Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Get $100 Bonus when you open Bank of America Checking account w/ DD (http://slickdeals.net/f/5576660-get-100-bonus-when-you-open-bank-of-america-checking-account-w-dd)

tex1des 11-25-2012 01:40 AM

Get $100 Bonus when you open Bank of America Checking account w/ DD

1 Attachment(s)
Deal Info page [bankofamerica.com]

Account Opening Link [bankofamerica.com]

Steps:

Fill out our easy online application using Offer Code BAW100.

Set up and receive a qualifying Direct Deposit into your new checking account within 90 days of account opening.

After you complete these steps, $100 will be deposited into your new checking account.

benedict 11-25-2012 02:12 AM

does paypal still count as an ACH push?

MaizeOut 11-27-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benedict (Post 55270374)

I'll keep you posted on that. My wife and I opened one account each in early August and we haven't got our $100 bonus yet. They said I'd have to wait 90 business days.

youzi 11-27-2012 12:01 PM

link not working for me, only shows choices of saving, not checking.

MaizeOut 11-27-2012 12:21 PM

Just got a couple of letters today. They both say that my wife's account and mine did not qualify for $100 bonus because they didn't meet direct deposit requirement. I did several deposits including Paypal and some transfers from ING Direct. I guess none of those qualified.

GeoffreyN 11-29-2012 12:31 PM

Sitting on ~$720 in BofA credit card rewards. Any advice if this is the best account opening bonus to expect, and if it's worth doing to get the extra $72 in reward money in addition to the $100 opening bonus?

Also, eChecking where you pretend tellers don't exist has no fees, correct? No minimum balance or anything like that?

Looks like we have until the end of December 2013 to open the account with this bonus...

Considering setting up my direct deposit to be ~$100 2x a month into this account until I get the bonus.

dabuddha 11-29-2012 12:36 PM

What's the minimum direct deposit required? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT:

Quote:

No monthly maintenance fee when you set up at least one qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more each month, for example with payroll or Social Security payments, or maintain an average daily balance of $1,500 or more in your account. Otherwise the charge is $12 per month.
For the MyAccess checking account.

Quote:

No monthly maintenance fee when you choose paperless statements and make your deposits and withdrawals online or by ATM, without a teller, otherwise the fee is $8.95 per month
for the eBanking checking account

I wonder if the ebanking checking account qualifies

tenwinecans 11-29-2012 07:50 PM

I went to the nearest Bank of American branch. The teller and the manger looked it up on their computer. Apparently my employer is not one of the companies in this "Bank of America at Work" program so I may not qualify to receive the $100 bonus. (my company is a very large corporation, but we do all our corporate and employee banking with the Citibank)

Does anyone have a list of the companies in this program? I want to forward this deal to my friends/relatives, but don't want to waste their time if their employer isn't one of the eligible ones.

"To receive the bonus: To receive the offer, you must (1) open a qualifying new personal checking account through the Bank of America at Work® program..."

"Eligibility for the Bank of America at Work® program terminates when (a) you terminate your relationship with the sponsoring company or organization or (b) the sponsoring company’s or organization’s Bank of America at Work® program plan is terminated by either the company or organization or Bank of America, at which time rates and fees will revert to the current rates and fees as stated in the Personal Schedule of Fees."

GeoffreyN 11-29-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenwinecans (Post 55510246)
I went to the nearest Bank of American branch. The teller and the manger looked it up on their computer. Apparently my employer is not one of the companies in this "Bank of America at Work" program so I may not qualify to receive the $100 bonus. (my company is a very large corporation, but we do all our corporate and employee banking with the Citibank)

Does anyone have a list of the companies in this program? I want to forward this deal to my friends/relatives, but don't want to waste their time if their employer isn't one of the eligible ones.

"To receive the bonus: To receive the offer, you must (1) open a qualifying new personal checking account through the Bank of America at Work® program..."

"Eligibility for the Bank of America at Work® program terminates when (a) you terminate your relationship with the sponsoring company or organization or (b) the sponsoring company’s or organization’s Bank of America at Work® program plan is terminated by either the company or organization or Bank of America, at which time rates and fees will revert to the current rates and fees as stated in the Personal Schedule of Fees."

