Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Office Depot FAR software for 11/22/2012 thru 11/24/2012 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5510044-office-depot-far-software-for-11-22-2012-thru-11-24-2012)

bpvh 11-15-2012 09:08 PM

Office Depot FAR software for 11/22/2012 thru 11/24/2012

2 Attachment(s)

I have orphaned this thread without telling anyone. The rebates started before the Black Friday sale.

Please see "Office Depot FAR software for the week of 11/18/2012" LINK

One title free after rebate and one title $9.99 after rebate. Will update to my usual standards at some point.

PhotoImpact® Pro 13
Item #948-245
FREE After $4 Instant & $50 Mail-In Savings & $30 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings
In Store Price $79.99

Kaspersky® Pure Total Security - 3 user
Item #342-355
$9.99 After $80 Mfr. Mail-In Savings
In Store Price $89.99

--------------------

****ALERT ON MCAFEE REBATES****

McAfee enforces a one per product limit on its rebates. It does not matter if the rebate has a different rebate number or offer period. The rebate invalidation message is "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

--------------------

NOTES:

--- "FAR": free after rebate
--- "completely new rebates": the goal of my Office Depot rebate threads is that the rebates of any title listed in the "completely new rebates" category can be submitted without concern for past rebate submissions.
--- "standard rebate": all rebate proofs can be satisfied with the purchase of the title.
--- "upgrade rebate": at least one rebate proof requires providing a certain proof of owning a previous version of the product or a competitors' product.
--- "CONTINUING rebate": the rebate was not offered for the first time during this offer period. Please check your rebate submission history to determine whether you have submitted this rebate in the past.
--- "onbox" or "inbox" rebate: the rebate form or the information for submitting the rebate are found on or in the product box. If known, a link to a pdf version of the rebate or the pre-submission information for the rebate are provided.

--------------------

The following search should return most earlier "Office Depot FAR software" threads: SEARCH LINK

--------------------

ToadKilla 11-15-2012 09:27 PM

Do coupons impact return on OD rebates? new to OD rebates lol. OM going down the drain so have to find avenues

TDMVP73 11-15-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54833828)

Kaspersky® Pure Total Security - 3 user
Item #342-355
$9.99 After $80 Mfr. Mail-In Savings
In Store Price $89.99

Hey bpvh,

Do you have any knowledge about Kaspersky Rebates when the purchase price is less than the rebate amount?

Just wondering... because as of right now, Best Buy has Pure 2.0 Total Security - 3 User License for $49.99.

If we get a PM to Best Buy and fill out the rebate, it could be a potential $30 MM.

;)

bpvh 11-15-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad_Killa (Post 54834122)
Do coupons impact return on OD rebates? new to OD rebates lol. OM going down the drain so have to find avenues

Generally no.

ToadKilla 11-15-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54834174)
Hey bpvh,

Do you have any knowledge about Kaspersky Rebates when the purchase price is less than the rebate amount?

Just wondering... because as of right now, Best Buy has Pure 2.0 Total Security - 3 User License for $49.99.

If we get a PM to Best Buy and fill out the rebate, it could be a potential $30 MM.

;)

Is it same SKU/UPC? I know staples has been strict on PMing..everything gotta match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54834290)
Generally no.

Nice. Thanks. Gonna do this. OD sent 20/75 or something. will make some money there.

TDMVP73 11-15-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad_Killa (Post 54834330)
Is it same SKU/UPC? I know staples has been strict on PMing..everything gotta match.

I don't know. The Office Depot product page is pretty barren and doesn't list any information really.
LINK [officedepot.com]

bpvh 11-15-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Hey bpvh,

;)

Office Depot Kaspersky rebates are generally processed by Young America while most other reseller Kaspersky rebates are handled by Velocity Fulfillment (status-now.com aka rebateaccess.com).

AFAIK the payouts on OD Kaspersky rebates processed by Young America are not reduced for either price matches or coupon use.

Not really sure for the Kaspersky rebates processed by Velocity Fulfillment but I do not recall reading about any rebate payout reduction.

screenname 11-15-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Hey bpvh,

;)

Most likely the Kaspersky SW will have 2 rebates and PM with Bestbuy should work.

