Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ING Bank Black Friday Sale: Checking $125 / ShareBuilder $125 (http://slickdeals.net/e/5558054-ing-bank-black-friday-sale-checking-125-sharebuilder-125)

WP_Steve 11-22-2012 09:06 PM

ING Bank Black Friday Sale: Checking $125 / ShareBuilder $125

2 Attachment(s)
ING Direct just announced new, higher, signing bonuses for anyone looking to open a new account today. Normally the signing bonus is only $50.

Checking : $125 Bonus

How it works
Open Electric Orange November 23rd - 25th and make a total of 10 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or CheckMateSM deposits (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
Your $125 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 50

ShareBuilder: $125 Bonus
Joint or Custodial account between November 23rd and 26th and make 2 real-time trades in the new account by December 31st.

And a few others...

https://home.ingdirect.com/blackfriday

wikipost 11-22-2012 09:06 PM

Warning about Referral Bonus

WARNING: Don't open an account to take advantage of the $100 Referral Bonus - Referrals can only be made by EXISTING CUSTOMERS with accounts open >30 days!

I opened the checking account and was going to refer my girlfriend and my dad to get the extra $100 bonus. Logging in and going to the refer a friend link there was a note that said they needed additional info and to call. After 3 calls to the INGDirect account security team, and being told that the feature would now work it still did not. I called back and was told that "New accounts cannot refer a friend for the first 30 days and there is no way to take advantage of the $100 bonus this weekend if you have a new account... Sorry!"

Use "SK483GXM2BU9" in the promo code section of your account in Sharebuilder to get " Your 5 Automatic Investment Plan trade credits have been credited to your account as part of the Gift of Stock!"

"The $125 bonus will post in your newly opened account within 4-6 weeks of your second trade. The $125 bonus is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account." (That's for ShareBuilder, not sure about Checking.)

--------------------
Note- ING direct does hard credit check for orange checking accounts. I opened account 3 months back and my mistake, didnt check the fine print. I feel sad about having had a hard pull of my credit building efforts. Hard pull may be worth for 150$, but not for folks like me working hard to build. Hope someone benefits from this.

WP_Steve 11-22-2012 09:13 PM

Good Through:

Friday, November 23rd, 12:01 AM ET - Sunday, November 25th, 11:59 PM ET

rebelx 11-22-2012 09:19 PM

Sharebuilder seems really easy:

no minimums, make two trades? Just buy dollar stocks? Each trade is $10, so spend $20 to get $125.

The checking requires a hard pull, if i'm correct. Not worth it for $125, I think.

enronguy218 11-22-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelx (Post 55149828)

no minimums, make two trades? Just buy dollar stocks? Each trade is $10, so spend $20 to get $125.

The checking requires a hard pull, if i'm correct. Not worth it for $125, I think.

Both are easy. Just take your debit card with you to buy coffee at 7-11 or something of the sort... $2 x 10 charges = $20

WP_Steve 11-22-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

It does require a hardpull, but if it could be worth it if you've been on the fence about online only banking or you need a new broker. It's not worth it to just profit $125 and close account in six months.

Could always open both at the same time, I wonder if they do two hardpulls?

sisasa 11-22-2012 09:32 PM

Looks like we can withdraw cash from ATM in Quickcheck, CVS or Walgreens...that interest me to open a account..

akirium 11-22-2012 09:34 PM

The way check deposits work are stupid.
Checks under $500 you get $200 right away and the rest in 2 business days, and checks over $500 you get $200 right away and the rest in FIVE business days? LMAO

WP_Steve 11-22-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akirium (Post 55151010)
Checks under $500 you get $200 right away and the rest in 2 business days, and checks over $500 you get $200 right away and the rest in FIVE business days? LMAO

They often post quicker than five days.

mursemichaelstanley 11-22-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WP_Steve (Post 55150128)
It does require a hardpull, but if it could be worth it if you've been on the fence about online only banking or you need a new broker. It's not worth it to just profit $125 and close account in six months.

How do you guys know that they do hard pulls for a checking account? And why??

catnapped 11-22-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspitts (Post 55157742)
How do you guys know that they do hard pulls for a checking account? And why??

Overdraft...they're extending you credit.

Kistia 11-22-2012 11:34 PM

From past deals I remember the hard pull being correct. Not a big deal in my opinion but it depends on your credit score. Generally it should only drop your score 5-10 points for a couple months.

hunnybunny1012 11-23-2012 12:18 AM

Is this 1 child per account holder for sharebuilder?? Does anyone know? Can't find the terms of this anywhere and I just loaded 20 in 2 accounts...

hunnybunny1012 11-23-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

What stock would you recommend? I don't really know about this stuff... :eek:

icefresh 11-23-2012 12:21 AM

Does the ShareBuilder result in a hard-pull?

rebelx 11-23-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kistia (Post 55158030)
From past deals I remember the hard pull being correct. Not a big deal in my opinion but it depends on your credit score. Generally it should only drop your score 5-10 points for a couple months.

For someone in my range (765-775), dropping a few point isn't a big deal, even with the five credit cards I've opened up this year for bonuses.

What I really don't like is the fact that they automatically extend to your overdraft protection. I don't need it. I don't want it. Why are they forcing it on me and then doing a required credit check? Not cool.

tearex 11-23-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

No hardpull if you decline getting overdraft. I always know how much money I have anyways, so I rather have them decline me than use overdraft and charge me interest. I prefer credit card over debit anyways. Debit card always stays at home.

I'm not a huge fan of ShareBuilder... not enough options. Does not involve credit pull - why would it?

poohbie 11-23-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Why wouldn't it be worth it for a hard pull? A hard pull would only affect you if you're trying to acquire a loan within a certain amount of time after the hard pull, right?

poohbie 11-23-2012 12:50 AM

How long ago from when you closed your account to when you're considered a new customer for this promo? Most banks define it, but I'm not seeing any terms and conditions for this offer.

seeker1321 11-23-2012 12:54 AM

I'm considering opening one of these to use for Paypal and the Square credit card swiper. That way they don't have access to main my bank account. (since my bank decided to start charging me for the secondary account I used to use for these purposes.)

inm8num2 11-23-2012 12:56 AM

Why oh why does ING do a hard pull for checking?

I'm an existing savings customer. Wish I could get around the hard pull somehow. Not sure if risking my credit is worth it, even if my credit score is pretty solid.

jyjjy777 11-23-2012 01:19 AM

I'm trying to apply because I recently closed my previous checking account because I didn't like the fees. Now they want an initial deposit from my current checking account with seemingly no other option. Is there no way to apply if you do not currently have a checking account? Seems kinda ridiculous that you must have a checking account to get one.

icefresh 11-23-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icefresh (Post 55161926)

Googled this for a bit. ShareBuilder does a soft-pull, so it doesn't affect your credit score.

imjustme 11-23-2012 01:31 AM

Was waiting for their deal to go live again to see just what they were offering this year and the same ole thing and actually a little less than in prior years for the child accounts.

peppermint 11-23-2012 01:33 AM

they are too paranoid.. everytime I have to add an extrnal account, they make me call them up and go through the whole verification process.. I got sick of them and moved my money to Ally. Barclays is also better than these,

MeatCatalog 11-23-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnapped (Post 55157968)
Overdraft...they're extending you credit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kistia (Post 55158030)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelx (Post 55161932)
For someone in my range (765-775), dropping a few point isn't a big deal, even with the five credit cards I've opened up this year for bonuses.

What I really don't like is the fact that they automatically extend to your overdraft protection. I don't need it. I don't want it. Why are they forcing it on me and then doing a required credit check? Not cool.

Checking accounts hard pulls are required by the patriot act.

This has nothing to do with them "extending you credit."

rebelx 11-23-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatCatalog (Post 55165688)
Checking accounts hard pulls are required by the patriot act.

This has nothing to do with them "extending you credit."

No, the Patriot Act requires that they have your SSN and personally identifying information on hand and verified (as to discourage money laundering and the like by terrorists).

A generic checking account should only require a ChexSystems pull which does not adversely affect your credit report. This is commonly referred to as a "soft pull."

Source: I previously worked at a financial institution that did not do hard pulls for checking or savings accounts.

Neon22 11-23-2012 02:01 AM

what was ING's deal last year?

micro 11-23-2012 02:01 AM

So is there a way to decline overdraft? And if so, does that really stop them from doing a hard pull? Thx!!

