Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Black Friday 2014 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What time are you lining up for the Walmart 60" Vizio for $688? (http://slickdeals.net/f/5540270-what-time-are-you-lining-up-for-the-walmart-60-vizio-for-688)

laurasaur25 11-20-2012 03:39 PM

What time are you lining up for the Walmart 60" Vizio for $688?

I'm keeping an eye on Amazon too but I'm not very hopeful since everything is selling out so quickly. So what time are you planning on getting in line at Walmart? I've gone for tv's at this store before and only had to be there about an hour early but this one seems incredibly popular. I was thinking 4:00p Thursday but am curious what others are thinking.

I called the store and she said they only have 3 in stock (!). We're a fairly large town (Canton, OH) so I'm hoping she's incorrect....

madeinandhra 11-20-2012 03:41 PM

You are not kidding right

ohmyyikes 11-20-2012 03:46 PM

I'll be there tonight at 11 pm PST.

drsketch 11-20-2012 03:51 PM

I was heading down there in about an hour with my tent and coleman stove

krazyshopper 11-20-2012 03:53 PM

Don't wait in line! Sears Is offering that deal right now online.see the slickdeals front page!

klinkman 11-20-2012 04:01 PM

I think the sears tv is the Sharp model, not vizio.
Not complaining, just sayin

inmyveganopinion 11-20-2012 04:02 PM

an hour early?? On Sunday only people who got to Sams Club there by 2pm got the 8pm tv deal, and that was far less popular than BF at Wal Mart

ben7337 11-20-2012 04:10 PM

Not sure if I'll deal with walmart, might just take the amazon risk, but my Walmart isn't going to have lines starting until 6pm, so there is no point in going before then, unless you want to stand in a random place and hope the line forms behind you. if they release the store map with a line location thing on thursday, then one would have to get there at opening I suppose. It isn't worth a whole day of waiting, to save $322 dollars to be honest, I'd rather just do some extra work.

HotMaven 11-20-2012 04:13 PM

I think you better go now OP to guarantee yourself a tv.

RAYMONDY 11-20-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmyyikes (Post 55007524)
I'll be there tonight at 11 pm PST.http://goo.gl/cJyR7

WOW no Thanksgiving for you

persian_mafia 11-20-2012 04:25 PM

Just get there 10mins before store opens

drsketch 11-20-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAYMONDY (Post 55009106)
WOW no Thanksgiving for you

thanksgiving mre's, it they work in Iraq, they will work at wally's world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163yJI2JYSE

laurasaur25 11-20-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben7337 (Post 55008614)
Not sure if I'll deal with walmart, might just take the amazon risk, but my Walmart isn't going to have lines starting until 6pm, so there is no point in going before then, unless you want to stand in a random place and hope the line forms behind you. if they release the store map with a line location thing on thursday, then one would have to get there at opening I suppose. It isn't worth a whole day of waiting, to save $322 dollars to be honest, I'd rather just do some extra work.

That's why I'm not going any earlier. I thought about going at 2:00 but it being thanksgiving it's just not worth it. I'll go and if there's a ton of people then i'll go home and come back for the actual sale. It's not worth missing Thanksgiving with family.

laurasaur25 11-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmyveganopinion (Post 55008230)
an hour early?? On Sunday only people who got to Sams Club there by 2pm got the 8pm tv deal, and that was far less popular than BF at Wal Mart

I went an hour early last year but like i said it was a much less popular tv and i was second in line. Obviously it's a popular one this year so that's why i asked

inmyveganopinion 11-20-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurasaur25 (Post 55010088)
I went an hour early last year but like i said it was a much less popular tv and i was second in line. Obviously it's a popular one this year so that's why i asked

2 years ago I went an hour early and got a tv & blu ray. But that was before they started opening at 8p & 10p.

Whyareyouinline 11-20-2012 05:05 PM

These sites are a gas! I love seeing how the uninformed live their lives. Black Friday has gone from a few desperate stores offering killer deals to try and win back customers about 11 years ago to one of the most profitable selling days of the year for ALL retailers. Anyone waiting in line for any sort of sale is clearly not all their upstairs. When i say most profitable day of the year, this means you will be parting with more money then you would be during a bi-weekly discount in say July. There are those that now make a tradition out of camping out each year at places like best buy simply because they have nothing better to do with their lives. How pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

rydaz3s 11-20-2012 05:07 PM

Sharp makes better quality TVs than Vizio... better off getting the tv now for the same price from Sears/BB
unless you enjoy waiting outside in the cold loosing sleep to fight over the 3/4 they'll likely have in stock.

Mossy1 11-20-2012 05:12 PM

Really depends on what your time is worth to you. You have to figure at this point the maps have been released for my area. You can only hope that maybe others aren't so much in the know. but this deal is everywhere. I was thinking of stopping by one of my local Walmarts tomorrow evening just to see if they started getting the product out (recon) and if anyone is hanging around the general area. I may even poke around to try and find out how many are in stock. I guess I am lucky to have multiple Walmarts close by me. I was going to try for it at one of the stores that is slightly out of the way. Not the one that is closer to my mall and Target. You have to figure most BF shoppers are heading that way and I would fully expect that store to be crazy.

laurasaur25 11-20-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyareyouinline (Post 55010912)
These sites are a gas! I love seeing how the uninformed live their lives. Black Friday has gone from a few desperate stores offering killer deals to try and win back customers about 11 years ago to one of the most profitable selling days of the year for ALL retailers. Anyone waiting in line for any sort of sale is clearly not all their upstairs. When i say most profitable day of the year, this means you will be parting with more money then you would be during a bi-weekly discount in say July. There are those that now make a tradition out of camping out each year at places like best buy simply because they have nothing better to do with their lives. How pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

I'll never understand why people who don't support black friday go to black friday pages/sites:shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy1 (Post 55011210)
Really depends on what your time is worth to you. You have to figure at this point the maps have been released for my area. You can only hope that maybe others aren't so much in the know. but this deal is everywhere. I was thinking of stopping by one of my local Walmarts tomorrow evening just to see if they started getting the product out (recon) and if anyone is hanging around the general area. I may even poke around to try and find out how many are in stock. I guess I am lucky to have multiple Walmarts close by me. I was going to try for it at one of the stores that is slightly out of the way. Not the one that is closer to my mall and Target. You have to figure most BF shoppers are heading that way and I would fully expect that store to be crazy.

Yeah I have 3 walmarts. One is at the strip with the main mall so i figured that one is out, one is in the middle of nowhere, and one is in a poor part of town. I went to the poor part of town last year an hour before and got a tv but like i said this one is more popular. I'll probably check out the last two.

wantnano 11-20-2012 05:46 PM

you could try buying it on amazon but it'll sell out within 2 seconds

drsketch 11-20-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydaz3s (Post 55010980)
Sharp makes better quality TVs than Vizio... better off getting the tv now for the same price from Sears/BB
unless you enjoy waiting outside in the cold loosing sleep to fight over the 3/4 they'll likely have in stock.

