Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sell 1 item free on eBay with eBay mobile 11-19-11/27 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5538634-sell-1-item-free-on-ebay-with-ebay-mobile-11-19-11-27)

gizmo17 11-20-2012 06:33 AM

Sell 1 item free on eBay with eBay mobile 11-19-11/27

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this isn't a re-post, I searched but didn't seet his deal.
I just got and e-mail from ebay describing a promotion their having - Sell 1 item free on eBay with eBay mobile 11-19-11/27. I typically delete most of my eBay promo e-mails since it's free listing, which may save $0.25-$2.00. But this one is free listing AND final value fee! It's possible that it's targeted, not sure. Just wanted to give you a heads up to keep an eye out on your inbox. I'd copy the terms but I'm at work and eBay is blocked.
Time for me to sell my old iPhone! :nod:

wikipost 11-20-2012 06:33 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

See if you qualify according to terms:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...rDashboard

kalekanchha 11-20-2012 06:36 AM

Got the same email. Thinking what to sell.

deedz2 11-20-2012 06:38 AM

Me too! Have items to sell and haven't used ebay in awhile so now with this promo is the right time! Thx OP and TU, and repped! :)

jdmst77 11-20-2012 06:40 AM

I've never sold anything on eBay before and I didn't get this email.

Could it be targeted? Any idea if anyone can take advantage of it? Any codes that need to be applied

gizmo17 11-20-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedz2 (Post 54986420)
Me too! Have items to sell and haven't used ebay in awhile so now with this promo is the right time! Thx OP and TU, and repped! :)

No problem. Thanks for the rep! I'm trying to think what I have to sell also, the only expensive item I can think of is my iPhone 4. :confused:

Oooh...never mind, I have a camera lens I need to sell! :-)

deedz2 11-20-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmst77 (Post 54986464)
I've never sold anything on eBay before and I didn't get this email.

Could it be targeted? Any idea if anyone can take advantage of it? Any codes that need to be applied

Not sure, but to be sure, just contact ebay and ask them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 54986498)
No problem. Thanks for the rep! I'm trying to think what I have to sell also, the only expensive item I can think of is my iPhone 4. :confused:

Oooh...never mind, I have a camera lens I need to sell! :-)

There you go....I have the duo weed eater and blower set from a past SD deal and a drill combo kit from a past SD deal I was going to list!

siegler 11-20-2012 06:52 AM

I regularly sell on ebay, but no email for me and nothing in my Messages folder.

orangecrushv 11-20-2012 06:56 AM

http://pages.ebay.com/mobileselli...r/tnc.html

Says to check your seller page to see if you qualify...

Buckyball60 11-20-2012 07:00 AM

What is ebay?

OneSlickDeal 11-20-2012 07:08 AM

Sweet I guess I'll sell one wii on eBay... the rest on craigslist

YOURNUMBA1FAN 11-20-2012 07:11 AM

Terms & Conditions
What is the promotion?
Sellers who list in the Auction-style, Auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or Fixed Price formats via an approved eBay Mobile application pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein will pay no Insertion Fee, and no Final Value Fee (collectively referred to as "Promotion") for one listing during the Promotion period as defined below.
Who's eligible?
This Promotion is available to all sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards.
When is it?
This Promotion starts on Monday, November 19, 2012, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second), and will end on Tuesday, November 27, 2012, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds) (the "Promotion Period").
How do I get the Promotional Rate?
Sellers will automatically receive the Promotional rate when they create one listing during the Promotion Period in Auction-style, Auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or Fixed Price formats by using an eBay Mobile application and the Sellers' qualifying eBay User ID.

Qualifying items must be listed with an eBay Mobile application for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry. Items listed on eBay.com from the browser of a mobile device do not qualify. Similarly, items listed by visiting eBay.com on a desktop computer browser do not qualify. Items must be listed with a native mobile application downloaded from the Apple, Android, Windows, or BlackBerry app stores to qualify. Click here to download the mobile application.

An important note about how Final Value Fees will be displayed: For sellers listing with an eBay Mobile application, the zero Final Value Fee Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in the seller's next invoice.

Summary of Restrictions & Exclusions. Please take time to read the full terms for all the details.

Sellers can list one item as part of this Promotion with an eBay Mobile application for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry. Only single quantity listings are eligible for this Promotion. Listings in which the seller is selling a single quantity of an item are eligible, but listings in which multiple items are being sold through the same listing are not eligible.
This Promotion does not apply to the following: items listed in eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Professional Services, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the Promotion: Tractors & Farm Machinery (91952), Antique Tractors & Equipment (45009), Heavy Equipment (25249), Concession Trailers & Carts (67145), Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment (92036), Forklifts & Other Lifts (97185), Manufacturing Equipment (92080), Metalworking Equipment (92082), and Commercial Printing Presses (26247).
Fees for optional features (such as Reserve Price, Subtitle, Gallery Plus, 10-day Auction-style listings upgrade fee, listing in 2 categories, etc.) will still apply. 10-day Auction-style listings will not be charged an Insertion Fee, but will continue to be subject to the listing upgrade fee. Any applicable PayPal fees will still apply.
When listing an item in multiple categories, sellers will not pay the Insertion Fee for the first category but will be charged an Insertion Fee for each additional category selected. For example, if a seller lists one item in two (2) different categories, the seller will not incur an Insertion Fee for the first category, but will be charged for the second category.
Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than 10 detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about seller performance standards.
All existing selling limits on sellers' account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may exclude and prevent seller from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion.
The Promotional Rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to November 19, 2012, including those listings revised during the Promotion Period. Additionally, the Promotional Rate will not apply to listings scheduled to start after the Promotion Period. Listings created prior to Monday, November 19, 2012, and scheduled to start during the Promotion Period, will be eligible to receive the Promotional Rate.
What are the fees?
During the Promotion Period, there will be no Insertion Fee or Final Value Fee for one listing in the Auction-style, Auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or Fixed Price formats for items listed with an eBay Mobile application using seller's qualifying eBay User ID, as reflected in the fee tables below. Additional optional feature fees still apply.

Auction-style format
Starting Price Auction-style Insertion Fee Promotional Rate for Insertion Fee
$0.01 - $0.99 $0.10 FREE for one listing
$1.00 - $9.99 $0.25
$10.00 - $24.99 $0.50
$25.00 - $49.99 $0.75
$50.00 - $199.99 $1.00
$200.00 or more $2.00
Fixed Price format
Fixed Price Insertion Fee Promotional Rate for Insertion Fee
Standard Fee $0.50 FREE for one listing
Final Value Fee
Closing Price Regular Final Value Fee Price Discounted Final Value Fee Price
Item not sold No Fee No Fee
All Closing Prices Varies by format and category FREE for one listing

alabbit 11-20-2012 07:12 AM

Signed in and checked seller page. Worked great! Thanks!

jdmst77 11-20-2012 07:13 AM

nothing free for me. you suck eBay. ALSO: "Any applicable PayPal fees will still apply."

slomer 11-20-2012 07:13 AM

Thank you OP. Now I need to think about what to sell.

Sriman 11-20-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 54987172)
What is ebay?

Repped....

ReasonableDoubt 11-20-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalekanchha (Post 54986366)
Thinking what to sell.

Wii U :lmao:

Sriman 11-20-2012 07:18 AM

ebay has no love for me..

bostonlou 11-20-2012 07:29 AM

i've never been on the internets before - maybe that's why i didn't get this??

wow - there are some comments in this thread

getdealsonline 11-20-2012 07:35 AM

didn't get it :(

briank642 11-20-2012 08:12 AM

It is a targeted offer.

gswood 11-20-2012 08:27 AM

Going to sell my movie tickets, it's crazy ebay charge listing and final value fees, paypay charges fees too. hardly make money

Thanks for sharing, got the same email too, didn't pay much attention until saw your post!

travfar 11-20-2012 08:31 AM

No email but I did get a message on my ebay account.

SlickDealio 11-20-2012 08:32 AM

Will the app from Amazon work for this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SIIBGU/

I can't get the Google Play apps using my Kindle Fire HD.

longhorndave 11-20-2012 08:34 AM

Thanks. I posted an item. I had the message in my EBAY inbox, but I probably would have missed it without seeing this thread.

