Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Movado Museum Watch (Men's or Women's) $195 + Free shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5587064-movado-museum-watch-men-s-or-women-s-195-free-shipping)

safari 11-26-2012 11:03 AM

Movado Museum Watch (Men's or Women's) $195 + Free shipping
 
2 Attachment(s)
Jomashop.com has Movado Museum Black Dial Black Leather Strap Mens and Ladies Watches on sales as part of their Cyber Monday deal for $199.00 each (originally $495.00).

these are available for $195 from ashford (Men's or Women's )

Mens Watch [jomashop.com]
Ladies Watch [jomashop.com]

They are also giving a $50 gift certificate to Nakedwines.com with any order over $200 with coupon code FREEWINE: Link [jomashop.com]. You could add this 16-Piece Deluxe Watch Repair Tool Kit [jomashop.com] as a filler for $7.29 (it was the cheapest item I could find on their site).

For those who don't want wine, you could get a free Joseph Abboud Leather Card Case ($29.99 MSRP) with any order over $50 with coupon code FREEWALLET.

Even though in the fine print it said that "these limited coupon offers cannot be combined with any other coupons, discounts, promotions, or flash sale events," the site allowed applying those coupon codes to my cart, which contained a Movado watch. However, the content of the cart didn't change after applying the coupons, except for $0.01 discount being added. It acted the same when applying the coupons to a cart, which didn't contain any discounted items, so hopefully the free gift will come, but even without the free gift, it's still a great deal on Movado watches.

iconian 11-26-2012 11:03 AM

Movado Museum Watch (Men's or Women's) $195 + Free shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
*Update* Price dropped to $195

Joma Deals also has Movado Museum Watch (Men's or Women's) for $195 + free shipping + $50 Gift Card to nakedwines.com after you enter coupon code MVFREEWINE. Thanks safari

Note, the Gift Card will not be added automatically , but will be included in the shipment

Ashford has Movado Museum Watch (Men's or Women's) for $195 + free shipping. Thanks mihir830




Price Research: Our research indicates that this Movado Museum Watch is $100 lower (33% savings) than the next best available price from a authorized dealer, with prices starting $299. -iconian

dzlerner 11-26-2012 12:09 PM

Siiiiiiick. Looks great and tells time.

LoweP 11-26-2012 12:14 PM

Lol wine on jomashop?

Shay12 11-26-2012 12:16 PM

Beautiful watch & great price!!

lionelhuts 11-26-2012 12:17 PM

Tax for NY.

First Ashford and then this. NY, you're killing me.

Also, do Movado bands have standard sizes? I have an extremely thin wrist and was wondering if any of you smart watch people could point me towards a sizing link. Thanks.

echardcore 11-26-2012 12:20 PM

this is hands down the nicest Movado I have seen for a low price.

CheapBastardX10 11-26-2012 12:37 PM

I owned this watch but in gold and it is very elegant and at that price, it is a very good buy. However, I have two complaints about it. The band needs to be replaced every 1.5 year for me, maybe bc I'm an active person, and the battery needs to be replaced every 1-2 years. It would be fine if the battery and band weren't so expensive. That's why I bought the Movado watch deal from Ashford via Newegg for $340 with metal band.

kidnos1 11-26-2012 12:42 PM

The women's looks like the "collection" watch on overstock....
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-...oduct.html

yarnim 11-26-2012 12:43 PM

genuine? whats the diff between this and the smoother watchband one?

TheOldinOut 11-26-2012 12:44 PM

In for 1 with the $18+ NY tax!

lionelhuts 11-26-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapBastardX10 (Post 55342906)
I owned this watch but in gold and it is very elegant and at that price, it is a very good buy. However, I have two complaints about it. The band needs to be replaced every 1.5 year for me, maybe bc I'm an active person, and the battery needs to be replaced every 1-2 years. It would be fine if the battery and band weren't so expensive. That's why I bought the Movado watch deal from Ashford via Newegg for $340 with metal band.