The vizio is better than the sharp and whether their tvs are better is debatable

elwaydb32 11-20-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyshopper (Post 55007824)
Don't wait in line! Sears Is offering that deal right now online.see the slickdeals front page!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben7337 (Post 55008614)

The sears deal is for LCD.

I'm sure everyone has seen it, but all the Walmart maps have been released. Their Walmart app has all the info so you'll know where you're going

nauticalx 11-20-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

written by someone who is supposedly not "not all their" with multiple grammatical and spelling errors in their rant. :lol:

jottect 11-20-2012 06:12 PM

I'm already in line... using my iphone to post this

kiddin'

SL 11-20-2012 06:14 PM

heard some people really were already in line...

blackie615 11-20-2012 06:24 PM

Just went to the closest Walmart in my area ...a "Superstore" according to the www.walmart.com. I asked one of the workers in the electronic section and he looked in the paper ad for their store and said they don't have any 60" Vizio TV....anyone else encounter this?

drsketch 11-20-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie615 (Post 55014048)
Just went to the closest Walmart in my area ...a "Superstore" according to the www.walmart.com. I asked one of the workers in the electronic section and he looked in the paper ad for their store and said they don't have any 60" Vizio TV....anyone else encounter this?

They are probably bullshitting you

Mossy1 11-20-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

They wouldn't tell me anything over the phone about availability. Probably the same in store, or of course they may not know. Local store did say they would have their stock on the floor as early as tonight. Did you check your stores map?? It would be listed on there for the location. If it's not on their map, perhaps that store doesn't have that item. Seems unlikely.

WhatIsThis 11-20-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

The guy/girl is for sure Bull Shitting you. I encountered a few ppl in Walmart last year and a couple of the workers said they dont have what i was looking for...1 guy was honest and said they cant really say bc its some sort of "policy". He said they should have enough but just come early. Im gonna go an hr before to see how long the line is, if its not long, i'll line up, if its long, i'll come back an hr after the sale opens. Im not really looking at this TV but if I really wanted it, I would probably line up early, if not, its not worth missing time with Family.

Ridewithme38 11-20-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatIsThis (Post 55014636)
The guy/girl is for sure Bull Shitting you. I encountered a few ppl in Walmart last year and a couple of the workers said they dont have what i was looking for...1 guy was honest and said they cant really say bc its some sort of "policy". He said they should have enough but just come early. Im gonna go an hr before to see how long the line is, if its not long, i'll line up, if its long, i'll come back an hr after the sale opens. Im not really looking at this TV but if I really wanted it, I would probably line up early, if not, its not worth missing time with Family.

What does 'early' mean though?

WhatIsThis 11-20-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 (Post 55014938)
What does 'early' mean though?

lol. good question, Depends on what I want, then I would go "early" accordingly...but to be honest, i only went early like 5 to 7 years ago...stood in line for about 1 hr I think. It was when they used to do door busters at 6AM, not Thanksgiving Day...and it wasn't that big of a trend at that time either. Now its just seems like a waste of time.

Suzook1 11-20-2012 06:58 PM

I lined up just after thanksgiving last year... you should see how long my beard has grown... :)

MachAF 11-20-2012 07:01 PM

I can't figure out why people camp out. Either they make minimum wage and their time isn't worth much. Or they are too dumb to figure out that time is money...

Or they don't work anyway and receive GOVT. assistance...

j_ten_man 11-20-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachAF (Post 55015446)
I can't figure out why people camp out. Either they make minimum wage and their time isn't worth much. Or they are too dumb to figure out that time is money...

Buying this with foodstamps. FTW!

h1qual1ty 11-20-2012 07:16 PM

I got the Panasonic 50" for $550 instead.

J3ff 11-20-2012 07:25 PM

It's not that hard to get in on amazon deals, I'll never line up and will never understand the ones wh odo

Ridewithme38 11-20-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

I get 20 days of Paid vacation a year, but am able to carry over only 10 days from year to year...Right now, i have 13 days left for the year to use(since i carried over 10 from last year) If i don't use those 3 days i lose them....

IF i were to wait on line, camping in front of walmart, i wouldn't be losing a dime vs. working....But i won't be camping, because i love turkey and wont miss a thanksgiving with my 92yr old Grandmother

I don't think its fair to assume these people waiting online at places like Best Buy and Walmart are losing money because they are waiting online...Paid vacation is pretty common in America...

sumrtym 11-20-2012 07:49 PM

Not only that, but seriously, MOST only camp out about 8 hours before the doors open. Sleep outside vs sleeping at home, urban camping one night a year? What's to complain about.

drsketch 11-20-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 (Post 55016360)
I get 20 days of Paid vacation a year,

I get 30 + all holidays

Ridewithme38 11-20-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsketch (Post 55017218)
I get 30 + all holidays

I'm new and in a 'anyone can do it' type job....How do you use 30+ days a year of vacation? I have trouble using 20! It might make sense for me to camp out...Just so i can use my days!

Slickery 11-20-2012 08:15 PM

Oh hi....I was in line at wall-mart 2 weeks ago. I just saw this thread so I am like saying hi to you all.

drsketch 11-20-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 (Post 55017818)
I'm new and in a 'anyone can do it' type job....How do you use 30+ days a year of vacation? I have trouble using 20! It might make sense for me to camp out...Just so i can use my days!

go to the beach 2 weeks, skiing, birthdays, thanksgiving week, then random other days off. It is nice, I am blessed.

J3ff 11-20-2012 08:28 PM

Well if we're on a my vacation is longer than yours.. I get 10 weeks a year, and am a year round worker, also we always have half day Fridays and Fridays off during the summer.. and yes, I'm above 60k a year :)

devilrebel 11-20-2012 10:15 PM

checked my local wal-mart (in southern arizona) couple days ago, and a seemingly knowledgeable manager dude checked the computer and told me there were 44. Checked again today with a different manager lady and it seemed like she went back and physically counted each one and came back with a number of 28.
Problem is a lot of wal-marts are 24hrs, so how the hell do you know when to line up? They have not mentioned when you can or cannot start lining up. The line will form in the "paper and chemicals" area of my store. Seriously thinking about paying a 17 yr old kid I know like $100 bucks to just wait in line for me starting around 4pm or whenever his parents will let him bail from Turkey dinner. Still saving $210 and I don't have to deal with the BS from Wal-mart.

