Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Garmin nuvi 2460LMT, GPS, 5" , Bluetooth, Lifetime Maps Traffic,-Refurbished $100 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5560750-garmin-nuvi-2460lmt-gps-5-bluetooth-lifetime-maps-traffic-refurbished-100)

abctank 11-23-2012 01:01 AM

Garmin nuvi 2460LMT, GPS, 5" , Bluetooth, Lifetime Maps Traffic,-Refurbished $100
 
1 Attachment(s)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-nu...1130956596

i guess it has One Year Consumer Limited Warranty

wikipost 11-23-2012 01:01 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
DEAD
Price is now $155

Selma 11-23-2012 01:33 AM

Garmin nuvi 2460LMT, GPS, 5" , Bluetooth, Lifetime Maps Traffic,-Refurbished $100
 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-nu...1130956596

yuugotserved 11-23-2012 01:33 AM

Garmin Nuvi 2460LMT 5" GPS Navigator w/ Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates (Refurbished) $100 + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
Garmin via Ebay has Garmin Nuvi 2460LMT 5" GPS Navigator w/ Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates (Refurbished) for $100 with free shipping. Thanks Selma

davlee88 11-23-2012 03:35 AM

nice deal

kvk123 11-23-2012 03:41 AM

Help !! this one or 50LM ??

beef1218 11-23-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvk123 (Post 55168712)
Help !! this one or 50LM ??

This is better. 50LM does not have blue tooth

seasix 11-23-2012 03:52 AM

I have this, great gps. Love the resolution, nice crisp sharp display, a pleasure to look at. Works well as gps.

kvk123 11-23-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef1218 (Post 55168762)
This is better. 50LM does not have blue tooth

The only concern is, this is refurb...

beef1218 11-23-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasix (Post 55168896)
I have this, great gps. Love the resolution, nice crisp sharp display, a pleasure to look at. Works well as gps.

Its screen is the same as other garmin 5" GPS. 480 x 272 pixels

just saying...

seasix 11-23-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef1218 (Post 55169122)
Its screen is the same as other garmin 5" GPS. 480 x 272 pixels

just saying...

opps you're right, I have 3790.

bucky999 11-23-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvk123 (Post 55168910)
The only concern is, this is refurb...

on the other hand, since it is directly from garmin, you should be pretty confident that they would stand behind the product....that's why i ended up jumping on this. now deciding between one or two of them...

ChiefofStaff 11-23-2012 04:15 AM

Does it come with warranty?

kvk123 11-23-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefofStaff (Post 55169346)
Does it come with warranty?

No warranty from Garmin. But you can add warranty for $ 7.99.

davlee88 11-23-2012 04:37 AM

Warranty

One Year Consumer Limited Warranty

Garmin’s products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost. This warranty does not apply to: (i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents; (ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes; (iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; or (v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin. In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.

Garmin’s navigation products are intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purpose requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or topography. Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.

Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original one year warranty, depending upon which is longer.

THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES CONTAINED HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL GARMIN BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

Garmin retains the exclusive right to repair or replace with a new or newly-overhauled replacement product the device or software or offer a full refund of the purchase price at its sole discretion. SUCH REMEDY SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY.

nitin25 11-23-2012 04:42 AM

warranty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Selma (Post 55165334)

Question: What is a newly overhauled (NOH) device?
Answer:
A newly overhauled (NOH) device is a device that was returned to Garmin to be factory refurbished. Newly overhauled devices go through extensive testing to bring the units up to the same specifications as when they were manufactured as new, maintaining high quality standards. Newly overhauled devices will still have a one year manufacturer's warranty when purchased from a Garmin dealer.

Please note that newly overhauled (NOH) devices received as replacements for servicing will have either a 90-day warranty or the remainder of the original device's warranty, whichever is longer.

fourml8r 11-23-2012 04:56 AM

traffic feature is almost useless. it is wrong more often than it is right in my area, new York metro area

anvilsvs 11-23-2012 05:00 AM

That's just because NY traffic is wrong more than it's right.

sixty 11-23-2012 05:03 AM

don't forget to use mr re ba te for another 1%

jimbeau 11-23-2012 05:48 AM

Is this the one to get? I see quite a few people here buying. I was going to buy the Walmart 5" Garmin because it can be returned if NG. Here paying $8 for a warranty seems rough. Decisions decisions.

