Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   God of War Saga Dual Pack Pre-Order (PS3) $30 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5016532-god-of-war-saga-dual-pack-pre-order-ps3-30-free-shipping)

DJ3xclusive 08-06-2012 01:35 PM

God of War Saga Dual Pack Pre-Order (PS3) $30 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
saves $10!
  • God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes)
    • God of War: Chains of Olympus
    • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for
    • HD
    • DUALSHOCK Control
    • Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support
    • 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)
Linky [newegg.com]

yuugotserved 08-06-2012 01:35 PM

God of War Saga Dual Pack Pre-Order (PS3) $30 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
Newegg has God of War Saga Dual Pack Pre-Order (PS3) for $30 with free shipping. Thanks DJ3xclusive

Note, game will be released on 8/28/12

Includes
  • God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
Price Research: Our research indicates that God of War Saga Dual Pack Pre-Order (PS3) is $8 lower (21% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $38 to $39. - yuugotserved

wikipost 08-06-2012 01:35 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Available August 28th (as well as Rachet and Clank Collection and Infamous Collection)

saiyan4life 08-06-2012 01:40 PM

Your link doesn't seem to work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6879261396

DJ3xclusive 08-06-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiyan4life (Post 52256356)

yea i updated a split second after the post. Thanks for helping!

teaberry 08-06-2012 01:47 PM

So this includes remastered HD version of GOW 1 and 2 on PS2, GOW 3 on PS3 (already HD? 3d?) and the two PSP games (remastered in HD)? Total of 5 games for $30?

DJ3xclusive 08-06-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teaberry (Post 52256606)
So this includes remastered HD version of GOW 1 and 2 on PS2, GOW 3 on PS3 (already HD? 3d?) and the two PSP games (remastered in HD)? Total of 5 games for $30?

Here's the link buddy to the announcement ;)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/20...llections/

TerenceLiang 08-06-2012 01:54 PM

already have all games except God of War III, I should just wait for that only game on sale. Thanks still.

aznxenon 08-06-2012 02:14 PM

Have GOW Collection and GOW 3, gonna trade those in and get this. :D thanks!

ISAR 08-06-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive (Post 52256668)
Here's the link buddy to the announcement ;)

Any idea how many discs will it come in?

dkl415 08-06-2012 02:54 PM

The link says "starting at $29.99". That price is most likely for the Ratchet and Clank set, with the Infamous and GoW sets being more.
I'd suggest pre-ordering this before the price goes up to $40 or $50.

pmarin 08-06-2012 03:02 PM

I decided to try to pre-order. Price showed-up in cart as $29.99, PLUS $4.99 shipping.

Decided to punt on it for now -- (1) I'm not sure what it is, and (2) WTF? Newegg charging for shipping on pre-order games.

[Edit: Went back again, found the item through a search, it said "Free Shipping", I added to cart and checked-out fine. I think the first time it wasn't giving me the "EggSaver" option and was forcing me to pay for 3-day UPS. (I get most Newegg stuff in 2-3 days anyway.). So anyway I guess it is Free Shipping.

Decided to order one. Still a few weeks to figure out what it is and if it's worth it. It probably is...]

BestDealer83 08-06-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive (Post 52256574)
yea i updated a split second after the post. Thanks for helping!

I dont get it - whats the "dual pack" for? It doesnt say anything about a Dual Pack on Sony's website

lowteckh 08-06-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkl415 (Post 52258342)
The link says "starting at $29.99". That price is most likely for the Ratchet and Clank set, with the Infamous and GoW sets being more.
I'd suggest pre-ordering this before the price goes up to $40 or $50.

From http://blog.us.playstation.com/20...llections/
Quote:

The God of War Collection will be $39.99!

PFVelocity 08-06-2012 03:06 PM

ERRRRRR

I have all of them but not in one pack...

stev3 08-06-2012 03:09 PM

It says that these collections will be available on the psn as well right?

junior49 08-06-2012 03:09 PM

Wow that's an amazing price for god of war saga.

