Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   AMEX Hilton HHonors Credit Card Sign Up bonus up to 65000 points (Expires 11/30/2012) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5376464-amex-hilton-hhonors-credit-card-sign-up-bonus-up-to-65000-points-expires-11-30-2012)

junkreceiver 10-23-2012 04:14 PM

AMEX Hilton HHonors Credit Card Sign Up bonus up to 65000 points (Expires 11/30/2012)

1 Attachment(s)
LINK [americanexpress.com]

Receive up to 65,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points

Get 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $750 with your Card within the first three months of Cardmembership1

Get an additional 25,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 with your Card within the first six months of Cardmembership2
  • Earn 6 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands, at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets, at select major drugstores, on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and for U.S. wireless and home telephone, cable TV and satellite TV service. You will receive 3 HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of other eligible purchases.3
  • No Annual Fee
  • No Blackout Dates: No blackout dates when redeeming for hotel stays
  • Silver Status: Complimentary Silver status for life of membership
  • Offer Expires November 30, 2012
  • Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express® account within the last 90 days.

I was instantly approved with $13200 credit limit. My credit score is about 730 according to CreditKarma.

This is by far the best opening bonus for this card.

wikipost 10-23-2012 04:14 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Fine Print:

1 Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express account within the last 90 days. You can earn 40,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) after you spend $750 on eligible purchases with your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership. Eligible purchases are purchases of goods or services minus returns and credits, and do NOT include: fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of cash equivalents. The 40,000 Bonus Points will be credited to your Hilton HHonors account 8-12 weeks after the spend requirement has been reached. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Offer expires November 30, 2012. If your application is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for this offer. This offer is not valid for existing Hilton HHonors Cardmembers. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account. Additional Card members are not eligible.

2 Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express account within the last 90 days. You can earn an additional 25,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points (Bonus Points) after you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases with your Card in your first six months of Cardmembership. Eligible purchases are purchases of goods or services minus returns and credits, and do NOT include: fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of cash equivalents. The 25,000 Bonus Points will be credited to your Hilton HHonors account 8-12 weeks after the spend requirement has been reached. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Offer expires November 30, 2012. If your application is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for this offer. This offer is not valid for existing Hilton HHonors Cardmembers. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account. Additional Card members are not eligible.

3 You receive 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors Card from American Express. You will receive 3 additional Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, for a total of 6, for each dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands, and each dollar of eligible purchases at the following categories of U.S. merchants excluding warehouse clubs and superstores: stand-alone supermarkets; select major drugstores (select major drugstores are CVS Pharmacy, DUANEreade™, Rite Aid®, and Walgreen Company); on gasoline at stand-alone gas stations; and for recurring charges for wireless and home telephone, cable TV and satellite TV directly from these providers (excluding third parties and resellers). Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification in the Hilton HHonors Program.

Eligible Purchases means purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.

Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Eligible purchases will receive only 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points if the merchant code is not in a bonus category. Eligible purchases will receive only 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader or if the purchase is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. In addition, eligible purchases will receive only 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points if the purchase is not made directly from the provider of the goods or services.

Trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points &Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions, HHonors.com/Terms. ©2012 Hilton Worldwide.

© 2012 American Express Bank, FSB. All rights reserved.

MmmmJoel 10-23-2012 04:25 PM

With so much point inflation in the hotel space, it's getting hard to track whether these are good or not anymore.

Does anyone know an approximate dollar value of 65,000 Hilton points and whether they can be used at a decent conversion rate for anything other than Hilton stays?

FreeFreak 10-23-2012 04:26 PM

What can 65,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points get me?

mnmailman 10-23-2012 04:28 PM

Embassy Suites is about 35-45,000 a night.

Lower tier hotels you can get up to a week stay.

joelchan1966 10-23-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MmmmJoel (Post 54150480)
With so much point inflation in the hotel space, it's getting hard to track whether these are good or not anymore.

