Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Black Ops 2 $50 at Amazon FSSS (Xbox 360 and PS3) (http://slickdeals.net/f/5568340-black-ops-2-50-at-amazon-fsss-xbox-360-and-ps3)

ooandyb 11-23-2012 09:17 PM

Black Ops 2 $50 at Amazon FSSS (Xbox 360 and PS3)

65535 Attachment(s)
Add to cart to see price

Xbox 360:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...PDKIKX0DER

PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-B...+ops+2+ps3

wikipost 11-23-2012 09:17 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

FREE One-Day Shipping if you purchase this item using your Discover Card or Cashback BonusĀ®. Enter code DSCVRHSP at checkout.

TheGMan 11-23-2012 09:20 PM

Decent deal for not being full price (BJ's has every day for $53) but hesitant to pull the trigger thinking it'll still be lower in the next few weeks.

ooandyb 11-23-2012 09:22 PM

Yeah I've got it sitting in my cart right now. I think I'm going to buy it by Monday night anyway so I'm wondering if I want to gamble or not. I have my doubts about it dropping below $50 anytime soon.

i_is_surf 11-23-2012 10:39 PM

Uh, have you not seen this deal? http://slickdeals.net/f/5563100-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-for-Xbox-40AR

That's where I bought mine today.

TheJuice 11-23-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_is_surf (Post 55221194)
Uh, have you not seen this deal? http://slickdeals.net/f/5563100-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-for-Xbox-40AR

That's where I bought mine today.

Personally, I'd rather pay $50 rather than having to pay full price and fill out rebates to get down to $40. Plus, Amazon is tax free for me and Tigerdirect is not.

Thanks OP. Even though it's a newer release, I was really surprised to see so few deals on this game.

kicker618 11-23-2012 10:54 PM

even for $50 I'll hold off

.. $30 is my price point no rush

krayzie 11-23-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuice (Post 55221280)
Personally, I'd rather pay $50 rather than having to pay full price and fill out rebates to get down to $40. Plus, Amazon is tax free for me and Tigerdirect is not.

Thanks OP. Even though it's a newer release, I was really surprised to see so few deals on this game.

Also rebates are worthless if you're giving this as a gift. I sure as hell am not asking the person for their upc after X-mas...

Uvs 11-23-2012 11:45 PM

This one doesn't have the nuketown 2025 bonus map. The toyrus one selling through ebay come with the map.

Moneynevrsleeps 11-24-2012 05:40 AM

PS3 Call of Duty Black Ops II Amazon $49.99

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-B...pd_cp_vg_3

Jackal83 11-24-2012 05:47 AM

nice find, cheapest it's been for ps3 since pre-orders

kmmafication 11-24-2012 07:02 AM

might be front page if tigerdirect doesn't bring their sale back in stock, wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait until cyber monday to see if I can get the TD deal or equivalent

MLouise 11-24-2012 07:17 AM

thanks! In for one! - been waiting for their prize to go down.

still shows OOS for me @ Tigerdirect, CC & CompUSA
Plus, I'd rather have an immediate discount than wait for a $20 rebate from
companies in transition

v0vax 11-24-2012 09:12 AM

Got it! thanks! Tigerdirects taxes and rebate is a no deal for me! with Discover this deal comes out almost the same as TG!

v0vax 11-24-2012 09:17 AM

FYI if using discover!

FREE One-Day Shipping if you purchase this item using your Discover Card or Cashback BonusĀ®. Enter code DSCVRHSP at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

wantnano 11-24-2012 09:18 AM

toys r us costs the same with a free map and in-store pickup

Tola - Mama 11-24-2012 09:18 AM

Halo4 Lightening deal rite now is 59.99 + 20$ Amazon Gift Card +10$ Video credit.

I will wait for that promotion to come through and then by Black OpsII

mknlb50 11-24-2012 09:20 AM

Yep. This is definitely going to hit $30 by the end of next month. I'll wait for Xmas sales.