I far prefer to use the computer. But one can always just get the listing up, and then revise it via the computer. This should save me about $5.

thund3rcat 11-20-2012 08:39 AM

Nothing on my (0) and (1) FB account, of course my active account didn't get it either.

kamanesm 11-20-2012 10:28 AM

Be aware. I got similar emails multiple times before, but every time I had to call and argue for 10-20 minutes to get the fee back. I did get the message, and sold a qualified item. I still cannot believe a large company like eBay does this, but believe me this message was SILENTLY removed from my eBay message inbox after I actually sold an item all the time. Luckily I had a forwarded message in my Gmail account and could forward it to spoof@ebay, but still had to wait for a month to get my fee back.

If you google you may find some people having the same problem..

lex2000 11-20-2012 11:17 AM

Seems that its good for everyone and not targeted. finally some real deal.

quick question: does the item has to be sold during that period? or just listing is enough?

http://pages.ebay.com/mobileselli...html#terms
Quote:

Who's eligible?
This Promotion is available to all sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards.

mirai 11-20-2012 11:20 AM

Free FVF for Wii U!:P

mirai 11-20-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamanesm (Post 54996352)
Be aware. I got similar emails multiple times before, but every time I had to call and argue for 10-20 minutes to get the fee back. I did get the message, and sold a qualified item. I still cannot believe a large company like eBay does this, but believe me this message was SILENTLY removed from my eBay message inbox after I actually sold an item all the time. Luckily I had a forwarded message in my Gmail account and could forward it to spoof@ebay, but still had to wait for a month to get my fee back.

this happened to me too. I think they remove it if you fail to maintain some kind of standard. For me it happened when a seller left a neutral feedback for no reason (he had no complaints with my item and just felt like leaving a neutral apparently)

lex2000 11-20-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorndave (Post 54991322)
Thanks. I posted an item. I had the message in my EBAY inbox, but I probably would have missed it without seeing this thread.

I far prefer to use the computer. But one can always just get the listing up, and then revise it via the computer. This should save me about $5.

are u sure revising on computer works? never had this promo before.

aznguyen316 11-20-2012 11:50 AM

Awesome, saw it just now in my messages. Nice, now what shall I try to sell.. hmm Thanks repped

peppermint 11-20-2012 12:01 PM

thanks

karrun 11-20-2012 12:32 PM

Checked my Ebay email and I got it. Time to try to sell that expensive fountain pen set I've been holding on to.

red_devil32 11-20-2012 12:37 PM

i prefer craiglist over eBay. On craigslist, you meet up (safe public place of course) get straight cash then never bother that buyer again. On eBay, you gotta pay fee, shipping and the risk of bad buyers or whatever happen during shipping. So i never try selling on ebay before. Any tip for noobs?

kimdotcom 11-20-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmst77 (Post 54987820)
nothing free for me. you suck eBay. ALSO: "Any applicable PayPal fees will still apply."

Well, the processing of payments is expensive and it's greatly subsidized for everyone. So, them charging us a PayPal fee on this promo is somewhat breaking even or just slightly making some profit.

Screw eBay though, I agree.

thund3rcat 11-20-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_devil32 (Post 55001848)
i prefer craiglist over eBay. On craigslist, you meet up (safe public place of course) get straight cash then never bother that buyer again. On eBay, you gotta pay fee, shipping and the risk of bad buyers or whatever happen during shipping. So i never try selling on ebay before. Any tip for noobs?

Always have tracking/delivery confirmation. If you send an item that was sold for for over $250, make sure you add signature confirmation to the package.

longhorndave 11-20-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lex2000 (Post 54998820)

I met the letter of the law. I posted a listing via my phone.
Then I went back and did some editing on the listing and replaced the cell phone
photos with better pictures.

I am guessing that it will work, but I am not certain.

I am a Powerseller, and EBAY has always taken care of me when I have issues.

danie89 11-20-2012 01:04 PM

Yes! I was going to list my Macbook Pro on eBay last weekend. Glad I waited! Just got the email as I was reading this thread - probably would have gotten deleted otherwise. Thanks OP!

stasis 11-20-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h4a5r (Post 55003222)
Yes! I was going to list my Macbook Pro on eBay last weekend. Glad I waited! Just got the email as I was reading this thread - probably would have gotten deleted otherwise. Thanks OP!

:eek: i don't think i have the balls to sell something as expensive on ebay

slickpokerdealer 11-20-2012 01:17 PM

Got one.. But I see this in the below terms.. I have a new account with just 2 feedbacks... Does that matter?

Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than 10 detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about seller performance standards.

slickpokerdealer 11-20-2012 01:20 PM

Also, should the item be listed during the mentioned promotional period and sold any time later or should it be sold during the promo period?

cooljw 11-20-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmst77 (Post 54987820)

After reading the T&C seems to be good for everyone as long as you meet the minimum seller requirements, doesnt seem like you need to have gotten the message.

I didn't get the message and just listed something via mobile app and did not get charged insertion fee whereas I normally would have. Hopefully this means the promo is working.

toxicity 11-20-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stasis (Post 55003376)

Just be smart about not selling it to new users or users with no feedback, insure the item and require signature confirmation, and you should be good. Never had an issue and I've sold macbook airs, thousands of dollars in stamps (thank you bing cashback), etc.....

stasis 11-20-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 55004502)
Just be smart about not selling it to new users or users with no feedback, insure the item and require signature confirmation, and you should be good. Never had an issue and I've sold macbook airs, thousands of dollars in stamps (thank you bing cashback), etc.....

Do you specifically put in the description that at least 5 or more positive feedback, etc. is required in order to bid/buy? And have you had any SNAD complaints?

kingkong00 11-20-2012 01:48 PM

Didn't receive any email from ebay about this promotion. Instead all other craps about what to buy

toxicity 11-20-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stasis (Post 55004932)
Do you specifically put in the description that at least 5 or more positive feedback, etc. is required in order to bid/buy? And have you had any SNAD complaints?

Ebay has caught on a little bit and won't let you use the standard wording, but you can work it in there using alternate phrasing.

I have never had any Not as described issues or anything else. I'm by no means a powerseller but have sold enough high dollar items to have a pretty good idea of what to do....

gizmo17 11-20-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h4a5r (Post 55003222)

Glad to be able to contribute. I almost deleted mine also, until I noticed the wording isn't the typical eBay BS promo's.
Isn't it funny how we have to go to a deal forum site, read about a deal to "see" it in our inbox! :lmao:

bioscm 11-20-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 55005152)
Ebay has caught on a little bit and won't let you use the standard wording, but you can work it in there using alternate phrasing.

I have never had any Not as described issues or anything else. I'm by no means a powerseller but have sold enough high dollar items to have a pretty good idea of what to do....

so if a new user or someone with less than 5 feedback bids, you just cancel their bid? what if it's a BIN?

danie89 11-20-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stasis (Post 55003376)

It's one of the first 13" pros - so it's around 3 years old. If it was new, I would definitely not be selling it on eBay!

bibb 11-20-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorndave (Post 55002524)
I met the letter of the law. I posted a listing via my phone.
Then I went back and did some editing on the listing and replaced the cell phone
photos with better pictures.

I am guessing that it will work, but I am not certain.

I am a Powerseller, and EBAY has always taken care of me when I have issues.

Make sure your category is correct.....................May not be able to change.

TranTX210 11-20-2012 07:15 PM

Just sold my Nexus 7 32GB for $250 just in 5 minutes. I have listed it on Craigslist for 3 days for $230 but no taker. No fee on ebay, but 2.9% fee on paypal.

uEih 11-20-2012 07:22 PM

I wished i had one of these emails, i sell on there constantly so maybe that's why. Also use the mobile app a lot.

TDurga 11-20-2012 07:23 PM

good offer... but seems to be it is going to end by Nov27...

lifexpert 11-20-2012 07:25 PM

Do you have to sell it on that day? or just list it on that day?

MHRX 11-20-2012 07:26 PM

Last time this promotion happened I had a deadbeat bidder :( guy ended up costing me about $70 in seller fees on my item! (EBay wouldn't allow me to relist and get my credit)

Glad that I have another chance at this, have had a gift card I've been waiting to sell. Thanks OP!

Sidenote: I'm hoping the credit is applied automatically, I've had nothing but trouble with EBay's CS department.

dealbuzz12 11-20-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioscm (Post 55005350)
so if a new user or someone with less than 5 feedback bids, you just cancel their bid? what if it's a BIN?