SunnyNight 11-23-2012 05:50 AM

Got one for me and one for a gift. I don't know anything about these devices, so I'm hoping this is a good one. Should be an upgrade for me, in any case, because my current GPS measures about 15" x 20" and requires the turning of pages. :)

I Love A Deal 11-23-2012 06:03 AM

Use American Express card and they extend warranty by one year for free. Other cards may do that too. Call co you use and ask

ncguy77 11-23-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anvilsvs (Post 55170412)
That's just because NY traffic is wrong more than it's right.

That's just because NY is wrong more than it's right.

Fixed it for ya.

ongos2000 11-23-2012 06:12 AM

I got this one and hope I can find a map for Europe somewhere as it's where I'll be using it.

SlidingBike 11-23-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love A Deal (Post 55172450)
Use American Express card and they extend warranty by one year for free. Other cards may do that too. Call co you use and ask

You love Amex??
But unfortunately you may need to double check.. Amex (and other CCs ) wont cover the refurb/open box/used items.. :-)

I Love A Deal 11-23-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlidingBike (Post 55172808)
You love Amex??
But unfortunately you may need to double check.. Amex (and other CCs ) wont cover the refurb/open box/used items.. :-)

thanks. good to know.

jjstables 11-23-2012 07:21 AM

In for 1, thanks. Been looking for one since a Walmart refurb of a similar Garmin was DOA about a year ago.

EricH8106 11-23-2012 07:42 AM

In for one. whats the normal price on these none refurbished?

cocoloco 11-23-2012 08:05 AM

I got it for a friend, he was looking for this model.

FreeFreak 11-23-2012 08:18 AM

Discover 5% cashback is good on eBay. I checked with their customer service.

goodguys21 11-23-2012 08:22 AM

does paypal free return shipping applies here ?

Alan278 11-23-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvk123 (Post 55168712)
Help !! this one or 50LM ??

The LM signifies Lifetime Maps
The LMT signifies Lifetime Maps and Traffic

Of course there may be other differences. like Bluetooth as a poster earlier said..

Alan278 11-23-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeFreak (Post 55178374)
Discover 5% cashback is good on eBay. I checked with their customer service.

How to take advantage of this? eBay does not appear (for me) in Shop Discover merchant list. Also, would it work if one uses Paypal account with Discover Card as the method of payment?

bluetrep 11-23-2012 10:43 AM

50LM has no Canada map

LooneyGoose 11-23-2012 10:45 AM

Better than the groupon deal?
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-g...&c=all&p=0

kippcam 11-23-2012 10:48 AM

This is a good unit and a good deal. It's basically the full featured 2011 model, just below the premium 37xx series.

ComparedToWhat 11-23-2012 10:54 AM

In for 1 @ $106.59 (AZ tax) - thanks OP

Mariss716 11-23-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodguys21 (Post 55178534)
does paypal free return shipping applies here ?

Doesn't apply to eBay, per their restrictions.

Mystearica 11-23-2012 11:09 AM

Guessing this GPS includes Canada right? Does the life-time updates include Canada too?

Thanks

EDITING: In for 1... especially since brand new option is like 178 according to amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Wide...ds=2460LMT

what is the "traffic" option all about?

thanks

TooCheap2Quit 11-23-2012 11:23 AM

Thanks and Repped OP!

Needed another Garmin :)

audiokingman 11-23-2012 11:24 AM

Where are the smarty pants asking "Do people still use stand alone GPS units?"??

Quote:

Originally Posted by wluk (Post 55170516)
don't forget to use mr re ba te for another 1%

E bates gives you 100% higher cash back than that (2%).

jstpsntym 11-23-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefofStaff (Post 55169346)
Does it come with warranty?

This is from Garmin's website:

Can I purchase Garmin products from eBay?
Email this Answer
Print this Answer
08/15/2012
Garmin does offer a limited number of new products for sale on the Garmin eBay store with a Buy It Now option. The full Garmin warranty is provided on these products. If refurbished Garmin products are available on Garmin's eBay store, these will also have the full Garmin warranty.

