Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   iMito MX2 (sold out - now MX1) - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean PC Stick, 1.6Ghz Dual-Core CPU / HDMI / Bluetooth / Mali-400 GPU - $56.98 Shipped FREE (http://slickdeals.net/f/5573886-imito-mx2-sold-out-now-mx1-android-4-1-jelly-bean-pc-stick-1-6ghz-dual-core-cpu-hdmi-bluetooth-mali-400-gpu-56-98-shipped-free)

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 04:55 PM

iMito MX2 (sold out - now MX1) - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean PC Stick, 1.6Ghz Dual-Core CPU / HDMI / Bluetooth / Mali-400 GPU - $56.98 Shipped FREE

This is the lowest price ever listed or posted for the iMito MX2, which is the top-of-the-line model for current Android PC Sticks.

Two weeks ago, this sold for $80+ everywhere and now you can't find it in stock anywhere.
In4Dealz.com has stock and their Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deal price is outstanding. :bounce:

MX2 is SOLD OUT - Replaced with the MX1 - Same internals, SILVER Aluminum casing instead of Plastic/Acrylic - $56.98 Shipped Free [in4dealz.com]

See Wiki (next post / below) for the accessories that go with this sort of thing.

BLACK [in4dealz.com]SOLD OUT

Also comes in:

WHITE [in4dealz.com] SOLD OUT
BLUE [in4dealz.com] SOLD OUT
RED [in4dealz.com]
SOLD OUT

These are controlled in the following ways and plug right into your TV / Receiver by HDMI:
  • Wired USB Mouse / Keyboard.
  • Wireless USB Mouse / Keyboard.
  • Bluetooth USB Mouse / Keyboard.
  • Wireless Air Remote / Mouse / Keyboard.
Also, in limited ways / games:
  • PS3 Controller.
  • Possible Wii / Wii U controller.

*Edit:
Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h...re=related

That's the MX1, which has similar internals to the MX2.
The MX2 is showing higher benchmark scores on AnTuTu, based on the forum posts at Freaktab......so think of this + 10 or 20%% better performance than what you see in the video?

wikipost 11-24-2012 04:55 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

Wireless Mini Gyroscope Fly Air Mouse: LINK [in4dealz.com]
Black Doll Mini USB 2.0 High Speed 4 Port Hub Adapter: LINK [in4dealz.com]

From the deal link, but doesn't say total qty available:

- * - * - * - LIMITED STOCK - NO RAINCHECK - WHEN THEY ARE GONE, THEY ARE GONE! - * - * - * -

Here is the link to the custom ROM for the MX1, which is supposed to work perfectly on the MX2, as there are nearly the same internals, with no touchscreen / display drivers to get messed up like on a tablet version.
FINLESS ROM v1.4 [freaktab.com]

Also - before it gets asked 25 times.........:D
YES, this supports XBMC , from what all of the reviews and forum comments state - but does NOT support 1080p / hardware decoding. Having this work on Android devices is still a work in progress, so buy it for an Android device, not strictly an XBMC device.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisible man (Post 55255950)
So HOW do you use this? Hook it up to a monitor? what do you use for input? hook up a keyboard? plug it into your PC? sorry for the noob questions but i'm thinking of buying one.

Hooks up via the included HDMI connection.
Use it to hook directly to your TV or to your A/V Receiver and then to your TV.
Input is via USB mouse / keyboard / wireless.
If you look below the first post, there is a link to a wireless remote / keyboard / mouse thing for it and also a link to a USB hub adapter to give you more USB ports to add stuff.

YES, WEBCAMS WORK, if the camera supports uvc. It can be used to Skype with.

CPU: Rk3066 Dual Core 1.6Ghz (Cortex-A9)
Ram: DDR3 1GB
Rom: NAND Flash 8G
Expand Micro SD: T-Flash / MicroSD (Maximum size supported - 32GB)
Video Format: WMV/ASF/MP4/3GP/3G2M4V/AVI/MJPEG/RV10/DivX/VC-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.263/H.264/1280*720P HD 30 fps, 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps
Audio Format: Support: MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV
Picture Format: Support: Max. 8000x8000 Pixel Resolution for JPEG BMP GIF PNG
BlueTooth: V3.3
WIFI: 802.11 b/g/n
Output: Mini-HDMI Port
Ports:
  • 1 x Mini-USB, Support OTG/Host (USB port RJ45)
  • 1 x Standard USB
  • 1 x Mini-USB For charging
  • 1 x TF / MicroSD Card slot
  • 1 x Blue LED (When connected to power source)
Dimensions / W x D x H MX2: 3.9" x 1.58" x .425" (99x40x10.8mm)
Net Weight: 35g
Working environment: 5°C--35°C,30%--90% Humidity
Storage environment: -20°C--60°C,10%--90% Humidity
Safety: CE,FCC,ROHS
What's in the box:
  • 1 x AC Adapter
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x HDMI Cable
  • 1 x Mini USB / OTG Cable
  • 1 x User's Manual

Shipping Weight: 285g

KCEngineer 11-24-2012 05:08 PM

It looks pretty neat but not sure how you would use this

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCEngineer (Post 55254448)
It looks pretty neat but not sure how you would use this

• Internet
  • Streaming Video from PC to TV through WiFi
  • Games
  • Turn a, "Dumb" TV into a, "Smart" TV

Pretty long list of uses for these.
It's basically the hottest electronic toy on earth at the moment, Nintendo Wii U excluded.
Think of it as if a Google TV / Logitech ReVue had a baby with an Android Table PC. :P

micl9 11-24-2012 05:18 PM

Sweet was just about to pull the trigger on one of these for $15 more
Thanks OP! REPATYA

scrid2000 11-24-2012 05:26 PM

I'm thinking you'd be better off grabbing a used PC off craigslist and hooking that to your TV. IMO.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrid2000 (Post 55255064)
I'm thinking you'd be better off grabbing a used PC off craigslist and hooking that to your TV. IMO.

Amazon App Store + Google Play Market = 400,000+ Free and paid apps and games that you can put in your pocket and take to a friend's house.

That might be difficult to do with an entire computer hooked to your television. ;)

bkdg100 11-24-2012 05:31 PM

http://www.freaktab.com/showthrea...works-well!

freaktab review of MX1 ( metal case ) with lots of info . , same as MX2 (plastic)

rkdus 11-24-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrid2000 (Post 55255064)

Dont you think about the electricity on the used PC vs this one? noises?

rak007 11-24-2012 05:34 PM

Any video reviews out there ?
Will they ship to India and possibly mark as gift or lower value on the shipped package ?

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkdg100 (Post 55255216)
http://www.freaktab.com/showthrea...works-well!

freaktab review of MX1 ( metal case ) with lots of info . , same as MX2 (plastic)

Thanks for that!
Also, the outside of the case isn't true, "plastic", it's more of a sort of plastic / acrylic hybrid.
From what I hear, kind of cool feel to it and nicer looking in person than the aluminum.
In addition to that, the MX2 specs say that the internal layout may have been revised at the factory for better heat dissipation.

That shouldn't affect the ROM though, if the components are the same.
I was looking for the link to a custom ROM for this.

Will update when I find it.
The guy that did the one for the MK808 stick did one for the MX2 I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkdus (Post 55255238)

Equally good points. +1
Quote:

Originally Posted by rak007 (Post 55255340)
Will they ship to India and possibly mark as gift or lower value on the shipped package ?

Dude, it's China.
Go on chat or email and I'm sure they will accommodate you however you need.
In my experience, all you need to do is ask and the customer service at Chinese companies will fall over themselves to help and make a good impression.
I'll link a video review if I find one of those as well.

ragrave 11-24-2012 05:34 PM

in 4 1

kulardenu 11-24-2012 05:37 PM

Just got the mk808 other wise would be all over this.

aldamon 11-24-2012 05:38 PM

In for one and I don't even know what I'm going to do with it. LOL.

microkelvin 11-24-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kulardenu (Post 55255466)

yes. i am very mad with my order of 5 x mk808 now.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rak007 (Post 55255340)

That's the MX1, which has similar internals.
The MX2 is showing higher benchmark scores on AnTuTu, based on the forum posts at Freaktab......so think of this + 10 or 20%% better performance than what you see in the video review?
Quote:

Originally Posted by kulardenu (Post 55255466)

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55255584)

SAME......this one has Bluetooth AND cost less than I paid for the MK808. :mad:
I'm still tempted though.
I have the MK808 box and haven't touched it after I hooked it up a few weeks back.
I may re-gift it and get myself the MX2 instead. :D:D:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by aldamon (Post 55255478)

True Slickdealer.
Buy good deals first, ask questions later.
You're going to enjoy this though.
PC Sticks have become my favorite toy of 2012 and the pricing for what you get is nuts.

bkdg100 11-24-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldamon (Post 55255478)

your gonna make the "techie" in the family very happy . of course they will never let you play with it .

microkelvin 11-24-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragrave (Post 55255368)
in 4 1

are you lying? all 3 colors are still 0 bought...but deals are activated :)

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55255654)
are you lying? all 3 colors are still 0 bought...but deals are activated :)

LOL......the main link is Black, which shows 11 sold:
HERE [in4dealz.com]

There are FOUR colors. ;)

ragrave 11-24-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55255742)
LOL......the main link is Black, which shows 11 sold:
HERE [in4dealz.com]

There are FOUR colors. ;)

You are right. I bought black one. :lol:

invisible man 11-24-2012 05:53 PM

So HOW do you use this? Hook it up to a monitor? what do you use for input? hook up a keyboard? plug it into your PC? sorry for the noob questions but i'm thinking of buying one.

bobfatherx 11-24-2012 05:54 PM

I've done a Google search but didn't turn up much - can this run XBMC and decode 1080P smoothly?

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 05:55 PM

Here is the link to the custom ROM for the MX1, which is supposed to work perfectly on the MX2, as there are nearly the same internals, with no touchscreen / display drivers to get messed up like on a tablet version.

FINLESS ROM v1.4 [freaktab.com]

Also - before it gets asked 25 times.........:D

YES, this supports XBMC beautifully, from what all of the reviews and forum comments state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisible man (Post 55255950)

Hooks up via the included HDMI connection.
Use it to hook directly to your TV or to your A/V Receiver and then to your TV.

Input is via USB mouse / keyboard / wireless.
If you look below the first post, there is a link to a wireless remote / keyboard / mouse thing for it and also a link to a USB hub adapter to give you more USB ports to add stuff.

YES, WEBCAMS work, if the camera supports uvc.

megamanny2000 11-24-2012 06:00 PM

In 4 1

fireballs 11-24-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55255584)

Well then dont buy this, in the next couple of weeks the OP will post a better device or better price for in4dealz.

fatt1974 11-24-2012 06:08 PM

Wishing there was better support for the RK3066 with Linux. Would love one of these for a mythTV frontend. Would use a lot less power than my HTPC. Does anyone know what kind of voltage/watts the AC adapter is rated for?

microkelvin 11-24-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballs (Post 55256188)
Well then dont buy this, in the next couple of weeks the OP will post a better device or better price for in4dealz.

is this OP the same one who posted the mk808 last time? i am so mad at my 5 808s now. at that time, the OP sounded like it's very hot price.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55256440)
is this OP the same one who posted the mk808 last time? i am so mad at my 5 808s now. at that time, the OP sounded like it's very hot price.

Yes, it's me and yes, it was.

That was also 3+ weeks ago - which is like an eternity in the electronics market.

On a sidenote.....

I'd like to take a moment to request that NO ONE give thread trolls a platform to waste everyone's time reading ignorant comments by replying to them....if possible.

bkdg100 11-24-2012 06:12 PM

it runs off of a usb port , so 5v and 1/2 amp max .

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatt1974 (Post 55256418)
Wishing there was better support for the RK3066 with Linux. Would love one of these for a mythTV frontend. Would use a lot less power than my HTPC. Does anyone know what kind of voltage/watts the AC adapter is rated for?

You're close to getting your wish. :nod:
This MX2 uses the same RK3066 Dual-Core CPU from Rockchip.....

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4...the-ug802/

liveaslion 11-24-2012 06:15 PM

Does it support Netflix???

microkelvin 11-24-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55256512)
Yes, it's me and yes, it was.

