Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Eneloops $16 for 12 AAA or 10 AA + 2 cases Costco (expires 12/15) (2nd gen) (Rechargeable Pre-charged Precharged LSD batteries) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5564022-eneloops-16-for-12-aaa-or-10-aa-2-cases-costco-expires-12-15-2nd-gen-rechargeable-pre-charged-precharged-lsd-batteries)

mangodrink 11-23-2012 11:16 AM

Eneloops $16 for 12 AAA or 10 AA + 2 cases Costco (expires 12/15) (2nd gen) (Rechargeable Pre-charged Precharged LSD batteries)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Most recent mention of eneloops in the forums was a couple weeks ago, and the Costco tag seemed to imply this is for the weekend, so I'll put this here in a new thread and leave it up to SD to decide if it's a repost. (edit: people are reporting that the tags say the $4 off expires 12/15).

Anyway, this is from a Los Angeles area Costco, so YMMV on your local availability and pricing I think. I believe some Costcos get different packages, so yeah.

The aisle tag says $20 with a $4 discount ("instant rebate", which is Costco saying "instant savings").

BTW: If you've got AMEX, look up the Amex sync offer for $25 back off $100 Costco purchase if you haven't seen it already.

edit: Just felt like adding some more info:
These are the same packages that I remember from a year or more ago, so most of the SD threads on the Costco eneloops probably give same details about the batteries themselves.
Package says 1500x recharge, holds 85% capacity after 1 year non-use, 75% capacity after 3 years non-use.
Casual looking at wikipedia matches the package description to 2nd gen Eneloops.

wikipost 11-23-2012 11:16 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
Dead.

Regular price $19.99 - $4 (Instant Rebate - end on 12/16/2012) = $15.99 - Montebello's Costco (Southern Cal)
Same deal as of last week at the Overland Park, KS Costco
Same deal as of 12/9/2012 at Federal Way, WA Costco



This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.





This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

caljr 11-23-2012 11:55 AM

Bought some in-store earlier this morning when I saw it while walking the store and came here to see it posted already.

The AAAs were tagged with a star in the upper right corner, which usually means they will not be restocked, but that just might have been the store I was in.

mangodrink 11-23-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caljr (Post 55190270)
Bought some in-store earlier this morning when I saw it while walking the store and came here to see it posted already.

The AAAs were tagged with a star in the upper right corner, which usually means they will not be restocked, but that just might have been the store I was in.

Yeah I forgot to snap a tag photo but I think it said the $4 off ends this weekend.

hightop32 11-23-2012 12:29 PM

damn, killer deal. makes me want to sign up for coscto.

whoops misread thought it was both AA + AAA. still a decent deal, but now does not make me want to sign up for costco.

mangodrink 11-23-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 55192328)
damn, killer deal. makes me want to sign up for coscto.

whoops misread thought it was both AA + AAA. still a decent deal, but now does not make me want to sign up for costco.

If you've got costco membership that you use for other things anyway, or got a buddy to help you out, then $16 for how many you get + 2 cases easily beats any of the pricing in recent SD threads.

Disclaimer: I haven't been checking if there are better versions of the eneloop batteries themselves than the ones Costco stocks, and I ignore rebranded eneloops in this consideration.

lovedeals7888 11-23-2012 09:45 PM

Deal confirmed in DFW area. I was looking AAA rechargeable but only AA rechargeable available at that times. Price tag shown $4 off instance rebate.

These batteries are made in Japan, which are really nice set.

flarp 11-23-2012 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of the tag from my local store (Austin, TX). They were all out of the 10xAAA packs. All they had were 10xAA for $16. Instant rebate expires Dec. 16.

tagm1001 11-24-2012 01:24 AM

Which LA area Costco did you find this at?

Thanks.


Quote:

Originally Posted by mangodrink (Post 55187958)
Most recent mention of eneloops in the forums was a couple weeks ago, and the Costco tag seemed to imply this is for the weekend, so I'll put this here in a new thread and leave it up to SD to decide if it's a repost.

Anyway, this is from a Los Angeles area Costco, so YMMV on your local availability and pricing I think. I believe some Costcos get different packages, so yeah.

The aisle tag says $20 with a $4 discount ("instant rebate", which is Costco saying "instant savings").

BTW: If you've got AMEX, look up the Amex sync offer for $25 back off $100 Costco purchase if you haven't seen it already.


mangodrink 11-24-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tagm1001 (Post 55225582)
Which LA area Costco did you find this at?

Thanks.

Glendale

younodadeal 11-24-2012 11:17 AM

Manhattan Beach has AA's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagm1001 (Post 55225582)
Which LA area Costco did you find this at?

Thanks.