Do you mind if I ask which one you bought? Also, do you know if the metal band links are easily removed?

CheapBastardX10 11-26-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionelhuts (Post 55343660)
Do you mind if I ask which one you bought? Also, do you know if the metal band links are easily removed?

http://www.ashford.com/watches/mo...t6045&so=7

I bought this one last Thursday and it should get it some time this week. I have always liked leather band but after 3 years of changing it, I decided to try out metal band instead. Hopefully I will like it.

v1rus2092 11-26-2012 12:59 PM

got one last night through buy.com marketplace from the same seller!

he also has it on ebay for 10-20 bucks more (depending on your tax jurisdiction - $228)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150939568...97.c0.m619

rixsaw 11-26-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echardcore (Post 55341800)
this is hands down the nicest Movado I have seen for a low price.

You haven't been to NY china town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldinOut (Post 55343376)
In for 1 with the $18+ NY tax!

Cheaper in china town....

fizzlerz 11-26-2012 01:05 PM

hate to TC but I fail to understand the hype on this brand..

STEVESKI 11-26-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzlerz (Post 55344700)
hate to TC but I fail to understand the hype on this brand..

I bet there are plenty of brands that you like that others don't understand the hype about as well. No reason to post about it on a deal site though.


On topic: Very good deal for a good looking Movado watch

Ezio 11-26-2012 01:19 PM

When I saw Movado, I was hoping it would be this watch on sale: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Movado-Mens-Black-Leather-Watch/6593462/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla

kwaigonegin 11-26-2012 01:36 PM

NOT a fan of Movado. Bought an ESQ online about 6 mths ago and it fogged up inside after couple of drops of rain got on it!!! no submersion only external droplets. Luckily it started working again after 4 or 5 days. The band is also extremely long. I'm not a big guy and have normal size wrist BUT the band is so long it juts out kinda unsightly. I'm using the '2nd' hole. Not sure if the watch bands were made for Hulk wrists or what.

mahdego 11-26-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rixsaw (Post 55344460)
You haven't been to NY china town.



Cheaper in china town....

i can get a legit movado on canal street? i highly doubt much anything sold in chinatown is legit. They show receipts for $2800 but sell to you for $75?????

imwatcher 11-26-2012 01:49 PM

These two watches have fine print "swiss quartz" under 6'clock; other Movado watches have "swiss made" instead even though they are also quartz. Anybody knows why the difference?

pearcider 11-26-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaigonegin (Post 55346702)
NOT a fan of Movado. Bought an ESQ online about 6 mths ago and it fogged up inside after couple of drops of rain got on it!!! no submersion only external droplets. Luckily it started working again after 4 or 5 days. The band is also extremely long. I'm not a big guy and have normal size wrist BUT the band is so long it juts out kinda unsightly. I'm using the '2nd' hole. Not sure if the watch bands were made for Hulk wrists or what.

Weird. I own ESQ and Movado (I have a lot of watches...) and they've been holding up for years. My band on the ESQ wore off after a few years but it was easy to replace.

I own this exact watch in women's and bought it at a Movado outlet for 70% off the list ($600). This was during a Memorial Day sale event. That said this is a slick looking watch and for this price I'd buy it again if I needed to.

rixsaw 11-26-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahdego (Post 55347314)
i can get a legit movado on canal street? i highly doubt much anything sold in chinatown is legit. They show receipts for $2800 but sell to you for $75?????

It was a joke my friend. Everyone knows they aren't legit. :lol:

jabs28 11-26-2012 02:06 PM

http://www.buy.com/prod/movado-me...12370.html

199.99 with Free Shipping on buy.com.

zemus 11-26-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabs28 (Post 55348600)
http://www.buy.com/prod/movado-me...12370.html

199.99 with Free Shipping on buy.com.

that's this same reseller on buy.com

iCheapo 11-26-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzlerz
hate to TC but I fail to understand the hype on this brand..

