Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Black Friday 2014 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Xbox Live Point Deals? (http://slickdeals.net/f/5525826-xbox-live-point-deals)

BigCheese 11-18-2012 05:27 PM

Xbox Live Point Deals?

Does anybody know of ANY deals on MS points this black Friday? I was really excited about the 50% off deal at Target, but now it looks like the final add switched that from Xbox points to gold membership cards.

Thanks for any help you can give!

joker69 11-18-2012 08:11 PM

Can you link to the final target ad?

IamPro 11-18-2012 08:12 PM

I really need some for Black Ops season pass which is retardedly overpriced :(

AnthonyMelendez 11-18-2012 08:30 PM

If they changed the Microsoft Points, people will be going to best buy, sears and Walmart only. That would piss off alot of people that were about to go to Target.

Foladar 11-18-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker69 (Post 54924590)
Can you link to the final target ad?

It's on their site:
http://weeklyad.target.com/

It could still be on sale in-store, might have been removed to avoid PMing. It still says "and more"

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMelendez (Post 54925164)
If they changed the Microsoft Points, people will be going to best buy, sears and Walmart only. That would piss off alot of people that were about to go to Target.

It's definitely changed in their ad, $10 for the 3-month (instead of 1600 points) listed. Who knows if it'll be $10 still in-store, since the ad does say "and more"

joker69 11-19-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foladar (Post 54925930)
It's on their site:
http://weeklyad.target.com/
It could still be on sale in-store, might have been removed to avoid PMing. It still says "and more"
It's definitely changed in their ad, $10 for the 3-month (instead of 1600 points) listed. Who knows if it'll be $10 still in-store, since the ad does say "and more"

Thanks man appreciate it, I'm really hoping that the fact that it says more, the points are included. Buying those season passes nowadays are just a headache. Cost so muchhhh. This deal makes them all worth it.

Nick2618 11-19-2012 02:18 PM

This deal will give you 4000 points for 39 dollars. The website looks shady but I used it the other day and got the points instantly.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5432938-Crazy-Game-Time-3200-Microsoft-Points-31-98-4000-points-38-99-Instant-Delivery

HypnoticSilence 11-22-2012 08:57 PM

I was really excited to potentially see some Xbox Live Point deals as well, but I don't see such luck.

nauciter 11-22-2012 09:14 PM

Go to target. The ads in-store have them pictured, and they'll price match it. I just scored a couple.

4me 11-22-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nauciter (Post 55145538)
Go to target. The ads in-store have them pictured, and they'll price match it. I just scored a couple.

Picked up 3 target ones about an hour ago. They have to change it at the register, but it works. You have to get the ones that match the picture in the Ad - not the normal looking ones.

CaboDeals 11-22-2012 09:41 PM

Just went on a mission to get the $10 1600 Microsoft Point cards. Brought my Target paper with me...it still had the 1600 cards advertised in it. First went to Walmart and tried to price match, but they refused. They said even if they wanted to price match it..it was impossible to over-ride the price on cards. So I went to Target. On the shelf they had the 3-Month Live cards marked on sale at $10 but the shelf was wiped out of them, but the 1600 point cards were regular price at $20 and there was a big stack of them. I took 2 to the front express register, couldnt believe there was no waiting. Each card rang up at $20. I showed her the Target ad and she over-rided the price in the system so they were $10 each like their ad says. I paid with my REDcard so the total was $19 with no added tax for 3200 Microsoft Points. I should have bought more than 2
Oh also, I price matched $9 Max Payne 3 at Wal-Mart with a printout of the Kmart website that I brought with me, with no problem whatsoever.

Croq 11-22-2012 09:47 PM

I bought 20 MSP cards at my Target for $200 total. Had to go to guest services so they could override the price for each card. They were happy to do it, but wanted to check with a manager to ensure that I could get that many (no limit was specified in the ad). Took a little while of standing my ground (pointing out the TV ad on the front that did say Limit 1 per customer, while this deal did not). Long story short, the manager eventually said "go ahead and sell them to him". So woohoo!

Shouldn't need any more points for a long long time...

jtronic88 11-22-2012 10:15 PM

The local Target in my area had the 1600 MS Points card priced at $20. I didn't have the store ad with me but I told them the card was advertise at $10. They found out that the card was indeed $10 so they honored it.

Just let them know the advertised price in the ad. It's probably better to have the store Ad with the 1600 MS points card listed on hand just in case if they don't have it.

CaboDeals 11-22-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croq (Post 55147272)
I bought 20 MSP cards at my Target for $200 total. Had to go to guest services so they could override the price for each card. They were happy to do it, but wanted to check with a manager to ensure that I could get that many (no limit was specified in the ad). Took a little while of standing my ground (pointing out the TV ad on the front that did say Limit 1 per customer, while this deal did not). Long story short, the manager eventually said "go ahead and sell them to him". So woohoo!