laurasaur25 11-20-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilrebel (Post 55022698)
checked my local wal-mart (in southern arizona) couple days ago, and a seemingly knowledgeable manager dude checked the computer and told me there were 44. Checked again today with a different manager lady and it seemed like she went back and physically counted each one and came back with a number of 28.
Problem is a lot of wal-marts are 24hrs, so how the hell do you know when to line up? They have not mentioned when you can or cannot start lining up. The line will form in the "paper and chemicals" area of my store. Seriously thinking about paying a 17 yr old kid I know like $100 bucks to just wait in line for me starting around 4pm or whenever his parents will let him bail from Turkey dinner. Still saving $210 and I don't have to deal with the BS from Wal-mart.

your walmart should have the map for where to line up online. you can line whenever you want it's more a matter of when everyone else does. you don't want to go longer than you have to but then you don't want to show up and be the 100th person there either. you can call and see if they've heard at all when people are starting because they hear people talking.

drsketch 11-20-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J3ff (Post 55018376)
Well if we're on a my vacation is longer than yours.. I get 10 weeks a year, and am a year round worker, also we always have half day Fridays and Fridays off during the summer.. and yes, I'm above 60k a year :)

that's the way it should be - work hard, play hard, not get drilled into the ground while you get poor and 1 man gets rich

raymacfla 11-21-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

How many hours does the average person sit idle in front of a computer or TV? How many go to sporting events just to tailgate and never buy a ticket to go in? How many people are forced to sit down at a table to eat dinner with people they can't wait to get away from? All because the government tells you when to get together to be thankful?

How utterly hateful are those who judge the actions of others because the math does not add up for them! It is not always the money that matters to those inclined to camp. Haters will always be haters and that is why they lash out as others who don't act like they do.

I have seen plenty of campers this year with some pretty sweet digs. They are partying in Fort Myers, and here in Jacksonville. We always have a good time and educate those who are willing to listen. We do not waste our time on elitists who are just despicable persons anyway. Don't buy into the fuzzy math that other use. No long time camper loses money. We make money and also help friends, family and clergy. Some of us also make money by selling on Ebay before the sales even begin. I am not talking about resales of BF items, but sales that are prearranged from home and scheduled to run so we can monitor them online during BF week. I literally made $144 in one day, with more to come, so we do tend to keep ourselves busy when we are not busting on all of the haters.

nethwafu 11-21-2012 01:43 AM

lol i work as an electronic manager at walmart and yes theres gonna be lines but i have received around 50pcs of those tv's and i live in las vegas and my store isnt really the biggest in town.

jacure 11-21-2012 02:07 AM

i have a vacation everyday, beat that!! that's on the real, too. ;)

drsketch 11-21-2012 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=jacure;55029958]i have a vacation everyday, beat that!! that's on the real, too.

Obama vac or retired?

kerndeal 11-21-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsketch (Post 55033358)
i have a vacation everyday, beat that!! that's on the real, too.

Obama vac or retired?

Funemployed!

mrredskin 11-21-2012 07:13 AM

i'm wondering if ALL the skylanders stuff will be with the xbox bundle area or if the Giants starter pack will be with video games

maddog83 11-21-2012 07:22 AM

Any chance this deal shows up online?

Dave4086 11-21-2012 07:42 AM

I've called both stores in my town (Murfreesboro, TN) and no employee seems to know anything about the plan for Black Friday. They say the manager hasn't 'passed that information down yet'

If I could find out how many TV's each Walmart has it would definitely help me decide when to get there. I'm thinking 4-5pm would ensure a TV... but who knows. Still hoping Amazon throws the sale up sometime tomorrow so I won't have to stand in line.

laurasaur25 11-21-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave4086 (Post 55036652)
I've called both stores in my town (Murfreesboro, TN) and no employee seems to know anything about the plan for Black Friday. They say the manager hasn't 'passed that information down yet'

If I could find out how many TV's each Walmart has it would definitely help me decide when to get there. I'm thinking 4-5pm would ensure a TV... but who knows. Still hoping Amazon throws the sale up sometime tomorrow so I won't have to stand in line.

That's what I'm hoping for but the way people are talking with how fast it's going to sell out I'm not exactly hopeful. I'm thinking more and more that the woman that told me 3 units was wrong. The other two stores in my area said they couldn't tell me and everyone on here is saying 20-45 so 3 seems inaccurate to me. I just wish I knew how many units so I could pick a store (we have 3 stores)

Dave4086 11-21-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurasaur25 (Post 55037048)
That's what I'm hoping for but the way people are talking with how fast it's going to sell out I'm not exactly hopeful. I'm thinking more and more that the woman that told me 3 units was wrong. The other two stores in my area said they couldn't tell me and everyone on here is saying 20-45 so 3 seems inaccurate to me. I just wish I knew how many units so I could pick a store (we have 3 stores)

At least you have 3 stores to choose from. If you have a flexible family or friend that would help you out you could theoretically go to all 3 at the same time and judge which lines are the shortest and just move to that one once you can confirm you would get a TV in that line. I'm going to run by after work and talk to a manager in person and hopefully get some answers. So far it is shaping up to be a chaotic black friday at our stores (especially if they don't have a firm plan).

Alphonze88 11-21-2012 08:10 AM

I'm hoping that the Vizio deal pops up on Amazon sometime tomorrow before the Walmart deal starts. I'll be attempting for whichever is first just in case the other fails, and getting it online is obviously ideal.

If I do go to Walmart I'm planning on possibly going there at 7 PM or so and just bringing my 3DS with me with an RPG to play.

IamMunneY 11-21-2012 08:12 AM

I really don't want to wait. I see all you guys from TN on here! HOWDY! MEMPHIS IN THE HIZZY! lol

I actually have to go to thanksgiving over in Arkansas tomorrow so I'm debating on just trying to get it over there. I wish Amazon would post when they are doing it!

But it appears there will be 12-20 per store. Sucks I really don't wanna have to spend all day thanksgiving to get this thing.

jacure 11-21-2012 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=drsketch;55033358]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacure (Post 55029958)
i have a vacation everyday, beat that!! that's on the real, too.

Obama vac or retired?

retired marine at 21
:(

drsketch 11-21-2012 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=jacure;55046066]
Quote:

Originally Posted by drsketch (Post 55033358)
retired marine at 21
:(

Well sir I hope you were not permanently hurt. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

wantnano 11-21-2012 12:22 PM

you all think there will be that big a demand for this?

most people will be happy to buy those generic tv's for hundreds of dollars lower

$700 is still a big amount of money to spend

fataldesain 11-21-2012 01:07 PM

You guys are going to be mad at me but my dad just called me and told me how he is going to get this tv no wait. He went to walmart yesterday and tried to buy it it a full price then return it after black friday and get the price difference. The site said it was available to buy in store at the full price. Anyway to make a long story short they tried to sell it it to him but they couldn't so a manager told him to come back on friday and he will havee one for him.

I cut the story short but pretty much the full price and black friday are a different model even though they are the same like one letter or number is off. It would not ring up so the manager told him to come back on sat or fri.

CapLoD 11-21-2012 01:18 PM

couple of things.