Other online auctions of Garmin products on eBay do not offer these same benefits. Products sold through online auctions are not eligible for rebates or other special offers from Garmin. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction.

rkuochh 11-23-2012 11:31 AM

Is this a black friday deal?

This or the Costco TOMTOM 1605TM

FreeFreak 11-23-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan278 (Post 55185988)
How to take advantage of this? eBay does not appear (for me) in Shop Discover merchant list. Also, would it work if one uses Paypal account with Discover Card as the method of payment?

Discover has 5% cashback for online purchases.

cteru 11-23-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeFreak (Post 55189650)
Discover has 5% cashback for online purchases.

Ebay does not have discover as payment option if you see what I mean.

mz1974 11-23-2012 12:19 PM

In for 2, thanks

igaming 11-23-2012 12:21 PM

What the difference in processor speed between the nuvi 2460LMT and the nuvi 50LM?

Do they calculate routes and are the menus both as responsive or is one quicker than the other?

This would be helpful to know

morfinx 11-23-2012 12:31 PM

Not trying to troll, but a honest question - what is this advantage of using something like this vs just using Google Navigation on my smartphone? I feel like traffic is a lot more reliable on Google Nav.

zc8 11-23-2012 12:40 PM

Very good deal. Too bad I do not need it.

shjaythi 11-23-2012 12:57 PM

* Reliable Connection. Won't lose signal often like Cell Phone.
* Won't drain the Cell Phone Battery quickly.

As you said, Smart Phone is much more powerful on Traffic & POI. For me, losing the GPS signal on Smart Phone on a confusing Junction or the Smart Phone getting heated up after prolonged usage (> 15-30 min) is a deal breaker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morfinx (Post 55192528)
Not trying to troll, but a honest question - what is this advantage of using something like this vs just using Google Navigation on my smartphone? I feel like traffic is a lot more reliable on Google Nav.


jimbeau 11-23-2012 02:41 PM

In for 2?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mz1974 (Post 55191762)
In for 2, thanks

You must be convinced this is the best deal out there.
Is anyone paying extra for the warranty? TIA

JerMe 11-23-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shjaythi (Post 55193886)
* Reliable Connection. Won't lose signal often like Cell Phone.
* Won't drain the Cell Phone Battery quickly.

As you said, Smart Phone is much more powerful on Traffic & POI. For me, losing the GPS signal on Smart Phone on a confusing Junction or the Smart Phone getting heated up after prolonged usage (> 15-30 min) is a deal breaker.

Agreed - nothing is worse than being lost in a city and your mobile GPS thinks you are 2 blocks away heading in the opposite direction! I prefer the smartphone interface (Waze, Scout, hell even iOS 6 Maps) but I'm a firm believer in having a dedicated GPS for driving.

ejvyas 11-23-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan278 (Post 55185988)
How to take advantage of this? eBay does not appear (for me) in Shop Discover merchant list. Also, would it work if one uses Paypal account with Discover Card as the method of payment?

Just buy it online. Discover has 5% CB for all online purchases

MephistoMyHero 11-23-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbeau (Post 55199530)
You must be convinced this is the best deal out there.
Is anyone paying extra for the warranty? TIA

As far as I can tell, it comes with a year warranty from Garmin. Where does it say you have to buy a warranty?

morfinx 11-23-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerMe (Post 55199908)
Agreed - nothing is worse than being lost in a city and your mobile GPS thinks you are 2 blocks away heading in the opposite direction! I prefer the smartphone interface (Waze, Scout, hell even iOS 6 Maps) but I'm a firm believer in having a dedicated GPS for driving.

Do you guys lose GPS signal often on your phone? I haven't had that problem on my GS3.

mutantblack 11-23-2012 04:15 PM

I was planning to get 50lm but this is better even though it's refurbished. Thanks OP.

Brighton 11-23-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morfinx (Post 55192528)
Not trying to troll, but a honest question - what is this advantage of using something like this vs just using Google Navigation on my smartphone? I feel like traffic is a lot more reliable on Google Nav.

