Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   512GB Crucial M4 2.5" SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive SSD (CT512M4SSD2) $330 After Rebate + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5306850-512gb-crucial-m4-2-5-sata-iii-6gb-s-internal-solid-state-drive-ssd-ct512m4ssd2-330-after-rebate-free-shipping)

calistyle 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

512GB Crucial M4 2.5" SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive SSD (CT512M4SSD2) $330 After Rebate + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
Note: Site is still updating.

512GB Crucial M4 2.5" SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive SSD (CT512M4SSD2) [tigerdirect.com]

$329.99 + Free Shipping After Rebate [highspeedbackbone.net]

TDMVP73 10-07-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calistyle (Post 53772064)

Very good price on this SSD when you factor in cashback.

My recommendation is to use FW + your Discover Card to qualify for 5% on All Online Purchases. (11% total).

$349.99 - $38.49 Cashback (11%) - $20 MIR = $291.49

esjay 10-07-2012 09:29 PM

Weird how it's showing $379.99 after both Instant Rebate and MIR on site.

Anyway, this same drive was a deal for $305 and $325 back in June with no MIR required. I'm still waiting for a MIR-less deal. :)

TDMVP73 10-07-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esjay (Post 53772354)
Weird how it's showing $379.99 after both Instant Rebate and MIR on site.

Anyway, this same drive was a deal for $305 and $325 back in June with no MIR required. I'm still waiting for a MIR-less deal. :)

The TigerDirect MIRs come back pretty quickly.

This is still ~$20 to $30 under the cheapest price it's ever been if you use the cashback combination I suggested above.

THREAD #1 - $319.49
THREAD #2 - $305.99

The $305.99 price was very short-lived, as you can see by the # of Thumbs Up on the thread.

esjay 10-07-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53772486)
The TigerDirect MIRs come back pretty quickly.

This is still ~$20 to $30 under the cheapest price it's ever been if you use the cashback combination I suggested above.

THREAD #1 - $319.49
THREAD #2 - $305.99

The $305.99 price was very short-lived, as you can see by the # of Thumbs Up on the thread.

Yeah, I know it was short, but I was mainly focused on the point about the rebate.

It looks like this deal uses 4myrebate, which it seems most have been using. It says 8-10 weeks and they mean it; I average 9.82 week reception time.

TDMVP73 10-07-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esjay (Post 53772586)
Yeah, I know it was short, but I was mainly focused on the point about the rebate.

It looks like this deal uses 4myrebate, which it seems most have been using. It says 8-10 weeks and they mean it; I average 9.82 week reception time.

I average a much faster reception time on TigerDirect 4MyRebate items. Other rebates (Asus, etc.) typically take much longer.

TD Example #1:
Norton 360 Rebate
Mailed: 09/15/12
Documentation Received: 09/27/12
Claim Approved: 10/02/12
Reward Card Processing: 10/04/12

I'll likely receive it sometime next week.

So the overall turn-around time was ~ 4 weeks.

TDMVP73 10-07-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esjay (Post 53772586)
Yeah, I know it was short, but I was mainly focused on the point about the rebate.

It looks like this deal uses 4myrebate, which it seems most have been using. It says 8-10 weeks and they mean it; I average 9.82 week reception time.

FYI, I just noticed this is Model #: CT512M4SSD2, which means it is 9.5 mm thick.

The previous deal for $305.99 at NeweggBusiness was actually for the 7 mm drive (CT512M4SSD1).

Differences between the two:
INFO [crucial.com]

calistyle 10-07-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esjay (Post 53772354)
Weird how it's showing $379.99 after both Instant Rebate and MIR on site.

Anyway, this same drive was a deal for $305 and $325 back in June with no MIR required. I'm still waiting for a MIR-less deal. :)

While I agree that those prices were nice, I don't think that a one-time deal from Newegg Business is really comparable.

Also, Newegg, Amazon, and pretty much everywhere else is selling the drive for $400 or more right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53772486)
The TigerDirect MIRs come back pretty quickly.

This is still ~$20 to $30 under the cheapest price it's ever been if you use the cashback combination I suggested above.

THREAD #1 - $319.49
THREAD #2 - $305.99

The $305.99 price was very short-lived, as you can see by the # of Thumbs Up on the thread.

Both of those deals were dependent upon a Newegg Business coupon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53772328)
Very good price on this SSD when you factor in cashback.

