Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   T-mobile 12% or 10% off total bill (http://slickdeals.net/f/5036672-t-mobile-12-or-10-off-total-bill)

Fightforit 08-11-2012 02:21 AM

T-mobile 12% or 10% off total bill

1 Attachment(s)
I just answered this in another post because I mentioned that I have a 12% off discount through the federation of american consumers and travelers on my DTMCSA rate plan so I thought I would share it with everybody. I'm not a member and have had this discount for over 2 years.Was super easy to add. Everybody should have at least one of the 2 I posted below :)

Here is how it works:

Call T-Mobile at 877-453-8824 and mention that you are a member of Federation of American Consumers and Travelers. Give T-Mobile the FACT promo code: 10045TMOFAV, if they ask for it.

FACT PHONE # 1-800-872-3228

Might be easier to add it through the online chat via tmobile.com/ (this should be no problem) but I recommend you call! Just say you have a discount code that you would like to apply to the account and just give it to them real quick and hang up, don't spend any time on the phone. Point of this is so they don't ask for further info. I added mine a while back and it seems like a hit or miss on them asking for FACT ID number.

T-Mobile did not ask me for my FACT membership number to verify membership. . If you have to join FACT to get your FACT T-Mobile discount, it is still totally worth it. FACT membership is only $12 per 3 months and you can join online at usafact.org... You can then cancel it within 60 days and get your money back, if you want. You are already a member, if your health insurance is through Golden Rule

link to sign up : https://www.usafact.org/joinnowbasic.aspx

another option :

WOrst case scenario = add the freelancers union discount which is only 10% not the 12% like the above.

*ADD THIS VIA TMOBILE.COM ONLINE CHAT*
https://be.freelancersunion.org/d...corporate/ click life then tmobile to see
You will need your t-mobile information, your member ID, name of the organization (freelancers union/ working today) and their phone number (800.856.9981)

THat's it! Completely FREE to join and only takes 2 minutes.

Everyone who has t-mobile should have at LEAST this discount. It is easy, free and completely legit.

HINT: In addition to having the phone number of the group (800-856-998) You need a member No, and the organization's discount code - 7777TMOFAV

enjoy:nod:

wikipost 08-11-2012 02:21 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Quote:

T-mobile offers 12% off your total bill for being a member of The Federation of American Consumers and Travelers (FACT) group. It’s super easy to add on your T-mobile plan with promotion code 10045TMOFAV or FACT PHONE # 1-800-872-3228. It can be done in 2 easy steps:

1) Call T-Mobile at 877-453-8824 and mention that you are a member of Federation of American Consumers and Travelers.
2) Give T-Mobile the FACT promo code: 10045TMOFAV or FACT PHONE # 1-800-872-3228

If you must join FACT to get your FACT T-Mobile discount, it is worth it. FACT membership is only $12 per 3 months and you can join online at usafact.org. Cancel membership within 60 days with no obligations and get your money back if you decide it’s not for you. You are already a member if your health insurance is through Golden Rule, getting a 15% free activation with Blue Cross Blue Shield.

If you don’t qualify for T-mobile’s 12% discount, you may qualify for their 10% freelancers union discount. Click Life then T-Mobile. You will need your t-mobile information, member ID, name of the organization (freelancers union/working today) and their phone number (800.856.9981). NOTE: In addition to having the group phone number (800-856-9981), you will also need a member number and the organization’s discount code – 7777TMOFAV.

pormocode is 10045TMOFAV not 1004TMOFAV

fixed OP ^^ thanks.

also for the freelancers discount, seems like quite a few people are getting told it's for new activations or new contracts, so this would be fine if you're out of contract and want to apply this discount.

the fact is good no matter what, just requires a 2 year renewal and WILL NOT EFFECT PHONE UPGRADES!

People are having no problems adding the FACT promo.

FYI : Can take up to 1-2 billing cycles for discount to appear, totally normal.....you can check online or on your physical paper bill under "credits and adjustments" and you will see the corporate discount.

site to check if your work email to see if it is eligible straight through your employer: http://business.t-mobile.com/advantage tho not always current.

Confirmed Discounts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield 15%, free activation (Is this really confirmed? Please add HOW to the wiki.)
- FACT 12% off
- U of Michigan 12%, free activation. additional colleges listed here: http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/1175217-Special-T-Mobile-Discount-University-Employees-Students-B-M-Updated-Now-Applies-to-ALL-Colleges
- Student Rate if none of ur schools are listed above,10%, Promo Code 13997TMOFAV, phone # (781) 497-5178, more info is http:// student rate .com/all/get-all-student-deals/T-Mobile-Discounts-for- Student Rate- Members--/0
- AAA info: http://www.autoclubmo.aaa.com/dis...obile.html main page is here: http://www.autoclubmo.aaa.com/dis...phone.html
- Allstate Motor Club 17614TMOFAV 12%
- National PTA 14%. Just download and follow directions on this form: http://www.1tmo.com/PTA/MigrationPTA.doc
- Perkspot (some HR departments of organizations use this for the company), 10% - log into your account then cell phone category & it'll send you over to the personalized page of http://t-mobileadvantagedirect.com/
- APA pool players/members get a 10% discount : http://www.poolplayers.com/discou...010%%20Off
I recently (10/18/12) did the FACT thing. You need to fill a simple form - you DO need FACT membership proof. Form at www.t-mobile.com\corpdiscount email it to mcsamigrations@t-mobilesupport.com. Send it with membership proof, usually an email from FACT. FACT membership basic is $12 for 3 months. You can cancel in 60 days with no charge. If you do what I said, there will no iterations and you will get email from above email that 12% is now applied. -npatel3c

UPDATED 10/9/13:

LINK to tmoible site with ALL info related to adding a corporate discount : http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4791

People here confirmed that if you follow direction of the OP link (and use security code NEX), you will signup discount as employee of Next Jump Inc. And T-mobile will verify if you are really an employee of that company.

Who is eligible for this monthly discount?
Only current employees of Corporate Perks are eligible.

THERE IS ALREADY A HUGE DEDICATED THREAD TO TMOBILE DISCOUNTS WHICH RANGE FROM 10-15% AND CAN BE FOUND HERE :
http://slickdeals.net/f/5036672-t-mobile-12-or-10-off-total-bill

*most likely all of your questions have already been answered in the other thread*

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

hitechgurl 08-11-2012 02:46 AM

Too bad i dont have T-mobile anymore. Do you have anything for AT&T?

TofuVic 08-11-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52383200)
HINT: In addition to having the phone number of the group (800-856-998) You need a member No, and the organization's discount code - 7777TMOFAV

How do I get a member number? Thanks.

TWG2012 08-11-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitechgurl (Post 52383350)

I am curious of this myself...I'm going to go check into this.

TWG2012 08-11-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TofuVic (Post 52383352)

freelancersunion.org and sign up. Completely free. After you sign up, they will give you a member number.

loxpp 08-11-2012 03:10 AM

All carriers give discounts based on your enrollment status... Bu harvard mit whatever... And also if u work at one of the big companies, u get discounts as well

I've been enjoying 15% off total tmo family plan for years with my graduate school enrollment, although i graduated years ago.

Google carrier specific corporate discount or call customer service

Fightforit 08-11-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TofuVic (Post 52383352)

You will get it after you sign up. I think they send you an email and I believe its on your sign in page after you login it's been a while so im not sure where exactly on the page it is...

BlkBimM3r 08-11-2012 03:23 AM

Every carrier offers employer or education specific discounts. You should call your carrier & ask if they have discounts if you work for a specific company, industry, or attend university or are part of an alumni association.

Back in the day when we were on the $30 Sprint SERO plans, they were dumb enough to stack the sero plan (already discounted as a sprint employee referral/kind of like friends & family of Sprint employees) with my employers 15% off discount. For 3 years I was paying $25.50/line until they started auditing all accounts & removing discounts. Now on sero premium for $50 with an iPhone which still isn't bad compared to the $80-90 I'd pay on AT&T or Verizon with similar plan features (500 anytime, free nights/weekends & long distance, unl data, text, pix, etc).. Sprint sucks but it's cheap.

MaddiesDaddy 08-11-2012 03:48 AM

OP- Great post. Thanks for letting other SDers know about these cell phone service discounts almost anyone can take advantage of.

One thing to be aware of though is that adding this discount onto your existing T-Mobile plan will extend your contract or start a new 2-year contract if you are currently out of contract. This should not affect your upgrade eligibility though (e.g. if you are currently 6 months away from being eligible for a full upgrade discount, you will still be eligible to upgrade in 6 months, but this effectively extends your contract out to 2 years from the date of the plan change. If you then upgrade in 6 months, that would once again re-up your contract to the full 2-year term.)

Employer/organization member discounts on cell phone plans are a great deal that everyone should be taking advantage of, regardless of carrier, but I just wanted to make everyone aware of the contract renewal clause for T-Mobile (and I assume others, though I can't say for certain), as some people may wish to remain out of contract, or may not wish to stay with their current company for the full 2 years.

lonelybadboy 08-11-2012 04:14 AM

Does this work on the Walmart $30/mo prepaid plan

gfrobe 08-11-2012 04:19 AM

If I already have a corporate discount with t-mobile will this stack on top or replace my existing discount.

squirty 08-11-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfrobe (Post 52384058)
If I already have a corporate discount with t-mobile will this stack on top or replace my existing discount.

No it will not. Only one discount can be applied to an account.

This FACT discount will require a 2 year contract extension.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonelybadboy (Post 52383932)
Does this work on the Walmart $30/mo prepaid plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfrobe (Post 52384058)

I don't believe the discounts apply to prepaid plans, somebody might want to double check but I'm 90% sure.

If you already have a discount and you call in with another code it will just replace the existing discount code. I've tried to double dip (yes, i admit it lol)...I've tried to stack, called in maybe a year ago with a code for a 10% ( might have been aaa) and i was forced to pick one and obviosuly I'm going with 12 over 10

tam421602 08-11-2012 05:09 AM

They asked me for member ID for FACT. So I signed up with FACT for 3 months. They set me up for the 12 percent discount :)
Now...how can I cancel my FACT 3 month membership and get a full refund? Also, will the 12percent discount stay in my tmobile even after I cancel my membership with FACT?

pervin_1 08-11-2012 05:17 AM

does all this discounts apply to business accounts? i tried to apply FACT 12% discount,but they won't let me to do it,just because i have business account...i will try to add 10% later..thanks op anyway

trippinbilly 08-11-2012 05:54 AM

I get 15% through my school system's group discount. I had to go through a corporate account manager instead of customer service but it was pretty easy.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tam421602 (Post 52384956)
They asked me for member ID for FACT. So I signed up with FACT for 3 months. They set me up for the 12 percent discount :)
Now...how can I cancel my FACT 3 month membership and get a full refund? Also, will the 12percent discount stay in my tmobile even after I cancel my membership with FACT?