That was also 3+ weeks ago - which is like an eternity in the electronics market.

On a sidenote.....

I'd like to take a moment to request that NO ONE give thread trolls a platform to waste everyone's time reading ignorant comments by replying to them....if possible.

the same thing from me. you guys dont have to listen to anyone who said it's super hot now and next few weeks, the same guy will announce the quad chip pc stick for the same "hot" price too.

DimitroffVodka 11-24-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfatherx (Post 55255974)
I've done a Google search but didn't turn up much - can this run XBMC and decode 1080P smoothly?

I would say no and maybe. No with XBMC built in video player. This is not going to do Hardware side decode like a G Box Midnight but an external video player might get 1080P to work.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveaslion (Post 55256646)
Does it support Netflix???

Yes.
People have posted that not only does it run NetFlix, but it runs it and removes the status bar from running along the bottom of the screen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55256674)
the same thing from me. you guys dont have to listen to anyone who said it's super hot now and next few weeks, the same guy will announce the quad chip pc stick for the same "hot" price too.

I wasn't saying you were a troll. :(
In case that was confused.

Also, are you mad because I'm posting the best PC Stick on the market at the lowest price, 3+ weeks after a low price on a completely different model?

C'mon, now......

And, Quad-core PC-Sticks are a baaaad idea. You would need copious amounts of heat dissapation and a passive cooling option / heatsink will not cut it, most likely.
And, it's too small to put a fan in.

Finally - if there's a better deal in 3 or 4 weeks on a better model, you bet your butt I'll post it. :nod:

silvermage 11-24-2012 06:23 PM

In 4 1. Been eyeing these little guys for awhile, for just over $50 its worth a go.

fireballs 11-24-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55256440)

If you bought it from in4dealz then more than likely.

The problem is that these things arent ready for prime time. They steal kernels from tablets and havent perfected the designs yet. They are still boot leg and probably will be until a major player in the mobile industry does some real R&D on these things. With all this is why you see newer and cheaper models all the time, every other day they are coming up with different ideas or features because they are usung the public as their R&D.

The potential for these things are amazing but they are far from a complete market ready product . So next week there will be a better one.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:27 PM

In4dealz is an online seller.
iMito is an Android device manufacturer.
No one steals anything, Android is open source.

I'd like to take a moment to request that NO ONE give thread trolls a platform to waste everyone's time reading ignorant comments by replying to them directly....if possible.

fireballs 11-24-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55256674)

Exactly. You have to worry about people who are trying to keep people quite. I just made a factual statement and someone is telling people to ignore me. Just do the research, if OP says so much changes in 3 weeks wouldnt it be smart to wait for a better one? A lot of the people from the last HOT deal havent even received theirs yet and now their is already out dated. SMH bad business

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:32 PM

Are you a troll?

nounta1016 11-24-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55256824)
Yes.
People have posted that not only does it run NetFlix, but it runs it and removes the status bar from running along the bottom of the screen.

I wasn't saying you were a troll. :(
In case that was confused.

Also, are you mad because I'm posting the best PC Stick on the market at the lowest price, 3+ weeks after a low price on a completely different model?

C'mon, now......

And, Quad-core PC-Sticks are a baaaad idea. You would need copious amounts of heat dissapation and a passive cooling option / heatsink will not cut it, most likely.
And, it's too small to put a fan in.

Finally - if there's a better deal in 3 or 4 weeks on a better model, you bet your butt I'll post it. :nod:

Does this play flash well? I have a lot of flash embedded videos that I watch, and I tried using my thrive to play those videos but it never works. For example sites like projectfreetv. Net

Coldpurple 11-24-2012 06:33 PM

Any of the remote control apps on android bluetooth devices (phone/tablet) supported? Would love to skip the need of the remote if possible as long as there's no sacrifice in function.
Also, average time for delivery in the con USA?

fireballs 11-24-2012 06:33 PM

No its a fact that they are stealing kernels from tablets, you clearly show that you have done no research besides the product training in4dealz gives to their employees. Do some research before you make yourself look even more stupid. LMFAO

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nounta1016 (Post 55257136)
Does this play flash well? I have a lot of flash embedded videos that I watch, and I tried using my thrive to play those videos but it never works.

You mean, "Toshiba Thrive" ?

Toshiba's tablets don't even play Flash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldpurple (Post 55257156)
Any of the remote control apps on android bluetooth devices (phone/tablet) supported? Would love to skip the need of the remote if possible as long as there's no sacrifice in function.
Also, average time for delivery in the con USA?

Yes.
Droidmote works perfectly with these PC Sticks.
Most deliveries are taking 4-10 business days based on past replies in the MK808 thread.

microkelvin 11-24-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55257184)
Most deliveries are taking 4-10 business days based on past replies in the MK808 thread.

i received mine within 10 days. i have not opened and tried them yet. will open 1 now to test with my beautiful sony 3d ps3 monitor.

avi_31337 11-24-2012 06:42 PM

I respect your expertise with PC sticks. I actually missed to MK808 deal yesterday.

Is this one as good as the MK808 or better ??

Quote:

Yes.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55257368)
i received mine within 10 days. i have not opened and tried them yet. will open 1 now to test with my beautiful sony 3d ps3 monitor.

There are quite a few reviews in the other MK808 thread about people that have a beautiful picture and that it is great.
I posted a video review of mine and it looks outstanding on my Panasonic 47" as well.
Please post up about your thoughts in terms of speed / picture.

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by avi_31337 (Post 55257392)
I respect your expertise with PC sticks. I actually missed to MK808 deal yesterday.

Is this one as good as the MK808 or better ??

It's the same or slightly better than the MK808, with the addition of Bluetooth support - which seemed to be a feature that was important to a lot of people.
At the moment, I don't need Bluetooth, but if I had the choice to make again and the price was equal - no reason not to get the one with the extra bell / whistle.

By the way, thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

nounta1016 11-24-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Yes.

It works sometimes but most of the time it will crash after a few minutes. Or it might just show a black screen. I assume from your response that the chances of this playing flash any better er is slim to none...

avi_31337 11-24-2012 06:49 PM

Thank you .. If possible please post the link to the video review you made..

Thanks again..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55257514)
There are quite a few reviews in the other MK808 thread about people that have a beautiful picture and that it is great.
I posted a video review of mine and it looks outstanding on my Panasonic 47" as well.
Please post up about your thoughts in terms of speed / picture.

Thanks!

It's the same or slightly better than the MK808, with the addition of Bluetooth support - which seemed to be a feature that was important to a lot of people.
At the moment, I don't need Bluetooth, but if I had the choice to make again and the price was equal - no reason not to get the one with the extra bell / whistle.

By the way, thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nounta1016 (Post 55257536)
It works sometimes but most of the time it will crash after a few minutes. Or it might just show a black screen. I assume from your response that the chances of this playing flash any better er is slim to none...

Sorry.
Never got around to the response part - I was sort of stumped and stopped in my tracks at the Toshiba Thrive not playing Flash video :lol:

I actually had my eye on that model for a while, but that's just strange.

Let me check on the Flash video question for the MX2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi_31337 (Post 55257592)
Thank you .. If possible please post the link to the video review you made..

Thanks again..

Not really a video review, lol.
Someone asked me to post video of the MK808 to see if it had 1080p output.
Let me dig it up....

max1001 11-24-2012 06:52 PM

Are you use this support HW decode using XBMC? Nobody got that to work on a rk3066 yet.

nounta1016 11-24-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55257600)
Sorry.
Never got around to the response part - I was sort of stumped and stopped in my tracks at the Toshiba Thrive not playing Flash video :lol:

I actually had my eye on that model for a while, but that's just strange.

Let me check on the Flash video question for the MX2.

Not really a video review, lol.
Someone asked me to post video of the MK808 to see if it had 1080p output.
Let me dig it up....

I have my thrive rooted and running on jellybean. Many apps do not run smoothly for me. It does not get any love from Toshiba developers. There is a big community of developers on a forum that fixes all the problems. But if your looking for a product that will keep updating it would not recommend it.

Thanks, I'll wait for your response on the Flash question.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55257694)
Are you use this support HW decode using XBMC? Nobody got that to work on a rk3066 yet.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthrea...#post30384
Quote:

Originally Posted by nounta1016 (Post 55257842)
I have my thrive rooted and running on jellybean. Many apps do not run smoothly for me. It does not get any love from Toshiba developers. There is a big community of developers on a forum that fixes all the problems. But if your looking for a product that will keep updating it would not recommend it.

Thanks, I'll wait for your response on the Flash question.

Found this while looking for the Flash question and my video link for the MK808.

Imito MX1 playing ShadowGun with a PS3 Controller - FPS 3D full graphics game [youtube.com]
*Edit - here's a link I found of games that seem to work with the controller: PS3 WORKING GAMES LIST [freaktab.com]

-Working-
  • Max Payne (Paid App)
  • GTA3 (Paid App)
  • Sonic CD Demo (Free Demo)
  • ShadownGun (Paid App)
  • Soulcraft Beta (Free Beta)
  • Dead Trigger (Free App)

Here's my snippet video of the MK808 playing an HD 1080p Youtube video [youtube.com]

Looks like the MX2 supports Flash video - but only from what I see in Google searches.
I think we'll need to find someone that has the MX1 / MX2 for a firm answer.
I'm also checking through Freaktabs to see if it is discussed.

avi_31337 11-24-2012 07:03 PM

Thank you .. I'm buying em...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55257892)
[B]

Here's my snippet video of the MK808 playing an HD 1080p Youtube video [youtube.com]

Looks like the MX2 supports Flash video - but only from what I see in Google searches.

max1001 11-24-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55257892)
http://www.freaktab.com/showthrea...#post30384

Found this while looking for the Flash question and my video link for the MK808.

Imito MX1 playing ShadowGun with a PS3 Controller - FPS 3D full graphics game [youtube.com]

Did you even read it carefully?
Nobody has confirm HW decode support yet. I highly doubt this will play 1080p in XBMC.
I have both a rk3066 and amlogic-mx tablet and XBMC does not work on rk3066 yet.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55258386)
Did you even read it carefully?
Nobody has confirm HW decode support yet. I highly doubt this will play 1080p in XBMC.
I have both a rk3066 and amlogic-mx tablet and XBMC does not work on rk3066 yet.

Sorry if that made you angry....I was just trying to help.
I offered the link so that people that knew better of it could read and see what the latest was.

I know squat about XBMC, because I watch movies off of MicroSD cards so that I can take the movies with me in one of my tablets for the kids.

The whole, "streaming thing" is not my area of expertise, but people seem to report that they can watch streaming movies with no issues.

Not sure how to answer your question fully, as I'm a bit out of my depth with that particular subject.

**Edit - ok, I think I see where the miscommunication is.......It does not stream in full 1080p yet with XBMC, but does support 720p HD video?
Is that what you're meaning?

Dbunk 11-24-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nounta1016 (Post 55257536)

It is possible that you're running an unsupported version of flash. I have had good luck with this method on various devices running 4.1-- [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean [xda-developers.com]

redshirt72 11-24-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55257514)

Pardon for the dumb question, but with the BT can one pair a headset and use GrooveIP and Gvoice to make and receive phone calls with this stick as well?

thegreatfixer 11-24-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballs (Post 55256892)
So next week there will be a better one.

this has the newest and hottest chip of any China box/tab
the 802, 802-II, 802-III and 808 are great and will be around a while but this is the newest kid on the block if you want more then this wait a month or 2 but then your not playing the tech game your just playing

i just ordered a Lapdock for my PI and will see if its got enough oumf otherwise i will get a Chine box and probably this one as its got some support behind it

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savrnot (Post 55258786)
It is possible that you're running an unsupported version of flash. I have had good luck with this method on various devices running 4.1-- [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean [xda-developers.com]

Thumbed up for contributing and trying to help him get his Toshiba Thrive to run Flash video.
That's still mind-boggling to me that it would have an issue at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt72 (Post 55258866)
Pardon for the dumb question, but with the BT can one pair a headset and use GrooveIP and Gvoice to make and receive phone calls with this stick as well?

