Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ARCTIC MX2 Thermal Paste -4gram FAR ($10.99) + FS @ Newegg (New Rebate) (http://slickdeals.net/e/5537498-arctic-mx2-thermal-paste-4gram-far-10-99-fs-newegg-new-rebate)

gazr 11-20-2012 03:05 AM

ARCTIC MX2 Thermal Paste -4gram FAR ($10.99) + FS @ Newegg (New Rebate)
 
65535 Attachment(s)
Back again with a different rebate.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6835186020

Rebate Link: http://images10.newegg.com/upload...2lt12c.pdf


Link to previous FP expired deal for reference: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/82326/newegg-arctic-cooling-mx2-thermal-compound

Discombobulated 11-20-2012 03:05 AM

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound Free after $10.99 Rebate + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
Newegg.com has Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound for $10.99 - $10.99 Rebate = Free. Shipping is free. Thanks gazr

TDMVP73 11-20-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazr (Post 54981448)

Thanks gazr. I love me some freebies! :)

vivisimonvi 11-20-2012 03:25 AM

Looks like it's rebate season again!

peanut932 11-20-2012 04:05 AM

Wow, free stuff. Bought one and I don't even need it.

theOneUpper 11-20-2012 04:27 AM

I hate rebates but I like free.

avalon 11-20-2012 04:42 AM

Thanks, my last arctic tube is like 5 years old so probably need some new stuff for the future.

I guess this is my one black friday purchase.

endgame42 11-20-2012 05:47 AM

FAR Deals like this make me think we're just making money for the credit card companies and the post office.

alany611 11-20-2012 05:53 AM

it says visa so i'm assuming i can use this card anywhere, not just newegg.com right?

sorry just trying to be careful, the newegg.com on it is making me nervous x.x

SmokeMaxX 11-20-2012 05:58 AM

Oh man. I'm probably gonna jump on this later today. Great for fixing Xboxes.

avalon 11-20-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alany611 (Post 54983632)
it says visa so i'm assuming i can use this card anywhere, not just newegg.com right?

sorry just trying to be careful, the newegg.com on it is making me nervous x.x

newegg is right up there with amazon for trustworthiness, at least last time I checked

it's just newegg branding, visa is visa and I hope redbox usable, we'll see

alany611 11-20-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avalon (Post 54983966)
newegg is right up there with amazon for trustworthiness, at least last time I checked

it's just newegg branding, visa is visa and I hope redbox usable, we'll see

thanks, gave you rep but my rep is still too low to give rep :lol:

quabido 11-20-2012 06:26 AM

in 4 1, thanks OP!

hallowmann 11-20-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alany611 (Post 54983632)
it says visa so i'm assuming i can use this card anywhere, not just newegg.com right?

sorry just trying to be careful, the newegg.com on it is making me nervous x.x

Most big companies that offer Rebate cards have a specially designed card with their logo. Its advertising. I have had numerous OCZ, MSI, Patriot, Corsair, etc. rebate cards that each had different designs, but were all either normal VISA or Amex prepaid cards. Its normal practice now.

spicytofu 11-20-2012 06:35 AM

new rebate means we can get another one if we got the first one?

jjstables 11-20-2012 07:12 AM

Typo in title: "-4gram"

Deal is actually for a positive amount of thermal paste.

Edxzxz 11-20-2012 07:15 AM

I got a far xigmatek thermal paste from newegg last November, never got the rebate despite calling twice & emailing twice. For $8.99, I gave up bothering - just not going to bother this time w/newegg thermal paste rebate deal. It's only free if they actually pay the rebate.

lightfoot3b 11-20-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame42 (Post 54983536)
FAR Deals like this make me think we're just making money for the credit card companies and the post office.

Wait, what about me? I make money on it too! CB stacking + extra bonuses from spending more on my cc. I wanna feel like a winner too! :drool:

huevos 11-20-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edxzxz (Post 54985742)
I got a far xigmatek thermal paste from newegg last November, never got the rebate despite calling twice & emailing twice. For $8.99, I gave up bothering - just not going to bother this time w/newegg thermal paste rebate deal. It's only free if they actually pay the rebate.