I'm really surprised they asked for an ID...but NO WORRIES.....I would suggest waiting a couple of days and calling in OR doing it online (if you're able to)...either way, refund is for sure! and yes, it will be locked in on your account now for the rest of the time you're with tmobile. Just don't add anything else unless its over 12% because it will override the current discount.

TO cancel:

Here is their email in case you want to do it online : cservice@usafact.org and here is phone: 1-800-USA-FACT

"REVIEW ALL 3 BENEFIT LEVELS. DETERMINE WHICH LEVEL BEST SUITS YOUR NEEDS. THEN CLICK ON JOIN NOW AND EXPERIENCE THE ADVANTAGES OF BELONGING TO A FIRST-CLASS NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF VALUE-CONSCIOUS CONSUMERS. THERE IS NO RISK -- IF YOU DECIDE WITHIN 60 DAYS TO RETURN YOUR MEMBERSHIP MATERIALS, ANY DUES YOU'VE PAID UP TO THAT POINT WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL."

majority of the time they don't ask for any proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pervin_1 (Post 52384990)
does all this discounts apply to business accounts? i tried to apply FACT 12% discount,but they won't let me to do it,just because i have business account...i will try to add 10% later..thanks op anyway

I don't think so, you're applying a corporate discount to begin with and I'm pretty sure you need to be the account holder. They will tell you to talk to your employer about it and go through them.

m4rkz0r 08-11-2012 06:03 AM

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and got 15% by telling them I used to be in the US Army and I had 15% on my AT&T account and wanted them to match it even though I was not in the Army anymore. They required no proof.

hokeez 08-11-2012 06:21 AM

The list of employers and universities that offer discounts to cell companies is longer than you'd think.

I got 20% off at&t through lowes. Then I switched to Verizon and got the same discount. Now with Bank of America I still get 20% off Verizon.

Technosquid 08-11-2012 06:23 AM

I did this last year when it was offered by Freelancers Union. Got me 10% off my monthly bill and got all five $35 activation fees eliminated because my family plan contract was less than a month old.

billcsho 08-11-2012 06:56 AM

AAA members also has the same discount.

Deadlyinx 08-11-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokeez (Post 52385338)
The list of employers and universities that offer discounts to cell companies is longer than you'd think.

I got 20% off at&t through lowes. Then I switched to Verizon and got the same discount. Now with Bank of America I still get 20% off Verizon.

I get 23% in AT&T from Walgreens.
My friend is in Sears and he is getting 23% off from sears.
Sign up for AT&T corporate discount is easy, its online. But they will send the confirmation mail to your company's mail ID.

dloski 08-11-2012 07:15 AM

Thank you

Thank you!! I hadn't called them in several years, renewed the contract for another 2 years under the new plan which saved me $22 per month in addition to the 12% discount I will get. They did require me to give a membership number for FACT, I also did the $12 for a 3 month membership.

yudaman 08-11-2012 07:25 AM

Wow I think you just saved me 12% on my bill and $2100 for my schools health insurance that I can waiver now!

Fightforit 08-11-2012 07:28 AM

OK guys, thanks...i EDITED the original post a bit. Seems like quite a few are getting asked for ID's, not sure how many are slipping by w/out....

franzcatch 08-11-2012 07:34 AM

Will this work on value plans?

yudaman 08-11-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52385800)
OK guys, thanks...i EDITED the original post a bit. Seems like quite a few are getting asked for ID's, not sure how many are slipping by w/out....

They didn't ask me for my ID number, but they did ask me for the FACT phone number. I just gave them my ID number since I signed up for an insurance waiver for my school...
Btw, the number is 1-800-872-3228 for the FACT number
Oh, and it took me longer than 30 secs. They made me listen to a recording and verify the 2 year contract extension and all the disclaimers.

SlickDillie 08-11-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franzcatch (Post 52385882)
Will this work on value plans?

My corp discount works on my Value Plan

jcrash 08-11-2012 08:08 AM

does this apply to value plans?

beachgirl67 08-11-2012 08:19 AM

I joined Freelancers a couple of years ago and tried to get the T-Mobile discount then. I was told I couldn't as I already had a T-Mobile account. They said I could only get the discount with a new account. GGGRR.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrash (Post 52386218)
does this apply to value plans?

should have no problem.

Only business accounts and pre paid will have issues I believe...

qualityeye 08-11-2012 08:35 AM

I've been a member of the Freelancers Union for several years now and never thought about looking at their discounts.

So I called T-Mobile, they said I need to renew for two more years. I told them I don't want it since I'm planning on staying off contract and buying my own phones when my contract ends in a few months.

I also noticed they had discounts for Geico. I called Geico and they said I'm already at their lowest pricing, but at my renewal I might be able to get the discount.

verde 08-11-2012 09:17 AM

Worked for me!

First I signed up online for FACT.

I tried the T-mobile online chat and they gave me an 800 number to call. The phone rep didn't know about this promo either and said said to go to T-mobile store, meh. Use the 800 number provided by the OP.

I realized I was paying $5 extra month for a line that hardly gets used. I was transferred to the "loyalty" department to hopefully cancel before extending my contract. Technically I'm bound by the contract so the nice rep gave me $5 credit for 24 months instead.

Called t-mobile back ready to apply promo code.

Rep asked for both the promo code and member ID.

I'm on a new contract now. Thanks OP.

mrgodai 08-11-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verde (Post 52387016)
Worked for me!

First I signed up online for FACT.

I tried the T-mobile online chat and they gave me an 800 number to call. The phone rep didn't know about this promo either and said said to go to T-mobile store, meh. Use the 800 number provided by the OP.

I realized I was paying $5 extra month for a line that hardly gets used. I was transferred to the "loyalty" department to hopefully cancel before extending my contract. Technically I'm bound by the contract so the nice rep gave me $5 credit for 24 months instead.

Called t-mobile back ready to apply promo code.

Rep asked for both the promo code and member ID.

I'm on a new contract now. Thanks OP.

what's the exact number that you called and the promo code that you gave? they keep telling me they can't find 1004TMOFAV (OP) or 10045TMOFAV (FACT site)

verde 08-11-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgodai (Post 52387090)
what's the exact number that you called and the promo code that you gave? they keep telling me they can't find 1004TMOFAV (OP) or 10045TMOFAV (FACT site)

T-Mobile phone: 877-453-8824
FACT promo code: 1004TMOFAV

Try calling multiple times until you get a rep that likes helping customers.

mrgodai 08-11-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verde (Post 52387138)
T-Mobile phone: 877-453-8824
FACT promo code: 1004TMOFAV

Try calling multiple times until you get a rep that likes helping customers.

just tried again, they still can't find the code, but they were able to find "Federation of American Consumers and Travelers" and applied my discount.

backnmusic 08-11-2012 09:31 AM

IF it didn't require a 2 year contract extension, I'd give it a shot.
But thanks OP regardless. Great idea for a lot of people.

Cubeeless 08-11-2012 09:33 AM

Does it work for prepaid?

verde 08-11-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgodai (Post 52387194)
just tried again, they still can't find it, but they were able to find "Federation of American Consumers and Travelers"

That sucks. The rep that helped me knew about the promo as soon as I mentioned it, and I was extra lucky that after I hung up with the loyalty department and called back I got the same rep.

I guess you can keep trying until you get the rep that helped me. Ask for Melinda (I'm pretty sure that's her name). Good luck.

uws 08-11-2012 10:00 AM

OP:
1) Does this work on prepaid plans?
2) Could you give a step by step instructions?
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52383200)
I just answered this in another post because I mentioned that I have a 12% off discount through the federation of american consumers and travelers on my DTMCSA rate plan so I thought I would share it with everybody. I'm not a member and have had this discount for over 2 years.Was super easy to add. Everybody should have at least one of the 2 I posted below :)

Here is how it works:

Call T-Mobile at 877-453-8824 and mention that you are a member of Federation of American Consumers and Travelers. Give T-Mobile the FACT promo code: 1004TMOFAV, if they ask for it.

FACT PHONE # 1-800-872-3228

Might be easier to add it through the online chat via tmobile.com/ (this should be no problem) but I recommend you call! Just say you have a discount code that you would like to apply to the account and just give it to them real quick and hang up, don't spend any time on the phone. Point of this is so they don't ask for further info. I added mine a while back and it seems like a hit or miss on them asking for FACT ID number.

T-Mobile did not ask me for my FACT membership number to verify membership. . If you have to join FACT to get your FACT T-Mobile discount, it is still totally worth it. FACT membership is only $12 per 3 months and you can join online at usafact.org... You can then cancel it within 60 days and get your money back, if you want. You are already a member, if your health insurance is through Golden Rule

link to sign up : https://www.usafact.org/joinnowbasic.aspx

another option :

WOrst case scenario = add the freelancers union discount which is only 10% not the 12% like the above.

*ADD THIS VIA TMOBILE.COM ONLINE CHAT*
https://be.freelancersunion.org/d...corporate/ click life then tmobile to see
You will need your t-mobile information, your member ID, name of the organization (freelancers union/ working today) and their phone number (800.856.9981)

THat's it! Completely FREE to join and only takes 2 minutes.

Everyone who has t-mobile should have at LEAST this discount. It is easy, free and completely legit.

enjoy:nod:

mrgodai 08-11-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uws (Post 52387654)
OP:
1) Does this work on prepaid plans?
2) Could you give a step by step instructions?
Thanks

does not work for prepaid

phdo 08-11-2012 10:14 AM

Do i have to renew contract if use this protiom code ? My contract will be expired on Nov.

Thanks

slick_deal_now 08-11-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billcsho (Post 52385592)
AAA members also has the same discount.

how many % do AAA member get? i think my dad have the 30 or 60 bucks membership (i dont remember the exact amount) can i apply his? or i have to apply with my name?