Way beyond my level of expertise.....sorry, amigo.
Does anyone reading this board have one so that they can answer this question for people?

Having said that, the MX1/MX2 is listed and supposed to support Skype, so there must be some method of mic used and probably a headset would work - including a Bluetooth one.
But, again, not having one - it's tough to say 100%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatfixer (Post 55258886)
this has the newest and hottest chip of any China box/tab
the 802, 802-II, 802-III and 808 are great and will be around a while but this is the newest kid on the block if you want more then this wait a month or 2 but then your not playing the tech game your just playing

i just ordered a Lapdock for my PI and will see if its got enough oumf otherwise i will get a Chine box and probably this one as its got some support behind it

Oh. Look.
The voice of reason appears.
Repped to you as well.
Thanks for the quick breakdown / model description.

jsjunks 11-24-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55254602)
[LIST]
Think of it as if a Google TV / Logitech ReVue had a baby with an Android Table PC. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: yup, short and sweet way of putting it :lol: :lol: :lol:

helloha1 11-24-2012 07:22 PM

http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/BLU...te-600349/

They have the GS3 as well :lol:

Quote:

Shouldn't be any problems with that. Android is android, and if you have a headphone, mic, and internet connection you should be set. If that doesn't work, talkatone should. Both work on tablets and this is essentially a tablet without a dedicated screen.

itaintrite 11-24-2012 07:23 PM

Can it decode 1080p x264?

phraustyie 11-24-2012 07:30 PM

what the heck, kinda cool, im in for 1

redshirt72 11-24-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helloha1 (Post 55258962)

Shouldn't be any problems with that. Android is android, and if you have a headphone, mic, and internet connection you should be set. If that doesn't work, talkatone should. Both work on tablets and this is essentially a tablet without a dedicated screen.

Thanks for the answers guys, in for 1. Been wanting to play with one of these for a while, bought a Logitech Revue when price got cut, and that thing had so much (IMO) squandered potential. Underpowered, plus no updates and the networks not allowing it to stream from their websites were killers, we'll see how a purer version of Android plus the ability to hack it compares to GTV.

AZImmortal 11-24-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55258548)
**Edit - ok, I think I see where the miscommunication is.......It does not stream in full 1080p yet with XBMC, but does support 720p HD video?

The issue is that XBMC doesn't support hardware video acceleration on this chipset yet. I have no idea what codecs will play at what resolutions/bitrates/profiles though because I haven't been following these sticks very closely since I'm waiting for an announcement about hardware video acceleration.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Great. You just got them sued by Apple. :P
Quote:

Thanks for that info.
In my attempt to answer as many questions as possible without sticking my foot in my mouth, I overlooked the obvious.
It's Android. If it supports the protocol, it supports the devices.
Quote:

Originally Posted by itaintrite (Post 55259022)

No clue, would love to have someone chime in if they have either of the iMito models to check.
Is this common / easy to do?

Or.....does it generally require a quad-core Intel PC to do this? :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by phraustyie (Post 55259186)
what the heck, kinda cool, im in for 1

Now you're hooked.
These little PC Sticks are addictive.
It's sort of nutty how much processing and graphics power can be packed into such a little device.
These things have lots of tricks.
Please post up your impressions when you get one.
I'm on my 4th different model and a fan, so my opinions are going to be biased.

The more info people post from EXPERIENCE, the better. Always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt72 (Post 55259282)
Thanks for the answers guys, in for 1. Been wanting to play with one of these for a while, bought a Logitech Revue when price got cut, and that thing had so much (IMO) squandered potential. Underpowered, plus no updates and the networks not allowing it to stream from their websites were killers, we'll see how a purer version of Android plus the ability to hack it compares to GTV.

:nod: :nod: :nod: That's where some of the negative comments kill me.
These PC Sticks may be new tech, but they are updated constantly, open source, and even though they are made by companies most Americans can't pronounce (:D) - they throw in everything but the kitchen sink in terms of functionality - all for a fraction of the cost.

Logitech gets a free pass and these products get forum trolls. :shake:

dbpaddler 11-24-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

It seems like you're asking and answering your question since the point of GrooveIP is to use GV to make VOIP calls over wifi or data. So as long as you have wifi, there is no reason it shouldn't work on this as long as you have a BT headset paired.

uhsarp 11-24-2012 07:38 PM

what is this anyway? Does this hook into a Computer or a TV??? I see OPs posts about surfing, apps etc. but what does it actually do? Googling doesn't seem to help much.

Edit: Did a youtube search and I kind of get the idea. So I hook it to a TV using hdmi and thus use it like a ROKU box... ??

bpear96 11-24-2012 07:38 PM

I've been wanting to get one of these bad boys.

Ordered one of these to go with it http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/Min...er-600034/

Thanks OP sweet deal!

how is netflix on these things? Plays in 1080p? (on supported hd videos of course)

bpear96 11-24-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhsarp (Post 55259456)
what is this anyway? Does this hook into a Computer or a TV??? I see OPs posts about surfing, apps etc. but what does it actually do? Googling doesn't seem to help much.

It plugs into HDMI so any monitor or tv with HDMI should work. It basically puts android on your tv, full android with launcher , google play , apps etc. Good for turning your "dumb" tv into a smart tv :P This would likely be better then most "smart" tvs anyways, with full android.

here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqh3RjBwH4o

v0vax 11-24-2012 07:43 PM

Decision...decisions... I have a 2 boxees but one crapped looking to replace it with something and run XBMC. Can you hook this up to a wired ethernet somehow to make my 1080 steam better? or is the playback limited to the processing power of this thing?

smtelegadis 11-24-2012 07:45 PM

Buy it for android not XBMC. Until hardware decoding is supported on the platform and XBMC is released in at least Beta stage for android you are going to be frustrated trying to play any 1080p h264?

max1001 11-24-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55258548)
Sorry if that made you angry....I was just trying to help.
I offered the link so that people that knew better of it could read and see what the latest was.

I know squat about XBMC, because I watch movies off of MicroSD cards so that I can take the movies with me in one of my tablets for the kids.

The whole, "streaming thing" is not my area of expertise, but people seem to report that they can watch streaming movies with no issues.

Not sure how to answer your question fully, as I'm a bit out of my depth with that particular subject.

It doesn't support HW decoding via XMBC meaning it has to use the CPU to decode the video. Even 720p will be laggy at time.
While XMBC might not be a big deal to you but for almost majority of people that get this. It's what make or break the deal.
Just take out the comments about XMBC on the wiki.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhsarp (Post 55259456)

Edit: Did a youtube search and I kind of get the idea. So I hook it to a TV using hdmi and thus use it like a ROKU box... ??

Yes.
Think of Roku / Logitech ReVue, but with an internet browser, access to hundreds of thousands of free apps and games, bluetooth functionality, and the ability to work as a standard desktop OS environment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpear96 (Post 55259460)
I've been wanting to get one of these bad boys.

Ordered one of these to go with it http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/Min...er-600034/

Thanks OP sweet deal!

how is netflix on these things? Plays in 1080p? (on supported hd videos of course)

No problem, happy to help.
Please post up when you get it and give your impression!
Not sure if someone covered the Netflix question above already and without having one in my hands, I can't say for sure that it runs 1080p video, but I found this picture on the deal link that shows:

1080p 60fps option [in4dealz.com]

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpear96 (Post 55259526)
It plugs into HDMI so any monitor or tv with HDMI should work. It basically puts android on your tv, full android with launcher , google play , apps etc. Good for turning your "dumb" tv into a smart tv :P This would likely be better then most "smart" tvs anyways, with full android.

here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqh3RjBwH4o

Never mind. What he said ^ ^ ^ ^ :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55259596)
Decision...decisions... I have a 2 boxees but one crapped looking to replace it with something and run XBMC. Can you hook this up to a wired ethernet somehow to make my 1080 steam better? or is the playback limited to the processing power of this thing?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applic...&CatId=589

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55259740)
It doesn't support HW decoding via XMBC meaning it has to use the CPU to decode the video. Even 720p will be laggy at time.
While XMBC might not be a big deal to you but for almost majority of people that get this. It's what make or break the deal.

Okay, I sort of understand what you're saying - but the MK808 using the same CPU / GPU set up is getting nothing but positive response to the XBMC question when people try to run it.
In addition to this, the dedicated thread for the iMito MX1 custom ROM is stating that it streams well for most everyone that posts.

BUT, now I understand what you're saying about the hardware decoding.
It needs to use the dual-core CPU to decode, instead of the quad-core Mali-400 GPU - so it strains more than if it were able to be hardware supported by the GPU when trying to do 720p / 1080p XBMC videos and has to do it with software and rely on the CPU alone.

Mouthful. Geez.

v0vax 11-24-2012 07:50 PM

Even 720p? My other plan for this would be to have a to-go htpc with me. Have movies on the SD card and if I go to my friends house being able to plug it into their TV to watch it.

Does this have some sort of bluetooth app that we can run on out phone to control if via bluetooth?

Hai1242 11-24-2012 07:51 PM

Is the $1.99 shipping insurance necessary when purchasing this item?

max1001 11-24-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smtelegadis (Post 55259660)
Buy it for android not XBMC. Until hardware decoding is supported on the platform and XBMC is released in at least Beta stage for android you are going to be frustrated trying to play any 1080p h264?

It will not play 1080p without hardware decode support. There's no way the CPU on rk3066 is fast to decode 1080p. Even full desktop cpu had problem with 1080p till only 2 yrs ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hai1242 (Post 55259906)
Is the $1.99 shipping insurance necessary when purchasing this item?

It will just add tracking.

bpear96 11-24-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55259868)
Does this have some sort of bluetooth app that we can run on out phone to control if via bluetooth?

Yes droidmote client (on phone/tablet) then droidmote server on the imito. Will let you control it then.

https://play.google.com/store/app...NsaWVudCJd

max1001 11-24-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itaintrite (Post 55259022)

Yes, it will. Just use MX player.

AkumaX 11-24-2012 07:54 PM

A lot of everyone's questions can be answered by watching the YouTube review of the MX1 in the 1st post.

- it can playback EVERYTHING with full hardware support with the default media player
- XBMC works, but does not have hardware acceleration, so you're limited to software/CPU playback

nb1001 11-24-2012 07:54 PM

pffffffff now to run my giant old desktop downstairs or to buy this thing for $50...hmmmmmmmm

helloha1 11-24-2012 07:55 PM

Also for the adventurous, there are a lot of hacked versions of flash floating around that let you run hulu (Free, not plus) on android. For example, this. [xda-developers.com]This *Should* work on this android stick.

bpear96 11-24-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55259908)
It will not play 1080p without hardware decode support. There's no way the CPU on rk3066 is fast to decode 1080p. Even full desktop cpu had problem with 1080p till only 2 yrs ago.

It will just add tracking.

The GPU in this thing (mali 400) is actual pretty good, and 2 Cortex a9 1.6ghz cores is not to shabby either. should be able to decode 1080p video

and app that does support hardware acceleration such as MX player or dice player should be able to play 1080p video. XBMC currently relies on software decoding.

EDIT: Sorry NVM I understand what your saying now, your saying the CPU isn't powerful enough alone.

rak007 11-24-2012 07:58 PM

This might be a good deal and i am not denying it but just not ordering it because personally i feel these things are as someone mentioned before "not ready for prime time".

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55259908)

OH - if an entire Intel PC couldn't do it until just 2 years ago, it is now a bit less shocking to think this glorified stick of gum can only support it to an extent. :cool:
I wish you would have mentioned that important detail, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55260022)
A lot of everyone's questions can be answered by watching the YouTube review of the MX1 in the 1st post.

- it can playback EVERYTHING with full hardware support with the default media player
- XBMC works, but does not have hardware acceleration, so you're limited to software/CPU playback

THANK YOU. Exactly.
Repped +4.
Quote:

Originally Posted by helloha1 (Post 55260068)
Also for the adventurous, there are a lot of hacked versions of flash floating around that let you run hulu (Free, not plus) on android. This *Should* work on this android stick.

Eggggggcellent, Smithers.

Thanks for the heads up. :worship:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpear96 (Post 55260100)
The GPU in this thing (mali 400) is actual pretty good, and should be able to help decode 1080p video

and app that does support hardware acceleration such as MX player or dice player should be able to play 1080p video. XBMC currently relies on software decoding.