To be fair, Xigmatek rebates are run in-house, and are perhaps the worst track record in history. Even worse than the Tigerdirect and CyberRebate days. This one is being run by Rebate Access, which has a fairly decent reputation.

With rebates, it's all about the processor and not necessarily the vendor.

Danzilla 11-20-2012 07:43 AM

Anyone have a clue how this would compare to some Arctic Silver 3 I've had for like 10 years? :)

Danzilla 11-20-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edxzxz (Post 54985742)
I got a far xigmatek thermal paste from newegg last November, never got the rebate despite calling twice & emailing twice. For $8.99, I gave up bothering - just not going to bother this time w/newegg thermal paste rebate deal. It's only free if they actually pay the rebate.

Newegg doesn't have anything to do with the rebates themselves. You shouldn't judge other rebates by problematic ones like Xigmatek. I too tried repeatedly to get action on a rebate from last Nov. from them. After having multiple emails ignored and getting 'mailbox is full' error from their voicemail, they finally responded to my recent email and claimed they'd be sending a check... Hasn't happened yet, but only been one week. I've had denied rebates or other mistakes in the past, but they're usually cleared up with an email or phone call pretty easily. Xigmatek was something else entirely.

adamant 11-20-2012 07:47 AM

Keep an eye on the price. Last time it dipped to $7.99 during the rebate period. People got credits to their CC for the $3, and will hopefully get the full $10.99 rebate. MM!

ZeroForever 11-20-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 54984642)
new rebate means we can get another one if we got the first one?

Going to assume no, unless you have multiple addresses.

Restrictions: Limit one rebate card per qualifying purchase per unique product. Limit one rebate card per address. Valid while
supplies last for purchases made in the 50 United States. Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Submissions
must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase date to qualify. Submissions mailed in after 30 days of purchase date will be
denied. Not valid with any other rebate offer. Rebates to clubs and associations are not allowed. Excludes items won or purchased
at or for fundraising banquets or similar events. No rain checks.

hapollo 11-20-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huevos (Post 54986120)
To be fair, Xigmatek rebates are run in-house, and are perhaps the worst track record in history. Even worse than the Tigerdirect and CyberRebate days. This one is being run by Rebate Access, which has a fairly decent reputation.

With rebates, it's all about the processor and not necessarily the vendor.


^ This

Edxzxz 11-20-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzilla (Post 54986718)
Newegg doesn't have anything to do with the rebates themselves. You shouldn't judge other rebates by problematic ones like Xigmatek. I too tried repeatedly to get action on a rebate from last Nov. from them. After having multiple emails ignored and getting 'mailbox is full' error from their voicemail, they finally responded to my recent email and claimed they'd be sending a check... Hasn't happened yet, but only been one week. I've had denied rebates or other mistakes in the past, but they're usually cleared up with an email or phone call pretty easily. Xigmatek was something else entirely.

What Newegg does have to do with the rebates is, despite multiple complaints from people whose rebates were never honored, Newegg still allows shady companies to promote bogus rebate deals on their site, and includes them in their email ads. I haven't given up on rebates, just Newegg thermal paste rebates. I got a ssd off newegg a while back, on a rebate deal, got my check np, so I hear you as far as Newegg not being the culprit, but they should take a harder line with companies selling through them who don't honor rebates.
Good luck on your year old xigmatek rebate claim. I gave up on mine. I'll send one last bitchy email to Newegg about it and that's it for me.

Danzilla 11-20-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edxzxz (Post 54987478)
What Newegg does have to do with the rebates is, despite multiple complaints from people whose rebates were never honored, Newegg still allows shady companies to promote bogus rebate deals on their site, and includes them in their email ads. I haven't given up on rebates, just Newegg thermal paste rebates. I got a ssd off newegg a while back, on a rebate deal, got my check np, so I hear you as far as Newegg not being the culprit, but they should take a harder line with companies selling through them who don't honor rebates.
Good luck on your year old xigmatek rebate claim. I gave up on mine. I'll send one last bitchy email to Newegg about it and that's it for me.