KingRexNYJ 08-11-2012 10:20 AM

Am I eligible for this even if I receive a discount for being a student?

Karim2004 08-11-2012 10:36 AM

When you give them a member id, do they actually call to confirm if its you or not? Because I signed up for it in my name and the account is on my dad's name? Does it matter, or am I better of creating a account at freelance on my dads?

tlswofud 08-11-2012 11:01 AM

wait, we can get discounts if we're students in college?

do they give discounts for all colleges or certain?

fueradeljuego 08-11-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokeez (Post 52385338)

But maybe not as long as you think. I am an employee of a major private university (top 20) and was pretty astounded to find that there was no corporate discount for me. All they could do was waive the activation fee (big deal).

billcsho 08-11-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_deal_now (Post 52387936)
how many % do AAA member get? i think my dad have the 30 or 60 bucks membership (i dont remember the exact amount) can i apply his? or i have to apply with my name?

It is the same 10-15% discount depending the number of enrollment. I think it is close to 15% now.

last-shadow 08-11-2012 12:20 PM

online chat says freelancers union is not listed for the discount? :(

pervin_1 08-11-2012 01:29 PM

for small business customers like me ,these offers are for only family and individual accounts only

dadab 08-11-2012 01:32 PM

I am already getting a 10% discount from bicycle club membership like this. Will this give an additional 10% on top of that?

Gonzofreak 08-11-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yudaman (Post 52385772)
Wow I think you just saved me 12% on my bill and $2100 for my schools health insurance that I can waiver now!

Where did you find the school health insurance waiver?

jmschn 08-11-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadab (Post 52390558)
I am already getting a 10% discount from bicycle club membership like this. Will this give an additional 10% on top of that?

Highly doubtful that you can stack

myeric 08-11-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadab (Post 52390558)

I do not think it will stack.

noneoftheabove 08-11-2012 01:42 PM

do you have to sign a new contact to get any of this discount?

daddy_warbucks 08-11-2012 01:45 PM

Good deal. But I only have 8 months left in my contract so I don't want to extend it another 24 months. The T-Mobile rep stated I would have to enter another 24 month contract to take advantage of the discount.

Starrx05 08-11-2012 01:47 PM

Anyone able to sign up for the discount w/o having to renew contract? This type of discount shouldn't though. I remember when the Freelancer discount came out, they didn't mention anything about extending your contract. Maybe it's their new policy now or reps are just trying to get you renewed to get their bonuses.

myeric 08-11-2012 01:50 PM

I am a AAA member, Do I qualify? And what should I provide?
I am not in any contract with T yet, can I do it during the sign up?

jbrierley82 08-11-2012 01:51 PM

If you are not a member this is basically both a lie and fraud.

veggie59 08-11-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myeric (Post 52390822)
I am a AAA member, Do I qualify? And what should I provide?
I am not in any contract with T yet, can I do it during the sign up?

I have a AAA discount....but not sure if they are still offering them. I noticed in the last AAA newsletter that they are offering discounts for Sprint now. Maybe they are still available.

myeric 08-11-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggie59 (Post 52390846)
I have a AAA discount....but not sure if they are still offering them. I noticed in the last AAA newsletter that they are offering discounts for Sprint now. Maybe they are still available.

Thank for your information.
Do I have to call in? Or can I do it while I sign up the new contract?

Beatz 08-11-2012 01:56 PM

applying freelancer discounts renews your contract for another 2 years.

no thanks..

RRaffa 08-11-2012 01:57 PM

Will this work on pre-paid plans?

Avi20072008 08-11-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitechgurl (Post 52383350)

hi, if u are working for some "big" organization, u will get upto 22% discount on AT&T Bill. I am getting 22%. :D

godron 08-11-2012 02:04 PM

I'm a member because of Golden Rule Insurance... and I don't use TMobile. If somebody wants to use my number, pm me. :)

Outrager 08-11-2012 02:09 PM

I get a 15% corporate discount for T-Mobile. I also just recently switched to the Value plan (2 year extension) since I got a free phone from a friend and don't plan on getting a phone subsidized and for some reason they said I had a $10/month discount for 2 years on top of my corporate discount and the cheaper Value plan. I didn't really ask why they were offering me the monthly discount, but I just kept asking to confirm it's on it.

Also, I found that if you want to talk to a non-outsourced customer service rep you should call up the T-Mobile customer service line and when the computer lady asks what you're calling about just say "Retention".

plantmatter 08-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrierley82 (Post 52390838)
If you are not a member this is basically both a lie and fraud.

I am with you on that. I am sure there are some that will come to realize that they are acting as petty criminals. No better than the chinese farmers puting chemicals in the milk!

ok so perhaps not that bad.... ;)

warmachinev3 08-11-2012 02:17 PM

Only works if you renew your account when applying the Freelancer's union 10% discount. Tmobile offers no phones and expensives plans only now. Not worth the time or effort for those who are still trying to get the 10% off

jbrierley82 08-11-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plantmatter (Post 52391182)
I am with you on that. I am sure there are some that will come to realize that they are acting as petty criminals. No better than the chinese farmers puting chemicals in the milk!

ok so perhaps not that bad.... ;)

Glad someone agrees

Potapinkco 08-11-2012 02:26 PM

It renews your contract from the day you apply the discount. So for me, my contract is extended til Aug 2014. My previous contract already went to Aug/Sept. 2013 so I basically only had to extend for one year.

MeatCatalog 08-11-2012 02:38 PM

I used to have a 25% discount with sprint before I left. Even with the 25% my bill was $71/mo. Very glad to be off the phone upgrade & contract treadmill and getting everything unlimited with $40/mo straight talk 6 months prepaid. Trumps every discount out there for the big 4.

EthanJM 08-11-2012 02:41 PM

I just called T-Mobile. Got the 12% discount as well as the $10 off for 24 months. He also gave me $110.00 credit to my account for being a loyal customer. Then my lines/extensions got reduced from $10/mo to only $5/mo.

Yes, this will extend your contract for 24 months.

veggie59 08-11-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myeric (Post 52390874)
Thank for your information.
Do I have to call in? Or can I do it while I sign up the new contract?

I would say call and ask about it. I have had the discount for a few years now.

veggie59 08-11-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanJM (Post 52391526)
I just called T-Mobile. Got the 12% discount as well as the $10 off for 24 months. He also gave me $110.00 credit to my account for being a loyal customer. Then my lines/extensions got reduced from $10/mo to only $5/mo.

What type of plan do you have?? Why did they give you a credit like that?? Just curious as hubby needs a new phone but they are trying to get us into a 2 years contract and we have always had 1 year contracts. Been with TMO over 10 years.

haicent 08-11-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

---

How did u get the $10 off per month ?

EthanJM 08-11-2012 02:47 PM

Called T-mobile again and verified that AAA membership will only get free month service and free activation for NEW ACCOUNTS.ONLY.

WarriorsZ 08-11-2012 02:48 PM

Not worth it for a 2 year contract extension on EVERY line.

EthanJM 08-11-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggie59 (Post 52391580)
What type of plan do you have?? Why did they give you a credit like that?? Just curious as hubby needs a new phone but they are trying to get us into a 2 years contract and we have always had 1 year contracts. Been with TMO over 10 years.

Our family plan (4 lines) is only $49.00 per month. But this plan doesn't exist anymore. We also have T-mobile landline which is only $10/mo with unlimited calls anywhere in the US and Puerto Rico.

Albo23 08-11-2012 02:49 PM

Which one does not extend your plan 24 months?

EthanJM 08-11-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haicent (Post 52391584)
---

I told the rep I will cancel one of our lines and he offered me the $10 off every month for 24 months.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRexNYJ (Post 52387954)
Am I eligible for this even if I receive a discount for being a student?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karim2004 (Post 52388190)
When you give them a member id, do they actually call to confirm if its you or not? Because I signed up for it in my name and the account is on my dad's name? Does it matter, or am I better of creating a account at freelance on my dads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmschn (Post 52390646)
Highly doubtful that you can stack

Quote:

Originally Posted by noneoftheabove (Post 52390708)
do you have to sign a new contact to get any of this discount?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRaffa (Post 52390910)
Will this work on pre-paid plans?

no, you can't stack discounts.

NO, they don't confirm.

No, it doesn't matter, if they let you apply the discount to your dad's account then it worked.

yes, they want renewal of contract for the 12% pre tax discount. Does not ruin your phone upgrade chances in any way though.

and no, does not work on prepaid plans and if you have a business account they will tell you to go through your employer.

veggie59 08-11-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanJM (Post 52391630)
Our family plan (4 lines) is only $49.00 per month. But this plan doesn't exist anymore. We also have T-mobile landline which is only $10/mo with unlimited calls anywhere in the US and Puerto Rico.

Okay.....we have an older family plan for $49 as well with 4 lines. Two have data and 2 do not...plus myfaves and family texting. Still doesn't make sense why they gave you a $110 credit. Hopefully it will actuall appear on your bill as a credit.

Oh the discount on the lines is only till Jan 2014 then it goes back to $10 line. They offered me $10 discount since almost all phones require data and hubby doesn't want it. They said it would offset the 200mb plan. They didn't tell me about the $5 per line...i saw that online.

zapatista 08-11-2012 02:54 PM

Well, I was with T-Mobile for several years and finally decided to see how pre-paid would work. I had 1000 minutes w/free nights and weekends for $39.99 + $25 old android unlimited (5gb) data and 400 text messages from when the G-1 came out. My employee (fed. govt.) discount was 15% so my bill ran around $65 a month. Using straight talk now with the $45 everything unlimited plan (data capped at 2gb or so in reality) and it's $45 a month. It's the same service.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haicent (Post 52391584)
---

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanJM (Post 52391642)
I told the rep I will cancel one of our lines and he offered me the $10 off every month for 24 months.

I too was offered the data and then declined, they then offered me the $10 off per month for the next 24 months.I originally called loyalty to inquite about phone pricing so you don't have to lead in with a cancellation, just an fyi

ASK TO BE TRANSFERRED TO THE LOYALTY DEPARTMENT. TELL THEM YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT CANCELLING OR POSSIBLY BUYING A NEW PHONE DEPENDING ON HOW THIS CONVO GOES...ASK WHAT THEY CAN DO TO LOWER YOUR BILL AND IF THEY DON'T OFFER IT , THEN BRING IT UP! LET THEM KNOW A FRIEND GOT THE SAME DEAL, SOME REPS ARE A BIT DULL AND DON'T KNOW EVERY LITTLE DEAL OR TRICK OUT THERE.