SirLinux 11-23-2012 05:06 AM

I recall this deal 2 years ago that if you opened accounts for kids and put in some money ING would also deposit $50 into each. I opened one for each of my 3 kids on the last day but I never got the $50 from ING.
I didn't notice they hadn't done it until a few months later so I guess my fault. Always follow up, I guess.

Averwind 11-23-2012 05:13 AM

Says only for new checking account. I guess that means if you have closed your account a while ago you wouldnt qualify?

SDRebel 11-23-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icefresh (Post 55161926)

i dont think sharebuilder needs a hardpull unless you get into options trading and other stuff you dont want to get into

vogol 11-23-2012 05:37 AM

so if i decline overdraft, there's only soft pull, right? then how do i decline?
also, i closed my a/c 3/4 years ago; can i get the goodies as a new member, or what?
tia

deringer 11-23-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WP_Steve (Post 55148674)
ShareBuilder: $125 Bonus
Joint or Custodial account between November 23rd and 26th and make 2 real-time trades in the new account by December 31st.

And a few others...

https://home.ingdirect.com/blackfriday

Note that it says:

"Just open a new ShareBuilder Individual, Joint or Custodial account between November 23rd and 26th and make 2 real-time trades in the new account by December 31st."

So it doesn't have to be an account for your kids or a joint account. Anyone can take advantage of this deal.

I'm going to take advantage of this and open a new Joint Account with my wife, do the 2 purchases and then transfer all the stock in my Individual Account into the Joint Account that I have been meaning to do for a while anyways.

Love it when Sharebuilder pays me to tidy up my beneficiary planning :D

Also, I did the $50 one last year in my daughter's Custodial account and received the credit promptly.

TU OP!

rockdevourer 11-23-2012 06:54 AM

Anyone use these guys as their primary bank? I have a small credit union, but they're getting to be fairly annoying. How is it for DD? The only thing keeping my at my current one is my Direct Deposit gets posted a day early which is nice.

Microtubule 11-23-2012 07:12 AM

Did this years ago, probably going to try my luck again this year too. Thanks OP.

gabemcg 11-23-2012 07:31 AM

Does the sharebuilder bonus apply to new Roth IRA accounts?

EDIT--- I tried and got this error "The Promotion Code you entered is not intended for Traditional IRA accounts."

transam7816 11-23-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabemcg (Post 55176064)
Does the sharebuilder bonus apply to new Roth IRA accounts?

EDIT--- I tried and got this error "The Promotion Code you entered is not intended for Traditional IRA accounts."

Thanks for the info

"We know there's no avoiding the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping. But as Capital One 360 (our new name come February), we'll still have the same commitment to helping you save your money, even when you're spending it."

AndroAsc 11-23-2012 07:39 AM

If I closed my checking account 6mth ago, am I considered a "new" customer to qualify for their bonus?

Has anyone managed to sign up successfully and is not a new customer (had old account but close it months ago)

s0me0nesmind1 11-23-2012 07:47 AM

Anyone have experience with ShareBuilder? Mind telling a story about how personal stock investments work? End up working out good for you or bad? Opinions wanted :)

anothauserhere 11-23-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

The checking requires a hard pull, if i'm correct.

Yes it does. Should be noted in OP or wiki but most checking accounts do this as well.

alMac 11-23-2012 08:05 AM

Does it require us to do BUY/SELL combination twice or does buying and then selling a stock consider as two seperate transcations?

Can any one tell?

altoz 11-23-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alMac (Post 55177716)
Does it require us to do BUY/SELL combination twice or does buying and then selling a stock consider as two seperate transcations?

Can any one tell?

Each counts as one. So yes, buy something, sell something, you get the promo. Also there are stackable promo codes around if you search "sharebuilder coupon". You can add them after you open the account and get free trades.

alMac 11-23-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altoz (Post 55178468)
Each counts as one. So yes, buy something, sell something, you get the promo. Also there are stackable promo codes around if you search "sharebuilder coupon". You can add them after you open the account and get free trades.

Thanks and repped for the info.

After the account openned, where can the promo code be entered? Looking in the account settings but cannot find a place to enter the promo code. Thnx agian...

mrsaturnboing 11-23-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altoz (Post 55178468)

Use "SK483GXM2BU9" in the promo code section of your account in Sharebuilder to get 5 free trades.

Xx_Westin_xX 11-23-2012 08:40 AM

Can you refer friends and they get the Black Friday opening bonus?

transam7816 11-23-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deploypenguins (Post 55179216)
Use "SK483GXM2BU9" in the promo code section of your account in Sharebuilder to get 5 free trades.

Do you think once ING becomes Capital One, the coupons for free trades and such will cease to exist?

gabemcg 11-23-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx_Westin_xX (Post 55179468)
Can you refer friends and they get the Black Friday opening bonus?

NO! Your account must be opened for >30 days to refer a friend! I called and they told me tough luck. Details in WIKI.

alMac 11-23-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Found it. Thnks/repped.

tommygun8 11-23-2012 08:48 AM

Anybody know if I close my ING orange checking account and Sharebuilder account today, will I be eligible to sign up for the Independence Day Sale(2013) for new accounts to receive bonus? tia

Superorb 11-23-2012 09:02 AM

No way a hard pull is worth $125 when you can easily get $500+ value out of a credit card hard pull. Course, if you don't feel comfortable doing this with a CC there's nothing wrong with getting the $125. I've done it several times.

inm8num2 11-23-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro (Post 55166204)
So is there a way to decline overdraft? And if so, does that really stop them from doing a hard pull? Thx!!

I'd also like to know if it's possible to avoid the hard pull for checking.

Microtubule 11-23-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 55180680)
No way a hard pull is worth $125 when you can easily get $500+ value out of a credit card hard pull. Course, if you don't feel comfortable doing this with a CC there's nothing wrong with getting the $125. I've done it several times.

Why not? If you're not buying a house within the next few months or anything serious then it is my understanding that it shouldn't matter. Free $125 for a few minutes of work, count me in.

MrHalliday 11-23-2012 09:19 AM

I have Checking/Orange so can't get that bonus.
Applied for (another) SB individual.

If the free trade codes work, even better.
(edit: it accepted the code just fine...)

I have five $0 balance Sharebuilder accounts showing,
as well as the one I just created.
This is the trail from years of getting these bonii.

Never been refused a new one,
or denied a bonus due to previous accounts.

They just never take away the old "closed" ones,
even if I ask them to by calling in.

tannersarms 11-23-2012 09:49 AM

Couple quick question re: Sharebuilder

1) The poster above seems to be stating that you just need to create a new Sharebuilder account, not be a new customer to receive the bonus, is this correct? The small print seems to imply this too
2) How do I find the box to enter the five free trades code?

Thanks in advance

MeatCatalog 11-23-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelx (Post 55165820)
No, the Patriot Act requires that they have your SSN and personally identifying information on hand and verified (as to discourage money laundering and the like by terrorists).

A generic checking account should only require a ChexSystems pull which does not adversely affect your credit report. This is commonly referred to as a "soft pull."

Source: I previously worked at a financial institution that did not do hard pulls for checking or savings accounts.

Hmm. Interesting. I'm no expert so reps for you for clearing that up!

hunnybunny1012 11-23-2012 10:10 AM

Can someone please assist me with buying and selling stocks? I have no idea what I'm doing(sadly) ! I will rep! PM me or reply. Please and thank you

alMac 11-23-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 55183138)
Couple quick question re: Sharebuilder

1) The poster above seems to be stating that you just need to create a new Sharebuilder account, not be a new customer to receive the bonus, is this correct? The small print seems to imply this too
2) How do I find the box to enter the five free trades code?

Thanks in advance

I found it under the Overview and then click Profiles and Settings. Then click on the Enter Promotion tab.

Xx_Westin_xX 11-23-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabemcg (Post 55179620)

NO! Your account must be opened for >30 days to refer a friend! I called and they told me tough luck. Details in WIKI.

No I mean my account is a year old. Im wondering if I can refer friends so that I get a bonus

But they can get the black friday bonus through my referral?

jackcn 11-23-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Is it an old code ? I got the following error message. I have only one Sharebuilder's account and did not use this code yet this year.

"The Promotion Code you provided cannot be entered for this account, because this promotion or a related promotion has already been entered for another account belonging to this account holder."

goldenpath 11-23-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyjjy777 (Post 55164834)
I'm trying to apply because I recently closed my previous checking account because I didn't like the fees. Now they want an initial deposit from my current checking account with seemingly no other option. Is there no way to apply if you do not currently have a checking account? Seems kinda ridiculous that you must have a checking account to get one.