1: sharp is a better brand than Vizio

2: the way around the limited stock and waiting is to purchase it now at regular price then BF go in with your receipt and collect the difference. (wal marts price match guarantee). I did this with my 46" I got this time 4 years ago. I paid 1200 up front then collected 500 cash on that black friday. The trick is to make certain it is the EXACT model they are going to have for sale on BF.

IamMunneY 11-21-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fataldesain (Post 55053968)
You guys are going to be mad at me but my dad just called me and told me how he is going to get this tv no wait. He went to walmart yesterday and tried to buy it it a full price then return it after black friday and get the price difference. The site said it was available to buy in store at the full price. Anyway to make a long story short they tried to sell it it to him but they couldn't so a manager told him to come back on friday and he will havee one for him.

I cut the story short but pretty much the full price and black friday are a different model even though they are the same like one letter or number is off. It would not ring up so the manager told him to come back on sat or fri.

The model they have listed is the model that gets top reviews on Amazon and everywhere else. They carry one in stores that is a 60" but it is not the same model as the black friday one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapLoD (Post 55054462)
couple of things.

1: sharp is a better brand than Vizio

2: the way around the limited stock and waiting is to purchase it now at regular price then BF go in with your receipt and collect the difference. (wal marts price match guarantee). I did this with my 46" I got this time 4 years ago. I paid 1200 up front then collected 500 cash on that black friday. The trick is to make certain it is the EXACT model they are going to have for sale on BF.

1. It is not "better" They may make more expensive and higher end products, but better is very much not the case. The vizio they are selling is VERY VERY highly rated and one of the best buys, They are also rated as one of the best tvs for the budget and have the highest customer satisfaction.

2. I was just told that they no longer honor that, and they do not sell the vizio until black friday.

CapLoD 11-21-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fataldesain (Post 55053968)

haha. great minds think alike. Super minds think 10 minutes quicker.

fataldesain 11-21-2012 01:31 PM

After owning a few sharps and vizio's I do think overall sharp is better and over 60 in I would go sharp. But in this case I would take this vizio over the sharp at the same price.

DontTaxBeer 11-21-2012 01:33 PM

did you even look at what it's going for these days? not worth saving only $200 for a cheap sorry @ss no name generic tv. 25% off this tv is a joke.

deonlee1 11-21-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Not everyone works Thursday and Friday, and in my case I took 2 days vacation out of my 14 days off

drsketch 11-21-2012 02:31 PM

its cold out here in the parking lot, too bad noone is hawking coffee @ 4$ a cup

niceperson77 11-21-2012 02:56 PM

this shouldnt be too hard to get because not many people have nearly $800 (with tax) for a tv....and those that do probably arent willing to wait in line like some of "po folk"

Suzook1 11-21-2012 03:09 PM

not many people have nearly $800...... yeah ok you keep on thinking that

werewolfalpha 11-21-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

I'd feel more sorry for the sad people that have nothing better to do with their time than make a new account to go into a thread to mock people who are trying to save money on a website that is all about saving money. Oh, that's right, that would be you.

coup nazi 11-21-2012 05:03 PM

it's too big

drsketch 11-21-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coup nazi (Post 55065154)
it's too big

I disagree

Ridewithme38 11-21-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coup nazi (Post 55065154)
it's too big

thats what she (no women) has ever said to a member of SD

AcidBath 11-21-2012 07:10 PM

Hey dumb question... first time lining up for a TV. My Wal-Mart is open all day tomorrow. TV goes on sale at 10. I was going to show up 4:30ish and camp out. Can I bring a folding chair? Not sure if that is cool with them. Any advice from seasoned "campers" is appreciated!

Serpephone 11-21-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidBath (Post 55070084)
Hey dumb question... first time lining up for a TV. My Wal-Mart is open all day tomorrow. TV goes on sale at 10. I was going to show up 4:30ish and camp out. Can I bring a folding chair? Not sure if that is cool with them. Any advice from seasoned "campers" is appreciated!

yeah, our Walmart allowed lawn chairs last year

AcidBath 11-21-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpephone (Post 55070240)
yeah, our Walmart allowed lawn chairs last year

Sweet! Best part is this gives me a golden opportunity to ditch out of my in-laws house and STILL keep the old lady happy (bigger is better). I know the Wal-Mart schmucks are not happy, but this is awesome. Make it 4pm next year!

Serpephone 11-21-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidBath (Post 55070918)
Sweet! Best part is this gives me a golden opportunity to ditch out of my in-laws house and STILL keep the old lady happy (bigger is better). I know the Wal-Mart schmucks are not happy, but this is awesome. Make it 4pm next year!

yeah good excuse to leave the relative's house early -- sad thing is we really need a new tv -- our DLP is almost dead... limping on its last leg--black bars on the top and bottom of screen and volume doesn't work half the time! :O

IamMunneY 11-21-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpephone (Post 55071020)
yeah good excuse to leave the relative's house early -- sad thing is we really need a new tv -- our DLP is almost dead... limping on its last leg--black bars on the top and bottom of screen and volume doesn't work half the time! :O

That is my exact scenario. My Samsung DLP is giving a red hue to everything. It's been on its last leg for awhile. I really REALLY hope I get this thing.

ncasolo 11-21-2012 07:34 PM

I got one of the TVs in question on Sunday at Sams club. I'm very happy with it. I need a couple of tweaks to the calibration yet, but for the most part it looks great. My choices of TVs this year were
46" Samsungs
46" LGs
60" Vizio

Those are the TV's that are in my price range and meet the criteria I was looking for (LED/Smart TV). I don't know about all the haters in this thread but I don't see any other 60" LED Smart TV's available for less than $1200. I don't even see any 55" smart LEDs in this price range. Even the Samsung 55" for $800 is the cheap samsung panel that gets worse reviews than this Vizio.

yes I saved $300 on the Vizio, but realistically the regular price on the TV should probably be closer to $1500 than $1000. I feel more like I saved $800.

Serpephone 11-21-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamMunneY (Post 55071136)
That is my exact scenario. My Samsung DLP is giving a red hue to everything. It's been on its last leg for awhile. I really REALLY hope I get this thing.

good luck! Walmart is going to be a mad house and it takes a year to recover from the shock of it all! :lol:

IamMunneY 11-21-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpephone (Post 55071246)
good luck! Walmart is going to be a mad house and it takes a year to recover from the shock of it all! :lol:

The hilarious part is my buddy called me today asking about what TV and had his eye on this. He is gonna line up early and I'm gonna join him after the 90 minutes drive back from the family. May or may not have some liquid staying power with me to keep the nuts from getting to me.

drsketch 11-21-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidBath (Post 55070084)

Why not just grab one of their chairs they are selling and borrow that?

jjmoreta 11-21-2012 07:41 PM

One of my local BBs already had 5 people camping tonight. At least one was just for the 40". If they're willing to miss Turkey Day for a 40" I shudder to think what our WMs will be looking like. Heading over Thursday afternoon probably won't cut it and I won't miss family time, so oh well.