ToadKilla 11-15-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54834352)
I don't know. The Office Depot product page is pretty barren and doesn't list any information really.
LINK [officedepot.com]

OD
Item # 342355
Manufacturer # 8092156

BB
Publisher: Kaspersky Lab SKU: 4854782

Can't find BB Manufacturer #. Generally if that info is not there, PM is allowed.

bpvh 11-15-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad_Killa (Post 54834330)
Nice. Thanks. Gonna do this. OD sent 20/75 or something. will make some money there.

An Office Depot coupon valid on tech/software. That is extremely rare at least for the last year or so.

TDMVP73 11-15-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screenname (Post 54834486)
Most likely the Kaspersky SW will have 2 rebates and PM with Bestbuy should work.

Yeah, that's what I thought. However, it's definitely going to be 1 $80 rebate.

So basically, PM to BB at $49.99 - $80 = $30.01 MM (less postage and tax).

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54834480)
Office Depot Kaspersky rebates are generally processed by Young America while most other reseller Kaspersky rebates are handled by Velocity Fulfillment (status-now.com).

AFAIK the payouts on OD Kaspersky rebates processed by Young America are not reduced for either price matches or coupon use.

Not really sure for the Kaspersky rebates processed by Velocity Fulfillment but I do not recall reading about any rebate payout reduction.

Yeah, I remember my last OD Kaspersky Rebate was fulfilled by Young America, I just couldn't remember if the terms said anything about the purchase price. I know that Trend Micro rebates always say that the purchase price has to be $25 or greater to qualify on the $60 rebates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad_Killa (Post 54834498)
OD
Item # 342355
Manufacturer # 8092156

The Item # is only for OD.
The Manufacturer # is nowhere to be found on the Best Buy page [bestbuy.com], but the product title is essentially the same.

I think it'll fly. :)

ToadKilla 11-15-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54834536)
An Office Depot coupon valid on tech/software. That is extremely rare at least for the last year or so.

And so it is. Excludes tech. Hope they take competitor coupons :P I have staples 25/75 that has no exclusions.

ToadKilla 11-15-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54834636)
Yeah, that's what I thought. However, it's definitely going to be 1 $80 rebate.

So basically, PM to BB at $49.99 - $80 = $30.01 MM (less postage and tax).

Yeah, I remember my last OD Kaspersky Rebate was fulfilled by Young America, I just couldn't remember if the terms said anything about the purchase price. I know that Trend Micro rebates always say that the purchase price has to be $25 or greater to qualify on the $60 rebates.

The Item # is only for OD.
The Manufacturer # is nowhere to be found on the Best Buy page [bestbuy.com], but the product title is essentially the same.

I think it'll fly. :)

Yep. For some reason the copy paste didn't work on the BB info. I updated my post on that. I am unable to find BB's info also. IN that case, generally it works. If it does, it'd be good MM deal.

SirMadrigal 11-15-2012 10:11 PM

Mod plz delete

SirMadrigal 11-15-2012 10:12 PM

Where is the info on the rebate? Is there an online one or is it on the actual box meaning I have to convince myself to go to the store and actually do some leg work haha, I hate B&M shopping, I love online ordering.

gazr 11-15-2012 10:21 PM

Hmmmm.... rebate is good from 11/18 (and yes, it's young-america).

Link: Rebate Form [young-america.com]

TDMVP73 11-15-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazr (Post 54835696)

Thanks for the rebate form gazr. Repped!

tenderidol 11-15-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazr (Post 54835696)

Interesting. So, we can just go ahead and purchase it tomorrow, then? The reason I'd like to do this is to be able to use a competitor's coupon which may not be allowed during BF.

TDMVP73 11-15-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderidol (Post 54836678)
Interesting. So, we can just go ahead and purchase it tomorrow, then? The reason I'd like to do this is to be able to use a competitor's coupon which may not be allowed during BF.

No, 11/18 is Sunday, so you can't do it until then because that's when the rebate is valid. ;)

SDRox2008 11-15-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad_Killa (Post 54834122)
OM going down the drain so have to find avenues

whats OM?

Quote:

could be a potential $30 MM.

;)

MM = money maker?

