Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   32GB Asus EeePad Transformer Infinity TF700T-B1-GR @ $449.99 FS w/$25 KickBack (or NoTaxOption) (http://slickdeals.net/e/5577608-32gb-asus-eeepad-transformer-infinity-tf700t-b1-gr-449-99-fs-w-25-kickback-or-notaxoption)

NewtonFine 11-25-2012 07:31 AM

32GB Asus EeePad Transformer Infinity TF700T-B1-GR @ $449.99 FS w/$25 KickBack (or NoTaxOption)

As part of Best Buy's CyberMonday Sale, they are offering up the Asus EeePad Transformer TF700T 32GB for $449.99. As additional incentive, BB is offering $25 CashBack in the form of a savings code to be used at a later date.

The TF700T-B1 link on BB's website can be found HERE [bestbuy.com]
Details concerning BB's "Free $25 Savings Code" can be found HERE [bestbuy.com]

Don't forget to use your favorite cashback website & CC for additional discounts, and stack on RewardZone points as well.

UPDATE

If tax kills the above deal for you, J&R Computer World (in NY) is offering the TF700T for $459.00 w/FS. Use coupon code "TURKEY10" for $10 off $75 at checkout to drop your final price to $449.00. Use J&R Rewards, etc. for additional savings and free expedited shipping. Click HERE [jr.com] for the link. EDIT : J&R has placed tablets on the exclusion list for use of their "TURKEY10" coupon. Better off contacting a CSR at J&R (#800-254-5433) and PMing [jr.com] to BestBuy, etc.. Thanks, atomyc.

wikipost 11-25-2012 07:31 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Amazon has it for $449 as well, but no bonus kickback: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TF700T...Promotions - it's been that price all week.

TinCanFury 11-25-2012 07:41 AM

hrmm, *Prime or Note 10.1? decisions decisions...

Infinity as noted below...

funkmasterta 11-25-2012 08:21 AM

what about Nexus 10?

TinCanFury 11-25-2012 08:41 AM

I like the idea of expandable storage. videos, music, etc, can take up space fast.
I like the idea of the keyboard dock. 90% of what I use my laptop for can be done on a tablet, and a keyboard would make it much easier for that stuff.

as far as I can tell the TF700 is much faster and has better battery life under general use as well.

Do I need a screen as fancy as the Nexus 10? no, and I've read very good things about the TF700 screen.
Do I need the extra 1GB of RAM? it would be nice, but probably not from what I've read.

That said, I can't really think of why I'd want the Note 10.1 over the TF700, I guess I'm waiting for someone to make a good argument for it over the TF700 (or the Nexus 10 other than the expandable storage issue)

Also, I just googled and apparently it is possible to run Ubuntu on the TF700, which gives it another bump for me...
</ talking to myself out loud>

blackblaze 11-25-2012 08:44 AM

Great side by side review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6m7ZLetMo

sofeisty 11-25-2012 08:48 AM

Wow, that is a great price. Still loving my Tf300t but am watching the market get flooded with deals for it and know it's losing value faster than I'd hoped.

SlickSniper 11-25-2012 09:16 AM

this is the infinity not prime, awesome tablet.

xvoltM2 11-25-2012 09:30 AM

For what its worth it was on Amazon and couple other places for $428, a few day ago.

TinCanFury 11-25-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickSniper (Post 55276662)
this is the infinity not prime, awesome tablet.

oops, right, too many names...

TinCanFury 11-25-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xvoltM2 (Post 55277228)
For what its worth it was on Amazon and couple other places for $428, a few day ago.

http://urlhasbeenblocked/ASUS-TF7...B008F4NL04

sadly, you're right! would have been nice had I noticed...

atomyc 11-25-2012 10:31 AM

Ebay [ebay.com] has it for $435 F/S.

FunOne 11-25-2012 10:31 AM

I bought the TF700 from Amazon after doing quite a bit of research on tablets and am extremely happy with it. I love the ability to control my work desktop remotely from the tablet and the battery life with the keyboard dock is excellent. I like how the tablet charges off the dock and have never yet run into a situation where I needed to max out the brightness. I tinker with photography and love the usb and sd card slots on the dock. When I insert the sd card the photos load quickly and thumbnails are displayed in a row at the bottom of the screen for a really nice preview and easy selection. I really can't think of a single thing I have been disapointed in with the tablet. One thing I will definitely recommend is a touch screen stylus to keep fingerprints down.