Are you guys trying to avoid bidders with less than 5 feedback? If so, why? I sell thousands of $200-$400 electronics on eBay every year and don't think I have had one not as described case. I have had a few unauthorized payments and such, but those have all been decided in my favor because I've had signature confirmation for those items over $250 and delivery confirmation for those that are $200, so I believe Paypal eats that cost under their seller protection policy. I like to think people are generally good. I would say at least a third of my buyers have under 5 feedback and like I said, I have never had a not as described case. Actually, most of those buyers are some of the nicer ones.

impsteven 11-20-2012 07:28 PM

Going to check my e-mail trash bin. I need this =[

fx1 11-20-2012 07:30 PM

Got the message.. should I sell 1 wii u or 2 as a bundle....

washburn12 11-20-2012 07:30 PM

didn't get an email about it, but went to the eBay homepage and saw the offer on one of the banners. thanks for the heads up!

dealbuzz12 11-20-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHRX (Post 55018310)
Last time this promotion happened I had a deadbeat bidder :( guy ended up costing me about $70 in seller fees on my item! (EBay wouldn't allow me to relist and get my credit)

Glad that I have another chance at this, have had a gift card I've been waiting to sell. Thanks OP!

Sidenote: I'm hoping the credit is applied automatically, I've had nothing but trouble with EBay's CS department.

If they didn't pay, why not just open an unpaid item case and if they don't pay, you automatically can get your fee back after around a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx1 (Post 55018408)
Got the message.. should I sell 1 wii u or 2 as a bundle....

Sell one on eBay and the other on Craigslist. Ebay is not usually a good place to sell multiples...you will get more selling them separate I'm guessing. Unless they are really hard to find, in which case someone might be buying them from you just to resell locally or they might need two if they have a friend that wanted one too.

robinski_ 11-20-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealbuzz12 (Post 55018338)
Are you guys trying to avoid bidders with less than 5 feedback? If so, why? I sell thousands of $200-$400 electronics on eBay every year and don't think I have had one not as described case. I have had a few unauthorized payments and such, but those have all been decided in my favor because I've had signature confirmation for those items over $250 and delivery confirmation for those that are $200, so I believe Paypal eats that cost under their seller protection policy. I like to think people are generally good. I would say at least a third of my buyers have under 5 feedback and like I said, I have never had a not as described case. Actually, most of those buyers are some of the nicer ones.

I have 1k items or so sold myself, the problem isn't dishonest buyers that buy stuff and then claim that they received something else/break it etc. although I have had about 10 buyers send stuff back because the new items were "not working" I then used those "broken" items myself for several years, so maybe they were not that "broken" (GPU, motherboard, SSD, etc.)

Whenever that happens I just take the item back and refund the customer since they can open an ebay case and that results in me getting in trouble 100% guaranteed (+ negative feedback), if the item is actually broken or I made a mistake (happened once so far, mixed up some items) I refund shipping or send them a gift of $5/$10 via paypal for their troubles, 100% success rate so far.

Now the problem I have with low feedback bidders is that they are unreliable as hell when it comes to actually paying for the items, at least every other 0 feedback bidder/buyer simply refuses to pay and is impossible to get a hold off resulting in me having to wait for a couple days to open a case and then wait another week for the case to be closed since the buyer is unresponsive, this all means that I cannot re-list the item within those 10+ days since by some miracle the buyer might pay for their item and then I get in trouble

It sucks that you as a seller can't limit even more buyers than those who have a dozen payment strikes or like -5 feedback, I have limited my buyers as much as I can though, no major problems yet, besides from the dead-beat buyers that just waste my time.

I am extremely picky with my eBaying, everything is shipped on time all the time, everything has pictures and is 100% accurately described, and I also package everything well.

Sitting on 900+ positive feedback as of now also, I've been doing this for about 2-3 years now. Some things are still unbelievably stupid with ebay/paypal, and no, ebay doesn't give a rats ass about their small sellers (read: all private sellers) and never have.

MHRX 11-20-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealbuzz12 (Post 55018476)
If they didn't pay, why not just open an unpaid item case and if they don't pay, you automatically can get your fee back after around a week.

I was credited my selling fees, but the promotion for no final value fees was over by the time I had to relist. EBay was not exactly remorseful :lol:

Just a word of advice to everyone: You may consider requiring immediate payment since I didn't see an option to add buyer requirements on the Mobile App. (But then again maybe you all have more luck than I do with deadbeat bidders :mad:)

dealbuzz12 11-20-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinski_ (Post 55018736)
I have 1k items or so sold myself, the problem isn't dishonest buyers that buy stuff and then claim that they received something else/break it etc. although I have had about 10 buyers send stuff back because the new items were "not working" I then used those "broken" items myself for several years, so maybe they were not that "broken" (GPU, motherboard, SSD, etc.)

Whenever that happens I just take the item back and refund the customer since they can open an ebay case and that results in me getting in trouble 100% guaranteed (+ negative feedback), if the item is actually broken or I made a mistake (happened once so far, mixed up some items) I refund shipping or send them a gift of $5/$10 via paypal for their troubles, 100% success rate so far.

Now the problem I have with low feedback bidders is that they are unreliable as hell when it comes to actually paying for the items, at least every other 0 feedback bidder/buyer simply refuses to pay and is impossible to get a hold off resulting in me having to wait for a couple days to open a case and then wait another week for the case to be closed since the buyer is unresponsive, this all means that I cannot re-list the item within those 10+ days since by some miracle the buyer might pay for their item and then I get in trouble

It sucks that you as a seller can't limit even more buyers than those who have a dozen payment strikes or like -5 feedback, I have limited my buyers as much as I can though, no major problems yet, besides from the dead-beat buyers that just waste my time.

I am extremely picky with my eBaying, everything is shipped on time all the time, everything has pictures and is 100% accurately described, and I also package everything well.

Sitting on 900+ positive feedback as of now also, I've been doing this for about 2-3 years now. Some things are still unbelievably stupid with ebay/paypal, and no, ebay doesn't give a rats ass about their small sellers (read: all private sellers) and never have.

I only do buy it now, so have no experience with buyers not paying. I can imagine that would get frustrating.

robinski_ 11-20-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealbuzz12 (Post 55018884)
I only do buy it now, so have no experience with buyers not paying. I can imagine that would get frustrating.

Same thing happens there, in fact more so than on auction items, not that I have many auction items listed since I don't like it.

I assume you have a business that requires instant payment? I don't... that ofc helps since people cannot "commit to buy" stuff and never pay then

metaldood 11-20-2012 07:50 PM

10 feedbacks as seller required.

dealbuzz12 11-20-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinski_ (Post 55019022)
Same thing happens there, in fact more so than on auction items, not that I have many auction items listed since I don't like it.

I assume you have a business that requires instant payment? I don't... that ofc helps since people cannot "commit to buy" stuff and never pay then

I require instant payment for all of my fixed price listings. As I said, I do not have any experience with non paying bidders because I do not sell auction style or buy it now without instant payment required, but can understand how that might become an issue with deadbeat bidders.

kensteele 11-20-2012 08:21 PM

check your inbox on your ebay page account for the offer. that's where i found mine.

thetalented1 11-21-2012 04:43 AM

Got it

focusu 11-21-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Yes, I had the same problem before as well. I only receive this Sell 1 Item Free via eBay Mobile offer via email and no msg on eBay Message. And the rep claimed they can't find current or past offers offered by eBay and since it doesn't show on my eBay Message they also can't verify it. And I can't forward the email they sent me back to them to verify.

Make sure you keep the email, and when you click the link on top of the email to view it in your browser, you will get the specific eBay link. That is what I gave the rep so they can verify it is an offer from eBay. This is a big hassle as the link is very long and took a few times to finally get the rep to type in the correct address (make sure the lower and upper caps match exactly) and then put on hold for the rep to get supervisor to approve and refund the Final Value Fees.

slickpokerdealer 11-21-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaldood (Post 55019170)
10 feedbacks as seller required.

Where did you see that?

dangar 11-21-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lex2000 (Post 54998820)

I created a listing today (my first ever on eBay). I used my Kindle Fire to create it, but had to go back into listing on my computer to add pics (couldn't figure that out on KF). The item sold quickly, and it appears that eBay did not charge any fees even though I modified my listing on computer. PayPal still charged fees, which, being a first time seller, I didn't realize.

metaldood 11-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealerutah (Post 55049090)
Where did you see that?

happygooddeal 11-21-2012 11:06 AM

Only through ebay Mobile only ? Its hard to do html on ebay mobile. Anyone know any tricks to use mobile app through my Desktop ?

toxicity 11-21-2012 11:33 AM

Thanks OP, Saved ~$100 and item already sold!

crimsonroses 11-21-2012 11:44 AM

I thought Ebay has permanent free auction style listings now since it says free when i try to put up a listing but they charge the final value fee? so why have a promotion that offers free listings when they already have free listings??

travfar 11-21-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetjg (Post 55052894)
I thought Ebay has permanent free auction style listings now since it says free when i try to put up a listing but they charge the final value fee? so why have a promotion that offers free listings when they already have free listings??