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but in my search I havent been able to find a dedicated (free after) rebate forum on here... and forum searching system isnt the best in locating such deals, esp since some ppl just say FAR etc and there arent consistent terms to search -- anyways, whats the best way to find FARs?

I realize not every little thing that is FAR (or better/MM) maybe posted on here but atleast something to get started.

any other suggestions regarding how I can go about finding those good deals, especially big ones?

thanks!

TDMVP73 11-16-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRox2008 (Post 54837342)
whats OM?

MM = money maker?

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but in my search I havent been able to find a dedicated (free after) rebate forum on here... and forum searching system isnt the best in locating such deals, esp since some ppl just say FAR etc and there arent consistent terms to search -- anyways, whats the best way to find FARs?

I realize not every little thing that is FAR (or better/MM) maybe posted on here but atleast something to get started.

any other suggestions regarding how I can go about finding those good deals, especially big ones?

thanks!

Sorry, yes.. MM = Money Maker.

Sometimes with other veteran SDers I use abbreviations because they know what I'm talking about. Kind of like short-hand for deals.

There's no easy way to search for FAR or Free After Rebate items in particular. You could set up a deal alert to send you a message any time "FAR" or "Free After Rebate" is in the title or keywords of a thread.

Also, you could use filtering to find deals that involve a rebate:
LINK - Deal Type -> Rebate
LINK - Free after rebate

Those tags don't always pick up everything though.

Most of the FAR deals for software and electronics come from Fry's, TigerDirect, Newegg, and MicroCenter. Occasionally, something on Amazon may involve a rebate as well.

Superocean 11-16-2012 12:31 AM

You might want to print out the BestBuy product page to take to OD on sunday. I don't know if they'll have the same price on sunday but I'm going to try. I printed one out so I'll give it a shot if I have any energy left after picking up a Wii U at midnight.

TDMVP73 11-16-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superocean (Post 54837854)
You might want to print out the BestBuy product page to take to OD on sunday. I don't know if they'll have the same price on sunday but I'm going to try. I printed one out so I'll give it a shot if I have any energy left after picking up a Wii U at midnight.

Yeah, good call. Although my OD managers are d-bags when it comes to PMing software because they know about our rebate tricks. :lol:

They usually get online and check Best Buy's website to see if the price is current.

SDRox2008 11-16-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54837660)
Sorry, yes.. MM = Money Maker.

Sometimes with other veteran SDers I use abbreviations because they know what I'm talking about. Kind of like short-hand for deals.

There's no easy way to search for FAR or Free After Rebate items in particular. You could set up a deal alert to send you a message any time "FAR" or "Free After Rebate" is in the title or keywords of a thread.

Also, you could use filtering to find deals that involve a rebate:
LINK - Deal Type -> Rebate
LINK - Free after rebate

Those tags don't always pick up everything though.

Most of the FAR deals for software and electronics come from Fry's, TigerDirect, Newegg, and MicroCenter. Occasionally, something on Amazon may involve a rebate as well.

thanks, appreciate the heads up, good to know.

am I correct then, most of these rebates are for softwares usually? ... came across this article (http://www.businessinsider.com/a-...tes-2012-9) and was wondering if I could do this too part time on the side... also came across this thread - http://slickdeals.net/f/2604539-Rebating-Your-Way-to-Savings while looking for tips, but ideal would be some FAR thread/forum dedicated to it... unless we just do it the old fashioned way by look at the weekly ads/circulars sent out by certain stores.

hopefully BF has some food FAR deals :)

tenderidol 11-16-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54837146)
No, 11/18 is Sunday, so you can't do it until then because that's when the rebate is valid. ;)

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention :)

TDMVP73 11-16-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRox2008 (Post 54837902)
thanks, appreciate the heads up, good to know.

am I correct then, most of these rebates are for softwares usually? ... came across this article (http://www.businessinsider.com/a-...tes-2012-9) and was wondering if I could do this too part time on the side... also came across this thread - http://slickdeals.net/f/2604539-Rebating-Your-Way-to-Savings while looking for tips, but ideal would be some FAR thread/forum dedicated to it... unless we just do it the old fashioned way by look at the weekly ads/circulars sent out by certain stores.

hopefully BF has some food FAR deals :)

Not always. There have been all sorts of FAR items at TigerDirect and Newegg. Most of the stuff is computer, electronics, or software-related.

