Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Window Yuandao Vido N70S 7" Android 4.1 (JellyBean) Tablet, 1024X600/RK3066 Dual-Core 1.6GHz processor/1G/8G/HDMI/Camera/NO BLUETOOTH! for $97.99 FS @ In4dealz (http://slickdeals.net/f/5573754-window-yuandao-vido-n70s-7-android-4-1-jellybean-tablet-1024x600-rk3066-dual-core-1-6ghz-processor-1g-8g-hdmi-camera-no-bluetooth-for-97-99-fs-in4dealz)

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 04:02 PM

Window Yuandao Vido N70S 7" Android 4.1 (JellyBean) Tablet, 1024X600/RK3066 Dual-Core 1.6GHz processor/1G/8G/HDMI/Camera/NO BLUETOOTH! for $97.99 FS @ In4dealz

1 Attachment(s)
In4dealz has the Window Yuandao Vido N70S 7" Android 4.1 (JellyBean) Tablet RK3066 Dual-Core 1.6GHz processor/1G RAM/8G Storage/HDMI/Camera for $97.99 with Free Shipping.

Link: http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/Dea...ra-600292/

Specs:

Operating System: Android 4.1
Model: N70 S
Display Technology: Capacitive touch screen
Screen Size: 7 inch
Max Resolution: 1024*600
CPU Manufacturer: Rockchip
CPU Model: RK3066
CPU Speed: 1.6GHz
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 1GB
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 8GB
Camera: 2.0MP
Bluetooth: NO
GPS: NO
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Battery Type: Li-ion, 3000mAh
Battery / Run Time(up to): about 4 hours
Color: White back with black face
Item Dimensions/ W*D*H: 197.5*116.6*11.5mm
Net Weight: 350g
Ports:1 x Micro USB, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Micro Sd Card slot, 1 x DC jack, 1 x Earphone jack

A bit more expensive than the ICOO D70Pro II that I posted here for $84.99, which would be justified if this thing had bluetooth as was previously stated on the In4dealz website, but this spec has turned out t be incorrect and has now been changed on the list of specs on the website.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 04:08 PM

For a minute I thought this was the Yuanduo 10" tablet marked down to $98 and I almost spit my drink out.
Nice deal on a 7" budget tablet with solid specs.
Thumbs up.

thegreatfixer 11-24-2012 04:19 PM

nice to see BT creeping in to these
Ali E has one for $98 BUT it lists it having a 4000 mAh [aliexpress.com]

xecutionkrk 11-24-2012 04:40 PM

How can you upgrade the os, any forum?

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xecutionkrk (Post 55253570)

This is Android JellyBean, though not 4.2, which is the update released about 2 weeks ago to Nexus products. Having said that, for an upgrade to the OS:

(1) The manufacturer puts out a firmware update that upgrades to the newest versionof Android (don't count on it); or

(2) Custom firmwares are produced by the community (more likely). You may lose functionality by using these firmwares (like HDMI and Bluetooth), but gain whatever benefits the newer OS provides.

It's best to resign yourself to Android 4.1 (which isn't a bad thing, since it is basically the most recent version of the Android OS), and think of anything in the future above that as gravy.

johnnyblades 11-24-2012 04:57 PM

just an fyi...this doesn't have IPS screen.
if thats important to you, go for one of the other N70 models, N70 or N70HD

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4...ps-screen/

Dbunk 11-24-2012 05:06 PM

I had a N70( not S) a few months back, nice tablet. Rooted and installed[rom] "Project Margarine" improved battery life, and even made it slicker.
Had to let it go, as the 7" form factor is a little small for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xecutionkrk (Post 55253570)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblades (Post 55254100)

You beat me to punch, there is quite a following of the N70 at SlateDroid [slatedroid.com].

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savrnot (Post 55254404)
You beat me to punch, there is quite a following of the N70 at SlateDroid [slatedroid.com].

That is correct. N70S adds JellyBean and bluetooth, but does not carry over the IPS display. Also sheds about $40 from its price.

alterego 11-24-2012 07:00 PM

How good are these tablets?

geniv 11-25-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyblades (Post 55254100)

where is a reliable place to get one of those n70HD model?
how is the build quality of this brand anyway?