StutterFace 11-24-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uvs (Post 55223186)
This one doesn't have the nuketown 2025 bonus map. The toyrus one selling through ebay come with the map.

Lame how they removed the full-time Nuketown matchmaking. Now they just sprinkle it around randomly.These are selling for $50-55 used on eBay, just sold mine for $53 without the Nuketown map.

focused313 11-24-2012 09:45 AM

I want this game, but I'll wait for better pricing. I know it'll come down eventually, I just don't know when.

wlawless319 11-24-2012 09:56 AM

Still not enough to make me pull the trigger on this. There will eventually be a better deal here soon.

turls 11-24-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknlb50 (Post 55237066)
Yep. This is definitely going to hit $30 by the end of next month. I'll wait for Xmas sales.

CoD games do not typically drop that quick. Good luck with that though.

aznalan15 11-24-2012 10:21 AM

Are you guys waiting for it to get cheaper just to play the single player mode?

I paid 50 bucks for this on release day and have probably played my moneys worth already in multi player alone without touching single player.

Car0linaGirl 11-24-2012 11:43 AM

I was hoping there would be a Black Friday deal, so I guess i'll go pick up my pre-order at Gamestop today. Any 360 players on here? How's Black Ops 2 compared to the first one??

Howerbeek 11-24-2012 01:22 PM

Amazon Reviews Destroy This game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car0linaGirl (Post 55242944)
I was hoping there would be a Black Friday deal, so I guess i'll go pick up my pre-order at Gamestop today. Any 360 players on here? How's Black Ops 2 compared to the first one??

I've not played but the reviews on Amazon are bad enough to make me stay clear for a much cheaper price point. Aside from issues about not having access to the free Nuketown map, people are upset about the maps, guns, and gameplay. Maps aren't designed well, guns are sketchy and don't seem to provide anything new, gameplay is worse than first one. Graphics are an upgrade though. Again, this is all from Amazon review, nothing I've seen personally. I only get this to play with friends online, don't care about the series or even the style all that much.

sofeisty 11-24-2012 01:28 PM

Thanks for this. Was just looking at this a little bit ago and thought, nope. Checked here and saw your post. Same thing happened earlier with CODBO2. SD rules. I wish I'd had that luck with the cat trees and cameras. :)

ooandyb 11-24-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howerbeek (Post 55246768)
I've not played but the reviews on Amazon are bad enough to make me stay clear for a much cheaper price point. Aside from issues about not having access to the free Nuketown map, people are upset about the maps, guns, and gameplay. Maps aren't designed well, guns are sketchy and don't seem to provide anything new, gameplay is worse than first one. Graphics are an upgrade though. Again, this is all from Amazon review, nothing I've seen personally. I only get this to play with friends online, don't care about the series or even the style all that much.

Because this series has gained such an incredible amount of popularity, it's pretty much the "in thing" to hate on these games nowadays. I've got a sneaking suspicion a good portion of the negative reviews are from people that haven't even bought and/or played the game.

I played a decent amount of the multiplayer, which is what the vast majority of people are buying this game for, and it felt pretty good. Obviously there will be issues with lag at some point but I really didn't run into much. It uses the halo system for matchmaking to find players around your skill level, which I don't necessarily like but it's not something that bothers me too much. I really like the new pick 10 system for setting up my class. You can get multiple perks in the same category or put a bunch of attachments on a gun which I think is pretty awesome. UAVs now give you +10 assists every time a teammate gets a kill, which adds up to your next killstreak (which is based on points rather than kills), and I think that's a great idea.

If you like zombies, they've changed it up quite a bit but my first impressions were very good. I've heard you can basically complete challenges to get permanent perks. I'm not totally sure how it works but it sounds pretty awesome.

As for the campaign, I read some reviews complaining that it was a standard 4 hour CoD campaign. I told my friend this, who just finished the campaign and he couldn't believe that someone could even do that on recruit. So it's tough to judge by the amazon reviews who is just trying to hurt activision and who actually played the game. There are challenges in the game and if you do the 100% achievement thing it's going to be a huge pain, but I can get over that.