Repped for being my new savior to chime in and answer some of these things.
I'm going to go check on my Front Page thread from Lowes. :P

uh-oh, gave out too much rep for all of these helpful answers.
I'm on rep - control for the moment.
I've exceeded my 24 hour limit. :lol: :lol:

icon5585 11-24-2012 08:01 PM

In 4 1, are there any android apps that would allow video streaming off a nas?

max1001 11-24-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpear96 (Post 55260100)
The GPU in this thing (mali 400) is actual pretty good, and 2 Cortex a9 1.6ghz cores is not to shabby either. should be able to decode 1080p video

EDIT: Sorry NVM I understand what your saying now, your saying the CPU isn't powerful enough alone.

I am talking about XBMC. MX player will play 1080p fine.
I actually own a rk3066 tablet, trust me. I know my Chinese Tablet better than anyone on this forum, include evo.

cwindfwtx 11-24-2012 08:01 PM

Great timing-Thanks OP! Picked up a LED on Black Friday with a USB port just for this reason.

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZImmortal (Post 55259326)
The issue is that XBMC doesn't support hardware video acceleration on this chipset yet. I have no idea what codecs will play at what resolutions/bitrates/profiles though because I haven't been following these sticks very closely since I'm waiting for an announcement about hardware video acceleration.

A couple notes to clarify:

(1) XBMC does not support hardware video acceleration on ANY Android device EXCEPT the Pivos Xios, because Pivos sponsored their work to bring XBMC to Android for their media player. Back when XBMC was released for Android back in July, I figured they would add hardware acceleration to my precious Nexus 7 in a month or two. I was very wrong. Development of hardware acceleration using XBMC has just not been what I expected it to be.

The reason I felt this was important to clarify was that the way you stated it sounded like a shortcoming of this android on a stick and its RK3066 chipset. It's actually a shortcoming of the software which affects every chipset but one, and only on the firmware for the Pivox Xios.

(2) XBMC is not the only media player on Android. Many of the other ones DO support hardware acceleration of video. MXPlayer, DicePlayer and VPlayer to name a few, and the native Video Player that comes stock on Android does as well. All you have to do is use a program like ES File Explorer to access your shares, locate the file you want to play, double-click and if you haven;t chosen a default player you will be prompted to choose one (assuming you have more than one).

XBMC is a great multimedia interface, and it will continue to make strides on the Android system, but it still has a ways to go. Regardless, right now you can play 1080p X264 smoothly with a number of media players on Android that support hardware acceleration.

So, if you are waiting to find out which chipset will support hardware acceleration in XBMC first, I can understand that. But if you are waiting for hardware acceleration in general, there's no reason to wait because it is already here.

max1001 11-24-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icon5585 (Post 55260256)
In 4 1, are there any android apps that would allow video streaming off a nas?

Install ES File Manager, install SMB support.
Install MX player.
Just use ES File Manager to browse to your videos file on your NAS and open it with MX player.

Holysmoke 11-24-2012 08:03 PM

this shit is way over my head. I can see this on xda or anandtech, but SD? this talk is technical for us techtards

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55260268)
I actually own a rk3066 tablet, trust me. I know my Chinese Tablet better than anyone on this forum, include evo.

Agrees to Disagree. O_o

Quote:

Originally Posted by rak007 (Post 55260162)
This might be a good deal and i am not denying it but just not ordering it because personally i feel these things are as someone mentioned before "not ready for prime time".

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt72 (Post 55259282)

:nod: :nod: :nod: That's where some of the negative comments kill me.
These PC Sticks may be new tech, but they are updated constantly, open source, and even though they are made by companies most Americans can't pronounce (:D) - they throw in everything but the kitchen sink in terms of functionality - all for a fraction of the cost.

Logitech gets a free pass and these products get forum trolls. :shake:

v0vax 11-24-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holysmoke (Post 55260352)
this shit is way over my head. I can see this on xda or anandtech, but SD? this talk is technical for us techtards

I love this talk, really helpful in deciding whether I want this thing that I just found out existed 5 minutes ago or not!

max1001 11-24-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55260320)

(1) XBMC does not support hardware video acceleration on ANY Android device EXCEPT the Pivos Xios, because Pivos sponsored their work to bring XBMC to Android for their media player. Back when XBMC was released for Android back in July, I figured they would add hardware acceleration to my precious Nexus 7 in a month or two. I was very wrong. Development of hardware acceleration using XBMC has just not been what I expected it to be.

The reason I felt this was important to clarify was that the way you stated it sounded like a shortcoming of this android on a stick and its RK3066 chipset. It's actually a shortcoming of the software which affects every chipset but one, and only on the firmware for the Pivox Xios.

(2) XBMC is not the only media player on Android. Many of the other ones DO support hardware acceleration of video. MXPlayer, DicePlayer and VPlayer to name a few, and the native Video Player that comes stock on Android does as well. All you have to do is use a program like ES File Explorer to access your shares, locate the file you want to play, double-click and if you haven;t chosen a default player you will be prompted to choose one (assuming you have more than one).

XBMC is a great multimedia interface, and it will continue to make strides on the Android system, but it still has a ways to go. Regardless, right now you can play 1080p X264 smoothly with a number of media players on Android that support hardware acceleration.

So, if you are waiting to find out which chipset will support hardware acceleration in XBMC first, I can understand that. But if you are waiting for hardware acceleration in general, there's no reason to wait because it is already here.

That's not true.
XBMC works on amlogic-mx base android device.
Pivos Xios uses amlogic-m3, which is the single core version of the MX. Also, Amlogic released their source codes a few months back so someone was able to enable HW decode for XBMC.
You can get the apk here.
http://www.futeko.com/forum/index...ad&id=5098

Holysmoke 11-24-2012 08:08 PM

I watched the video and was excited to see they were going to show me all about it, then they skipped the part after plugging it in and didnt show what the usb port was for. in the video it looks like he hooked up a laptop to make it work, how did he use his mouse with it?

the video didnt address that

rninan123 11-24-2012 08:09 PM

I am passing on this one. Will wait for miracast.

microkelvin 11-24-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Note: below is for mk808 related:

do you have to pay for droidmote? i just installed droidmote client but it's useless without server. the server is $3.

flash on this is like halfbaked. it's not working 100% like laptop version. if you get it to work, leave it as is. dont try to maximize or control it. if you touch it, it's stuck and you have to reload the page again. so right now i am watching the smaller screen of flash instead.

i am surprised how easy it is. just connect the power in and hdmi, then it's on. all i have to do it connect my wireless logitech keyboard/mouse that i bought for $9.95 from walgreens last time and off i went.

happy? not really when i can get this better bluetooth version for the same price. but so far it works as promised.

APhamX 11-24-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holysmoke (Post 55260512)
I watched the video and was excited to see they were going to show me all about it, then they skipped the part after plugging it in and didnt show what the usb port was for. in the video it looks like he hooked up a laptop to make it work, how did he use his mouse with it?

Mouse, bluetooth, usb, charging stick.

helloha1 11-24-2012 08:12 PM

Here's a good text review with lots of pictures [geekbuying.com](albeit in chinglish)

rak007 11-24-2012 08:12 PM

Oh so as per OP, anyone who says negative about this "deal" is a troll and everyone who is raving or at least saying something positive is good. Way to go.
I just shared my personal opinion and this should not affect someone else's buying decision.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55260568)
Note: below is for mk808 related:
do you have to pay for droidmote? i just installed droidmote client but it's useless without server. the server is $3.

flash on this is like halfbaked. it's not working 100% like laptop version. if you get it to work, leave it as is. dont try to maximize or control it. if you touch it, it's stuck and you have to reload the page again. so right now i am watching the smaller screen of flash instead.

i am surprised how easy it is. just connect the power in and hdmi, then it's on. all i have to do it connect my wireless logitech keyboard/mouse that i bought for $9.95 from walgreens last time and off i went.

happy? not really when i can get this better bluetooth version for the same price. but so far it works as promised.

Yes, Droidmote requires the other end of the client, which is something like $2.40 unless I am remembering wrong.
The Remote side of the app is free.

i should have emphasized more about the Logitech devices.
I have tried 3 and all 3 are just plug and play and go - just like the MK808 itself.
Just plug it into the TV and you're done.

I get what you're saying about the Bluetooth.
How do you think I feel? :rolleyes:
I bought the MK808 from the other deal for more than I posted the MK808 deal for.....and now here is a version that is just as powerful AND has Bluetooth, for the same price as the MK808 deal from 3 weeks ago.

But, that's the nature of technology, as you know.

THANK YOU for the update / impression.
I can't rep because I've given too many out in the last 24, but I'll try to catch you next time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holysmoke (Post 55260512)

Plug the HDMI end straight into the TV / Receiver.
The USB ports are for Mice / Webcams / Ketboards / etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rak007 (Post 55260660)
Oh so as per OP, anyone who says negative about this "deal" is a troll and everyone who is raving or at least saying something positive is good. Way to go.
I just shared my personal opinion and this should not affect someone else's buying decision.

I said you're a troll? :(

ionizer 11-24-2012 08:15 PM

in for the stick and the gyro remote

will bash the shit out of op if i find out he is pumping

will praise him in future posts if he is not

Holysmoke 11-24-2012 08:16 PM

repped the 2 that helped answer usb question. I like this idea. can I watch Roku on it?

ionizer 11-24-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rninan123 (Post 55260546)
I am passing on this one. Will wait for miracast.

how long until that's available on devices?

max1001 11-24-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rak007 (Post 55260660)

Evo tend to get over zealous and make claims that are not 100% true. A lot a lot of people want to buy these stick as a XBMC player and this one isn't going to cut it.
Other wise, it's great for Netflix and HTPC. I actually own a rk3066 stick so I know what it can and cannot do.

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55260502)
That's not true.
XBMC works on amlogic-mx base android device.
Pivos Xios uses amlogic-m3, which is the single core version of the MX. Also, Amlogic released their source codes a few months back so someone was able to enable HW decode for XBMC.
You can get the apk here.
http://www.futeko.com/forum/index...ad&id=5098

I stand corrected, apparently my intel is at least a month old. Nonetheless, hardware acceleration in XBMC is still limited to amlogic chips, which is a chipset that is not used on mainstream tablets, mostly used on Chinatabs (ainol is one). We still don't have hardware acceleration for chipsets made by Nvidia, Qualcomm, TI, Samsung, etc.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55260824)
Evo tend to get over zealous and make claims that are not 100% true. A lot a lot of people want to buy these stick as a XBMC player and this one isn't going to cut it.
Other wise, it's great for Netflix and HTPC. I actually own a rk3066 stick so I know what it can and cannot do.

Overzealous, yes. Definitely.
When I post a deal, it's because I believe it's the best price or best bang-for-the-buck that you can find.

Making claims that are not 100% true, no....not if I can ever help it.
In fact, I can find at least 5 response in this thread where I've said, "I don't know / I'm no expert / I'm out of my depth / I'm not 100% sure / etc"

If I don't know, I try to say as much.
If I do, then I stand behind it 100%.
If I'm proven wrong, I admit it freely and openly and generally apologize while I'm at it.

I just happen to be passionate and animated in writing and in person, that's all.

sd444 11-24-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireballs (Post 55256892)
If you bought it from in4dealz then more than likely.

The problem is that these things arent ready for prime time. They steal kernels from tablets and havent perfected the designs yet. They are still boot leg and probably will be until a major player in the mobile industry does some real R&D on these things. With all this is why you see newer and cheaper models all the time, every other day they are coming up with different ideas or features because they are usung the public as their R&D.

The potential for these things are amazing but they are far from a complete market ready product . So next week there will be a better one.

100% agreed. The only ARM device that is worth it is the raspberry pi. Everything else is just alpha crap.
  • Performance isn't enough
  • Missing full linux stack support / accelerated xorg
  • Missing ethernet

Just wait until January for better models as they are trying to offload these as impulse purchases.

APhamX 11-24-2012 08:23 PM

How does this compare to the Raspberry Pi

enzoshadow 11-24-2012 08:27 PM

I ordered a Roku 2 XS from JR for $69 and now I am thinking about canceling it and get this instead. I am familiar with Android as I use it for my phone, but I've never used Roku before. What's the pro and con of 1 vs the other?