Does anyone know an approximate dollar value of 65,000 Hilton points and whether they can be used at a decent conversion rate for anything other than Hilton stays?

You can use points to buy things from their website now. Poor rate, I'd say ~$65 for the 65k points. Probably worth 2-3 nights for a 2-3 stars hotel stay. Not worth a hard credit pull, IMO.

rapidfire94 10-23-2012 04:51 PM

No annual fee may make it worth it as a 4th/5th card. If you qualified for Gold status with the 65k bonus than I would for sure jump on it as a 4th/5th card. To me the AMEX extended warranty adds a nice value and with no annual fee can come in useful.

EricDee 10-23-2012 04:53 PM

applied. i have been meaning to get hilton honors anyhow. thanks OP

jp72 10-23-2012 05:01 PM

Also good for amex promtions through facebook. foursquare, twitter and small business days...

vaultaddict 10-23-2012 05:19 PM

I'm in. Need Mooarr SBS cards!

1200mk 10-23-2012 05:21 PM

I got the surpass for the 12x$1 spent at hilton properties.

the.J129 10-23-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelchan1966 (Post 54150632)
You can use points to buy things from their website now. Poor rate, I'd say ~$65 for the 65k points. Probably worth 2-3 nights for a 2-3 stars hotel stay. Not worth a hard credit pull, IMO.

Actually the true redemption value of Hilton points lies in getting AXON or GLON rates [thepointsguy.com] for 4 nights- where you can get amazing values for 4 nights or multiples of 4.
For example - The Hilton Tokyo [hilton.com] or the Waldorf Astoria in Rome [hilton.com] .Or any other Category 7 hotel. [boardingarea.com]
These hotels cost over $300-$500 a night.

Using the AXON rate you can get 4 nights for 125-145k points. ;)

AXON5 (four nights in a Category 5 hotel) = 125,000 points
AXON6 (four nights in a Category 6 hotel) = 125,000 points
AXON7 (four nights in a Category 7 hotel) = 145,000 points

Jinjin 10-23-2012 05:25 PM

The Hilton Arc de Triomphe is a nice property but it's no longer a Hilton hotel fyi. Also Waldorf Astorias don't fall into AXON or GLON rates I believe. And 125k is only for Category 6 hotels, it's 145k for 4 nights at a Category 7.

porkyfan 10-23-2012 05:31 PM

Are there any hotels here you CAN stay at with points? I did a search for Phoenix and Seattle and no hotels period to use with points.

Pass.....

the.J129 10-23-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjin (Post 54151746)
The Hilton Arc de Triomphe is a nice property but it's no longer a Hilton hotel fyi. Also Waldorf Astorias don't fall into AXON or GLON rates I believe. And 125k is only for Category 6 hotels, it's 145k for 4 nights at a Category 7.

Thanks for the correction!
Though I believe Waldorf Astorias fall into GLON.

CDI 10-23-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 54151716)
Actually the true redemption value of Hilton points lies in getting AXON or GLON rates [thepointsguy.com] for 4 nights- where you can get amazing values for 4 nights or multiples of 4.
For example - The Hilton Tokyo [hilton.com] or the Waldorf Astoria in Rome [hilton.com] .Or any other Category 7 hotel. [boardingarea.com]
These hotels cost over $300-$500 a night.

Using the AXON rate you can get 4 nights for 125-145k points. ;)

AXON5 (four nights in a Category 5 hotel) = 125,000 points
AXON6 (four nights in a Category 6 hotel) = 125,000 points
AXON7 (four nights in a Category 7 hotel) = 145,000 points

I didnt know the rates were that low! I actually have enough for 2 AXON7s! If only I could justify taking a vacation :lol:

Also didn't know what GLON was till now. I think my Hilton Gold runs out next year, so this helps a lot. Thanks J!

CDU357 10-23-2012 05:56 PM

Thanks guys for clarification the value of HHonor points. I'm on the fence to jump on it.