Some people prefer the clean simplicity and modern styling of Movado. I personally like it much more than chrono/diver watches that look too busy and cluttered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imwatcher (Post 55347564)
These two watches have fine print "swiss quartz" under 6'clock; other Movado watches have "swiss made" instead even though they are also quartz. Anybody knows why the difference?

Swiss Made = entire watch was made in Switzerland
Swiss Quartz = Watch case and movement made in Switzerland + Leather strap made elsewhere (usually China)

That's what a rep told me when I bought mine from a Movado Company store last month.

This is a GREAT deal for a beautiful watch.

bears2006 11-26-2012 02:42 PM

in for one! how does this compare to the $299 movado watch from ashford?

indyfanforthesb 11-26-2012 02:48 PM

Would buy, but worried about leather band with small wrists. All my watches are metal bands except for a dive watch with a rubber band that I have to use in the last hole, and cut off the excess strap.

lcahmed 11-26-2012 02:59 PM

In for 1! I've been putting off buying a new watch for a while now. $199 no tax free shipping! Thanks OP

cruisencode 11-26-2012 03:01 PM

Very tempted... Either way TU!

s4m222 11-26-2012 03:16 PM

been wanting a movado for 5 plus months now! the previous deals were for the 36mm which were a bit small! at 40mm for the mens its finally a size Id want. woot! in for 1!

bears2006 11-26-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzlerz (Post 55344700)
hate to TC but I fail to understand the hype on this brand..

Movado was an upper tier brand for many years, but its brand value has plummeted in recent years due to retailers constantly offering discounts. Now its retail values are considered greatly inflated, but for $199, I personally think it's a fair price to get one for my collection! It'll be a great daily watch.

Oh, the horrible mistake brands make by offering discounts on its products (Footlocker and Gap made this mistake but have since corrected them these past couple years, Gucci's brand is being hugely devalued by all the discounts it's offering and selling its products in some Costcos). This is why you rarely (if ever) see brands like signature Rolex, LV, or Jordan's go on sale. This maintains the integrity of its perceived value to the public, and will always be seen as a premium product.

durak 11-26-2012 04:07 PM

incoming LOL HOW DO I TELL THE THE TIME LOL troll posts

gabloo 11-26-2012 04:19 PM

When i applied FREEWALLET code, i got this message "Coupon code freewallet only applies to certain store items. Please note that some or all of the items in your shopping basket do not qualify for this coupon offer."

oowtfmate 11-26-2012 04:46 PM

just ordered. this will be my new daily driver.

safari 11-26-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabloo (Post 55356234)
When i applied FREEWALLET code, i got this message "Coupon code freewallet only applies to certain store items. Please note that some or all of the items in your shopping basket do not qualify for this coupon offer."

It looks like they now disabled the FREEWALLET coupon code for promotional items, but FREEWINE coupon code is still working when a filler item is added.

wjwpanda 11-26-2012 04:58 PM

been looking for a deal on movados. thanks

canknee 11-26-2012 05:12 PM

is this watch's silver part the same and as shiney as this one? http://assets.macys.com/navapp/we...spacer.gif

mihir830 11-26-2012 05:44 PM

Ashford has the same one for 195 and free shipping -http://www.ashford.com/watches/movado/collection/2100002.pid

davidha 11-26-2012 05:50 PM

omg a watch with no numbers for $200!

dealsalways 11-26-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapBastardX10 (Post 55342906)
I owned this watch but in gold and it is very elegant and at that price, it is a very good buy. However, I have two complaints about it. The band needs to be replaced every 1.5 year for me, maybe bc I'm an active person, and the battery needs to be replaced every 1-2 years. It would be fine if the battery and band weren't so expensive. That's why I bought the Movado watch deal from Ashford via Newegg for $340 with metal band.

I've had the gold movado for over 10 years, and yes, these are two issues. However, you can get a replacement battery from walmart or anywhere else for $5 or so. No need to get original Movado.

