Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Black Friday 2014 (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Discovercard Price Protection BestBuy Toshiba 50" LED (http://slickdeals.net/f/5577612-discovercard-price-protection-bestbuy-toshiba-50-led)

joogle 11-25-2012 07:33 AM

Discovercard Price Protection BestBuy Toshiba 50" LED

Hi - for people who purchased the Toshiba 50" from Bestbuy and if you did on your discovercard, it is eligible for price protection.

The key though is you need a statement from Sears on their letterhead just verifying it is the same model.

I was wondering if someone had that statement or was planning on getting, if so , if you can share it that would be great.

this would be easier if someone here worked for Sears.

thanks

MarlinJ 12-03-2012 02:34 PM

Don't need letterhead

You need:
The Receipt from where you bought it
A copy of the add
A copy of your statement
And you fill out the paper in the packet.

That's it!

joogle 12-03-2012 02:38 PM

I thought I would need a statement signed by the store manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarlinJ (Post 55638332)
You need:
The Receipt from where you bought it
A copy of the add
A copy of your statement
And you fill out the paper in the packet.

That's it!

MarlinJ 12-04-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joogle (Post 55638480)
I thought I would need a statement signed by the store manager

Only if you don't have a dated copy of the Sears add to send to them. The letter from the store manager is only required if the model number of the TV is not in the add and you buy it from somewhere else. Fortunately for this particular item the actual number for the item 50L2200U is in the add

joogle 12-04-2012 09:03 AM

ok thanks, yeah i have the dated ad in hand.

now, i filed the claim yesterday, she said they will mail the paperwork which will arrive in like 10-15 days.

i need to return them within 30 days from the claim date.

except im on vacation outside the state from dec. 7 to jan. 1st.

if for some reason i miss the mail postmark date, do you think i can file the claim again for that november ad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarlinJ (Post 55665704)
Only if you don't have a dated copy of the Sears add to send to them. The letter from the store manager is only required if the model number of the TV is not in the add and you buy it from somewhere else. Fortunately for this particular item the actual number for the item 50L2200U is in the add

inmyveganopinion 12-04-2012 02:37 PM

Discover price protectrion program isnt valid on black friday sales.. not sure if this is a black friday sale you are referencing.

famewolf 12-08-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmyveganopinion (Post 55680910)
Discover price protectrion program isnt valid on black friday sales.. not sure if this is a black friday sale you are referencing.

Not that I'm saying you are wrong, but where are you seeing that black friday sales are excluded?

joogle 12-08-2012 02:04 PM

I guess we'll find out when I return back to the States and submit the claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by famewolf (Post 55828190)
Not that I'm saying you are wrong, but where are you seeing that black friday sales are excluded?

inmyveganopinion 12-09-2012 01:14 AM

Prior to black friday I contacted them by email and they responded and said that it fell under "limited time/unique sales clause" I hope they honor the claim for you

5thElement 12-09-2012 05:23 PM

They will not honor it....

rebelx 12-09-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmyveganopinion (Post 55680910)

I had asked via email because I was skeptical as well. The rep said that Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are included.

inmyveganopinion 12-09-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelx (Post 55867122)
I had asked via email because I was skeptical as well. The rep said that Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are included.

Awesome hope you kept the email. Discover lost quite a bit of business from me since they said it wasnt covered.

Pizzahut 12-09-2012 10:31 PM

is this process easy with discover in general?

famewolf 12-09-2012 10:59 PM

Are there any tools, chrome extensions, userscripts etc that can be used with the discover price guarantee to monitor for price drops? Are online purchases covered and if so is a printout of the webpage offering the item for sale sufficient?

rebelx 12-10-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by famewolf (Post 55872622)
Are there any tools, chrome extensions, userscripts etc that can be used with the discover price guarantee to monitor for price drops? Are online purchases covered and if so is a printout of the webpage offering the item for sale sufficient?

For Amazon, NE, and BB, there's CCC. I don't buy too many things from places outside of Amazon, so that works for me.

According to the rep I spoke with, yes, a screenshot/printout of the ad is sufficient. But another poster earlier said that special sales like BF were excluded. So you might want to do your own homework prior to applying.

rebelx 12-11-2012 10:23 PM

TIL: Apparently, the BoA MasterCard has price protection as well.