I had a Orange checking account that I closed earlier this year, after checked with CSR I'll not be eligible for the $125 bonus even I open a new one.

Apparently once your record is on file with ING, even the account has already been closed, you will no longer be considered a new member and qualifies for the bonus.

lex2000 11-23-2012 11:01 AM

the coupon is for automatic investment, but for the $125 credit, one must do 2 real-time trades, right? so its not covered by the coupon.

mikeyb1987 11-23-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lex2000 (Post 55187140)
the coupon is for automatic investment, but for the $125 credit, one must do 2 real-time trades, right? so its not covered by the coupon.

Yes, I talked to a CSR on chat and she confirmed that it needs to be 2 real time trades, not automatic.

Chat log:

You: Hello. I am looking over the promo for a new sharebuilder account. It says after 2 real-time trades, a promo of $125 will be awarded. Are automatica trades considered real-time trades?
Kara H.: Welcome! No, trades placed through the Automatic Investment Plan would not qualify for this promotion. Only real time trades which are set up on the Trade Tab>Trade Now section would qualify.

jyjjy777 11-23-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenpath (Post 55186348)
I had a Orange checking account that I closed earlier this year, after checked with CSR I'll not be eligible for the $125 bonus even I open a new one.

Apparently once your record is on file with ING, even the account has already been closed, you will no longer be considered a new member and qualifies for the bonus.

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about the same account. Mine was with a different bank.

thcheat 11-23-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akirium (Post 55151010)

You know it takes them at least 1 or 2 days to get the money from originating bank, they only give you $200 coz they have to. Ask your parents how long they had to wait to get a check deposited. It wasn't even long ago when they only gave $100 only. And you're complaining about that?

house kitten 11-23-2012 12:48 PM

I already have an ING and sharebuilder. Does this do anything for me?

tommygun8 11-23-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55184300)
Can someone please assist me with buying and selling stocks? I have no idea what I'm doing(sadly) ! I will rep! PM me or reply. Please and thank you

First of all if someone does this(gives you suggestions) and they are wrong on their suggestions you could lose all your bonus money and more. My suggestion is if you are in it just for the bonus money forget the "free trades" and stick it out in the FDIC insured accounts until you snag the bonus and then close it and repeat. Hope that helps.:nod:

Update on my info: I did not realize you had to make 2 real time trades. So based on that I would buy one share of a cheaply, but liquid(daily volume of over 1 million shares) stock with market order and then sell it with market order once you have confirmed you own the stock. Stick to something widely followed like symbols BAC(Bank of America) or F(Ford Motors) or something similar that does not have a lot of volatility. Hopefully they do not have any other stupid requirements involved.

Fightforit 11-23-2012 03:40 PM

I have a couple of questions..

What's the minimum deposit requirement to get the new checking bonus? Do I need to maintain a certain balance to avoid fees? How soon can I cancel the account after getting the bonus?

also, regarding the hard pull on the credit..Somebody posted earlier that they only do the hard pull if you opt for overdraft protection, is this true?

crowderd 11-23-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8num2 (Post 55181262)
I'd also like to know if it's possible to avoid the hard pull for checking.

Anybody know how to do this? I'm in the middle of the application process now.

ilovecolombia 11-23-2012 05:40 PM

Man it would be nice if the referaral stacked with the 125

Zoomer 11-23-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygun8 (Post 55195880)
Update on my info: I did not realize you had to make 2 real time trades. So based on that I would buy one share of a cheaply, but liquid(daily volume of over 1 million shares) stock with market order and then sell it with market order once you have confirmed you own the stock. Stick to something widely followed like symbols BAC(Bank of America) or F(Ford Motors) or something similar that does not have a lot of volatility. Hopefully they do not have any other stupid requirements involved.

Why don't you just buy and then sell a MMF? Their NAV is set to $1 so you won't lose any money.

I'll personally just buy some shares of a NTF fund.

ilovecolombia 11-23-2012 06:34 PM

Man it would be nice if the referaral stacked with the 125

zamen 11-23-2012 07:15 PM

I already have custodial sharebuilder account for my kids
can I open a second one for 125 promo
and than merge it with my other one

thanks

FrozenBiker 11-24-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroAsc (Post 55176420)
If I closed my checking account 6mth ago, am I considered a "new" customer to qualify for their bonus?

Has anyone managed to sign up successfully and is not a new customer (had old account but close it months ago)

Where is anything stated about being a new customer? I only see the "new checking account" requirement:

Bonus only available for new Electric Orange checking.

inm8num2 11-24-2012 12:26 AM

Here are my current inquiries from TransUnion and Experian.

May 19, 2011 - FIA Card Services
May 19, 2011 - AMEX
May 19, 2011 - Citibank
July 21, 2011 - Chase Bank
August 20, 2011 - Trans Union Rental Screening
August 21, 2011 - Trans Union Rental Screening

I got four credit cards in summer 2011, and in August I was looking for housing. My Experian is mid 700s, and my Credit Karma (TransUnion) is a little higher than my Experian.

What do you guys think - worth it to get the checking, or not worth adding another inquiry? I have no plans to apply for cards, but housing inquiries might be a possibility next year.

Since my credit is more or less solid, with no missed payments and such, I want to think that another inquiry isn't a huge deal, but I'm not sure.

FrozenBiker 11-24-2012 12:40 AM

Well i just signed up for the checking, and after the process was completed, there is a link in my account as a reminder of the bonus:

Electric Orange Bonus
How to get your Electric Orange Bonus

Activate your Electric Orange MasterCard® Debit Card.
Open Electric Orange November 23rd ? 25th and make a total of 10 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or 10 CheckMate deposits into your Electric Orange (or any combination of the two) within 45 days. Your $125 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 50.
Keep in mind, only one Electric Orange per customer.

Sry, i do not know how to cap pictures with this dumb apple yet..

goodtimes5 11-24-2012 12:59 AM

hold buttons at same time - apple-shift-4. this selects the area you want to capture, saved as file on desktop

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenBiker (Post 55224592)
Well i just signed up for the checking, and after the process was completed, there is a link in my account as a reminder of the bonus:

Electric Orange Bonus

Open Electric Orange November 23rd ? 25th and make a total of 10 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or 10 CheckMate deposits into your Electric Orange (or any combination of the two) within 45 days. Your $125 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 50.

Sry, i do not know how to cap pictures with this dumb apple yet..

Seagull 11-24-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transam7816 (Post 55179500)
Do you think once ING becomes Capital One, the coupons for free trades and such will cease to exist?

ING Direct became Capitol One earlier this year:
Quote:

ING DIRECT is now a division of Capital One, N.A. ING Bank, fsb, and its subsidiaries, including Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc., have been acquired by Capital One Financial Corporation and are no longer affiliated with ING Groep N.V. ("ING").

goodtimes5 11-24-2012 01:00 AM

agreed with your points, do it

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8num2 (Post 55224320)

May 19, 2011 - AMEX
May 19, 2011 - Citibank

I got four credit cards in summer 2011, and in August I was looking for housing. My Experian is mid 700s, and my Credit Karma (TransUnion) is a little higher than my Experian.

What do you guys think - worth it to get the checking, or not worth adding another inquiry? I have no plans to apply for cards, but housing inquiries might be a possibility next year.

Since my credit is more or less solid, with no missed payments and such, I want to think that another inquiry isn't a huge deal, but I'm not sure.

marcelita03 11-24-2012 07:30 AM

I am already a customer (for a year now) with savings, checking and investing. I am pretty happy with them, the websites are slick, easy to navigate. But I can't get any of the BFriday deals cause that's only for new accounts.

I would get sweet referrarl dollars if I only know someone interested ... I am thinking about posting a FB message to my cheapo friends, I'll give them half of my bonus thru PayPal :) I can't think of another way to get referrals... hmmm

007james 11-24-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcelita03 (Post 55233034)
I am already a customer (for a year now) with savings, checking and investing. I am pretty happy with them, the websites are slick, easy to navigate. But I can't get any of the BFriday deals cause that's only for new accounts.

I would get sweet referrarl dollars if I only know someone interested ... I am thinking about posting a FB message to my cheapo friends, I'll give them half of my bonus thru PayPal :) I can't think of another way to get referrals... hmmm

what bout 60-40...kiddin. You are not suppose to post referral links.

FrozenBiker 11-24-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodtimes5 (Post 55224978)
hold buttons at same time - apple-shift-4. this selects the area you want to capture, saved as file on desktop

Thanks for that :woot:

Zoomer 11-24-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007james (Post 55233342)
what bout 60-40...kiddin. You are not suppose to post referral links.