Because this also has no final fee.

travfar 11-21-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygooddeal (Post 55050940)
Only through ebay Mobile only ? Its hard to do html on ebay mobile. Anyone know any tricks to use mobile app through my Desktop ?

It only says you have to place the ad on mobile. It doesn't say you can't edit on your desktop.

happygooddeal 11-21-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 55053166)
It only says you have to place the ad on mobile. It doesn't say you can't edit on your desktop.

Thanks !! Will do that !

slickpokerdealer 11-21-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaldood (Post 55050268)

I have less than 10 feedbacks.. And I never received email that my account fell below the minimum performance standards.. So, I still qualify for this I assume

ek9cv5 11-23-2012 06:34 PM

Thanks must find something high value to sell now.

Kendo 11-24-2012 02:09 PM

Just sold a $150 item with no FVF! That would have normally cost me $25. Did have to take the 3% hit on PayPal though.

alterego 11-24-2012 02:20 PM

Turns out that I too got this email in my ebay messages.. Now trying to find what to sell..

Wetoriya 11-24-2012 02:32 PM

So if i list during the promotion period and my listing ends after that period I still get the the promotion right?

bolland99 11-24-2012 02:32 PM

I don't have a smartphone but going to try this with BlueStacks. It's an Windows Android emulator:

http://bluestacks.com/

alterego 11-24-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolland99 (Post 55248996)
I don't have a smartphone but going to try this with BlueStacks. It's an Windows Android emulator:

http://bluestacks.com/

you can just list the item initially with minimum information. Then you can update everything else from your PC...

bolland99 11-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterego (Post 55249492)
you can just list the item initially with minimum information. Then you can update everything else from your PC...

Good idea...I didn't think of that...repped.

Has anyone else used BlueStacks? I just installed it and curious how difficult it will be to find the ebay mobile app, etc.

alterego 11-24-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolland99 (Post 55249868)
Good idea...I didn't think of that...repped.

Has anyone else used BlueStacks? I just installed it and curious how difficult it will be to find the ebay mobile app, etc.

I have used it.. Just go to Google Play and download the ebay app. it isn't difficult...

beundertaker 11-24-2012 03:07 PM

meh I still prefer craigslist

Inpact 11-24-2012 03:09 PM

How do I do this on a desktop? I don't have a mobile device.

beundertaker 11-24-2012 03:12 PM

try listing with my desktop computer and it says I have no listing fee nor final fee...

does that mean I really get one free listing from ebay? (not taking paypal into account)

would love to finally sell off this wii I have.

bolland99 11-24-2012 03:15 PM

Ok I just tried it with a $400 camera. It was fairly simple to install and use the ebay mobile app although it was a PITA compared to doing it on a desktop. It reminds me why I do not like using a smartphone with tiny screen and such limited functionality.

I never got an invite for this so I have no idea if it will save me the final value fee but was no downside at all in trying it. Thanks OP and other for advice.

I'll have to price this camera to move but if it saves me $20 final value fee, then should still come out ahead.

bolland99 11-24-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beundertaker (Post 55250408)
meh I still prefer craigslist

Works for some things...doesn't work at all for others. I prefer whatever can end up putting the most money in my pocket for the item I have. Plus other risk/rewards considerations.

This camera is new and no way I would get as much for it on CL as on ebay, even with fees taken into account.

Big advantage of CL is you get cold hard cash in your hands and transaction is done...don't have to worry about feedback or returns or item getting lost in the mail and other nonsense.

But ebay offers greater liquidity for most items and that is the most important factor.

Sultanofdeals 11-24-2012 03:55 PM

I did not get the targeted email i do not think but i do meet the seller requirements. Worth a try or did i have to get the email to qualify??

mew0o 11-26-2012 08:24 PM

bastards deleted my email. i spent an hour setting up an auction, taking pictures, downloading the mobile app and then went to check my email to make sure of the date... and nothing. gone. they did the same blasted thing last time too.

cequalspid 11-26-2012 08:33 PM

Does anyone know if a 30-Day fixed priced listing falls within the promotion guidelines?

I called eBay customer service and they said it would still count but they seemed to be reading off the same promotional details that are linked in the email. I feel as if I'm at the mercy of eBay should the item sell. I have the email but it does not show anywhere in my account that I have used or am using the promotion.

Being nickled and dimed by eBay in general is an understatement. The final value fees have been too high for some time now.

shyam09 11-26-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mew0o (Post 55371466)
bastards deleted my email. i spent an hour setting up an auction, taking pictures, downloading the mobile app and then went to check my email to make sure of the date... and nothing. gone. they did the same blasted thing last time too.

dont they send it to the ebay inbox AND your email account?

cequalspid 11-26-2012 08:39 PM

Wow, I logged back in after calling eBay customer service (account was verified with phone call code) and now I see the email has been deleted.

What can you say about that. They invited me and then they uninvited me and I already placed a listing as a result of that initial email. That is really foul.

thund3rcat 11-26-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lessblue (Post 55372184)
What can you say about that. They invited me and then they uninvited me and I already placed a listing as a result of that initial email. That is really foul.

I noticed that too, it was in my message box a few days ago. Now it's gone. :vomit:

chuckywang 11-26-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

This happened to me last time but I still sold an item without the FVF.

cequalspid 11-26-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckywang (Post 55372278)
This happened to me last time but I still sold an item without the FVF.

So they sent you the email and then they removed the email. You listed and still were'nt charged a FVF?

You can understand how we feel like we'd be at the mercy of eBay on this one. Surely a company with a $66 billion market cap can do better. I mean to send and then remove an email is pretty low.

mew0o 11-26-2012 08:47 PM

i just got off the phone with customer service, they could not find any record of the promotion sent to my account. but i am 100% positive that i had it in my ebay inbox. i checked my account just an hour ago and it was still there. the item i was going to sell was over $1500, so i am not going to risk it.
oh and this happened to me the last time they ran this promotion as well. it just disappeared from my inbox and there was no record of it ever being there. i dont understand it.

coolguy5481 11-26-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mew0o (Post 55372498)
i just got off the phone with customer service, they could not find any record of the promotion sent to my account. but i am 100% positive that i had it in my ebay inbox. i checked my account just an hour ago and it was still there. the item i was going to sell was over $1500, so i am not going to risk it.
oh and this happened to me the last time they ran this promotion as well. it just disappeared from my inbox and there was no record of it ever being there. i dont understand it.

Screen shot Screen shot Screen shot Screen shot Screen shot Screen shot .. saves hassle..

mew0o 11-26-2012 08:52 PM

yeah, unfortunately i didn't think to take one :(

travfar 11-26-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyam09 (Post 55372026)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thund3rcat (Post 55372276)
I noticed that too, it was in my message box a few days ago. Now it's gone. :vomit:

Same. Mine's gone too.

No it doesn't. It just shows up on ebay messages.

Look on your sellers page. Mine still has a banner promoting the offer. I took a screenshot of that. Why would it be on my sellers page if I didn't qualify? That's my proof.

shyam09 11-26-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 55372794)
Same. Mine's gone too.

No it doesn't. It just shows up on ebay messages.

Look on your sellers page. Mine still has a banner promoting the offer. I took a screenshot of that. Why would it be on my sellers page if I didn't qualify? That's my proof.

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/m...ail_off_08.jpg

this is what i got in my gmail though... odd

bigboco 11-26-2012 09:33 PM

My item is sold. Final value fee is charged. But the inbox promotion message is gone. It smells like fraud.

ztide 11-26-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyam09 (Post 55373644)
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/m...ail_off_08.jpg

this is what i got in my gmail though... odd

not to worry people.
was missing in my ebay messages (though i still saved the email) too.
There were no "listing offers" in myebay as well.
I then listed it with the mobile app and lo and behold it appeared as a "listing offer" afterwards

Toastmaster80 11-26-2012 09:36 PM

I really hate Ebay.

gibsonbass 11-26-2012 09:37 PM

I got an invitation on my email only, not in ebay message. Does that happen to anyone?

chuckywang 11-26-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lessblue (Post 55372486)
So they sent you the email and then they removed the email. You listed and still were'nt charged a FVF?