"Price Protection_500
Price Protection Terms and Conditions
GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Price Protection offers the lowest price on eligible purchases when purchased with an eligible card. If an
identical item is found at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, you are reimbursed the difference.
 Automatic Enrollment of Purchases
You are automatically enrolled whenever you use an eligible card for the entire purchase price of a
covered item. No registration of the covered purchases is necessary.
 Eligible Items for This Benefit
Most new, non-commercial, retail products that are purchased in full with an eligible card are eligible for
this benefit.
EXCLUSIONS:
The Price Protection program applies only to items purchased in the United States of America, including
Alaska and Hawaii. This program does not cover any of the following:
1. Services
2. Floor models, demonstrator models and one-of-a kind items
3. Live animals and plants
4. Negotiated sales, one-of-a-kind sales, cash only sales
5. Close-out, liquidation, going out of business sales, but only as they relate to a business (not a particular
item) going out of business
6. Items that are advertised as buy one, get one free or where the advertised price includes free offers or
includes a bonus offer.
7. Employee discounts
8. Products purchased at internet auction sites
9. Items advertised or shown as price quotes or bids from an Internet auction site
10. Motorized vehicles of any kind and their parts and equipment, including but not limited to boats or
watercraft, air vehicles, automobiles, trucks and motorcycles
11. Travelers checks, cash or its equivalent or any other negotiable instrument
12. Tickets of any kind, including but not limited to tickets associated with travel bookings such as hotel, air
or cruise, tickets purchased for entertainment including concerts, theatre or sporting events, art objects,
jewelry, rare or precious coins or stamps, bullion, antiques
13. Any used, rebuilt, remanufactured or secondhand items
14. Consumable and perishable items including, but not limited to, food, fuel, oil, household products and
cosmetics
BENEFIT LEVEL:
There is a per item limit of $500 and an annual program payment limit of $2,500 per account. Payment is
made net of any applicable taxes, storage, shipping, handling and postage charges.
FILING A CLAIM:
If, within 60 days after the original store purchase date a customer finds the item at a lower price, at any
store, these simple steps should be followed to file a claim:
1. Within 90 days of the original purchase date, complete the claim form and submit all required
documentation.
2. The claim form must be mailed to Claims Administration, PO Box 6175 Westerville, OH 43086-
6175 with all necessary documentation, including the item, and must be postmarked within 30 days
of the request for the claim form.
3. For any questions regarding the claim form or required documentation, please call Claims
Administration at 1-800-678-0768.
4. Copies of required information include but are not limited to the following:
a) the eligible card receipt for the entire purchase price
b) the sales receipt indicating the date, the store, the item and the amount of purchase
c) either a copy of the dated, printed, lower-price ad or a statement, signed by the store manager on
store stationary, documenting the details of the lower price of the identical item. Price Protection_500
5. Any additional documentation requested must be received within 60 days of the request for such
information in order for the claim to remain eligible for payment.
6. Upon receipt of the completed claim form with all required documentation, one of the following will be
mailed to the customer within 15 business days:
a) a check for the claim amount
b) a request for additional information, or
c) a claim denial letter "

inmyveganopinion 12-20-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joogle (Post 55273556)
Hi - for people who purchased the Toshiba 50" from Bestbuy and if you did on your discovercard, it is eligible for price protection.

The key though is you need a statement from Sears on their letterhead just verifying it is the same model.

I was wondering if someone had that statement or was planning on getting, if so , if you can share it that would be great.

this would be easier if someone here worked for Sears.

thanks

Just curious on the ETA of your Black Friday PM with discover. Since I was told no Im just curious if they gave you any issues with the PM.

joogle 02-06-2013 05:45 PM

Wanted to give a update that I got the check from Discover for $100 today.

The first correspondence I had was submitting the claim, I went on my vacation and submitted the documents (post mark) on Jan. 2nd, which was like the 30th day mark to have it submitted.

Then like 3-4 weeks ago I got a letter giving me a claim number for reference, saying if i ever needed to call to use that claim number.

I didn't do anything, then today checked the mail there was a $100 price protection check from Discover.

Pretty sweet as I got the Discover cashback for this purchase as well.

The only con is I bough the square trade warranty at the $400 price level, which is fine, only a few dollars difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmyveganopinion (Post 56259188)
Just curious on the ETA of your Black Friday PM with discover. Since I was told no Im just curious if they gave you any issues with the PM.