I want to get a midrange $125max tablet for my 12 year old nephew and 10 year old nephew for xmas
7"
1gb ram
8 or 16gb memory
sd slot
dual core
1024x600 minimum resolution

ThatsNotADeal 11-25-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniv (Post 55271966)
where is a reliable place to get one of those n70HD model?
how is the build quality of this brand anyway?

I want to get a midrange $125max tablet for my 12 year old nephew and 10 year old nephew for xmas
7"
1gb ram
8 or 16gb memory
sd slot
dual core
1024x600 minimum resolution

I'd recommend the Ainol Novo Crystal, has a MVA screen (better than TN, not quite as good as IPS) and has good build quality:

$119.99 at Geekbuying (use coupon code DNCLWQNG to get $4 off to make final price $115.99) [geekbuying.com]

Also available at:

F&L Superstore ($129.99, but U.S.A. Seller) [flsuperstore.com]

Plenty of info on the Crystal in the get started guide on Slatedroid. [slatedroid.com]

Sknzfan 11-25-2012 11:55 AM

Is this a Designated Carrier ?..say Verizon ?

geniv 11-25-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55284344)
I'd recommend the Ainol Novo Crystal, has a MVA screen (better than TN, not quite as good as IPS) and has good build quality:

$119.99 at Geekbuying (use coupon code DNCLWQNG to get $4 off to make final price $115.99) [geekbuying.com]

Also available at:

Plenty of info on the Crystal in the get started guide on Slatedroid. [slatedroid.com]

That $119.99 anal looks pretty slick for the price. how reliable is it? what that about the geekbuy as a store are they fast?

my main concern is to just give it to them and do minimal tweaking to it as it waste my time. I want it to be a good first andriod experience
btw: what is the 3D capability of this is it the same as a Tegra2?

THANKS in advance. I want those two kiddies to have a good xmas present this year.

ThatsNotADeal 11-25-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniv (Post 55285354)
That $119.99 anal looks pretty slick for the price. how reliable is it? what that about the geekbuy as a store are they fast?

my main concern is to just give it to them and do minimal tweaking to it as it waste my time. I want it to be a good first andriod experience
btw: what is the 3D capability of this is it the same as a Tegra2?

THANKS in advance. I want those two kiddies to have a good xmas present this year.

Ainol has a pretty good rep for quality among tablet geeks. Not always perfect right out of the chute, but they usually get the firmware working right with all the hardware after a few revisions. The Crystal has been out long enough that they should have any bugs worked out.

Just bought my first order from Geekbuying on Friday, so I can't comment on their reliability yet. But I've seen a number of positive posts about F&L Superstore, and it might be worth going over your budget a bit to remove some of the uncertainties of buying/shipping from China. I'd contact them and ask your questions directly if there is a chance you will buy from them. From what I've read, they'll respond fast, and likely earn your business.

Tegra2? How about Tegra3? :bounce: Check out these Quadrant test results [vondroid.com].

geniv 11-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55286256)
Ainol has a pretty good rep for quality among tablet geeks. Not always perfect right out of the chute, but they usually get the firmware working right with all the hardware after a few revisions. The Crystal has been out long enough that they should have any bugs worked out.

Just bought my first order from Geekbuying on Friday, so I can't comment on their reliability yet. But I've seen a number of positive posts about F&L Superstore, and it might be worth going over your budget a bit to remove some of the uncertainties of buying/shipping from China. I'd contact them and ask your questions directly if there is a chance you will buy from them. From what I've read, they'll respond fast, and likely earn your business.

Tegra2? How about Tegra3? :bounce: Check out these Quadrant test results [vondroid.com].

thanks for your quick response. I did a little research on geekbuying and they seem to be a decent vendor.

and watched a video on it playing some racing game and 3D performance seems quite good. so I ordered two of them :)

The kids will have a happy Xmas this year. (it was originally a typo it's a 12 year old nephew and 9 year old niece). Their family is kinda poor and the parents is not tech savy at all with them barely knowing how to use a laptop.

going it load it up with some apps and games when they get it.

slickmig 11-25-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55284344)

Also available at:

is this crystal tablet better than the one posted in here? also anything around this price range 100-150 that has good specs but bigger than just 7'?

