8.75. Not too bad I'd say. I just put a Zagg on my new phone though so I'm not even sure when/if I'll us these.

aznchris99 07-18-2012 05:37 AM

Nice!!

Miklebud 07-18-2012 06:01 AM

Got a full iPhone4 body cover, a screen protector, and one for my girlfriend's cheapo Pantech for $5 shipped! Thanks for the deal!

eduardmc 07-18-2012 06:09 AM

i install this xtremeguard in my galaxy s3 and it SUCKS big time. i have use alot of protector water base but it was the first i tried one for my galaxy s3. YOU WILL LOOSE PICTURE QUALITY FROM THIS PROTECTOR. it created an annoying rainbow pixel effect that took away from the screen, the rear protector for the back cover has some sharp cutting edges which was really bad when you hold the phone. Xtremeguard is good cause i have use it before in my htc evo 3d but somehow it was noticeable bad having it on my GS3.

fireballs 07-18-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochelle017 (Post 51739794)
Hi fellow sd'ers i am hoping for some advice i own the ipad2 and was wondering if this was better than zagg or some of the other competitors or which is considered the best ?

thanks, muchos gracias !

Ghost Armor is the best.

chilipalm 07-18-2012 06:49 AM

Screen protectors are for nerds. :D

Lysogen 07-18-2012 07:34 AM

Is this deal dead? The coupon code says its already been used- even though I've never purchased from the site before..

Averwind 07-18-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeti79 (Post 51731364)
:confused:

You have an extra space at the end.

henucu 07-18-2012 09:44 AM

tried this on my galaxy s3 last week, it is a bad product. I watched the youtube video on how to apply this using soap solution and followed the process exactly. While the screen is almost invisible once it sets(after 10 hours or so), its started peeling off at edges and then finally it came of within 24 hours. I tried a second screen protector( i ordered two from last slickdeal), and applied more soap water as they mentioned, still the screen wouldn't last most than 2 days. while it was on the screen looks washed out, and there is some rainbow effect. it is very difficult to align and apply on phones.

I would not recommend buying this!.

vindogz 07-18-2012 10:05 AM

2 iPhone 4/S and 1 iPod Touch for $7.50. Not bad. Thanks OP.

langdoy 07-18-2012 10:14 AM

I bought these last time and surprisingly they are pretty good. Putting them on isn't so bad either. Took me a little while to throw on the full body, but next time, I would just go with the front screen. The full body (back and sides) tend to come off much easy after normal use. But at this price, it's worth a try.

The only thing I don't like about these protectors are that they really have a shine when the screen is on if you have greasy hands and the grease gets on the protector.

APlusIvyLeaguer 07-18-2012 10:28 AM

I want a full body protection, but Couldnt i just buy 2 screens and put one on the back for the discount? I know theres a diff between front snd back but arent they pretty much the same?

xxalanxx 07-18-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APlusIvyLeaguer (Post 51752928)
I want a full body protection, but Couldnt i just buy 2 screens and put one on the back for the discount? I know theres a diff between front snd back but arent they pretty much the same?

Depends on your phone, it may block your camera,

APlusIvyLeaguer 07-18-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxalanxx (Post 51753392)
Depends on your phone, it may block your camera,

For my ipad, i think ill just make a hole on the camra area. I just remembered they also cover the sides, but id rather save money than pay for the full body :)

Silverbrain 07-18-2012 11:37 AM

Bought 4, shipped for under $6 including an S3 and Nexus 7 one, thanks OP!

khoj 07-18-2012 11:42 AM

Thanks OP, got three for $7.49.

executivedealer 07-18-2012 01:03 PM

No real reviews, anyone recommend using these over the ones I got for free from Costco wireless package on my Galaxy S3?

bigool13 07-18-2012 01:33 PM

Just bought 4 3 x 5 inch cut to fit screen protectors (for cell phones) for $5 free shipping, Thanks!!
:D

itaintrite 07-18-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduardmc (Post 51745896)
i install this xtremeguard in my galaxy s3 and it SUCKS big time. i have use alot of protector water base but it was the first i tried one for my galaxy s3. YOU WILL LOOSE PICTURE QUALITY FROM THIS PROTECTOR. it created an annoying rainbow pixel effect that took away from the screen, the rear protector for the back cover has some sharp cutting edges which was really bad when you hold the phone. Xtremeguard is good cause i have use it before in my htc evo 3d but somehow it was noticeable bad having it on my GS3.