I'm a EO customer as well. I've heard that referees get $25 extra, though it's unclear if it stacks.

raysacr 11-24-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsaturnboing (Post 55179216)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alMac (Post 55179698)
Found it. Thnks/repped.

Can you guys tell me what on the site can I find the promo code box to input the code? I opened my account already.

lex2000 11-24-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8num2 (Post 55224320)

May 19, 2011 - AMEX
May 19, 2011 - Citibank

personally I think 1 inq doesn't matter but its better safe than sorry. And, ING runs similar promo every BF and one can do it only once, so you can also get the promo next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raysacr (Post 55237694)
Can you guys tell me what on the site can I find the promo code box to input the code? I opened my account already.

http://www.mymoneyblog.com/shareb...rades.html

Accounts tab > Overview > Profile & Settings > Enter Promotion Tab

hunnybunny1012 11-24-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomer (Post 55208204)
Why don't you just buy and then sell a MMF? Their NAV is set to $1 so you won't lose any money.

So I can buy and then sell it and that counts as 2 real time trades??
What's a NTF fund? I type that in and nothing shows up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomer (Post 55208204)

I only funded my accounts with 20 each and MMF requires more than that (there's a 9.95 base commission charge)

Technocian 11-24-2012 10:06 AM

Any penalty for closing your account right after receiving the $125 bonus?

I was planning on just writing myself 10 small checks on my current checking account and depositing them via CheckMate to fulfill the 10 transactions as soon as the account opened, then I was going to close it after the 50 days (either that, or close my old checking and make the ING my checking one).

lex2000 11-24-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocian (Post 55239308)
Any penalty for closing your account right after receiving the $125 bonus?

I was planning on just writing myself 10 small checks on my current checking account and depositing them via CheckMate to fulfill the 10 transactions as soon as the account opened, then I was going to close it after the 50 days (either that, or close my old checking and make the ING my checking one).

there is no penalty but you can also just leave it open with $0.01 balance. sometimes its handy to have more than 1 checking acct since there is no fee on ing checking.

to make 10 transactions, another option is to use the check card 10 times like paying utility bill, $1 each time and x10.

kaycen 11-24-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55161824)
What stock would you recommend? I don't really know about this stuff... :eek:

Nano-Technology stocks

Technocian 11-24-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lex2000 (Post 55240026)
there is no penalty but you can also just leave it open with $0.01 balance. sometimes its handy to have more than 1 checking acct since there is no fee on ing checking.

to make 10 transactions, another option is to use the check card 10 times like paying utility bill, $1 each time and x10.

That's actually a really good idea. Since if you don't close it then there would be no penalty or change in credit history.

hunnybunny1012 11-24-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Keep in mind those 5 free trades DO NOT qualify for the 125 bonus :cool:

Zoomer 11-24-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55238164)
So I can buy and then sell it and that counts as 2 real time trades??
What's a NTF fund? I type that in and nothing shows up?

I only funded my accounts with 20 each and MMF requires more than that (there's a 9.95 base commission charge)

No transaction fee funds. Note: your $20 probably wouldn't cut it.

https://research.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/Mutual-Funds/All-Mutual-Funds?tableType=overview&criteria=%7B%22args%22%3A%5B%7B%22field%22%3A%22SBTransactionFee%22%2C%22crit%22%3A%5B%22equ%7C0%22%5D%7D%5D%7D&params={%22sortby%22:%22SBTransactionFee%22}&selectedCriteria=equ|0

I have no idea why anyone would use sharebuilder; their NTF funds are all horribly expensive and their trading costs aren't good either.

hunnybunny1012 11-24-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomer (Post 55243846)
No transaction fee funds. Note: your $20 probably wouldn't cut it.

https://research.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/Mutual-Funds/All-Mutual-Funds?tableType=overview&criteria=%7B%22args%22%3A%5B%7B%22field%22%3A%22SBTransactionFee%22%2C%22crit%22%3A%5B%22equ%7C0%22%5D%7D%5D%7D&params={%22sortby%22:%22SBTransactionFee%22}&selectedCriteria=equ|0

I have no idea why anyone would use sharebuilder; their NTF funds are all horribly expensive and their trading costs aren't good either.

Spend 40 dollars = make a 210 profit for my kids. Seems like a pretty inexpensive way to contribute to their savings account!
I already bought 1 stock on each account, Now I just have to sell them back and walaaaaaaaa I'll get the bonus!

Microtubule 11-24-2012 12:20 PM

Damn, tried signing up but recognized that I had once had an account with them. That is a downer. :(

hunnybunny1012 11-24-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microtubule (Post 55244424)
Damn, tried signing up but recognized that I had once had an account with them. That is a downer. :(

What account are you trying to sign up for ??? I had an account with them more than a year ago and I'm still eligible for the promos. It depends on what account you had before..

Microtubule 11-24-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55244794)
What account are you trying to sign up for ??? I had an account with them more than a year ago and I'm still eligible for the promos. It depends on what account you had before..

Had a checking account years ago for a similar bonus and closed it shortly after I received the bonus. Just tells me it recognizes me as a previous user and to enter my customer ID to continue signing up. Do you think I may still be eligible for the bonus?

ETA: never mind, just signed up for the account and put a deposit of $50 down and got this message when I logged in :)

Electric Orange Bonus

Technocian 11-24-2012 12:49 PM

Does this work if you are an existing customer, but never had an Electric Orange account? For example, I only have the regular Orange Checking.

imjustme 11-24-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocian (Post 55245582)
Does this work if you are an existing customer, but never had an Electric Orange account? For example, I only have the regular Orange Checking.

You really need to Read their online fine print and disclaimers as from watching this BF deal of theirs over the last 3 years, ING has never offered this to any existing customers. The only deal an existing customer with ING can seemingly qualify for is if they open the Sharebuilder Account Deal or open savings accounts for your kids which actually gets linked to your original account. Good luck.

Technocian 11-24-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WooHooGuy (Post 55245782)
You really need to Read their online fine print and disclaimers as from watching this BF deal of theirs over the last 3 years, ING has never offered this to any existing customers. The only deal an existing customer with ING can seemingly qualify for is if they open the Sharebuilder Account Deal or open savings accounts for your kids which actually gets linked to your original account. Good luck.

Curses. I had a feeling that was the case, as I read the terms and conditions and only saw "for new Electric Orange accounts".

Microtubule 11-24-2012 01:03 PM

never mind

BellaLuella 11-24-2012 01:09 PM

Thanks neem wanting to open an online acct this seemed like a good oppurt. by any chance is there a way for it not to link to my checking? Like mailing in a check?

imjustme 11-24-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocian (Post 55245864)
Curses. I had a feeling that was the case, as I read the terms and conditions and only saw "for new Electric Orange accounts".

Dont give up...Read more through the disclaimers on their website and back on this thread as maybe someone 'found a way' as I am NOT at all the ING expert. I did this deal a couple years ago and was told by ING that I couldn't qualify for another bonus the following Black Friday and believe I've read others here post this before.
Good luck.

batcatman 11-24-2012 01:23 PM

Where do u guys see 100$ referral? All i see is 100$ for 2 friends, my wife is an account holder fpr years, if she refers me. how much she gets, and do i still get 125?

Microtubule 11-24-2012 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WooHooGuy (Post 55246364)
Dont give up...Read more through the disclaimers on their website and back on this thread as maybe someone 'found a way' as I am NOT at all the ING expert. I did this deal a couple years ago and was told by ING that I couldn't qualify for another bonus the following Black Friday and believe I've read others here post this before.
Good luck.

That is what I figured too. I signed up probably 3-4 years ago for the blackfriday bonus of $103 and cancelled after I received the bonus. I signed up again today and it said "get a bonus" underneath my account when I logged in and it said to just make 10 check card purchases to receive it within 2 months or whatever. Might not work but I am going to try for it. Only a few minutes lost if it doesn't work.

gloreglabert 11-24-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55241428)

Source?

hunnybunny1012 11-24-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyb1987 (Post 55187798)
Yes, I talked to a CSR on chat and she confirmed that it needs to be 2 real time trades, not automatic.

Chat log:

You: Hello. I am looking over the promo for a new sharebuilder account. It says after 2 real-time trades, a promo of $125 will be awarded. Are automatica trades considered real-time trades?
Kara H.: Welcome! No, trades placed through the Automatic Investment Plan would not qualify for this promotion. Only real time trades which are set up on the Trade Tab>Trade Now section would qualify.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloreglabert (Post 55249762)
Source?