Replacement watch strap is also an issue. I've tried straps from Walmart etc. but a lot of them are a bit cheap looking. Finally, I found one, and this is a great strap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...04_s00_i00

It's OOS now unfortunately, but I just got one a few days back, and I'm waiting for it to come back in stock, I'll buy and stock up 1 or 2 more.

strofan 11-26-2012 08:00 PM

Ashford has it for $195 no tax free ship

Brock Landers 11-27-2012 07:33 AM

Is it likely these two watches are made in different places/countries? It's the same Movado Museum watch. The first watch face states it is "Swiss Made" while the other states "Swiss Quartz." -


http://www.amazon.com/Movado-0606...ado+museum

http://www.ashford.com/watches/mo...c&src=AACJ

Any one have solid info to relay here? Thanks

iCheapo 11-27-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers (Post 55387770)
Is it likely these two watches are made in different places/countries? It's the same Movado Museum watch. The first watch face states it is "Swiss Made" while the other states "Swiss Quartz." -


http://www.amazon.com/Movado-0606...ado+museum

http://www.ashford.com/watches/mo...c&src=AACJ

Any one have solid info to relay here? Thanks

Swiss Made = entire watch was made in Switzerland

Swiss Quartz = watch was made in Switzerland + Leather strap made elsewhere (usually China)

You can tell by the look and feel between the two. The Swiss made band feels softer and much nicer, while the Chinese band in the second link feels harder and more plastic-y. Both are leather, but the Swiss band is a nicer glove leather. I have the Swiss Quartz (the same model as in the first post and your second link) and while the leather was a bit stiff at first, it wears in pretty nicely after a few wears and feels good now.

Considering that the leather band is the weakest part of the watch and eventually has to be replaced over time anyways, it really just comes down to if you want to save some $$$ and which crown style you prefer. If you wanted to, you could buy the second one and replace the Chinese band for a Swiss made band and still be >$100 ahead of the other watch.

Source: Movado Company store reps.

Vh2101 11-27-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCheapo (Post 55392520)
Swiss Made = entire watch was made in Switzerland

Swiss Quartz = watch was made in Switzerland + Leather strap made elsewhere (usually China)

You can tell by the look and feel between the two. The Swiss made band feels softer and much nicer, while the Chinese band in the second link feels harder and more plastic-y. Both are leather, but the Swiss band is a nicer glove leather. I have the Swiss Quartz (the same model as in the first post and your second link) and while the leather was a bit stiff at first, it wears in pretty nicely after a few wears and feels good now.

Considering that the leather band is the weakest part of the watch and eventually has to be replaced over time anyways, it really just comes down to if you want to save some $$$ and which crown style you prefer. If you wanted to, you could buy the second one and replace the Chinese band for a Swiss made band and still be >$100 ahead of the other watch.

Source: Movado Company store reps.

Thanks for the clarification!

Vh2101 11-27-2012 11:34 AM

The Movado Museum Black Dial Black Leather Strap Mens Watch 2100002 Item Code : movado-museum-mens-watch-2100002 is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.


OOS?

Brock Landers 11-27-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCheapo (Post 55392520)
Swiss Made = entire watch was made in Switzerland

Swiss Quartz = watch was made in Switzerland + Leather strap made elsewhere (usually China)

You can tell by the look and feel between the two. The Swiss made band feels softer and much nicer, while the Chinese band in the second link feels harder and more plastic-y. Both are leather, but the Swiss band is a nicer glove leather. I have the Swiss Quartz (the same model as in the first post and your second link) and while the leather was a bit stiff at first, it wears in pretty nicely after a few wears and feels good now.

Considering that the leather band is the weakest part of the watch and eventually has to be replaced over time anyways, it really just comes down to if you want to save some $$$ and which crown style you prefer. If you wanted to, you could buy the second one and replace the Chinese band for a Swiss made band and still be >$100 ahead of the other watch.