What rainbow effect are you talking about?

zmqwf 07-18-2012 03:35 PM

I keep getting:

The coupon you attempted to use is a one-time-use coupon, and you have already used it on a previous order, therefore we cannot accept this coupon again.

the coupon applies but it applies the coupon to the subtotal is $7.50 but the total still shows up as $30. WTF?

abcde12345 07-18-2012 04:11 PM

just got 2 screen protectors for google nexus 7 for $3.75.

esquire415 07-18-2012 04:51 PM

is the Palm Pre 2 the same as the Palm Pre from Sprint?

lylmion 07-18-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballs (Post 51746052)
Ghost Armor is the best.

Does Ghost Armor make screen protectors for samsung galaxy S3? I 'd like to buy it but I can't find it on ebay.:mad:

Nealageous 07-18-2012 10:08 PM

Sweet, hopefully these not only prevent new scratches but cover up old ones too

ruysnr 07-19-2012 01:56 AM

i have additional protector to buy .but when i used the code, it said it's one-time use coupon only.

any way i can make the coupon to work?
thanks

fireballs 07-19-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylmion (Post 51768268)
Does Ghost Armor make screen protectors for samsung galaxy S3? I 'd like to buy it but I can't find it on ebay.:mad:

Yes they do, you can find them here: http://www.ghost-armor.com/catego...e/Samsung/

Also I recommend looking up a kiosk location near you, their installs are flawless. You can look up your location here: http://www.ghost-armor.com/locations.php

Exavion 07-19-2012 06:14 AM

2 screen protectors and 1 full-body protector for my RAZR MAXX for 5 bucks shipped - thanks OP, this will let me change them out more frequently. I have the install kit from some other screen protectors so I only need the actual things.

lylmion 07-19-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballs (Post 51773386)
Yes they do, you can find them here: http://www.ghost-armor.com/catego...e/Samsung/

Also I recommend looking up a kiosk location near you, their installs are flawless. You can look up your location here: http://www.ghost-armor.com/locations.php

Thank you :woot::woot::woot:

klqn 07-19-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruysnr (Post 51773018)
i have additional protector to buy .but when i used the code, it said it's one-time use coupon only.

any way i can make the coupon to work?
thanks

This means your items still in the cart. You need to login to your account and checkout or change it. That's what I did.

qinqin 07-19-2012 07:16 PM

do those screen protector anti fingerprint , anti glare?

burticus 07-19-2012 09:02 PM

I don't get these things. To offer some small amount of protection vs scratches? I thought Gorilla Glass was nearly bulletproof anyway.

sd_progers 07-20-2012 10:12 AM

in for 2 (thanks)

esquire415 07-20-2012 02:37 PM

Too late my Palm Pre already has a couple of scratches on it :(

Anyway, is the eForcity brand just as good as the Xtremeguard?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...89850H0GO2

rabydanimal 07-21-2012 06:57 AM

Just got mine today. I was pleased with myself after successfully applying it to my Nexus 7. However when I went to use it the touch was almost completely unresponsive. The film is very thick. While that may make it durable it apparently doesn't transmit capacitive touch very well. $4 bucks down the drain. This reminded my why I don't use screen protectors. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with them.

IamPro 07-21-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballs (Post 51746052)
Ghost Armor is the best.

Do they do Nexus 7?

Do they cost the same at the mall?

fireballs 07-21-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamPro (Post 51832772)
Do they do Nexus 7?

Do they cost the same at the mall?

I know that they do the Nexus 7 but the question is do they have it in stock. I havent received my Nexus but for my GS2 it was the same price as on the net plus $5 for installation.

superflysocal 07-21-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabydanimal (Post 51831042)
Just got mine today. I was pleased with myself after successfully applying it to my Nexus 7. However when I went to use it the touch was almost completely unresponsive. The film is very thick. While that may make it durable it apparently doesn't transmit capacitive touch very well. $4 bucks down the drain. This reminded my why I don't use screen protectors. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with them.

Can anybody confirm this?

catric69 07-21-2012 04:57 PM

The film is thick, but I have not noticed any difference on my iPad2.

IAccord99I 07-21-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabydanimal (Post 51831042)

SAME! Spent almost 1 hr to get this thing on w/o air bubbles, debris, and lined up perfectly. I turn it on... and I can't even get past the lock screen.

Such a buzz kill. But I'm hoping it's the "soapy water" solution that's causing it.

Weird thing is, I also ordered protectors for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. There weren't any problems with the phones. Maybe it has something to do with the Nexus 7 screens?