This is the stylus I use and absolutely love it:

http://www.amazon.com/Accessorise...tylus+slim

blackblaze 11-25-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunOne (Post 55279498)
I bought the TF700 from Amazon after doing quite a bit of research on tablets and am extremely happy with it. I love the ability to control my work desktop remotely from the tablet and the battery life with the keyboard dock is excellent. I like how the tablet charges off the dock and have never yet run into a situation where I needed to max out the brightness. I tinker with photography and love the usb and sd card slots on the dock. When I insert the sd card the photos load quickly and thumbnails are displayed in a row at the bottom of the screen for a really nice preview and easy selection. I really can't think of a single thing I have been disapointed in with the tablet. One thing I will definitely recommend is a touch screen stylus to keep fingerprints down.

If it wasn't for the Samsung ATIV 500T, I'd probably get the TF700 combo. It was between desktop productivity in tablet form vs entertainment tablet. I do wonder which is the better companion for photography, for example, would either candidate be good for tethering photos.

FunOne 11-25-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackblaze (Post 55279664)
If it wasn't for the Samsung ATIV 500T, I'd probably get the TF700 combo. It was between desktop productivity in tablet form vs entertainment tablet. I do wonder which is the better companion for photography, for example, would either candidate be good for tethering photos.

I just tinker with photos (mostly the kids and family) so I'm not that familiar with tethering sorry. I am absolutely amazed at the amount and quality of photo editing software on Android though. As I'm typing this it reminded me of another of my favorite things is that there is a row of hotkeys on the dock and one of them shuts off the touchpad so while you are typing your palms don't make it go bonkers and then you just press the button again to turn it back on.

atomyc 11-25-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewtonFine (Post 55273480)
As part of Best Buy's CyberMonday Sale, they are offering up the Asus EeePad Transformer TF700T 32GB for $449.99. As additional incentive, BB is offering $25 CashBack in the form of a savings code to be used at a later date.

The TF700T-B1 link on BB's website can be found HERE [bestbuy.com]
Details concerning BB's "Free $25 Savings Code" can be found HERE [bestbuy.com]

Don't forget to use your favorite cashback website & CC for additional discounts, and stack on RewardZone points as well.

UPDATE

If tax kills the above deal for you, J&R Computer World (in NY) is offering the TF700T for $459.00 w/FS. Use coupon code "TURKEY10" for $10 off $75 at checkout to drop your final price to $449.00. Use J&R Rewards, etc. for additional savings and free expedited shipping. Click HERE [jr.com] for the link.

code won't work with tablets. from j r :

* Exclusions: TURKEY10 Savings not valid with any other offers, coupons, promotions, tablets, Bose, Miele, Dyson, and select products from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Roland, Yamaha, Gibson, Casio and/or Tamron.

ZeroChaos 11-25-2012 11:01 AM

So the lowest price you can get on this is....$420 after all CB and discounts, which is still cheaper and better than the iPad 4.

sumthin_gud 11-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmasterta (Post 55274856)
what about Nexus 10?

looks like a good device at the price point. nothing extraordinary though, and this day and age lag is not a good excuse. the processor is powerful but ive read that it still jitters from time to time, and its because it has to drive that beast resolution

nexus 10 next year will be way better, and probably be of better value

NewtonFine 11-25-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomyc (Post 55280094)
code won't work with tablets. from j r :

* Exclusions: TURKEY10 Savings not valid with any other offers, coupons, promotions, tablets, Bose, Miele, Dyson, and select products from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Roland, Yamaha, Gibson, Casio and/or Tamron.

Thanks 4 reading the fine print. :cool: EDITED.

NewtonFine 11-25-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomyc (Post 55279492)
Ebay [ebay.com] has it for $435 F/S.

FLeABay = inferior return policy + higher extended warranty costs.

Not worth the $15 savings IMHO.