THIS IS SOMETHING THEY ARE OFFERING FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. THERE ARE NO MINIMUM PLAN AMOUNTS OR ANYTHING AS MY PLAN IS ONLY 9.95 X2 LINES AND THEY GAVE THE $10 OFF :bounce: will take about 2 billing cycles to post though (im still waiting)

Outrager 08-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

I believe that extension line discount is -$5/month until Jan 2014.

chils41 08-11-2012 02:57 PM

Cool!

I have McDonalds Corp Discount on my a/c which is i believe 12%.

Can I still use this Code to get extra 12% ?

sdea 08-11-2012 02:59 PM

Rep op. Got it on my first try. They ask for my member ID / FACT phone number, and I just gave them the 1800 number and it work.

veggie59 08-11-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outrager (Post 52391738)
I believe that extension line discount is -$5/month until Jan 2014.

That's what it says online.....i added that info a few posts back.

Sassan 08-11-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chils41 (Post 52391746)
I have McDonalds Corp Discount on my a/c which is i believe 12%.

Can I still use this Code to get extra 12% ?

McDs is 18%.

Tell them you work for McDs. There is no verification process. You get 18% off.

I don't know what you're talking about......;);)

avidwriter 08-11-2012 03:16 PM

Seems scammy. Since you are lying to them about being a member. I'd say use with caution.

LpAs 08-11-2012 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Sassan;52391870]McDs is 18%.

Just called and McD's is 15%. They ask for your employ id # and your email address.

Chitown021 08-11-2012 03:54 PM

Got a 12% discount at the beginning of the year for being a state employee. The two year contract extension was a bummer but my wife needed a new phone so we were just about to do an upgrade renewal anyways.

Bobby_Pro 08-11-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avidwriter (Post 52391974)
Seems scammy. Since you are lying to them about being a member. I'd say use with caution.

100% legit.

yudaman 08-11-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzofreak (Post 52390644)
Where did you find the school health insurance waiver?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. My school has its own health insurance waiver form and I am just using the FACT membership to fill it out.

7seasapart 08-11-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddiesDaddy (Post 52383610)
OP- Great post. Thanks for letting other SDers know about these cell phone service discounts almost anyone can take advantage of.

One thing to be aware of though is that adding this discount onto your existing T-Mobile plan will extend your contract or start a new 2-year contract if you are currently out of contract. This should not affect your upgrade eligibility though (e.g. if you are currently 6 months away from being eligible for a full upgrade discount, you will still be eligible to upgrade in 6 months, but this effectively extends your contract out to 2 years from the date of the plan change. If you then upgrade in 6 months, that would once again re-up your contract to the full 2-year term.)

Employer/organization member discounts on cell phone plans are a great deal that everyone should be taking advantage of, regardless of carrier, but I just wanted to make everyone aware of the contract renewal clause for T-Mobile (and I assume others, though I can't say for certain), as some people may wish to remain out of contract, or may not wish to stay with their current company for the full 2 years.

If it extends my contract date for two more years then thumbs down for me. As soon as my contract expires, I'm planning to have a prepaid pone number. Cricket and Boost are rolling out lot of good prepaid plans with smartphones.

Emjay 08-11-2012 04:32 PM

With all people calling in, I think the call reps will catch on.....that you guys are not members of fact.

Eltorito 08-11-2012 04:55 PM

So doing this extends my contract by 2 years? :S

I want the discount, but i dont want to be stuck with tmobile for another 2 years >.>

Anyone knows?

Thanks!

yoshimra 08-11-2012 05:03 PM

I doubt that it works with prepaid.

They tried to use that 2 yr contract on me and I said you need to throw in a fre phone if you want me to have a 2 yr contract. I told them that on Valentines day and Fathers day they gave away free smart phones with a 2 yr. contract. They said they couldn't offer me a free phone so I told them to stick it then. I said no deal.. goodbye!!

Chris4lulz 08-11-2012 05:13 PM

freelancers union discount doesn't work with anything but new lines or accounts

nyknicks8 08-11-2012 06:21 PM

Anybody with a small business plan get the discount? Right now I'm paying $45 for unlimited everything and 5GB data, but it would be awesome to lower it some more.

Potapinkco 08-11-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris4lulz (Post 52393370)
freelancers union discount doesn't work with anything but new lines or accounts

I added it to my account that I've had since '05. And I got my Free Lancer's membership instantly like the OP stated. They did ask me for my membership number.

Mzoomora 08-11-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NajibH (Post 52393156)
So doing this extends my contract by 2 years? :S

I want the discount, but i dont want to be stuck with tmobile for another 2 years >.>

Anyone knows?

Thanks!

I agree.

Great deal for those who can use it though.

Chris4lulz 08-11-2012 06:45 PM

did you add it today? I did call and they told me they can't give me the discount because of the agreement, it states only on new accounts or lines. Should I keep trying different reps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potapinkco (Post 52394214)
I added it to my account that I've had since '05. And I got my Free Lancer's membership instantly like the OP stated. They did ask me for my membership number.

handymom 08-11-2012 06:50 PM

I have no problem extending for two years. In fact, I just did that today with another addition. I thought this was a great way to SAVE, which I love - as do all Slick dealers. I called and had no problem whatsoever adding FACT 12% discount to my account. It was done. Over.

Then...my conscience kicked in. I called them back and said I was mistaken and that I wasn't a member of FACT as I had thought. The representative actually said, "I'm sorry to hear that." Kind of funny (why is she sorry I'm removing a discount I'm not eligible for?). The 12% was removed and I am now on hold for a loyalty discount. I've been with T-mobile since 2002, so I DO believe I'm eligible for that legitimately :).

I'm not making a moral judgment on anyone else, but it just felt wrong to me.

EDIT: Got $10 a month for 24 months. But it wasn't easy. Rep said that was no longer available. But she eventually added it. I'd love to know why that lucky duck got $110 also. Nice. :) But, not available for me.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avidwriter (Post 52391974)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_Pro (Post 52392490)
100% legit.

like bobby pro said, 100% legit! How does it seem scammy? You sign up for fact and get an id and bam, its' that easy... It's up to you whether or not you want to cancel fact.

what's "scammy" about that? :shake:

Fightforit 08-11-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handymom (Post 52394348)
I have no problem extending for two years. In fact, I just did that today with another addition. I thought this was a great way to SAVE, which I love - as do all Slick dealers. I called and had no problem whatsoever adding FACT 12% discount to my account. It was done. Over.

Then...my conscience kicked in. I called them back and said I was mistaken and that I wasn't a member of FACT as I had thought. The representative actually said, "I'm sorry to hear that." Kind of funny (why is she sorry I'm removing a discount I'm not eligible for?). The 12% was removed and I am now on hold for a loyalty discount. I've been with T-mobile since 2002, so I DO believe I'm eligible for that legitimately :).

EDIT: Got $10 a month for 24 months. But it wasn't easy. Rep said that was no longer available. But she eventually added it. I'd love to know why that lucky duck got $110 also. Nice. :) But, not available for me.

that's interesting, I'm glad everything worked for you. Have you considered just signing up with fact and paying the $12 bucks? I'm sure it'll be worth you while, and that way you'll be a member and you won't have any moral issues :)

Chris4lulz 08-11-2012 07:19 PM

So can you add the Freelancers union discount code - 7777TMOFAV online through the chat? I tried calling a few times. Same answer each time

i_is_surf 08-11-2012 07:39 PM

I have the no-contract even more plus plan. Does anyone know if T-Mobile has started allowing discounts for those plans now?

They didn't a few years ago when I signed up for the plan.

mizzlinhie 08-11-2012 07:40 PM

I wonder If i can tell them I'm a student. (I graduated last year) :/ Will they ask for proof?

Fightforit 08-11-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris4lulz (Post 52394760)
So can you add the Freelancers union discount code - 7777TMOFAV online through the chat? I tried calling a few times. Same answer each time

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzlinhie (Post 52395048)
I wonder If i can tell them I'm a student. (I graduated last year) :/ Will they ask for proof?

for the freelancers you need an ID as well with the code, you get the ID # after you sign up. what answer are they giving you each time? I recommend going for the fact promo. Sign up for $12 and then call with your fact id and give them the phone # i posted in the OP...if you absolutely don't want to keep the membership you can cancel fact within 60 days.

you can yes, but they need a discount code of some sort to input in the computer, so they might ask you what college and try to look it up that way. They might require an edu. email but I'm not sure on this. Been a while sinve ive been a student. A lot of the time it's as easy as them just looking up the code on their end and that's it, some reps requite more info it really just depends on the rep.

LesterGreen 08-11-2012 07:54 PM

Will this stack with 10% customer loyalty discount?

algorhythm 08-11-2012 07:56 PM

Does the primary account holder on T-Mobile need to be the member of freelancer's union or can it be a secondary account holder/spouse?

Fightforit 08-11-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algorhythm (Post 52395246)
Does the primary account holder on T-Mobile need to be the member of freelancer's union or can it be a secondary account holder/spouse?

I think it's ok. As you yourself are a MEMBER so you should get the discount however if they are wanting to renew your contract for 2 years they might need main account holder to authorize the renewal unless you're listed as an authorized user as well. Does not effect phone upgrades at all.

handymom 08-11-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52394638)
that's interesting, I'm glad everything worked for you. Have you considered just signing up with fact and paying the $12 bucks? I'm sure it'll be worth you while, and that way you'll be a member and you won't have any moral issues :)

You know what? That actually sounds like a good idea. Honestly - why didn't I think of that? Sometimes I'm so weird. Thanks for the thought...thinking about it :)

x_ge0rge 08-11-2012 11:26 PM

AAA is 15% discount.

Fightforit 08-11-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x_ge0rge (Post 52398362)
AAA is 15% discount.

