Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Playmobil Toys: School $67, Fairy Tale Princess Castle $96, Western Fort $102, Pirate Adventure Island $70, Pirate Ship $51 & More + Free Shipping on $49+ (http://slickdeals.net/f/5502696-playmobil-toys-school-67-fairy-tale-princess-castle-96-western-fort-102-pirate-adventure-island-70-pirate-ship-51-amp-more-free-shipping-on-49)

boazb 11-14-2012 07:32 PM

Playmobil Toys: School $67, Fairy Tale Princess Castle $96, Western Fort $102, Pirate Adventure Island $70, Pirate Ship $51 & More + Free Shipping on $49+

10 Attachment(s)
ToysRus on Ebay [ebay.com] has some great Playmobil sales. Free Shipping on orders over $49. PLUS GET AN EXTRA 15% off your total purchasewith coupon code CTOYSRUS.

Some notables include:
Playmobil School
[ebay.com] for $78.74 ($66.92 after coupon) MSRP on Playmobil.com [playmobilusa.com] is $185!!
Playmobil Fairy Tale Princess Castle [ebay.com] for $112.49 ($95.62 after coupon) MSRP is $150
Playmobil Western Fort [ebay.com] for $119.99 ($102 after coupon) MSRP is $150
Playmobil Large Horse Farm with Paddock [ebay.com] for $112.49 ($95.62 after coupon) MSRP is $150
FAO Schwarz 150th Anniversary Playmobil Victorian City Life Set [ebay.com] for $97.49 ($82.87 after coupon) MSRP $130
Playmobil Pirate Adventure Island [ebay.com] for $82.49 ($70.12 after coupon) MSRP is $130
Playmobil Secret Agent Headquarters With Alarm [ebay.com] for $75 ($63.75 after coupon) MSRP: $100
Playmobil Pirate Ship [ebay.com] for $59.99 ($51 after coupon) MSRP: $80
Playmobil Treasure Hunter with Metal Detector [ebay.com] for $17.99 ($15.29 after coupon) MSRP is $35
Playmobil Treasure Robber's Crawler [ebay.com] for $12.99 ($11.04 after coupon) MSRP is $25

Lot's more for sale, you can see all the Playmobil items here with the ones on sale clearly visible from this page (prices are BEFORE the 15% discount) :
http://stores.ebay.com/ToysRUs/_i...op=3&_sc=1

The coupon is off your total purchase but you can only use the coupon once per paypal account. (You can make more then one purchase with the same ebay account but when you check out, you will have to use a different paypal account to pay).

Enjoy! Good Playmobil sales are rare.

UPDATE: It has been pointed out that the school TRU has may not be the same school as on Playmobil's site, but rather this one which is smaller. Still a good deal though: http://www.toysrus.com/product/in...Id=4107130

SUPER MAJOR UPDATE!!! Today all of Playmobil is buy one get one 50% off! This stacks with the 20% to 25% off they are already discounting many sets. They also have a free $20 Playmobil pool or Skate Park with a Playmobil purchase of $65 or more. It seems the website won't let you take both promotions though. Also instore is a free $10 gift card for every $75 you spend Can anyone confirm if these all stack in store?

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/m...al_cpn.pdf ($10 Gift Card Coupon).

brisar 11-14-2012 07:32 PM

Playmobil Toys: School $67, Fairy Tale Princess Castle $96, Western Fort $102, Pirate Adventure Island $70, Pirate Ship $51 & More + Free Shipping on $49+

1 Attachment(s)
ToysRUs via Ebay has Great Prices on Select Playmobil Sets. Save an additional 15% on your entire purchase with code CTOYSRUS. Shipping is free on orders over $49. Thanks boazb
Coupon is single use (up to $30 savings) so it is best to combine all of your purchases into one order.

wikipost 11-14-2012 07:32 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Note that the CTOYSRUS coupon (that makes this deal so slick) maxes out at $30 off (15% off $200). If you want to stack more than $200 in your cart, split your order across multiple paypal accounts (you can only use the 15% off once per paypal account).