That coupon is for the Automatic Investment Plan and it's not a part of the promotion. You need to do real time trades which would require you to fund your account and trade with your own money then you would qualify for the bonus :)

plates 11-24-2012 03:03 PM

I called in and asked how someone could get it without a checking account for my sister. They said the only way is to not go through the referral link but go through the mobile ing direct link at m.ing.direct.com. Then you can take a picture of your checks to put it in your account or do direct deposit.

Also I had an account a few years back but I was able to get the bonus in October when I signed up again.

gloreglabert 11-24-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55241428)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55250008)
That coupon is for the Automatic Investment Plan and it's not a part of the promotion. You need to do real time trades which would require you to fund your account and trade with your own money then you would qualify for the bonus :)

Thanks, got it.

alMac 11-24-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

I believe your question is where on the site to enter the promo code..

it is under the Overview and then click Profiles and Settings. Then click on the Enter Promotion tab.

dealhunter64 11-24-2012 07:38 PM

Can anyone give more information on the ShareBuilder account? I opened the account and signed up for the trial to reduce the commission from $9.95 to $7.95, so I'll probably buy a cheap stock and then sell it after the account is funded. Do they charge the commission fee on the sale too, in which case the cost is $15.90 total (or $19.90 with the standard account)?

This offer is not that great since you have to wait almost 6 months to receive it. It says 4-6 weeks for after the 2nd trade for the $125 to post and then 120 days before you can withdraw it. But I already did the checking account bonus last year. It was only $107 then.

inm8num2 11-24-2012 10:11 PM

I did a Sharebuilder bonus last December, closed my account in early September, yet it's somehow still there when I log into my ING Savings. There is a $0.01 balance...

I have the email confirming the account was closed. I see my bonus was deposited in early January, so I'm guessing the account is still open due to tax forms. When I go into account settings, it says the account is "Active". However, when I go into Forms and Applications, and choose to close the account, it says the account is already closed.

Do you guys think I can open a new Sharebuilder and qualify for the promotion?

choumore 11-25-2012 12:58 AM

I want to point out that if you want to open a ShareBuilder account and $10k floating around, you should consider this $200 promo:

http://content.sharebuilder.com/m...lWT/200BS/

Of course for all the folks with less cash lying around, the $125 promo is not too bad.

tex1des 11-25-2012 01:13 AM

Also would like to point out (not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread) $10 bonus for opening a Kids Savings Account. Either you or your kid must be a new customer.

Vivix729 11-25-2012 06:38 AM

Question...If I refer my sister, I get $100, she gets $25...does she also qualify for the new customer $125 bonus (assuming she makes 10 purchases).

vst 11-25-2012 06:49 AM

Trying to open EO checking, but since I was a customer last year, it's asking me to fund the new EO checking account using an old checking account that was linked to my previous EO checking.

So, the question is, how do I open an account without funding it with a closed checking account? Apparently, i can't link a new checking account to the profile without waiting for trial deposits to go through.

Stin 11-25-2012 12:14 PM

So can I get this if I have a savings account with them but no checking? Do I still count as a current customer?

Also, is ING still competitive? I looked at the current rates for Ally checking and savings and they are both higher. What's the catch?

CapitalismFTW 11-25-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivix729 (Post 55273672)
Question...If I refer my sister, I get $100, she gets $25...does she also qualify for the new customer $125 bonus (assuming she makes 10 purchases).

Same question for me. I have an account that's more than a year old and I'm trying to drag my siblings in for more free money xD.

Edit - May have answered my own question. It looks like the $125 bonus is for opening checking, while the referral bonus is for opening savings. I believe that means you can't get both.

Also, is the checking account linked to the sharebuilder account? I'm trying to sign up for the checking and it doesn't recognize my sharebuilder login. Thanks.

iphone24 11-25-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stin (Post 55285404)
So can I get this if I have a savings account with them but no checking? Do I still count as a current customer?

Also, is ING still competitive? I looked at the current rates for Ally checking and savings and they are both higher. What's the catch?

i just called ing i've savings acct too. they said i will be eligible for bonus csr opened it for me. i.just logged in later finished up process. also he said since i got savings acct no credit check involved if i select overdraft for $0.

iphone24 11-25-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalismFTW (Post 55290092)
Same question for me. I have an account that's more than a year old and I'm trying to drag my siblings in for more free money xD.

Also, is the checking account linked to the sharebuilder account? I'm trying to sign up for the checking and it doesn't recognize my sharebuilder login. Thanks.

they have different logins. but you can see sharebuilder balance from ing acct.

hunnybunny1012 11-25-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardxthripp (Post 55259458)
Can anyone give more information on the ShareBuilder account? I opened the account and signed up for the trial to reduce the commission from $9.95 to $7.95, so I'll probably buy a cheap stock and then sell it after the account is funded. Do they charge the commission fee on the sale too, in which case the cost is $15.90 total (or $19.90 with the standard account)?

This offer is not that great since you have to wait almost 6 months to receive it. It says 4-6 weeks for after the 2nd trade for the $125 to post and then 120 days before you can withdraw it. But I already did the checking account bonus last year. It was only $107 then.

I funded 2 accounts and now I just sent them back to my checking account. :shake: This stuff is too confusing and who knows if there are hidden fees!

LilysGrandma 11-25-2012 06:24 PM

I have a savings acct with them...can I still get the $125 for checking or will I be considering an existing customer?

JimBrew 11-25-2012 06:32 PM

So just to make sure I'm not missing anything on the checking account. All you have to do is open an account and fund it? Then make 10 purchases, and you get $125 on day 50? That easy?

planetboom 11-25-2012 07:03 PM

can you do these deals using an existing acct that has been inactive with zero balances for over 90 days?

planetboom 11-25-2012 07:12 PM

is there a minimum initial deposit to get the $125 bonus?

CalMan 11-25-2012 07:17 PM

You CAN Get The Bonus Even If You Have Before

Since I keep good records, I am posting my past history of opening accounts at ING in the past:

12/02/09-Opened Checking acct(most likely BF but 1st-time took some days setup)
01/21/10-Received $121 bonus
10/13/10-Closed account
11/29/11-Opened Checking acct
01/14/12-Received $107 bonus
06/05/12-Closed account
11/25/12-Opened Checking account (To Be Continued...)

There was ONE instance I went for the offer and I got a message at the start of the application process stating I would not be eligible for the bonus. I could have sworn I opened more than just the two accounts for bonuses, but that is all that is showing my Quicken software.

For the poster wanting to know about Automatic Deposit payments, I had a savings account 2004-05 in which I was active with those from work and they appeared on the same day as we got paid.

For those wondering about declining Overdraft protection, there is an option in the second step for $0 declining.

Another poster mentioned not knowing about the $25 bonus and that happened to me too when I opened an account for my Dad. The CSR on the phone gave it to me well after the fact. But that was quite a few years ago.

To many that have asked, there is no minimum balance requirement and no early account closure fee that I recall. They market themselves as being soft on fees. But be warned Capital One might be managing differently.

Good luck to all!

CalMan 11-25-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBrew (Post 55298000)
So just to make sure I'm not missing anything on the checking account. All you have to do is open an account and fund it? Then make 10 purchases, and you get $125 on day 50? That easy?

Yup. Last year there was a problem with the site and I had to open my account after the allowed weekend period. The CSR handled it manually and I was worried I wouldn't get the bonus. But I got it twice. They corrected the duplicate tho. I've had nothing but good experiences from them, but I wouldn't and don't use them as my main bank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiserlyMom (Post 55297714)
I have a savings acct with them...can I still get the $125 for checking or will I be considering an existing customer?

Should be able to. The offer is for NEW Electric Orange checking accounts, not for new customers.

coot66 11-25-2012 07:28 PM

Just to clarify, the 5 free trades will count as the 2 real time trades, right?

-The Trading Coot66

partizanka 11-25-2012 07:40 PM

Do I have to trade tonight to get the bonus? Or as long as account is opened tonight I will get the bonus if I trade later?

planetboom 11-25-2012 07:46 PM

Use "SK483GXM2BU9" in the promo code section of your account in Sharebuilder to get 5 free trades is NOT 5 free trades!! its just = "Your 5 Automatic Investment Plan trade credits have been credited to your account as part of the Gift of Stock!" not the same. grrrrr.

LilysGrandma 11-25-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalMan (Post 55299836)
Yup. Last year there was a problem with the site and I had to open my account after the allowed weekend period. The CSR handled it manually and I was worried I wouldn't get the bonus. But I got it twice. They corrected the duplicate tho. I've had nothing but good experiences from them, but I wouldn't and don't use them as my main bank.