I use Google Maps/Nav for traffic but I prefer a Garmin GPS for voice guidance. I plan to use this Garmin's route storage feature via PC software to create custom routes. I often prefer my own route. I find the voice guidance much harder to understand on my Droid 3 than on a Garmin GPS on the dash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morfinx (Post 55203122)
Do you guys lose GPS signal often on your phone? I haven't had that problem on my GS3.

It is loss of data connection that is a issue. I traveled to 12 national parks this summer and some has no voice signal much less data connection throughout much of the park. I just drove on a major highway in the midwest today in an urban area found that the Verizon data connection dropped to a 1X connection for at least 10 miles. Opening a webpage at that point took forever. Is Google Nav useful on a 1X connection? If I relied on a cell phone for GPS I would buy an app that stored the map data on the phone. While on vacation with my wife used a Garmin GPS on the dash while I used Microsoft Streets and Trips as a passenger for route planning and to find motels near my destination. Traffic was not an issue for most of our 6000 trip so I seldom used Waz or Google Nav The bigger the screen the better when using GPS for more than just voice guidance.

I have to plug my cell phone into a charger while using Waz or Google Nav to prevent it from quickly draining my battery while my dash GPS units seen to run much longer on battery.

i4k20c 11-23-2012 05:47 PM

So does this come with a warranty or not?

SD4ever 11-23-2012 07:01 PM

in 4 1.over 3000 units sold. what questions do you have?

Ryan456789 11-23-2012 08:46 PM

3,350 sold. wow.

3x more sold in this listing than Garmin has for a feedback rating

nabwong 11-23-2012 08:48 PM

Caved and bought one!

snowcrashed 11-23-2012 09:08 PM

i want to actually buy two to replace my c550 or c580 and for my sister, but i didn't realize they charge tax, at least for nc? item location says kansas i think.

murty 11-23-2012 09:33 PM

In for 1.

alchemista 11-23-2012 09:42 PM

got the 50LM refurb'd for $79.99+tax. Is this one really worth $20 more?

EDIT: went for the 2460LMT, no tax on ebay + ebay bucks + e.b.a.tes make it about $95, only $10 more. Resale value of 2460LMT is more than $10 difference from 50LM so should hold value a little better too.

BTW - AMEX does cover refurb items in their warranty extension, they are the only CC I think that does that

shykathir 11-23-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchemista (Post 55218832)
got the 50LM refurb'd for $79.99+tax. Is this one really worth $20 more?

EDIT: went for the 2460LMT, no tax on ebay + ebay bucks + e.b.a.tes make it about $95, only $10 more. Resale value of 2460LMT is more than $10 difference from 50LM so should hold value a little better too.

BTW - AMEX does cover refurb items in their warranty extension, they are the only CC I think that does that


wats is ebay bucks... how did u reduce the price to 95

shykathir 11-23-2012 10:35 PM

in for 1... $100

nabwong 11-24-2012 12:11 AM

I'm curious but how would a standalone gps like this compare to say a Nexus 7 with downloaded offline maps with software like Co Pilot?

morfinx 11-24-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighton (Post 55205044)
I use Google Maps/Nav for traffic but I prefer a Garmin GPS for voice guidance. I plan to use this Garmin's route storage feature via PC software to create custom routes. I often prefer my own route. I find the voice guidance much harder to understand on my Droid 3 than on a Garmin GPS on the dash.

I have to admit, "Australian Karen" is the best voice :)

Quote:

It is loss of data connection that is a issue. I traveled to 12 national parks this summer and some has no voice signal much less data connection throughout much of the park. I just drove on a major highway in the midwest today in an urban area found that the Verizon data connection dropped to a 1X connection for at least 10 miles. Opening a webpage at that point took forever. Is Google Nav useful on a 1X connection? If I relied on a cell phone for GPS I would buy an app that stored the map data on the phone. While on vacation with my wife used a Garmin GPS on the dash while I used Microsoft Streets and Trips as a passenger for route planning and to find motels near my destination. Traffic was not an issue for most of our 6000 trip so I seldom used Waz or Google Nav The bigger the screen the better when using GPS for more than just voice guidance.