420betahat 10-23-2012 06:00 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but don't you automatically get "GOLD" status when you fufill the spend amount and get 65k points? Darn, I just spent over $8k on something that would've netted me 40k points on that alone which would have put me in "DIAMOND" status. Also, I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inn before a few times and their breakfast is real good.

CDI 10-23-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420betahat (Post 54152418)
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but don't you automatically get "GOLD" status when you fufill the spend amount and get 65k points? Darn, I just spent over $8k on something that would've netted me 40k points on that alone which would have put me in "DIAMOND" status. Also, I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inn before a few times and their breakfast is real good.

I don't think this was the case before. I have reached the spend requirement on my previous card and have over 300k pts now thru transfers and sign-up bonuses, but I only got Hilton Gold through the Infinite Visa loophole. (Which was still active last time I checked...)

bobs184 10-23-2012 06:43 PM

Just applied and was approved. Thanks

BrinNutz 10-23-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapidfire94 (Post 54151060)
No annual fee may make it worth it as a 4th/5th card. If you qualified for Gold status with the 65k bonus than I would for sure jump on it as a 4th/5th card. To me the AMEX extended warranty adds a nice value and with no annual fee can come in useful.

Bonus points don't count toward base points. These won't get you any status.

I got the backdoor gold status in March and am eight stays away from Diamond. I have eight stays planned yet, so I'm good to go.

virtualmadden 10-23-2012 07:17 PM

Just to add to the discussion. I'm a Hilton Honors Gold member as well and the HH program is by far worth it if you stay in a hotel at least a few times a year. I get breakfast passes everyday of the stay and free access to the executive lounge when on the executive floors. It doesn't sound like much, but if your not picky about food it could save $30+/meal.

fd3sgsxr 10-23-2012 07:34 PM

This is a good deal. I should get this one. I only have the Visa for holiday inn that im using for stays. Im diamond on hilton and platinum on holiday inn. I like holiday inn beter as it has more hotels available and cheaper points per night stay.

InfamousDX 10-23-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420betahat (Post 54152418)

For the Hilton Surpass by Amex, spend $20k in a year, earn Gold. Spend $40k in a year, earn Diamond.

The Hilton card from CITI is the one that grants Gold status just by having it open.

420betahat 10-23-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfamousDX (Post 54154800)
For the Hilton Surpass by Amex, spend $20k in a year, earn Gold. Spend $40k in a year, earn Diamond.

The Hilton card from CITI is the one that grants Gold status just by having it open.

No, that is not what I saw, but hey what do I know. Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card get's "GOLD" status free for one year. Additionally I'm not sure this is the best bang for the buck on the Hilton Honors card. Hope all is well! :look:

jamissnyder 10-23-2012 08:45 PM

You can still get Hilton gold status by doing a virtual move to Australia.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/201...-internet/

Valid credit card number checker here:
http://creditcardity.com/

the.J129 10-23-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamissnyder (Post 54155998)
You can still get Hilton gold status by doing a virtual move to Australia.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/01/28/free-hilton-gold-status-free-breakfast-internet/

Valid credit card number checker here:
http://creditcardity.com/

That credicardity site is not a good one. You'll be stuck there for ages trying to figure out a number that works.

Use this link instead : http://www.elfqrin.com/hacklab/pages/discard.php

For anyone that's still confused -Here's step by step instructions that I posted a while ago.

InfamousDX 10-23-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420betahat (Post 54155650)
No, that is not what I saw, but hey what do I know. Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card get's "GOLD" status free for one year. Additionally I'm not sure this is the best bang for the buck on the Hilton Honors card. Hope all is well! :look:

Oh actually you are right... you get complimentary gold for the first year! And then what I said kicks in.

420betahat 10-23-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfamousDX (Post 54156480)
Oh actually you are right... you get complimentary gold for the first year! And then what I said kicks in.