Reikon 11-25-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumthin_gud (Post 55281398)
looks like a good device at the price point. nothing extraordinary though, and this day and age lag is not a good excuse. the processor is powerful but ive read that it still jitters from time to time, and its because it has to drive that beast resolution

nexus 10 next year will be way better, and probably be of better value

And I hear the Transformer series lags because they use slow flash.

TinCanFury 11-25-2012 12:14 PM

made the decision, purchased the TF700 through Amazon, now to find a good deal on the keyboard...

NewtonFine 11-25-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

what about Nexus 10?

I very much like the Nexus 10 having 2GB RAM for superior multitasking capability. Hopefully, having 2GB RAM will address any lag issues a unit may possess. Aside from that though, the keyboard dock sells me on the Asus Transformer series. The superior screen resolution of the Nexus 10 is plain overkill and is a virtually useless nicety/perk.

Whether we are talking about the iPad 3/4, Nexus 10, Asus TF700T, etc., etc., so long as all of these models can do 1080p native (HDTV standard rez) on screen & off they should be able to accomplish whatever consumer or professional task put to it. That is, until they come out with DisplayPort adaptor connectivity allowing one to connect a tablet to a 2560x1440 display. Then, and only then, will you find photographers truly "wetting" themselves over whichever tablet that may be.

getbigtony 11-25-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

what about Nexus 10?

Does have the best resolution. Even more than iPad

endlesscash 11-25-2012 12:39 PM

best tablet period, and I have had them all, or close to.

didadi 11-25-2012 01:00 PM

TF700T, with option of microSD - probably best tablet ever. I hate manufacturers not putting the option to expand memory and get us into buy-discard loop.... This BF I bought a 64GB uSD card slot..which allows to store more stuff. But reading now that Nexus10 has best resolution....

jt_04 11-25-2012 01:06 PM

i just bought this for $428 off amazon, which I think was a better deal, especially after the 3% cashback via my amazon credit card.

I love the tablet, and chose it over the nexus 10 because of the lower price, expandable storage, optional keyboard dock, better camera, and lower resolution (I read a review that said that some apps have trouble displaying on the nexus 10's super high resolution, and I thought that the tf700's 1920x1200 was enough for me).

elimarty 11-25-2012 01:29 PM

got this for $429 from tiger direct a few weeks ago as a gift for my spouse, and also 6% cash back from a cash back site on top of that, so total was $404.19 after cash back.... also no tax and free shipping.

spouse loves the tablet.

beeb 11-25-2012 01:35 PM

I would go with the sammy for sttreamed entertainment if you are using a home server or nas, or streaming 1080 internet source and your home connection is over 3mps.. sammy has faster flash and dual band wifi which means streaming 1080mkvs will be no issue. they are an issue on infinity

PooMBA 11-25-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroChaos (Post 55280532)
So the lowest price you can get on this is....$420 after all CB and discounts, which is still cheaper and better than the iPad 4.

Cheaper sure, but better than iPad? Lol. You are in denial little fella, aren't you?

stm69 11-25-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reikon (Post 55283148)
And I hear the Transformer series lags because they use slow flash.

They do, there are 3rd party utilities and ROMs available that will make it a night and day tablet. The 3rd party utilities basically intercept write requests and cache them which prevents much of the lag seen. CleanROM in particular will make a HUGE difference.

All of this comes at voiding your warranty however. ASUS voids when the bootlocker is unlocked.

cstu 11-25-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PooMBA (Post 55286636)
Cheaper sure, but better than iPad? Lol. You are in denial little fella, aren't you?

The iPad 4 has a better CPU and screen, but like other iPads it's not as functional as other tablets. A 32 GB iPad 4 costs $599 and you can't add memory via microSD. It also doesn't have a USB port or the ability to attach a keyboard dock.

stm69 11-25-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getbigtony (Post 55283732)
Does have the best resolution. Even more than iPad

Quote:

Originally Posted by didadi (Post 55284932)
TF700T, with option of microSD - probably best tablet ever. I hate manufacturers not putting the option to expand memory and get us into buy-discard loop.... This BF I bought a 64GB uSD card slot..which allows to store more stuff. But reading now that Nexus10 has best resolution....