Manhattan Beach has AA's. Sale ends 12/16/2012

wolverine88 11-24-2012 06:43 PM

Picked up 3 AA and 1 AAA. I have stocked around 200 eneloops so far. Need to see a doctor for hoarding habit.

Dman25 11-26-2012 10:55 PM

went to the Glendora Costco in LA, price was 19.99 =(

nerofive5 11-28-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangodrink (Post 55187958)
Most recent mention of eneloops in the forums was a couple weeks ago, and the Costco tag seemed to imply this is for the weekend, so I'll put this here in a new thread and leave it up to SD to decide if it's a repost.

Anyway, this is from a Los Angeles area Costco, so YMMV on your local availability and pricing I think. I believe some Costcos get different packages, so yeah.

The aisle tag says $20 with a $4 discount ("instant rebate", which is Costco saying "instant savings").

BTW: If you've got AMEX, look up the Amex sync offer for $25 back off $100 Costco purchase if you haven't seen it already.
edit: Just felt like adding some more info:
These are the same packages that I remember from a year or more ago, so most of the SD threads on the Costco eneloops probably give same details about the batteries themselves.
Package says 1500x recharge, holds 85% capacity after 1 year non-use, 75% capacity after 3 years non-use.
Casual looking at wikipedia matches the package description to 2nd gen Eneloops.

I am confused, I thought the AmEx Offer only applied to Online, and I didnt see these online, which part am I missing? Are these online, or does the offer also apply to B&M Costco purchases?:confused:

nerofive5 11-28-2012 09:22 AM

I think I just found my own answer, please confirm:

You just buy a costco giftcard for 100 and then spend it? Or do instore purchases count?

mangodrink 11-28-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerofive5 (Post 55445008)
I am confused, I thought the AmEx Offer only applied to Online, and I didnt see these online, which part am I missing? Are these online, or does the offer also apply to B&M Costco purchases?:confused:

Buy the Costco gc $100 online [costco.com] for the AMEX sync. Then do whatever you want w/ the gc.

nexxman 11-28-2012 12:43 PM

Can anyone confirm if this deal is still going on?

don851 11-28-2012 01:13 PM

Sanyo Eneloop AA 10 pack w/storage cases $15.99 after $4 in store rebate Costco B&M
 
1 Attachment(s)
Was just over at a Costco in Washington to pick up some Eneloops and they happen to be on sale with an instant $4 rebate taken off at the register. It's the 10 pack with 2 plastic storage cases that hold 4 AAs each. Regularly $19.99. Now $15.99 after discount.

Costco Item number is 637494

imposteroak 11-28-2012 01:29 PM

Eneloop**

Typo might affect your targeted audience.

w777w 11-28-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don851 (Post 55454860)
Was just over at a Costco in Washington to pick up some Oneloops and they happen to be on sale with an instant $4 rebate taken off at the register. It's the 10 pack with 2 plastic storage cases that hold 4 AAs each. Regularly $19.99. Now $15.99 after discount.

Sanyo Eneloop;)

don851 11-28-2012 01:32 PM

Thanks guys. Fixed.

DarthSaver 11-28-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don851 (Post 55455626)
Thanks guys. Fixed.


repost

nergalus 11-28-2012 01:46 PM

My Costco had also 12 AAA for the same price, Pittsburgh PA

csshih 11-28-2012 01:48 PM

this price is cheaper than the amazon lightning deal a few days ago. :)

ninor 11-28-2012 01:51 PM

This is pretty old news and it's a repost.. thanks for posting anyways tho

don851 11-28-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSaver (Post 55456132)
repost

Sorry, the only one that came up in my search was the 12 AAAs for $14.99 at Costco.

Fred001 11-28-2012 02:04 PM

Bought 2-10packs of the AA..Can confirm, available in The District Costco in Tustin, California...Only saw AA no AAA available...

BloodGain 11-28-2012 02:08 PM

Good price, but most Costco members should know this if they check the coupon book Costco sends out. Reps anyway, at least you're sharing.

Also, you might want to say Costco in the title, since it's a members-only store. Just an opinion.

don851 11-28-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninor (Post 55456448)
This is pretty old news and it's a repost.. thanks for posting anyways tho

Sorry, didn't realize it was that old. The employee told me that it started on 11/23. Maybe it started earlier at locations in other states.

chris83190 11-28-2012 02:34 PM

Does the storage case have grooves in it so that when you put 1 battery in it, the battery doesnt shake around in the case?

mangodrink 11-28-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexxman (Post 55453700)
Can anyone confirm if this deal is still going on?

Some people report not seeing the $16 tag price so it might be a YMMV discount by store, best to have a look yourself if it's not too inconvenient, maybe even multiple locations if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodGain (Post 55457060)
Good price, but most Costco members should know this if they check the coupon book Costco sends out. Reps anyway, at least you're sharing.