Cool my friend. We are all here just trying to figure out the best way to accumulate. Hope all is well!

junkreceiver 10-23-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 54156288)
That credicardity site is not a good one. You'll be stuck there for ages trying to figure out a number that works.

For anyone that's still confused -Here's step by step instructions that I posted a while ago.

Followed your steps but did not get the gold status. No error. Everything seemed to work, fake address and fake card all checked out. Just no change in status.

Fujita 10-23-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

i just did it too no gold

Lurker247 10-24-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

:worship: I followed your guide and upgraded my membership to Gold! I'm suspecting you have a hobby of hacking right? Or the interest in studying it? Seeing as you know of that elfqrin site and all. Reps to you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkreceiver (Post 54158232)
Followed your steps but did not get the gold status. No error. Everything seemed to work, fake address and fake card all checked out. Just no change in status.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujita (Post 54159384)
i just did it too no gold

It worked for me. Did you log out and log in to see your new status? After generating a card number that begins with 411945-, did you also verify it was valid on the elfqrin site too? Try a different address I suppose. But it works and I am proof. :)

ETA: Only thing is, it says "HHonors Member Status through 2012: GOLD". Not helpful for me when I don't plan to travel anytime until Spring 2013.
ETA2: Don't forget to make your selection on how you want to receive your Gold membership benefits by clicking 'Hotel Benefits' under 'My Profile'.

junkreceiver 10-24-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker247 (Post 54162916)

It worked for me. Did you log out and log in to see your new status? After generating a card number that begins with 411945-, did you also verify it was valid on the elfqrin site too? Try a different address I suppose. But it works and I am proof. :)

I did log out and back in multiple times. Did not verify the card number on elfqrin but it was verified on the landing page okay. The only thing I am not sure about is the format of address. But the website did not give any error after changing the address so I assume I put it right. I tried to repeat the steps but it prompted that I was already registered.

Lurker247 10-24-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkreceiver (Post 54163084)
I did log out and back in multiple times. Did not verify the card number on elfqrin but it was verified on the landing page okay. The only thing I am not sure about is the format of address. But the website did not give any error after changing the address so I assume I put it right. I tried to repeat the steps but it prompted that I was already registered.

Don't know what to tell you. I've read that someone had trouble and solved it when they switched browsers (apparently it doesn't work in Safari... are you using Safari?). As for the address, here's how I inputted mine.
A generated address:
61 Kerma Crescent
JENOLAN CAVES NSW 2790

How I would input the above address on HH site:
Address: 61 Kerma Crescent
City/Town: JENOLAN CAVES
Region: NSW
Post code: 2790

avagyan 10-24-2012 06:58 AM

I have SPG card, hate the yearly fee, but it has some compensating promotions from time to time. Should I get this and cancel the SPG?

the.J129 10-24-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkreceiver (Post 54158232)

That's strange. I just had someone tell me a week ago or so that it worked for them.
This might seem like a stupid question but did you try logging out and logging back in?

Fujita 10-24-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

:worship: I followed your guide and upgraded my membership to Gold! I'm suspecting you have a hobby of hacking right? Or the interest in studying it? Seeing as you know of that elfqrin site and all. Reps to you.

ETA: Only thing is, it says "HHonors Member Status through 2012: GOLD". Not helpful for me when I don't plan to travel anytime until Spring 2013.
ETA2: Don't forget to make your selection on how you want to receive your Gold membership benefits by clicking 'Hotel Benefits' under 'My Profile'.

i got it working now, im gold through 2012

the.J129 10-24-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Not a hacker. LOL. Just someone who' paying it forward.
Thank you for the reps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujita (Post 54167704)
i got it working now, im gold through 2012

Glad you got it to work. The fact that it's only through 12/12 kinda' sucks... but I'm hoping to figure out a way to extend that.

dayjayvw 10-24-2012 08:42 AM

This card isnt worth a hard pull on your credit. 65k is basically 1 night at a decent hotel in their chain. Yes you can get 2 nights a motel for 65k but is that really worth a hard pull?