Source: Movado Company store reps.

Thanks and repped.

mnrivera210 11-27-2012 01:20 PM

Ashford: $175.50

Use promo code: AFFSAVE10MOVADO

Was on the fence, but for this price very difficult to give up!

hot97integra 11-27-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnrivera210 (Post 55404588)
Ashford: $175.50

Use promo code: AFFSAVE10MOVADO

Was on the fence, but for this price very difficult to give up!


thank you for the code!! just repped you! awesome deal. i was looking at this watch last night. good thing i held back

lionelhuts 11-27-2012 02:42 PM

Nuts. I bought it yesterday without the code from Ashford. I talked to chat and they said they couldn't add the code because the watch was already a sale price. Doesn't seem right because the code works today with the discount already.

Well, at least I'll probably get my e-bates 6% for sure.

odphi_knight2 11-27-2012 03:37 PM

Good looking out on the Promo Code. For 175 I'll give it a shot. Rep'd Thanks.


Quote:

Originally Posted by mnrivera210 (Post 55404588)
Ashford: $175.50

Use promo code: AFFSAVE10MOVADO

Was on the fence, but for this price very difficult to give up!


Vh2101 11-27-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnrivera210 (Post 55404588)
Ashford: $175.50

Use promo code: AFFSAVE10MOVADO

Was on the fence, but for this price very difficult to give up!



Was on the fence as well. This is what made me pull the trigger. Thanks and reped. :woot:

nsg1000 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Just bought it for $175 from ash ford, will return the order yesterday for $195 when I get it

nsg1000 11-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionelhuts (Post 55409308)
Nuts. I bought it yesterday without the code from Ashford. I talked to chat and they said they couldn't add the code because the watch was already a sale price. Doesn't seem right because the code works today with the discount already.

Well, at least I'll probably get my e-bates 6% for sure.

Just place another order and return the one you got for $195. Flat rate priority box will be $5 to send it back, still saving you a bit

pookiegirl 11-27-2012 04:46 PM

I am TOTALLY confused because it says here that the Movado is the MUSEUM model but on Ashford, there is two different models, MUSEUM and COLLECTION, and this supposedly MUSEUM model looks like Ashford's COLLECTION model which sells for $195. The MUSEUM on Ashford is $100 more.

IM VERY VERY CONFUSED. I don't wanna buy this. I wanna buy the actual MUSEUM model on Ashford's website.

pookiegirl 11-27-2012 04:52 PM

BEWARE!! This is the COLLECTION model NOT the MUSEUM model!! I don't know to link Ashford's link here. I'm a newbie but do a search for 2100004 Ashford ladies watch. It's $195!!

The model here is WRONG!!! Look at the straps!! jomashop has the WRONG model name!!

Correct me if I'm wrong? Probably does not matter anyways, seems like a good deal with Ashford's discount.

I bought a Movado watch for $99 two years ago I think during Black Friday, it was a brownish strap.
The battery died and I paid $26 for the battery. I rarely used my watch but the glass already has a crack in it.
I'd hate to find out how much it cost just to replace the face.

If anyone's curious, I got the Movado Women's Gentry Sport Watch 0604993 It is Swiss Made. I paid only $99 during Black Friday weekend or something like today. I think the one I got looks a bit nicer, except the brown band, I prefer black but other than that I think this looks kinda better than the Collection/Museum.
Maybe because it's Swiss Made? And I do like that it's glow in the dark, so at night or in dark places I can see what time it is. I think I will pass on this deal and wait for a better deal on a better watch, but I think it's worth it for the Men's watch.

iCheapo 11-27-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookiegirl (Post 55414890)
I am TOTALLY confused because it says here that the Movado is the MUSEUM model but on Ashford, there is two different models, MUSEUM and COLLECTION, and this supposedly MUSEUM model looks like Ashford's COLLECTION model which sells for $195. The MUSEUM on Ashford is $100 more.