You can understand how we feel like we'd be at the mercy of eBay on this one. Surely a company with a $66 billion market cap can do better. I mean to send and then remove an email is pretty low.

Yes that is correct.

bigboco 11-26-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztide (Post 55374752)
not to worry people.
was missing in my ebay messages (though i still saved the email) too.
There were no "listing offers" in myebay as well.
I then listed it with the mobile app and lo and behold it appeared as a "listing offer" afterwards

Do you have your item sold? Where do you see it as "listing offer"?
I can't find any now. message is gone. But final value fee is charged.

klimb22 11-26-2012 09:47 PM

I first saw the offer in the eBay app on my iPhone and it was also in my eBay messages inbox. As always I promptly forwarded it to my hotmail. Something I suggest everyone should do. Anyways I posted a Deluxe Wii U and it sold in less than 12 hours. I was not charged any FVF fees, but what I found odd was that the transaction does not show up at all under my account. When I took advantage of this promo in the past the transaction would show, but would list the fees as promotional with $0 charged. Any one else see this?

cequalspid 11-26-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboco (Post 55374678)
My item is sold. Final value fee is charged. But the inbox promotion message is gone. It smells like fraud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckywang (Post 55374902)
Yes that is correct.

Well in the recent case of the poster above, he was charged a final value fee. Anyone who had their emails removed and posted a listing should be concerned.

ztide 11-26-2012 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboco (Post 55374992)
Do you have your item sold? Where do you see it as "listing offer"?
I can't find any now. message is gone. But final value fee is charged.

I attached a screenshot to this post.
Basically when you click the all selling button in MyEbay and scroll down, this is what is at the bottom.
You will ONLY see it while a listing is up posted by the ebay mobile app.
Before listing you won't see anything in the listing offer section

jmcrae 11-26-2012 11:35 PM

Does this go by Ebay account or by Paypal account?

Like if you got the email to two Ebay accounts can you use the discount twice with the same Paypal account?

stasis 11-26-2012 11:49 PM

I was gonna list an unopened box of 5 sets of 25th anniversary silver eagles for $4k but the offer in my ebay inbox disappeared. Shady mothafockaz...

Booster 11-26-2012 11:59 PM

I wasn't planning on selling something until I noticed the FVF would be ignored. Didn't see an email but I do have the listing offer which I have used. Time to see if the item sells.

davemoosehead 11-27-2012 01:01 AM

Does the item have to sell by the 27th, or just be listed by the 27th?

klimb22 11-27-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemoosehead (Post 55380560)
Does the item have to sell by the 27th, or just be listed by the 27th?

Just listed by the 27th.

j1huynh 11-27-2012 01:09 AM

lol you are right. they deleted my message also.. what a scam

Robrain 11-27-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimb22 (Post 55380998)
Just listed by the 27th.

Just for a little further clarification, does it have to be listed by the start of the day of the 27th (today), or by the end of the day of the 27th?

As in, can we still get in on this if we list an item by the end of today?

klimb22 11-27-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robrain (Post 55381116)
Just for a little further clarification, does it have to be listed by the start of the day of the 27th (today), or by the end of the day of the 27th?

As in, can we still get in on this if we list an item by the end of today?

By the end of the day today. Pacific time.

This should answer all your questions:http://pages.ebay.com/mobileselli...ID=1225267

jason1379 11-27-2012 01:51 AM

took me half an hour to list one item on Ebay mobile. The application kept crashing and I had to redo everything. I wanted to be sure it was perfect so I didnt have to change anything on the full site so they cant say I didnt use the mobile app for this auction. That will be the last time I use this app for selling. I listed an item auction style for 10 days. Had to take advantage of this deal because it will end up selling around $600. They also took my email away which makes me worried but I did forward the message to my yahoo mail before it was deleted. I will go crazy if they try to charge me a final value fee

klimb22 11-27-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztide (Post 55376528)
I attached a screenshot to this post.
Basically when you click the all selling button in MyEbay and scroll down, this is what is at the bottom.
You will ONLY see it while a listing is up posted by the ebay mobile app.
Before listing you won't see anything in the listing offer section

Thanks. Never paid attention to that before. Sure enough Used 1, Left 0.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jason1379 (Post 55381864)
took me half an hour to list one item on Ebay mobile. The application kept crashing and I had to redo everything. I wanted to be sure it was perfect so I didnt have to change anything on the full site so they cant say I didnt use the mobile app for this auction. That will be the last time I use this app for selling. I listed an item auction style for 10 days. Had to take advantage of this deal because it will end up selling around $600. They also took my email away which makes me worried but I did forward the message to my yahoo mail before it was deleted. I will go crazy if they try to charge me a final value fee

You should be fine editing on the PC afterwards. I always do the bare minimum through the app and later update on the PC. It never effects the promo. Are you seeing the promo in the Listing Offers like ztide pointed out in the post I quoted above?

Superocean 11-27-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimb22 (Post 55382560)

You should be fine editing on the PC afterwards. I always do the bare minimum through the app and later update on the PC. It never effects the promo. Are you seeing the promo in the Listing Offers like ztide pointed out in the post I quoted above?

This +1 or get the listing started on the PC and save to template

zigner 11-27-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lessblue (Post 55375216)
Well in the recent case of the poster above, he was charged a final value fee. Anyone who had their emails removed and posted a listing should be concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboco (Post 55374678)

This is from the terms and conditions:

"An important note about how Final Value Fees will be displayed: For sellers listing with an eBay Mobile application, the zero Final Value Fee Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the “View Account Status” section in My eBay, as well as in the seller’s next invoice"

When you say you were charged the fee, where are you seeing that? In the listing process, or in the View Account Status?

jason1379 11-27-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimb22 (Post 55382560)

Found it.. Says I used my offer. Thanks for the help

Brooklynite 11-27-2012 12:44 PM

No check just go to this link:
http://pages.ebay.com/mobileselli...1884173376

nutz 11-27-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklynite (Post 55405998)
No check just go to this link:
http://pages.ebay.com/mobileselli...1884173376

I keep getting a 404 error from the links ebay is texting me. Anyone else have that problem?

lentm 11-27-2012 02:04 PM

don't forget that you need to pay for paypal fee.

M3_WC 11-27-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lentm (Post 55410458)
don't forget that you need to pay for paypal fee.

That is nothing compared to the 9% final value fee. Big savings if you sell a high priced item.

slickpokerdealer 11-27-2012 02:21 PM

I listed one 2 days ago and I cancelled it today..

Now can I list one today and will they still honor the free final value fee?

lentm 11-27-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealerutah (Post 55411312)
I listed one 2 days ago and I cancelled it today..

Now can I list one today and will they still honor the free final value fee?

did you list it on eBay mobile? if you didn't, i'm sure it will work.

slickpokerdealer 11-27-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lentm (Post 55416138)
did you list it on eBay mobile? if you didn't, i'm sure it will work.

Yeah.. I listed the first one on ebay mobile :(

May be I might have to call and fight later..

evilkokonut 11-27-2012 05:35 PM

wow my offer was deleted too. I was going to list something today

travfar 11-27-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyam09 (Post 55372026)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilkokonut (Post 55418974)
wow my offer was deleted too. I was going to list something today

My message was deleted as well but I went ahead and place an ad. As someone else said, once you do the offer shows up on your seller page at the bottom. I screenshoted that like crazy to prove that I have the offer in case it comes to it.

Romansviii28 11-27-2012 05:49 PM

I forwarded a copy of my offer to my personal e-mail account. I didn't have any issues and was able to use the offer to sell my Ipad 2 without paying final value fees. However, I still had to pay around $12.50 in Pay Pal fees. But no eBay final value fees still saved me around $20.00 or so.

Jasko 11-27-2012 06:06 PM

Like many of you, I checked my eBay inbox today and the message was gone. Very shady.

Anyway, I just posted my iPhone 4S on there. Called and spoke with eBay rep and she said the promotion is still going on until today and I should be good. She gave me a reference number as to our conversation just now, but she said that I should keep my email with the promotion in case I have to appeal the final value fee. Of course I don't have this anymore, so it better not come down to that. Bastards.

cequalspid 11-27-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3_WC (Post 55410946)
That is nothing compared to the 9% final value fee. Big savings if you sell a high priced item.

Absolutely. The 9% final value fee is a bit rich. eBay is out pricing themselves except they know they have a virtual monopoly on the online auction business. It's a case of how much can we wring from our customers...

gizmo17 11-27-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romansviii28 (Post 55419408)
I forwarded a copy of my offer to my personal e-mail account. I didn't have any issues and was able to use the offer to sell my Ipad 2 without paying final value fees. However, I still had to pay around $12.50 in Pay Pal fees. But no eBay final value fees still saved me around $20.00 or so.