Should be able to. The offer is for NEW Electric Orange checking accounts, not for new customers.

Can I ask why you won't use them as your primary bank?

It says the $125 may be reported to the IRS.....so that knocks it down a bit huh?

jahensle 11-25-2012 08:42 PM

yay, i use ING for checking/savings. Just opened a share account :)

Stin 11-25-2012 09:06 PM

Alright now I just signed up for the Checking account when I already have a savings with them, no problem getting the $125 offer. It says I need to use the card 10 times within 45 days to get the offer. Does this mean 45 days within signing up or 45 days within activating the card? I'm assuming the first, but I won't even get the card for up to a week.

What do you guys do with larger checks? I was really hoping to ditch my account with Wells Fargo, they charge like $8 a month now if you don't have $1500 in the account. So I can't really keep it open with $50 in it because I'll get charged a fee every month. You can't do the mobile app upload for checks over $3000, you have to physically mail the check to their headquarters and wait. While I can't remember the last time I got a check for over $3000, it has happened. Like, what if I sold my car and the buyer wanted to give me a check or meet at the bank to deposit it, what do you do for things like this? Just have to keep a local banking account open and let $1500 sit in it permanently?

inm8num2 11-25-2012 09:33 PM

Deal dead? I thought the Sharebuilder bonus was good until 11/26?

Either way I had already signed up earlier today using the "2012blackfri" code. When I try to enter it in my account, I get this:

"The Promotion Code you provided cannot be entered for this account, because this promotion or a related promotion has already been entered for another account belonging to this account holder.
The Promotion Code you entered can only be used for new accounts."

hunnybunny1012 11-25-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8num2 (Post 55306196)
Deal dead? I thought the Sharebuilder bonus was good until 11/26?

Either way I had already signed up earlier today using the "2012blackfri" code. When I try to enter it in my account, I get this:

"The Promotion Code you provided cannot be entered for this account, because this promotion or a related promotion has already been entered for another account belonging to this account holder.
The Promotion Code you entered can only be used for new accounts."

Did you sign up initially using that code? If you clicked through the black friday promotion page then it was automatically stored in the promotion box. So, if you go back to your newly created account and try to type it in again then of course it's already been entered....
I would chat with a rep tomorrow when they open to be sure the promotion code is actually applied...

Quote:

Originally Posted by coot66 (Post 55300240)
Just to clarify, the 5 free trades will count as the 2 real time trades, right?

-The Trading Coot66

No, they will NOT. You have to fund the account and pay to do the real time trades...;)

inm8num2 11-25-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55306710)
Did you sign up initially using that code? If you clicked through the black friday promotion page then it was automatically stored in the promotion box. So, if you go back to your newly created account and try to type it in again then of course it's already been entered....
I would chat with a rep tomorrow when they open to be sure the promotion code is actually applied...

No, they will NOT. You have to fund the account and pay to do the real time trades...;)

I did enter it when I originally signed up. In fact, shortly after writing that post I received this email:

Quote:

Promotion Entered
Dear ---------,

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Account Type: Individual

Thank you for opening your ShareBuilder account. To receive your $125 Black Friday Bonus, be sure to meet the promotion requirements. If you have not set up your investment plan or online trade yet, get started today.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-747-2537 or by email at customerservice@sharebuilder.com. For your reference, your Promotion Code is 2012BLACKFRI.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team

LilysGrandma 11-25-2012 11:36 PM

I didn't get an email about the $125 bonus, just a standard email. I signed up about 5 minutes before the promo ended....LOL. I hope it still worked.

LilysGrandma 11-25-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stin (Post 55304816)
Alright now I just signed up for the Checking account when I already have a savings with them, no problem getting the $125 offer. It says I need to use the card 10 times within 45 days to get the offer. Does this mean 45 days within signing up or 45 days within activating the card? I'm assuming the first, but I won't even get the card for up to a week.

What do you guys do with larger checks? I was really hoping to ditch my account with Wells Fargo, they charge like $8 a month now if you don't have $1500 in the account. So I can't really keep it open with $50 in it because I'll get charged a fee every month. You can't do the mobile app upload for checks over $3000, you have to physically mail the check to their headquarters and wait. While I can't remember the last time I got a check for over $3000, it has happened. Like, what if I sold my car and the buyer wanted to give me a check or meet at the bank to deposit it, what do you do for things like this? Just have to keep a local banking account open and let $1500 sit in it permanently?

I am wondering the same and I also bank at Wells Fargo. I am thinking maybe just a plain savings account with $50 in it? I would still then have access to bank services, correct?

inm8num2 11-26-2012 01:22 AM

ING has removed the BF promo page despite it containing important information about promo fulfillment, referral requirements, etc. and this doesn't seem to be anywhere on their site.

Dumb, especially since the referral promo goes through sometime in mid December.

Stin 11-26-2012 06:10 AM

After I take advantage of the $125 checking promo I think I'm going to sign up for Ally and move my money there. I've been doing some more research and it seems that Ally is equal to or better than ING in every way. Ally has higher interest rates on both savings and checking (double that of ING checking). Ally has unlimited online and paper checks with ING it's $5 for 50. Ally has no fees ATM withdraw at any ATM in the country. ING only has free access at designated ATMs. Ally has 24/7 customer service while ING is limited hours. Ally unlimited linked accounts, ING only allows 3. Unless I'm missing something here it appears that Ally has no weakness in comparison. I don't think Ally has mobile check deposits yet but that is supposed to come by the end of this year.

LilysGrandma 11-26-2012 07:18 AM

Ally looks good to me also except the mobile deposit issue. Did you read somewhere that they are supposed to have it soon?

CalMan 11-26-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiserlyMom (Post 55303282)
Can I ask why you won't use them as your primary bank?

It says the $125 may be reported to the IRS.....so that knocks it down a bit huh?

The interest rate is feeble. I use Evantage Bank (the online version of Southwest State Bank) and they pay 1.10% interest on their checking as long as you don't have more than 6 transactions per statement, which I never do. I make my money work for me when it's sitting and with today's low interest rates it is imperative.

Depending on your tax rate it may affect it by a few dollars.

wannadeal 11-26-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55296794)
I funded 2 accounts and now I just sent them back to my checking account. :shake: This stuff is too confusing and who knows if there are hidden fees!

Shareholders deal may not be that great. It's a deal that you must definitely read THOROUGHLY to not have a loss. With that being said you should sign up now if you haven't because the bonus is $125 as opposed to $50. Basic with 2 $4 trades? Takes you down $8 plus the cost of the investment. Sign up if you must BUT DON'T get into funding it or anything until you make sure that you understand the TOTAL costs that are involved. I'm sure that losses are tax deductible but that's not why we SD! :hug:

Stin 11-26-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiserlyMom (Post 55325952)
Ally looks good to me also except the mobile deposit issue. Did you read somewhere that they are supposed to have it soon?

Ya, read it on one of the reviews on the net. Said they delayed it until the end of this year to make sure it works perfectly.

hunnybunny1012 11-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannadeal (Post 55347238)
Shareholders deal may not be that great. It's a deal that you must definitely read THOROUGHLY to not have a loss. With that being said you should sign up now if you haven't because the bonus is $125 as opposed to $50. Basic with 2 $4 trades? Takes you down $8 plus the cost of the investment. Sign up if you must BUT DON'T get into funding it or anything until you make sure that you understand the TOTAL costs that are involved. I'm sure that losses are tax deductible but that's not why we SD! :hug:

There's an automatic 9.95 commission base fee for trading. I know that's for buying. Who knows about selling. What stock do you see that's only 4 dollars? The accounts are still open but I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff.... :(

LilysGrandma 11-26-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stin (Post 55361470)
Ya, read it on one of the reviews on the net. Said they delayed it until the end of this year to make sure it works perfectly.

My husband has an iPhone 3, wonder if that will work when they implement the system.

wannadeal 11-27-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 55362218)
There's an automatic 9.95 commission base fee for trading. I know that's for buying. Who knows about selling. What stock do you see that's only 4 dollars? The accounts are still open but I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff.... :(

I see the "trade" cost listed at $4 per transaction for basic. NOT the stock. I have a HP 12C so I know how to assess BUT I wouldn't be doing that here. :shake: :lol: Click on stock and research I think and take a look if you are interested in doing this. My point is to be aware of all of the fees associated with doing this sort of thing. If you are doing your own trading to whom are you paying a commission? I see transactions fees.