EDIT. 30 min passed and it seems to be a little better. I'm able to unlock this now, but it's still not very responsive. I'll leave it outside in the shade for 10 min for the heat to evaporate the moisture some more to see if this improves.

Iceboie 07-21-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAccord99I (Post 51839716)
SAME! Spent almost 1 hr to get this thing on w/o air bubbles, debris, and lined up perfectly. I turn it on... and I can't even get past the lock screen.

Such a buzz kill. But I'm hoping it's the "soapy water" solution that's causing it.

Weird thing is, I also ordered protectors for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus. There weren't any problems with the phones. Maybe it has something to do with the Nexus 7 screens?

EDIT. 30 min passed and it seems to be a little better. I'm able to unlock this now, but it's still not very responsive. I'll leave it outside in the shade for 10 min for the heat to evaporate the moisture some more to see if this improves.

You tried some dry rice yet? If moisture is the problem, then dry rice will help.

asuchemist 07-21-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysocal (Post 51838194)
Can anybody confirm this?

I've had this on my HP Touchpad since the firesale and have had no issue. I was using blue nitrile gloves while looking at a pdf of my Honda CRV manual and the screen was very responsive (surprised because I had nitrile gloves on).

This screen protector has saved my TP from many unavoidable scratches.

It is crystal clear.

Just don't use their lint free cloth to clean your screen. Cannot tell you how much lint that cloth had. I used something else.

These are my instructions:
  1. Add 2 drops of dish soap into a bowl
  2. Dip your fingers in the solution you just created.
  3. Peel the screen protector from the plastic
  4. Apply some fluid to screen protector
  5. Find a straight edge on your device.
  6. Apply the screen protector to that edge.
  7. Smooth on and squeegee as much fluid as you can
  8. check for huge air bubbles (smooth out as needed)
  9. Put device away preferably in a room with air circulation
  10. 1-2 days for water bubbles to totally go away
  11. Enjoy your super protected device

The Kroz 07-21-2012 06:19 PM

I also want to add that I have used a variety of screen protectors and this one is (thus far anyhow) the absolute best.....got two phones and a tablet protector......used the tab and one of the phones and install was extremely easy on the phone.....tab protector is a lot more difficult but still easy-ish

Also....touch response is great.....phone feels like nothing is on it....tab feels a little gummy but I was naked on it for the better part of a year...

Absolutely great purchase

congee 07-21-2012 06:26 PM

In for two for my new S3. Hopefully it won't be the same material BSE uses.

Rockoman 07-21-2012 06:38 PM

Awesome. Picked up 2 of the the Evo LTE and Asus TF201 (Which is also used for the new TF700T) protectors. Thanks a lot.

Neither of which I own...yet!

sychan 07-22-2012 05:32 AM

Do they sell just the rear body kits for the iPad 3? I do not want the screen protector for the retina display but cannot seem to find a way to buy without it.

chickennn 07-23-2012 08:17 PM

I ordered two for the Incredible 2 and they either fit horribly or I received the wrong product.

http://tinypic.com/r/oqfxxt/6

Looks too long and too skinny. Also has a cut out of a hole near the bottom for some reason.

wickedestman 07-23-2012 09:48 PM

Thanks OP. Was looking for a clear skin for my old 3GS. This fit the bill perfectly. Plus PayPal checkout was a plus!

missourian 07-23-2012 10:01 PM

In deed a good protector

On my second day after application, all the bubbles were gone, look nice, best bang for the buck, no reason to go with expensive Zagg

mjjason 07-23-2012 10:16 PM

Ordered 2 of these for 2 Samsung Galaxy SIII's. Both came with a crease in the front skin. No matter what I do the crease still shows. Will look to see if I can replace them.

seanzie 07-23-2012 10:18 PM

I can't seem to get this on my nexus 7 without bubbles in it. I've never done something like this before. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Perhaps a good video that shows how to do it?

Jaeger 07-23-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanzie (Post 51887734)
I can't seem to get this on my nexus 7 without bubbles in it. I've never done something like this before. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Perhaps a good video that shows how to do it?