Also, you might want to say Costco in the title, since it's a members-only store. Just an opinion.

Couldn't find it in the 11/26-12/16 mailer, and I don't have the earlier mailer to check. I was surprised to see the discount during BF weekend since it wasn't in the BF ad either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris83190 (Post 55458110)
Does the storage case have grooves in it so that when you put 1 battery in it, the battery doesnt shake around in the case?

Yep, grooved to hold up to 4AA, up to 5AAA (5th AAA wobbles), or 4AAA+1AA so the batts don't roll around. IIRC, you can find comparable battery cases on eBay for pretty cheap, so I always just count these pack-ins a bonus. Easy enough to find 2 cases for $1, 4x for $1.30, shipping from China; buying in small bulk of 8-12 cases gets them to about $0.30 each.

BloodGain 11-29-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangodrink (Post 55461030)
Couldn't find it in the 11/26-12/16 mailer, and I don't have the earlier mailer to check. I was surprised to see the discount during BF weekend since it wasn't in the BF ad either.

I don't remember if it was in mine or not, to be honest. If not, my bad, and thanks!

TheMightyQuinn 11-29-2012 11:19 AM

I have a battery charger for NiMH I bought maybe 10 years ago. Would that still work with these?

dj-3lusion 11-29-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn (Post 55493456)
I have a battery charger for NiMH I bought maybe 10 years ago. Would that still work with these?

throw it away and get yourself a alpha? shit its a fancy battery charger with a screen. fark !!!!i dont remember the damn name but its like 25-35 give or take the promo on amazon. its really nice looking and it stands out. i think the model was bc700 or soemthing

Snewpy 11-29-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 55513528)
throw it away and get yourself a alpha? shit its a fancy battery charger with a screen. fark !!!!i dont remember the damn name but its like 25-35 give or take the promo on amazon. its really nice looking and it stands out. i think the model was bc700 or soemthing

La Crosse Technology is the company I believe you are thinking of and the model most people speak of is the BC-700.

I went with a Maha MH-C800S myself... I preferred the extra bays :)

dj-3lusion 11-29-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snewpy (Post 55513920)
La Crosse Technology is the company I believe you are thinking of and the model most people speak of is the BC-700.

I went with a Maha MH-C800S myself... I preferred the extra bays :)

yeah yeah thats the one. sounds like la coste haha yeah its a good battery charger the la crosse technology or the maha

mangodrink 12-01-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snewpy (Post 55513920)
La Crosse Technology is the company I believe you are thinking of and the model most people speak of is the BC-700.

I went with a Maha MH-C800S myself... I preferred the extra bays :)

I have both, the Maha first when I had non-LSDs and wanted batts topped off, but I only pull out the LaCrosse now when I'm swapping out LSDs and getting the discharged ones recharged before going back to standby storage.

Since I don't have anything that uses more than 4 batts at a time I rarely need to recharge more than 4 at once now w/ LSDs. In addition to refresh (which the Maha can do) the LaCrosse can also test and give a max capacity to help me match batts together and also feel out if a batt is really done (just do a refresh and test, a couple times, and note if the max cap improved).

Only issue w/ the LaCrosse is if a batt is too far discharged (but still useable) it won't detect it and charge unless I pop it into a dumber charger and give it a bit of juice.

I'll pull out the Maha if I'm using a game console for a party, since there'll be some definite batt rotations, and I only use old non-LSDs for something like that.

SAN_MARINO 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tagm1001 (Post 55225582)
Which LA area Costco did you find this at?

Thanks.

Montebello

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexxman (Post 55453700)
Can anyone confirm if this deal is still going on?

Confirmed still going on in Southern California. Rebate ends on 12/16/2012.

SAN_MARINO 12-01-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodGain (Post 55457060)
Good price, but most Costco members should know this if they check the coupon book Costco sends out. Reps anyway, at least you're sharing.

Also, you might want to say Costco in the title, since it's a members-only store. Just an opinion.

This rebate is not on any coupon book. The only way to know is through SD or shop at Costco weekly.

Boggie1688 12-02-2012 03:42 PM

This offer is still going on in Northern Cali too. Just bought 4x packs of 10.

sisasa 12-02-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangodrink (Post 55447798)
Buy the Costco gc $100 online [costco.com] for the AMEX sync. Then do whatever you want w/ the gc.

Thanks for posting this. Just Ordered $100 gift card. Thanks

Rabb 12-02-2012 06:59 PM

I can confirm this in Maryland (Brandywine) as well. Both AA and aaa available at this price.

buyitjody 12-02-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisasa (Post 55606858)
Thanks for posting this. Just Ordered $100 gift card. Thanks

When I went to AMEX sync and synced my card, there was no offer for Costco. Is there a way to see all the offers or is it just what they randomly decide to show you?

sisasa 12-02-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buyitjody (Post 55608362)
When I went to AMEX sync and synced my card, there was no offer for Costco. Is there a way to see all the offers or is it just what they randomly decide to show you?