Serpephone 11-21-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamMunneY (Post 55071312)
The hilarious part is my buddy called me today asking about what TV and had his eye on this. He is gonna line up early and I'm gonna join him after the 90 minutes drive back from the family. May or may not have some liquid staying power with me to keep the nuts from getting to me.

we're gonna get to WM around 5 PM - hopefully this will be early enough... last year, we got there two hours before the deals went live and we were way in the front of the line(s)... we were able to buy a couple of smaller TVs, XBox, and a laptop with no problems... longest line was for XBox, but they had a huge pallet of them so we were all good there

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsketch (Post 55071396)
Why not just grab one of their chairs they are selling and borrow that?

I think my brother did that! :shake: :O :D

laurasaur25 11-21-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncasolo (Post 55071138)
I got one of the TVs in question on Sunday at Sams club. I'm very happy with it. I need a couple of tweaks to the calibration yet, but for the most part it looks great. My choices of TVs this year were
46" Samsungs
46" LGs
60" Vizio

Those are the TV's that are in my price range and meet the criteria I was looking for (LED/Smart TV). I don't know about all the haters in this thread but I don't see any other 60" LED Smart TV's available for less than $1200. I don't even see any 55" smart LEDs in this price range. Even the Samsung 55" for $800 is the cheap samsung panel that gets worse reviews than this Vizio.

yes I saved $300 on the Vizio, but realistically the regular price on the TV should probably be closer to $1500 than $1000. I feel more like I saved $800.

I think one of the posts on here about this TV posted a list of the best settings they found. I'll post the link later if I come across it

halliwellfamily 11-21-2012 08:21 PM

Small town here but the only walmart for miles. We plan to be there right at 8. If we get it great...if not then no big deal. Went last year at 10:30 am for smaller stuff and didn't have a problem getting any of it.

Jbrizzel 11-21-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurasaur25 (Post 55072200)
I think one of the posts on here about this TV posted a list of the best settings they found. I'll post the link later if I come across it

OstrichSak:

For those that got in on this, you're going to need to calibrate it. Luckily I found optimal settings online to save you the effort. I entered these on both of mine and can confirm these look pretty darn good to me. Excellent picture so far on these.

Here's the settings:

---Picture settings menu---
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 53
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 75
Color: 54
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

---Size & Position submenu---
[no change]

---Color Temperature submenu---
Colour temperature: Normal
Red Gain: 104
Green Gain: 115
Blue gain: 130
Red offset: 129
Green offset: 130
Blue offset: 132

--Advanced Picture submenu---
Smooth motion effect: Off
Real Cinema Mode: Smooth [grayed out]
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG NR: Off
Color Enhancement: Off
Adaptive Luma: Off
Film Mode: Auto
Backlight Control: Off
Ambient Light sensor: Off

mfer 11-21-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurasaur25 (Post 55007278)
I'm keeping an eye on Amazon too but I'm not very hopeful since everything is selling out so quickly. So what time are you planning on getting in line at Walmart? I've gone for tv's at this store before and only had to be there about an hour early but this one seems incredibly popular. I was thinking 4:00p Thursday but am curious what others are thinking.

I called the store and she said they only have 3 in stock (!). We're a fairly large town (Canton, OH) so I'm hoping she's incorrect....

NEVER will I stand in line at a Walmart..

Loan_Crusader 11-21-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmoreta (Post 55071486)
One of my local BBs already had 5 people camping tonight. At least one was just for the 40". If they're willing to miss Turkey Day for a 40" I shudder to think what our WMs will be looking like. Heading over Thursday afternoon probably won't cut it and I won't miss family time, so oh well.

rednecks

k_sun_kool 11-22-2012 12:07 AM

why are ppl saying they will take a chance with amazon? is this going on sale on amazon?? i searched the site didnt find any info on it

ndsports316 11-22-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_sun_kool (Post 55086230)
why are ppl saying they will take a chance with amazon? is this going on sale on amazon?? i searched the site didnt find any info on it

Yea I believe Amazon will be selling this as well. But get your ducks in a row. Word is they are only selling 22-30 tvs nationwide. They will sell out in 2 minutes.

Thankfully I got mine at $698 last week. So im good!!

dbovill 11-22-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndsports316 (Post 55087060)
Yea I believe Amazon will be selling this as well. But get your ducks in a row. Word is they are only selling 22-30 tvs nationwide. They will sell out in 2 minutes.

Thankfully I got mine at $698 last week. So im good!!

Where did you hear 22-30 nationwide?

MinardiLaw 11-22-2012 12:42 AM

And what did you get for 698?

TheNeck 11-22-2012 02:32 AM

sorry wrong thread :(

xlcjw72 11-22-2012 02:42 AM

i work in a small walmart they have like 18 of those vizios...

chrisp.bacon 11-22-2012 02:48 AM

Umm guys you don't have to miss thanksgiving amazon goldbox just showed the same tv.
From Amazon:
Deal starts at
5:29 PM PST in 15h 41m 58s

JohnR1272 11-22-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisp.bacon (Post 55094992)
Umm guys you don't have to miss thanksgiving amazon goldbox just showed the same tv.
From Amazon:
Deal starts at

will sell out in seconds. only people who have auto refresh and scripts that automatically click the buy button will have a sliver of a chance.

beundertaker 11-22-2012 03:39 AM

Don't tell me you haven't lined up OP...what's a matter, afraid the stuffing is going to run out by the time you get back to ma?

-posted from my droid Razorcake

J3ff 11-22-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR1272 (Post 55095158)
will sell out in seconds. only people who have auto refresh and scripts that automatically click the buy button will have a sliver of a chance.

No, that's bs. I got a ton of lightning deals last year and I've got neither one.

Ridewithme38 11-22-2012 05:11 AM

Any tips on where to find a script that auto clicks buy? AutoRefresh is easy...But the auto buy thing i've NEVER seen

Just to stay on topic of the thread....Since this goes live on Amazon at 5:29....I will be at walmart at 5:45 if i don't get the Amazon deal...I really need a TV

J3ff 11-22-2012 05:39 AM

There is no auto buy - you just have to click the thing and hope your connection to their servers is good.

bigalpoulos 11-22-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisp.bacon (Post 55094992)
From Amazon:
Deal starts at

That is for a 3d tv not the 60 inch vizio.

Ridewithme38 11-22-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalpoulos (Post 55100130)
That is for a 3d tv not the 60 inch vizio.

