Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones (All Colors) $75 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/e/5583708-v-moda-crossfade-lp-over-ear-noise-isolating-metal-headphones-all-colors-75-free-shipping)

funkycommunist 11-26-2012 03:11 AM

V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones (All Colors) $75 + Free Shipping

Price is good only for November 26th via Amazon Gold Box. The gunmetal, chrome, and white ones were $80 on Amazon a few months back; I think they were at $75 on Newegg at some point as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...ct_title_2

BargainsA 11-26-2012 03:13 AM

V-MODA Crossfade LP Noise-Isolating Headphone $75 - Gold Box Deal of The Day

Usually $130 - $199
Has around 4.5 star rating
Comes in 5 colours

50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent Pending): Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs
Master Crafted Materials: More expensive driver and components than peer headphones at this price range
Musician + DJ Collaboration: Over 50 legendary musicians and DJs collaborated on the sound, durability and features of Crossfade
Analog Noise Isolation: Naturally cut out the distractions of jet engines, crying babies and crowd noise
No Batteries or Artificial Processing: Powerful, pure sound without the two extra digital-to-analog conversions of battery powered headphones that pollute the purity of your music
Minimal sound leakage: Immersive sound for you without bothering others view details
Consistent Driver Quality: The spectacular sound is quality tested at 6 frequencies to maintain stricter consistency than the competition, often by an order of magnitude

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...PDKIKX0DER

uEih 11-26-2012 03:16 AM

Good deal, i got the LP2 and i love it, the price wasn't that great but I mostly got it because of the all black design. I heard the LP is just as good so at this price one of my favorite good quality headphones

vivisimonvi 11-26-2012 03:27 AM

One of the top amazon reviews (2 out of 5 stars) mention a serious design flaw.

Quote:

Unfortunately after a month I noticed the the inner plastic band where the metal adjustment bar that connects the phones to the padding the goes over your head had completely cracked on both sides of the headphones. If you look at the pictures Amazon provides, look at the 6th picture(for the gunmetal version - [...]). The cracks appeared right above the crossfade logo where the 2 screws secure the plastic housing on both sides of headphones(tops of the V). The plastic wasn't just cracked on one screw on each side, it was crack on all 4 screws. This leads me to believe that they had some over-tightening problem when putting in the screws during manufacturing. A day after I discovered the crack, one of the plastic cracked fragments actually fell off the headphones, making it impossible for the headphones to keep tension on the metal adjustment bar.

BargainsA 11-26-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivisimonvi (Post 55318110)

Good thing that amazon will refund for any flaws or if your not happy with your purchace
Just referring from personal experience

uEih 11-26-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BargainsA (Post 55318208)
Good thing that amazon will refund for any flaws or if your not happy with your purchace
Just referring from personal experience

I'm pretty sure the company gives you 2 years warranty too or 1, i forgot. They will replace it. Also lifetime warranty which gives you half off any of their products for life, not sure if this is on their website only or any authorized dealers.

tnguye09 11-26-2012 03:40 AM

how do these compare to the UE triplefi10? got mine during amazon gbdod 2 years ago and they are crapping on me.

HatsuneMiku 11-26-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnguye09 (Post 55318324)
how do these compare to the UE triplefi10? got mine during amazon gbdod 2 years ago and they are crapping on me.

These are headphones. Not earphones. Check out the x10 on the front page.

vivisimonvi 11-26-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uEih (Post 55318320)
I'm pretty sure the company gives you 2 years warranty too or 1, i forgot. They will replace it. Also lifetime warranty which gives you half off any of their products for life, not sure if this is on their website only or any authorized dealers.

So the warranty does not actually correct this flaw but simply replace with another set with the same design flaw?

uEih 11-26-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivisimonvi (Post 55318814)
So the warranty does not actually correct this flaw but simply replace with another set with the same design flaw?

Sure but the other one might not have that overtightening problem, just because one or a few had that problem doesn't make all of them have it.

cheesyatosu 11-26-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivisimonvi (Post 55318110)

The manufacturer has fixed the problem by replacing the problematic plastic piece with metal.

blackblaze 11-26-2012 12:21 PM

V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone @ Amazon for $74.99

All headphone colors available at $74.99. This was previously selling for $130+

Enjoy :cool:

Link [amazon.com]

dandaman1219 11-26-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackblaze (Post 55341820)
All headphone colors available at $74.99. This was previously selling for $130+

Enjoy :cool:

Link [amazon.com]

http://slickdeals.net/f/5583708-V-MODA-Crossfade-LP-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Metal-Headphones-All-Colors-75-Free-Shipping

:wave::shake::wave:

tenchichrono 11-26-2012 12:38 PM

I have like 7 pairs of headphones/earphones... do I really want this one now?

chris2012 11-26-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenchichrono (Post 55342972)
I have like 7 pairs of headphones/earphones... do I really want this one now?

i got about 40 pairs but still jumped on these cans:lol:

bakkasan 11-26-2012 01:27 PM

I keep buying, wife HATES me for it. At least 15 pairs lying around...

unnecessary_comma 11-26-2012 11:17 PM

I really don't need any more headphones so I reluctantly passed on these a few months ago when they were $113 on Amazon. For $75, I'm in.