_______

for the western & horse themed sets, prices are slicker via toysrus.com. you can get an additional 15% off today by entering code 957555 at check out.

for instance, the western fort after coupon code but before tax comes out to $95.62 rather than $102.
- solidstate

flecko 11-15-2012 01:03 AM

Gee, this stuff is pretty expensive.

minxnh 11-15-2012 03:26 AM

Thank you! My kids love Playmobil. :-)

SlickD-AndyE 11-15-2012 04:11 AM

Repped! Playmobil stuff is very rarely sold below MSRP, making this slicker than it looks.

Note: The prices on eBay appear to be the same as the recently-lowered sale prices on toysrus.com, but the coupon makes it superslick.

Also note: The coupon maxes out at 15% off $200 ($30 max discount).

ParticleJG 11-15-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flecko (Post 54803268)
Gee, this stuff is pretty expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickD-AndyE (Post 54804902)
Repped! Playmobil stuff is very rarely sold below MSRP, making this slicker than it looks.

Note: The prices on eBay appear to be the same as the recently-lowered sale prices on toysrus.com, but the coupon makes it superslick.

Also note: The coupon maxes out at 15% off $200 ($30 max discount).

Just because something rarely goes on sale does not make it slick. (Example a 55 LG TV rarely goes on sale, so does that make it a good deal when its $200 off when a Sony 55 is on sale for $1250?)

My point is, what about competition or toys that are like these toys? Are you buying a toy or the brand?

This is not a troll, more need more information please as I need to buy a toy for my niece for Christmas and I do not have children. Thank you in advance.

KPS 11-15-2012 04:40 AM

Thanks OP! Repped!

My kids loved playmobil when they were younger and I still buy it for my neices and nephews. I don't know of other toys like it to be honest. I may be buying a 'brand' but the toys are wonderful, and worth the money IMO. To each their own.

SlickD-AndyE 11-15-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParticleJG (Post 54805186)
Just because something rarely goes on sale does not make it slick.

It does when you're shopping for those exact items for your kids, and the sale price is lower than it's been all year! :D

Quote:

My point is, what about competition or toys that are like these toys? Are you buying a toy or the brand?

We recently got into Playmobil, and have found that they do a wonderful job of fostering imaginary play for our young children. The toys have an amazing amount of flexible and open-ended interactivity crammed into a small package, even at the low end of the price range - cannons that fire, treasure chests that snap shut full of dozens of tiny gold coins, little doctor carts with working drawers that you can put tiny tools in, boats that float, swimming pools that you can fill with water that have tiny little working water pumps so you can give the swimmers a shower, etc. All of these little details help "kick start" imaginary play for littler kids who need to be guided a bit more when engaging in imaginary play.

If you are curious, this blog post my wife did does a nice job of explaining our family's recent Playmobil epiphany, and there are some good pics if you haven't seen Playmobil stuff up close (hopefully this won't get flagged as "self-promotion"):

http://testyyettrying.blogspot.co...-lego.html

taryn237 11-15-2012 05:35 AM

My son LOVES Playmobil. I've had good luck buying some things used. If you are ever in Florida near West Palm Beach it is worth it to go the store there (I think that is the only one now - the one in Woodbridge, NJ closed a few years back). When we were there they were giving 50% coupons when you spent $25 so worth it to buy something small and get 50% off one of the big items.

SlickD-AndyE 11-15-2012 05:46 AM

Good point re: used...I've had some luck with Craigslist as well, although the sellers there are often..."proud" of what they're selling and the deals aren't always slick. :)

twoangels 11-15-2012 06:00 AM

thanks!!

shifty1 11-15-2012 06:09 AM

I bought the school but then looked at it again. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the school is not the Playmobil 4324 school building that is linked but is actually a toysrus exclusive one -playmobil 5923. The reviews on amazon are positive for 4324 but mixed for 5923.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/in...Id=4107130

boazb 11-15-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Just because something rarely goes on sale does not make it slick. (Example a 55 LG TV rarely goes on sale, so does that make it a good deal when its $200 off when a Sony 55 is on sale for $1250?)