There are member organizations in this "program"? I find that ridiculous! Not one of the benefits of being in the bank [...] at work program is actually a benefit of the program. Every feature they list is open to personal account holders (e.g., online banking, direct deposit, no debit charge liability (this one is federally mandated I think)...). So yea, can anyone verify the people at this branch know what they're talking about with the "you have to work for a member organization" thing??

tenwinecans 11-29-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoffreyN (Post 55514758)
There are member organizations in this "program"? I find that ridiculous! Not one of the benefits of being in the bank [...] at work program is actually a benefit of the program. Every feature they list is open to personal account holders (e.g., online banking, direct deposit, no debit charge liability (this one is federally mandated I think)...). So yea, can anyone verify the people at this branch know what they're talking about with the "you have to work for a member organization" thing??

'

well... I went down to the BoA branch with a million in cash, ready to open an account,
in order to get the $100 bonus. :D The manager asked me what company I worked
for and typed it in on the application on her computer. It came back showing "eligible
organization? No" I brought along a print out of the BoA website with this $100 new
acct offer which mentioned "Bank of America at Work Program". That's what the
manger typed on her computer. She said she never heard of this program and asked
where I heard about this offer. I just said a friend told me about it. (not going to mention
Slickdeals, obviously :D )

The manager did say that she was happy to open a new acct for me, but couldn't
guarantee 100% that the $100 will show up in my acct. (due to the fact that my
company name came back as a "No") FYI, my current employer is the one of the
four biggest pharmaceutical companies in the US.

I ended up not opening the acct and left BoA.

w4ffl3 11-30-2012 05:54 PM

Yeah, I tried to do this online (and didn't notice it was a Bank of America at Work thing), and got an email saying they couldn't open my account. I was pretty confused because my credit is really good, but it makes sense if they couldn't because I don't work for one of the participating companies.

damnthatsadeal 12-01-2012 05:11 AM

Would this work if this is up with EDD?

DealGuy 12-01-2012 07:06 PM

Is there a link to find which companies fall into this program?

MaizeOut 12-02-2012 02:08 PM

I would like to give more feedback about the bank.

After my wife and I got the letter that we weren't qualified, I contacted the customer service online. They told me to call instead. I called them and, without any hassle, they said that $100 would be deposited into my account. I asked if he could do the same thing for my wife's account and I told him that he could talk to my wife directly over this call. He said it's the bank's policy that it's one account per call.

So, another call was made. My wife was told that there was no promotion during that time frame in Pennsylvania. And she was told, even if there was a promotion, she would have to make at least $2,000 deposit. She made another call and was told the same thing by another customer service. She tried to explain that she opened the account on the same day that I did and she did everything as I did. She later got a hold of a manager and was told that there was indeed a promotion on her account. But she had to call later because the marketing department was close.

After all these, I'm sorry to say that I've lost trust with Bank of America. We're considering closing all of our accounts that we have with Bank of America. It's not about the incentive. Banking is all about trust.

aristowong 12-02-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benedict (Post 55270374)

paypal does not count anymore. tried it at my local branch.

GeoffreyN 01-14-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenwinecans (Post 55510246)

I expect enough time has passed to determine if you received the bonus or not?

phaminshamin 01-14-2013 01:20 PM

http://www.maximizingmoney.com/ba...t-deposit/
This site says to qualify:

To receive the offer, you must open a personal checking account through the Bank of America at Work program and set up qualifying direct deposit into your checking account within 90 days.

You must use the Offer Code BAW100 in order to qualify for this offer.

There is a limit of 1 incentive per customer.

You must not be a current personal checking customer.

You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on a Bank of America personal checking account that was closed within the last 6 months.

This offer does not apply to second or multiple accounts.

This offer cannot be combined and is not eligible with other offers.

Normal opening deposit requirements apply for the account opened.

Accounts must be in good standing at the time of qualification.

Take advantage of this Bank of America at Work promotion to get a $100 new personal checking account bonus.

tenwinecans 01-15-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoffreyN (Post 56844582)
I expect enough time has passed to determine if you received the bonus or not?

never bothered to open the account since the BoA branch manager said
my company wasn't included in the promo. :(