IN_4_1 08-06-2012 03:11 PM

never pre ordered from newegg, do they charge right away or similar to amazon when it ships? Thank OP

pmarin 08-06-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_4_1 (Post 52258726)
never pre ordered from newegg, do they charge right away similar to amazon when it ships? Thank OP

Your question is confusing.. yes they don't charge till it ships. No, they don't charge right away. (that's 'cause they wait till it ships -- or maybe the day before when they pack for shipment).

Also, important to note that there is no release-day shipping. They ship when they ship, usually the day of release. Sometimes a day or two ahead of time -- sometimes a day later.

There are cases of people getting a Newegg pre-order on or even before "release date" but more likely, it will arrive a few days after release.

IN_4_1 08-06-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmarin (Post 52258806)
Your question is confusing.. yes they don't charge till it ships. No, they don't charge right away. (that's 'cause they wait till it ships -- or maybe the day before when they pack for shipment).

Also, important to note that there is no release-day shipping. They ship when they ship, usually the day of release. Sometimes a day or two ahead of time -- sometimes a day later.

There are cases of people getting a Newegg pre-order on or even before "release date" but more likely, it will arrive a few days after release.

I revised my original question, just wanted to make sure they dont charge right away, i am not in any rush to get it on release day, when ever they ship. thanks for clarifying. Repped

msk12 08-06-2012 03:18 PM

fyi, in the comments section of the psn blog post it states that not all of the content is disc based:

Quote:

Mixed. God of War Collection and God of War III are in the box.
God of War Origins Collection will be via a voucher.

stev3 08-06-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISAR (Post 52258174)
Any idea how many discs will it come in?

Probably 3

gow 1 & 2 - 1 disc
gow 3 - 1 disc
gow coo & gos - 1 disc/voucher

with the extra stuff probably on a voucher or email

pmarin 08-06-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_4_1 (Post 52258840)
I revised my original question, just wanted to make sure they dont charge right away, i am not in any rush to get it on release day, when ever they ship. thanks for clarifying. Repped

No prob -- I have been happy with Newegg pre-orders and they have had a lot of good deals lately (a lot of $10 off promo codes).

I often buy from Amazon, and Amazon's release-date delivery is hard to beat, but most games, I don't really have time to play on release day anyway (still gotta work Monday-Friday to pay for all these games, LOL.) So as long as you don't mind waiting a few days, Newegg has been fine for pre-orders. As I said, sometimes you'll be surprised and they will ship a day or two early and it will show up on release day, or sometimes even a day before, but don't count on that...

[Edit: the other point to mention is that sometimes, Amazon (or other retailers like Gamestop) get special promotional items (books, soundtracks) or DLC items. In general, Newegg doesn't include those. Sometimes, you will be lucky, and the item was a promo from the manufacturer, and even the Newegg games will include it. But other times, Amazon or Gamestop get a special pack made only for them, or get special DLC codes to hand out. In those cases, you might miss-out with Newegg. On a deal like this, this really wouldn't be an issue, but on some more "collectible" games it's something to keep in mind.]

spydersdeals69 08-06-2012 03:23 PM

Weak sauce about the Origins being voucher only. In for zero. :(

pmarin 08-06-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stev3 (Post 52258968)
Probably 3

gow 1 & 2 - 1 disc
gow 3 - 1 disc
gow coo & gos - 1 disc/voucher

with the extra stuff probably on a voucher or email

If there is really PSP content in a PSN voucher, I wonder if it will load onto a PS Vita?

I still have my old PSP too because I have a collection of UMD games I might want to play someday.. but if these games download to Vita, I would play them on that instead.