This is not a troll, more need more information please as I need to buy a toy for my niece for Christmas and I do not have children. Thank you in advance.

Your questions are fair and I used to be the same way. But Playmobil is in a league of its own. The quality is far better than I've seen in other toys and can take a beating (and I mean a BEATING) and not break at all. If by some feat you manage to break a piece, Playmobil will ship you a replacement for free. They are made in Germany, not China, and are designed by engineers who spend years on each product. and it shows. Many have innovative cool parts, hidden trap doors, etc. these will actually work and not break unlike other toys which usually end up only causing frustration. Playmobil toys win a slew of toy awards every year.

Give a child a Playmobil toy and you will find they are capable of a new level of imaginative play that can last for hours (especially if it is a mid sized set or larger or multiple smaller sets.

In terms of prices, I couldn't get over how expensive they were at first. But in time I felt it was worthwhile (something I rarely believe). Unlike Legos (another great but expensive toy), TRU doesn't inflate the price of the Playmobil MSRP before the sale discount. And Lego sales are more common as well.

Also, to answer your main point - "it isn't a slickdeal just because it is on sale when it usually is not.... " well it is when you want that item and even more so when you want it and might have been willing to pay full price for it. Plus not only do these rarely go on sale. But when they do, it is usually only something like 20% off the MSRP and free shipping over a $100. This is a much better sale. The school for instance is normally $185. Best sale might get it for you at $148 (20% off). Here is it about $67! That's unheard of. The other items are really good as well.

boazb 11-15-2012 06:25 AM

One other factor to consider. Playmobil has great resale value!

When my kids first got into it, I was shocked the toys were so expensive, I tried to buy them used on ebay thinking, they are such high quality, even used they'll be in good shape. But the used prices were so high, it was like paying 90% of the new price. Throw in shipping fees it often was no better. And usually these sets are missing at lease some small pieces so it just didn't seem worth it. Occasionally you can get lucky, especially at garage sales where people don't realize how high the resale value is.

Also, Playmobil is constantly retiring sets and bringing out new sets. Sometimes you can get retiring sets at a discount at the end of the year but usually at only a 25% off MSRP discount at most. The crazy thing is, after they are retired, they end up on ebay at 2 or 3 times the MSRP!! There are a ton of adult collectors for this stuff which makes it very hard to complete a set once its been retired without shelling out serious cash.

So if you see a set you like, and it is on sale, buy it while you can. And just know that when your kids grow out of it, you can resell it on ebay and recoup most of the price paid. If you score a deal like this, you'd probably get more than you paid for it if you manage to keep all of the original pieces (easier said than done though you can purchase lost pieces from Playmobil directly).

momof4under4 11-15-2012 06:41 AM

I had playmobil as a kid, when they were very uncommon in this country. They were my favorite toys and I used them well into middle school (I was mortally embarrassed that my friends would find out). I can't say enough good things about them. Quality, detail, creativity, they have it all. I buy them for my kids and they are so fun to set up. A couple of comments:

Yes, the school is the smaller of the two school buildings. It's still a decent deal, just not exceptional. We have the "big" school and I think the smaller one would honestly be just as fun.

There is a semi-truck and trailer listed for $89 (not on sale). It is cool, but if you really want it and have a Tuesday Morning store near you, check there first. I bought it there for $30 a couple weeks ago. I've seen it in multiple Tuesday Morning stores in my state, so I know if wasn't just a one store random deal.

Elizabethaw 11-15-2012 06:46 AM

Anyone know the expiration date on the coupon? I'm actually trying to buy Lego Mindstorms, but the discount seems to work on that too. Also, anyone know if certain rebate sites count that site as ebay or toysrus?

jen1972 11-15-2012 07:53 AM

Thanks for posting this...I have $168 so far in my ebay cart that I would like to buy. I remember having some of these toys when I was little and we loved them. I'm hoping my husband feels the same about me spending this much on these toys...I just keep finding more sets that I think my kids would love!

truebluexf 11-15-2012 07:59 AM

This is fantastic, just what I've been waiting for! Thank you!!!