There's no good reason to be emailing Newegg. I tried it too and they claimed all they could do was forward my information to Xigmatek.
As for only not buying thermal paste products with rebates, that really doesn't make sense. The rebates are handled by different companies, regardless of whether it's the paste or a SSD. Avoiding Xigmatek products/rebates is about the only thing that does make sense in response to their shoddy rebate handling.
Also, from what I've seen Newegg hasn't had any Xigmatek rebates for some time now (six months?), so I do think they have responded to complaints in that matter.

hondaspeed05 11-20-2012 08:38 AM

Thanks!

billcsho 11-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edxzxz (Post 54985742)
I got a far xigmatek thermal paste from newegg last November, never got the rebate despite calling twice & emailing twice. For $8.99, I gave up bothering - just not going to bother this time w/newegg thermal paste rebate deal. It's only free if they actually pay the rebate.

Xigmatek rebate typically takes 4-6 months if they ever pay. I was lucky and got one $10 rebate on a FAR case fan last year after 4-5 months.

bastafidli 11-20-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzilla (Post 54987928)
There's no good reason to be emailing Newegg. I tried it too and they claimed all they could do was forward my information to Xigmatek.
As for only not buying thermal paste products with rebates, that really doesn't make sense. The rebates are handled by different companies, regardless of whether it's the paste or a SSD. Avoiding Xigmatek products/rebates is about the only thing that does make sense in response to their shoddy rebate handling.
Also, from what I've seen Newegg hasn't had any Xigmatek rebates for some time now (six months?), so I do think they have responded to complaints in that matter.

Fef years ago CompUSA (B&M) tried to claim the same and lots in court and was found responsible for the rebates to their customers. It is just matter of time and pissing of enough customers until NewEgg or other etailer will be in the same position.

ZeroChaos 11-20-2012 08:46 AM

ohhhh, online rebate...what can go wrong?

My thought:
(Saw FAR compound) Hell yeah, I'll buy it.
(Look on Newegg page) Oh, yeah I will definitely buy it.
(Look at the rebate pdf and saw "Go to newegg.rebate") fark! Scam.

I hate rebate that are online. You will almost never get it. I trust Newegg, but still the online rebate kills it. All I can say is if you are gonna buy this, you better make a copy of everything (and I mean everything) before mailing it out. You have 90% of the company "claiming" you missed something just to reject your rebate. Or they can go with the typical "Oh, we didn't receive your rebate. It must have been lost in the mail. Not our fault."

On the bright side, those rebate cards are good for signing on to trial deals like Netflix and Amazon prime. Can't charge me that damn $79.99 again on a no money card at at least $0.50 card LOL.

Edxzxz 11-20-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzilla (Post 54987928)
There's no good reason to be emailing Newegg. I tried it too and they claimed all they could do was forward my information to Xigmatek.
As for only not buying thermal paste products with rebates, that really doesn't make sense. The rebates are handled by different companies, regardless of whether it's the paste or a SSD. Avoiding Xigmatek products/rebates is about the only thing that does make sense in response to their shoddy rebate handling.
Also, from what I've seen Newegg hasn't had any Xigmatek rebates for some time now (six months?), so I do think they have responded to complaints in that matter.

well, it makes sense for me since I have 3 unopened thermal pastes on hand!
In the past, Newegg has made good on unfulfilled rebates. I'll email & complain anyway, since it will make me feel better. And yes, I am avoiding xigmatek rebates from now on.

huevos 11-20-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroChaos (Post 54989198)
ohhhh, online rebate...what can go wrong?

My thought:
(Saw FAR compound) Hell yeah, I'll buy it.
(Look on Newegg page) Oh, yeah I will definitely buy it.
(Look at the rebate pdf and saw "Go to newegg.rebate") fark! Scam.

I hate rebate that are online. You will almost never get it. I trust Newegg, but still the online rebate kills it. All I can say is if you are gonna buy this, you better make a copy of everything (and I mean everything) before mailing it out. You have 90% of the company "claiming" you missed something just to reject your rebate. Or they can go with the typical "Oh, we didn't receive your rebate. It must have been lost in the mail. Not our fault."