I have to plug my cell phone into a charger while using Waz or Google Nav to prevent it from quickly draining my battery while my dash GPS units seen to run much longer on battery.
FYI, as of June this year, you can pre-cache map data in Google Maps so nav works even without a data connection.

Strength 11-24-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igaming (Post 55191888)
What the difference in processor speed between the nuvi 2460LMT and the nuvi 50LM?

Do they calculate routes and are the menus both as responsive or is one quicker than the other?

This would be helpful to know


I've owned several Garmin way back from when they costed $500.

The current one I use is the 50lm. The 50lm can find satellites VERY quickly which is awesome. However, it has :vomit: processor speeds:vomit: that will make you pissed off and feel like you want to crush the unit by throwing it out onto the freeway while you're driving 100mph. For instance it can only type 1 character per second max, if you type to fast it will ignore your quick typing speeds. Also, maps take a while to load when you zoom out. I honestly hate the 50LM series simply for this reason and refuse to buy another Garmin until I can make sure it's fast enough to catch up to my slow typing speeds!

dealsdyker 11-24-2012 06:20 AM

No deals on new maps for the old Garmin's I have, and this has lifetime maps. Sold! Too bad Garmin doesn't have a $25 map pack or something cheap like that.

JohnRambo 11-24-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kippcam (Post 55186394)
This is a good unit and a good deal. It's basically the full featured 2011 model, just below the premium 37xx series. Functionally, it's way better than the 50LM that you see in a lot of BF deals. The 50 is their most basic 5" model. You can't even add traffic to that one if you wanted to.

On this unit:
- You can add or correct the speed limit on a road. Very handy! Not even the newer 2xx5 series can do this.
- You get a powered cradle so you don't have to unplug the USB power cable all the time when removing the unit from the car. Even the newer 2xx5 series don't have this powered cradle.
- You get voice command and Bluetooth
- You can create and save up to 100 routes and 1000 waypoints
- You can customize the main screen
- You can add custom avoidances and advance detours
- Build quality is better and looks more expensive then 30, 40 , 50 series
- Lifetime free FM traffic. They don't have ads anymore but the traffic isn't always accurate.
- Lifetime maps with all of North America (including Canada and parts of Mexico)

Here's a good review: http://gpstracklog.com/2011/03/garmin-nuvi-2460lt-review.html

I've bought several Garmin refurbs. They look brand new with brand new accessories. They just come in a blue and white Garmin box. I wouldn't be surprised if "refurbished" is just a way to get rid of old-new stock.


In for one, reps to you and OP, she needed some.

JohnRambo 11-24-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shykathir (Post 55220586)
wats is ebay bucks... how did u reduce the price to 95


Ebay bucks is credit you get for buying stuff, you will get a few $ for buying this, you can use it in a couple months.

shykathir 11-24-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRambo (Post 55233970)
Ebay bucks is credit you get for buying stuff, you will get a few $ for buying this, you can use it in a couple months.

thank you... i bought one anyway..

topcho 11-24-2012 09:27 AM

I wonder why Garmin has so many refurbished units.

sonuj2 11-24-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcho (Post 55237356)
I wonder why Garmin has so many refurbished units.

Hmmm ... that is exactly what I was thinking as well. The reviews are great but why so many units returned or was it just a bad batch they fixed and are getting rid off. I ordered one as I could not pass up such a great deal.

vashvash 11-24-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonuj2 (Post 55239782)
Hmmm ... that is exactly what I was thinking as well. The reviews are great but why so many units returned or was it just a bad batch they fixed and are getting rid off. I ordered one as I could not pass up such a great deal.

May be people return it after their vacation?

jimbeau 11-24-2012 11:16 AM

My first GPS. Thanks and repped

nabwong 11-24-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vashvash (Post 55240196)
May be people return it after their vacation?

I actually know someone who did this. What a pos.

My first GPS too. I've always been using the iphone.

johnsm42 11-24-2012 12:25 PM

DEAD, price has increased to $110.00

Buckeyefan 1 11-24-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strength (Post 55224586)
I've owned several Garmin way back from when they costed $500.