Anyway, I haven't played a ton but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it quite a bit. Admittedly, I've been a huge fan of the zombies mode since World at War, so I might be a little biased toward treyarch, while other people seem to favor infinity ward. Either way, these games have a history of not dropping in price for a while, and a bunch of my friends already have it, so I pulled the trigger.

charl1exbr0wn 11-24-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turls (Post 55239682)
CoD games do not typically drop that quick. Good luck with that though.

haha but for a one month wait it might not be a bad idea

Car0linaGirl 11-24-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howerbeek (Post 55246768)

Yea...but pretty much all of them have had bad reviews at some point. I went out and got it tonight. I had already put $10 down on the game to get the Nuketown 2025 map awhile back at Gamestop and had 2 old games to trade in. Left out with it for about $22 :)

grim64131 11-24-2012 04:54 PM

half.com has them pretty cheap also

katai 11-24-2012 05:08 PM

Is this on sale for a limited time? I want to use the $20 amazon credit that comes with halo 4 but getting the credit next week after halo ships.

Howerbeek 11-24-2012 06:04 PM

Fair Shake

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooandyb (Post 55247972)
Because this series has gained such an incredible amount of popularity, it's pretty much the "in thing" to hate on these games nowadays. I've got a sneaking suspicion a good portion of the negative reviews are from people that haven't even bought and/or played the game.

I played a decent amount of the multiplayer, which is what the vast majority of people are buying this game for, and it felt pretty good. Obviously there will be issues with lag at some point but I really didn't run into much. It uses the halo system for matchmaking to find players around your skill level, which I don't necessarily like but it's not something that bothers me too much. I really like the new pick 10 system for setting up my class. You can get multiple perks in the same category or put a bunch of attachments on a gun which I think is pretty awesome. UAVs now give you +10 assists every time a teammate gets a kill, which adds up to your next killstreak (which is based on points rather than kills), and I think that's a great idea.

If you like zombies, they've changed it up quite a bit but my first impressions were very good. I've heard you can basically complete challenges to get permanent perks. I'm not totally sure how it works but it sounds pretty awesome.

As for the campaign, I read some reviews complaining that it was a standard 4 hour CoD campaign. I told my friend this, who just finished the campaign and he couldn't believe that someone could even do that on recruit. So it's tough to judge by the amazon reviews who is just trying to hurt activision and who actually played the game. There are challenges in the game and if you do the 100% achievement thing it's going to be a huge pain, but I can get over that.

Anyway, I haven't played a ton but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it quite a bit. Admittedly, I've been a huge fan of the zombies mode since World at War, so I might be a little biased toward treyarch, while other people seem to favor infinity ward. Either way, these games have a history of not dropping in price for a while, and a bunch of my friends already have it, so I pulled the trigger.

Thanks for the additional details. I judge Amazon reviews based on the consistency of the complaint. For instance, one major problem was some issue with nuke town preorder bonus not being available or something. Those folks gave it 1 star even though the gripe wasn't product based. I disregarded those cause who cares to me. This is good feedback though so I appreciate the response. Reps to you.

aayo3 11-25-2012 06:39 AM

What if you bought this from amazon on Tuesday at 59.99? Can I price match?

NemesisEnforcer 11-25-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aayo3 (Post 55273692)
What if you bought this from amazon on Tuesday at 59.99? Can I price match?

I'm wondering the same thing,guess i will call them and find out if they adjust the price

SheilaV 11-25-2012 02:53 PM

it's $59

I would've gotten it if it was $50 but it's $59, same as Wal-Mart
:shake:

midisam 11-26-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooandyb (Post 55247972)
It uses the halo system for matchmaking to find players around your skill level, which I don't necessarily like but it's not something that bothers me too much.

I thought this was only applicable to "League Play" and not regular matchmaking. Can anyone confirm this?

v0vax 11-26-2012 01:51 PM

Got it today, looks like it does come with nuketown, there was a flyer inside with the code to download it.