I synced it a week or 2 week before. AMEX might have closed the sign up. As soon as you see a offer sign-up for that you dont know when you will use it. I was looking for deals on rechargeable batteries and I came across this post.:woot:

mangodrink 12-02-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisasa (Post 55606858)
Thanks for posting this. Just Ordered $100 gift card. Thanks

I just pulled the idea out of the main AMEX sync thread I linked. I didn't even realize I needed to buy off Costco.com for the sync deal, bought a bunch of BF stuff in b&m, but fortunately I shop Costco often enough that I still basically get the same deal.

BloodGain 12-03-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 55570046)
This rebate is not on any coupon book. The only way to know is through SD or shop at Costco weekly.

Indeed, and I owned up after the OP responded that I hadn't verified it was in the book. I couldn't find it in my coupon book, either, after checking.

That said, my Costco was running the deal, but only had AA (nearly sold out, too). I'm in Huntsville, AL.

nerdmanxdx 12-03-2012 09:49 AM

I just went to the Morena Blvd Costco in San Diego and they had a lot of AAs at the sale price, expiring 12/16. I didn't see any AAA though.

Four1Fool 12-03-2012 10:21 AM

I purchased these a few months back--one pack of AA and one AAA. I walked in to Costco Friday to customer service and a minute later walked away with $8 and change in my hands.

TheMightyQuinn 12-03-2012 01:42 PM

I just wish I could find the AAAs. The two costcos near me only have AA.

SAN_MARINO 12-03-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman25 (Post 55377852)
went to the Glendora Costco in LA, price was 19.99 =(

U need to talk with the manager/supervisor and tell him/her that other Costcos are having this promotion. It should be $15.99 and I am sure he/she will give it to you.

SAN_MARINO 12-03-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn (Post 55493456)
I have a battery charger for NiMH I bought maybe 10 years ago. Would that still work with these?

Give your charge to the homeless. Sometimes SD has pretty good deal with battery charger on Amazon.

yeshu1984 12-03-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 55650330)
Give your charge to the homeless. Sometimes SD has pretty good deal with battery charger on Amazon.

homeless? hahahaha...

SAN_MARINO 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeshu1984 (Post 55650354)
homeless? hahahaha...

Homeless people needs battery charger too, u know? To listen to ESPN or something on his/her radio.

yeshu1984 12-03-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 55651210)
Homeless people needs battery charger too, u know? To listen to ESPN or something on his/her radio.

Agree...

SAN_MARINO 12-04-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn (Post 55493456)
I have a battery charger for NiMH I bought maybe 10 years ago. Would that still work with these?

Check this out!

http://slickdeals.net/f/5641566-La-Crosse-Technology-BC-700-alpha-battery-charger-29-FSSS

FAMIR 12-06-2012 11:29 AM

This deal is still going. Just noticed it yesterday when roaming in my local B&M.

mixm5 12-07-2012 02:13 PM

Sanyo Eneloop Batteries @ Costco B&M 15.99 after instant coupon
 
10 AA or 12 AAA batteries for $19.99 minus $4 instant coupon = $15.99 + tax

AA are 1900 mah
AAA are 750 mah

I believe the sale ends 12/16.

deaconx31 12-07-2012 02:21 PM

Repost

mixm5 12-07-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconx31 (Post 55802904)
Repost


Sorry if it's a repost.

spicytofu 12-07-2012 04:26 PM

Just saw this and was about to post. You beat me to it.

donboydeluxe 12-07-2012 07:24 PM

off topic but did anybody get a new Costco coupon booklet for december?? didn't get one.

mangodrink 12-07-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAMIR (Post 55756322)
This deal is still going. Just noticed it yesterday when roaming in my local B&M.

Yeah, some people were reporting that the tag says "expires 12/15". I dunno why I haven't put that in the title, but I guess I'll put it in now.

SAN_MARINO 12-07-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donboydeluxe (Post 55811038)
off topic but did anybody get a new Costco coupon booklet for december?? didn't get one.


Yes, 11/26-12/16. You may go to the membership counter to ask for one if they still have it.

donboydeluxe 12-08-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 55815828)
Yes, 11/26-12/16. You may go to the membership counter to ask for one if they still have it.

Thanks, happened to go to Costco this morning for a 29.00 christmas tree and picked up a coupon book at the counter area. damn mail service is always miss delivering items

SAN_MARINO 12-08-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donboydeluxe (Post 55829132)
Thanks, happened to go to Costco this morning for a 29.00 christmas tree and picked up a coupon book at the counter area. damn mail service is always miss delivering items

You're welcome! You better double check with your bank statements, credit card statements, other important letters. There's no point for your mailman/woman to steal the coupons booklet. No cash value.