[Edit: upon reading this again, I think these games are all for PS3. I don't think the PSP thing applies -- sorry, I was confused by a question in an earlier post. Also, yes, on looking at the Sony info again, it looks like this might really have an MSRP of $29.99 -- meaning Newegg's price is just the regular price. A good deal for sure, even if you have the older games. We will see what the other retailers announce in the next few days.]

trojanvirus 08-06-2012 03:28 PM

Awesome. Rented the first three. Time to replay all of them before Ascension

marswearsgucci 08-06-2012 03:29 PM

IGN says this is 30$ everywhere. I think. Not 100 Percent sure but wouldnt newegg have a reg price crossed out.

dubleo 08-06-2012 03:30 PM

MSRP is a slickdeal?

thelostkin 08-06-2012 03:31 PM

i didnt get the origins collection and that is still near $40 so I might just get this as well

xWarMECHx 08-06-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubleo (Post 52259212)
MSRP is a slickdeal?

Should've gotten your facts straight before your lame attempt at a snide remark. MSRP is $39.99 for the God of War Saga.

hle078 08-06-2012 03:40 PM

wow, this is a great deal, 5 games + a month of ps+ for $30... but i already platinumed 1, 2, and 3, so i'll pass on this. i hope the origins collection goes on sale once this is released tho. hoping to get it for $10-$15

dubleo 08-06-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWarMECHx (Post 52259348)
Should've gotten your facts straight before your lame attempt at a snide remark. MSRP is $39.99 for the God of War Saga.

Edit: Nevermind.

I misread the advertisement.

bLanKer 08-06-2012 03:46 PM

MSRP on slickdeals front page. Nice.

"Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store."

dubleo 08-06-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLanKer (Post 52259586)
MSRP on slickdeals front page. Nice.

"Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store."

The key word is starting

Not all the collections are the same price.

stev3 08-06-2012 03:53 PM

i pre-ordered, I only have gow 3 and have been waiting for the original collection to drop, now with this I get 2 extra games on top of what I originally wanted

also

http://www.examiner.com/article/p...collection

"Following the initial announcement, Sony has revealed additional details Monday afternoon concerning the pricing of these “PlayStation Collections” and shared that “God of War Saga” and “inFamous Collection” will retail for $39.99 when they release later this month."

joystiq also confirms $39.99
Update: Sony says God of War Saga and Infamous Collection will cost $39.99 apiece. Still a pretty good deal

Collapse 08-06-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hle078 (Post 52259462)
wow, this is a great deal, 5 games + a month of ps+ for $30... but i already platinumed 1, 2, and 3, so i'll pass on this. i hope the origins collection goes on sale once this is released tho. hoping to get it for $10-$15

I feel you... I've already platinumed all 5 of them lol... and I have PS+ until late 2013 lol.... totally missing out x\

SuMtOnE 08-06-2012 04:03 PM

never owned a God Of War game before. nor played them. nows the chance. plus im kinda BUZZ... lol.. o whatheck in for 1

red_devil32 08-06-2012 04:04 PM

am i the only one never played GoW before?

hikrishnakumar 08-06-2012 04:11 PM

Locked in TIV for my I & II collection and origins collection for $29.70 in Amazon. Ordered this one for $29.99 with 5% cashback from Chase. Now I will get GOW III for free(with some reward points). It is a great deal. Thanks a lot OP :)

TrueWhiteBoy 08-06-2012 04:12 PM

This makes me wish that they'd make a sequel to Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

fitftw 08-06-2012 04:27 PM

I have God of War Origins and 1 and 2...

Might get this though and sell those.

hikrishnakumar 08-06-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitftw (Post 52260434)

the TIV in Amazon will get you $29.70 if you act quick. I did the same.

SterlingJones 08-06-2012 04:32 PM

If you don't own _any_ of this material in its PS3 version, then this may be a good deal for you.

Note that there is no part of this bundle that isn't already on the market. There's nothing new here, just a new bundle price.

The only possible exception is the Exclusive Bonus Content part.

dkeat 08-06-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hikrishnakumar (Post 52260478)

$16.20 for Origins collection. Thanks for the suggestion.

Deltaron 08-06-2012 05:00 PM

I've never preordered from Newegg before. If you preorder this and change your mind before it ships, can you cancel it online (under order status) without any penalty?