The current one I use is the 50lm. The 50lm can find satellites VERY quickly which is awesome. However, it has :vomit: processor speeds:vomit: that will make you pissed off and feel like you want to crush the unit by throwing it out onto the freeway while you're driving 100mph. For instance it can only type 1 character per second max, if you type to fast it will ignore your quick typing speeds. Also, maps take a while to load when you zoom out. I honestly hate the 50LM series simply for this reason and refuse to buy another Garmin until I can make sure it's fast enough to catch up to my slow typing speeds!

You must have a dud. I use my 50LM every day for multiple locations. It's extremely fast to type on, and lock on satellites. Never get lost with this one. I upgraded from a 205 model which also was excellent. I just picked up the nuvi 3450 for $25 at BB and haven't used it yet. If it's anywhere near as solid as the 50LM, I'll be thrilled.

avani733 11-24-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyefan 1 (Post 55245290)
You must have a dud. I use my 50LM every day for multiple locations. It's extremely fast to type on, and lock on satellites. Never get lost with this one. I upgraded from a 205 model which also was excellent. I just picked up the nuvi 3450 for $25 at BB and haven't used it yet. If it's anywhere near as solid as the 50LM, I'll be thrilled.

only $25

alchemista 11-24-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsm42 (Post 55244604)
DEAD, price has increased to $110.00

$110 is still a good deal

Buckeyefan 1 11-24-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avani733 (Post 55245686)
only $25

$23.80 plus tax...
http://slickdeals.net/f/5450938-Garmin-n-vi-3450-GPS-23-80-more-GPS-23-80-deals-Best-Buy

i4k20c 11-24-2012 03:54 PM

im wondering whether or not i should jump on this for $110.

PeterGunz83 11-24-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4k20c (Post 55252070)
im wondering whether or not i should jump on this for $110.

Same here....

You can get a new 50lm for $100 on Amazon as oppose to the refurb. Really unsure about $110.

kippcam 11-24-2012 04:39 PM

One thing I forgot to mention is the 2460LMT has an internal storage space of 8GB. The 50LM only has 2 GB. Both have micro SD card slots, though.

minhn 11-24-2012 04:53 PM

how the hell do they have 4000+ of these refurb to sell

kippcam 11-24-2012 04:56 PM

They're probably new-old stock and they're liquidating them before the model gets discontinued.

PeterGunz83 11-24-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kippcam (Post 55253524)
The 2460LMT is vastly superior to the 50LM. Even at $110 it's still a good deal. The 2460 has the same screen size as the 50 but it's actually a little smaller and thinner than the 50LM. It has voice activated controls! It also has North American maps (USA, Canada and parts of Mexico) while the 50LM at $100 only has the lower 48 and PR. I listed some more differences between the two units in Post #37: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=55186394&postcount=37

One thing I forgot to mention is the 2460LMT has an internal storage space of 8GB. The 50LM only has 2 GB. Both have micro SD card slots, though. Garmin's lifetime maps get bigger over time (they add new roads, POIs, Junction Views, speed limit data, etc) so some users of models that only have 2 GB internal storage have to add a micro SD card after a while. With 8 GB on the 2460LMT, you'll never have to worry about this.

Regarding the warranty, the 50LM comes with a 1 year warranty. This 2460LMT eBay deal is being sold directly by Garmin so it has the same 1 year warranty even though it's "refurbished." Most of the time, these refurbs look brand new.

Thank you for the helpful breakdown. After weighing a full time GPS vs part-time GPS on my smartphone, I think at $110 this is still worth it. Ordering one now.

kippcam 11-24-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterGunz83 (Post 55254300)
Thank you for the helpful breakdown. After weighing a full time GPS vs part-time GPS on my smartphone, I think at $110 this is still worth it. Ordering one now.

No problem. Glad I could help. Hope you enjoy your new GPS!

dealbreaker 11-24-2012 07:10 PM

Thanks OP. I bought a couple of the 50lm units on BF for 99, going to try the 2460, the additional features are worth it and with 1 year warranty no concerns.

sixty 11-25-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiokingman (Post 55188364)
Where are the smarty pants asking "Do people still use stand alone GPS units?"??