If I could only find a vet/clinic set on sale, all would be perfect!

boazb 11-15-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen1972 (Post 54809798)
Thanks for posting this...I have $168 so far in my ebay cart that I would like to buy. I remember having some of these toys when I was little and we loved them. I'm hoping my husband feels the same about me spending this much on these toys...I just keep finding more sets that I think my kids would love!

My pleasure. Just note that it is only worth buying an item if it is already on sale. The sale price stacked with the 15% off is a very good deal. But if you are using the 15% off towards a regular priced item, it isn't that slick.

TRU has throughout the year various Playmobil sales. They are always 20% off, or Buy 1 Get 1 50% off, or But 2 get 1 Free. Any of those sales are better than just using the 15% off coupon.

But I've never had the opportunity to combine a sale item AND a coupon (TRU's coupons are usually only good on non-sale items). And that's what is slick here.

boazb 11-15-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabethaw (Post 54807866)
Anyone know the expiration date on the coupon? I'm actually trying to buy Lego Mindstorms, but the discount seems to work on that too. Also, anyone know if certain rebate sites count that site as ebay or toysrus?

If you mean a cashback site, then it would count as ebay.

boazb 11-15-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boazb (Post 54810652)
If you mean a cashback site, then it would count as ebay.

BTW, the only cashback site I know of that still gives cashback for purchases at ebay is penniesatatime.com. I've used them fairly often for my Amazon and ebay purchases and always got my money.

barryblogs 11-15-2012 10:08 AM

Sweet Find, thanks! One of the best, if not the best deal on Playmobil I've ever seen! Sorry you didn't get many reps for this but you get one from me.

highchateau 11-15-2012 10:34 AM

delete

incommon 11-15-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifty1 (Post 54807006)
I bought the school but then looked at it again. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the school is not the Playmobil 4324 school building that is linked but is actually a toysrus exclusive one -playmobil 5923. The reviews on amazon are positive for 4324 but mixed for 5923.

I think you are correct. They do look very similar but TRU's one seems a bit smaller.

ppsagehen 11-15-2012 11:26 AM

the victorian set is great. highly collectable because it goes with the greatest set of all time IMHO: the victorian dollhouse.

ninjaculate 11-15-2012 11:33 AM

Sweet! I didn't buy one of the things listed, but I used the coupon code and picked up a birthday present for my niece.

MAH4546 11-15-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifty1 (Post 54807006)

Correct, it's a bit smaller.

I bought the bigger one a few months ago when all the school sets were 40% off (in-store only) and it's really an awesome toy. The main difference is that the bigger set has some more details - more accessories, a principal's office and bathrooms. It can also be expanded with an add-on pack. I don't think most kids care, though.

Also, Playmobil is expensive, but it is, bar none, the single highest quality toy by a major toy manufacturer sold in the United States. These things last forever - and that's because Playmobil has always and continues to largely refuse to outsource manufacturing. It's manufacturing facilities are still in Germany and Malta. They had a short run of China-manufactured sets sold at low price points in the United States, but that is over (although the sets - a school bus, fire truck and garbage truck - can still be found in stores).

plh2007 11-15-2012 12:42 PM

ya know, i never quite understood why playmobil was so expensive, but after reading these comments and doing some more research, i'm sold...
i think i'm going to get the pirate ship and adventure island set but wanted to mention that some folks might want to consider buying their playmobil item from toysrus.com because they are offering a free pool or skate park (value=$20) with a $65 purchase. I was originally looking at the school, and thought I would order from toysrus since the discount on ebay was $12 and the 'value' of the pool was $20. but alas, i'm going with pirates for my almost-5 yr old.