TerenceLiang 08-06-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

$16.20 + $13.50, I already did. :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltaron (Post 52261076)
I've never preordered from Newegg before. If you preorder this and change your mind before it ships, can you cancel it online (under order status) without any penalty?

There is no any penalty if you cancel your pre order on Newegg. I tried it before. :cool:

CodWaPeace 08-06-2012 05:06 PM

Origins collection is a voucher code via PSN. It cannot be traded in. Even the I and II collection cannot be traded in because you need the original box for the price that you are quoting.

See comment #11 on http://blog.us.playstation.com/20...llections/

Quote:

Originally Posted by hikrishnakumar (Post 52260138)
Locked in TIV for my I & II collection and origins collection for $29.70 in Amazon. Ordered this one for $29.99 with 5% cashback from Chase. Now I will get GOW III for free(with some reward points). It is a great deal. Thanks a lot OP :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitftw (Post 52260434)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkeat (Post 52260734)
$16.20 for Origins collection. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerenceLiang (Post 52261078)
$16.20 + $13.50, I already did. :wave:

There is no any penalty if you cancel your pre order on Newegg. I tried it before. :cool:

Origins collection is a voucher code via PSN. It cannot be traded in. Even the I and II collection cannot be traded in because you need the original box for the price that you are quoting.

xWarMECHx 08-06-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodWaPeace (Post 52261196)

Thanks for that information. It obviously applies to the people you were quoting. :facepalm2:

You do know that these games were previously released on retail disc right?

Deltaron 08-06-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodWaPeace (Post 52261196)

See comment #11 on http://blog.us.playstation.com/20...llections/

It's actually comment #9 about the Origins voucher code. I assumed the people posting that they locked in the Amazon trades were people who already owned those items and were replacing them with this new collection rather than intending to trade-in pieces from the collection once it arrives. That would be impossible because the Amazon trade has to be mailed by August 13th and this collection doesn't ship until at least August 28th.

The bigger worry is... if we send in our old copies to Amazon first, will Newegg decide this was a price mistake and cancel all of our preorders? Then we'll be without any of our GoW games and have to pay a higher price on the preorder to replace them. That would be very low and suck royally, but since Newegg has canceled many of my past orders for various reasons (price mistakes or they claim they ran OOS after taking my orders) I don't put anything past them.

For me I just have GoW 1 & 2 which is worth $13.50 used. I've been playing a friend's GoW 3, but I'd like to get my own and the Origins collection. It's unfortunate Origins is a voucher only because it'll only work on 2 PS3s. How much space will the Origins collection take on my PS3's HD?

So, pretty much unless the "exclusive bonus content is something new" (which I doubt) this is just the existing GoW 1 & 2 + GoW III + Origins voucher + 1 month PS+ voucher.

Can anyone use the PS+ voucher if you've had a free trial in the past (as in when PSN was down and they gave everyone a free month)?

TwinCitiesJHawk 08-06-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_devil32 (Post 52259998)
am i the only one never played GoW before?

probably. About 90% of what I play and enjoy are only ports games, and GOW is one of my all time favs. You cant go wrong with any GOW game.

kowapi87 08-06-2012 06:00 PM

great find, OP. I've been wanting to buy GOW collection for the longest time, and now THIS comes out? and it has the psp versions? :)

already made my pre-order...didn't even bother to see when it comes out, lol. too excited, I am.

Zarich 08-06-2012 06:02 PM

wow.. Sony is starting to beat Nintendo in the milking of franchises.

StriderH1ryu 08-06-2012 06:30 PM

Played all of them from their original systems but only beat GOW 3. Would gladly pay $30 for updated graphics and playing on the big screen to finally finish them. thx and repped

IamPro 08-06-2012 06:31 PM

nm...

fatpat268 08-06-2012 06:50 PM

Thanks, traded in my god of war (1&2) collection for $13.50, making This collection only 16.50. Sweet.

