Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter $ .65 + FS @ Amazon.com (for nexus 7) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5012940-micro-usb-host-mode-otg-cable-flash-drive-sd-t-flash-card-adapter-65-fs-amazon-com-for-nexus-7)

xaZnxbOyx 08-05-2012 10:53 PM

Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter $ .65 + FS @ Amazon.com (for nexus 7)
 
65534 Attachment(s)
Brand New Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable for $.65

good for google nexus 7, according to xda forum.

link [amazon.com]

supaplex 08-06-2012 12:04 AM

OTG deal alert FTW! Been hoping for a good deal on these for a LONG time. got 3. reps and TU for the OP. Just when I thought it can't get any better, I have a promo balance on my account. :whee::woot2:

Itorian 08-06-2012 12:20 AM

If I were a betting man, I bet I could get this to work on my upgraded EVO 3D at $.68 what the hell. It looks exactly the same as the other ones that does work for the EVO 3D.
Same cable, 100 different brand names. Happens in china alot. yahoo!
Anyone else already have it agree? Probably someone already have it, wont read this post though... sigh..

spam 08-06-2012 12:23 AM

Does this work with S3? It should. no? How about HP Touchpad?

TIA

carlf 08-06-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spam (Post 52240014)
Does this work with S3? It should. no? How about HP Touchpad?

TIA

For $.65 I think you just buy it and give it a try! I got one in hopes it may work on my ASUS Prime. If it doesn't, no big deal I'm only out $.65. If it does work GREAT!

Idaho 08-06-2012 03:14 AM

One of the reviews claims that using the app "Stickmount" that the user sucessfully used a flashdrive with the Nexus 7. Well for $0.68 it's worth it to me to find out if he's telling the truth.

PharetH 08-06-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spam (Post 52240014)
Does this work with S3? It should. no? How about HP Touchpad?

TIA

Bought one last week, it works just fine with my S3.

orangearrows 08-06-2012 09:22 AM

thanks, got one to try it out with N7

BinkyBill 08-06-2012 09:29 AM

This also looks like what the Sony S tablet requires.

Superorb 08-06-2012 09:34 AM

What is the point of this cable? Every time I see OTG all I think of is Over-The-Glasses safety glasses.

Link2999 08-06-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 52248048)
What is the point of this cable? Every time I see OTG all I think of is Over-The-Glasses safety glasses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spam (Post 52240014)
Does this work with S3? It should. no? How about HP Touchpad?

TIA


It lets USB devices work with units. Some devices won't just need the cable though and will need (in addition) a Y Splitter cable and a power source in order to use the USB devices (SD Card readers, flash drives, USB keyboards/mice, etc.). The HP Touchpad is one of the devices that needs a Splitter & Power Source.

stealth 08-06-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idaho (Post 52242524)
One of the reviews claims that using the app "Stickmount" that the user sucessfully used a flashdrive with the Nexus 7. Well for $0.68 it's worth it to me to find out if he's telling the truth.

In for 3! :woot:

Curdean 08-06-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idaho (Post 52242524)
One of the reviews claims that using the app "Stickmount" that the user sucessfully used a flashdrive with the Nexus 7. Well for $0.68 it's worth it to me to find out if he's telling the truth.

Any way to do it without rooting that anyone may know of?

elfbo 08-06-2012 10:44 AM

for 67 cents Ill buy it just to try.

spam 08-06-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharetH (Post 52242734)
Bought one last week, it works just fine with my S3.

thanks..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Link2999 (Post 52248182)
It lets USB devices work with units. Some devices won't just need the cable though and will need (in addition) a Y Splitter cable and a power source in order to use the USB devices (SD Card readers, flash drives, USB keyboards/mice, etc.). The HP Touchpad is one of the devices that needs a Splitter & Power Source.

Thanks..

ryocho 08-06-2012 02:46 PM

FYI For $1.4 [amazon.com] you can buy it from a US dealer and get it in about a week instead of 3-4 weeks from sellers in HK

russell_poling 08-14-2012 03:17 PM

Reviews say it works with Galaxy Nexus as well. Nice.

SleepingDragon 08-14-2012 03:25 PM

Order at Amazon from a number of different sellers, including the one from the US. All of them have connectors that sticks out and feels flimsy as if they can easily fall off. They all seem to be of the same supplier from China... The price was cheap so it makes it a good temporary use? I


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.