Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   XO Vision XD103 car stereo receiver w/ SD & USB $19 @ Walmart (http://slickdeals.net/f/5129590-xo-vision-xd103-car-stereo-receiver-w-sd-usb-19-walmart)

T_B 08-31-2012 01:56 PM

XO Vision XD103 car stereo receiver w/ SD & USB $19 @ Walmart

Walmart just dropped the price on this from $25 to $19, and you can get 97 cent shipping. It doesn't seem to be an official sale of any sort, but I've read that they intermittently drop the price on it. It was last listed here in May, from MWave, but their price is now $26.99.

I'm sure it's not of the highest quality, but if you just need to replace a broken radio in an old vehicle like me, it's an unbeatable deal.

Link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/XO-Visi...t/19854261

From the description:
XO Vision XD103 FM and MP3 Stereo Receiver with USB Port and SD Card Slot:
Audio output 20 x 4W maximum
MP3 playback via USB port or SD card slot
Digital FM tuner with 18 presets
AUX-in on front panel
Pre-amplified line-out
Half-size DIN depth
4-channel audio output
Electronic audio controls
The reviews on Amazon are generally positive [amazon.com].

Votey 08-31-2012 02:08 PM

nice deal :thumbup:

ponyboy10 08-31-2012 03:20 PM

Even at $25 this seems like a good deal.

isolatebody 08-31-2012 03:32 PM

Been looking for a low priced car stereo to use on my back porch with a line in for awhile, thanks.

peppermint 08-31-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isolatebody (Post 52891110)
Been looking for a low priced car stereo to use on my back porch with a line in for awhile, thanks.

How do you power this?

xtravbx 08-31-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppermint (Post 52891502)
How do you power this?

12 volts is all it needs.

Realistically you could run it from a car battery =)

Or an inverter setup.

Not a bad price if you need a quick replacement for your head unit, or to toss in a beater car.

STICKYBUMPS 08-31-2012 04:15 PM

I bought it as my cd collection needs to disappear. TU

christillman 08-31-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtravbx (Post 52891660)

Realistically you could run it from a car battery =)

Or an inverter setup.

Not a bad price if you need a quick replacement for your head unit, or to toss in a beater car.

haha. he said beater!

milfman 08-31-2012 04:39 PM

Be sure you know you car's DIN size. This is a half-DIN model so it should be small enough for about any existing radio slot but likely will require a mounting bracket.

I'm going now to check it out in store since it shows available locally.

ek9cv5 08-31-2012 04:42 PM

IN for one!

thesameguy 08-31-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milfman (Post 52892334)
Be sure you know you car's DIN size. This is a half-DIN model so it should be small enough for about any existing radio slot but likely will require a mounting bracket.

Actually, this is DIN. There is no such thing as half DIN. The other common option is double DIN.

frugalbrutus 08-31-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppermint (Post 52891502)
How do you power this?

I have some old power bricks that are 12 volts. I also have some 16 volt ones that when I opened them up i was able to adjust them down to 12 volts. If you don't crank the volume too high, a 2 amp power supply works OK.

also, one of these are handy to have around the house
http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-...+converter

thesameguy 08-31-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtravbx (Post 52891660)

There are a few laptop power supplies that would also work (cheap on ebay), or you could rig an old computer power supply to do the job. As long as you've got 5-20a on the 12v rail you should be okay... 5a for listening at a reasonable volume (with your stapler), and 20a if you plan on leaving volume at max all the time.

Put a toggle switch (for on/off) between the green wire and a black wire on the ATX 20/24 pin connector, and connect the yellow wire from a Molex 4-pin connector to the Ignition and Battery wire on the stereo, and black to black. You wouldn't be able to save presets when you power down the PSU, however. You might be able to use a 9v battery for that, though. I'm just not sure how it would work electrically.

pike1824 08-31-2012 05:10 PM

Looks like amazon price matched http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-li...dition=new

diljs 08-31-2012 05:19 PM

This is a good price, but 20W is quite low unless you're rocking some stock speakers.

omghahalol 08-31-2012 05:28 PM

Nice I have lost 2 stereos in a year cause of thieves at the metro. Have fun taking this one.

milfman 08-31-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesameguy (Post 52892464)
Actually, this is DIN. There is no such thing as half DIN. The other common option is double DIN.

I'm not sure what this means then.

AUX-in on front panel
Pre-amplified line-out
Half-size DIN depth

xboxer75010 08-31-2012 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by milfman (Post 52893260)
I'm not sure what this means then.

AUX-in on front panel
Pre-amplified line-out
Half-size DIN depth

Depth is how much it goes into the dash. This stereo is a one din but only has half the depth as a regular din stereo.

spunker88 08-31-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesameguy (Post 52892592)
There are a few laptop power supplies that would also work (cheap on ebay), or you could rig an old computer power supply to do the job. As long as you've got 5-20a on the 12v rail you should be okay... 5a for listening at a reasonable volume (with your stapler), and 20a if you plan on leaving volume at max all the time.