IamPro 08-06-2012 07:06 PM

I bite since this prob will go up to $39.99
Quote:

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 6th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:
Yes i too would like to know the price, I only have just GOW 3 and have been wanting to get the other GOW games when cheap.
Quote:

+ Cristian Cardona (SONY) on August 6th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:
The God of War Collection will be $39.99!

paayter 08-06-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWarMECHx (Post 52259348)

niiiice

nico07 08-06-2012 07:16 PM

To bad the "HD" is only 720p upscaled to 1080. But still they are great games and this is a good price.

nico07 08-06-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltaron (Post 52261076)

Of course you can. In fact I usually preorder more than I think I can afford and then when a game is almost out I decide if I can afford it or not at that time. If I can then I save $10 plus get free shipping and am not charged tax. If I can't afford it then I login to my account and select the preorder and choose to cancel it.

Deltaron 08-06-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatpat268 (Post 52263530)
Thanks, traded in my god of war (1&2) collection for $13.50, making This collection only 16.50. Sweet.

Do people feel 100% confident that Newegg will NOT cancel these $29.99 preorders by either (1) claiming it was a price mistake and should've been $39.99 or (2) saying they had too many preorders and can't fulfill them all?

I'd like to be 100% sure before I send off my GoW 1 & 2 trade-in to Amazon too, and the deadline for that is August 13th vs. the release date of August 28th for the collection. It would be bad enough not to get this collection for $29.99 but even worse to have sent off my GoW 1 & 2 (which I haven't finished playing) and not have that any more if Newegg fails us.

nico07 08-06-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmarin (Post 52258520)
I decided to try to pre-order. Price showed-up in cart as $29.99, PLUS $4.99 shipping.

Decided to punt on it for now -- (1) I'm not sure what it is, and (2) WTF? Newegg charging for shipping on pre-order games.

[Edit: Went back again, found the item through a search, it said "Free Shipping", I added to cart and checked-out fine. I think the first time it wasn't giving me the "EggSaver" option and was forcing me to pay for 3-day UPS. (I get most Newegg stuff in 2-3 days anyway.). So anyway I guess it is Free Shipping.

Decided to order one. Still a few weeks to figure out what it is and if it's worth it. It probably is...]

Yes, Eggsaver is free shipping. The default shipping for $4.99 may get it there a day early depending on where you live, but I imagine if you want it quickly (and can't wait the 2-3 days) then you should just go to Gamestop and pay the $39.99 + tax.

nico07 08-06-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltaron (Post 52264212)
Do people feel 100% confident that Newegg will NOT cancel these $29.99 preorders by either (1) claiming it was a price mistake and should've been $39.99 or (2) saying they had too many preorders and can't fulfill them all?

I'd like to be 100% sure before I send off my GoW 1 & 2 trade-in to Amazon too, and the deadline for that is August 13th vs. the release date of August 28th for the collection. It would be bad enough not to get this collection for $29.99 but even worse to have sent off my GoW 1 & 2 (which I haven't finished playing) and not have that any more if Newegg fails us.

Newegg has had a longstanding history now for releasing preorders for $10 off MSRP. I have ordered at least six of these and always received every one. Newegg seems to pass their profit on these games off to the consumer to push more sales. I would say that this deal will go through, and by preordering Newegg can be sure to order sufficiently from Sony prior to it's release.

Illuminati4Hire 08-06-2012 07:37 PM

The only bummer is that it's not really all in one tidy package. It's 2 Blu-ray's (1 for GoW3, 1 for GoW Collection), then GoW Origins is a download voucher.

Newegg will honor. They always give $10-$15 off pre-orders.

krackherback 08-06-2012 07:53 PM

they should release it for the ps vita. it will sure make us vita owner happy and maybe it will help sell the system

jakeaveli88 08-06-2012 07:56 PM

download voucher kills it for me :/ call me old school but i only really care for physical media (except music). repped for a good deal and an epic series though!

tickle_tickle 08-06-2012 08:38 PM

If I didn't already own 1/2/3, I'd be in.