SlickD-AndyE 11-15-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plh2007 (Post 54820344)
some folks might want to consider buying their playmobil item from toysrus.com because they are offering a free pool or skate park (value=$20) with a $65 purchase. I was originally looking at the school, and thought I would order from toysrus since the discount on ebay was $12 and the 'value' of the pool was $20. but alas, i'm going with pirates for my almost-5 yr old.

FWIW, I am putting together the Adventure Island for my turning-5-this-weekend son tonight...and I bought it at TRU and got the free pool. We've already opened the pool, and it's a decent set - it has a working manual water pump that pulls water from the pool and operates a little overhead shower. It also has a full family of mom/dad/boy/girl which is nice. It won't foster a lot of imaginary play by itself, but it could make a nice setting for a pirate invasion. :lol: Seems like it's overshadowed by the larger pool set with the water slide, though, which might be why they're giving it away.

RamboDeals 11-15-2012 02:20 PM

my kids would enjoy this very much, thanks

solidstate 11-15-2012 02:48 PM

i'm just seeing this post. great to see playmobil get some love here. someone with privileges, please add this to the wiki:

for some of the western themed sets, prices are slicker via toysrus.com. you can get an additional 15% off today by entering code 957555 at check out.

for instance, the western fort after coupon code but before tax comes out to $95.62 rather than $102.

again, this only applies to the western & horse themes.

our kids are huge playmobil fans and given that the brand , in the u.s. anyway, is primarily sold in mom and pop shops, it is hard to come across good online deals from larger retailers - toys r us is effectively the only big box deep catalog retailer of playmobil in the u.s. and at this point as lego has accrued more shelf space, playmobil has been mercilessly cast off in the toys r uses near us. so that presence is now largely virtual, stopping short at the warehouse and fulfillment level.

a note of caution: if you are buying as a gift and / or you care about your boxes arriving in new condition, avoid buying the small figures through toysrus.com. even if you order other larger items, they tend to ship them separately. the large items go via ups in a standard cardboard box with a minimum of packing materials. the figures are usually put in bubble mailers of the sort usually reserved for dvds and delivered by usps. every figure we have ordered from toys r us has arrived with the box smashed and badly damaged.

kea2525 11-15-2012 02:52 PM

Oh I love Playmobil. Thank you. :)

atzdl 11-15-2012 03:26 PM

I ordered a bunch of playmobil stuff from them a few weeks ago. About 75% of the boxes came in damaged. The items themselves were fine, but there was no way that TRU did not notice when packing that the boxes had extensive damage. It's not an issue if you're getting them for your kids, but if you're planning to give them as gifts it might be a problem. My guess is that they dug up some old stock that they want to get rid of. The rest of the stuff arrived perfectly fine, so it might be worth a shot.

jen1972 11-15-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atzdl (Post 54825392)
I ordered a bunch of playmobil stuff from them a few weeks ago. About 75% of the boxes came in damaged. The items themselves were fine, but there was no way that TRU did not notice when packing that the boxes had extensive damage. It's not an issue if you're getting them for your kids, but if you're planning to give them as gifts it might be a problem. My guess is that they dug up some old stock that they want to get rid of. The rest of the stuff arrived perfectly fine, so it might be worth a shot.

Do they come in plain cardboard boxes or am I going to have troubles hiding these from my kids when the UPS guy comes?...these are for Christmas.

boazb 11-15-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen1972 (Post 54827152)
Do they come in plain cardboard boxes or am I going to have troubles hiding these from my kids when the UPS guy comes?...these are for Christmas.

Whenever I order a larger set from TRU, the Playmobil box is packed inside a larger plain brown box. They usually arrive without any problems. If I order a smaller one, I agree with the other person who said they send them in an envelope and they can arrive a little smooshed. Easy to get a no hassle exchange in the store though. If I order several though, they usually all come together in one large box.

atzdl 11-15-2012 06:46 PM

The did come in a cardboard box, so hiding it shouldn't be a problem. The ones I got did not get damaged in shipping. The outer box was perfectly fine. They were sent out damaged to begin with.

plh2007 11-15-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickD-AndyE (Post 54822550)
FWIW, I am putting together the Adventure Island for my turning-5-this-weekend son tonight...and I bought it at TRU and got the free pool. We've already opened the pool, and it's a decent set - it has a working manual water pump that pulls water from the pool and operates a little overhead shower. It also has a full family of mom/dad/boy/girl which is nice. It won't foster a lot of imaginary play by itself, but it could make a nice setting for a pirate invasion. :lol: Seems like it's overshadowed by the larger pool set with the water slide, though, which might be why they're giving it away.