Put a toggle switch (for on/off) between the green wire and a black wire on the ATX 20/24 pin connector, and connect the yellow wire from a Molex 4-pin connector to the Ignition and Battery wire on the stereo, and black to black. You wouldn't be able to save presets when you power down the PSU, however. You might be able to use a 9v battery for that, though. I'm just not sure how it would work electrically.

A computer power supply will work especially if you have old salvaged ones laying around. To maintain presets when the power supply is off you could use a battery with a diode (to prevent the power supply from trying to charge the battery)

thesameguy 08-31-2012 05:58 PM

Ah, yes, there you go!

telveer 08-31-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milfman (Post 52892334)

I'm going now to check it out in store since it shows available locally.

Its DIN but depth is half of normal receivers.

TomTerrific 08-31-2012 06:51 PM

Thanks OP and Pike1824, bought 3 thru Amazon (no tax), just have to wait for them to get back in stock.

JTRONX 08-31-2012 06:53 PM

The depth it goes into the dash is half because there is no cd player so it doesn't need the extra room. The front face is normal size tho.

neeser77 08-31-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesameguy (Post 52892592)

?????

Should be a Red, Yellow, and Black wires for power/ground.

Wouldnt you just leave 12v to the yellow wire to retain presets and clock and break the red wire just like a car ignition (or break the yellow wire and leave 12v to red)? I have done this for years in my garage and never had any trouble. You will need an antenna to get fm though.

tennaj 08-31-2012 07:05 PM

If this wasn't Walmart I would buy one for my work truck.. But I refuse to give them a penny of my money I know it won't hurt Walmarts bottom line at all ( well maybe around -$3000 a year in total from me) but this company is about the worst / immoral company in America. So no money from me :shake:.. Btw The TYT army is too strong.

kasedian 08-31-2012 08:18 PM

Does this play CDs, or cassettes???

INSANECANES 08-31-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasedian (Post 52895674)

No sorry doesn't play any of those new fangled gadgets.
This only plays 8 tracks. :lmao:

eggsalad 08-31-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diljs (Post 52893014)
This is a good price, but 20W is quite low unless you're rocking some stock speakers.

$20 head unit, yeah your defiantly rocking stock speakers.

ACT55 09-01-2012 03:05 AM

I know .. I know..... We don't listen to music on cd anymore... But still.... Would like a cd player....

jesusgirl2k1 09-01-2012 09:23 AM

In for two, thanks!

newdealforyou 09-01-2012 12:58 PM

What about installation?

defbrizzo 09-01-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newdealforyou (Post 52907964)
What about installation?

Just get a hammer, some nails, duct tape, spray foam and a torch. You'll figure it out!

Mundosold 09-01-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACT55 (Post 52901558)
I know .. I know..... We don't listen to music on cd anymore... But still.... Would like a cd player....

But why? Aesthetics or something? People were the same way when the 3.5" Floppy drive was being phased out like in 2003 or whatever. "It needs a 3.5 because it is a computer!"

treMMor 09-02-2012 08:55 AM

Just thought I'd offer my experience from the last time this was $20 (well actually I got model XD102 which looks a bit different but has the same specs).

I was initially pleased, but quickly started noticing it occasionally doing erratic things. It would respond to button presses sometimes and sometimes not, or sometimes it would respond, but do the wrong thing as if I'd pressed a different button). I was actually mostly OK with most of this because I didn't expect much from it anyway. But after about 3 months it just died completely while refusing to switch input modes as I asked. It wouldn't work at all for a few days then when I was at a red light I just tried pushing random buttons (which I'd already tried before) but this time it somehow woke the thing from it's slumber and now it's working erratically as before.

It's fine I guess as long as you know what you're getting. Definitely one of the lowest quality built products I have ever encountered.

thesameguy 09-02-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeser77 (Post 52894488)
Should be a Red, Yellow, and Black wires for power/ground.

On what, the stereo or the PSU?

Quote:

Wouldnt you just leave 12v to the yellow wire to retain presets and clock and break the red wire just like a car ignition (or break the yellow wire and leave 12v to red)? I have done this for years in my garage and never had any trouble. You will need an antenna to get fm though.
Sure, you could do this except then you have a multi-hundred watt PSU running 24x7 running a memory on a car stereo. That's kind of a sad waste of electricity.

binji 09-02-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treMMor (Post 52921720)
Just thought I'd offer my experience from the last time this was $20 (well actually I got model XD102 which looks a bit different but has the same specs).

I was initially pleased, but quickly started noticing it occasionally doing erratic things. It would respond to button presses sometimes and sometimes not, or sometimes it would respond, but do the wrong thing as if I'd pressed a different button). I was actually mostly OK with most of this because I didn't expect much from it anyway. But after about 3 months it just died completely while refusing to switch input modes as I asked. It wouldn't work at all for a few days then when I was at a red light I just tried pushing random buttons (which I'd already tried before) but this time it somehow woke the thing from it's slumber and now it's working erratically as before.

It's fine I guess as long as you know what you're getting. Definitely one of the lowest quality built products I have ever encountered.

