Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-Ray) $26 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5456554-the-mel-brooks-collection-blu-ray-26-free-shipping)

Discombobulated 11-08-2012 12:00 AM

The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-Ray) $26 + Free Shipping

Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day

Linky [amazon.com]

Includes
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Spaceballs
  • Young Frankenstein
  • High Anxiety
  • History Of The World Part 1
  • Robin Hood: Men In Tights
  • Silent Movie
  • To Be Or Not To Be
  • The Twelve Chairs

brisar 11-08-2012 12:00 AM

Mel Brooks Movie Collection (Blu-ray): Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, History Of The World Part 1, High Anxiety & More $26 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com has The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-ray) for $25.99 with free shipping. Thanks Discombobulated

Price Research: Our research indicates that this Mel Brooks Movie Collection on Blu-ray is $19 lower (43% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $45-$80. - brisar

Includes:
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Spaceballs
  • Young Frankenstein
  • High Anxiety
  • History Of The World Part 1
  • Robin Hood Men In Tights
  • Silent Movie
  • To Be Or Not To Be
  • Twelve Chairs

wikipost 11-08-2012 12:00 AM

one day only deal!!!! expires today!!!!!

buzhaker 11-08-2012 12:40 AM

Excellent deal! Don't forget to also buy History Of The World Part 2 where we can watch Jews in Space and Hitler on Ice.

Cookie21 11-08-2012 01:07 AM

I am surrounded by as....es [youtube.com] ;)

LordHumongus 11-08-2012 03:04 AM

No Life Stinks , This deals 11's are up.

derekjet 11-08-2012 04:18 AM

Is Young Frankenstein the identical bluray which was $5 recently?

hawaiiandawn 11-08-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie21 (Post 54570406)

:lol:

kesha1 11-08-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzhaker (Post 54570056)
Excellent deal! Don't forget to also buy History Of The World Part 2 where we can watch Jews in Space and Hitler on Ice.

haha...

mutha_scratcha 11-08-2012 05:00 AM

15...ah 10 commandments
http://youtu.be/4TAtRCJIqnk

TheNilvarg 11-08-2012 05:10 AM

It's missing "Dracula: Dead and Loving It". Boooo.

BillyZane 11-08-2012 05:59 AM

I bought this last time it popped up. great collection!

burticus 11-08-2012 06:17 AM

I would spend $5 for Spaceballs and HOTWP1. I guess.

Edit - read the reviews. The video quality is subpar on these and people are saying the DVD's look better.

Baguda 11-08-2012 06:43 AM

This is the best deal I've seen yet. I paid $43 for it 2 years ago.

Deftonian 11-08-2012 06:48 AM

We're men.... we're men in tights.. TIGHT.. tights

nowlen 11-08-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie21 (Post 54570406)

Barack ... is that you at the controls?

clearanceman 11-08-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burticus (Post 54573984)
I would spend $5 for Spaceballs and HOTWP1. I guess.

Edit - read the reviews. The video quality is subpar on these and people are saying the DVD's look better.

To me, the video quality is not a big issue with Mel Brooks films. As long as it's decent, I'm happy enough.

SCDallas 11-08-2012 07:13 AM

Works out to about $2.90 a movie. Great deal regardless of video quality on some.

FusIonX8 11-08-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzhaker (Post 54570056)

(I assume sarcasm)

As far as I know History of the World, Part II was never made. The only footage that exists is the trailer at the end of History of the World, Part I. If you consider Wikipedia verification:

[N]o sequel has been released, and the "Part I" of the film's title is merely a historical joke. The History of the World was a book written by Sir Walter Raleigh while prisoner in the Tower of London. He had only managed to complete the first volume before being beheaded. Sequel references occur in other Brooks movies: Spaceballs, according to the character Yogurt, is supposed to be followed by Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money. And in Robin Hood: Men in Tights, in the rap reprise, saying something along the lines of "You'll see us again in Robin Hood 2, I say hey".

blueadept 11-08-2012 07:25 AM

My bluray has trouble reading spaceballs. Litterally it takes 2+ minutes before it will start playing. Other people have had issues with this box set. Just FYI. Even with the long loading times, his movies are still worth it!

FusIonX8 11-08-2012 07:26 AM

Also don't forget Discover card Bonus 1 day Shipping Free with code DSCVRHSP
Select the 3.99 shipping then apply the code... I think you also get 5% cash back bonus. which makes this technically even cheaper.

FusIonX8 11-08-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueadept (Post 54576132)
My bluray has trouble reading spaceballs. Litterally it takes 2+ minutes before it will start playing. Other people have had issues with this box set. Just FYI. Even with the long loading times, his movies are still worth it!

This happens with most blu-ray players due to the Encryption used for Blu-ray that with almost each new movie a new Encryption algorithm which inevitably slows down the player trying to decrypt.... I have had some huge rants about Business Practice like this!... You are punishing the people who legally own/buy content. We see this issue way more with video games. WHere you are required to use DRMs for most. and for some more then one DRM just to play the game....

suednim 11-08-2012 07:45 AM

Its twue! Its twue!

blueiedgod 11-08-2012 07:47 AM

"Where the white women at?"