On the bright side, those rebate cards are good for signing on to trial deals like Netflix and Amazon prime. Can't charge me that damn $79.99 again on a no money card at at least $0.50 card LOL.

Uh..."online" rebates such as 4myrebate and Rebate Access are actually among the best in terms of large rebate clearinghouses. You get a tracking number and everything is scanned into their database, which you can view yourself. The process is incredibly transparent, particular compared to "non-online" rebates where you essentially have no idea what's going on until a check comes back to you.

I'm surprised that anyone actually delineates between "online" and "non-online" when essentially the only difference is more tracking information, better record-keeping, and significantly high accountability.

billcsho 11-20-2012 08:52 AM

By the way, this rebate has nothing to do with Xigmatek.

I submit over a thousand rebates in the past. I only have trouble with 2 or 3 rebates that cannot be solved. But I also got a couple rebates double paid me. You just need to be careful to choose vendor and offer. Make sure you follow the instruction (some requires signature) and keep record of submission. have no problem at all within the last 3 years including one Xigmatek rebate and I have received over $1600 rebate just in this year.

ZeroChaos 11-20-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huevos (Post 54989312)
Uh..."online" rebates such as 4myrebate and Rebate Access are actually among the best in terms of large rebate clearinghouses. You get a tracking number and everything is scanned into their database, which you can view yourself. The process is incredibly transparent, particular compared to "non-online" rebates where you essentially have no idea what's going on until a check comes back to you.

I'm surprised that anyone actually delineates between "online" and "non-online" when essentially the only difference is more tracking information, better record-keeping, and significantly high accountability.

Why you ask? Because I have been doing rebate since...(thinking) back in 1998. I keep record of all my rebates. The so-called "non-online" believe it or not DO paid their rebates. I have only missed one or two because those were no-name brand (learnt that lesson well).

Your so-called "online" rebate like the MSI and MicroTrend which I have to do online for 5 different occasion fark me over every time. After a loss of $400, I called it quit on online rebates. Hell, I just brought oil from Mobil One for a loudsy $4 and that check came in the mail yesterday.

Regardless of the rebates, it came down to the brand. Well-known brands like EVGA and Corsair will pay their rebates. Have you notice why their product prices are consistently higher than other brands? That's why.

My new favorite (by favorite I mean I hate the hell out of it) is Walgreen. It explicitly states NOT to staples all your papers and form together. So I tape it. Well, 4 weeks went by. Got a mail saying "you didn't include your receipt. We are sorry, we can't send you your money". Bullshit, I have been doing these rebates so long, it has becomes second nature. How dare you say I didn't have a receipt. Called them several time...guess what, nobody pick up, And when they do, guess again....yup "please wait" and you hang in there for hours. I hate you Walgreen rebate. $30 lesson well learnt.

huevos 11-20-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroChaos (Post 54989972)
Why you ask? Because I have been doing rebate since...(thinking) back in 1998. I keep record of all my rebates. The so-called "non-online" believe it or not DO paid their rebates. I have only missed one or two because those were no-name brand (learnt that lesson well).

Your so-called "online" rebate like the MSI and MicroTrend which I have to do online for 5 different occasion fark me over every time. After a loss of $400, I called it quit on online rebates. Hell, I just brought oil from Mobil One for a loudsy $4 and that check came in the mail yesterday.

Regardless of the rebates, it came down to the brand. Well-known brands like EVGA and Corsair will pay their rebates. Have you notice why their product prices are consistently higher than other brands? That's why.

You entirely missed the point. It's all about the rebate processor, NOT the individual company (unless they process in house) nor if they are online/offline rebates. MSI processes in house. Trent-Micro (I assume that's who you meant) uses RebatesHQ. Corsair processes in house. EVGA, who you think highly of, uses 4myrebates.

Of the above, ALL of them are actually "online" rebates, or have an online component.