That Business Insider article is a bit misleading. Paying for your entire tuition bill in rebate cards isn't some badge of honor, because a rebate prepaid card DOES NOT equal profit. Many of the times he is simply getting back the price he paid on the software or items + cashback.

It takes a lot of time and effort to go and peddle software on eBay and Craigslist. In some cases, the small profit might not be worth the effort.

There really isn't any dedicated FAR thread or forum. Deals are posted as they come in.

Superocean posts the Weekly Fry's FAR Software. You can find his threads by searching "Frys Weekly Free After Rebate."

bpvh posts the Office Depot FAR Software. You can find his threads by searching "Office Depot FAR." He also posts Office Depot & Office Max Rewards Deals.

I post a lot of FAR deals for TigerDirect. You can usually find my threads by searching "FAR @ TigerDirect.com."

There are plenty of other regular contributors as well (too many to name in one post), but I think that would be a good place to start.

Also, if you see a user that posts deals that you like, you could always choose to "follow them". That's another way to gets heads up when a deal comes along.

SDRox2008 11-16-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54838064)
Not always. There have been all sorts of FAR items at TigerDirect and Newegg. Most of the stuff is computer, electronics, or software-related.

That Business Insider article is a bit misleading. Paying for your entire tuition bill in rebate cards isn't some badge of honor, because a rebate prepaid card DOES NOT equal profit. Many of the times he is simply getting back the price he paid on the software or items + cashback.

It takes a lot of time and effort to go and peddle software on eBay and Craigslist. In some cases, the small profit might not be worth the effort.

There really isn't any dedicated FAR thread or forum. Deals are posted as they come in.

Superocean posts the Weekly Fry's FAR Software. You can find his threads by searching "Frys Weekly Free After Rebate."

bpvh posts the Office Depot FAR Software. You can find his threads by searching "Office Depot FAR." He also posts Office Depot & Office Max Rewards Deals.

I post a lot of FAR deals for TigerDirect. You can usually find my threads by searching "FAR @ TigerDirect.com."

There are plenty of other regular contributors as well (too many to name in one post), but I think that would be a good place to start.

Also, if you see a user that posts deals that you like, you could always choose to "follow them". That's another way to gets heads up when a deal comes along.

lol i wasnt planning on getting a tuition out of it... just a few bucks here and there.

do you guys actually use all this software from these deals? or how/what do you guys go about all this esp the rebate tricks you mentioned above if you dont mind me asking :)

TDMVP73 11-16-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRox2008 (Post 54838332)
lol i wasnt planning on getting a tuition out of it... just a few bucks here and there.

do you guys actually use all this software from these deals? or how/what do you guys go about all this esp the rebate tricks you mentioned above if you dont mind me asking :)

Personally, I give away a lot of FAR software to friends or if it's something with a respectable profit margin, I'll sell it on Craigslist or eBay. Sometimes, I'll use one software title as a competitive product for another rebate if required to be eligible for "upgrade rebates."

I typically don't bother with most AntiVirus/Security Suite rebates unless one of these applies:
A) It's a software title I want to install on one of my computers.
B) It's a money maker.

As for the non-software FAR stuff... I keep most of it. I've accumulated all kinds of cool stuff over time: countless pairs of earbuds, network switches, PC cases, motherboards, fans, power supplies, desktop & laptop memory, notebook coolers, laptop bags, AC & DC chargers, graphics cards, wireless adapters, PC cleaning wipes & kits. HDMI switches, flashlights, mice, keyboards, motor oil, wiper blades, spark plugs... the list goes on and on.

FAR 4 Life! :numchuck:

SDRox2008 11-16-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54838380)
I've accumulated all kinds of cool stuff over time: countless pairs of earbuds, network switches, PC cases, motherboards, fans, power supplies, desktop & laptop memory, notebook coolers, laptop bags, AC & DC chargers, graphics cards, wireless adapters, PC cleaning wipes & kits. HDMI switches, flashlights, mice, keyboards, motor oil, wiper blades, spark plugs... the list goes on and on.