I just sold my iPhone 4. No final value fees is great! Too bad it doesn't come around as often as free Walgreens photos!

deshwasi 11-27-2012 06:24 PM

so do we have to have an email/msg to qualify?

weaksauce1 11-27-2012 06:29 PM

Anybody know if this applies for "Good Til Cancelled" listings?

ek9cv5 11-27-2012 06:36 PM

The message is gone in my ebay message box but i found the message in my email. ebay being slick about it i see.

slickdealuser123 11-27-2012 06:39 PM

so just to confirm that we are supposed to list today but listing can end in 3 or 5 days, correct?

i just listed brand new samsung galaxy s3 and this would really help.

Romansviii28 11-27-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 55420466)
I just sold my iPhone 4. No final value fees is great! Too bad it doesn't come around as often as free Walgreens photos!

True. I plan on selling my IPhone 4 too, but I wanted to sell my Ipad 2 firstly. I may try selling my IPhone 4 on Craigslist first due the all fees with eBay (and Pay Pal which eBay owns).

Jasko 11-27-2012 06:43 PM

Yeah I don't have my message in my email at all. Hope it doesn't come down to that, otherwise I'll be raising hell.

ztide 11-27-2012 06:46 PM

well i tried listing in an account without receiving the email offer (but qualifies based on their conditions) and it worked.
got the same message in "listing offers" only after i posted it.
so you qualify even without receiving the email from them

plphoenix 11-27-2012 06:46 PM

Very shady, eBay! I just got off the phone with a representative who said that she could not find the email that mysteriously "disappeared" from my Inbox, BUT that she was able to find it in their archive (sneaky sneaky). From there, a request was sent to a supervisor for approval. I was being charged a FVF and wasn't seeing anywhere that it was getting waived. I'll keep you guys posted on the result.

Hope this info helps those that didn't keep a screenshot or back-up of the email (like me) since I was looking at paying $50 for a sold iPad.

Update: The credit has been approved and has been reflected in my account. I also got the representative to resend that email, just in case they try to pull anything again. The things you gotta do to hold them to their offers!

slickdealuser123 11-27-2012 06:51 PM

my ebay mail got deleted too, but it was in gmail inbox so i will use that to get the FVF credited if needed.

jenjen 11-27-2012 07:01 PM

I just got an email from ebay for listing one free fixed price listing from Nov. 27-Dec. 3. Check your inbox's!!!

ztide 11-27-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjen (Post 55422016)
I just got an email from ebay for listing one free fixed price listing from Nov. 27-Dec. 3. Check your inbox's!!!

listing free is not the same as selling free
so you save 50 cents or so on the listing fee
but selling free means you save the insertion fee AND the final value fee- which is a ton more

cequalspid 11-27-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztide (Post 55422242)
listing free is not the same as selling free
so you save 50 cents or so on the listing fee
but selling free means you save the insertion fee AND the final value fee- which is a ton more

Indeed and eBay throwing around "free listing" offers is just cheap in general really. Thanks for the 0.50 cents eBay, I'm rushing right over. $66 billion market cap right? Eventually the listings will be free and to compensate the final value fees and other, will go upsome more.

"List and Sell" for free is the one you want to look out for. This one means no final value fee.

stasis 11-27-2012 07:40 PM

anybody saved a screenshot of the message? can you please PM me? thanks!

setha6506 11-27-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealerutah (Post 55418584)
Yeah.. I listed the first one on ebay mobile :(

May be I might have to call and fight later..

I have a similar story. After reading this thread, I decided to list first and see if the listing was free and then if not call Ebay support to verify the promotion. I listed and set it as a 10 day auction so it charged me a fee. I called support and the person gave me incorrect information. First they said it had to be an "auction with buy it now" and that is why it didn't qualify. I also asked specifically about the promotion which they seemed to know about, to clarify if the entire listing including FVF were free and they specifically said "no". They said only the listing and insertion fee was free, and anything else like reserve pricing, 10 day auction, etc. were all extra charges.

Given they said that I didn't list it correctly and that the FVF wasn't free, they talked me into cancelling the listing, essentially. So I did, only minutes after creating it in the first place. I then read the entire fine print posted in the link here and decided, I just got screwed by their "support" with incorrect info. So I before re-listing I checked my profile as was shown a couple pages back to see if the promo was listed as used there. Of course it WAS! So I re-listed and re-called support to see if the promo would be applied to my new listing.

They were nice about it, but said there was no way they could actually verify if the promo was properly applied or not. When I explained why this was so important to me, they ALSO tried to say that the FVF was not free, and I said, no, I'm looking at the terms now, and made them verify, and this second person did admit it. They then started to try and tell me the deal was already applied to my last listing, and I said, "no no, that's not going to work as an answer here, because the other person told me blatantly incorrect info which caused me to cancel and re-list in the first place." After two holds while they talked to a supervisor, they still could not confirm how the fees would be assessed at the end of the auction, however they did agree with me that I should receive the promotional waiving of the FVF. They documented my call and gave me a reference number to use if I needed to call back and get the fee credited back to me if it was assessed. I have a feeling I will be needing to call back for sure. They also documented the details of the offer so that there would be something to refer back to for the next person who might answer my call.

So lesson is, I'd suggest anyone trying to take advantage of this deal, do so before midnight PST and verify your "All selling" page to see if you have the deal applied to your account, save the link posted earlier and more importantly capture a screenshot of the terms for reference if there is any trouble. Do not let anyone talk you down from expecting the FVF to be free, as two customer support people have done with me. And if you are in my shoes where you accidentally already "used" the deal, go ahead and call in now to have this discussion before hand so you aren't begging for a refund later (which you absolutely will end up having to do, I think).

setha6506 11-27-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stasis (Post 55423872)

I think it was page 8 or 9 that had a link to the Ebay page that had the offer in extreme detail, all the fine print and restrictions included. I took a screenshot (it took 4 to get it all...) of that page myself. I suggest you go back and look at that link because that's a standalone link and you don't have to worry about emails being deleted on you.

For what it's worth, my email also disappeared today, which is why the first CSR was able to talk me out of my listing, since I had only their word to go on. That was when I saw the additional posts here with the links to the full promotional details.

nutz 11-27-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stasis (Post 55423872)

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pic...off_08.jpg

stasis 11-28-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutz (Post 55425086)

thanks! was able to list something @ 11:58PM Pacific :woot: But was limited to 10-day listing only; no 30-day (it's a BIN with Best Offer)

ynr00 11-28-2012 07:00 AM

I did craiglist one new item and I got a request to create an invoice in paypal
and the buyer is willing to pay by that. He asked me to ship the item to different address.
Just checking if there is any scam involved.
Can the buyer claim back in paypal if he wanted to return or not interested once it ships.

myamex 11-28-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynr00 (Post 55439902)
and the buyer is willing to pay by that. He asked me to ship the item to different address.
Can the buyer claim back in paypal if he wanted to return or not interested once it ships.

why are you using paypal with craigslists. Are you out of your mind?

Sriman 11-28-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynr00 (Post 55439902)

on CL, you should CASH only and no exceptions.. Anything else is a scam...

vampire3eb 11-28-2012 10:48 AM

I had the promo in my inbox and listed on a mobile device. After reading this thread, I got paranoid and found the promo invite was magically NO longer in my inbox. I called Customer Service to confirm no FVF Fee and no Insertion Fee, but they supposedly had no idea. Really unfair, sneaky, and deceptive business practice from eBay. I'll definitely seek other alternatives to selling items in the future.

slickpokerdealer 11-28-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setha6506 (Post 55424096)
I have a similar story. After reading this thread, I decided to list first and see if the listing was free and then if not call Ebay support to verify the promotion. I listed and set it as a 10 day auction so it charged me a fee. I called support and the person gave me incorrect information. First they said it had to be an "auction with buy it now" and that is why it didn't qualify. I also asked specifically about the promotion which they seemed to know about, to clarify if the entire listing including FVF were free and they specifically said "no". They said only the listing and insertion fee was free, and anything else like reserve pricing, 10 day auction, etc. were all extra charges.

Given they said that I didn't list it correctly and that the FVF wasn't free, they talked me into cancelling the listing, essentially. So I did, only minutes after creating it in the first place. I then read the entire fine print posted in the link here and decided, I just got screwed by their "support" with incorrect info. So I before re-listing I checked my profile as was shown a couple pages back to see if the promo was listed as used there. Of course it WAS! So I re-listed and re-called support to see if the promo would be applied to my new listing.