I'm actually incredibly surprised that you continue to delineate the two types of rebates when all of the above are actually identical in implementation. Baffling. If anything, online submission is just a webform that spits out a formatted rebate form, and is fundamentally no different than handwriting it yourself on a printed PDF.

bunnyeric 11-20-2012 09:49 AM

OK. I brought one last time when it was FAR. I submitted the rebate but I cannot find the thermal compound.

Can I buy it again since it has a different promotion number?

someone31988 11-20-2012 10:02 AM

I got in on this last time and it still says "that offer is not found" when I try to track my rebate.

sylvryd 11-20-2012 10:18 AM

Can't go wrong with "free-99"

Patrickddl3 11-20-2012 10:21 AM

N 4 1, hopefully the rebate will go thru...

newb111 11-20-2012 10:54 AM

My rebate for the last one was already received and in processing. No worries here about getting it. In for another one.

Mummel 11-20-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb111 (Post 54994820)
My rebate for the last one was already received and in processing. No worries here about getting it. In for another one.

Mine just says "no order found". WTF does that mean?

Mummel 11-20-2012 10:59 AM

To check the status of your rebate, go to: http://status-now.com

RealDealNeil 11-20-2012 11:24 AM

Does anyone know if thermal paste is needed for this CPU cooler -
http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-SHUR...B0070066DI

This deal will be perfect if that is the case. This cooler is in the plans for my HTPC.

BestJinjo 11-20-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzilla (Post 54986566)
Anyone have a clue how this would compare to some Arctic Silver 3 I've had for like 10 years? :)

Performance wise, MX-2 is better than AS5. Application wise, MX-2 is also non-electrically conductive unlike AS products which makes it safer in case you apply too much and it spreads onto PCB components.

I find an even better test for quality of thermal paste is to see how it performs on a GPU since GPUs use a lot more power than CPUs and run hotter too. It really starts to separate them.

MX-2 is about mid-range for GPUs and easily better than AS5 (probably the most overrated thermal paste on the planet).
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/...html#sect0
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/...html#sect0

For CPUs, it's among the top of the group but the differences for CPUs will be much less in degrees:
http://skinneelabs.com/2011-therm...arison/3/#

Danzilla 11-20-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealDealNeil (Post 54996178)
Does anyone know if thermal paste is needed for this CPU cooler -
http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-SHUR...B0070066DI

This deal will be perfect if that is the case. This cooler is in the plans for my HTPC.

They usually come with a small application of thermal grease, but it's usually cheap stuff, and then you can easily do better with aftermarket products, like the one in this thread.

professorman 11-20-2012 11:45 AM

In for one!

sr71 11-20-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealDealNeil (Post 54996178)
Does anyone know if thermal paste is needed for this CPU cooler -
http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-SHUR...B0070066DI

This deal will be perfect if that is the case. This cooler is in the plans for my HTPC.

every retail cooler I've purchased has come with a portion of thermal paste, whether it's any good is a different matter.

my $0.02 on rebates - folks should read the instructions, follow to the letter AND make copies. often they get hung up by language on the printed form which appears nowhere during the online process
- no PO Boxes,
- Billing Address must match invoice,
- order # vs invoice # (Newegg esp)
- attach invoice vs. packing slip
- entire bottom panel vs. UPC
- UPC vs EAN vs PoP

starryship 11-20-2012 11:50 AM

cant beat free

peppermint 11-20-2012 12:16 PM

thansk

jimbeau 11-20-2012 12:21 PM

What method does everyone use to apply. The single dot the size of a grain of rice in the center, spread method or some other?

wasabi_fu 11-20-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbeau (Post 54998668)
What method does everyone use to apply. The single dot the size of a grain of rice in the center, spread method or some other?

Usually, I put on about the amount of a jelly bean. Then, I press down really hard with the heatsink against the CPU/motherboard to squeeze it flat. This method works really well. I have only cracked 3 motherboards of the dozens I have done. Oh, one of the ones that cracked mostly still worked well.

If you scoop up the extra that oozes out, you can get 3-4 applications using this method.

AK_47 11-20-2012 04:21 PM

Nice product, tx op rep'd +4

IBJanky 11-20-2012 05:19 PM

Can't beat free. In for one.

wrapcity 11-20-2012 05:52 PM

is this better than artic silver?