Not sure I've ever heard of it being that high, it depends on the area you're in. It's normally 10-12%( if anything at all) and you have to show your AAA card...AAA normally deals with t-mobile and sprint.

heres a link for those with AAA and are interested in finding out what discounts would apply to them

AAA.com/Discounts

nhlman 08-12-2012 01:35 AM

I was able to get 12% off for being a Avon seller a couple years ago with only one question asked. You dont have to be Avon employee, when they ask for your rep number, give them your phone number.

zeeshansyed 08-12-2012 02:48 AM

Great post! I entered in the Tmobile contract (Value plan) about a couple of months ago. They have this buy one Samsung phone/tablet, get one free phone promo going these days. Now, if I apply for the FACT/Freelancer Union discount, do you think I'll be able to get that promotion with this since this is like entering a new contact?

Fightforit 08-12-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeshansyed (Post 52400610)
Great post! I entered in the Tmobile contract (Value plan) about a couple of months ago. They have this buy one Samsung phone/tablet, get one free phone promo going these days. Now, if I apply for the FACT/Freelancer Union discount, do you think I'll be able to get that promotion with this since this is like entering a new contact?

No. If I'm understanding you, you said you entered into the contract a couple months ago right? DId you use that time to get a phone? The fact discount is seperate from phone upgrades. IT will only reset the 2 year time frame. It won't reset the actual phone upgrade. Now, if you add a line you'll be able to take advantage of any new promos that are available at the time.

hope that made sense.:sleepy:

once you get the discount it will also waive things like upgrade fees/activation fees, etc. on top of the monthly %

Outrager 08-12-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Note that VALUE plans will not get any phone that is subsidized. You will have to pay full price for all phones. I think this is why VALUE plans are usually exempt from these promotions. (But you can always ask them about it. Sometimes you'll get a nice customer service rep who'll be willing to help.) You can, however, pay the full price of the phone with monthly payments and an initial down payment (I think it's like $200 up front and $20/month payments). The cheaper cost of the plan is the reason for no phone discounts. This is the reason I switched to a Value plan. Unlimited text for all lines was 50% less, data plans per line are 50% less, and I got 1000 min compared to 750 min on my old Classic plan and I'm still paying less on the base price. But I also got a free iPhone 4 hand-me-down from a friend so that helped since I didn't have to pay $600+ for a new phone.

The CLASSIC plans will let you get discounts on phones because the price of the phone is subsidized, hence the more expensive plans.

I think depending on your addon services and stuff you'll eventually pay less with a full price phone and a VALUE plan over the 2 years, but you'll have to calculate it yourself. Some people just like seeing the cheaper cost of a phone up front and don't even pay attention to how much they're paying monthly.

Crystllt 08-12-2012 08:27 AM

Hi, thank you for this post. I found out that through AARP I received a 12% discount with extending my contract by 2 years.

algorhythm 08-12-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52396636)
I think it's ok. As you yourself are a MEMBER so you should get the discount however if they are wanting to renew your contract for 2 years they might need main account holder to authorize the renewal unless you're listed as an authorized user as well. Does not effect phone upgrades at all.

Thanks, that's fine for me. Wife is a member of Freelancer's Union but she is not the main account holder.

carigis 08-12-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handymom (Post 52394348)

lol.. really. Did the rep laugh at you? if this was the wild you would have been eaten within a week. all the loyalty discount usually, is 100 free minutes. (but they suckered you into signing a two year extension for 10 measly bucks a month didn't they :) )

but seriously, don't feel bad because they are winning even in this arrangement.

1) they nickle and dime you constantly charge taxes they shouldn't (especially in california) etc. they offered me $20 statement credit once as a credit for a fee they erroneously charged duringa hurricane, and they told me I would need to sign a 2 year contract though to get it..

2) these people are snakes and customer service has plummeted since att was supposed to buy them out. getting anything done with them is next to impossible now. (they used to be the best)

3) people are signing up for a 2 year contract extension for free without even getting a free or at least discounted phone. So, they get to sucker you into a new contract for measly 10 percent off.

I hope most of you are smart enought to ask for a free phone as well if your going to extend your contract with a company that is dying and doesn't even offer the iphone. and by all means wait for the iphone which they probably will have this year (or next) but youll be ineligible for because you extended your contract for basically nothing..

Trust me they are hemorrhagic customers so fast, using the code for a discount and staying with them is probably the only thing that will keep the company running. people are running for the doors.

BTW. Straight talk wireless, you can use either att or tmobiles (and maybe verizon sprint, one of them anyway) network and only pay 45 month with all taxes included.

mrsbeswetherick 08-12-2012 10:25 AM

Thanks!

flecko 08-12-2012 04:37 PM

Yup, they definitely asked me for the FACT ID and the freelancers thing only works with brand new accounts with Tmobile, so that didn't work.

Fightforit 08-12-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flecko (Post 52410428)
Yup, they definitely asked me for the FACT ID and the freelancers thing only works with brand new accounts with Tmobile, so that didn't work.

Ok, I will edit the OP and add to the WIKI to reflect the freelancer's requirements... and yes, a lot of people are getting asked for the fact ID which is no big deal, you can sign up for $12 and get the ID, keep it or cancel for refund..it's up to you.

alex1089 08-12-2012 05:50 PM

I signed a 5 line value plan in november. Did anyone have any luck getting a subsidized phone from CS while applying the the discount and extending the contract?

handymom 08-12-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carigis (Post 52404046)
lol.. really. Did the rep laugh at you? if this was the wild you would have been eaten within a week. all the loyalty discount usually, is 100 free minutes. (but they suckered you into signing a two year extension for 10 measly bucks a month didn't they :) )

but seriously, don't feel bad because they are winning even in this arrangement.

1) they nickle and dime you constantly charge taxes they shouldn't (especially in california) etc. they offered me $20 statement credit once as a credit for a fee they erroneously charged duringa hurricane, and they told me I would need to sign a 2 year contract though to get it..

2) these people are snakes and customer service has plummeted since att was supposed to buy them out. getting anything done with them is next to impossible now. (they used to be the best)

3) people are signing up for a 2 year contract extension for free without even getting a free or at least discounted phone. So, they get to sucker you into a new contract for measly 10 percent off.

I hope most of you are smart enought to ask for a free phone as well if your going to extend your contract with a company that is dying and doesn't even offer the iphone. and by all means wait for the iphone which they probably will have this year (or next) but youll be ineligible for because you extended your contract for basically nothing..

Trust me they are hemorrhagic customers so fast, using the code for a discount and staying with them is probably the only thing that will keep the company running. people are running for the doors.

BTW. Straight talk wireless, you can use either att or tmobiles (and maybe verizon sprint, one of them anyway) network and only pay 45 month with all taxes included.

Interesting points. And likely true. But I had just extended that day with adding a line and getting a discounted smart phone, so the two years was no big deal to me - I was already in that. I've been with t-mobile for 10 years and don't plan on changing. They are still less than other carriers for my use. Even though they likely rip me off I didn't feel right about receiving a discount that I didn't qualify for. However, I may sign up and pay for FACT just to qualify. That will save me money.

Thanks for your input. Thank goodness I happen to live in a civilized world (rather than the wild where I'd likely be dead) where I choose honesty and integrity rather than screwing over those who may or may not be screwing me over.

EDIT: So, I just signed up for FACT and now I can get the discount in good conscience :). Thanks again OP. Great idea. FACT offers other discounts that could be beneficial to me as well. But just the t-mobile discount on its own saves me nearly $30 a month (five lines). Nice :)

hardash 08-12-2012 10:18 PM

will it work with prepaid?
THX

Fightforit 08-13-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carigis (Post 52404046)

:shake: Ok, you should really read the thread first before you go on a rant like that. Using the FACT discount has NOTHING TO DO WITH PHONE UPGRADES! You are not adding or changing service so It only renews your contract. The customer will still be elligible for a subsidized phone price right on schedule with their last phone purchase or upgrade.

and...

I happen to LOVE t-mobile. I have a great plan at a super slickdeal price. No other carrier can beat it or even come close to matching it. It's onl $ 9.95 btw :) Just because you had a bad experience with them doesn't mean everybody else has. Why on earth would I leave T-mobile and go to straight talk and pay x5 the amount? :lol: that's crazy

Quote:

Originally Posted by handymom (Post 52415080)
Interesting points. And likely true. But I had just extended that day with adding a line and getting a discounted smart phone, so the two years was no big deal to me - I was already in that. I've been with t-mobile for 10 years and don't plan on changing. They are still less than other carriers for my use. Even though they likely rip me off I didn't feel right about receiving a discount that I didn't qualify for. However, I may sign up and pay for FACT just to qualify. That will save me money.

Thanks for your input. Thank goodness I happen to live in a civilized world (rather than the wild where I'd likely be dead) where I choose honesty and integrity rather than screwing over those who may or may not be screwing me over.

EDIT: So, I just signed up for FACT and now I can get the discount in good conscience :). Thanks again OP. Great idea. FACT offers other discounts that could be beneficial to me as well. But just the t-mobile discount on its own saves me nearly $30 a month (five lines). Nice :)

Nice!! :woot:

x_ge0rge 08-13-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52398724)
Not sure I've ever heard of it being that high, it depends on the area you're in. It's normally 10-12%( if anything at all) and you have to show your AAA card...AAA normally deals with t-mobile and sprint.

heres a link for those with AAA and are interested in finding out what discounts would apply to them

AAA.com/Discounts

i got it applied at an authorized tmobile dealer (not corporate store) w/o showing any ID, but I am member with AAA anyways... and its about 15%, i can see the discount on my bill

o yeah I am located in Southern Cali :D

guyver2077 08-13-2012 09:04 AM

Ok. I guess what I really want to know is what type of plans you guys have and how much is bill after discount.

I already have a nice discount from Sprint but service has been real bad as of late. Contract is up so I can be tempted to switch or wait for all the Sprint LTE upgrades to finish.

AztecBoy 08-13-2012 10:22 AM

tried online support chat to get the FACT promo applied and they said i had to call the number (877-453-8824)

got the FACT discount applied - only asked for promo code and FACT phone number. i just upgraded my plans and phones so already had a 2 yr extension.

dscott7811 08-13-2012 11:10 AM

We have been getting 12% for years now since my husband is a Navy vet. Just called & asked one day. T-Mobile had no problem applying the discount. We switched to a value plan earlier this year & discount applied to the new plan as well.

hardash 08-13-2012 11:11 AM

Will not work with prepaid.