They were nice about it, but said there was no way they could actually verify if the promo was properly applied or not. When I explained why this was so important to me, they ALSO tried to say that the FVF was not free, and I said, no, I'm looking at the terms now, and made them verify, and this second person did admit it. They then started to try and tell me the deal was already applied to my last listing, and I said, "no no, that's not going to work as an answer here, because the other person told me blatantly incorrect info which caused me to cancel and re-list in the first place." After two holds while they talked to a supervisor, they still could not confirm how the fees would be assessed at the end of the auction, however they did agree with me that I should receive the promotional waiving of the FVF. They documented my call and gave me a reference number to use if I needed to call back and get the fee credited back to me if it was assessed. I have a feeling I will be needing to call back for sure. They also documented the details of the offer so that there would be something to refer back to for the next person who might answer my call.

So lesson is, I'd suggest anyone trying to take advantage of this deal, do so before midnight PST and verify your "All selling" page to see if you have the deal applied to your account, save the link posted earlier and more importantly capture a screenshot of the terms for reference if there is any trouble. Do not let anyone talk you down from expecting the FVF to be free, as two customer support people have done with me. And if you are in my shoes where you accidentally already "used" the deal, go ahead and call in now to have this discussion before hand so you aren't begging for a refund later (which you absolutely will end up having to do, I think).

Hmm.. Thanks for explaining... Looks like they customer service have no idea abt the offer.. I am going to find a way to email them...

BTW, do you guys cancel a bid from a user with 0 feedbacks? Will ebay question me if I do that? I have listed a expensive product and one guy is bidding aggressively with 0 feedbacks... I do not want to get scammed... Thoughts please???

setha6506 11-28-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealerutah (Post 55457094)
Hmm.. Thanks for explaining... Looks like they customer service have no idea abt the offer.. I am going to find a way to email them...

BTW, do you guys cancel a bid from a user with 0 feedbacks? Will ebay question me if I do that? I have listed a expensive product and one guy is bidding aggressively with 0 feedbacks... I do not want to get scammed... Thoughts please???

There is a way to block people with certain feedback profiles from bidding (like negative scores or unpaid items claims filed against them), but I don't think you can prevent someone with no feedback history. If you edit your listing, you can see those options. I personally used that feature to limit buyers outside of the US because I don't want to pay international shipping on a fixed shipping rate listing.

I tend not to worry too much unless it is something that is unique or rare, like if I was selling my rare coin collection and once the other person has it, they file a dispute and win, and send you back replacement coins that aren't the ones you had before. But if it is something like a Wii U, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. I have to believe that Ebay considers 0 scores in their dispute resolution process, and would tend to side with the person who has good feedback as long as the facts supported their side.

mastercraft1997 11-28-2012 02:24 PM

Just want to share my experience with this deal...

I placed an auction style listing with a buy it now using this offer and sold it two days ago. So far, no insertion fees AND no final valuation fees are posted to my account. This was a $50 dollar item so I definately saved several dollars.

Hope this helps. I agree, customer service at Ebay can be little to no help at all at times.

slickpokerdealer 11-28-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setha6506 (Post 55457694)
There is a way to block people with certain feedback profiles from bidding (like negative scores or unpaid items claims filed against them), but I don't think you can prevent someone with no feedback history. If you edit your listing, you can see those options. I personally used that feature to limit buyers outside of the US because I don't want to pay international shipping on a fixed shipping rate listing.

I tend not to worry too much unless it is something that is unique or rare, like if I was selling my rare coin collection and once the other person has it, they file a dispute and win, and send you back replacement coins that aren't the ones you had before. But if it is something like a Wii U, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. I have to believe that Ebay considers 0 scores in their dispute resolution process, and would tend to side with the person who has good feedback as long as the facts supported their side.

Its a iphone 5... I just added him to the blocked list.. I became little nervous and added him... Will it be effective immediately? I assume that if someone bids more, he cannot bid again...

ztide 11-28-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setha6506 (Post 55457694)

ha,
I would say just the opposite
there are plenty of people out there searching for popular items to steal
rare coins I would assume there are a lot less scammers.

And about ebay being "on your side"- that is funny- eBay is ALWAY on the buyer's side.
THAT is a fact.

tukwok 11-29-2012 05:11 PM

Funny how I got a generic message from and on ebay of the good job on selling when I didn't get around to taking advantage of this promotion and my last complete sale was over a month ago. :P

travfar 11-30-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampire3eb (Post 55448778)
I had the promo in my inbox and listed on a mobile device. After reading this thread, I got paranoid and found the promo invite was magically NO longer in my inbox. I called Customer Service to confirm no FVF Fee and no Insertion Fee, but they supposedly had no idea. Really unfair, sneaky, and deceptive business practice from eBay. I'll definitely seek other alternatives to selling items in the future.

I still have an active auction. I noticed that the free offer is gone from my "listing offers" section. The T&Cs said it only had to be placed by 11/27, not completed. The biggest scammer on ebay is ebay.

klimb22 11-30-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 55535758)
I still have an active auction. I noticed that the free offer is gone from my "listing offers" section. The T&Cs said it only had to be placed by 11/27, not completed. The biggest scammer on ebay is ebay.

On a previous promo, I posted on the last day, sold after the promo was over and everything was fine. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

lex2000 11-30-2012 12:24 PM

here is what happened: listed one item with a "new" acct(2yr old, 40 fb, all buying) on 11/27 and was taken down today for "suspicious activity" and acct locked. have to call to get it fixed and ebay told me I can relist it...oh well, thanks ebay for your great service.

travfar 11-30-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lex2000 (Post 55538002)
here is what happened: listed one item with a "new" acct(2yr old, 40 fb, all buying) on 11/27 and was taken down today for "suspicious activity" and acct locked. have to call to get it fixed and ebay told me I can relist it...oh well, thanks ebay for your great service.

Ebay took down my listing for a legitmate copy of Windows 7. They made a point of telling me they weren't singling me out even though they acknowledged there are plenty of other Windows 7 listings. Whatever ebay.

henryondeals 12-01-2012 01:51 PM

talking to ebay right now, the reps are clueless

henryondeals 12-01-2012 03:14 PM

got a reference number from a CS rep, says that my listing should qualify, will keep everyone posted when it sells (it's an iMac so it better qualify!)

Inpact 12-01-2012 06:10 PM

eBay is practicing shady business. I just sold my laptop on eBay. I have a current balance of $77 on my ebay account now. What happen to the free final value fee between 11/19-11/27? God dam, I hate ebay. Now I got to talk my way out of the transaction to cancel my item I sold. The buyer won't be happy.

klimb22 12-01-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 55578408)
eBay is practicing shady business. I just sold my laptop on eBay. I have a current balance of $77 on my ebay account now. What happen to the free final value fee between 11/19-11/27? God dam, I hate ebay. Now I got to talk my way out of the transaction to cancel my item I sold. The buyer won't be happy.

Was the offer ever in your eBay Messages or sent to your personal e-mail? Did you post your listing on the eBay Mobile app (not your phone's we browser)? Did you meet all of the seller requirements?

Inpact 12-01-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klimb22 (Post 55578470)
Was the offer ever in your eBay Messages or sent to your personal e-mail? Did you post your listing on the eBay Mobile app (not your phone's we browser)? Did you meet all of the seller requirements?

Yes I got the message from ebay (in my inbox on Ebay.com). And yes, I used the eBay app I downloaded on my iPhone. What do you mean did I meet all the seller requirements? I thought if I get the message in my eBay inbox that I would automatically qualify?

klimb22 12-01-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 55578564)
Yes I got the message from ebay (in my inbox on Ebay.com). And yes, I used the eBay app I downloaded on my iPhone. What do you mean did I meet all the seller requirements? I thought if I get the message in my eBay inbox that I would automatically qualify?

I don't think this promotion was targeted and was open to everyone judging by this in the T&Cs:

Who's eligible?

Inpact 12-01-2012 06:40 PM

After a lengthy hold and transferring to eBay's billing service, they found out that I did qualify and will be crediting my eBay account within the next 72 hours.

I suggest you all call eBay if you get charged for the final value fee. (that is assuming you received the message in the inbox as they checked my inbox even though the message is not there anymore for some reason)

training6147 12-01-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 55578408)

You would fare better throwing it into the trash,
then deal with Ebay and Paypal Shady business practices.