Bubbles go away eventually, but a hair dryer on warm might speed things along.

jpak7777 07-24-2012 05:30 PM

this was the biggest scam ever. if this was for $20 or more, i wouldnt hesitate to report them to the BBB and request my credit card company to reverse the charge. i knew it was too good to be true. Just terrible. They must have sent me factory seconds. Flimsy sticky piece of crap. It's so sticky that I can't slide my finger across the screen. Looks like acne all over my screen with all the bubbles. Try to rub a bubble out and it rips. Save your money and just cut out a piece of glad kitchen wrap and stick it to your phone and it will work better than this crap. Over the years, I've purchased many different brands but this is hands down the worst ever. Every so often you will get screwed on a sd deal and this is one of them. I can't believe people are raving about this. You guys have no idea that there are actually quality screen protectors that apply first time with no bubbles and no nonsense with blow dryers and waiting for bubbles to go away.

slickdealer215 07-25-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpak7777 (Post 51909980)
this was the biggest scam ever. if this was for $20 or more, i wouldnt hesitate to report them to the BBB and request my credit card company to reverse the charge. i knew it was too good to be true. Just terrible. They must have sent me factory seconds. Flimsy sticky piece of crap. It's so sticky that I can't slide my finger across the screen. Looks like acne all over my screen with all the bubbles. Try to rub a bubble out and it rips. Save your money and just cut out a piece of glad kitchen wrap and stick it to your phone and it will work better than this crap. Over the years, I've purchased many different brands but this is hands down the worst ever. Every so often you will get screwed on a sd deal and this is one of them. I can't believe people are raving about this. You guys have no idea that there are actually quality screen protectors that apply first time with no bubbles and no nonsense with blow dryers and waiting for bubbles to go away.

I bought one for my Galaxy Nexus and it went on very easily with no bubbles. I've done quite a bit of wet application screen protectors like this one, including invisible shield, bse, and stealth shieldz. My opinion now is that they're basically all the same in terms of difficulty of application and durability. The only wet application one i didn't like was from eBay, 6 for $1 should have been an indication of the low quality.

My only concern with these type of protectors in general is how they change the feel of the screen.i use Swype to type so i drag my finger across the screen quite a bit and there is a noticeable increase in drag when using these screen protectors. It's not bad enough that i would stop using screen protectors, but it is something to be aware of if you enjoy the feel of the smooth glass screen.

rockstone 07-26-2012 06:54 AM

received 2 of them for the Nexus tab today. What a POS. Easy to install, but the responsiveness of the screen gets killed...

rocky6670 07-26-2012 08:50 AM

I'll give it a shot for my wife's iPhone & my Galaxy Nexus. I've never used a wet screen protector before so I'll see how bad I can screw it up.:lol:

TheKarn 07-27-2012 01:26 PM

Ordered 2 Samsung Messenger 3 screen protectors, they sent me 2 screen protectors for some completely other phone, with no invoice inside the envelope. What am i supposed to do with these now?

We will see how they respond.

EDIT: After sending an e-mail they replied within an hour saying they will send the correct replacement screen protectors and that they will arrive in 4-8 days.

mx2street 07-30-2012 09:15 PM

Ordered 2, one for the Evo 4G and one for Nexus 7. Both came as ordered, went on smoothly and only took minor tweaks. I had to do my Nexus a few times to get it perfect but being a big screen I knew it would take a few shots. At first the responsiveness was gone, completely, after about 30 minutes it set in and I've never looked back.

Great find!

dnguyen800 07-31-2012 07:47 AM

bought 3 for $1.25 each for Galaxy S3. Put one of them on, looked bad at first but after a day it looks fine. I didn't put it one cleanly at first but it still looks fine. I'm satisfied with my purchase!

TheKarn 08-02-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKarn (Post 51986774)
Ordered 2 Samsung Messenger 3 screen protectors, they sent me 2 screen protectors for some completely other phone, with no invoice inside the envelope. What am i supposed to do with these now?

We will see how they respond.

EDIT: After sending an e-mail they replied within an hour saying they will send the correct replacement screen protectors and that they will arrive in 4-8 days.

As a replacement they sent me 2 screen protectors that are even less of a match than the original. The original at least were ALMOST the right size, the replacements look like they could be for an iphone or something.

Asking for a refund and never buying from Xtremeguard again.

ruysnr 08-04-2012 09:35 PM

i still haven't received my nexus 7 protector.... what's going on....

caicom98 08-28-2012 01:59 PM

I been reading reviews on XtremeGuard and heard people complain about the thickness the screen protectors. Some say you cannot use the screen at all with these thing on. I was going to pick one until I read the reviews. What are peoples experience with them so far?

saga1980 09-14-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruysnr (Post 52216568)
i still haven't received my nexus 7 protector.... what's going on....

My order status is still PROCESSING. WTH. It has been a week and they still did not ship my protector. :mad:

giga73 09-14-2012 04:11 PM

I don't know why people are still buying these. These are absolute shit. The ones who saids otherwise are probably shills, seriously.