I also purchased one of those at the time and have been having similar issues. For example, pushing the "mode" button will trigger a different button instead of what it's supposed to do. One day around New Year's eve (not even a month after having it), the entire face plate popped off and the buttons came out. I had to put the buttons back in and tape the face plate together b/c it split in 2. Instead of purchasing the XO Vision low quality receiver and having to replace it in a few months, it's better to just buy 1 good quality receiver and not have to worry about replacing it.

absolute42 09-02-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binji (Post 52923040)
I also purchased one of those at the time and have been having similar issues. For example, pushing the "mode" button will trigger a different button instead of what it's supposed to do. One day around New Year's eve (not even a month after having it), the entire face plate popped off and the buttons came out. I had to put the buttons back in and tape the face plate together b/c it split in 2. Instead of purchasing the XO Vision low quality receiver and having to replace it in a few months, it's better to just buy 1 good quality receiver and not have to worry about replacing it.

lmao, thats hilarious.

in for 1

tbone209 09-02-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasedian (Post 52895674)

8 Track Player :lol:

GnatGoSplat 09-02-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesameguy (Post 52892464)

Half-DIN height does (or did) exist, but usually it was for EQs and other add-ons. I remember half-DIN EQs and even add-on tape players in the 90s. They were handy for if you had a car with a crappy 1.5-DIN hole like many GM and Chryslers of that era and wanted something to fill the entire hole instead of half-DIN worth of blank space.

eggsalad 09-02-2012 04:59 PM

Wow It took a really long time to realize there is no CD player here

eggsalad 09-02-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newdealforyou (Post 52907964)
What about installation?

You need to worry about people uninstalling this around 1a.m.

SoMuchToGrok 09-02-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRidley (Post 52910456)
But why? Aesthetics or something? People were the same way when the 3.5" Floppy drive was being phased out like in 2003 or whatever. "It needs a 3.5 because it is a computer!"

MP3 CDs still have plenty of use.

I can throw 80 or so songs on it, and it'll play in better quality than most mp3 players.

The integrated headphone amp they put in your typical MP3 player hinders sound quality a little. Sure, they sound fine with headphones. But the output is going to already amplified speakers.

It's also one less thing to worry about getting stolen from the car. I dropped $250 on my ipod so I'd like to keep it as long as I can.

unhuman 09-02-2012 05:54 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about amps needed... Guess there's no real solution to using this in the house (at a decent volume).

Thanks for saving me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugalbrutus (Post 52892510)
I have some old power bricks that are 12 volts. I also have some 16 volt ones that when I opened them up i was able to adjust them down to 12 volts. If you don't crank the volume too high, a 2 amp power supply works OK.

also, one of these are handy to have around the house
http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-...+converter

Danny1925 09-02-2012 06:33 PM

was tempted to get one.. since my subaru needs a half size radio.. but 2 out of 2 reviews say they suck.. i'm not so sure now... my old vintage subaru only has a half size depth.. so screw it i'll leave this beater stereo that only plays cds' in it. i dont' drive it much anyway lol

wait, what is amazons return policy? hmm?

Danny1925 09-02-2012 06:35 PM

wait.. no face offf? no deal.. i don't need any crack heads breaking my window for a crap radio

Danny1925 09-02-2012 06:37 PM

wait a minute this one is getting some good reviews http://www.amazon.com/XO-Vision-X...ewpoints=1

Danny1925 09-02-2012 06:40 PM

amazon is OOS and people complain about teh slow restock times

Danny1925 09-02-2012 06:43 PM

I wonder what ebay has in comparison..

Danny1925 09-09-2012 06:45 AM

anyone got theirs ? i'm still thinking of ordering it.. or this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-MP3...3a796ab96e

hmm no am turner? but it has presets.. hmmm.. might have to give up AM lol

Danny1925 09-09-2012 07:05 AM

forgot about teh non removable face thing.. darn it

Ron Lunis 09-09-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny1925 (Post 53079998)
anyone got theirs ? i'm still thinking of ordering it.. or this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-MP3...3a796ab96e

hmm no am turner? but it has presets.. hmmm.. might have to give up AM lol

I got one for an old 91 jeep cherokee. It's about as loud as me playing my music through my phone, if that lol. It also sounds like it's coming through a tin can but that's probably just my old crappy speakers. Works great, I just can't hear it over all the noises my car makes haha

Danny1925 09-10-2012 12:28 AM

LOL Thanks I think i'll avoid it.

cpnkate 09-10-2012 08:28 AM

Can anyone tell me if this will fit into a 2000 hyundai elantra?

I'm going to try it.... if it doesn't work it's just an easy return at Walmart.

seanc9781 09-17-2012 12:55 PM

Thanks OP for the heads up on this. I bought one, but for those on the fence on this, I found the unit to be of such poor quality that I returned it and bought the Alpine unit on SD from Best Buy.

I had high hopes for this, but it was simply too frustrating to use (could not navigate my music on the USB like I can on my Pioneer USB head unit). The unit also picked up feedback from the engine (unlike any head unit I have ever used) and the audio quality was not great. Decided I would spend the $ to get something I would enjoy using rather than be frustrated. Would be good for replacing a stereo on a car you are selling (pull the good unit) or for someone who only listens to the radio and does not car about having the best quality or sound.