IM VERY VERY CONFUSED. I don't wanna buy this. I wanna buy the actual MUSEUM model on Ashford's website.

Both watches are the same. They're both Movado model number: 2100002 which is an older style. The other "Museum" model (model number: 0604230 [ashford.com]) you're seeing on Ashford is a newer style.

All three models are from the "Movado Museum Collection." Some retailers just forget to type out the entire name. Every couple of years, Movado makes some (very) minor tweaks or changes to the design and brings the retail value back up. You're still getting a Movado Museum watch, and they generally look about the same. The differences would be that some may look a bit more modern-y and may have a better band.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Originally Posted by pookiegirl (Post 55415158)
BEWARE!! This is the COLLECTION model NOT the MUSEUM model!! I don't know to link Ashford's link here. I'm a newbie but do a search for 2100004 Ashford ladies watch. It's $195!!l

The model here is WRONG!!! Look at the straps!! jomashop has the WRONG model name!!

Correct me if I'm wrong? Probably does not matter anyways, seems like a good deal with Ashford's discount.

I bought a Movado watch for $99 two years ago I think during Black Friday, it was a brownish strap.
The battery died and I paid $26 for the battery. I rarely used my watch but the glass already has a crack in it.l
I'd hate to find out how much it cost just to replace the face.

Edit: The above was about the Men's watches. I just noticed your other post and realized that you were probably talking about the Women's watches. Well then...

Both this watch [jomashop.com] and this watch [ashford.com] are the same. They're both Movado model number: 2100004 which is an older style. The other "Museum" model (model number: 0604231 [ashford.com]) you're seeing on Ashford is a newer style.

All three models are from the "Movado Museum Collection." Some retailers just forget to type out the entire name. Every couple of years, Movado makes some (very) minor tweaks or changes to the design and brings the retail value back up. You're still getting a Movado Museum watch, and they generally look about the same. The differences would be that some may look a bit more modern-y and may have a better band.

yarnim 11-27-2012 11:00 PM

CRAP they caught on the code working on this movado...was going to purchase.

v1rus2092 11-28-2012 02:12 AM

ughhhhh you guys are lucky for catching the deal on ashford with that promo code! i bought it from jonashop :( anyone know if they will adjust the price if you contact them ?

yarnim 11-28-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1rus2092 (Post 55434062)
ughhhhh you guys are lucky for catching the deal on ashford with that promo code! i bought it from jonashop :( anyone know if they will adjust the price if you contact them ?

that code isnt even working now on ashford..so i dont know

dubbin 11-28-2012 12:17 PM

Makes me think of:

http://thedoghousediaries.com/comics...19-44e8dbf.png

PeterM7116 11-28-2012 12:23 PM

fake?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yarnim (Post 55443344)
that code isnt even working now on ashford..so i dont know

how can i tell is not fake?

johnnyma45 11-28-2012 12:39 PM

I love my Movado - gift from wife years ago and it still gets compliments about once a week. Ironic thing is it gets compliments from other women, so...win?

hanabie 11-28-2012 12:39 PM

how much is the battery replacement ? I heard it was pretty expensive

zxbui 11-28-2012 12:41 PM

Made in china
 
I bought it few months ago from Ashford for $249, then returned it due to “MADE IN CHINA”. The return was easy however Ashford charged me for the return shipping.

Also, a 38mm (without crown) width watch kinda like big for someone with small wrists

egosphere 11-28-2012 12:43 PM

The sales rep is saying he'll honor the $175 if I can provide the email of "my friend" who purchased it for $175 using AFFSAVE10MOVADO. Can any one who successfully used the coupon please PM me their email address so I can prove it to the sale rep? Thank you so much!

demons1ayer 11-28-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egosphere (Post 55451288)
The sales rep is saying he'll honor the $175 if I can provide the email of "my friend" who purchased it for $175 using AFFSAVE10MOVADO. Can any one who successfully used the coupon please PM me their email address so I can prove it to the sale rep? Thank you so much!