MightyAzn 08-13-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AztecBoy (Post 52425282)
tried online support chat to get the FACT promo applied and they said i had to call the number (877-453-8824)

got the FACT discount applied - only asked for promo code and FACT phone number. i just upgraded my plans and phones so already had a 2 yr extension.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the window of time they let you apply the FACT promo without extending the contract? Like if you just extended your contract, but then called back and applied the promo (at a later date), will they extend your contract by 2 years from the date you added the promo?

jackster1232002 08-13-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAzn (Post 52430576)
If you don't mind me asking, what is the window of time they let you apply the FACT promo without extending the contract? Like if you just extended your contract, but then called back and applied the promo (at a later date), will they extend your contract by 2 years from the date you added the promo?

Not sure but I renewed my contract literally 9 days ago, and they let me do it

AztecBoy 08-13-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAzn (Post 52430576)

it looks like you can add the promo at any time and it will extend your contract roughly by 2 yrs from the date you added the promo.

if you just changed plans, they may renew it to when you changed. i just changed my plan on the 7th and was able to have this promo applied, extending contract 2 yrs from the 7th if i remember all the mumbling from the representative. it seems whatever is convenient for them to have your billing cycle changed to.

slick_deal_now 08-13-2012 02:40 PM

Why do they need promo code. Cause When they look up fact they already said it is 12%.
I ttried 3 times and every time they want the membership Id..... But when I gave them the promo code they said the discount will only apply if the promo code goes thru, which he will not know until 2-3 days later?

Also I used the promo code on wiki..

I really want this credit but I already have an 6% and I want to make sure I have the right promo code before removing my old one... Thanks!

chils41 08-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassan (Post 52391870)
McDs is 18%.

I don't know what you're talking about......;);)

is it really?
then I wouldnt mess with it.
And No I dont work at McD,
I have my liquor store.

Fightforit 08-13-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_deal_now (Post 52431982)
Why do they need promo code. Cause When they look up fact they already said it is 12%.
I ttried 3 times and every time they want the membership Id..... But when I gave them the promo code they said the discount will only apply if the promo code goes thru, which he will not know until 2-3 days later?

Also I used the promo code on wiki..

I really want this credit but I already have an 6% and I want to make sure I have the right promo code before removing my old one... Thanks!

That seem a bit odd to me, maybe one of the reps left some notes in your account warning other reps...Not sure, I wouldn't really worry about it either way. when did you call, today? In 2-3 days if it's not there (when you call just ask if you're account was renewed instead of asking about the discount directly and if they say yes, you know the discount was applied) you should just sign up and get the member ID, it's really not a hassle at all and they can't deny you if you have the ID.

timlisten123 08-13-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tam421602 (Post 52384956)

That is good strategy.
let me know if you can cancel your FACT membership and still get the discount for T-mobile.
Thanks

MightyAzn 08-13-2012 05:23 PM

FACT is only 12 bucks per 3 months. That's 4 dollars per month. I'm sure 12% off your bill would be enough to reimburse you for FACT membership and more.

Fightforit 08-13-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timlisten123 (Post 52434012)
That is good strategy.
let me know if you can cancel your FACT membership and still get the discount for T-mobile.
Thanks

I'll let you know, yes..you can. FYI, fact will give a full refund up to 60 days after sign up.

guyver2077 08-14-2012 07:15 AM

So how much are you guys paying a month for a plan similar to Sprint's everything plan after discount?

MMakoto 08-14-2012 11:32 AM

so i just called tmo to apply this discount, the rep first asked me for the employer id, i told him i don't have it handy atm. he then asked for FACT's phone #, i gave him. then he asked for my work email, i told him it's too long and i don't remember it. i then said "i was told to give you the promo code only", he then asked for the code and i gave it to him. after a few minutes he prompted me to the automated contract extension message, i did that and spoke to the rep again briefly and he confirmed that the discount has been added. is there anyway to check online to see if this discount has been added?

btw, tks n repped the OP for the 12%.

alex1089 08-14-2012 02:56 PM

I signed up for FACT for $12. Called Tmo and added the discount.

I have unlimited value plan with text and 2GB data on 5 lines. Before taxes its $205, after discount it should be around $180. So around $200 after taxes for 5 lines doesnt seem too bad ;-)

Thanks op Ill rep when I get home.

Fightforit 08-14-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMakoto (Post 52454552)
so i just called tmo to apply this discount, the rep first asked me for the employer id, i told him i don't have it handy atm. he then asked for FACT's phone #, i gave him. then he asked for my work email, i told him it's too long and i don't remember it. i then said "i was told to give you the promo code only", he then asked for the code and i gave it to him. after a few minutes he prompted me to the automated contract extension message, i did that and spoke to the rep again briefly and he confirmed that the discount has been added. is there anyway to check online to see if this discount has been added?

btw, tks n repped the OP for the 12%.

Good job. Yes, you can for sure check it online once you have gone through a complete billing cycle (month) ...Could be sooner but I doubt it since it was just added. Also, When you go to "view my bill" and it shows the summary it'll be under "credits and adjustments" every month. It will say "corporate volume discount" then with the amount you saved ie : (9.50) it doesn't display the % anywhere. Also, once you get the statement in the mail (if you have that option) you'll see "federation of american consumers and travelers" at the top of very page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex1089 (Post 52460466)
I signed up for FACT for $12. Called Tmo and added the discount.

I have unlimited value plan with text and 2GB data on 5 lines. Before taxes its $205, after discount it should be around $180. So around $200 after taxes for 5 lines doesnt seem too bad ;-)

Thanks op Ill rep when I get home.

Nice, that'll add up over the months :)

EnzoFX 08-14-2012 08:50 PM

Just applied the promo. It was rather confusing! Can someone help me out here lol.

To confirm, I can cancel FACT anytime right? While keeping the promo heh. The terms of the contract stated over the phone seemed to be pretty explicit that it applied only during the duration of my affiliation with the program. Empty threat that they don't really check?

Secondly, I just signed up for Tmobile a few weeks ago. It's a new contract, which is why it was no problem extending 2 years ;-). But the promo said that activation fees would be waived. Are these on top of the first activation fees I got when I first setup this relatively new account? I'm wondering if it's a whole new set of activation fees since I'm extending the contract? Sorry, I just got a little confused in when they laid it all out, amidst tossing in words of waiving, and crediting and pro-rating... I was just glad to get the discount lol.

I can say this, my current balance did go down, they did credit me the cost of activation fees. Which may imply it's simply reimbursing the first fees I got when I signed up? But then why did she go on a little about crediting the account, something about 90 days as well... ugh. Maybe they're crediting in advance the second set of activation fees? In which case I still have the first to deal with? Which leads me to my last point, when I did first sign up 3 weeks ago, the Tmobile store said that they would credit me the activation fees, it'd take 45 days, and it's entirely separate from Tmo, seeing as when I did call in, they had no idea what I was talking about (I was just calling to confirm that a credit was pending or somethiing). How does this factor in? hmm. Ok, rant over =P.

moneysavesu 08-14-2012 09:11 PM

Wait.

Will someone PLEASE LET ME KNOW if I could get $35 activation fees waved (new account) if I use Freelancers Union? I was about to pay $140 activation fee for 4 lines (Value Plan).. Someone please let me know!!

Fightforit 08-15-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnzoFX (Post 52467552)
Just applied the promo. It was rather confusing! Can someone help me out here lol.

To confirm, I can cancel FACT anytime right? While keeping the promo heh. The terms of the contract stated over the phone seemed to be pretty explicit that it applied only during the duration of my affiliation with the program. Empty threat that they don't really check?

Secondly, I just signed up for Tmobile a few weeks ago. It's a new contract, which is why it was no problem extending 2 years ;-). But the promo said that activation fees would be waived. Are these on top of the first activation fees I got when I first setup this relatively new account? I'm wondering if it's a whole new set of activation fees since I'm extending the contract? Sorry, I just got a little confused in when they laid it all out, amidst tossing in words of waiving, and crediting and pro-rating... I was just glad to get the discount lol.

I can say this, my current balance did go down, they did credit me the cost of activation fees. Which may imply it's simply reimbursing the first fees I got when I signed up? But then why did she go on a little about crediting the account, something about 90 days as well... ugh. Maybe they're crediting in advance the second set of activation fees? In which case I still have the first to deal with? Which leads me to my last point, when I did first sign up 3 weeks ago, the Tmobile store said that they would credit me the activation fees, it'd take 45 days, and it's entirely separate from Tmo, seeing as when I did call in, they had no idea what I was talking about (I was just calling to confirm that a credit was pending or somethiing). How does this factor in? hmm. Ok, rant over =P.

Ok, yes, you can cancel fact within 60 days of opening...t-mobile is full of empty threats, ignore...and it looks like you answered your question about the activation fees, looks like it was on top of...I think they credited it back to you since you had just signed the new contract a couple of weeks ago. If you were 1 year into the contract and applied this discount they would simply renew your contract and any FUTURE activations would apply.

ignore the what the rep at the store said, if it's not notated it pretty much didn't happen. YOu'd have to hunt down the same rep and talk to him about what he had told you. csr won't help because they have no proof that you're telling the truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpillow (Post 52467864)
Wait.

Will someone PLEASE LET ME KNOW if I could get $35 activation fees waved (new account) if I use Freelancers Union? I was about to pay $140 activation fee for 4 lines (Value Plan).. Someone please let me know!!

Yes, that should apply for activations. Just make sure you do it through tmobile telesales or the freelancers website to get the activation/phone discounts ...

EnzoFX 08-15-2012 03:32 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Repped again =).

jjlasolas 08-15-2012 08:39 PM

12% off monthly Tmobile bill (Allstate Motor Club Members)

As an Allstate Motor
Club member, you
also get:
• 12% off standard monthly rates
• Waived activation fees
• More texts, minutes, and data at a great low rate
• Discounts on phones, tablets, and hotspots
• Add additional lines to qualifying family plan for just $5/mo until 2014

1-866-464-8662 Use promo code: 17614TMOFAV

PTA members - should be easy to get (don't know the % discount though)
promo code: 9788TMOFAV National (National Parent Teacher Association)

Fightforit 08-15-2012 08:54 PM

REPOST!!! http://slickdeals.net/f/5036672-T-mobile-12-or-10-off-total-bill

EDIT: mods merged the threads ...thanks :)

jjlasolas 08-15-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52495396)
REPOST!!! http://slickdeals.net/f/5036672-T-mobile-12-or-10-off-total-bill

I like how you jacked my thread...if you want to discuss discounts or anything else see link above.

just because you have a new discount name doesn't mean you can make a new thread about it for credit...in the thread above members are talking about AAA discounts, mcdonalds discounts, federal discounts...yet you don't see everybody making new threads with a similar layout for every single discount do you?