Darkstar 11-20-2012 06:25 PM

In for one will see if rebate goes through or not. REPPED

billcsho 11-20-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi_fu (Post 55005852)
Usually, I put on about the amount of a jelly bean. Then, I press down really hard with the heatsink against the CPU/motherboard to squeeze it flat. This method works really well. I have only cracked 3 motherboards of the dozens I have done. Oh, one of the ones that cracked mostly still worked well.

If you scoop up the extra that oozes out, you can get 3-4 applications using this method.

Do you really mean jelly bean size? That is way too much. You should put just size of a rice or 2 on the CPU depending on the contact area. If you put too much, it will squeeze out from the side. :cool:
See this article here. [benchmarkreviews.com] Or follow the instruction by Arctic Silver [arcticsilver.com].

frugalfofo 11-20-2012 08:00 PM

in for 1, again

mpkb 11-20-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame42 (Post 54983536)
FAR Deals like this make me think we're just making money for the credit card companies and the post office.

Naw, that's small potatoes.

The real money is in the invalid rebate submissions (lost, forgot about it and blew the deadline, messed up in some obscure way, etc)

SmoothKriminal 11-21-2012 12:42 AM

Phobya HeGrease is cheaper and a far superior TIM comes in 4 gram size also non capacitive and non conductive.

peppermint 11-21-2012 06:25 PM

just to confirm, I can do this rebate even if I did the last one a few weeks ago?

professorman 11-26-2012 10:41 PM

I submitted my rebate today.

forsave 02-11-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppermint (Post 55068096)
just to confirm, I can do this rebate even if I did the last one a few weeks ago?

---------

avocado 02-13-2013 01:23 PM

This is the first time I use Newegg rebate, but will the the last time for it.
terrible terrible terrible
After several months been proved, they still do not know when they will mail it out.

diburning 02-18-2013 10:43 PM

I ordered the Arctic cooling paste. Mailed 11/6. Still "processing." Calling the number does no good as the person on the other side can't see anything that you can't. I call every week and they tell me to wait another week and call back every time.

Time to fire off letters to the AGs of my state and the state that rebate access is located in.

billcsho 02-19-2013 08:57 AM

Just some info from my rebate experience. Ordered this on 11/20. Pre-submit the rebate on 11/24 when I received it. Mailed out the rebate on 12/4. Processing finished on 1/18 and said I should expect the card by 2/17. The rebate card came in on 1/28. The whole process was very smooth.

diburning 02-19-2013 11:42 AM

I called them again today. I finally found an agent who could push it along. She said that it has been approved and that the card will be printed and mailed out ASAP. The status page hasn't updated yet though. I hope it's true and not just a line of carp just to get me to go away.

professorman 02-25-2013 06:48 AM

My rebate came in 1/28 as well.

drymonkey 02-27-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorman (Post 57808358)
My rebate came in 1/28 as well.

Just got my rebate a couple of days ago...Now to decide whether or not it's worth jumping on more of these arctic FAR deal again:shake::O

telobeck 03-20-2013 07:31 PM

ARCTIC MX2 , FAR sent in the last week in January processing first week in Feb.. just how long does this take? I thought NewEgg rebates were ones you can count on?

SmokeMaxX 03-20-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telobeck (Post 58357534)
ARCTIC MX2 , FAR sent in the last week in January processing first week in Feb.. just how long does this take? I thought NewEgg rebates were ones you can count on?

They are, but they're notoriously slower than others (like TigerDirect).

billcsho 03-21-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telobeck (Post 58357534)
ARCTIC MX2 , FAR sent in the last week in January processing first week in Feb.. just how long does this take? I thought NewEgg rebates were ones you can count on?

I sent in this rebate on 12/3 and received the rebate card on 1/28. With an 8-week turn around time, it is not bad at all. Compare with my other rebates submitted at the same time that I received back on 1/15, 1/15, 1/22 1/25, 1/26, 1/26, 3/6, 3/6, 3/8, 3/15, and one still pending, this is right in the middle..


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.