Leo221 12-08-2012 08:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw the same batteries while roaming costco tonight at laguna niguel.

edit,
plenty of AA and AAA in stock.

truelies 12-08-2012 08:47 PM

A lot of people reported this, but I checked in Houston. It always $19.99. This is strongly YMMV

SAN_MARINO 12-09-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truelies (Post 55840248)
A lot of people reported this, but I checked in Houston. It always $19.99. This is strongly YMMV

Try to talk to the "red shirt" supervisor and do the price match if he/she lets you.

GodsWay7 12-09-2012 01:06 PM

Is there anyway to get these without a Costco membership? Like a free trial or something?

SAN_MARINO 12-09-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodsWay7 (Post 55858966)
Is there anyway to get these without a Costco membership? Like a free trial or something?

No trial version. I believe you can ask your friend to buy a Costco gift card and you can use it without the membership.

workingmantom 12-09-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donboydeluxe (Post 55829132)
Thanks, happened to go to Costco this morning for a 29.00 christmas tree and picked up a coupon book at the counter area. damn mail service is always miss delivering items

Did you just now realize that you didn't get a coupon book? Do you get one every month or just occasionally? You may want to check at the return desk to see if Costco has your full mailing address including apt.#. If you have moved, the coupon book isn't forwarded, it's bulk mail.

On a side note, how are the eneloop chargers? They are $6.89. For people near Santa Cruz CA, they have many AAA batteries available, not many AA.

Deal Explorer 12-10-2012 02:56 AM

Eneloops $14.99 for 12 AAA or 10 AA + 2 Cases at Costco B&M YMMV
 
Similar to the thread from about 3 weeks ago, but this was in the Farmingdale, NY Costco and the manufacturer's instant rebate was $5 off of the normal $19.99 price (the other thread was only a $4 manufacturer's instant rebate). I finally picked up a 10-pack and can now throw out all of my old AA's that despite being renewed by my LaCrosse charger over the years, just don't cut the mustard any more.

These are the 2nd generation Eneloop batteries at an amazing price. I do not know whether this is nationwide or not, so I'll put YMMV in the title, but this is a manufacturer's instant rebate.

I didn't see the Eneloops on the Costco web site, so it appears that the deal is B&M only.

Holds charge for up to 3 years.
Recharge 1500x
85% charge after 1 year, 80% after 2 years, 75% after 3 years.

Enjoy! :cool2:

macinmn 12-10-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deal Explorer (Post 55878904)
Similar to the thread from about 3 weeks ago, but this was in the Farmingdale, NY Costco and the manufacturer's instant rebate was $5 off of the normal $19.99 price (the other thread was only a $4 manufacturer's instant rebate). I finally picked up a 10-pack and can now throw out all of my old AA's that despite being renewed by my LaCrosse charger over the years, just don't cut the mustard any more.

:

What's the expiration date on this sale?

Deal Explorer 12-10-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macinmn (Post 55879240)
What's the expiration date on this sale?

I'll pop by Costco at Lunchtime and check it out. I have to return something, anyhow.

deals2008 12-10-2012 05:05 AM

It expires on Dec 15 or 16 (can remember the exact date) at my local Costco and it is a10-pack + 2 cases. I would rather the 12-pack, though.

billcsho 12-10-2012 05:26 AM

I bought one pack past time when there was an instant rebate deal. I still have it untouched on shelf after almost a year. I just got too many free batteries from Staples that I have not used rechargeable batteries for almost 2 years. I guess I should probably return it to Costco.

vixer03 12-10-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deal Explorer (Post 55878904)
Similar to the thread from about 3 weeks ago, but this was in the Farmingdale, NY Costco and the manufacturer's instant rebate was $5 off of the normal $19.99 price (the other thread was only a $4 manufacturer's instant rebate). I finally picked up a 10-pack and can now throw out all of my old AA's that despite being renewed by my LaCrosse charger over the years, just don't cut the mustard any more.

These are the 2nd generation Eneloop batteries at an amazing price. I do not know whether this is nationwide or not, so I'll put YMMV in the title, but this is a manufacturer's instant rebate.

I didn't see the Eneloops on the Costco web site, so it appears that the deal is B&M only.

Holds charge for up to 3 years.
Recharge 1500x
85% charge after 1 year, 80% after 2 years, 75% after 3 years.

Enjoy! :cool2:

I also bought 2 pack of the AA Eneloop from Costco. I was wondering if I can use the LaCrosse charger to charge them. Eneloop recommend using their own charger. Any issues using the Lacrosse charger with this Eneloop?

adamjeeps 12-10-2012 05:37 AM

Was only a $4.00 rebate in Va Beach and they were out of the 12 pack yesterday.