Sorry, I didn't do this for some "fictitious credit" from anonymous internet users. I apologize for the "thread jacking". Take a deep breath... was just trying to help, apparently, with poor etiquette.

dathong01 08-15-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Be careful with tmobile phone discounts if you are on a value plan. I too thought I could Get a BOGO deal and I called in and a rep told me I could. Then came my rebate and i only got $200 instead of my promised $600. They told me the rep was incorrect and value plans do not get those deals. They only get the down payment rebate, not the entire costs of the phone.

Long story short, it was a fight with tmobile resulting in me having to contact their contract review department and request they listen to the conversation I had with the rep.

They tried to make me responsible for the sales rep mistakes and they wouldn't give me my refund but after contacting contract review and having them listen to the tape recording, I was able to get my full refund promised. They said it was a "one time courtesy" which I find funny because I just got back what was promised to me. Tmobile customer service has gone down hill. Been with them since 1999.

moneysavesu 08-15-2012 09:58 PM

Do you think it's possible to

1) Sign up for value plan at T-mobile store
2) Call and ask to add Freelancers Union discount
3) Have activation fees waived. (in addition to 10% off)

For some reason, I can order new service neither through the phone nor the internet.
Something with my credit/debit cards.. none of them is being accepted. ughhh T-mobile will be the death of me.

Fightforit 08-16-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpillow (Post 52496456)

For some reason, I can order new service neither through the phone nor the internet.
Something with my credit/debit cards.. none of them is being accepted. ughhh T-mobile will be the death of me.

hmm, that's strange...just tell them that at the store, exactly what you just said here...just make sure you have all the info they need ie: member id, phone number etc...If worst comes to worst let them call while you're in there and add it for you.

EnzoFX 08-17-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpillow (Post 52496456)

I did essentially this same thing. Signed up 3 weeks ago, saw this topic a week ago, signed up for FACT and applied the promo. They seem to have reimbursed me for my activation fees as well, even though the TMobile store said they'd credit me in 45 days for them... I'm anxious to see next month's bill =P.

moneysavesu 08-17-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52517570)
hmm, that's strange...just tell them that at the store, exactly what you just said here...just make sure you have all the info they need ie: member id, phone number etc...If worst comes to worst let them call while you're in there and add it for you.

Thanks OP. You're my hero.

I do wonder, however, if I am actually eligible for Freelancers Union discount.
I did sign up on the website and got my membership number, but I am not sure I qualify.

Anyways, you saved me a lump sum of $$ (potentially ~$400 over two years)

Fightforit 08-17-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpillow (Post 52550322)
Thanks OP. You're my hero.

I do wonder, however, if I am actually eligible for Freelancers Union discount.
I did sign up on the website and got my membership number, but I am not sure I qualify.

Anyways, you saved me a lump sum of $$ (potentially ~$400 over two years)

Well, as far as tmobile is concerned, if you have a member id # you're good to go.So, congrats and Enjoy the savings!

Oldshose 08-19-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

i got it applied at an authorized tmobile dealer (not corporate store) w/o showing any ID, but I am member with AAA anyways... and its about 15%, i can see the discount on my bill

o yeah I am located in Southern Cali
How did you get this discount? The only discount AAA has for me is via aaa.com/discounts is $60 off one line for one month (yes I am logged in, if that makes a difference). I too am in sunny So-Cal. Is this a forsure discount or a crap shoot, depending on the tmobile store one goes to?
Thanks.

stash182 08-21-2012 09:41 PM

Is there a reason we aren't using the wiki to note discount %s? I think i'll start the ball rolling unless I'm missing something

Fightforit 08-21-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52586812)
How did you get this discount? The only discount AAA has for me is via aaa.com/discounts is $60 off one line for one month (yes I am logged in, if that makes a difference). I too am in sunny So-Cal. Is this a forsure discount or a crap shoot, depending on the tmobile store one goes to?
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stash182 (Post 52643956)
Is there a reason we aren't using the wiki to note discount %s? I think i'll start the ball rolling unless I'm missing something

Not sure how he's getting, only thing I can think of is that he's had it on their for a while ( before they possibly removed it?)..I checked and saw the same thing for so cal AAA...only phone discounts and what not..Just call and ask if you can apply your AAA discount then report back to us.

wiki hasn't been updated with %'s because people are posting stuff like mcdonalds and AAA and navy discounts etc...they aren't for sure, like the OP. Either way, can't hurt I guess.

Oldshose 08-22-2012 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52644136)
Not sure how he's getting, only thing I can think of is that he's had it on their for a while ( before they possibly removed it?)..I checked and saw the same thing for so cal AAA...only phone discounts and what not..Just call and ask if you can apply your AAA discount then report back to us.

wiki hasn't been updated with %'s because people are posting stuff like mcdonalds and AAA and navy discounts etc...they aren't for sure, like the OP. Either way, can't hurt I guess.

From all of my internet research, AAA and T-mobile don't have an agreement anymore.
Also, is anyone else having problems getting in contact with T-mobile at 877-453-8824?
I was off and on the phone with various departments for like three hours and they could never connect me and each give a different phone number to call. One representative went as far to say that the corporate discount has been shut down. Moreover, none of the representatives were able to add the discount and instead told me to download a form and email or fax it to them. According to the form, it can also be taken into a T-mobile store.

Fightforit 08-22-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52647680)
From all of my internet research, AAA and T-mobile don't have an agreement anymore.
Also, is anyone else having problems getting in contact with T-mobile at 877-453-8824?
I was off and on the phone with various departments for like three hours and they could never connect me and each give a different phone number to call. One representative went as far to say that the corporate discount has been shut down. Moreover, none of the representatives were able to add the discount and instead told me to download a form and email or fax it to them. According to the form, it can also be taken into a T-mobile store.

Try just calling 611 from you phone and speaking to customer service (billing dep) about it and add it that way. As far as that form, ignore that. You don't need that for adding discounts. Sounds like they just wanted to get rid of you so they thew you some paperwork.

also, which discount are you trying to get added? Should really have no problems with this.

Oldshose 08-22-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52647756)
Try just calling 611 from you phone and speaking to customer service (billing dep) about it and add it that way. As far as that form, ignore that. You don't need that for adding discounts. Sounds like they just wanted to get rid of you so they thew you some paperwork.

also, which discount are you trying to get added? Should really have no problems with this.

I am trying to add the FACT discount. Each time I get to a human, I ask to add a corp discount, and then they say that I can't do that you need to talk to this other department "migrations."
They put me on hold and when they come back say that migrations doesn't take calls anymore and you have to email/fax them. Sometimes the representative knows about the form sometimes not. I went ahead and filled out the form and sent it.
What I don't understand is that the department still exists (due to the fact that the form has to be reviewed by them) but they don't take calls anymore.

fthomps 08-23-2012 08:13 AM

Used your advice. Got 12% off for being a Clemson Alumni. Sucks it takes 60 days show on bill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkBimM3r (Post 52383486)
Every carrier offers employer or education specific discounts. You should call your carrier & ask if they have discounts if you work for a specific company, industry, or attend university or are part of an alumni association.

Back in the day when we were on the $30 Sprint SERO plans, they were dumb enough to stack the sero plan (already discounted as a sprint employee referral/kind of like friends & family of Sprint employees) with my employers 15% off discount. For 3 years I was paying $25.50/line until they started auditing all accounts & removing discounts. Now on sero premium for $50 with an iPhone which still isn't bad compared to the $80-90 I'd pay on AT&T or Verizon with similar plan features (500 anytime, free nights/weekends & long distance, unl data, text, pix, etc).. Sprint sucks but it's cheap.

Oldshose 08-24-2012 05:57 PM

After much back and forth via email with the T-mobile MCSA "team," they finally added my FACT discount.
This was such a PITA, but it will save me around $600 over the lifetime of my contract.

Fightforit 08-24-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52724978)
After much back and forth via email with the T-mobile MCSA "team," they finally added my FACT discount.
This was such a PITA, but it will save me around $600 over the lifetime of my contract.

I'm surprised you had that much trouble. Most people just called in and applied it w/out any issue. Either way, $600 saved for a bit of emailing/calling seems worth it to me. Glad everything finally worked out. :woot:

k0b3 08-24-2012 06:43 PM

I tried adding both types online and neither worked for various reasons. I already have a very old 15% student discount on my account...does anyone know if I should try calling for the FACT discount? Or are accounts limited to one discount at a time? Thanks

Oldshose 08-25-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

I tried adding both types online and neither worked for various reasons. I already have a very old 15% student discount on my account...does anyone know if I should try calling for the FACT discount? Or are accounts limited to one discount at a time? Thanks
It is my understanding that you can only have one corporate discount-- or in this case a student discount, associated with your account at one time. Although, you can have a credit and a percent discount at the same time. For example, I have a half off ($15) on my data currently and soon to be the FACT discount.

Quote:

I'm surprised you had that much trouble. Most people just called in and applied it w/out any issue. Either way, $600 saved for a bit of emailing/calling seems worth it to me. Glad everything finally worked out.
Yeah me too. I wonder why they gave me the run around. I had to submit that form twice and attach my membership email as an attachment, forwarding it wasn't cutting it for the MCSA "team." The $600 savings was totally worth it.

Fightforit 08-25-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0b3 (Post 52725590)

yes, it's limited to one % discount per account. If you call and add the fact discount while still having the student discount it will replace it and renew your contract...or the rep will advise you that you already have a discount and ask if you want to replace it and still renew your contract.

shyam09 08-25-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52731134)
It is my understanding that you can only have one corporate discount-- or in this case a student discount, associated with your account at one time. Although, you can have a credit and a percent discount at the same time. For example, I have a half off ($15) on my data currently and soon to be the FACT discount.

How'd you get the credit ($)? curious :D
and does FACT give free activation?