Here's hoping Origins drops to less than $20 so I don't feel too ripped off.

Mako1215 08-06-2012 08:40 PM

Looks like my GOW3 Ultimate Edition will never be opened. I need to buy this!

mdolla226 08-06-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle_tickle (Post 52265826)
If I didn't already own 1/2/3, I'd be in.

Here's hoping Origins drops to less than $20 so I don't feel too ripped off.

This is exactly what I'm waiting for. I wish they would hurry up & drop the price on Origins already!

Mo786 08-06-2012 09:30 PM

Wait, are the two psp games remastered to work on ps3?

CodWaPeace 08-06-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo786 (Post 52266862)
Wait, are the two psp games remastered to work on ps3?

Yes..

BladeD 08-06-2012 10:22 PM

So, can you sell the GoW Origins voucher?

xWarMECHx 08-07-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeD (Post 52267918)
So, can you sell the GoW Origins voucher?

Nope... because only stores can sell digital codes and YOU aren't allowed to. :facepalm2:

salraf 08-07-2012 04:35 AM

I have GoW I/II as a apck which I finished (awesome BTW). Is there such a thing as a apck that has the others together?

aznchris99 08-07-2012 05:29 AM

Nice!!

lnx 08-07-2012 05:31 AM

Nice collection, thanks.

ae86takumi 08-07-2012 05:33 AM

The voucher is a bummer. I'll stick to my copies. I have my Origins and I won't trade it.

typesdragon 08-07-2012 05:35 AM

If origins collection was on a disc, this would've been an awesome collection.

pressstart 08-07-2012 05:50 AM

If I only had a PS3, I'd be all over this. Only played part 1 back on the PS2. TU!

Deltaron 08-07-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico07 (Post 52264354)
Newegg has had a longstanding history now for releasing preorders for $10 off MSRP. I have ordered at least six of these and always received every one. Newegg seems to pass their profit on these games off to the consumer to push more sales. I would say that this deal will go through, and by preordering Newegg can be sure to order sufficiently from Sony prior to it's release.

Thanks. I assumed it was a price mistake. I didn't know Newegg often discounted preorders by $10-$15, but then why didn't they discount Infamous 1 & 2 or the Ratchet & Clank Collection from their MSRPs (unless I'm mistaken)?

Sending in my GoW 1 & 2 set to Amazon or buying this pack for $30 will cost me about $20 for Origins either way. Now if Origins would drop under $20 in the next week, I might change my mind about this preorder, but that's unlikely.

2 questions linger:
1. For anyone who has bought GoW Origins Collection on PSN, how big is the download (a few GB or massive GBs)? I don't think you can tell the size until after you purchase it... or maybe you have to go to the final checkout screen.
2. Can the 1 month PS Plus voucher be used by anyone who doesn't currently have an active PS Plus subscription (even if you had free PS Plus trials in the past)?

DonRSD 08-07-2012 06:33 AM

i would buy this, but ill never play it.
i still have GoW 3 in the shrink wrap from a gamestop $9.99 special, from about a year ago.
i also have Tomb Raider shrinkwrapped from the best buy $8.99 special a few months ago.

plus with Madden coming out, il never play this.

all ive played for the last 7 months is BATTLEFIELD 3 on my ps3.
i have no interest in anything else, but a good deal is hard to pass up.

ill save my money here.
makes it easier that ive already beaten GoW 1 & 2.
maybe for xmas ill hop on this and the Metal Gear collection.......only to never play them lol

Neo42 08-07-2012 06:42 AM

Like others, going to trade in my 1&2 collection to partially fund this. Along with the ico collection this should set me up for games for a long long time (I don't play much)

macgyver893 08-07-2012 06:54 AM

Just ordered it. My GOW 1&2 collection disappeared somehow, or I must have lent it to a friend and forgot about it :( oh well, another reason to order this version. Also I never played gow 3 somehow

dales007 08-07-2012 06:56 AM

i recommend getting it.. one of the best ps3 series ever!