My recommendation is to use FW + your Discover Card to qualify for 5% on All Online Purchases. (11% total).

$349.99 - $38.49 Cashback (11%) - $20 MIR = $291.49

Thanks, TD!

TDMVP73 10-07-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calistyle (Post 53773092)

Thanks, TD!

No problem!

Pricing is now LIVE.

sam19777 10-08-2012 12:16 AM

What's the difference between CT512M4SSD2CCA and CT512M4SSD2

Musgo 10-08-2012 12:17 AM

ouch with that price

hummer06ku 10-08-2012 12:14 PM

jw, do they have toolbox for crucial ssds like they have for samsung and intel?

hummer06ku 10-08-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53772328)
Very good price on this SSD when you factor in cashback.

My recommendation is to use FW + your Discover Card to qualify for 5% on All Online Purchases. (11% total).

$349.99 - $38.49 Cashback (11%) - $20 MIR = $291.49

thanks for the recommend on the fatwallet

codeaddict 10-08-2012 03:57 PM

$320 on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crucial-M...19d5e07aa5

Monk 10-08-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam19777 (Post 53775144)
What's the difference between CT512M4SSD2CCA and CT512M4SSD2

The CCA part has a drive copy kit so you can duplicate an existing drive onto the new SSD. The drives themselves are the same between the two.

kuripot 10-08-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53772328)
Very good price on this SSD when you factor in cashback.

My recommendation is to use FW + your Discover Card to qualify for 5% on All Online Purchases. (11% total).

$349.99 - $38.49 Cashback (11%) - $20 MIR = $291.49


How are you able to get FW and DCB to stack?

TDMVP73 10-08-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuripot (Post 53797770)
How are you able to get FW and DCB to stack?

Discover offers 5% Cashback on ALL Online Purchases from Oct. 1st to Dec. 31st to Discover More cardholders. It is the quarterly bonus, not a Shop Discover offer.

You don't need to click-thru any special offer to get that 5%, it will just show up when your statement closes.

All you need to worry about is clicking thru Fatwallet for the 6% cashback. :)

6% + 5% = 11% Total

kuripot 10-08-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53798044)
Discover offers 5% Cashback on ALL Online Purchases from Oct. 1st to Dec. 31st to Discover More cardholders. It is the quarterly bonus, not a Shop Discover offer.

You don't need to click-thru any special offer to get that 5%, it will just show up when your statement closes.

All you need to worry about is clicking thru Fatwallet for the 6% cashback. :)

6% + 5% = 11% Total

Oh ok. Thought it was for DCB, too bad I only have a regular Discover card...

RyanL 10-08-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musgo (Post 53775152)
ouch with that price

Yeah, I would like to see the prices of the larger drives drop some. IDK why they don't make more of these higher capacity drives in 3.5" form factor since it seems like most people use these for desktop drives. They could use larger internal components potentially making them easier to manufacture and cheaper.

dj-3lusion 10-08-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musgo (Post 53775152)
ouch with that price

when its -$200 from this or more it will be ouchless for me :). needs to be $120 or less. its getting there and when it does. :) :eat:

TDMVP73 10-08-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuripot (Post 53798562)
Oh ok. Thought it was for DCB, too bad I only have a regular Discover card...

You are getting 5% from Discover.... it's just not through the Shop Discover program.

It's the quarterly bonus.

What I'm saying is you're able to combine both offers since only FW needs a click-thru.

If you qualify for the 5% Quarterly Online Purchase Cashback, it will show up here:
Code:

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/rewards/app/cbbPromotion?ICMPGN=ACH_HVR_GETMORECBB_5CBB

dj-3lusion 10-08-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanL (Post 53798696)
Yeah, I would like to see the prices of the larger drives drop some. IDK why they don't make more of these higher capacity drives in 3.5" form factor since it seems like most people use these for desktop drives. They could use larger internal components potentially making them easier to manufacture and cheaper.

it's possible they want to stay small since its memory really. its like using the old 5.25" floppies vs 3.5" and they keep getting smaller to the size of a microSD card!!!!