Deal Explorer 12-10-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixer03 (Post 55880702)
I also bought 2 pack of the AA Eneloop from Costco. I was wondering if I can use the LaCrosse charger to charge them. Eneloop recommend using their own charger. Any issues using the Lacrosse charger with this Eneloop?

I'm no expert, but it is probably OK. I know that is what I'm going to use. I looked at the packaging on the Eneloop charger at Costco yesterday, as I was curious if it only worked with Eneloop batteries or if it worked with others, as well. I don't know if this applies in the other direction, but the Eneloop charger works with other NiMH batteries, as well. I think that the LaCrosse is OK, as the Eneloop is just another NiMH battery with a lower self-discharge rate. If the Eneloops couldn't be used with non-Eneloop chargers, they would have to say so on the package, as they don't want to burn down a million houses, do they?

vixer03 12-10-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deal Explorer (Post 55882050)
I'm no expert, but it is probably OK. I know that is what I'm going to use. I looked at the packaging on the Eneloop charger at Costco yesterday, as I was curious if it only worked with Eneloop batteries or if it worked with others, as well. I don't know if this applies in the other direction, but the Eneloop charger works with other NiMH batteries, as well. I think that the LaCrosse is OK, as the Eneloop is just another NiMH battery with a lower self-discharge rate. If the Eneloops couldn't be used with non-Eneloop chargers, they would have to say so on the package, as they don't want to burn down a million houses, do they?

Thank for your input.

sic0048 12-10-2012 07:53 AM

Any charger that says it works with NiMH will work with these Eneloops. Personally I use a nice Maha MH-C801D charger which is probably more than the average person needs. But I'm a photographer and need to charge large quantities of AA batteries quite regularly.

cheapee 12-10-2012 08:10 AM

I bought two AA packs at costco last week. The manufacture's instant rebate was only $4 at the time. Charlotte NC.

I don't have a costco account so I'm still pleased I had a coworker buy these for me.

ratibars 12-10-2012 01:40 PM

When I checked at Costco, these batteries are 1900mah and not 2000mah. Doesn't it matter?.

SAN_MARINO 12-10-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratibars (Post 55899068)
When I checked at Costco, these batteries are 1900mah and not 2000mah. Doesn't it matter?.

I didn't pay attention, just checked my old Eneloops batteries vs the new ones. Both are 1900mah and both are from Costco.

Yes, I believe it matters, 2000mah obviously more powerful than 1900mah or it holds power longer.

csdx 12-10-2012 05:52 PM

Hmm rechargable is tempting, but between staples and office max, I'm set on AA and AAA batteries for the next 10 years.

stepher 12-13-2012 10:15 AM

Sanyo Eneloop Batteries, 10 pack $15.99, Sanyo Eneloop Charger (MQN06-4) $6.89 (Both +tax) @ Costco in-store
 
Apologies for delay in posting this. Deal may no longer be available.

On Sunday (12/9) I purchased a 10 pack of Sanyo Eneloop batteries (1900Ma), normally $19.99, for $15.99 ($4.00 off). The charger was $6.89 with no obvious discount, but seemed to be a reasonable deal compared to other prices I've seen for this charger. Upside is that it can do both AA (@300ma) and AAA (@150ma). Downside is you have to charge 2 or 4 batteries (no single or 3 batteries) at a time.

This was/is(?) an in-store deal at the Costco's in Mountain View, CA. No advertisement, no links to offer (sorry). (There may be a coupon associated with it that I did not have, but automatically showed up on the receipt).

Costco SKU Nos.

Sanyo Enerloop 10-pack (w/2 carrying cases) 637494
Sanyo Charger 666681

Good luck......

benben60208 12-13-2012 10:25 AM

Repost: http://slickdeals.net/f/5564022-Eneloops-16-for-12-AAA-or-10-AA-2-cases-Costco-expires-12-15-2nd-gen-Rechargeable-Pre-charged-Precharged-LSD-batteries

sffire 12-14-2012 06:20 AM

Has anybody found AAA batteries recently at a Costco in the San Francisco Bay area?

tk15 12-14-2012 02:05 PM

Costco Sanyo Eneloop 10xAA - $16 + tax
 
Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries - 10 x AA + 2 plastic battery cases for
$19.99 (instant rebate $4) + tax

edited the title to correct my bad math, sorry guys.

maharadhi 12-14-2012 02:16 PM

$19.99 - $4 instant rebate = $15.99 + tax ???

joel22484 12-14-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk15 (Post 56064226)
Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries - 10 x AA + 2 plastic battery cases for
$19.99 (instant rebate $4) + tax

Did you bother to search for costco eneloop before posting this? And yes, your math is pretty bad.

kcgolfer816 12-14-2012 02:19 PM

I think u mean $15.99. Which has already been posted.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5564022-Eneloops-16-for-12-AAA-or-10-AA-2-cases-Costco-expires-12-15-2nd-gen-Rechargeable-Pre-charged-Precharged-LSD-batteries

tk15 12-14-2012 02:23 PM

Sorry guys.. yes. it's a repost. I did search but maybe my search is just as bad as my math.