0100 08-07-2012 07:22 AM

Not bad but I will wait for it to be cheaper.

viperdk 08-07-2012 07:26 AM

I was so excited for this until I found out about the voucher for Origins, the only GOW titles I haven't played. I still use my original 60GB PS3 launch unit and other than demos, never download games. When my system dies or I replace it with a PS4, then I'm out the game!

calvin_nr 08-07-2012 07:29 AM

I got GOW 3 and was blown away by the graphics. We also fight the first boss minutes into the game. I felt a little overwhelmed as I progressed and then had to stop.

Now Im playing UC3 multiplayer, Arkham Asylum and GTA4. I think I will sell my GOW3 and get this and start playing from the beginning.

I heard GOW4 is coming out for the PS4.

Also I wonder if they will come out with a Saga edition for Uncharted...After playing UC3 I wanna play UC1 and 2 which I think is one of the best games ever for the PS3.

xavier73129 08-07-2012 07:44 AM

All over this.

mwick512 08-07-2012 08:31 AM

This is probably a really stupid question, but all of these games are for ps3 correct? I've played GOW3 only and I know the first two were originally ps2.

cggtr 08-07-2012 08:51 AM

Even after owning all of the games, I'm getting this. If I don't get around to it, it's a Christmas present to my brother who hasn't played these delightful games. Thanks!

TheTrojanHorse 08-07-2012 10:07 AM

Oh man, I think I just missed it. The deal appears dead - back at $39.

WillTheKill 08-07-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonRSD (Post 52273290)
i would buy this, but ill never play it.
i still have GoW 3 in the shrink wrap from a gamestop $9.99 special, from about a year ago.

Mine is still shrink-wrapped too! I got my copy for $9.99 at Target when they were doing the promotion for trading in old games back in April. I'll eventually get around to it, though ;)

The deal is pretty great though. I would grab this in a heartbeat if I didn't already have the original collection that contained God of War 1 & 2.

pressstart 08-07-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 52274298)
I was so excited for this until I found out about the voucher for Origins, the only GOW titles I haven't played. I still use my original 60GB PS3 launch unit and other than demos, never download games. When my system dies or I replace it with a PS4, then I'm out the game!

Shouldn't the download games, like DLC, be tied to your PSN account?

psyctto 08-07-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 52274298)

when the PS3 games don't work with the PS4, you're out the games too ;)
it's all linked to the PSN account online anyway, so all it means is just one less disc you have to worry about...

viperdk 08-07-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pressstart (Post 52278000)
Shouldn't the download games, like DLC, be tied to your PSN account?

Hmm... if that's the case that takes away some of the risk. I guess I've been assuming it works like the cloud service for game saves, which I know requires pay subscription (at least last I checked).

viperdk 08-07-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyctto (Post 52278128)
it's all linked to the PSN account online anyway, so all it means is just one less disc you have to worry about...

I'm hoping at least the launch systems will be PS3 backwards compatible but who knows. A dream system would be platform compatible all the way back to PS1. But I'd imagine they would never do that since it would cut into download sales of retro PS games.

crhopkins 08-07-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 52278592)
Hmm... if that's the case that takes away some of the risk. I guess I've been assuming it works like the cloud service for game saves, which I know requires pay subscription (at least last I checked).

The digital games are tied to your PSN account, and can be redownloaded to new systems.
You can currently only have your PSN account activated on up to 2 PS3 systems, but you can always deactivate old ones.

If we learn from Sony's handling of the PSP to PS Vita, you stand a greater chance of your digital PS3 games working on the PS4 than you would your physical ones.

IamPro 08-07-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyctto (Post 52278128)

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 52278674)
I'm hoping at least the launch systems will be PS3 backwards compatible but who knows. A dream system would be platform compatible all the way back to PS1. But I'd imagine they would never do that since it would cut into download sales of retro PS games.