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd444 (Post 55260962)
100% agreed. The only ARM device that is worth it is the raspberry pi. Everything else is just alpha crap.
  • Performance isn't enough
  • Missing full linux stack support / accelerated xorg
  • Missing ethernet

Just wait until January for better models as they are trying to offload these as impulse purchases.

You with the raspberry pi hype again?

Seriously?

The RPi has about a fourth of the computing power as this stick. Heck, the MK802 single core sticks were up to 5 times as fast as the RPi in testing.

Also, RPi is about as alpha as they come, since it is just a board. No OS, not even a case.

Please stop posting that ridiculous nonsense.

269jimmy11 11-24-2012 08:31 PM

FYI, I bought the MK808 last time, it does not support skype video chat at all!

dbpaddler 11-24-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 55259740)

Kind of a contradiction. If it's known this doesn't have 1080 support for XBMC, why would a majority of the people buying this use XBMC? Actually, why would you even assume a majority of people use XBMC? I know I don't.

v0vax 11-24-2012 08:32 PM

Picked one up! Why not, what are some good websites/resources to learn more about these and what cool things I can do with them?

goofygrin 11-24-2012 08:33 PM

I've got a Roku 2 XS and while it's small and the remote is great... it's a closed ecosystem. Basically you're beholden to Roku to grace you with their apps and ads... Whereas with this... you can tinker more.

I've been looking for a replacement for my NMTs and this might finally be it... with a good release of XBMC (which the NMTs replaced [running on xboxen] when HD became important... Anyway, they're still cool as hell so I'm in for one... At the very least I can throw a presentation or movie onto a microsd and write it off as a work expense :D

redshirt72 11-24-2012 08:33 PM

I was so excited when XBMC for Android was announced, but development isn't near where I'd hoped it be by now. Purchased Plex and use that with no real issues, so will probably throw that on my stick when it arrives and see how it goes.

shikari 11-24-2012 08:36 PM

Does this support miracast and AirPlay ?

Buckeyefan 1 11-24-2012 08:38 PM

I love the technology, and the fun that comes with it. My only complaint is the wires. If you watch this video, it just looks sloppy having wires draped everywhere. Need a wireless usb dongle here, which may slow things down - ymmv. These sticks are slick. But you'll still need a wireless usb mouse and/or keyboard, or use your phone as the controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sI8nbLtGs

If you simply want to play apps on your tv, you can grab them on the Chrome Webstore, and run a long HDMI cable to your tv and use your laptop as your cursor/control. These apps are optimized for larger screens, compared to most Android apps (optimized for phones).

Here's a game I just downloaded on the Chrome App Store - it blows away the same version on Android or Apple:
http://bejeweled.popcap.com/html5...weled.html

sd444 11-24-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55261246)
You with the raspberry pi hype again?

Seriously?

The RPi has about a fourth of the computing power as this stick. Heck, the MK802 single core sticks were up to 5 times as fast as the RPi in testing.

Also, RPi is about as alpha as they come, since it is just a board. No OS, not even a case.

Please stop posting that ridiculous nonsense.

You sure get really butthurt when hearing the truth.

AZImmortal 11-24-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55260320)

I'm aware of both of your points. I simply said "this chipset" because it was shorter and easier than the level of detail that you gave, but thanks for clarifying. I'm also a long-time Android user so I'm aware of the capabilities of other media player apps, and hardware video acceleration isn't the dealbreaker. However, the Ouya will presumably be out in March for $99 and Team XBMC has already pledged support for it, so I might just wait for that.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyefan 1 (Post 55261492)
Here's a game I just downloaded on the Chrome App Store - it blows away the same version on Android or Apple:

Evil.

Bejeweled is the devil killer of countless bazillions of wasted hours.
What kind of sicko posts a link to an even better version of Bejeweled.
More addictive than crack.
May the hounds have you for breakfast.

Wait. No.

Even better.

I hope a Michigan graduate marries your first-born. :P

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd444 (Post 55261570)
You sure get really butthurt when hearing the truth.

Sorry, I get butthurt when people who are grossly misinformed spout the same misinformation even after being told how misinformed they are.

Are you trolling? I find it hard to believe someone could be so wrong unless they were being wrong on purpose.

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZImmortal (Post 55261736)
I'm aware of both of your points. I simply said "this chipset" because it was shorter and easier than the level of detail that you gave, but thanks for clarifying. I'm also a long-time Android user so I'm aware of the capabilities of other media player apps, and hardware video acceleration isn't the dealbreaker. However, the Ouya will presumably be out in March for $99 and Team XBMC has already pledged support for it, so I might just wait for that.

Gotcha. I'm not that high on Ouya myself, but I've been wrong before. However, I would certainly welcome XBMC HW acceleration development for Tegra 3 devices.

leovip 11-24-2012 09:00 PM

great deal in for one, also bought the mouse and usb dongle, mouse doesnt seem like a killer deal, but looks interesting so I'll check it out. Wish it was bt instead of having usb transmitter

bluetooth capability on stick is what did it for me, ability to hook up bluetooth mouse and keyboard = awesome

dj-3lusion 11-24-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55254014)
This is the lowest price ever listed or posted for the iMito MX2, which is the top-of-the-line model for current Android PC Sticks.

Two weeks ago, this sold for $80+ everywhere and now you can't find it in stock anywhere.
In4Dealz.com has stock and their Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deal price is outstanding. :bounce:

Latest Model (BLACK version) iMito MX2 - $51.99 Shipped FREE ! ! [in4dealz.com]

Also comes in: [SIZE="3"]
[B]BLUE [in4dealz.com]
WHITE [in4dealz.com]

and i bought the mk808 and in the video review it makes me say shit why did i buy that.. but if i can flip the mk808 to someone then i think ill be a happy camper.

bpear96 11-24-2012 09:10 PM

Not as nice as XBMC, but plex does work with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAjlXwVipVI (video is of a less powerful mini pc)

MX Player is also nice, but much more basic. Plex is better if you want to stream content from your pc etc

AkumaX 11-24-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 55262258)
and i bought the mk808 and in the video review it makes me say shit why did i buy that.. but if i can flip the mk808 to someone then i think ill be a happy camper.

The specs on it are pretty nice.
The YouTube review with the guy running the live wallpaper really sells this.
BT is a huge plus.
Thought it was interesting that I happen to have the same Logitech BT speaker, haha.

bpear96 11-24-2012 09:14 PM

If your buying this you also might want to check out https://play.google.com/store/app...V2LnBybyJd , seems like a nice launcher. Free version is no longer updated, only pro. Also pro has an option to hide status/navigation bar (if you have root , which is fairly easy to get)

usacamaro 11-24-2012 09:24 PM

I am sure this has been asked, and answered. How do you power this? If I plug it into my TVs hdmi, do I need to use the power cable to a wall outlet? Now that I typed it out, the answer must me yes... How else would it work! right?

v0vax 11-24-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usacamaro (Post 55262816)
I am sure this has been asked, and answered. How do you power this? If I plug it into my TVs hdmi, do I need to use the power cable to a wall outlet? Now that I typed it out, the answer must me yes... How else would it work! right?

This is powered by a micro usb, (kinda like new cell phones), it comes with it. Looks like it just turns on when you plug it in.

bigolac 11-24-2012 09:29 PM

I'm in for one - been watching this semi-carefully for a month or two - like the bluetooth option as well.

I got the Roxu2 XS a few days ago as well, and I haven't heard anyone's opinion on whether or not to keep both or axe one of 'em - maybe the Roku is more 'user-friendly' for a non-geek (ie, wife)?

I may have to get another monitor just to run this little beast - looks like fun.

norazi 11-24-2012 09:29 PM

anyone else paranoid about these china devices having embedded code that spies on you, keylogger, etc?

usacamaro 11-24-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55262928)
This is powered by a micro usb, (kinda like new cell phones), it comes with it. Looks like it just turns on when you plug it in.

so if my TV has a usb port, I can power the unit from there, with no power from the outlet?

microkelvin 11-24-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 269jimmy11 (Post 55261276)
FYI, I bought the MK808 last time, it does not support skype video chat at all!

oh yeah? damn. i need skype badly on this. i bought those compusa webcams just for this and now skype is not supported?

v0vax 11-24-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usacamaro (Post 55263000)
so if my TV has a usb port, I can power the unit from there, with no power from the outlet?

Yea, at least thats what one guy in one of those videos said! I'm hoping to do that as well.

luk350 11-24-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyefan 1 (Post 55261492)
I love the technology, and the fun that comes with it. My only complaint is the wires. If you watch this video, it just looks sloppy having wires draped everywhere. Need a wireless usb dongle here, which may slow things down - ymmv. These sticks are slick. But you'll still need a wireless usb mouse and/or keyboard, or use your phone as the controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sI8nbLtGs

If you simply want to play apps on your tv, you can grab them on the Chrome Webstore, and run a long HDMI cable to your tv and use your laptop as your cursor/control. These apps are optimized for larger screens, compared to most Android apps (optimized for phones).

Lenovo Enhanced Multimedia Remote w/ Backlit Keyboard N5902 for $34 working well for me. Here is more:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5573872-Lenovo-Enhanced-Multimedia-Remote-w-Backlit-Keyboard-N5902-34-Lenovo-2-0-Speakers-M0620-11-Wireless-Mouse-N50-10-Free-Shipping

dj-3lusion 11-24-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

he forgot to mention the craigslist special where you spend countless attempts in trying to get ahold of the person or wasting time and gas to get the special where its all beat up and nothing like what was pictured :lol: and in the end wtf do you think $50 can get you on cl besides maybe a hooker an apple box or a glass wrapped in plastic with the writing of ipad 2 on it :lmao: :roll:

bigolac 11-24-2012 09:44 PM

Here's another alternative for a keyboard/trackpad - might need it's own thread - seems like a great price:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wi...itech+k400

AAAANNNDDD, it does, of course:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5569560-Logitech-Accessories-K400-Wireless-Touch-Keyboard-w-Multi-Touch-Touchpad-23-G510-Gaming-Keyboard-60-G19-Programmable-Gaming-Keyboard-w-Color-Display-105-Free-Shipping

dj-3lusion 11-24-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55262526)
The specs on it are pretty nice.
The YouTube review with the guy running the live wallpaper really sells this.
BT is a huge plus.
Thought it was interesting that I happen to have the same Logitech BT speaker, haha.

haven't had a Bluetooth speaker but im game for a slickdeal on one if one pops up.

bpear96 11-24-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigolac (Post 55263350)

Does anyone know if the multi touch track pad on that keyboard, would allow you to pinch to zoom on the imito?

bhavi_jp 11-24-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55254014)

Latest Model (BLACK version) iMito MX2 - $51.99 Shipped FREE ! ! [in4dealz.com]

Also comes in:
BLUE [in4dealz.com]
WHITE [in4dealz.com]<----White :D
RED [in4dealz.com]

*Edit:
Video Review:

That's the MX1, which has similar internals to the MX2.
The MX2 is showing higher benchmark scores on AnTuTu, based on the forum posts at Freaktab......so think of this + 10 or 20%% better performance than what you see in the video?

This is a good deal for this stick but

1. This is not the top of the line model.
2. Geekbuying has it available for $64.99
3. MX1 and MX2 have same exact specs with differect body material (aluminium in MX1 vs Plastic in MX2). So performance should be same.

bpear96 11-24-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavi_jp (Post 55263616)

3. MX1 and MX2 have same exact specs with differect body material (aluminium in MX1 vs Plastic in MX2). So performance should be same.

What model is better then this one?

This has a 1.6ghz rk3066 with mali gpu, it has 1gb ram, 8gb rom. Bluetooth and wifi. The build might not be as nice as the MX1, but your gonna stick it in your tv anyways doesn't matter much. I'm just curious .

bigolac 11-24-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpear96 (Post 55263580)
Does anyone know if the multi touch track pad on that keyboard, would allow you to pinch to zoom on the imito?

Not sure about android, but the logitech website states that is has multi-touch navigation for web browsing in Windows. For $23, I'm going to try and see - if nothing else, I'll just use it with my HTPC.