Higher resolution seems to come at a cost. Numerous reviews suggest that the Nexus 10 screen, while looking great, may give up some color accuracy, overall lag, and brightness to the Infinity.

From http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/0...10-review/
Quote:

The resolution is indeed quite nice but in many ways, the Super IPS+ panel on the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 is even nicer, and other than that new keyboard there's nothing much in Android 4.2 to get excited about right now.

christoh 11-25-2012 02:44 PM

i happen to own both the asus tf 700 and the new nexus 10 ...in addition i own the newest ipad ..i always am interested in the newest and best in everything and money is an afterthought (i am on sd because i am not stupid and dont enjoy wasting money)anywho i like each for different reasons love the keyboard on the asus thats the best for this device. for the nexus its the screen baby its awesome better then retina in my opinion now for appie just cant beat there ecosystem/w the apps ...in my opinion they are all fine but tweak it to your likings reps aint needed so forgetaboutit!!!!!!!!!!

Behave 11-25-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackblaze (Post 55275624)

I purchased the Note 10.1 for ~$400 via the Toys r us deal but I did not open it. I was concerned that the Asus would be a better choice. However, I am concerned about the quality control and customer service of Asus. My Samsung 10.1 was rock solid and I sold it.

In regards to the above video link, look at 15:11 into the movie, the reviewer points out the QC issue that HAPPENS when she is reviewing it. "The screen just borked on me....:." "Dear, another line just appeared...." "I guess the quality controls aren't completely fixed...."

23:50 "....the display is biting the dust...." :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry Asus, get your QC and CS together.

PooMBA 11-25-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstu (Post 55287952)
The iPad 4 has a better CPU and screen, but like other iPads it's not as functional as other tablets. A 32 GB iPad 4 costs $599 and you can't add memory via microSD. It also doesn't have a USB port or the ability to attach a keyboard dock.

And Android tablets having such features makes them better. LOL. :lol:

alterego 11-25-2012 04:23 PM

Why does every Android device thread draw comparisons to iPride? The deal is for an Android device and no one needs to compare it with the iPride...

nick79 11-25-2012 04:33 PM

note is the winner for sure. just look at the lines on the screen she got in that mobiletechreview video on asus. after that, why would you even care about the speed and stuff... let alone the wacomm digitizer/s-pen stylus and apps. and touchwiz makes you smile more than standard uncustomized android type stuff on asus. oh and the colors on that background photograph... samsung! hands down!

overclocked 11-25-2012 05:41 PM

im sorry guys. but coming from someone who has owned 3 tf 700. . every Transformer to be honest. Hp touchpad, atom windows tablets(7&8) nook color, and a few more. I love android. I have a galaxy note with custom jelly bean rom. Point is..lots of experience. Stay away from the tf700. Everyone i have had has had massive screen light bleed. There is also some serious I/o issue which gives you an annoying stutter.

I hate apple with a passion!! But!!! Nothing on the market can compete with the ipad 4 right now. The thing is just fast and smooth. Believe me I hate typing this. The OEM's need to get there shnit together!!

If you are getting an android tablet.. Get either the note 10.1 or Nexus. .

The reason everyone compares to ipad is because its the king of the hill. Apple can make 3 good things. Great marketing, Crazy Fanboys, and the Ipad

Behave 11-25-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick79 (Post 55292156)
note is the winner for sure. just look at the lines on the screen she got in that mobiletechreview video on asus. after that, why would you even care about the speed and stuff... let alone the wacomm digitizer/s-pen stylus and apps. and touchwiz makes you smile more than standard uncustomized android type stuff on asus. oh and the colors on that background photograph... samsung! hands down!

:iagree::repped::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by overclocked (Post 55294292)
im sorry guys. but coming from someone who has owned 3 tf 700. . every Transformer to be honest. Hp touchpad, atom windows tablets(7&8) nook color, and a few more. I love android. I have a galaxy note with custom jelly bean rom. Point is..lots of experience. Stay away from the tf700. Everyone i have had has had massive screen light bleed. There is also some serious I/o issue which gives you an annoying stutter.