E bates gives you 100% higher cash back than that (2%).

that's fault statement.

only books, toys and music are more than 1% on e bates. But both mr rebates and e bates are good cash back sites.

AceNJ 11-25-2012 05:56 AM

I thought about getting this but hesitated too long. Now at $110 I will pass.

soulgrrl 11-25-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceNJ (Post 55272766)
I thought about getting this but hesitated too long. Now at $110 I will pass.

The price is back down to $99. Glad I kept that tab open to check in periodically. I paid for an additional 2-Year SquareTrade Warranty (GPS $75-100) for 14.99 to cover me for the any issues w the refurbished unit. Still a better deal than buying new.

ChuckWagon123 11-25-2012 12:58 PM

Bought this earlier today at $110.
Is there any way to get a price adjustment?

AceNJ 11-25-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulgrrl (Post 55282942)
The price is back down to $99. Glad I kept that tab open to check in periodically. I paid for an additional 2-Year SquareTrade Warranty (GPS $75-100) for 14.99 to cover me for the any issues w the refurbished unit. Still a better deal than buying new.

Thanks for your post. I went in for one! Passed on the warranty though. I'm not into extended warranties.

jimbeau 11-25-2012 04:18 PM

I did not get the warranty. It comes with a free one year from Garmin apparently. I am hoping that is sufficient. Wondering if its possible to add the warranty after the fact. I think Squaretrade charges more after the fact.

Homeless 11-25-2012 05:09 PM

Anyone know if it would be better to buy this version or the 2555lmt?

mindfield 11-25-2012 06:41 PM

WalMart has Garmin 2360LMT for $94.98: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-...iewedItems

shykathir 11-25-2012 10:27 PM

around 5000 units got sold and the deal still live

topcho 11-26-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shykathir (Post 55309454)
around 5000 units got sold and the deal still live

Anybody get a shipping notice yet?

PeterGunz83 11-26-2012 07:20 AM

I bought this after the price jumped to $110...now it is back down to $100!

Anybody think it is worth cancelling my order and then reordering to save $10?

jimbeau 11-26-2012 09:50 AM

I passed on the warranty. Now I am wondering if I should buy it from Squaretrade with 40%off. Same price, but for 3 years instead of 2. However, apparently they do not cover ebay sales on this 40% off promo. Which means I guess it is up to $15 for 3 yrs. Makes me think that is not a way to go.

topcho 11-26-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbeau (Post 55334524)
I passed on the warranty. Now I am wondering if I should buy it from Squaretrade with 40%off. Same price, but for 3 years instead of 2. However, apparently they do not cover ebay sales.

I wouldn't have a $100 item with a year warranty extra insured. Just my 2 cents.

alphaqn69 11-26-2012 10:20 AM

Have you guys checked this out:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5585978-Garmin-nuvi-2360LMT-GPS-4-3-Bluetooth-Lifetime-Maps-Traffic-Refurbished-85

It's the 2360, for $25 less, from Garmin Ebay, and it's essentially the same as the 2460, only a slightly smaller screen

TONNAZ 11-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shykathir (Post 55309454)
around 5000 units got sold and the deal still live

Yeah, I hope this is not a Tomtom like debacle in the making. However, I read the "Revision Summary" and it appears that someone from Garmin change, among other things, the quantity for today and previous days. Seems to me that someone from Garmin is in control. I am in for one and I hope it will go through.

windwalker 11-26-2012 08:08 PM

How does this compare to the 1390LMT?
They seem almost identical except routing feature
wallyworld has the 1390 for 80(refurb)

sonuj2 11-27-2012 06:08 AM

Price is now up to $155 and over 5800 sold. Anyone get an email with a shipping confirmation yet?

baybaybear 11-27-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonuj2 (Post 55387040)
Price is now up to $155 and over 5800 sold. Anyone get an email with a shipping confirmation yet?

My order hasn't been shipped yet...

bluetrep 11-27-2012 11:41 AM

no shipping!

nedyaj 11-27-2012 05:44 PM

Just got my tracking number!