The current SPG amex at only 25k is a much better deal.

25k with SPG is like 130k with Hilton.

junkreceiver 10-24-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 54167680)
That's strange. I just had someone tell me a week ago or so that it worked for them.
This might seem like a stupid question but did you try logging out and logging back in?

Logged in my account from my work computer just now and saw the gold status. Strange is that last night I logged out and in multiple times at home without seeing any change in status. Maybe it's the browser or the cache. I was using chrome. Anyhow, thanks for the instructions. Mine gold status also says through 2012. Probably won't be able to get anything out of it but who knows what might happen before the end of year. :)

AlyInWonderland 10-24-2012 09:01 AM

Apparently you can exchange HHonors points for airline points with certain partners, but it doesn't say for how many or how much it is. Does anyone know what the 65k in HHonors points would get you with any of their partners (American, Delta, United)?

Just wondering if this is worth it...

BrinNutz 10-24-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlyInWonderland (Post 54168416)
Apparently you can exchange HHonors points for airline points with certain partners, but it doesn't say for how many or how much it is. Does anyone know what the 65k in HHonors points would get you with any of their partners (American, Delta, United)?

Just wondering if this is worth it...

Delta conversion is 10,000 HHonors points to 1,000 SkyMiles.

the.J129 10-24-2012 12:05 PM

For anyone interested in gaining more knowledge about Hhonors and how to get the best redemption value for your points, there is an EXCELLENT article being written over at boardingarea.com

~El Linko~ [boardingarea.com]

pippypoppy 10-24-2012 12:15 PM

My husband has a hilton honors account, and I have a card on his account. Could I still open my own account to get this? We *love* our HH card; Hampton Inns are very comfy and there are some near relatives that only cost 7,500 points a night.

pippypoppy 10-24-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayjayvw (Post 54167968)
This card isnt worth a hard pull on your credit. 65k is basically 1 night at a decent hotel in their chain. Yes you can get 2 nights a motel for 65k but is that really worth a hard pull?

The current SPG amex at only 25k is a much better deal.

25k with SPG is like 130k with Hilton.

I'm not sure where you mean when you say you can get 2 nights at a motel? As far as I know, the lowest accomodation in the Hilton family is the Hampton Inn, and it's no motel! We love them, very nice, great breakfast included. 65,000 points gets you 8 nights at the lowest-costing Hampton Inns (and there are a couple in places we like to go). A little planning and you should at least be able to find hotels in the 12,000 range near stops on your trips, or spend more and just get a couple of nights as you said in pricier locations -- but it will all be at nice accomodation, whether the points cost is high or low.

bmoore09 10-24-2012 12:46 PM

I've been using this card for about 5 years now. I put all purchases on it. I can't remember the last time I actually paid for a hotel stay. 99% of Hilton hotels will let you stay with points. Average points for a stay is b/w 25-35k points. The huge perk with this card is you get 6 points/dollar with purchases for gas, grocery, wireless bills, and a few others. That stuff really adds up.
My wife and I joined our cards together, so we accumulate a good 20-30k points a month. So that gets us around 8-10 hotel stays a year. We spend more than $40k a year, so it gets you gold status which will get you free breakfasts and whatnot.

The absolute best value is in NYC. We stay at the Hampton Inn on 35th st. Normally around $350 a night. It's normally only 40k points per night.

The key is not to use the points at hotels that don't cost very much. Dont' spend 35k points on a hotel that you can get for $99 a night. Find the value, its there.

(edit: i forgot...this year we upgraded to the Surpass Amex Hilton Card which gives us Diamond Status for spending $60k a year. Diamond rocks. You are guaranteed a room if you book 2 weeks out, even if theyre sold out)

feeth 10-24-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pippypoppy (Post 54173614)
My husband has a hilton honors account, and I have a card on his account. Could I still open my own account to get this? We *love* our HH card; Hampton Inns are very comfy and there are some near relatives that only cost 7,500 points a night.