I'd only advise through exclusive subscription or something. I don't put my hands on other peoples money. :shake:

You can make this profitable by understanding ALL FEES and then picking an investment that you know will increase in value in the short term. ;)

dealhunter64 11-27-2012 07:30 AM

I called and was told the $9.95 fee applies to both the buy and sell order, so it's $19.90 in fees total. Then the bonus posts in 4-6 weeks and can be used for trades, but cannot be withdrawn for 120 days after that.

wannadeal 11-27-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardxthripp (Post 55389884)
I called and was told the $9.95 fee applies to both the buy and sell order, so it's $19.90 in fees total. Then the bonus posts in 4-6 weeks and can be used for trades, but cannot be withdrawn for 120 days after that.

Actually there would be 39.8 in fees associated with that transaction. 19.90 when you buy and 19.90 when you sell so $125 has now become 85.20 and you haven't picked/paid for the stock yet. :D If they gave it to you up front and let you play with their money it's not as bad, but if you put your money in and don't understand it could get tricky. ;)

dealhunter64 11-27-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannadeal (Post 55390752)
Actually there would be 39.8 in fees associated with that transaction. 19.90 when you buy and 19.90 when you sell so $125 has now become 85.20 and you haven't picked/paid for the stock yet. :D If they gave it to you up front and let you play with their money it's not as bad, but if you put your money in and don't understand it could get tricky. ;)

No, it's $9.95 per trade, so $19.90 would be the total fees for the buy and sell orders, which counts as two trades for the promo. I just did it with a share of AMD for $1.87, and then when I sold it the fee was only $1.86, not $9.95, so I could have chosen an even cheaper stock and saved a dollar.

wannadeal 11-27-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardxthripp (Post 55390862)
No, it's $9.95 per trade, so $19.90 would be the total fees for the buy and sell orders, which counts as two trades for the promo. I just did it with a share of AMD for $1.87, and then when I sold it the fee was only $1.86, not $9.95, so I could have chosen an even cheaper stock and saved a dollar.

Interesting. But that's why it's imperative to know the fees. I didn't read the promo for this deal yet. I read (briefly) that you had to make two purchases. But now you are saying it's two "transactions" and the fees quoted to you aren't the actual fees! :confused: That's why you have to read and know before getting into it. :nod: Picking stocks is yet another caveat. :hug:

rrr13 11-27-2012 11:00 AM

First I signed up for the one month free trial of Advantage which brings the trade fee down to $7.95. Find this under Account, Profile & Settings, Pricing Program.

Next I bought 1 share of a stock trading for $0.84, the entire transaction cost me $8.79

Then I sold that same 1 share for $0.83, that transaction made me $0.01 (no fee). (Within just a few minutes) I thought I'd have to pay $7.95 fee for both the buy and sell but apparently not.

I started my account with $40. After these two transactions I have $31.22. I've already requested a transfer back to my checking out.

Then I cancelled the Advantage one month trial so I won't be charged.

To find the cheap stocks, I went to the Research tab, Stocks, then Bargin Basement stocks, then on the left navigation, I selected Price and then equal or less than and entered $1.00. Once I found a stock, I wrote down the 4 digit alpha code and used that in the Trade Now screen to buy and sell.

I hope this helps someone else.

tannersarms 11-27-2012 03:17 PM

I got an email from them today referring to my "$0.00 bonus" - anyone else get this?

FrozenBiker 11-28-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 55413810)
I got an email from them today referring to my "$0.00 bonus" - anyone else get this?

Was that for Sharebuilder or Checking? I started a checking account, and haven't received any email from them regarding a problem [yet].

Firebird72 11-30-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrr13 (Post 55399414)
First I signed up for the one month free trial of Advantage which brings the trade fee down to $7.95. Find this under Account, Profile & Settings, Pricing Program.

Next I bought 1 share of a stock trading for $0.84, the entire transaction cost me $8.79

Then I sold that same 1 share for $0.83, that transaction made me $0.01 (no fee). (Within just a few minutes) I thought I'd have to pay $7.95 fee for both the buy and sell but apparently not.

I started my account with $40. After these two transactions I have $31.22. I've already requested a transfer back to my checking out.

Then I cancelled the Advantage one month trial so I won't be charged.

To find the cheap stocks, I went to the Research tab, Stocks, then Bargin Basement stocks, then on the left navigation, I selected Price and then equal or less than and entered $1.00. Once I found a stock, I wrote down the 4 digit alpha code and used that in the Trade Now screen to buy and sell.

I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks, It does help.
But I really don't understand why you had no sell fee. Are you confident that you have met the requirements for the Bonus?
The last time I sold stock from my SB account was over 2 years ago, but I was charged $9.96.

dealhunter64 11-30-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird72 (Post 55524870)
Thanks, It does help.
But I really don't understand why you had no sell fee. Are you confident that you have met the requirements for the Bonus?

It looks like when selling, the fee won't exceed the value of the stock. So if the stock is $0.84, the fee is $0.83. If the stock is $10.00, the fee is $9.95.

Firebird72 11-30-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardxthripp (Post 55524998)
It looks like when selling, the fee won't exceed the value of the stock. So if the stock is $0.84, the fee is $0.83. If the stock is $10.00, the fee is $9.95.

Below says: "but no less than the base commission." ???

ShareBuilder Online Trades:
If you are looking to buy or sell a stock right away online, you can place a trade now. Market orders are typically executed within seconds of being placed (when the market is open) or place a limit order to control the price of your buy or sell order.

Basic: $9.95 per online trade (4)

(4) Low-Priced Securities: In addition to the base commission, Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc., will add a $0.007 surcharge per share on market and limit order trades when the average execution price per share is less than $1.00. The total commission (base commission + surcharge) is subject to a maximum of 15% of the principal amount of the trade, but no less than the base commission.

Dioleus 11-30-2012 06:08 PM

20charrrrrrrrrrrrr

mindbowels 12-01-2012 04:15 PM

Anyone seen sign of the bonus yet?

gloreglabert 12-01-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindbowels (Post 55575628)
Anyone seen sign of the bonus yet?

Read the terms and conditions of the bonus. Everyone gets their bonus at the same time, on day 50 after opening.

mindbowels 12-01-2012 04:24 PM

Thanks. Life is too busy for small print. : )

inm8num2 12-02-2012 11:03 PM

For the checking, does ING send any email just to confirm that you've met the requirements for the promo after using your card 10 times? I know the bonus isn't awarded until day 50, but I guess one sometimes wants to be sure the pieces are in place before then.

And there are no minimums for the qualifying transactions, right? Just use your debit card (either signature or PIN-based) ten times, even if those transactions are less than one dollar? Sorry, I'm just a little paranoid this evening.

swantz1984 12-03-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8num2 (Post 55614748)
For the checking, does ING send any email just to confirm that you've met the requirements for the promo after using your card 10 times? I know the bonus isn't awarded until day 50, but I guess one sometimes wants to be sure the pieces are in place before then.

And there are no minimums for the qualifying transactions, right? Just use your debit card (either signature or PIN-based) ten times, even if those transactions are less than one dollar? Sorry, I'm just a little paranoid this evening.

I just wrote 10 checks to myself for $1 each. Should be enough come day 50.

SAN_MARINO 12-05-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swantz1984 (Post 55626494)

You ordered checks from them?

swantz1984 12-05-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 55718140)
You ordered checks from them?

No I have a BOA account.

zrzhu111 12-07-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swantz1984 (Post 55626494)

It says "use your CARD", not write the check. I remember when I did the promotion last time, I had to use my debit card for a few times.

SAN_MARINO 12-07-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrzhu (Post 55808992)
It says "use your CARD", not write the check. I remember when I did the promotion last time, I had to use my debit card for a few times.

Agreed with you. Called customer service to verify already. 10 transactions and no other exception.

swantz1984 12-08-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrzhu (Post 55808992)

The terms state 10 transactions via card or 10 checkmate deposits. Id rather follow the terms than some cs worker.

Firebird72 12-10-2012 11:50 AM

I made my 2 ShareBuilder trades, the sell only cost $.80 total in commission, I'm not real confident that I will receive the $125 bonus.
Anyone else have concerns about this type of transaction not counting toward the bonus requirements?

gloreglabert 12-10-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird72 (Post 55894354)
I made my 2 ShareBuilder trades, the sell only cost $.80 total in commission, I'm not real confident that I will receive the $125 bonus.
Anyone else have concerns about this type of transaction not counting toward the bonus requirements?