Thanks for the info! I decided to order adventure island from B&M so I could get the pool and get the $10 gift card for spending over $75 (offer expire 11/17). I'm getting the pirate ship from ebay since it's not in stock at our store.

Thanks again!

solidstate 11-15-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atzdl (Post 54830516)
The did come in a cardboard box, so hiding it shouldn't be a problem. The ones I got did not get damaged in shipping. The outer box was perfectly fine. They were sent out damaged to begin with.

i've had items damaged in shipping, as mentioned, as well as shelf worn stuff but this has largely been the case only with clearance items and warehouse finds (i.e. the long gone circus that suddenly materialized)

Necro 11-15-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidstate (Post 54824410)
for some of the western themed sets, prices are slicker via toysrus.com. you can get an additional 15% off today by entering code 957555 at check out.

Code doesn't seem to work, unfortunately. Least not for 4 western items in the same cart.

babyowl 11-15-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necro (Post 54833068)
Code doesn't seem to work, unfortunately. Least not for 4 western items in the same cart.

Make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end of the code if you copy/paste. That happened to me and after erasing the extra spaces the code was applied to 4+ Western sets I bought.

bigbearballs 11-15-2012 08:48 PM

Would a 4 year old like this?

txghog 11-16-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbearballs (Post 54833518)
Would a 4 year old like this?

Absolutely!!!

jen1972 11-16-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidstate (Post 54832990)
i've had items damaged in shipping, as mentioned, as well as shelf worn stuff but this has largely been the case only with clearance items and warehouse finds (i.e. the long gone circus that suddenly materialized)

Is the circus one available somewhere? I didn't see that one.

boazb 11-16-2012 08:41 AM

SUPER MAJOR UPDATE!!! Today all of Playmobil is buy one get one 50% off! This stacks with the 20% to 25% off they are already discounting many sets. They also have a free $20 Playmobil pool or Skate Park with a Playmobil purchase of $65 or more. It seems the website won't let you take both promotions though. Also instore is a free $10 gift card for every $75 you spend Can anyone confirm if these all stack in store?

solidstate 11-16-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boazb (Post 54846788)

it's 100+ select playmobil items and not all playmobil items stocked:

http://www.toysrus.com/family/ind...6&view=all

the deals don't stack ONLINE. however, any of the items from the link above that are either a) already on clearance and discounted or b) part of their 'big christmas book' promotion and still be disounted will still be discounted. the bogo 50 deals are not terribly uncommon with toys r us.

one thing worth mentioning: you don't have to buy 2 of the same set to make this work. put two titles that are close enough or identical in cost together.

solidstate 11-16-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen1972 (Post 54841620)
Is the circus one available somewhere? I didn't see that one.

not anymore. they blew through about 100 or so units in october. this was thought to e long unavailable except at a retired and marked up price through some online retailer and reseller websites for about $200.

boazb 11-16-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidstate (Post 54851720)
it's 100+ select playmobil items and not all playmobil items stocked:

http://www.toysrus.com/family/ind...6&view=all

the deals don't stack. however, any of the items from the link above that are either a) already on clearance and discounted or b) part of their 'big christmas book' promotion and still be disounted will still be discounted. the bogo 50 deals are not terribly uncommon with toys r us.

one thing worth mentioning: you don't have to buy 2 of the same set to make this work. put two titles that are close enough or identical in cost together.