Shouldn't need any more points for a long long time...

You better redeem one now, to make sure they were activated correctly at checkout. I was afraid Walmart idiots would screw it up and sell me a $10 piece of plastic if I price matched the Target ad.

slick.edge 11-22-2012 11:02 PM

Just bought 2 of the older style 1600 point cards and they rang up properly at $10.

Electronics didn't have any on the pegs but they had plenty at all the registers up front.

sjncrulz 11-22-2012 11:07 PM

Deal Worked At Walmart

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaboDeals (Post 55147020)
Just went on a mission to get the $10 1600 Microsoft Point cards. Brought my Target paper with me...it still had the 1600 cards advertised in it. First went to Walmart and tried to price match, but they refused. They said even if they wanted to price match it..it was impossible to over-ride the price on cards. So I went to Target. On the shelf they had the 3-Month Live cards marked on sale at $10 but the shelf was wiped out of them, but the 1600 point cards were regular price at $20 and there was a big stack of them. I took 2 to the front express register, couldnt believe there was no waiting. Each card rang up at $20. I showed her the Target ad and she over-rided the price in the system so they were $10 each like their ad says. I paid with my REDcard so the total was $19 with no added tax for 3200 Microsoft Points. I should have bought more than 2
Oh also, I price matched $9 Max Payne 3 at Wal-Mart with a printout of the Kmart website that I brought with me, with no problem whatsoever.

One of my best friends went to our local Wal-mart and they price matched the $10 per card deal and he picked up 12 of them. Obviously YMMV from what it sounds like but might be worth a shot. This was at the West Olathe, KS Walmart. Good luck everyone.

NotMandatory 11-24-2012 12:39 AM

Just scored a bunch of these at Target in St. Louis. They were pretty much out of the printed sales circulars, but the customer service rep went and found one at one of the registers for me.

There were tons of cards available since the shelves didn't have the $10 price...just the printed circular. I also skipped the Call of Duty/Modern Warfare and other "themed" 1600 point cards and hunted for the ones illustrated in the print ad (they look like this [highspeedbackbone.net]).

Interestingly, someone in the store had completely removed the price tag on one shelf display that had the COD themed cards...but the regular $19.99 price was listed at a second shelf display which had the generic green and white ones matching the ad.

At the register, I asked them to scan one "to see if they rang up at the sale price, since the price tag on the shelf didn't match their sales circular". It rang up as the usual $19.99. I then used the printed circular they hunted down for me to show how it was advertised at $10.

The cashier tried to play it off as an even more temporary sale for the early bird Black Friday shoppers, but I politely pointed out that the circular said these prices were good all day Friday and Saturday. He called over a manager, and after they confirmed that the card was identical to the circular (again, the Call of Duty and other "themed" 1600 point cards would almost certainly have been rejected at this point since they put the cards right next to the circular's picture to compare), so they manually marked each one down to $10.

Since the advertised prices are good Friday AND Saturday, you still have time to try this at your local Target tomorrow. It's well worth the effort!

Friend of Sonic 11-24-2012 12:51 AM

Definitely one of the best deals this Black Friday. I went to one Target, and PMed at four Wal-Marts and got quite a bit. For some reason I'm tempted to get more lol.

thegameksk 11-24-2012 02:45 AM

Does anyone know which stores would match this price/ Also if you order it online is there anyway to get a price match?

ncsustylee 11-24-2012 10:09 AM

Reference this thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/5558677-Xbox-1600-MSP-Points-for-10-is-live-in-targets-mine-did-not-have-a-tag

I got 64 of them price matched at walmart last night. My fiancee is there now and going to try it with the older style cards ( they had at least 50 more, I'm thinking around 150)

IamPro 11-24-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncsustylee (Post 55236584)
Reference this thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/5558677-Xbox-1600-MSP-Points-for-10-is-live-in-targets-mine-did-not-have-a-tag

I got 64 of them price matched at walmart last night. My fiancee is there now and going to try it with the older style cards ( they had at least 50 more, I'm thinking around 150)

:eek::eek::eek::lol:

ncsustylee 11-24-2012 11:59 AM

An update: fiancee just came back from walmart with 50 more, still the green and white kind, and apparently they have at least 100 more (I only had given her the green light for 50). Apologies for the copy paste replies in multiple threads.

SlickRat 12-05-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncsustylee (Post 55241368)
An update: fiancee just came back from walmart with 50 more, still the green and white kind, and apparently they have at least 100 more (I only had given her the green light for 50). Apologies for the copy paste replies in multiple threads.

What would you do with all those cards?

ncsustylee 12-05-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratko (Post 55721788)
What would you do with all those cards?

I've given 12 as gifts, kept 8 for myself (will likely be making the switch from spotify to xbox music next year), and in the process of selling the rest. I'm down to 69 or 70 I believe.