FAR 4 Life! :numchuck:

woah, you've gotten FAR mobos and cases? ... even mem sticks and gfx cards? and all that above... nice! teach me your ways, master lol

yup see this is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to do... maybe I need to keep a better eye out unless these are few and far between... I remember coming across bluetooth headsets and such but nothing more than that as far as non-software stuff goes.

papoono 11-16-2012 02:16 AM

Is the kaspersky rebate valid for an online purchase? I'm new to OD FAR so I just want to make sure. TIA

slmrm 11-16-2012 02:44 AM

Bvph: what do you mean by one rebate per year for mcaffee? Is it per product or per retailer? Sorry for the questions, right now staples has mcafee 1 user & 3 users with rebates and they are both MM's with some effort. Just want to know if I can do both? TIA

rc9238 11-16-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Hey bpvh,

;)

PM is YMMV since technically they're supposed to take the rebates into account, which makes OD's price lower than BB's. But you might get lucky.

iridium 11-16-2012 04:20 AM

I think my $400 OD rewards from last quarter are going to waste .. no good far deals.

Scampsters 11-16-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderidol (Post 54836678)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54837146)

Maybe he is in a different timezone ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 54837890)
Yeah, good call. Although my OD managers are d-bags when it comes to PMing software because they know about our rebate tricks. :lol:

They usually get online and check Best Buy's website to see if the price is current.

Even when matching their own website aswell. I am suprised they are even capable of ringing stuff up at the same price they are selling it at.
Quote:

Originally Posted by iridium (Post 54840074)
I think my $400 OD rewards from last quarter are going to waste .. no good far deals.

ill give you $5 for them the max allowable under SD rules

Regroover 11-16-2012 06:41 AM

PhotoImpact rebate has bad rep

From some other site where SD minded people often lurk: "... that $30 upgrade rebate will be next to impossible for many if it's an upgrade of JUST this title and not competeting software"

ToadKilla 11-16-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRox2008 (Post 54837342)
whats OM?

MM = money maker?

thanks!

OM = Office Max, bpvh's stronghold lol. We've milked OM enough. Now it seems they are not doing their usual deals anymore.

slmrm 11-16-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54834290)
Generally no.

bumping my question:

Bvph: what do you mean by one rebate per year for mcaffee? Is it per product or per retailer? Sorry for the questions, right now staples has mcafee 1 user & 3 users with rebates and they are both MM's with some effort. Just want to know if I can do both? TIA

Regroover 11-16-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slmrm (Post 54847710)
bumping my question:

I got burned by McAfee on 2 rebates 10 months apart, different retailers.

I would say to be safe it's one rebate per year, at any one match of [name OR address OR product]. Be prepared for to fight for it, as they do not play nice.

slmrm 11-16-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regroover (Post 54847882)

I would say to be safe it's one rebate per year, at any one match of [name OR address OR product]. Be prepared for to fight for it, as they do not play nice.

Thanks for the reply! My previous one in May was for 2012 product and now can I do at least one 2013 product? Any thoughts... thanks!

syscom 11-16-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slmrm (Post 54847710)
bumping my question:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regroover (Post 54847882)

Quote:

Originally Posted by slmrm (Post 54848706)
Thanks for the reply! My previous one in May was for 2012 product and now can I do at least one 2013 product? Any thoughts... thanks!

I follow these rules and so far I have no problems in getting my rebates.

1. Buy only one "unique" product regardless of the "one product per year" condition. Different years are different products. Different "number of users" are different products.

So Total Protection 2012 is a different product from Total Protection 2013. Internet Security (IS) 3-user 2012 is a different product from Internet Security 1-user 2012.

If you follow this rule, basically you force yourself to comply with McAfee's "one product per year" condition.

For example, I purchased IS 2011 1-user (from Staples), IS 2011 3-user (Staples), IS 2012 1-user (OD), and IS 2012 3-user (OD). I got all my rebates without any problem. Actually I bought all four within a 12-month period.

2. Consider all vendors (OD, OM, Frys, Staples, Newegg, etc.) as one big vendor for McAfee products. So do not buy the same product from different vendors.