Why lie? we are all members of a community here looking for the same thing...If we don't work together to get the best deals possible, we won't have anything...And acting shady so that you have an advantage over others isn't the best way to keep the community spirit of this forum going

Quote:

Upcoming Deal
Vizio E601-A3 60-Inch Smart TV
Deal starts at
5:30 PM PST in

bigalpoulos 11-22-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 (Post 55100640)
Why lie? we are all members of a community here looking for the same thing...If we don't work together to get the best deals possible, we won't have anything...And acting shady so that you have an advantage over others isn't the best way to keep the community spirit of this forum going

Why would I lie. I skipped right over it not seeing it. There is a 3D vizio being offered later in the day.. didn't see that one.

whiteguy492 11-22-2012 07:54 AM

No having to wait in line for me! I was able to grab it online! I might have paid tax but I needed it shipped because I don't have a vehicle large enough to carry it. But it was free shipping anyways.

wormraper 11-22-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteguy492 (Post 55104636)
No having to wait in line for me! I was able to grab it online! I might have paid tax but I needed it shipped because I don't have a vehicle large enough to carry it. But it was free shipping anyways.

lol, I drive a motorcycle so I'm hoping to get in one the amazon deal tonight (slim chance but hey might as well try.)

J3ff 11-22-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55104752)
lol, I drive a motorcycle so I'm hoping to get in one the amazon deal tonight (slim chance but hey might as well try.)

It was just online 5 mins ago

whiteguy492 11-22-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55104752)

I checked early this morning on Walmarts site and they were sold out online. But I checked again a few minutes ago and it was there so I was able to grab one. Now of course they are OOS online. I'd probably check it periodically for one to come back live.

wormraper 11-22-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J3ff (Post 55104792)
It was just online 5 mins ago

yeah, but they're out of stock. amazon with prime next day delivery or picking one up at costco (love their return/warranty policies).

Thisguy68 11-22-2012 08:26 AM

Funniest thread ever.

Suzook1 11-22-2012 08:28 AM

no line for me :)

plato9988 11-22-2012 08:51 AM

You might want to keep checking. I just got it after refreshing my browser several (hundred) times. Also, don't use a VISA card. I had to use my MC.

blackie615 11-22-2012 09:01 AM

Confirmed at 8:00A PST that the Vizio 60" is online.

Edit: OOS online.

blackholez 11-22-2012 09:02 AM

Yup ordered online just now.

tjara03 11-22-2012 09:03 AM

I ordered mine earlier this morning... Any chance any of these get canceled? Has anyone ever had a tv shipped from walmart before - how does it work?

desiyankee 11-22-2012 09:03 AM

This is available right now on walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/pr...ynSeamY#rr

Also available on Amazon.com at 5.28 PM PST

bendever 11-22-2012 09:03 AM

just order one too. 11:03 est.

Niktori 11-22-2012 09:04 AM

I just got it online from WalMart. $737.88 after tax and free shipping. Showed up the first time I loaded the page. Amazon charges tax in my state so this was a nice surprise and I can now relax for the rest of the day. Good luck to all looking to get this tv.

venkol 11-22-2012 09:10 AM

damn, wouldn't accept my AMEX and by the time I tried with a MC it had sold out again. damn damn damn.

slicklyn 11-22-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkol (Post 55109342)
damn, wouldn't accept my AMEX and by the time I tried with a MC it had sold out again. damn damn damn.

For some reason my Visa that has worked at walmart.com for a decade and was already stored on their website kept being declined also. I finally gave in and used paypal with success.
Totally didn't expect to see the Vizio when I casually followed the Walmart email that some deals were starting early. Got there and it said OOS online, checked ship to store and lucky to get one. Expected store delivery is Dec 2-6.

duweenie 11-22-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkol (Post 55109342)

again? when did it go live before???

laurasaur25 11-22-2012 09:16 AM

does it go out of stock once you add it to your cart or are you good as long as it's there? I have to apply for a credit card if I'm getting it and don't want to chance getting a credit card and not getting the tv so would rather do it once it's in my cart

slicklyn 11-22-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duweenie (Post 55109646)
again? when did it go live before???

Bought mine at 11:01 am EST

duweenie 11-22-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicklyn (Post 55109832)
Bought mine at 11:01 am EST

that was just 23 minutes ago when everyone else said they got theirs... so this is a done deal then?

propizza 11-22-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duweenie (Post 55110134)
that was just 23 minutes ago when everyone else said they got theirs... so this is a done deal then?

Looks done, put a fork in it

laurasaur25 11-22-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duweenie (Post 55110134)

it went out of stock once before today eariler this morning and came back at 11:00 so hopefully it wil be up again. I wasn't watching online since they were so adament that it was in store only so of course I missed it both times

duweenie 11-22-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurasaur25 (Post 55110508)
it went out of stock once before today eariler this morning and came back at 11:00 so hopefully it wil be up again. I wasn't watching online since they were so adament that it was in store only so of course I missed it both times

Thanks for the info! Not sure if i want to wait around walmart site when amazon has a designated time for this deal... This uncertainty is killing me!

Alkaiserred 11-22-2012 10:20 AM

It went back in stock but wont proceed to checkout once i have it in my cart - called walmart to try and get them to price match before 10pm and got shut down - this sucks.

blackie615 11-22-2012 10:20 AM

It was back online at 9:16A and I was able to get it. I missed the one at around 8:00A (PST).

This time around created a Walmart account and had info filled out

nemeziz 11-22-2012 10:20 AM

Just ordered this at walmart.com for the BF price at 12:20EST. No lines for me!

Hurry folks!

UnknownUser 11-22-2012 10:24 AM

Just ordered one at 12:20 PM EST...Used Discover...

Alkaiserred 11-22-2012 10:26 AM

Tried ordering at 12:20pm est but the thing wouldnt move passed the cart screen =/

kevdon15 11-22-2012 10:28 AM

Thank you Slick Deals! Just got it after constant refreshing.

Alphonze88 11-22-2012 10:33 AM

Can you guys link exactly what page you're watching for the Vizio at Walmart.com? I've been refreshing the page for it for the past hour and never seen it go back in stock like others have. Says $688.00 and out of stock online.

Lyrical Menace 11-22-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonze88 (Post 55113658)
Can you guys link exactly what page you're watching for the Vizio at Walmart.com? I've been refreshing the page for it for the past hour and never seen it go back in stock like others have. Says $688.00 and out of stock online.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-6...3/21311919

When it is in stock it will show up to add to cart. Be extremely quick or you lose. I suggest adding your payment to your account so it will be ready to go.

mahicks56 11-22-2012 10:40 AM

I got an order in at 12:23. I had to use Paypal because of Walmart's CC fraud protection kicking in.

laurasaur25 11-22-2012 10:44 AM

i went ahead and applied for a credit card and it said that it would let me know by mail in 7-10 days. From what I understood it was instant. Should I take this as being denied or is it really going to take that long to find out? If that's the case it's BS because most places are instant online and I won't even be able to go wait in line at walmart

sdtacos250 11-22-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurasaur25 (Post 55114440)
i went ahead and applied for a credit card and it said that it would let me know by mail in 7-10 days. From what I understood it was instant. Should I take this as being denied or is it really going to take that long to find out? If that's the case it's BS because most places are instant online and I won't even be able to go wait in line at walmart

go get in line at walmart NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Alkaiserred 11-22-2012 11:07 AM

Wow dude - They were back in stock again and the same exact thing happened as last time. I can not get through from the cart to the order screen - Any tips? Is there a way to bypass the cart and just go straight through checkout with what I have in cart?