Greatbam 12-14-2012 02:27 PM

repost

45root 12-14-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk15 (Post 56064902)
Sorry guys.. yes. it's a repost. I did search but maybe my search is just as bad as my math.

dont worry man. that happens to me sometimes too. some people find deals. some people find something to complain about. They have nothing better to do than to knock you.

georgi55 12-14-2012 03:49 PM

Delete me

Ride_The_Sky 12-15-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolverine88 (Post 55257436)
Picked up 3 AA and 1 AAA. I have stocked around 200 eneloops so far. Need to see a doctor for hoarding habit.

At least you don't have OCD, then you would have to keep them charged...

Nate650 12-15-2012 12:39 PM

Sanyo Eneloop AA recharageable batteries, 10 pack $15.99 @ Costco B&M
 
1 Attachment(s)
Costco (in store only) has Sanyo Eneloop AA rechargeable batteries, 10 pack, for $15.99 ($19.99 - $4 Mfr's Instant Rebate). Also comes with two plastic storage cases which old 4 batteries each. Item number 637494. Expires 12/16/12.

Repost, sorry about that. It must have been in the earlier results and plus I included 15.99 in my search (but 16 is in the title instead).

taar44 12-15-2012 12:54 PM

Repost.....

SAN_MARINO 12-15-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablocordoba (Post 56090870)
At least you don't have OCD, then you would have to keep them charged...

Glad to see you again at this post again!

What is OCD? Thanks!

SpinControl 12-15-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56091220)
Glad to see you again at this post again!

What is OCD? Thanks!

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

SAN_MARINO 12-15-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinControl (Post 56091278)
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Thanks and repped.

userix 12-15-2012 01:55 PM

Sucks how they went with some fruity color themes. I liked the old school pure white look

silvery79 12-16-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sffire (Post 56046702)
Has anybody found AAA batteries recently at a Costco in the San Francisco Bay area?

wondering the same....

Ride_The_Sky 12-16-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56091220)
Glad to see you again at this post again!

What is OCD? Thanks!

Hey there! :wave:

Yes, someone posted the answer already..
By the way, I stopped by costco today, and these were still on sale, but they did not have any AAA's. I don't think they were out, they just did not put any on shelves at all. At $16+Tax these are still one hell of a deal, but nobody still did not answer if these lose capacity over time (not charge, but actually ability to be charged up to %100, and then holding that charge) Otherwise they had a very good deal on 28-36 pack AA and AAA duracell as well.

mangodrink 12-18-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablocordoba (Post 56129984)
Hey there! :wave:

Yes, someone posted the answer already..
By the way, I stopped by costco today, and these were still on sale, but they did not have any AAA's. I don't think they were out, they just did not put any on shelves at all. At $16+Tax these are still one hell of a deal, but nobody still did not answer if these lose capacity over time (not charge, but actually ability to be charged up to %100, and then holding that charge) Otherwise they had a very good deal on 28-36 pack AA and AAA duracell as well.

Check out the Amazon review [amazon.com] by NLee on the 1500 Eneloop, which are very likely to be the same batteries as the ones from Costco (2nd gens, 1500 cycles) (which NLee also reviewed [amazon.com]). Eneloops seem to be the best at keeping their charge and capacity over time, but I haven't read up on how tests actually show that capacity changing over time (across the 1500 recharge cycles).

Also try searches on "eneloop capacity over time". I found this [candlepowerforums.com]and this [candlepowerforums.com]at candlepowerforums, and they can get pretty deep about batteries. Rough conclusions were that after a couple years in storage or after a dozen recharge cycles they still recharge to like new.

You should also ask Costco staff if they're out of an item when you don't see any on the shelf. Chances are they really are out, but if they still have any in pallets, all the Costcos I've been to make an effort to put product out.

Ride_The_Sky 12-18-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangodrink (Post 56176184)
Check out the Amazon review [amazon.com] by NLee on the 1500 Eneloop, which are very likely to be the same batteries as the ones from Costco (2nd gens, 1500 cycles) (which NLee also reviewed [amazon.com]). Eneloops seem to be the best at keeping their charge and capacity over time, but I haven't read up on how tests actually show that capacity changing over time (across the 1500 recharge cycles).