Here's a vid showing two finger scrolling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6wJjEBeL0M

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 55262258)

Welcome to my world.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by usacamaro (Post 55262816)

It has it's own wall adapter, which is connected by a USB cable (think cell phone wall/USB charger) - not positive if the adapter is 100% required.
Good question.
Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55262928)

If it is anything like the MK808, this is exactly correct, but the custom ROM offers a soft-powerup/off/reset option.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigolac (Post 55262936)
I'm in for one - been watching this semi-carefully for a month or two - like the bluetooth option as well.

I got the Roxu2 XS a few days ago as well, and I haven't heard anyone's opinion on whether or not to keep both or axe one of 'em - maybe the Roku is more 'user-friendly' for a non-geek (ie, wife)?

I may have to get another monitor just to run this little beast - looks like fun.

Roku 2 XS is probably easier because it's just sort of, "point and click" - but the PC Stick is infinitely more full-featured and capable.
I sold off my Roku HD when I started messing around with these PC Sticks - they simply became irrelevant compared to what these can do.
Quote:

Originally Posted by norazi (Post 55262952)
anyone else paranoid about these china devices having embedded code that spies on you, keylogger, etc?

If you are, you can erase the Flash Memory and install the custom ROM created by a guy right here in the good 'ol U S of A.
Quote:

Hmm. I'm wondering if I can do that with my MK808 as well.
Another good question.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj-3lusion (Post 55263316)
he forgot to mention the craigslist special where you spend countless attempts in trying to get ahold of the person or wasting time and gas to get the special where its all beat up and nothing like what was pictured :lol: and in the end wtf do you think $50 can get you on cl besides maybe a hooker an apple box or a glass wrapped in plastic with the writing of ipad 2 on it :lmao: :roll:

:lol: :lol:
Classic.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavi_jp (Post 55263616)

1. I've heard of one other version that is supposed to coming out using a quadcore chip, but that is just silly, imho. The passive cooling solutions used to move the heat away from the components would probably just be overwhelmed by a quadcore CPU - and you ain't getting a fan in there.
2. That's $12 less?
3. MX1 and MX2 are supposed to be component identical, but laid out differently and with an aluminum enclosure vs. a plastic/acrylic enclosure. If memory serves me right, I saw AnTuTu benchmark scores posted on Freaktab showing the MX2 coming out ahead, possibly due to heat or firmware improvements.

redshirt72 11-24-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55263070)
Yea, at least thats what one guy in one of those videos said! I'm hoping to do that as well.

I'd be curious as well, ya'd think something like this would require bout an amp at 5VDC? Just worried that at most the 2 USB ports on my TV would only supply .5A, oh well, I guess I'll see when it gets here.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55259596)

Very sorry.
I meant to reply to you earlier and got side-tracked with something else I guess.

Here is something that might work for you if that is a major concern (or necessary?) - USB-to-Ethernet adapter [tigerdirect.com]

Might be cheaper somewhere other than TigerDirect, I didn't check too long, but this one got great ratings.

norazi 11-24-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55264456)
If you are, you can erase the Flash Memory and install the custom ROM created by a guy right here in the good 'ol U S of A.

Its easy to get around that... the Cerberus app for Android for example can be installed to system rom which can't be erased

But besides that, this thing uses a custom "Cortex A9" BASED chip... not your standard Snapdragon, OMAP chip... so who knows what kind of code is on there in the hardware level.... theres no regulation for this stuff in China, and as a dev i dont trust things that dont have open source code unless its made by a huge international company like Samsung (exynos chip), Qualcomm (Snapdragon), or TI (OMAP).

AkumaX 11-24-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

It depends how much power the USB port on your particular TV outputs.

Not sure about the adapter, but if the MX2 hypothetically requires 700mA and your TV can only output 200mA, well...

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norazi (Post 55264762)
Its easy to get around that... the Cerberus app for Android for example can be installed to system rom which can't be erased

But besides that, this thing uses a custom "Cortex A9" BASED chip... not your standard Snapdragon, OMAP chip... so who knows what kind of code is on there in the hardware level.... theres no regulation for this stuff in China, and as a dev i dont trust things that dont have open source code unless its made by a huge international company like Samsung (exynos chip), Qualcomm (Snapdragon), or TI (OMAP).

The RK3066 code was made available (mentioned earlier in the thread) recently and there are no boogeymen.
You're ok to dev to your heart's desire! :D

norazi 11-24-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55264816)
The RK3066 code was made available (mentioned earlier in the thread) recently and there are no boogeymen.
You're ok to dev to your heart's desire! :D

in that case, i retract my previous concerns...

but its still good advice to be wary of custom chips without released code, especially on devices which have access to your google/gmail accounts

krazybert 11-24-2012 10:15 PM

Does the usb port on these things supply enough power to attach portable hard drives? My main complaint about the raspberry pi

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norazi (Post 55264840)
in that case, i retract my previous concerns...

but its still good advice to be wary of custom chips without released code, especially on devices which have access to your google/gmail accounts

As someone that has dealt with authentic components (Integrated Circuits / IC's) for the last 15+ years for a living, I am well aware of the potential for malicious intent by people making counterfeit devices / chips or altering the code for products.

Your concerns are not unfounded and it's always best to be mildly cautious than extremely trusting.

On a sidenote, I'm trying to think if I've ever put a single thing of value into my Gmail account. :shake:
Even my Google account was set up with a limit card, now that I think about it.

The best they would get from me is what I've bought from Groupon. :P

shikari 11-24-2012 10:26 PM

I want miracast support and airplay support, I know a andorid usb stick out there that has airplay support but I forgot the name .

bpear96 11-24-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norazi (Post 55264762)

/system can be erased with root, finless rom replaces /system with a custom rom .

rk3066 kernel source here https://github.com/AndrewDB/rk3066-kernel

v0vax 11-24-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shikari (Post 55265222)
I want miracast support and airplay support, I know a andorid usb stick out there that has airplay support but I forgot the name .

This one ? http://www.amazon.com/Hsti-Mobost...B005HADWH6

Carljammers 11-24-2012 10:28 PM

so what about this tablet from another Thread, it looks like the same specs and for $30 more seems like a better buy

v0vax 11-24-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carljammers (Post 55265308)
so what about this tablet from another Thread[/URL], it looks like the same specs and for $30 more seems like a better buy

Life of the Insects? LOL

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55265294)

$53 stick to make your $52 stick do what you want?
Interesting choice. :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carljammers (Post 55265308)
so what about this tablet from another Thread[/URL], it looks like the same specs and for $30 more seems like a better buy

What the HECK was that??? :eek:

Carljammers 11-24-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55265432)
$53 stick to make your $52 stick do what you want?
Interesting choice. :lol:

What the HECK was that??? :eek:

Sorry, updated link, apparently I haven't mastered the art of cut and paste :lmao:

sd444 11-24-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Pocket change to get a 10000000x more useful system. No blocks, no hacks, and no screwing around with android. Everything just works.

You can get PC's pretty silent or just move the box. Get the longest HDMI cable. Use the networked hdhomerun.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carljammers (Post 55265496)
Sorry, updated link, apparently I haven't mastered the art of cut and paste :lmao:

That was the strangest, most random post ever.

I clicked on it, waited a while for it to load, and then actually sat there waiting for something other than insects to happen.

Started to wonder if that was the ultimate troll attempt - like an Android, "Rick-Roll" :lol:

Yes.
To answer your question.
It looks like for $32, you are getting the exact same device, but with a capacitive touchscreen.
Just be careful not to use the custom ROM from this thread, because it will not have proper (or any?) touchscreen / display drivers......which would render it a giant 7" PC Stick. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd444 (Post 55265532)
Pocket change to get a 10000000x more useful system. No blocks, no hacks, and no screwing around with android. Everything just works.
You can get PC's pretty silent or just move the box. Get the longest HDMI cable. Use the networked hdhomerun.

Now, I get it......you do not like PC Sticks....that's fine.
And, I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, this is a genuine and sincere question.
But, since you mentioned it (and put a rather large 100000000x number next to it), could you please cite some of the more important uses that a $50 used PC would have attached to your TV than a $50 Android PC Stick would have?
Others have stated the extra electricity, size / bulk, noise, etc. would be reasons not to - I'm wondering what you'd use it for.

I think this would be interesting for people (and myself) to know.

shikari 11-24-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0vax (Post 55265294)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlkIcN_1XvM

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shikari (Post 55265710)

Isn't that just an app from the Android market / Google Play for about $5 or $6? that would work on any device giving it compatibility with AirPlay?

I'm thinking the compatibility has everything to do with the app and nothing to do with the device, compared to this one.

When I check the Minix G4, it says that the specs are identical to the MX2, but that it is running the previous Android 4.0 (ICS) instead of 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
*and the latest X5 model from Minix only offers a difference of 16GB storage vs. 8GB - and all for about $30-$40 more per unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhoffy22 (Post 55265862)
Do you guys think that this keyboard will work with this Android stick?

My worry is that this keyboard is not bluetooth, but simply wireless.

Yes.
It should work without issue.
Logitech is perfect for these things.
I have yet to see a report of a model that is incompatible from Logitech.

jhoffy22 11-24-2012 10:51 PM

microkelvin 11-24-2012 11:20 PM

this mk808 is damn slow. i dont know how they got it fast on the youtube clip. but it's very slow.
i couldn't even sign in slickdeals on it. took me like 5 min to wait for the page to respond, especially on those drop down menu from Forums/Hot Deals tab.

Most of the buttons on slickdeals are not responsive. They didn't do anything when I click on them. Maybe I should try the different browser instead of its default browser.

Unable to play Temple Run. The game loaded a little slow but I can't click on Play button to enter the game. Lame.

sd444 11-24-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55265582)
Now, I get it......you do not like PC Sticks....that's fine.
And, I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, this is a genuine and sincere question.
But, since you mentioned it (and put a rather large 100000000x number next to it), could you please cite some of the more important uses that a $50 used PC would have attached to your TV than a $50 Android PC Stick would have?
Others have stated the extra electricity, size / bulk, noise, etc. would be reasons not to - I'm wondering what you'd use it for.

I think this would be interesting for people (and myself) to know.

I love arm sticks and everything about them; however, I and just about every consumer want at least some expectations met. Everything beyond the stock android experience preloaded is completely up in the air. Every new arm stick deal posted I get excited that these will finally stop sucking but it is either a RAM increase or a token spec bump.

The OUYA (if it launches) will kill all these sticks overnight.

x86 support, multiple OS, gaming, hardware/peripheral support, no content blocking, documentation, etc.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55266952)
this mk808 is damn slow. i dont know how they got it fast on the youtube clip. but it's very slow.
i couldn't even sign in slickdeals on it. took me like 5 min to wait for the page to respond, especially on those drop down menu from Forums/Hot Deals tab.

Most of the buttons on slickdeals are not responsive. They didn't do anything when I click on them. Maybe I should try the different browser instead of its default browser.

Unable to play Temple Run. The game loaded a little slow but I can't click on Play button to enter the game. Lame.

How would you even play Temple Run on a Big screen TV?
Did you get the remote air thingy?

As for the stock browser, it sucks - download anything.
Anything would be better.

Personally, I'd suggest Dolphin, Dolphin Mini, Dolphin HD, Opera Mini, Maxthon browser - all are good.

However, after being a Maxthon advocate recently, it has pissed me off over and over to the point where I think I'm going to uninstall permanently.
Some people rave, but it's done nothing but give me fits.
On second thought, scratch that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd444 (Post 55267018)
I love arm sticks and everything about them; however, I and just about every consumer want at least some expectations met. Everything beyond the stock android experience preloaded is completely up in the air. Every new arm stick deal posted I get excited that these will finally stop sucking but it is either a RAM increase or a token spec bump.

x86 support, multiple OS, gaming, hardware/peripheral support, no content blocking, documentation, etc.

Fair enough, but have you used the MK808 or MX2?

And, you stated that the PC would be a lot (a million times?) better than the Android PC Stick - just curious how exactly.
Looking for what a stationary PC means to someone as a media center that a portable USB stick doesn't.....that's all.