I hate apple with a passion!! But!!! Nothing on the market can compete with the ipad 4 right now. The thing is just fast and smooth. Believe me I hate typing this. The OEM's need to get there shnit together!!

If you are getting an android tablet.. Get either the note 10.1 or Nexus. .

The reason everyone compares to ipad is because its the king of the hill. Apple can make 3 good things. Great marketing, Crazy Fanboys, and the Ipad

But what would I do with all my android apps? ;)

Apple was predicted to be the next Sony, a great company to a good company after the loss of Jobs. Sell your stock soon.

overclocked 11-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behave (Post 55294314)
:iagree::repped::punk::punk::punk::punk:

But what would I do with all my android apps? ;)

Apple was predicted to be the next Sony, a great company to a good company after the loss of Jobs. Sell your stock soon.

I know!! Also everything on Apples app market costs more than on android. 2.99 for angry birds star wars vs Free. Their app market is expensive!! I merely commented on the hardware

overclocked 11-25-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behave (Post 55288850)
I purchased the Note 10.1 for ~$400 via the Toys r us deal but I did not open it. I was concerned that the Asus would be a better choice. However, I am concerned about the quality control and customer service of Asus. My Samsung 10.1 was rock solid and I sold it.

In regards to the above video link, look at 15:11 into the movie, the reviewer points out the QC issue that HAPPENS when she is reviewing it. "The screen just borked on me....:." "Dear, another line just appeared...." "I guess the quality controls aren't completely fixed...."

23:50 "....the display is biting the dust...." :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry Asus, get your QC and CS together.

stick with the note. I love ASUS motherboards but they seem to have an issue with tablets.

diaby2 11-25-2012 05:51 PM

Pulled the trigger on the Asus TF700 ($459) and Galaxy Note 10.1 ($449) from J&R. With Discover cashback promos going on, I think that amounts to 12% I should get back.

I read J&R has a price-matching policy that seems to be pretty good. I'm not sure how long after the purchase they'll honor it but right now the cheapest 32gb Asus is ($449). Let's say in a week or two, the price for either one of these tablets drops like $30 or so.

If I try to price match, will that void the Discover cashback? I read somewhere that even contacting customer service, let alone changing the order, will prevent Discover from issuing anything.

Your thoughts?

Behave 11-25-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diaby2 (Post 55294576)
Pulled the trigger on the Asus TF700 ($459) and Galaxy Note 10.1 ($449) from J&R. With Discover cashback promos going on, I think that amounts to 12% I should get back.

I read J&R has a price-matching policy that seems to be pretty good. I'm not sure how long after the purchase they'll honor it but right now the cheapest 32gb Asus is ($449). Let's say in a week or two, the price for either one of these tablets drops like $30 or so.

If I try to price match, will that void the Discover cashback? I read somewhere that even contacting customer service, let alone changing the order, will prevent Discover from issuing anything.

Your thoughts?

Both?

Baldie 11-25-2012 06:07 PM

Note 10.1 just has more capabilities. I debated on the note 10.1, ipad 4, and transformer infinity Black Friday. Got the Note 10.1. I'm hug fan screen resolution when it comes to TV's, but on a tablet? I wanted something that did more besides watch movies, music, and surf the web.

diaby2 11-25-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behave (Post 55294702)
Both?

They're XMAS gifts

NewtonFine 11-25-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diaby2 (Post 55294576)

Your thoughts?

Here's an idea. Just ask the CSR to issue the difference as a store credit. They shouldn't have a problem with satisfying such a request. After that is done, ask to convert it into a gift card for Amazon or whatever, if at all possible. (???)

TDMVP73 11-25-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewtonFine (Post 55298314)
Here's an idea. Just ask the CSR to issue the difference as a store credit. They shouldn't have a problem with satisfying such a request. After that is done, ask to convert it into a gift card for Amazon or whatever, if at all possible. (???)

These were $429.99 for a while at TigerDirect w/ Free Shipping. There was also 6% Cashback... making it effectively $404.19 Shipped in states w/o tax.

Amazon also had them for $428 with Free Shipping.