I followed these two rules and I got all my rebates without a hitch.

Note: I understand some SD'ers had reported getting rebates for the same product from different vendors.

bpvh 11-16-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papoono (Post 54839014)
Is the kaspersky rebate valid for an online purchase? I'm new to OD FAR so I just want to make sure. TIA

The Kaspersky rebate is valid for purchases in-store, online and via phone as are all the other rebates. In my threads, any rebate with a sales channel restriction will be noted.

papoono 11-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54853486)
The Kaspersky rebate is valid for purchases in-store, online and via phone as are all the other rebates. In my threads, any rebate with a sales channel restriction will be noted.

thanks bpvh.. repped.

iridium 11-17-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superocean (Post 54837854)

BB price is $89.99 now. So no go if manager checks it for current price.

Andy11 11-18-2012 10:12 PM

PhotoImpact® Pro 13 and Print Artist® Platinum 24 both have upgrade rebates? What competitors' products qualify for upgrade rebates?

bpvh 11-19-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwong1 (Post 54929958)
PhotoImpact® Pro 13 and Print Artist® Platinum 24 both have upgrade rebates? What competitors' products qualify for upgrade rebates?

The last go around neither title had an upgrade rebate. Both had one standard and one CONTINUING on-box standard.

See Office Depot FAR software for the week of 07/22/2012 and continuing the week of 07/29/2012.

Until the rebates are released that's the best available info.

papoono 11-19-2012 06:18 AM

Bought Kaspersky Pure in-store today using the 20% off s/w Staples coupon. Tiny MM with $78.38 after tax (+ 5% CB using Ink). Manager had to check transaction since he mentioned that competitor Qs normally didn't apply to Tech.

Andy11 11-19-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54933306)
The last go around neither title had an upgrade rebate. Both had one standard and one CONTINUING on-box standard.

See Office Depot FAR software for the week of 07/22/2012 and continuing the week of 07/29/2012.

Do the continuing on box standard require anything that a new user doesn't have? I read the rebate it seems just like the standard rebate.

AndroAsc 11-19-2012 07:44 AM

Are these FAR deals good online? Website is still missing rebate form or the item itself...

bpvh 11-19-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 54933306)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwong1 (Post 54939600)
Do the continuing on box standard require anything that a new user doesn't have? I read the rebate it seems just like the standard rebate.

As noted, for the most recent go around, both rebates for both titles were standard rebates so a new user could meet the rebates requirements.

bpvh 11-19-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroAsc (Post 54939648)
Are these FAR deals good online? Website is still missing rebate form or the item itself...

The rebates themselves are most likely valid on online purchases. There has not been a single rebate in the Office Depot FAR threads that was not valid on online purchases in the past two years to so.

That said, it is very hard to purchase an item online if the item is not available online and it is also very hard -- although not impossible -- to submit a rebate for an online purchase if the rebate form is not available online.

Andy11 11-19-2012 08:53 PM

Look out!
The rebate for AVG internet security 1 user didn't print out. I double check the item number; it did match the number in this promotion. So I will return the item.

OITSoulReaver 11-22-2012 10:45 PM

More available items with rebates: LINK [officedepot.com]

FAR:

QuickBooks® Online Simple Start 2013 - Item # 826207
$80 MIR

$10 AR:

Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle - Item # 873394

$20 Regular
$15 Upgrade

bpvh 11-22-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OITSoulReaver (Post 55155684)
More available items with rebates: LINK [officedepot.com]

FAR:

QuickBooks® Online Simple Start 2013 - Item # 826207
$80 MIR

$10 AR:

Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle - Item # 873394

$20 Regular
$15 Upgrade

I have orphaned this thread without telling anyone. All the rebates started earlier. The titles mentioned above have already been included in the thread below.

See "Office Depot FAR software for the week of 11/18/2012" LINK

OITSoulReaver 11-22-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpvh (Post 55156144)
I have orphaned this thread without telling anyone. All the rebates started earlier. The titles mentioned above have already been included in the thread below.

See "Office Depot FAR software for the week of 11/18/2012" LINK

Thanks for the update, I wasn't following the other thread. I thought it was strange that you didn't update this thread with rebate information.