Stonerbud 11-22-2012 11:11 AM

Finally got lucky and got this TV. Even though I was already logged in, it asked me to log in again. All I can say is keep trying!

Alkaiserred 11-22-2012 11:16 AM

Congrats. I'm gonna keep pluggin away..

Stonerbud 11-22-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkaiserred (Post 55116650)
Congrats. I'm gonna keep pluggin away..

Thank you, and good luck!

ncasolo 11-22-2012 11:18 AM

I have one in my cart. Should I reset and wait for it to be available again or just keep trying to proceed to checkout hoping they come back in stock?

blackie615 11-22-2012 11:26 AM

What are the chances that Walmart has "oversold" the tv and will refund back to some customers?

Stonerbud 11-22-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackie615 (Post 55117290)
What are the chances that Walmart has "oversold" the tv and will refund back to some customers?

Its always a possibility, but I assumed that's why they sell them in short lots at different times to avoid over selling an item.

tribefan2012 11-22-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncasolo (Post 55116784)
I have one in my cart. Should I reset and wait for it to be available again or just keep trying to proceed to checkout hoping they come back in stock?

Leave it in the cart and just refresh, that is how it worked for me.

jrntr 11-22-2012 11:35 AM

I ordered one of these when they first went up this morning, about 9:50. I just received an email stating that its on backorder. It says they expect to have these items back in stock and available to ship soon, but who knows.

astundzia 11-22-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Yea, you were denied / need further review. You might be able to call and get the process rushed along.

NickC 11-22-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

I applied for their credit card last week, and it said I'd hear from them by mail in 7-10 days too, but it also gave me a temporary online number to use... check the 'payment methods' section of your account to see if you have one.

I also just got back from scoping out my local Walmart to see where the tv would be and whatnot, and there was no one waiting in line for anything yet... will probably head back at around 4ish.

mlevtzow 11-22-2012 12:07 PM

has it been confirmed when the 60" from walmart will go back in stock

Alkaiserred 11-22-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevtzow (Post 55119526)
has it been confirmed when the 60" from walmart will go back in stock

No, I've been refreshing for the last hour. Nothing.

JohnR1272 11-22-2012 12:15 PM

Look for a browser extension that auto refreshes. I don't know if they are OOS for good but hope it helps.

ecnica 11-22-2012 12:21 PM

Bought it online about 4 hours ago, got even 5% discount through shop discover so 1 less item to deal with tonight.

mlevtzow 11-22-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecnica (Post 55120384)
Bought it online about 4 hours ago, got even 5% discount through shop discover so 1 less item to deal with tonight.

was it ever announced

gamester990 11-22-2012 12:46 PM

rumor has it a lot of people are getting emails from Walmart regarding the 60" Vizio saying it is back ordered and if they cannot fill it within 10 days it will automatically be cancelled.

Good luck with that gamble.

Ivelweyz 11-22-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamester990 (Post 55121678)
rumor has it a lot of people are getting emails from Walmart regarding the 60" Vizio saying it is back ordered and if they cannot fill it within 10 days it will automatically be cancelled.

I read one guy mention he got a backordered email, nothing about 10 day cancellation, out of how many that have ordered?
But I hope people believe you, better chances for you to snag one.

ecnica 11-22-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevtzow (Post 55121486)
was it ever announced

Don't know, I had the page up with C4C in Firefox, ordered it as soon as it showed up, took a couple of extra minutes since I used the Discover cash back site for the extra 5% off but I eventually got it, it was live for a few minutes after I placed my ordered and there was a 2nd round around 11am CT. If I get it good if I don't oh well, din't feel like standing in line at wally since they only were going to have 20 at my store.

chapel34 11-22-2012 01:33 PM

I wonder if this will make lines less at the walmarts now

Stonerbud 11-22-2012 01:39 PM

Its been over 2 hours and I have yet to receive a backordered email, will post back if I do receive one.

whiteguy492 11-22-2012 02:18 PM

I placed my order at 8:42am CST and haven't received any email about a back order. Nor have I received a shipment email either, just the order confirmation.

laurasaur25 11-22-2012 02:21 PM

Well I got to Walmart and am first in line. I have a feeling the online sale affected how many people came to the store because I called this week and they said people were talking about lining up as early as 1. I figured 4 was absolute earliest and there'd be 50 people in line ahead of me. Sucks to wait in line but at least ill have it tonight

JohnR1272 11-22-2012 02:27 PM

Just letting you know if you live near New Orleans or are in Jefferson Parish, the Walmart Supercenter in Harahan has thirty six of the 60" vizios in stock, nobody in line yet as of 3pm CST

Call your local walmart and ask for a mangaer and find out how many are in stock and plan accordingly.

ecnica 11-22-2012 02:47 PM

Just got back from my local wally in Frisco Texas and they were about 3 people in line for the Vizio, people looking for the line for the PS3 bundle and another line that I don't know what it was for, they were putting the small stuff out already, seen at least 1 pallet full of the 32" Emerson being brought out from the warehouse.

SirStev0 11-22-2012 02:48 PM

What time does the Walmart B&M deal go live? The pamphlet seems to indicate that it goes live at 10 pm EST or is it 8 pm EST??

tjara03 11-22-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirStev0 (Post 55126860)
What time does the Walmart B&M deal go live? The pamphlet seems to indicate that it goes live at 10 pm EST or is it 8 pm EST??

It will be 10pm local time wherever you are...

BoarderPH 11-22-2012 03:07 PM

Just got here in saline mi and im number 6 in line.

Serpephone 11-22-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoarderPH (Post 55127622)

Second in line N Dallas

BoarderPH 11-22-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoarderPH (Post 55127622)

Still only like 15 here. Employees confirmed 28 tvs on hand.

Dave4086 11-22-2012 04:26 PM

12 people here in murfreesboro TN, they said 19 TV's in stock. Should be all claimed within the hour.

ZacHolley 11-22-2012 04:28 PM

I'm showing the vizio 60 inch for 900+ where is this 600$ deal

I only see the 60in vizio for over 900$ where is the Walmart for 600???

venkol 11-22-2012 04:39 PM

8th in Line for 33 TVs in Alexandria VA (Richmond Highway store)

cfpanther 11-22-2012 04:42 PM

Are you all taking something to sit on? Sitting on the floor? Are the Wal-Mart employees managing the lines well?

tjara03 11-22-2012 04:42 PM

FYI, for those who got the deal online this morning... I ordered mine around 7:45 MST and it has updated to show that it was shipped via FedEx w/ tracking...