Another question: I was looking through my university store, noticed that they have a partnership with T-Mobile, but it's staff/faculty only. Seeing as people seem to get things working out pretty nicely with FACT, would it be possible to get the university discount (assuming i get the promo code).. the thing is I'm only a student, so I'm not sure about the verification. If that doesn't work, I'm a urlhasbeenblocked member and I get 10% off...

last-shadow 08-25-2012 07:59 PM

so the wiki states a 15% discount if you're a blue cross blue shield member (which i am). How was this confirmed?

Oldshose 08-26-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyam09 (Post 52743338)
How'd you get the credit ($)? curious :D
and does FACT give free activation?

Another question: I was looking through my university store, noticed that they have a partnership with T-Mobile, but it's staff/faculty only. Seeing as people seem to get things working out pretty nicely with FACT, would it be possible to get the university discount (assuming i get the promo code).. the thing is I'm only a student, so I'm not sure about the verification. If that doesn't work, I'm a urlhasbeenblocked member and I get 10% off...

A tmobile rep actually told me that I was entitled to a data plan credit. She went on to say this promotion come around frequently, once every three months if I remember correctly, and asked if I would like it applied. About the student discount, try and get a job on campus, not a work study one and see what happens.

stasek 08-27-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by last-shadow (Post 52743788)
so the wiki states a 15% discount if you're a blue cross blue shield member (which i am). How was this confirmed?

Would like to confirm as well....
Got my first full bill and yet again - wonderfull state of Illinois and the C(r)ook county strike again.... $23.79 in fees and taxes :( on the $99.98 plan).

ThatOneGuyWho1 08-27-2012 09:16 PM

Does this work on prepaid accounts?

Fightforit 08-27-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stasek (Post 52787268)
Would like to confirm as well....
Got my first full bill and yet again - wonderfull state of Illinois and the C(r)ook county strike again.... $23.79 in fees and taxes :( on the $99.98 plan).

Only thing I can suggest, If you're not going for the 12% fact discount, is to call and tell them you're a member with blue cross and see if they have a discount available for it. If so they will probably want a member #, if there is nothing available they will tell you. Personally I thought it was for employees only but, I could be wrong. Also, I think it varies from state to state with blue cross.

MightyAzn 08-29-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52748400)
A tmobile rep actually told me that I was entitled to a data plan credit. She went on to say this promotion come around frequently, once every three months if I remember correctly, and asked if I would like it applied. About the student discount, try and get a job on campus, not a work study one and see what happens.

What data package do you have? Do you know what's required to get that $15 credit/month? What department did you get that credit from? Retentions? I'd like to get that on my account too. :nod:

Oldshose 08-29-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAzn (Post 52835476)
What data package do you have? Do you know what's required to get that $15 credit/month? What department did you get that credit from? Retentions? I'd like to get that on my account too. :nod:

It was not retentions, just a regular t-mobile rep in billing. I am on the 5GB data plan. I don't know what is required to get the credit. As I mentioned, the rep literally offered it to me, I did not prompt her or anything. But I did ask if there were any other she could apply to my account, unfortunately there weren't any.
On my bill it is itemized simply as promotional data credit.

jimx200 08-30-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52647680)

TRUE..NO AA DISCOUNT..I confirmed with T-Mo that this discount is not available and has not been available in 2 years. What's really annoying (and dishonest) is when I was in a T-Mo store a few months ago and when talking about rate plans with a rep, she proudly stated that I would get a 10% discount if I used my AAA card. WRONG. Seems these T-Mo reps will say anything for a sale...too bad as they used to have great c/s..no longer the case.

tastyriceboi 08-30-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldshose (Post 52844438)
It was not retentions, just a regular t-mobile rep in billing. I am on the 5GB data plan. I don't know what is required to get the credit. As I mentioned, the rep literally offered it to me, I did not prompt her or anything. But I did ask if there were any other she could apply to my account, unfortunately there weren't any.
On my bill it is itemized simply as promotional data credit.

I got something similar. I was on the 2GB plan and they upgraded to 5GB for free for three months. I just called in to ask some general billing questions and then they offered that to me at the end of the conversation.

MightyAzn 08-31-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastyriceboi (Post 52847014)
I got something similar. I was on the 2GB plan and they upgraded to 5GB for free for three months. I just called in to ask some general billing questions and then they offered that to me at the end of the conversation.

That's nice. That means you also get the hotspot service for free right? After 3 months, could you just call in and get it again?

tastyriceboi 08-31-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAzn (Post 52890416)
That's nice. That means you also get the hotspot service for free right? After 3 months, could you just call in and get it again?

They said it auto cancels after 3 months, not sure if they would let me on that promo again. Yea, free hotspot

jay 09-03-2012 10:00 PM

Has the 12% shown up on anybody''s bill yet?

JailBreaker 09-03-2012 10:38 PM

Blue Cross Blue Shield 15%, free activation ?

how to get "Blue Cross Blue Shield 15%, free activation" discount?

shyam09 09-03-2012 11:55 PM

just switched from sprint. looked at the bill posted online (doesn't include corp discount) but damn all those fees and taxes are like about $20. good ol' sprint with crappy everything only charged me $10 :(
maybe I'll see a huge decrease at the end of the month when my actual bill is posted.

thanks for the corp discount :D

Fightforit 09-04-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay (Post 52951714)
Has the 12% shown up on anybody''s bill yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyam09 (Post 52953866)
just switched from sprint. looked at the bill posted online (doesn't include corp discount) but damn all those fees and taxes are like about $20. good ol' sprint with crappy everything only charged me $10 :(
maybe I'll see a huge decrease at the end of the month when my actual bill is posted.

thanks for the corp discount :D

Just to clarify, it takes anywhere from 1-2 months to be fully active on the account.
Completely normal.

Side note: I locked myself back into a 2 year contract when they had offered me a discount on a data plan OR $10 off my total bill for 24 months. Now, my contract started sometime 7/8 , and I have yet to see my $10 credit. (which is normal, will take 2 months till I see it reflected on the bill. So my bill cycle ends on 9/7 and I will see it on that bill. So, 2 total months since it was added and I'll be able to see it. Also, it's 24 months from the actual time it hits my bill and starts taking the discount off and not 24 months from my sign up (hope that makes sense)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JailBreaker (Post 52952388)
how to get "Blue Cross Blue Shield 15%, free activation" discount?

you'd have to apply through blue cross's special website most likely as that's how these things usually work. You might want to check with the member who posted it.

dloski 09-04-2012 04:45 AM

discount

I just got my bill a couple days ago and the discount is showing up already. I did the fact one.

MightyAzn 09-04-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52954254)
Just to clarify, it takes anywhere from 1-2 months to be fully active on the account.
Completely normal.

Side note: I locked myself back into a 2 year contract when they had offered me a discount on a data plan OR $10 off my total bill for 24 months. Now, my contract started sometime 7/8 , and I have yet to see my $10 credit. (which is normal, will take 2 months till I see it reflected on the bill. So my bill cycle ends on 9/7 and I will see it on that bill. So, 2 total months since it was added and I'll be able to see it. Also, it's 24 months from the actual time it hits my bill and starts taking the discount off and not 24 months from my sign up (hope that makes sense)

you'd have to apply through blue cross's special website most likely as that's how these things usually work. You might want to check with the member who posted it.

If you got the $10 credit from retentions like me, it shows up right away. What $10 credit are you talking about?

By the way, all of our bill cycles now end on 9/7. Lol.

Fightforit 09-04-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAzn (Post 52968014)
If you got the $10 credit from retentions like me, it shows up right away. What $10 credit are you talking about?

By the way, all of our bill cycles now end on 9/7. Lol.

what credit are YOU talking about? explain your convo with retentions.

MightyAzn 09-04-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52968628)
what credit are YOU talking about? explain your convo with retentions.

I actually did this a few weeks ago so I don't remember what I said.
However, on my bill, it is listed as "Loyalty Discount" for $10 under Credits and Adjustments.
Rep told me I would get $10 off per month for the length of my contract.

Fightforit 09-04-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyAzn (Post 52972848)
I actually did this a few weeks ago so I don't remember what I said.
However, on my bill, it is listed as "Loyalty Discount" for $10 under Credits and Adjustments.
Rep told me I would get $10 off per month for the length of my contract.

and what's the length of the contract? are you in the middle of it?

I was out of contract and then renewed based on this credit, so for me, it's $10 off for the next 24 months.

MightyAzn 09-04-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightforit (Post 52972906)
and what's the length of the contract? are you in the middle of it?

I was out of contract and then renewed based on this credit, so for me, it's $10 off for the next 24 months.

Yes, I'm in the same situation. I renewed my contract in mid August and applied the $10/month as well as the 12% discount from FACT that you mentioned in the OP.

franzcatch 09-09-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stash182
Confirmed Discounts
Blue Cross Blue Shield 15%, free activation
FACT 12% off
U of Michigan 12%, free activation

Where did you find this information about Blue Cross Blue Shield?
Since you added it to the Wiki I am assuming you know how this is achieved???

five40 09-10-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franzcatch (Post 53094458)
Where did you find this information about Blue Cross Blue Shield?
Since you added it to the Wiki I am assuming you know how this is achieved???

I can confirm the Blue Cross 15% discount.
I did it via email. Filled out the form and attached a pic of my Blue Cross insurance card then emailed it to T-Mobile.

franzcatch 09-10-2012 08:15 AM

Contacted T-Mobile just as stipulated in the OP. The rep said they no longer do this by phone and told me to go to www.t-mobile.com/corpdiscount
You have to fill out the form and email (or fax) it to them.

Here is the response I got:

Quote:

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile regarding case
XXXXXXX. We have received your request but have been unable to attach
your account to the Corporate Discount Program. In order for us to
process your discount, we need (2) two employment/membership details for
verification purposes. It can be your work/member email address, please
note that your email must contain your name and organizations? name
(e.g., J.Smith@ABCcompany.com), copy of your Company Badge, Name Tag,
Business Card or Association I.D./Membership Email and the completed
Corporate Discount Form. You need to re-submit it to
MCSAmigrations@T-MobileSupport.com or you can also fax them
to1-877-214-5937.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel
free to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for choosing T Mobile! We do value your business.

Lyn B. 1450160
T Mobile Representative