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhoffy22 (Post 55265862)

I have that model sitting 4 feet away from me in its box. I had to buy it, since it was just $20.

It is not bluetooth, it is USB.

Any bluetooth keyboard will prominently state in its advertisement that it is bluetooth. It's a big selling point, and a big reason why it will cost more than a USB keyboard.

HOWEVER, that keyboard will work fine with your android stick. You'll just need to plug the receiver into the USB port, and maybe use an extender to get it within line of sight. Not as clean, I know, but not as expensive, either.

microkelvin 11-24-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55267066)
How would you even play Temple Run on a Big screen TV?
Did you get the remote air thingy?

As for the stock browser, it sucks - download anything.
Anything would be better.

Personally, I'd suggest Dolphin, Dolphin Mini, Dolphin HD, Opera Mini, Maxthon browser - all are good.

However, after being a Maxthon advocate recently, it has pissed me off over and over to the point where I think I'm going to uninstall permanently.
Some people rave, but it's done nothing but give me fits.
On second thought, scratch that one.

what do you mean? this damn thing can't even play TempleRun. How the heck other people got other games playing so amazing on those youtube previews. I mean what's wrong with it? the game loaded fine (a little slow) but I can't enter inside. I tried pressing enter key, left mouse click a hundred times. nothing.

when i tried to run google play music on the background, google play market & 1 single slickdeals page browser. sometimes things seem stuck and i had to give it about 10 seconds to catch up. it's even slower than my mobile celeron 1.2ghz laptop. LOL.

damnthatsadeal 11-24-2012 11:32 PM

Has anyone been successful streaming DISH Network Sling media on these android pc sticks??

APhamX 11-24-2012 11:32 PM

I'm planning on getting two sticks. One for my little sister and I.

For my sister I'm planning on just plugging this into a 24" dell 1080p monitor for her and let her use it as her computer. She plays around with my HP touchpad and plays minecraft/watches youtube video so I think this will be good for her. I can setup the ps3 remote with the bluetooth on the stick and map all the keys for her. (Use OTG for mouse/keyboard)

Also, for me I plan on loading a bunch of 1080p movies on this stick and bring it when I go to friend's house. Now decoding I'm not sure if it really matters. Because I can just re-render all the files to a playable format for this stick. What are the best formats known to play on this without the use of hardware acceleration?

ThatsNotADeal 11-24-2012 11:33 PM

sd444 is just trolling, He has said multiple things that demonstrate he doesn't have the slightest idea about the subject matter. Best to put him on ignore.

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55267238)
what do you mean? this damn thing can't even play TempleRun. How the heck other people got other games playing so amazing on those youtube previews. I mean what's wrong with it? the game loaded fine (a little slow) but I can't enter inside. I tried pressing enter key, left mouse click a hundred times. nothing.

when i tried to run google play music on the background, google play market & 1 single slickdeals page browser. sometimes things seem stuck and i had to give it about 10 seconds to catch up. it's even slower than my mobile celeron 1.2ghz laptop. LOL.

ok, I'm having a conversation and trying to offer some options and you seem as if your mind is already made up.

I can give you a hand if you like, but if you're not interested then I think it might be wasting both of our time, so no worries.
Best of luck, let me know if you'd like a few suggestions and we can chat by PM.
I'm happy to help anytime.

It's not like every person that put up the YouTube reviews had to use trick photography to show an awesome PC Stick.
I turned the TV on and then turned the Camera on and then filmed the MK808 in action.

Again, happy to help in any way I can if you actually do want help.
(By the way, Temple Run uses swipe methods, not clicks - drag and hold your cursor - just a suggestion. Not all games will work will all devices - you know that......)

APhamX 11-24-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd444 (Post 55267018)

But the OUYA.. Isn't a stick.

microkelvin 11-24-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55267338)
ok, I'm having a conversation and trying to offer some options and you seem as if your mind is already made up.

I can give you a hand if you like, but if you're not interested then I think it might be wasting both of our time, so no worries.
Best of luck, let me know if you'd like a few suggestions and we can chat by PM.
I'm happy to help anytime.

It's not like every person that put up the YouTube reviews had to use trick photography to show an awesome PC Stick.
I turned the TV on and then turned the Camera on and then filmed the MK808 in action.

Again, happy to help in any way I can if you actually do want help.
(By the way, Temple Run uses swipe methods, not clicks - drag and hold your cursor - just a suggestion. Not all games will work will all devices - you know that......)

i switch to Chrome now.
I am using Logitech mouse/keyboard. so it's ok to swipe, slide things just like on the phone using the mouse. I can play Angry Bird fine. it's just that I can't enter Temple Run game. it's not how i will play, it's something that prevents me from entering inside the game. once i can get in, i can swipe, slide all i wish just like i can do on angry bird.

how do i turn this stick off? should we just leave it run 24/7? how many watts is it using?

sd444 11-24-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55267066)
Fair enough, but have you used the MK808 or MX2?

And, you stated that the PC would be a lot (a million times?) better than the Android PC Stick - just curious how exactly.
Looking for what a stationary PC means to someone as a media center that a portable USB stick doesn't.....that's all.

802. Worked for a bit then just died. It still sucked.

Again, if the preloaded android experience works for you then this is the greatest thing ever; however, people are wanting these devices to do what a 2013 or 2014 ARM stick will do.

I'm afraid by then x86 will win in the end since the greatest side effect of ARM sticks is the pants shitting x86 is doing:
http://www.lenovo.com/products/us...ries/q190/
Intel's NUC
http://www.tgdaily.com/consumer-e...-processor

Current gen ULV's are now in nettops.

ARM stick + external HD + keyboard + .... + ..... = not so mobile as a loaded htpc

Evo-IC 11-24-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 55267538)
i switch to Chrome now.
I am using Logitech mouse/keyboard. so it's ok to swipe, slide things just like on the phone using the mouse. I can play Angry Bird fine. it's just that I can't enter Temple Run game. it's not how i will play, it's something that prevents me from entering inside the game. once i can get in, i can swipe, slide all i wish just like i can do on angry bird.

how do i turn this stick off? should we just leave it run 24/7? how many watts is it using?

I'm glad you found a browser that worked out better for you.

I have left my MK808 running for somewhere north of 3 weeks without turning it off once.
It probably uses 1 watt of power or something like that, whatever it is, it has to be nominal.
It stays cool to the touch unless being stressed quite a bit and is fine to just sit there on standby ready for immediate use.

If you prefer to have it off for some reason, simply unplug it - no need to power it off.
The Finless 1.5a custom ROM gives a soft power option if you prefer that sort of thing, but you'll need to install it on your MK808.

We should keep this on topic if we're going to discuss in this thread - I'm sure some people are confused that we're talking about the MX2.
We are not, for anyone distracted by our chat. Sorry.

Tazmania99 11-25-2012 12:12 AM

Can I stream RMVB video files from my NAS? Does the stock player support RMVB format?

Live2Hustle 11-25-2012 12:30 AM

Seem like this one doesnt support mkv huh? Im planning to pull trigger on this one bbut no mkv listed on the video support list :( my tv cant play mkv files that why I neeed some thing like this to fix my dumb tv....sigh

Evo-IC 11-25-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazmania99 (Post 55268226)
Can I stream RMVB video files from my NAS? Does the stock player support RMVB format?

I have no idea what you just said. None.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Hustle (Post 55268586)
Seem like this one doesnt support mkv huh? Im planning to pull trigger on this one bbut no mkv listed on the video support list :( my tv cant play mkv files that why I neeed some thing like this to fix my dumb tv....sigh

Should be able to support .mkv files with no issue using the MX Player app from Google Play.
Pretty sure I already tested that with my MK808 and this MX2 as the same type of components inside.

On a sidenote, I found a post stating that the MX2 plays Flash video files without issue.
If you do not already have it (or an earlier version) you will need to download install Flash Player Version 11.1.115.11 and that should do the trick.

*Edit - THANK YOU, R6FOREVER - for my 3,000th Rep point here at Slickdeals. :D :D :D :D
Much appreciated. And, you have excellent taste in automobiles. ;)

Tazmania99 11-25-2012 12:40 AM

RMVB = RealMedia Variable Bitrate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55268656)

usacamaro 11-25-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55264814)
It depends how much power the USB port on your particular TV outputs.

Not sure about the adapter, but if the MX2 hypothetically requires 700mA and your TV can only output 200mA, well...

I hope so, otherwise its a poor replacement for a "smart TV" I have a clean install and dont want a power cord hanging behind the TV.

Live2Hustle 11-25-2012 12:41 AM

It seem like this one doesn't support MKV file huh? I'm planning to pull the trigger on this one, but I don't see mkv file listed on the video support list :( My TV can not play mkv files that's why I need something like this to fix my dumb tv... Sighhh

AkumaX 11-25-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

I'll help you out on this one:

RMVB (or, Real Media Video Bitrate) files happen to be a very popular file format in Asia.
Typically you can use Real Player (yes, it's directly related to that) on PC to play back .rmvb files.

The current RMVB Video Codec (RV4) just happens to be a tweaked version of the h.264 codec (although very very compressed).

The last time I used MX Player, it would only "stream" .mp4 files from a NAS (network attached storage). Other files like .avi required the whole file to be downloaded into memory before it would even start playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazmania99 (Post 55268226)

I've read that MXPlayer can play back RMVB files.

arcMedia can play back RMVB files.
https://play.google.com/store/app...rface.neon
so can MOBOPlayer
https://play.google.com/store/app....nil&hl=en

I have not used it to see if it can "stream" back RMVB (or have to download it all like .avi)
As long as you use ES File Explorer to navigate to your NAS, you should be able to see if any of those programs can play or stream back your RMVB.

Evo-IC 11-25-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazmania99 (Post 55268734)
RMVB = RealMedia Variable Bitrate

I know, I know.....:P

When you guys start talking about your streaming this and NAS that and MKV here and XBMC there and RMVB mine and on and on, I just start thinking about peanut butter - or if I did a load of towels - or, if my kids would like a medium dog or a gigantic mountain of a dog.

Basically everything but the streaming media questions.

I just have some strange aversion to that whole side of PC Sticks and tablets.
Once, way back on some deal I posted for a Zenithink 7" tablet about 2 yrs ago someone tried to walk me through it.
I've been mind-melting ever since, whenever it comes up.

I can check compatibility for you if you send me a link or how/where to download an RMVP file, but if streaming from a NAS throws a wrench in the program, I can't help you there.
No NAS set up to stream from and not trying.
I have the MK808, which is similar to the MX2, minus the Bluetooth function and a lot of this stuff should be cross-compatible.
If it works for mine, it should work for yours.

As above, I believe MX Player can solve nearly all file questions.
It's pretty outstanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by usacamaro (Post 55268752)
I hope so, otherwise its a poor replacement for a "smart TV" I have a clean install and dont want a power cord hanging behind the TV.

These things are the size of a fat stick of gum.
If you can run a single long USB cable to a USB hub, you can put it anywhere in a room you choose.
Same with a single long HDMI cable instead - they even give you an HDMI adapter for yours. (MX2)

If not, you can just plug the stick into the HDMI port and the USB cable into your TV and it powers directly off of the TV.
This has been confirmed as working.

Tazmania99 11-25-2012 12:51 AM

Very helpful comment! Thank you and rep!

Of course, rep OP for such a good deal. I am in for 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55268804)
I'll help you out on this one:

RMVB (or, Real Media Video Bitrate) files happen to be a very popular file format in Asia.
Typically you can use Real Player (yes, it's directly related to that) on PC to play back .rmvb files.

The current RMVB Video Codec (RV4) just happens to be a tweaked version of the h.264 codec (although very very compressed).

The last time I used MX Player, it would only "stream" .mp4 files from a NAS (network attached storage). Other files like .avi required the whole file to be downloaded into memory before it would even start playing.

I've read that MXPlayer can play back RMVB files.

arcMedia can play back RMVB files.
https://play.google.com/store/app...rface.neon
so can MOBOPlayer
https://play.google.com/store/app....nil&hl=en

I have not used it to see if it can "stream" back RMVB (or have to download it all like .avi)
As long as you use ES File Explorer to navigate to your NAS, you should be able to see if any of those programs can play or stream back your RMVB.

kris259 11-25-2012 12:54 AM

I so want to catch up on this thread (was out spending my free amex CC money) but my eyes dont want to stay open... guess Ill join in the fun tomorrow sometime...