I called and was told all 3 deals will stack in store. Don't know if that is true - I could only get through to a TRU in another city to ask. My local one hasn't answered the phone all day.

boazb 11-16-2012 01:50 PM

I can confirm all promotions stack in store. i got 25% off items over $50, buy 1get 1 50% off, the free toy, and the $10 gift card! amazing!

plh2007 11-16-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boazb (Post 54857340)
I can confirm all promotions stack in store. i got 25% off items over $50, buy 1get 1 50% off, the free toy, and the $10 gift card! amazing!

thank you for updating your post with this info. I went to the TRU store this evening and walked away with pirate adventure island, secret agent headquarters, summer house, police harbor station and 2 take along hospital .. should have cost over $400 and it cost me $239 and got the $30 promo credit..

Also bumped into a very nice SDer in the Playmobil aisle.. my first face-to-face meetup with an SDer :)

solidstate 11-17-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boazb (Post 54857340)

that is amazing! trip in order. can you confirm that the prices were the same from the get go since many of the web prices are already discounted 25%. in my case it sort of doesn't matter since our toys r us stores keep really poor stock on playmobil - i.e. reduced to single side half of an aisle shared with calico critters.

solidstate 11-17-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plh2007 (Post 54871498)
thank you for updating your post with this info. I went to the TRU store this evening and walked away with pirate adventure island, secret agent headquarters, summer house, police harbor station and 2 take along hospital .. should have cost over $400 and it cost me $239 and got the $30 promo credit..

Also bumped into a very nice SDer in the Playmobil aisle.. my first face-to-face meetup with an SDer :)

hey there, can you say whether the in store bogo 50 deal was across the board on all playmobil or is it restricted to select items like on the website? thanks for any insights.

boazb 11-17-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidstate (Post 54877298)
hey there, can you say whether the in store bogo 50 deal was across the board on all playmobil or is it restricted to select items like on the website? thanks for any insights.

The BOGO 50 deal was across the board. Just like it is online. Also like online, that stacks ontop of the 20% off western and country sets, and the 25% off all sets over $49.99. But unlike online, you also get the free $20 toy with a $65 purchase and a free $10 gift card with a $75 purchase. Really sweet. You need a printed coupon for the $10 gift card which I posted back in the original post.

This was such a great deal I called two different stores to ask if it would all stack and was told it would. I then asked two different reps in the store and they also assured me they all stacked. Everyone was very friendly and there was no problem with everything working automatically. BUT the Playmobil shelves were about half empty yesterday. The sale ends today.

Also, I planned to just return my original ebay order and buy everything again, but my order had actually already arrived so I just took it to the store and they let me return it and rebuy it right then and there.

boazb 11-17-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidstate (Post 54876526)
that is amazing! trip in order. can you confirm that the prices were the same from the get go since many of the web prices are already discounted 25%. in my case it sort of doesn't matter since our toys r us stores keep really poor stock on playmobil - i.e. reduced to single side half of an aisle shared with calico critters.

Yes the prices were all discounted between 20% to 25%. The same prices as online. The B1G1 50% off stacked on top of this (e.g. and item that was originally $100 would ring up $75 and the second one would ring up for half that. On top of that you get the free toy at $65 and the free $10 gift card. But one of the stores I called was already sold out of the free toy, so you may want to call in advance. I went to one further out and they had several of the skate parks still in stock but were out of the pools.

becky418 11-17-2012 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=boazb;54887648]The BOGO 50 deal was across the board. Just like it is online. Also like online, that stacks ontop of the 20% off western and country sets, and the 25% off all sets over $49.99. But unlike online, you also get the free $20 toy with a $65 purchase and a free $10 gift card with a $75 purchase. Really sweet. You need a printed coupon for the $10 gift card which I posted back in the original post.

Can you please tell me how to get the bogo 50 off online for the country and western as I cannot get it to work? Also it is not listed as bogo 50. The only discount working on that line is the 20% off. thanks

boazb 11-17-2012 08:50 PM

Sorry, it worked on lined on every item online i tried. The sign in store clearly said it was on "all." You can try customer service. Sorry again!