Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Samsung High-Efficiency Top Load Washer & Electric Dryer ~ $1272 (or less) at Sears or $1234 at Best Buy (w/ Pricematch) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5437568-samsung-high-efficiency-top-load-washer-electric-dryer-1272-or-less-at-sears-or-1234-at-best-buy-w-pricematch)

Straycat76 11-05-2012 07:55 AM

Samsung High-Efficiency Top Load Washer & Electric Dryer ~ $1272 (or less) at Sears or $1234 at Best Buy (w/ Pricematch)

I'm currently shopping around for a top loading washer/dryer set and came across this Samsung set at Sears. Each piece comes out to $617.xx, so you can get the set for as low as around $1234 if you don't need the "required" extras they automatically add to your cart. Sears offers an additional 5% off using their card, or 0% interest for 12 months.

The reviews I could find are decent (though I think some of the negative reviews are user error and/or abuse).

Washer [sears.com]
Product Description
Large capacity means you do fewer loads, while fast spin speeds extract more water from garments, so they spend less time in the dryer—that saves time and cuts your utility bill. This Samsung washer is built with Vibration Reduction Technology, so the machine is quieter and more stable, even when spinning heavy loads.

•4.5 cubic-foot-capacity handles large loads, so you do fewer loads
•Vibration Reducing Technology helps minimize vibration and stabilizes the machine when spinning large loads, so the machine runs quieter—perfect for installation on the second floor or near bedrooms
•The Diamond Drum&trade is gentler on clothing
•PureCycle™ option cleans residue from the washer drum
•Direct-drive motor is quieter and has no belts to replace
•1000 RPM maximum spin speed helps remove water from washed garments, reducing drying time and saving energy

Electric Dryer [sears.com]
Product Description
With its 7.3 cubic foot drum, the Samsung DV456EWHD electric dryer fits more—so you can fit more in your day. Sensor drying ensures that no load comes out damp or overdry. The large front window gives you a clear view into the dryer, and the dryer light helps you see every piece of laundry, so nothing gets left behind.

•7.3 cubic foot capacity
•11 preset drying cycles
•7 options
•4 temperature settings
•4-way venting

Best Buy also has this set at $650 each. You should be able to get them to price match and be able to take advantage of their 4% return in rewards, 18 month interest free financing, and free delivery.

Washer [bestbuy.com]

Dryer [bestbuy.com]

wikipost 11-05-2012 07:55 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

parkerlewis 11-05-2012 08:07 AM

Looks like a good price for this set.. but it might be worth holding off to see what kind of Black Friday deals come around at Lowe's / Home Depot / Sears as well.

Straycat76 11-05-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkerlewis (Post 54480932)
Looks like a good price for this set.. but it might be worth holding off to see what kind of Black Friday deals come around at Lowe's / Home Depot / Sears as well.

And there lies the dillema. Do I wait and risk losing a decent price on this set, or do I jump on it and risk regretting it later into the holiday season. Decisions, decisions.

unlimitedx 11-05-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straycat76 (Post 54480958)
And there lies the dillema. Do I wait and risk losing a decent price on this set, or do I jump on it and risk regretting it later into the holiday season. Decisions, decisions.

Paypal has price match. Does sears offer paypal for paying?

Dealdigger2 11-05-2012 08:32 AM

Your in the time window now so if you order and delay delivery you could watch the deals coming up and get a price match or cancel the order and go with a new order. Or take delivery and still get a price match on a lower price within the 30 day store price match policy. Make sure to read the fine print on which store and any specifics that could fopa you.
I just went to the shop discover and it's showing Sears 10%.
https://www.discover.com/credit-c...partners-s
So that's another possibility for additional savings. I didn't log in and view the specifics.
And discover cd puts that extra year on the warranty,at least mine does.

RobertM3826 11-05-2012 08:45 AM

Best Buy has a 30 day price match guarantee as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimitedx (Post 54481612)
Paypal has price match. Does sears offer paypal for paying?

Best Buy has a 30 day price match guarantee as well. I just confirmed it by telephone on Saturday.

Straycat76 11-05-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertM3826 (Post 54482048)
Best Buy has a 30 day price match guarantee as well. I just confirmed it by telephone on Saturday.

That makes me a little more comfortable, as I'd rather purchase from BB than Sears.

Now I'm wondering if I should spend the extra $$ for the extended warranty.

agentkhiem 11-05-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straycat76 (Post 54482142)
That makes me a little more comfortable, as I'd rather purchase from BB than Sears.

Now I'm wondering if I should spend the extra $$ for the extended warranty.

If you get an extended warranty, try and get Squaretrade if possible. I've filed a claim with them before and they are very useful. Sometimes they have 30% off codes they email you if you subscribe to them. I think they also have 40% off for Black Friday, maximum discount of $40.

phillylex 11-05-2012 09:38 AM

Reviews for the washer on BB.com are pretty mixed...

Straycat76 11-05-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 54483688)
Reviews for the washer on BB.com are pretty mixed...

Yeah, it's even mixier on Lowes.com...now I'm second guessing this particular set.

Dealdigger2 11-05-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straycat76 (Post 54483966)
Yeah, it's even mixier on Lowes.com...now I'm second guessing this particular set.

You could do this a different way. Start out with the brand and model you want.
Post the best deals you've tracked and get help from the SDers to help with the latest/best prices. Then your not buying a price but your choice 1st and price 2nd.

maxvalue 11-06-2012 03:42 PM

Similar thread for the Stainless models:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5437886-Samsung-Washer-and-Dryer-Set-WA456DRHDSU-AA-1234-00-Free-Delivery-Best-Buy-B-M?

jhansla85 11-08-2012 07:55 AM

At lowes I can get this washer and dryer, with the required extras (hose and dryer cord) for $1268.07 after tax and using a 10% movers coupon. I also have a lowes card so I'd get no interest for 18 months, should I bite on this or wait until black friday?

maxvalue 11-08-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhansla85 (Post 54577298)
At lowes I can get this washer and dryer, with the required extras (hose and dryer cord) for $1268.07 after tax and using a 10% movers coupon. I also have a lowes card so I'd get no interest for 18 months, should I bite on this or wait until black friday?

You're talking about the white ones, not stainless right? Also, I take it you're in a state where there is little or no sales tax? I'm in CA and the subtotal before tax for the washer and dryer alone is $1298. Subtotal in much lower with 15% off pair at Best Buy.

jhansla85 11-08-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxvalue (Post 54583984)
You're talking about the white ones, not stainless right? Also, I take it you're in a state where there is little or no sales tax? I'm in CA and the subtotal before tax for the washer and dryer alone is $1298. Subtotal in much lower with 15% off pair at Best Buy.

Yes I'm talking about the white ones, and I'm in FL