I can't find any language that might disqualify it. The activity listing clearly lists two transactions -- the buy and the sell.

BellaLuella 12-10-2012 12:39 PM

Is there a way to check on the 10 transactions status? I have making some purchases on Amazon but are thinking maybe they might be processed as credit..

gloreglabert 12-10-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaLuella (Post 55896354)
Is there a way to check on the 10 transactions status? I have making some purchases on Amazon but are thinking maybe they might be processed as credit..

Everything you purchase online is processed as credit -- you never enter your PIN, so it can't run as debit. It doesn't matter, though -- the T&C say either signature (credit) or PIN (debit) transactions count.

BellaLuella 12-10-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloreglabert (Post 55896642)
Everything you purchase online is processed as credit -- you never enter your PIN, so it can't run as debit. It doesn't matter, though -- the T&C say either signature (credit) or PIN (debit) transactions count.

Why Thank you! so onyl 8 more transcations to go.

EricPost 12-10-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloreglabert (Post 55896642)

Not so many process them as debit. Amazon was doing this till I told them to stop

Quote:

When paying by debit card, we may process your payment as a PIN-less debit transaction. Although your transaction will be processed like a PIN-debit transaction, you won't have to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) when using your debit card. When proceeding through checkout, you'll simply need to select the option to pay with an existing debit card or enter a new debit card on the payments selection page. If the debit card is eligible to be processed as a PIN-less debit transaction, we'll do the rest. Note: PIN-less debit does not apply to reloadable gift cards that have the word "debit" written on them.

Your financial institution may charge you a fee for payments we process as a PIN-less debit transaction. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions of your debit card, contact your financial institution using the telephone number found on the back of your card.

If your debit card is eligible to be processed as a PIN-less debit transaction, but you prefer to disable this feature, please see Opting Out of PIN-less Debit. You may disable the PIN-less debit transaction feature when you add the eligible debit card to your account or at any time afterwards.

Firebird72 12-11-2012 08:03 AM

I know win I pay my Verizon Bill with a Visa/Debit card it defaults to a debit transaction (Pin-less), I then have to select process as a Visa payment.

flygurl 12-13-2012 07:40 PM

does anyone know if I can make 10 $1 payments on a bill online (insurance bill) or does it need to be an actual brick and mortar card purchase?

rpacer 12-18-2012 10:59 AM

for sharbuilder, to get the $125, I would need to make 2 trades correct?

if i make 1 trade to buy and another trade to sell on the same stock, will that consider 2 trades? or do they mean 2 trades as in buying 2 stocks?

minitran7 12-19-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpacer (Post 56187594)
for sharbuilder, to get the $125, I would need to make 2 trades correct?

if i make 1 trade to buy and another trade to sell on the same stock, will that consider 2 trades? or do they mean 2 trades as in buying 2 stocks?

You: ShareBuilder: $125 Bonus Joint or Custodial account between November 23rd and 26th and make 2 real-time trades in the new account by December 31st.

You: it requires two transaction, that can be done with a buy and a sell for the same stock?

Tim H.: Yes it can! As long as the buy is done through trade now you can can also sell the qualify for this promotion.

inm8num2 12-20-2012 10:23 PM

Crap - I need to do the Sharebuilder trades still. Wasn't there a 30-day trial of something that reduced the trade cost? Save a couple extra bucks - why not?

inm8num2 12-28-2012 12:12 PM

I slacked off and just did the two trades today. I'll be getting the $125 four weeks later than others.

flygurl 12-30-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8num2 (Post 56449462)
I slacked off and just did the two trades today. I'll be getting the $125 four weeks later than others.

o wow, thought we had 45 days...
if possible...can you walk me thru so I can get it done tomorrow (the last day 12/31)
pm if you have the time. tia

oh,and can I buy and sell the same stock in the same day?

CapitalismFTW 12-31-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flygurl (Post 56497250)
o wow, thought we had 45 days...
if possible...can you walk me thru so I can get it done tomorrow (the last day 12/31)
pm if you have the time. tia

oh,and can I buy and sell the same stock in the same day?

I'm in the same boat as you. Reps to someone who helps us slackers out so we can get it done tomorrow.

Also, is it even possible to do this if I haven't funded my account yet? I thought it took a couple of days for the bank to transfer the money.

flygurl 12-31-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalismFTW (Post 56505512)
I'm in the same boat as you. Reps to someone who helps us slackers out so we can get it done tomorrow.

Also, is it even possible to do this if I haven't funded my account yet? I thought it took a couple of days for the bank to transfer the money.

I believe ur right on the funding taking a few days, I opened mine w/$100
did you also open ing checking...maybe you can transfer funds instantly?

gloreglabert 12-31-2012 09:05 AM

If you have ING checking, you can transfer from that to sharebuilder instantly.

BellaLuella 01-01-2013 10:12 AM

I thought we had till Jan 4th lol hmm I made over the ten transactions but I am now noticing that they are not processed as debit. I paid some bills online by using linking the check account.

SAN_MARINO 01-01-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaLuella (Post 56534360)
I thought we had till Jan 4th lol hmm I made over the ten transactions but I am now noticing that they are not processed as debit. I paid some bills online by using linking the check account.

I thought ING required 10 "pin-based" transactions within 45 days? Assumed you open your checking account on Black Friday (11/23/2012). I think you have until Jan 6th. 8 days (Nov) + 31 days (Dec) + 6 days (Jan) = 45 days.

hunnybunny1012 01-02-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56539640)
I thought ING required 10 "pin-based" transactions within 45 days? Assumed you open your checking account on Black Friday (11/23/2012). I think you have until Jan 6th. 8 days (Nov) + 31 days (Dec) + 6 days (Jan) = 45 days.

No the t&c's say credit or pin transactions! Contact a rep and ask them!

- sent by iPhone App Deals & Steals 3.5.8 -

hunnybunny1012 01-04-2013 12:07 PM

So has anyone received their bonus from the stocks????

BellaLuella 01-05-2013 10:59 AM

As far as the bonus for the checking I could not use the pay bill as my 10 transactions. So late last night I made 10 pin based transactions posting the 5th so hopefully I will get my bonus in Feb..

CongaMail 01-05-2013 10:23 PM

So....when's the Sharebuilder bonus supposed to come in? It's been a while.

gloreglabert 01-05-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CongaMail (Post 56654706)
So....when's the Sharebuilder bonus supposed to come in? It's been a while.

The T&Cs specified something like 90 days after hitting the requirements, then you can withdraw in another 180. So it'll be awhile.

mindbowels 01-07-2013 04:43 PM

Just hit for me today. Wahoo!

Microtubule 01-07-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaLuella (Post 56534360)

Doesn't matter. Can be debit or credit. I made 1.00, 1.01, etc... charges on my tmobile bill until I made 10 lol. Should get the bonus around the end of this month or beginning of February

jdigger 01-08-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 56621806)
So has anyone received their bonus from the stocks????

I made my second stock trade on Dec 31. Received my $125 bonus today!

Raizesr 01-08-2013 09:30 AM

I received my ShareBuilder bonus but not the Electric Orange Checking bonus. Has anybody received the Electric Orange Checking bonus?

Janerl 01-08-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindbowels (Post 56692642)
Just hit for me today. Wahoo!

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my Sharebuilder and looks like I got the $125 yesterday :D

SAN_MARINO 01-08-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raizesr (Post 56708748)
I received my ShareBuilder bonus but not the Electric Orange Checking bonus. Has anybody received the Electric Orange Checking bonus?

I am waiting for the bonus on checking acct too.

hunnybunny1012 01-08-2013 11:13 PM

Whoohooooo! Got my $250 in total for my 2 custodial share builder accounts for doing the real time trades :) still waiting on ingdirect checking bonus!

Fightforit 01-08-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56724740)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 56727190)
Whoohooooo! Got my $250 in total for my 2 custodial share builder accounts for doing the real time trades :) still waiting on ingdirect checking bonus!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56724740)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybunny1012 (Post 56727190)

For all of you who don't know how to read, it clearly states "ON DAY 50" you will get your $125 bonus. :bulb:

I also did not get my bonus yet but, we will all be getting the bonus at some point next week. It's been 6 weeks and a couple of days give or take depending on the exact date you signed up. ;)

regrossman 01-09-2013 06:31 AM

I got the sharebuilder bonus as well yesterday although it says its on hold and cannot be transferred.

inm8num2 01-09-2013 07:01 PM

Same for me - got the SB bonus. The EC bonus should be coming soon (45 days after meeting requirements).