Musgo 10-08-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 53799346)
when its -$200 from this or more it will be ouchless for me :). needs to be $120 or less. its getting there and when it does. :) :eat:

i can buy another laptop with that money, at $120 i would bite the bullet too :)

dj-3lusion 10-08-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musgo (Post 53799456)
i can buy another laptop with that money, at $120 i would bite the bullet too :)

exactly this is why i refuse to pay more than $120 for any damn drive regardless of size shape or what over flooded country it came from. I set my limits and never have 1 ounce of regret.. its the time of impulse to say oooh ahh gotta blow $300 then 6 - 12 months rolls by and say aw fark its now $100! so Ive learned not to buy stuff that just depreciates value over time. ie tech items unless its a price im ok regardless if it hits -10 via clearance

RyanL 10-09-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 53799418)
it's possible they want to stay small since its memory really. its like using the old 5.25" floppies vs 3.5" and they keep getting smaller to the size of a microSD card!!!!

I know the natural progression of tech items is to make them smaller, but you cannot tell me that smaller is less expensive to manufacture. And I seriously doubt that the 3.5" drive bay for desktop computers is going anywhere in the near future. If they could make something like 1TB SSD drive in the 3.5" size and sell it for $200 or so, they would sell like crazy. I wouldn't ever buy a spinning platter hard drive again.

hummer06ku 10-09-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 53799568)
exactly this is why i refuse to pay more than $120 for any damn drive regardless of size shape or what over flooded country it came from. I set my limits and never have 1 ounce of regret.. its the time of impulse to say oooh ahh gotta blow $300 then 6 - 12 months rolls by and say aw fark its now $100! so Ive learned not to buy stuff that just depreciates value over time. ie tech items unless its a price im ok regardless if it hits -10 via clearance

ive never seen a 512gb hard drive drop to 100 in a span of a year

BMWBig6 10-09-2012 06:07 AM

So now that the rebate expired, this is dead now, right?

Akarin 10-09-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 53799568)
exactly this is why i refuse to pay more than $120 for any damn drive regardless of size shape or what over flooded country it came from. I set my limits and never have 1 ounce of regret.. its the time of impulse to say oooh ahh gotta blow $300 then 6 - 12 months rolls by and say aw fark its now $100! so Ive learned not to buy stuff that just depreciates value over time. ie tech items unless its a price im ok regardless if it hits -10 via clearance

not one single bit of regret over here either paying $525 for this drive about 9months ago.
:)
I buy what it is valued to me at a given price, not what market price. I would rather buy something I really enjoy but depreciates then to buy something that I don't really want but holds its value.

esjay 10-09-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akarin (Post 53803484)
not one single bit of regret over here either paying $525 for this drive about 9months ago.
:)
I buy what it is valued to me at a given price, not what market price. I would rather buy something I really enjoy but depreciates then to buy something that I don't really want but holds its value.

Yeah, setting an absolute limit on an entire category of hardware forever seems a bit obtuse. But then so does depreciating entire categories of property at a given rate (computer hardware is commonly depreciated at a rate of 3 years for accounting purposes).

Depending upon the nature of the specific piece, I'd say that our hardware is trending longer towards 5-7 year useful life (for instance, SSD hard drives take away one of the last moving parts from a PC, and potentially could prevent hardware failure as a cause of data loss).

So, if supply is driven by demand, and demand for new hard drives trends downward, we may start to see a longer tail on manufacturer prices. It will still ultimately drop off, but some of these bleeding edge items (like large SSDs) seem to have maintained a relatively high price in the last year or so.

So, it looks too high to have paid $228 for a 180GB drive last year but, in the meantime, I also enjoyed a faster hard drive with decent storage space.

kuripot 10-09-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 53799368)
You are getting 5% from Discover.... it's just not through the Shop Discover program.

It's the quarterly bonus.

What I'm saying is you're able to combine both offers since only FW needs a click-thru.

If you qualify for the 5% Quarterly Online Purchase Cashback, it will show up here:
Code:

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/rewards/app/cbbPromotion?ICMPGN=ACH_HVR_GETMORECBB_5CBB

Ok, totally understand now, for some reason I thought it was a special promo for a Discover "More" card. Rep'd

dj-3lusion 10-09-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanL (Post 53801144)
I know the natural progression of tech items is to make them smaller, but you cannot tell me that smaller is less expensive to manufacture. And I seriously doubt that the 3.5" drive bay for desktop computers is going anywhere in the near future. If they could make something like 1TB SSD drive in the 3.5" size and sell it for $200 or so, they would sell like crazy. I wouldn't ever buy a spinning platter hard drive again.

im sure thats a possibility, but smaller is whats becoming more mainstream, that and cloud storage


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.


1999-2014