I have the same and would love to get this for my wife. Not sure if it would work as my wife is not on the HH account and I can't get her added. I know there is a way to pay to transfer points to anyone.

canonikon 10-24-2012 12:56 PM

dammit, I just signed up last week for spend $750 get 50,000, anyway I can up it to 65,000?

is there a number I can call?

thanks in advance, much appreciated.

dayjayvw 10-24-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pippypoppy (Post 54173746)
I'm not sure where you mean when you say you can get 2 nights at a motel? As far as I know, the lowest accomodation in the Hilton family is the Hampton Inn, and it's no motel! We love them, very nice, great breakfast included. 65,000 points gets you 8 nights at the lowest-costing Hampton Inns (and there are a couple in places we like to go). A little planning and you should at least be able to find hotels in the 12,000 range near stops on your trips, or spend more and just get a couple of nights as you said in pricier locations -- but it will all be at nice accomodation, whether the points cost is high or low.

Well lets clarify. Are you looking for a Hampton Inn located in Iowa at 12k a night? If so then the same Math applies. My figures were for nice hotel, like a Cat 4-5

Most SPG Cat 1 and 2's, which may be fine for some but not most are 3k a night to you'd score 8 nights at basic, iffy airport type hotel as a crash pad.

Using your Hilton example you'd get 5 nights out of the airport style Cat 1 or 2, or with SPG you'd get 8.

bitachu 10-24-2012 01:10 PM

tempting because its a free card..the points aren't bad and small business saturday is coming up

bitachu 10-24-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avagyan (Post 54165396)
I have SPG card, hate the yearly fee, but it has some compensating promotions from time to time. Should I get this and cancel the SPG?

probably not worth it to close your spg..depending on how old it is....the best thing about this card is that it has no annual fee ever

pippypoppy 10-24-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feeth (Post 54174640)
I have the same and would love to get this for my wife. Not sure if it would work as my wife is not on the HH account and I can't get her added. I know there is a way to pay to transfer points to anyone.

I'll ask the hubby tonight if he wants to try for this. I don't care if we can transfer points between the two accounts, as we'll just book some stays on my account and some on his. We've had a lot of credit pulls this summer though, what with buying a new house and car and signed up for a couple of different credit cards that had good offers.

Does anyone know if we find out whether we'll be getting the points or not before we complete the signup? Meaning, will they approve you for the card but then say you weren't eligible for the points, or will they only approve you at all if you qualify as a new customer?

420betahat 10-24-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Did everything you posted here except the address change would not work and kept getting an error message. Then I entered it as post #34 discribed and the change went in and got saved. Then I did the cc like you discribed and that went in and got saved, but no gold status. Logged in and out several times and nothing. Do I need to wait 24 hours or something for the change to take?

junkreceiver 10-24-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420betahat (Post 54176140)
Did everything you posted here except the address change would not work and kept getting an error message. Then I entered it as post #34 discribed and the change went in and got saved. Then I did the cc like you discribed and that went in and got saved, but no gold status. Logged in and out several times and nothing. Do I need to wait 24 hours or something for the change to take?

I did that last night and my gold status showed up only this morning. But this morning I was using a different computer at work. So maybe try using a different computer to log in?

mtbmtb01 10-24-2012 03:18 PM

only $400 to go on spending my $5k for the 30,000 spg points. i may wait till the last minute to get this.

mtbmtb01 10-24-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonikon (Post 54174772)
dammit, I just signed up last week for spend $750 get 50,000, anyway I can up it to 65,000?

send a message, they are usually pretty good about getting back with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianjones (Post 54174182)
if anyone wants additional points let me know and I can refer you for this card. You'll get the 65k bonus points, plus the additional referral incentive

won't you be the one getting the referral incentive ?

canonikon 10-24-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01 (Post 54178876)
send a message, they are usually pretty good about getting back with you.