ThatsNotADeal 11-25-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickmig (Post 55287020)
is this crystal tablet better than the one posted in here?

Yes. The Crystal is priced higher, but you get a better quality screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickmig (Post 55287020)
also anything around this price range 100-150 that has good specs but bigger than just 7'?

Same brand, larger display:
Window N90S with 9.7" screen is $146 after using coupon code.

R0tten 11-26-2012 10:39 AM

Can someone help to tell me the best tablet for < $80 right now? The cheaper the better. I'm a casual user.

yangar 11-26-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0tten (Post 55338772)
Can someone help to tell me the best tablet for < $80 right now? The cheaper the better. I'm a casual user.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5524282-Uniden-Android-4-0-7-Tablet-1GHz-4GB-up-to-32GB-mSD-Front-Camera-59-Big-Lots-B-M?

arrgon 11-26-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniv (Post 55285354)
That $119.99 anal looks pretty slick for the price.

Best typo ever :lmao:

s2wjkise 11-30-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55252316)
In4dealz has the Window Yuandao Vido N70S 7" Android 4.1 (JellyBean) Tablet RK3066 Dual-Core 1.6GHz processor/1G RAM/8G Storage/HDMI/Camera/Bluetooth for $97.99 with Free Shipping.

Link: http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/Dea...ra-600292/

Specs:

Operating System: Android 4.1
Model: N70 S
Display Technology: Capacitive touch screen
Screen Size: 7 inch
Max Resolution: 1024*600
CPU Manufacturer: Rockchip
CPU Model: RK3066
CPU Speed: 1.6GHz
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 1GB
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 8GB
Camera: 2.0MP
Bluetooth: Yes
GPS: NO
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Battery Type: Li-ion, 3000mAh
Battery / Run Time(up to): about 4 hours
Color: White back with black face
Item Dimensions/ W*D*H: 197.5*116.6*11.5mm
Net Weight: 350g
Ports:1 x Micro USB, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Micro Sd Card slot, 1 x DC jack, 1 x Earphone jack

A bit more expensive than the ICOO D70Pro II that I posted here for $84.99, but the main difference is this one has bluetooth.

I was in for one. just received today but unfortunately this did not have bluetooth and therefore is useless to me. In the future I will make sure to double check the specs before I place an order. just a heads up to anyone who may purchase one of these in the future.

MrMonkeeMan 11-30-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2wjkise (Post 55544578)
I was in for one. just received today but unfortunately this did not have bluetooth and therefore is useless to me. In the future I will make sure to double check the specs before I place an order. just a heads up to anyone who may purchase one of these in the future.

The website says bluetooth so are they lying? Also, how did you recieve yours in under a week? Do you live outside of US?

ThatsNotADeal 11-30-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2wjkise (Post 55544578)

Are you talking about the Icoo or the Window? Clarify, and quick because you are definitely causing some concern.

s2wjkise 11-30-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55546550)
Are you talking about the Icoo or the Window? Clarify, and quick because you are definitely causing some concern.

I'm in Virginia. The yuandau that is linked to in the op is the one I am referring to. It is listed as having Bluetooth but if you check the specs on other sites it says no Bluetooth. Plus I'm using it to type this and def no Bluetooth. Was very surprised when I got it today as well. I sent an email to them will inform if any response. Regards

ThatsNotADeal 12-01-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2wjkise (Post 55551366)
I'm in Virginia. The yuandau that is linked to in the op is the one I am referring to. It is listed as having Bluetooth but if you check the specs on other sites it says no Bluetooth. Plus I'm using it to type this and def no Bluetooth. Was very surprised when I got it today as well. I sent an email to them will inform if any response. Regards

I found it on 2 other sites, and those sites describe it as having bluetooth as well. A third site, alibaba, did not include bluetooth in the description.

Regardless, if the description is wrong, I would begin by contacting in4dealz about the problem. Go ahead and save a screenshot of the in4dealz description page just to be safe. If they don't resolve the issue to your satisfaction, assuming you paid using paypal, go to paypal and file a dispute.