I would advise waiting a bit and you'll see these drop in price again.

Sometimes NeweggBusiness has promotional codes, and you can take advantage of a sale price + 10 to 15% off.

Here's what the price would look like:
$449.99 - $45 (10%) = $404.99
$429.99 - $43 (10%) = $386.99

$449.99 - $67.50 (15%) = $382.49
$449.99 - $64.50 (15%) = $365.49

If Amazon and TigerDirect could already sell them at $429.99, that means there's a healthy profit margin on these.

funkmasterta 11-25-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stm69 (Post 55287978)
Higher resolution seems to come at a cost. Numerous reviews suggest that the Nexus 10 screen, while looking great, may give up some color accuracy, overall lag, and brightness to the Infinity.

From http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/0...10-review/

Really? You are going to quote engadget? You know engadget is run by a bunch of farckin apple fantards right? Anything that doesn't have a fruity logo is going to get severely criticized by that website. Try other sites instead.

TDMVP73 11-25-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmasterta (Post 55302920)
Really? You are going to quote engadget? You know engadget is run by a bunch of farckin apple fantards right? Anything that doesn't have a fruity logo is going to get severely criticized by that website. Try other sites instead.

Very true. Repped for capturing my feelings in a nutshell. I've totally disagreed with their "reviews" of the latest tech gadgets on more than one occasion.

However, it is a good site to keep updated on tech news.

funkmasterta 11-25-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 55303052)
Very true. Repped for capturing my feelings in a nutshell. I've totally disagreed with their "reviews" of the latest tech gadgets on more than one occasion.

However, it is a good site to keep updated on tech news.

Even tho, you don't need it, repped ya back.

Just spreading the message that engadget is run by a bunch of farkin apple fantards! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am reading other sites instead.

vince22sh 11-26-2012 09:11 AM

this is the best deal for the Infinity??? :( i guess i have to hold out a bit :/

SDRebel 11-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunOne (Post 55279498)

This is the stylus I use and absolutely love it:

http://www.amazon.com/Accessorise...tylus+slim

Thanks,got one of those

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmasterta (Post 55303220)
Even tho, you don't need it, repped ya back.

Just spreading the message that engadget is run by a bunch of farkin apple fantards! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am reading other sites instead.

What other sites you use? I used other sites in the past but mostly forgot about them...but yeah, bunch of apple fans

NewtonFine 11-27-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vince22sh (Post 55328642)
this is the best deal for the Infinity??? :( i guess i have to hold out a bit :/

Yeah, I was disappointed in BF2012 Infinity offers as well. I read somewhere that, supposedly, these units (TF300T, TF700T) will drop substantially during the 1st quarter of 2013 as Asus begins phasing them out to usher in new models. Not sure from what source I gathered such "news" so please do your own DD.

Now that my TF101 is now out-of-warranty, I will be rooting it and installing one of the ROMs available for it while pining away some more for a TF700T or other.

Zavelin 11-27-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewtonFine (Post 55415512)
Yeah, I was disappointed in BF2012 Infinity offers as well. I read somewhere that, supposedly, these units (TF300T, TF700T) will drop substantially during the 1st quarter of 2013 as Asus begins phasing them out to usher in new models. Not sure from what source I gathered such "news" so please do your own DD.

Now that my TF101 is now out-of-warranty, I will be rooting it and installing one of the ROMs available for it while pining away some more for a TF700T or other.

You waited until it was out of warranty to root it? All that wasted time! In the future, you can always reflash the factory rom to the device, and you'll be fine. I've done so with a number of devices that I've rooted only to have crap out on me, like the Nook Color.

NewtonFine 11-28-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zavelin (Post 55419656)
You waited until it was out of warranty to root it? All that wasted time! In the future, you can always reflash the factory rom to the device, and you'll be fine. I've done so with a number of devices that I've rooted only to have crap out on me, like the Nook Color.

Ehh, you got me! The out-of-warranty snippet is just a BS excuse I tell myself, Truth is I just do not enjoy tinkering with HW/SW as much as I once did. Hell, I have yet to finish loading Tomato on my old router, etc, etc.. I practically have a "graveyard" of toys here that need some TLC.