Unless something comes out that is better and cheaper then Blueray, i dont think youll be out of a game bc PS4 most likely will be BR

viperdk 08-07-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crhopkins (Post 52278884)
The digital games are tied to your PSN account, and can be redownloaded to new systems.
You can currently only have your PSN account activated on up to 2 PS3 systems, but you can always deactivate old ones.

If we learn from Sony's handling of the PSP to PS Vita, you stand a greater chance of your digital PS3 games working on the PS4 than you would your physical ones.

Good point. Although, it looks like now that I convinced myself to pull the trigger, the price went back up to MSRP. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on Amazon.

crhopkins 08-07-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamPro (Post 52279002)
Unless something comes out that is better and cheaper then Blueray, i dont think youll be out of a game bc PS4 most likely will be BR

PS3 can read DVDs but not play PS2 games, so I'm not entirely sold that the PS4 will have BC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 52279022)
Good point. Although, it looks like now that I convinced myself to pull the trigger, the price went back up to MSRP. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on Amazon.

Yeah, I saw the deal this morning and was going to purchase when I got to work only to see it had go back up :(
Amazon doesn't have it listed yet, but I'm also hoping for an Amazon deal.

viperdk 08-07-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

That's been my assumption too. A "Download Only" home console from one of the 3 powerhouses (probs MS or Sony) can't be too far off in the distant future. But with all of the data cap restrictions being implemented by Internet providers these days, it's just not rational to release at this point in time.

IamPro 08-07-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crhopkins (Post 52279284)
PS3 can read DVDs but not play PS2 games, so I'm not entirely sold that the PS4 will have BC.

it will have Ps3 compatibility prob, i never said PS2 comp ;)

crhopkins 08-07-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamPro (Post 52279392)
it will have Ps3 compatibility prob, i never said PS2 comp ;)

My point is that just because it can read BR doesn't mean that it will support the games.

The PS3 can read DVDs, but it cannot play PS2 games.

CCyanescens 08-07-2012 11:16 AM

Did I miss it?

GoW Saga Collection showing up as $39.99.

Couldn't access directly from the link in the post (work network blocks it) so if that's the issue I'll have to wait until this evening.

Or do I have to wait until I check out?

psyctto 08-07-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk (Post 52278674)

i think both MS and Sony figured out it's far too expensive to do backward compatibility the proper way this time around... so what you end up with is half assed emulators that run some stuff, but not really all that well ;)
like the original PS3s actually had a hardware based (dedicated processor) in it doing the PS2 games... that quickly changed over to crappy partial some software emulation... which was then dropped altogether. Xbox360 obviously has and still does have it's limited emulation software, the things i've played run ok at best.

most, if not all, of the retro games you're referring to are also "redone" in HD... if you just slap an old game in there, it's simply upconverted...

Quote:

the media a game comes on has absolutely nothing to do with what games a system can run... by your logic, if a new Xbox comes out with BR player it should be able to run PS3 and PS4 games.
see how that goes sideways quickly ;)

hanabie 08-07-2012 11:21 AM

I doubt the next gen will have BC. Good luck.

I still have gow3 shrink wrapped. It's cool to wrap as a bday gift.. see who will be the lucky one.

Samsquanch 08-07-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCyanescens (Post 52279700)
Did I miss it?

GoW Saga Collection showing up as $39.99.

Couldn't access directly from the link in the post (work network blocks it) so if that's the issue I'll have to wait until this evening.

Or do I have to wait until I check out?

It is dead :(

TheMAXX 08-07-2012 01:42 PM

deal gone? crap!

SpiceP 08-07-2012 01:48 PM

Mine is showing $39.99. Just like CCyanescens, are we too late?

TerenceLiang 08-07-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiceP (Post 52283580)
Mine is showing $39.99. Just like CCyanescens, are we too late?

Yes you are. But you can keep checking newegg, they sometimes change their price. :cool:

kinubic 08-29-2012 11:59 AM

just got mine ! comes with beta to GoW ascension