Can anyone else confirm that this unit does not have bluetooth as described?

R0tten 12-02-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55286256)

Geekbuying is great, actually. I contacted customer support about a few questions and they responded timely. I got my order in 2 days -1 for processing.

s2wjkise 12-02-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55563020)
I found it on 2 other sites, and those sites describe it as having bluetooth as well. A third site, alibaba, did not include bluetooth in the description.

Regardless, if the description is wrong, I would begin by contacting in4dealz about the problem. Go ahead and save a screenshot of the in4dealz description page just to be safe. If they don't resolve the issue to your satisfaction, assuming you paid using paypal, go to paypal and file a dispute.

Can anyone else confirm that this unit does not have bluetooth as described?

I'm waiting on a response from them. But I'm sure I'm out of luck. I'm not terribly upset just won't be able to do what was originally planned with it. I've checked a few YouTube videos with no mention of bluetooth and well... I'm holding it in my hand right now and no Bluetooth. If they respond I will inform.

s2wjkise 12-02-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2wjkise (Post 55598532)
I'm waiting on a response from them. But I'm sure I'm out of luck. I'm not terribly upset just won't be able to do what was originally planned with it. I've checked a few YouTube videos with no mention of bluetooth and well... I'm holding it in my hand right now and no Bluetooth. If they respond I will inform.

http://www.chinistore.com/en/chin...-hdmi.html

http://www.ipromarket.com/window-...p2421.html

First says bluetooth no... second doesn't mention it. I did find one post that was copied directly from this threads original post with Bluetooth yes in bold. Again I will inform if they respond

hwnites 12-02-2012 08:54 PM

Definitely no bluetooth and I ordered three of them because they supposedly have bluetooth. Even shows the bluetooth symbol in the picture on front of the box. Sent an e-mail, hoping to hear back myself.

ThatsNotADeal 12-03-2012 10:38 PM

Curious what the response of In4dealz will be to those who ordered. Those of you who have contacted In4dealz, please let us know how they respond.

I notice that they have changed the description to state "Bluetooth: NO" now. Obviously, they needed to do that, but they better not try to claim that it said that all along. Hopefully someone got a screenshot.

As the OP, I feel crappy that I posted this deal, because bluetooth was the differentiating characteristic of this tablet, and now people are receiving it and finding that it in fact does not have bluetooth. My apologies. I posted what they had posted, which I assumed was accurate.

dealsrok 12-04-2012 12:17 AM

$159.99 VIDO N70HD Dual Core 7" IPS 1280*800 Android 4.1 Tablet PC 16GB

This may be better for a few more bucks. VIDO N70HD Dual Core 7 inch IPS Screen 1280*800 Android 4.1 Tablet PC 16GB

$160 - Knock off a few bucks with CB

l i g h t a k e dot com SKU#59349

R0tten 12-04-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55657008)
Curious what the response of In4dealz will be to those who ordered. Those of you who have contacted In4dealz, please let us know how they respond.

I notice that they have changed the description to state "Bluetooth: NO" now. Obviously, they needed to do that, but they better not try to claim that it said that all along. Hopefully someone got a screenshot.

As the OP, I feel crappy that I posted this deal, because bluetooth was the differentiating characteristic of this tablet, and now people are receiving it and finding that it in fact does not have bluetooth. My apologies. I posted what they had posted, which I assumed was accurate.

Well you definitely are not at fault. Apparently everyone was deceived.

buzz86us 12-04-2012 07:14 AM

I am considering the Ployer Momo7 it just looks very well built I am just waiting on a price drop once the quad core processors hit in force it looks like it would be a decent upgrade from my nook color. I was waiting on the $100 Asus tablet but that looks to be a very small step up from the Nook Color...

walstylez 12-04-2012 10:04 AM

I bought that Uniden, actually TWO and brought them both back. They are slower than molasses. Installed Amazon market and then couldn't even run it.

s2wjkise 12-04-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55657008)

They said that they confirmed there is no bluetooth. "can we make compensate" so at least they are willing to do something. What that something is remains to be seen. Will inform when replied to.

hwnites 12-06-2012 05:29 PM

At least they responded to you, only thing I have heard so far is "We will look into it"