"I got it from the N..gro!"

blueiedgod 11-08-2012 07:49 AM

"I am not black. I am Ethiopean! Hava Nagila, Hava Nagila..."

risumon 11-08-2012 08:09 AM

Can anyone comment on the quality. I looked through the reviews and they seemed to go both ways.

I ended up cancelling my $5 Young Frankenstein that didn't ship yet, and got this instead. Did I make a mistake?

tashayar 11-08-2012 08:21 AM

Is it only Bluray or is there a regular DVD version included? Thinking about picking this up for someone without a BR player. Thanks!

LOVE Spaceballs!
"That was my virgin-alarm. It's programmed to go off before you do! "

charlie hustle 11-08-2012 08:32 AM

Aw the producers isn't in here and I just bought young Frankenstein. I'll have to think about this one.

lestermahoney 11-08-2012 08:48 AM

It's good to be the king.

ebolaboi 11-08-2012 10:30 AM

Just cancelled Young Frankenstein and got this. :D

nyrmetros 11-08-2012 10:31 AM

I am boycotting until History of the World Part II comes out !!

Aramis 11-08-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestermahoney (Post 54579422)
It's good to be the king.

Knight jumps queen! Bishop jumps queen! Pawns jump queen! *Gangbang*!

sunny2000 11-08-2012 04:01 PM

man i should have not bought it 3 months ago for $3 more :)

VorlonFrog 11-08-2012 05:24 PM

High Anxiety is one of his greatest "unknown" films. Totally freaking hilarious stuff.

Bdubslawman 11-08-2012 11:14 PM

I wish I could pick & choose / replace some of the films. Really want Young Fraunnken-steeeeeeeen and Blazing Saddles but I'm trying to save my money for upcoming deals.... must resist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baguda (Post 54574694)
This is the best deal I've seen yet. I paid $43 for it 2 years ago.

Since so many have asked or commented in this thread. What did you think of the video quality?
Quote:

Originally Posted by clearanceman (Post 54575326)
To me, the video quality is not a big issue with Mel Brooks films. As long as it's decent, I'm happy enough.

Do you own the blu-rays or this pack?
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueadept (Post 54576132)

I've not had a disc not play on my Sony BDP-370 until now - unless the disc was totally scratched up (like an Iron Man Blu-ray I rented once that looked like someone took a Brillo pad to it or some steel wool - but it didn't play in any of the other players either. I bought it on clearance for ~$30 ish over a year ago and updated it right away while I could return it to the store if it bricked it etc. Since then they have had no new updates nor would I update it if they did at this point. The most it's ever spent on a non-damaged disc is 20 seconds getting to the load screen if not nearly being loaded by then for most. But the other day I rented The Artist and I couldn't find a Blu-ray player that could read it. We now have two sony's, a PS3 besides, and two Samsung's plus I tried it on a neighbors Samsung. None of the players could get it to load. Not a scratch on the Blu-ray (got a code from Redbox) and went and rented a different copy from them it did the same thing would just spin. No error they just simply timed out & wouldn't load. Very bizarre bx!

Baguda 11-09-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdubslawman (Post 54603696)
Since so many have asked or commented in this thread. What did you think of the video quality?

I only watched a few of the movies in the set a long time ago, and I don't remember anything other than they were acceptable to me, but perhaps it's because I went in with reasonable expectations on old Mel Brooks films rather than expecting each to have perfect picture quality and an awesome 7.1 DTS HD audio track that shakes my house with massive Michael Bay explosions.

For the price of a few dollars per Blu-Ray I'm surprised so many people don't want to get the set because its video quality isn't top tier.

derekjet 11-09-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebolaboi (Post 54582640)
Just cancelled Young Frankenstein and got this. :D

Identical in extras content?

Bdubslawman 11-09-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baguda (Post 54608122)
I only watched a few of the movies in the set a long time ago, and I don't remember anything other than they were acceptable to me, but perhaps it's because I went in with reasonable expectations on old Mel Brooks films rather than expecting each to have perfect picture quality and an awesome 7.1 DTS HD audio track that shakes my house with massive Michael Bay explosions.

For the price of a few dollars per Blu-Ray I'm surprised so many people don't want to get the set because its video quality isn't top tier.

Well, I've seen a lot of his films. If this had come in the summer and not while I was trying to save my money to see what drops this holiday i would have. There were some in the collection that i have never seen to that was both a + & -. It always seemed to me that Mel Brooks films weren't done in super high quality, by design. They'd have the seens were the purposeful accidental supposed to be behind the scenes part would make it on to the screen. I wonder if it simply isn't that the movies weren't digitized well but simply that - that is the effect that M.B. had created & designed? Oh well I should have gotten it so I could have made up my own mind. Thanks for the reply

kbenson 11-09-2012 07:52 PM

my order is still shipping soon- Amazon must have oversold