Seems like price is now $155.

gottabuylots 11-27-2012 05:56 PM

Got mine today, I live in Garmins home town. It looks brand spanking new!

shjaythi 11-28-2012 09:13 AM

No shipping yet. But the credit card (via paypal) was charged on 11/23.

topcho 11-28-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shjaythi (Post 55444826)
No shipping yet. But the credit card (via paypal) was charged on 11/23.

I think paypal does that as soon as the payment is sent. The credit card charge is not an indication of things moving forward.

MonkeyG 11-28-2012 02:47 PM

FYI, my Garmin was shipped yesterday (purchased Sat. Nov. 24). Got an email today that I've received a refund from Garmin, through Paypal for $10.89 for a "holiday pricing correction"

davlee88 11-28-2012 07:03 PM

Got my Garmin today. Looks A+. updating map as we speak

abctank 11-30-2012 09:22 AM

i got mine yesterday works good. no issues love it

nydoofus 11-30-2012 10:32 AM

Interestingly enough, I missed the $99 deal but ordered at $110 and Garmin just refunded me $10.01 without being asked.

bluetrep 11-30-2012 10:51 AM

awesome seller .:shake:


Quote:

Originally Posted by nydoofus (Post 55533052)
Interestingly enough, I missed the $99 deal but ordered at $110 and Garmin just refunded me $10.01 without being asked.


nydoofus 11-30-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluetrep (Post 55533926)
awesome seller .:shake:

Just got another e-mail

Quote:

Dear Garmin Customer:

Our records indicate that you have purchased a nüvi® 2460LMT online through our Garmin eBay affiliate store.

Garmin is aware that some customers may have been charged incorrectly for purchases made during our Black Friday sale. Garmin is committed to quality and customer satisfaction, and we are working to resolve this issue in a timely manner. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused and will be providing you a refund of $10.01 plus applicable tax for the price difference in our listing. You should see this refund reflected within the next 7-10 business days.

If you have any questions regarding this issue, you may call 1-800-800-1020 for assistance.

Best Regards,

cocoloco 12-01-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonuj2 (Post 55387040)
Price is now up to $155 and over 5800 sold. Anyone get an email with a shipping confirmation yet?


Mine is schedule delivery by Monday via UPS.

bluetrep 12-03-2012 02:44 PM

nvm.........

henp18 12-04-2012 08:25 PM

Received mine and already has been sent back for a refund. Bluetooth is horrible, can't hear the other person clearly, on both sides. The searching takes forever when looking for a specific location. Also had another incident where the unit completely froze,

Horrible, just horrible.

crono 12-04-2012 08:31 PM

Mine still hasn't even shipped - Estimated delivery was 11/28 - 12/4 - guess that isn't happening...

LooneyGoose 12-04-2012 09:09 PM

Got mine today, typed in an address and its searching for satellites. :(
EDit, seems to work now, but they sent me a car charger that doesn't fit.

henp18 12-04-2012 11:14 PM

hopefully they don't send any of you the one i'm sending back!:rolleyes:

dealfreak007 12-07-2012 09:14 AM

Mine arrived yesterday. Hooked up to to computer and updated software and maps 2013.30.

Working well. Voice command is good. Didn't test Bluetooth yet.

Brighton 12-08-2012 08:23 PM

The unit I received works fine. The unit my parents received works fine after I determined over the telephone that their's needed to have the touch screen calibrated. They had trouble scrolling down the screen and could not select the save button found in the lower right of some menus. It would help if Garmin made the calibration utility accessible from the tools setting or display menu in addition to the method detailed below that I found after a web search:

How to calibrate the Garmin GPS screens [poi-factory.com].

To calibrate the touchscreen of a nuvi 11xx/12xx/13xx/14xx/16xx/22xx/23xx/24xx/25xx series unit

1.Make sure the nuvi is turned off
2.Press and hold the top left corner of the touchscreen
3.Power the unit on while applying pressure on the top left corner
4.Continue applying pressure to the top left of the screen
5.After about 30 seconds a small black dot will appear on a white screen
6.Release the touchscreen and accurately touch the dots as they appear (The dots will change location as touched)
7.Once complete a message will appear, ‘Calibration Complete’, Touch OK


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 AM.


1999-2014