How? There's no such option in the AE website.

canonikon 10-24-2012 05:53 PM

They wouldn't up my bonus points, so I canceled my first signed up for 50k/$750 and then reapplied. Got instant approval thanks OP !

ColeN 10-24-2012 09:27 PM

thanks op

gamefreakgcb 10-25-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonikon (Post 54174772)

I got the same card. I sent them a message but they basically told me off very politely. :D

O well. I'm not pissed off or anything, but thats life. :wave:

guldilox 10-27-2012 11:30 PM

Thanks! 719 CK score with an Overall Grade B here, applied and got instantly approved.

420betahat 10-30-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkreceiver (Post 54176266)
I did that last night and my gold status showed up only this morning. But this morning I was using a different computer at work. So maybe try using a different computer to log in?

Good news, I cleaned up my computer shortly after my post and waited until the next day and was successful in getting "Gold" status. Now I just need to apply for the Hiltion Honors Card. Anybody know of the "Gold" benefits applied with the Hilton CC sign up bonus...best way to capitalize?:look:

joelchan1966 10-30-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonikon (Post 54181936)
They wouldn't up my bonus points, so I canceled my first signed up for 50k/$750 and then reapplied. Got instant approval thanks OP !

Wow, 2 hard credit pull for just one card?

MaxRabbit 11-01-2012 03:28 AM

Signed up, instant approval, thanks.
Last credit check:
Source: Experian
Date: 09/21/2012

BonScott 11-01-2012 08:35 AM

does anyone know if you can transfer a regular amex account to the HH amex? I have a buisness and a personal, and would like to transfer the personal to a no annual fee card

Xbis 11-05-2012 09:03 PM

does costco purchase qualify as "warehouse purchases" for 6 points/dollar?

nm, looks like it doesn't

bostonqt 11-24-2012 03:54 PM

Signed up for Gold today and it worked smoothly -- my thanks to the.J29 and OP junkreceiver! I tried to rep and TU but couldn't -- got a pop-up that this thread was closed to reps!?

the.J129 11-25-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonqt (Post 55252064)
Signed up for Gold today and it worked smoothly -- my thanks to the.J29 and OP junkreceiver! I tried to rep and TU but couldn't -- got a pop-up that this thread was closed to reps!?

The thank you is sufficient. :nod:
Glad we could help.

daddychu 11-26-2012 12:24 PM

I just signed up for a Hilton Rewards membership and received a membership number. I then applied for the Amex card and there was a box to enter my Hilton membership number. I assume the 65000 points will post to my Hilton membership once I satisfy the spending requirements. If my wife applies for this same card, can she use my Hilton membership number, so that we will get a total of 130000 points in one Hilton membership number? My goal is to combine the points total into one membership, instead of having 2 account with 65K points each. Is this possible? Thanks!

the.J129 11-26-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddychu (Post 55345840)
I just signed up for a Hilton Rewards membership and received a membership number. I then applied for the Amex card and there was a box to enter my Hilton membership number. I assume the 65000 points will post to my Hilton membership once I satisfy the spending requirements. If my wife applies for this same card, can she use my Hilton membership number, so that we will get a total of 130000 points in one Hilton membership number? My goal is to combine the points total into one membership, instead of having 2 account with 65K points each. Is this possible? Thanks!

You can't do that.
Either the points won't post or they'll automatically create a new account for her.
Either way...it won't work.

daddychu 11-27-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 55372836)
You can't do that.
Either the points won't post or they'll automatically create a new account for her.
Either way...it won't work.

Thanks J129. I guess we will get 1 account each with 65000 points. Is there a way to transfer or combine the points at a later time?

the.J129 11-27-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddychu (Post 55383754)
Thanks J129. I guess we will get 1 account each with 65000 points. Is there a way to transfer or combine the points at a later time?

Nope. Not for free.