ZeeOhhSix 12-01-2012 08:50 PM

While I generally find the ebay/paypal syndicate to be scummy, I took advantage of this promo. I listed from my phone during the promo period, then updated the listing from my computer later on. The item sold tonight, for $629, and I just checked my seller account. No insertion fees, no final value fees on this item. Fingers crossed, but I think they just saved me $50+ in fees on this coupon. Ebay has done right by me on this one.

btmoney 12-02-2012 01:37 AM

It worked just fine for me. Perhaps those who are having trouble suffer from operator error...

rouvex 12-03-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

but believe me this message was SILENTLY removed from my eBay message inbox

I also had this email SILENTLY removed from my inbox. I am now highly suspicious of eBay and will be taking screenshots of future promo emails.

Can anybody forward me the original email ? (PM me)

I spent 45 mins on the phone with a rep and managed to get a "review eligibility" case opened and forced him to give me the promo number "1445" so I can refer to it in future calls.

Can anybody shed light on the minimum standards they are referring to.....

"This Promotion is available to all sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards."

I sell about 5-10 items each year.

Any other hints and tips would be appreciated as to how to deal with these scumbags.

Sold an iPhone 5 and I want my credit !

rockingsd 12-03-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeOhhSix (Post 55582116)
While I generally find the ebay/paypal syndicate to be scummy, I took advantage of this promo. I listed from my phone during the promo period, then updated the listing from my computer later on. The item sold tonight, for $629, and I just checked my seller account. No insertion fees, no final value fees on this item. Fingers crossed, but I think they just saved me $50+ in fees on this coupon. Ebay has done right by me on this one.

I too listed one camera, and it was sold last night. I do not see anything related to this camera so far in my account activity. So does this mean I am good and nothing charged at all :). I was hoping that they will charge, and probably credit it back because of the promotion. Will wait few more days and see what happens.

slickpokerdealer 12-03-2012 02:08 PM

I sold a brand new sealed iPhone 5 on ebay.. Buyer asks for IMEI and wants me to get the full IMEI by opening the phone... I said no because I didnt want to "open" the phone and he still wants to ship it.. Bad english too.. I assume he wants to unlock and send somewhere... But, he has around 50 feedbacks.. Any idea on what I should do?

I hate ebay and its fricking dangerous

gizmo17 12-03-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealerutah (Post 55639462)
I sold a brand new sealed iPhone 5 on ebay.. Buyer asks for IMEI and wants me to get the full IMEI by opening the phone... I said no because I didnt want to "open" the phone and he still wants to ship it.. Bad english too.. I assume he wants to unlock and send somewhere... But, he has around 50 feedbacks.. Any idea on what I should do?

I hate ebay and its fricking dangerous

I sold my used iPhone 4, the guy has 100+ feedback. When he got it, he e-mailed me to bitch about it, in very broken English. I wasn't even sure what he was complaining about. Right off he complained about something (scratches I think), and said he'll report me to eBay. So after 2-3 emails later, I told him to return the phone and I'll refund him. I just hope he doesn't try to switch phones on me, not sure what other phone scams are out there. I don't have the time to deal with these idiots. I've been selling on eBay for a while now, 10+ years, and haven't really had any issues.
That being said, I think popular items such as iPhones and iPads really brings out all the scammers.

What risk are you bearing by giving him the IMEI number? Won't he have it anyway when you send him the phone?

thund3rcat 12-03-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 55640512)
I sold my used iPhone 4, the guy has 100+ feedback. When he got it, he e-mailed me to bitch about it, in very broken English. I wasn't even sure what he was complaining about. Right off he complained about something (scratches I think), and said he'll report me to eBay. So after 2-3 emails later, I told him to return the phone and I'll refund him. I just hope he doesn't try to switch phones on me, not sure what other phone scams are out there. I don't have the time to deal with these idiots. I've been selling on eBay for a while now, 10+ years, and haven't really had any issues.
That being said, I think popular items such as iPhones and iPads really brings out all the scammers.

It might be buyer remorse so he's trying to come up with any excuses to return it. I sold a tablet keyboard once, and the buyer made up some excuses about being in a car accident and his tablet broke, so he had no need for the keyboard. He already left positive FB, so I just ignored it.

gizmo17 12-03-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thund3rcat (Post 55640682)
It might be buyer remorse so he's trying to come up with any excuses to return it. I sold a tablet keyboard once, and the buyer made up some excuses about being in a car accident and his tablet broke, so he had no need for the keyboard. He already left positive FB, so I just ignored it.

That's a possibility. But after reading so much about how eBay typically sides with the buyer vs. the seller, it may be easier to let this jerk return it. Wasted my "no final value" listing!

slickpokerdealer 12-03-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 55640512)

What risk are you bearing by giving him the IMEI number? Won't he have it anyway when you send him the phone?

I am worried if he will say the phone as open box and not sealed in box and file a claim... I also found that this guy has bought a few iphone unlock items on ebay... So I am assuming he wants to make sure its a clean ESN so he can unlock it...

xenxes 12-03-2012 07:22 PM

I listed an old camera on 11/26 via mobile and got charged a FV fee of $45.90 tonight. That mysterious promo disappeared from my inbox also. Now I remember why I stopped using eBay, bait and switch.

henryondeals 12-04-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenxes (Post 55650288)
I listed an old camera on 11/26 via mobile and got charged a FV fee of $45.90 tonight. That mysterious promo disappeared from my inbox also. Now I remember why I stopped using eBay, bait and switch.

mine is showing an insertion fee....their CS is no help

gizmo17 12-05-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thund3rcat (Post 55640682)

Okay, the dude is trying to scam me. He sent me back a different phone. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I can't access ebay from work, so I'll have to go home and read about their policy. But just curious if anyone has had experience with this.
:mad:

thund3rcat 12-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 55717840)
Okay, the dude is trying to scam me. He sent me back a different phone. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I can't access ebay from work, so I'll have to go home and read about their policy. But just curious if anyone has had experience with this.

First I hope you had signature confirmation when you sent him the item, PayPal will fark you over if not. What I would do is withdraw all PayPal balance into my bank before the funds gets frozen if he ever starts the dispute. Second you need to scare the buyer and tell him you will report him to the local police station/postal office for fraud or anything like that. If there's a dispute hope for the best. If you lose there will be negative balance in your PayPal, just go to your bank and get a new account number. Start fresh with a new Ebay and PayPal account.

Peregrine 12-05-2012 06:49 PM

My promo disappeared as well. Auction item just ended about an hour ago and getting charged a FV fee.

For the phone, do you have any documentation that has the sim number of the phone that you had sent to prove the one returned is not the same?

henryondeals 12-05-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 55717840)

just curious, what was his feedback like?

gizmo17 12-05-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryondeals (Post 55736222)
just curious, what was his feedback like?

He has a bit over 100 positive feedback. Never mind, I just realized it was my fault. He sent me back the right phone. Earlier, I was basing my judgement on my wife's description if the phone. When I got home and saw it, I recognized my scratches. It didn't match the box because apple had replaced it for me a while back. So they gave me a new phone, but not a new box. I promptly refunded him. Thanks for the replies!

henryondeals 12-05-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo17 (Post 55736468)
He has a bit over 100 positive feedback. Never mind, I just realized it was my fault. He sent me back the right phone. Earlier, I was basing my judgement on my wife's description if the phone. When I got home and saw it, I recognized my scratches. It didn't match the box because apple had replaced it for me a while back. So they gave me a new phone, but not a new box. I promptly refunded him. Thanks for the replies!

glad it all worked out!

Inpact 12-06-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 55579116)
After a lengthy hold and transferring to eBay's billing service, they found out that I did qualify and will be crediting my eBay account within the next 72 hours.

I suggest you all call eBay if you get charged for the final value fee. (that is assuming you received the message in the inbox as they checked my inbox even though the message is not there anymore for some reason)

Wow eBay is freaking liars. I still see my final value fee posted in my account. No credit what so ever like the CS said on the phone. God f you eBay.

DMUE 12-07-2012 10:04 AM

They charged me as well. It still amazes me that they removed all customer service contact except the phone. I don't feel like sitting on hold for half an hour. That is of course what they are counting on.

Andy11 12-07-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inpact (Post 55778320)
Wow eBay is freaking liars. I still see my final value fee posted in my account. No credit what so ever like the CS said on the phone. God f you eBay.

They separated the fee and credit. Check to see if it is on the credit link! If not, call again. I got back my money.