NickC 11-22-2012 04:45 PM

They have 40 of them here in Palmetto, FL... probably could have waited an extra hour before getting here and still gotten one, but hopefully I'll be able to get out of here somewhat quickly.

BoarderPH 11-22-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfpanther (Post 55131766)
Are you all taking something to sit on? Sitting on the floor? Are the Wal-Mart employees managing the lines well?

We got chairs and a folding table from sporting goods. Brought in our uno deck from the car and played a few games. Plenty of walmart people around and the stores is just really starting to fill in now.

Anybody have anything bad to say about the $39.99 bluray player? Just need a simple one to replace my defunct hd dvd. Lol

ecnica 11-22-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjara03 (Post 55131774)
FYI, for those who got the deal online this morning... I ordered mine around 7:45 MST and it has updated to show that it was shipped via FedEx w/ tracking...

Just checked and it also shows shipped for me, scheduled delivery via fed ex on 11/26.

KevinS281 11-22-2012 06:46 PM

In line #20 of 25 TVs at the store in Georgetown, TX. The last 5 spots filled up about 15 minutes after I got in line at 7:15.

Line all over the store for random things on pallets covered with cardboard. Lines are sectioned off for the big items down different isles. Employee keeping track of who is in line. Better than expected organization.

Jaebird 11-22-2012 07:25 PM

Roseburg, OR Walmart is open and PACKED! TV's are in the food and gardening departments wrapped in plastic. They will be opening them at 10 pm PST. Its going to be a mess.

laurasaur25 11-22-2012 07:39 PM

Our Walmart isn't allowing chairs which is pretty BS but other than that they've been good

whiteguy492 11-22-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

I placed my order at 8:42 CST and haven't received a shipping email yet. I believe I got in early enough to not receive the "backordered" email.

vc318 11-22-2012 07:54 PM

Hallandale,Fl Walmart store had 56 Vizio Tvs and were sold out of them as of 6 pm. Crazy .

cmpe 11-22-2012 07:57 PM

Are the Vizio's part of "Event 2" (10pm tonight) or "Event 3" (5am tomorrow) ?

Ivelweyz 11-22-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestle (Post 55141894)
Are the Vizio's part of "Event 2" (10pm tonight) or "Event 3" (5am tomorrow) ?

Event 2.

AcidBath 11-22-2012 09:53 PM

Just to recap.. arrived at 4:25 PM, we were the 2nd people. They had 60 TV's. They did not sell out until 8:15pm or so.
So we were there WAY earlier than necessary, but we got the TV, so all is good.
No trouble bringing in folding chairs. There was signs posted about lines starting at 6pm, but we did not get harassed for putting up chairs at 4:30pm. The people who arrived at 2:30 got yelled at though.

Oh, this was the Central Ave store in Toledo Ohio.

arls544 11-22-2012 09:55 PM

They were sold out at the Glenmont, NY store at 21:45 EST before I even go to the line....
Should have gone to wait in line hours before hand but family dinner was worth more than 300$ off some dumb tv!
I had an awesome turkey dinner and a great night, even though I wasted 20 minutes of my life to find out I couldn't buy the stupid Visio.
Cheers :thumbsup:

wormraper 11-22-2012 09:59 PM

went at 8:00 and they had a line 70+ people deep, they only had 35 Vizio's as well. not even remotely worth waiting for that shit. this whole bf has been a bust

inmyveganopinion 11-22-2012 10:37 PM

my walmart in east valley arizona had only 25 tvs and had way more people than that in line at 4:00

tolan 11-22-2012 11:09 PM

had gut feeling so drove over to my wallmart. in jax fl we have about 10 wallmarts if not more.

got there at 7 pm was 15th in line. they had 35, man in front of me had his wife with him she got extra ticket for me scored two of them. :D

Endlessknight 11-23-2012 12:58 AM

Found the line around 8:30pm but was told there were only 24 TV and already 24 people in line. YOu win some you lose some.

sraven 11-23-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tolan (Post 55153376)
had gut feeling so drove over to my wallmart. in jax fl we have about 10 wallmarts if not more.

got there at 7 pm was 15th in line. they had 35, man in front of me had his wife with him she got extra ticket for me scored two of them. :D

Lucky you! Seems like that was worth waiting for...

jbreality 11-23-2012 01:38 AM

Mine was pretty calm, they had 18 TV's. But the line didn't completely fill up to till like 9:15 if not 9:30. A couple people came and went. I got there at 8:20ish and was 11th or so. Most people were there the 32 inch or one of the cheap 40's. Being the most expensive on sale TV at walmart seemed to decrease demand.

cortay 11-23-2012 05:41 AM

If anyone has an extra 60" Vizio and you live near Northwest Indiana, lmk. Pm me.

N00dl3s 11-23-2012 05:56 AM

5 or 6 left in store in orange ct.. just got back home

rr423 11-23-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N00dl3s (Post 55170156)
5 or 6 left in store in orange ct.. just got back home

im thinking about going to a less populated walmart about 30 mins away just to check.

BeckyboBecky 11-23-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamester990 (Post 55121678)

Quote:

I didn't get in on the 1st order b/c of verified by visa, but got in on the 10:50am one yesterday using PayPal and got ship confirmation this morning.

cmalinowski 11-23-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbreality (Post 55162880)
Mine was pretty calm, they had 18 TV's. But the line didn't completely fill up to till like 9:15 if not 9:30. A couple people came and went. I got there at 8:20ish and was 11th or so. Most people were there the 32 inch or one of the cheap 40's. Being the most expensive on sale TV at walmart seemed to decrease demand.

Pretty much the same here. We arrived at a little before 8pm, but could have gotten there at 9pm and still had one. Ellicott City, MD store had 45 of them. Line was orderly and people were nice. If you ventured outside of the line, which was down one of the drink isles in the food section, it was pandemonium.

The only hitch was that you got the ticket, took it to the register to pay for it, and then drive your vehicle to lawn and garden to pick it up. What was the hitch? Nobody in Lawn and Garden, or anywhere else for that matter, was made aware of the pick-up portion of the process. It was mildly entertaining, but mostly because we were 23rd in line to get the ticket, but my wife paid while I went and got the truck, so we were first in the line to load them into the vehicles... which took about 1/2hr for walmart employees to figure out :)

Successful none the less. It was good to sit in a line for a deal. Hadn't done it in probably five or six years at least.

devilrebel 11-25-2012 11:05 PM

Got mine home, plugged it in, did the set up, surfed Amazon instant for a minute... all the sudden the picture goes all funky green vertical lines and then it just powers off. Not able to restart it. DAMNIT! Sounds like the power supply box crapped out. Hopefully this is a fluke.