Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Poetic TriBook Leather Case for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus $7.95 FS (http://slickdeals.net/f/4918948-poetic-tribook-leather-case-for-the-google-nexus-7-android-tablet-by-asus-7-95-fs)

tedhawkins 07-23-2012 10:16 AM

Poetic TriBook Leather Case for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus $7.95 FS

4 Attachment(s)
Poetic TriBook Leather Case for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus $7.95 FS

Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep
3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic

Black
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-TriB...B008IEGSWO

Purple
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-TriB...008IEGSTM/

shadowed76 07-23-2012 10:36 AM

How is the quality on this?

dfkjhasdlkjfhloiu 07-23-2012 12:03 PM

Why are you posting the same crappy case every day? BTW- if anyone is curious: these are super-low quality. Not worth $8.

superflysocal 07-23-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oemleria (Post 51874330)
Why are you posting the same crappy case every day? BTW- if anyone is curious: these are super-low quality. Not worth $8.

and why do you think it is super low quality? it is not even out yet. they just barely updated the website with actual pictures of the product (before, they only showed pictures of the item on a different tablet)..

I am amazed at reading people spending 70+ on an igloo? case that is like a third of the cost of the tablet.

btw, a quick look at Poetic cases for other tablets on Amazon shows they all get 4 to 5 stars in rating, mostly 4.5 stars, so I would not expect these to be super low quality.

superflysocal 07-23-2012 12:25 PM

I was between the slimbook and this tribook. The naming for these makes it confusing. I am looking for the slimmest case possible (non hardback). I like the look of the tribook more than the slimbook but the name and description of the slimbook infers that it is slimmer, although in the pictures they look abot the same in thickness.
Also, the name Tribook suggest that it folds out 3 ways (I guess I am thinking trifold vs. bifold wallets), but it doesn't appear that way with the pictures.

Any experiences with slimbook vs. tribook for other tablets?

AceWeb 07-23-2012 01:52 PM

Thanks for posting. Was looking for and needed a case. Wish I saw some reviews on these but I guess I will give it a try. Looks ok from pics. If it is crap I will send it back to Amazon.

dfkjhasdlkjfhloiu 07-23-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysocal (Post 51874734)
and why do you think it is super low quality? it is not even out yet. they just barely updated the website with actual pictures of the product (before, they only showed pictures of the item on a different tablet)..

I am amazed at reading people spending 70+ on an igloo? case that is like a third of the cost of the tablet.

btw, a quick look at Poetic cases for other tablets on Amazon shows they all get 4 to 5 stars in rating, mostly 4.5 stars, so I would not expect these to be super low quality.

Poetic is a rebrander. These cases are made from a reference design that is sold to a bunch of factories in china, each of which puts their own label on it. The reference design is the same as several other cases except they change the dimensions and placement of ports. So you're right, I've never actually seen this case. But I've owned the same case for other tablets (sorry, I can't remember which) and it is indeed "garbage."

Also, I'm not sure why you asked me about the treegloo case (I assume that's what you meant by igloo). I think that one is overpriced too. I also don't think there's anything wrong with the rebranded cases. In fact, here's the one I'm waiting for an amazon prime seller to add for the nexus:

Ipad version [amazon.com]

Acer Iconia version [amazon.com]

Galaxy tab 10.1 2 version [amazon.com]

Transformer version [amazon.com]

Notice that they're mostly different brands? BTW- the transformer one is $5 w/ amazon prime. I'll post it.

Here's one for the Nexus [amazon.com]. $5 free shipping, but pre-order until next month. I'm ordering it.

superflysocal 07-23-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oemleria (Post 51877956)
Poetic is a rebrander. These cases are made from a reference design that is sold to a bunch of factories in china, each of which puts their own label on it. The reference design is the same as several other cases except they change the dimensions and placement of ports. So you're right, I've never actually seen this case. But I've owned the same case for other tablets (sorry, I can't remember which) and it is indeed "garbage."

Also, I'm not sure why you asked me about the treegloo case (I assume that's what you meant by igloo). I think that one is overpriced too. I also don't think there's anything wrong with the rebranded cases. In fact, here's the one I'm waiting for an amazon prime seller to add for the nexus:

Ipad version [amazon.com]

Acer Iconia version [amazon.com]

Galaxy tab 10.1 2 version [amazon.com]

Transformer version [amazon.com]

Notice that they're mostly different brands? BTW- the transformer one is $5 w/ amazon prime. I'll post it.

Here's one for the Nexus [amazon.com]. $5 free shipping, but pre-order until next month. I'm ordering it.

those do look nice for the price, but it's a different style of case. Some people prefer the "portfolio type look" over the "clasp on hardback type look". Still, what you linked looks nice, but how do you know they are not garbage? Also, do they have one for tf700?

Personally I like the slim fit type case that wraps around the tapered contour of these tablets (instead of right angle like a book). It protects the sides better than the 4-6 clasps of yours and yet still very slim. I have one for the ipad 2 but wish they would make one for Nexus or Tf700.

superflysocal 07-25-2012 06:16 PM

I did receive the Poetic Slimbook and I am pleased with it. The picture on this thread is of course not correct (it is updated now on the amazon site). There is no microsd card holder (nor would there be any need for one). The fit is nice. It closes completely. Smart function works as expected.

I suspect the Tribook to be similar to the Slimbook. Probably the only difference is the stiching and maybe material.

I did also order one from Exotek posted above. I will get it in August.