-   Hot Deals (
-   -   Nest Learning Thermostat - $229 FSSS (

adster 10-02-2012 09:30 AM

Nest Learning Thermostat - $229 FSSS
Hey everyone! If you're interested in the Nest Thermostat, they just had a price drop on Amazon to $229, presumably because an updated version is coming out that supports more HVAC systems.

If you're system is already compatible with the Nest Thermostat, theres not much difference between the current model and the upcoming one (a few subtle cosmetic changes).

I have had one of these for the past 6 months and I love it. It keeps track of energy used, can remotely adjust it, and it learns my schedule to save me energy.

Smalldog 10-02-2012 10:04 AM

I don't know that I would call this a deal. Everyone's going to blow them out for $229 or less. The new Nest model ships within the next 2 weeks.

Shade00 10-02-2012 10:08 AM

Hopefully these will go down a little bit more when the 'new' model comes out. $229 isn't much of a discount.

masonrid 10-02-2012 10:12 AM

This is the new normal price. The new, just announced, model is now $250.

halzeimers 10-02-2012 10:35 AM

Wow these are expensive.......not on my gotz to have it list anymore. If it works, don't replace it.

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.6 -

trees 10-02-2012 12:15 PM

Bought a 3M Filtrete Wi-Fi thermostat from home depot [] and like the ability to control it from my iphone. No more need to run to the thermostat to change the temperature. It does not have learning like the nest, but is much cheaper. You can program in a variety of temperatures each day using their programming interface (see their itunes app screen shots []). I find the 3M thermostat touch screen unresponsive often and the programming interface hard to understant. Luckily the iphone interface is much better and easier to understand.

usawrestling 10-02-2012 05:49 PM

Anybody have any experience combining two thermostats into one? have wanted to get a Nest for quite some time, but the current apartment I am in has one thermostat for air and one for heat :(

NotReal 10-02-2012 06:53 PM

I never understood why people would pay this kind of money for a thermostat? Who cares if you can set the temp over the internet! What are the chances the thermostat is actually located where you would locate it to begin with?

I recently bought a wireless thermostat Made by VenStar - that lets me move the thermostat to where I want it - like on my desk or next to my lazy boy when I am watching tv.

How does heating or cooling your house prior to you getting home actually save money?

Here is was a good review on Amazon about the nest