The only way to use both your points is to book half the stay in your name (using your points) and then the other half in her name.

phantomdoc 11-27-2012 07:20 AM

Thanks, In just under the wire. Finished my minimum treshold for the 30K SPG points.

mdcubsfan 11-27-2012 07:49 PM

read thru the whole thread, not really clear on this - is it 65K points if you spend 3K, or do you have to spend the $750 for the first 40K and then another 3K for the bonus 25K (total $3750?)

thanks!

the.J129 11-27-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdcubsfan (Post 55424184)
read thru the whole thread, not really clear on this - is it 65K points if you spend 3K, or do you have to spend the $750 for the first 40K and then another 3K for the bonus 25K (total $3750?)

thanks!

The second bit.

From the OP-
"Get 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $750 with your Card within the first three months of Cardmembership1

Get an additional 25,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 with your Card within the first six months of Cardmembership2"

mdcubsfan 11-27-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.J129 (Post 55429738)
The second bit.

From the OP-
"Get 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $750 with your Card within the first three months of Cardmembership1

Get an additional 25,000 Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 with your Card within the first six months of Cardmembership2"

thanks, but even reading thru that not clear, since it doesn't clearly say when you spend an additional 3000....I guess I'll just call and ask when I activate the card...

thanks!

garfield00 11-27-2012 10:50 PM

I used to have a Citi HH Visa that I cancelled sometime in July (I think). So I think i can do this then, right?

avagyan 11-29-2012 02:49 PM

Is this the best CC offer? Does it come with standard Amex benefits? Such as Facebook/Twitter/Forusquare promos, Warranty extension, etc. I have SPG card but want to cancel but want to have at least one Amex.
Thanks

BankofGreed 11-29-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avagyan (Post 55501268)
Is this the best CC offer? Does it come with standard Amex benefits? Such as Facebook/Twitter/Forusquare promos, Warranty extension, etc. I have SPG card but want to cancel but want to have at least one Amex.
Thanks

Yes on all accounts. Plus, its eligible for the $25 small business Saturday promo (which will hopefully take place next year).

iiispeck 11-29-2012 03:31 PM

I have the surpass card, which I've had for years and has been great

wish I could sign up for this somehow

bigdinkel 11-29-2012 06:22 PM

Can I redeem these points for cash or cash cards? I love the 6 points for hotels, drugstores, grocerys, gas, cellular and cable television. I'm very much leaning towards getting this card.

bigbearballs 11-29-2012 06:32 PM

Why is everyone so upset about getting a hard pull?

bigbearballs 12-03-2012 10:39 PM

Got my card front door ups today, dang amex is good.

MaxRabbit 12-05-2012 09:45 AM

Spent $3,011 in two different transactions (one sub-$1,000 and the other $2,0xx) and received all 70k HHonors points. Once I get home from this deployment, free hotel for me :3

lantzuh 12-17-2012 10:27 AM

I got my points, anymore ways to get more free points??

The hotels I look up are 30k-50k points, quite pricey

bigbearballs 12-25-2012 12:36 PM

I have 52k points after spending $2000. I thought it was 40k for the first $750 and 25k for the next $3,000 spent? What are others points looking like? I haven't even paid my bill yet, man amex rocks.

Is is $3750 spent, or just $3000 spent to hit the max level of award points?

mtbmtb01 12-28-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbearballs (Post 56375804)
I have 52k points after spending $2000. I thought it was 40k for the first $750 and 25k for the next $3,000 spent? What are others points looking like? I haven't even paid my bill yet, man amex rocks.

Is is $3750 spent, or just $3000 spent to hit the max level of award points?

i got
AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS
after hitting the $750. only at $2300 now. i called when i first got the card to verify and they told me the 65k was after $3000 spent, not $3750.

descendents1 01-13-2013 11:27 PM

I can also confirm the bonus for both stages as mtbmtb01 describes. This worked out extremely well.