Also try searches on "eneloop capacity over time". I found this [candlepowerforums.com]and this [candlepowerforums.com]at candlepowerforums, and they can get pretty deep about batteries. Rough conclusions were that after a couple years in storage or after a dozen recharge cycles they still recharge to like new.

You should also ask Costco staff if they're out of an item when you don't see any on the shelf. Chances are they really are out, but if they still have any in pallets, all the Costcos I've been to make an effort to put product out.

Great info, thank you.
I asked the staff, he just shrugged and said no AAA's.. :(

SAN_MARINO 12-18-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablocordoba (Post 56180888)
Great info, thank you.
I asked the staff, he just shrugged and said no AAA's.. :(

Costco employees can be lazy too, but not as bad as Walmart's. I found Target has the best employees. They will tried their best to find the stuff you wanted.

gomike 12-28-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56185628)
Costco employees can be lazy too, but not as bad as Walmart's. I found Target has the best employees. They will tried their best to find the stuff you wanted.

Thats because there is no one in Target and they are bored stiff

sisasa 12-28-2012 10:01 AM

I tried in couple of costco in NJ area both are out with AAA batteries . I picked up one pack of AA battery and they also have the Sanyo charger for $ 6 + Tax ( Selling in amazon for 10$ to 12$ )

SAN_MARINO 12-28-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 56446042)
Thats because there is no one in Target and they are bored stiff

My local Target is quite busy, off course not as bad as Walmart. Plus, Target treats their employees better.

Ride_The_Sky 12-28-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisasa (Post 56446248)
I tried in couple of costco in NJ area both are out with AAA batteries . I picked up one pack of AA battery and they also have the Sanyo charger for $ 6 + Tax ( Selling in amazon for 10$ to 12$ )

It sucks that most costcos are out of AAA's.. I lost a lot of my AAA's.

SpinControl 12-28-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablocordoba (Post 56446640)
It sucks that most costcos are out of AAA's.. I lost a lot of my AAA's.

Are these still on sale at Costco?

gomike 12-28-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 56446460)
My local Target is quite busy, off course not as bad as Walmart. Plus, Target treats their employees better.

But not their guests

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinControl (Post 56446658)
Are these still on sale at Costco?

no they are not

Ride_The_Sky 12-28-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 56446666)
But not their guests



no they are not

Even if they are not on sale, they are still better price than online.
I don't mind few cents difference if I am just getting one pack. Otherwise I will still end up ordering online.

What do you guys use to measure battery level? I got a $1 monoprice tester like 2yrs ago, it looks like it is working but I seriously think it is not %100 accurate with rechargables..
Maybe I should just use multimeter?

SAN_MARINO 12-28-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablocordoba (Post 56446904)
Even if they are not on sale, they are still better price than online.
I don't mind few cents difference if I am just getting one pack. Otherwise I will still end up ordering online.

What do you guys use to measure battery level? I got a $1 monoprice tester like 2yrs ago, it looks like it is working but I seriously think it is not %100 accurate with rechargables..
Maybe I should just use multimeter?

walmart.com or target.com???

SAN_MARINO 12-28-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 56446666)
But not their guests



no they are not

What do you mean by "not their guests"?

SpinControl 12-28-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablocordoba (Post 56446904)
Maybe I should just use multimeter?

I use a multimeter. I have one of those analog meters from meritline. Very very useful to show that something is dead; otherwise, useless to indicate the amount of juice left.

brimorga 01-23-2013 06:31 PM

Do they still sell eneloop at Costco? Mine has been completely out the last 2 times.

ozmotion 01-23-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brimorga (Post 57074220)
Do they still sell eneloop at Costco? Mine has been completely out the last 2 times.

The promotion is over. But thanks for getting my hopes up by bumping this thread!

OneEyedWillie 01-23-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brimorga (Post 57074220)
Do they still sell eneloop at Costco? Mine has been completely out the last 2 times.

I buy them up just before you go.

smikwily 01-23-2013 06:36 PM

They had chargers only and the charger/AA packs at our store tonight.

brimorga 01-23-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozmotion (Post 57074260)
Quote:

Originally Posted by brimorga (Post 57074220)
Do they still sell eneloop at Costco? Mine has been completely out the last 2 times.

The promotion is over. But thanks for getting my hopes up by bumping this thread!

Sorry about that. But I'm not talking about the promo, I'm talking about selling them period. I would have thought they would reorder by now.

I hope it's not that and it's because they are waiting on a 3rd generation. 10000 recharges!! (Just made that up)

SAN_MARINO 01-23-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brimorga (Post 57074220)
Do they still sell eneloop at Costco? Mine has been completely out the last 2 times.

Eneloop batteries are wiped out clean in my store.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 AM.


1999-2014