AZImmortal 11-25-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsNotADeal (Post 55262024)
Gotcha. I'm not that high on Ouya myself, but I've been wrong before. However, I would certainly welcome XBMC HW acceleration development for Tegra 3 devices.

The nice thing about the Ouya is that even if you don't believe in it as far as the software goes, at worst, you'd have a great spec'ed Android box (and wireless controller) for $99 that's pretty much guaranteed to have a huge community of developers backing it, so if you want a regular Android experience, it should be no problem. The makers have already said that the project will be completely open source, so think of it almost like a Nexus device. It won't be nearly as portable as these Android sticks though, which is why I'm still following these threads in case I decide that I want one.

Live2Hustle 11-25-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Should be able to support .mkv files with no issue using the MX Player app from Google Play.
Pretty sure I already tested that with my MK808 and this MX2 as the same type of components inside.

On a sidenote, I found a post stating that the MX2 plays Flash video files without issue.
If you do not already have it (or an earlier version) you will need to download install Flash Player Version 11.1.115.11 and that should do the trick.

*Edit - THANK YOU, R6FOREVER - for my 3,000th Rep point here at Slickdeals. :D :D :D :D
Much appreciated. And, you have excellent taste in automobiles. ;)

So I have to manually install flash player into the device in order it can read flash file? is that what u mean? Srr it might be a dumb question but I really need to know before I pull the trigger. And yes this will be my 1st time to own a device call android stick:yummy:

AkumaX 11-25-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55268852)
I know, I know.....:P

When you guys start talking about your streaming this and NAS that and MKV here and XBMC there and RMVB mine and on and on, I just start thinking about peanut butter - or if I did a load of towels - or, if my kids would like a medium dog or a gigantic mountain of a dog.

Basically everything but the streaming media questions.

I just have some strange aversion to that whole side of PC Sticks and tablets.
Once, way back on some deal I posted for a Zenithink 7" tablet about 2 yrs ago someone tried to walk me through it.
I've been mind-melting ever since, whenever it comes up.

I can check compatibility for you if you send me a link or how/where to download an RMVP file, but if streaming from a NAS throws a wrench in the program, I can't help you there.
No NAS set up to stream from and not trying.
I have the MK808, which is similar to the MX2, minus the Bluetooth function and a lot of this stuff should be cross-compatible.
If it works for mine, it should work for yours.

As above, I believe MX Player can solve nearly all file questions.
It's pretty outstanding.

Lol, NAS's aren't that bad :P
In it's simplest form, its what it is: just a shared folder accessible through the network.

So what's your typical "story" (as in, how would this Android on a Stick be used for you?)
Example:
- You download a new "legal" video file from torrent on your computer
- Copy it to USB drive?
- Plug into Stick
- Play?

To me, the whole point of getting the stick is to play stuff you download off the interne- i mean, playback converted family movie files...
But anyways, copying it to a USB drive can get a little cumbersome.

In it's simplest form, a "NAS" is just a shared folder. You don't need a RAID5 5-bay Drobo or whatever. The easiest thing to do to your story is:
(step 0) - create a shared folder from (I'm assuming) your Windows machine
- Copy (or even, download directly) into shared folder
- Using ES File Explorer, navigate to shared network folder
- Play?

How to create a shared folder? Pick a random folder (or create a new one, say C:\Shared)
Right click -> Sharing -> Share
Go to your network properties, find out what your local IP address is (it's probably going to be something like 192.168.1.100)
In ES File Explorer, you can add in a shared folder by typing in that IP address

It's not that bad, really :P

AkumaX 11-25-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Hustle (Post 55269282)
So I have to manually install flash player into the device in order it can read flash file? is that what u mean? Srr it might be a dumb question but I really need to know before I pull the trigger. And yes this will be my 1st time to own a device call android stick:yummy:

Seems like it. I guess you just install Flash Player Version 11.xx, and you're good to go?

Unless you're talking about .flv files, which, in that case, MXPlayer can handle no problem :P

and yes, this particular stick is very very tempting. it would be my 1st if i decide to jump. the youtube video really sold it..
if it's in stock still by monday, i'm pretty sure i'll jump :lol:

Evo-IC 11-25-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Hustle (Post 55269282)

No. Yours should have Flash Player already installed.
If it's not, I found that the version I posted above works perfectly for the MX1/MX2 in the event that you need to download it.
There are, what seems like, a zillion versions of Flash Player out there floating around.
I just wanted to document which version works in this thread for later reference if someone needs it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55269318)
Lol, NAS's aren't that bad :P
In it's simplest form, its what it is: just a shared folder accessible through the network.

So what's your typical "story" (as in, how would this Android on a Stick be used for you?)
Example:
- Copy it to USB drive?
- Plug into Stick
- Play?

To me, the whole point of getting the stick is to play stuff you download off the interne- i mean, playback converted family movie files...
But anyways, copying it to a USB drive can get a little cumbersome.

*snip*

It's not that bad, really :P

MicroSd cards.
I download movies for the kids from YouTube using a video converter and then put it on a MicroSD card.
When we have the tablet(s) in the car, we have the movies with us.
When they want to watch a favorite, I can pop it into the PC Stick.
I also do this with torrent movies, although, far less.
Remember, the original point was for tablets, which I've been a bit addicted to for the past few years - now with the PC Stick, I can just use the internet / YouTube directly for them - BUT, if I take the stick to hook to a friend's TV so the kids can watch - I have the movies with me. ;)

Why plug a USB memory stick into my USB PC Stick? :D
MicroSD works perfectly.

While I agree that copying over to another form of media can be a pain, it is necessary if I want to be mobile with the media and also......have you tried having kids, they're a bit of work anyways.
You're not going to win either way, lol.

Live2Hustle 11-25-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55269420)
No. Yours should have Flash Player already installed.
If it's not, I found that the version I posted above works perfectly for the MX1/MX2 in the event that you need to download it.
There are, what seems like, a zillion versions of Flash Player out there floating around.
I just wanted to document which version works in this thread for later reference if someone needs it.

MicroSd cards.
I download movies for the kids from YouTube using a video converter and then put it on a MicroSD card.
Remember, the original point was for tablets, which I've been a bit addicted to for the past few years - now with the PC Stick, I can just use the internet / YouTube directly for them - BUT, if I take the stick to hook to a friend's TV so the kids can watch - I have the movies with me. ;)

MicroSD works perfectly.

While I agree that copying over to another form of media can be a pain, it is necessary if I want to be mobile with the media and also......have you tried having kids, they're a bit of work anyways.

Thanks buddy Imma get one right now for my mom :P The reason I posted my question above because the specs listed on the mx2 doesn't list mkv on it's support list. Even though it has similar components inside like the mk808. The MK808 specs has mkv on it. That where I got lost o.0 lol btw Imma buy one now , so my dumb tv can play mkv movie and my parents can entertain themselves after along day of work .

AkumaX 11-25-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55269420)
MicroSd cards.

MicroSD works perfectly.

Haha yes, microsd cards are great! If I happen to order this, I'll let you know if it works with 64gb :P

So your downloaded movies mainly go into tablets for on-the-go viewing. Of course it makes sense to copy to microsd.

You use a YouTube video downloader, not a converter, right?

Anyways, you should try a simple shared folder, one day. Doesn't hurt :D

Live2Hustle 11-25-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55269352)
Seems like it. I guess you just install Flash Player Version 11.xx, and you're good to go?

Unless you're talking about .flv files, which, in that case, MXPlayer can handle no problem :P

and yes, this particular stick is very very tempting. it would be my 1st if i decide to jump. the youtube video really sold it..
if it's in stock still by monday, i'm pretty sure i'll jump :lol:

Lol I'm very tempting too. Imma get one for my parent now then Imma get one for my self:P. Lets see how it turns out. Hopefully this stick will last for awhile :rolleyes:

Evo-IC 11-25-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Hustle (Post 55269550)
Thanks buddy Imma get one right now for my mom :P The reason I posted my question above because the specs listed on the mx2 doesn't list mkv on it's support list. Even though it has similar components inside like the mk808. The MK808 specs has mkv on it. That where I got lost o.0 lol btw Imma buy one now , so my dumb tv can play mkv movie and my parents can entertain themselves after along day of work .

No worries, you're welcome and welcome to the dark side. :P
Enjoy your new addiction.
Please post up your thoughts when you get it.
The more users commenting, the better it is for the people that come weeks / months down the line.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 55269628)
Haha yes, microsd cards are great! If I happen to order this, I'll let you know if it works with 64gb :P

So your downloaded movies mainly go into tablets for on-the-go viewing. Of course it makes sense to copy to microsd.

You use a YouTube video downloader, not a converter, right?

Anyways, you should try a simple shared folder, one day. Doesn't hurt :D

Would it be suspicious if I avoided the answer to the bold question? :lol:
Post back here with your impressions.
The best thing to do for the Slickdeals community and just the people out there Googling for information, is to post a review once you actually have it in-hand so there are real-world comments and conversations to refer to.
All of these online companies that post their OWN videos are going to cut it however they need to in order to make it look good.
REAL users posting impressions are the best thing for everyone involved.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Hustle (Post 55269638)
Lol I'm very tempting too. Imma get one for my parent now then Imma get one for my self:P. Lets see how it turns out. Hopefully this stick will last for awhile :rolleyes:

I do not believe that they can go up from here anytime soon.
I think they can go sideways, adding things like total internal storage or an additional port or two, but not up.
It gets expensive and some would argue pointless to start ramping the RAM to 1.5GB, 2GB, etc.
And the big one, the CPU, I just cannot see the point or the intelligence of putting a Quad-core CPU in such a small space with only passive cooling to get the heat off of the components in a decent fashion.

I think this will be the settling point and the next obvious bumps will be what was listed above (which are sort of irrelevant to me) and a new version of Android.
This is a solid place to jump in.

Live2Hustle 11-25-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 55269736)
No worries, you're welcome and welcome to the dark side. :P
Enjoy your new addiction.
Please post up your thoughts when you get it.
The more users commenting, the better it is for the people that come weeks / months down the line.

Would it be suspicious if I avoided the answer to the bold question? :lol:
Post back here with your impressions.
The best thing to do for the Slickdeals community and just the people out there Googling for information, is to post a review once you actually have it in-hand so there are real-world comments and conversations to refer to.
All of these online companies that post their OWN videos are going to cut it however they need to in order to make it look good.
REAL users posting impressions are the best thing for everyone involved.

I do not believe that they can go up from here anytime soon.
I think they can go sideways, adding things like total internal storage or an additional port or two, but not up.
It gets expensive and some would argue pointless to start ramping the RAM to 1.5GB, 2GB, etc.
And the big one, the CPU, I just cannot see the point or the intelligence of putting a Quad-core CPU in such a small space with only passive cooling to get the heat off of the components in a decent fashion.

I think this will be the settling point and the next obvious bumps will be what was listed above (which are sort of irrelevant to me) and a new version of Android.
This is a solid place to jump in.

I'm a bit concerning about the shipping option. They stated free shipping included tracking numbers is this reliable? or I have to pay extra bucks to ship by reliable shipping company like DHL,EMS,... Thank you for helping me out though .

esc1a 11-25-2012 02:14 AM

can this play Hulu, viki app?

Evo-IC 11-25-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Hustle (Post 55269992)
I'm a bit concerning about the shipping option. They stated free shipping included tracking numbers is this reliable? or I have to pay extra bucks to ship by reliable shipping company like DHL,EMS,... Thank you for helping me out though .

I honestly cannot say for sure what the answer to this would be.
I left the $1.99 box checked when I ordered mine, so I'm not sure what the alternative is or how it goes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by esc1a (Post 55270386)
can this play Hulu, viki app?

A Slickdeals member commented on Hulu earlier in the thread: LINK

I have no idea what Viki is.

eViLNeWBiE06 11-25-2012 03:58 AM

If I leave this thing on 24/7 (connected to my TV in my bedroom all the time), is it going to die pretty fast?