I second this request. Pretty please with a cherry on top, as well.

airmax 11-28-2012 12:48 PM

Hey Guys,

I think this is a better watch, and better deal:

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-...oduct.html

airmax 11-28-2012 12:51 PM

Better deal here guys on the newer model, nicer band, and cleaner look on the face, worth spending an extra $30 bucks on...

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-...oduct.html

pacman07 11-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demons1ayer (Post 55451380)
I second this request. Pretty please with a cherry on top, as well.

same here!

demons1ayer 11-28-2012 12:58 PM

The rep doesn't want to price match. Oh well. I've always wanted a Movado watch... I hope it's genuine.

Elpee 11-28-2012 12:59 PM

Made in China???
Anyone please confirm if it's true? My order was just shipped. So I can reject when it arrives.

dukpoki 11-28-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzlerz (Post 55344700)
hate to TC but I fail to understand the hype on this brand..

i am with you on this. i don't like the numberless design with that ugly single dot on the top. Seems like all movados do this. I don't understand how it can be so expensive and people are paying for it. But like another member here said, to each their own. I'm not TC either just saying imo movados are ugly. Also back to the numberless design i imagine telling accurate time will be a chore. Again another reason why i fail to see the hype on this brand. Also the numbers not being there looks cheap. lol.

carnivor3 11-28-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elpee (Post 55451940)
Made in China???
Anyone please confirm if it's true? My order was just shipped. So I can reject when it arrives.

I believe it's the Leather strap only that is made in china, not the watch itself. I have the Men's version, purchased elsewhere. Don't have it with me now.

PartyInTheUSA 11-28-2012 01:15 PM

TBH you guys should just save your money. No one is impressed by a movado, Wearing one is like saying, I wanted a nice watch but this was all I could afford. I've never seen anyone with money / class wearing a movado.

egosphere 11-28-2012 01:17 PM

FYI I got the sales rep to honor the $175 price by providing the email of someone who successfully ordered it earlier. Good luck.

aceofangel 11-28-2012 01:23 PM

Can someone who purchased it with the code PM me the email as well. Thanks!

demons1ayer 11-28-2012 01:34 PM

I canceled my order. TY to the posters that got it for $175. You saved me from making yet another impulse buy through slickdeals marketing.

ablarc 11-28-2012 01:42 PM

The code AFFSAVE10MOVADO worked for me. Thanks for the heads up on the code.

TH0R 11-28-2012 01:45 PM

Awesome watch, and it makes a great gift! :nod:

makaveddie 11-28-2012 01:48 PM

These watches look like they've been held in Christopher Walken's ass for 2 years.

Great deal though!

TheOldinOut 11-28-2012 01:50 PM

Will try to have order adjusted thru chat. Can someone who got the 10% code applied PM me their email address as well? I ordered night before and didn't see the code....thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ablarc (Post 55453650)
The code AFFSAVE10MOVADO worked for me. Thanks for the heads up on the code.

Didn't take off anything off order for me just now.

hanabie 11-28-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartyInTheUSA (Post 55452576)
TBH you guys should just save your money. No one is impressed by a movado, Wearing one is like saying, I wanted a nice watch but this was all I could afford. I've never seen anyone with money / class wearing a movado.

You know.. there are many ways to impress people.

One drives luxury car and work as a director. Then, later buys a fake Rolex. Friends and coworkers are impressed. Wow! That thing must cost you a fortune. They will believe that is real deal by judging from one's background.

You get my point.

lionelhuts 11-28-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ablarc (Post 55453650)
The code AFFSAVE10MOVADO worked for me. Thanks for the heads up on the code.

The rep asked for me the email address of someone that the code worked for in order to give me the discount. If you could PM me your email I'd be really grateful. If not, that's cool too.

INAMP 11-28-2012 02:08 PM

The code SHOPDEALS also works at Ashford for $20 off, making it $175.

TheOldinOut 11-28-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INAMP (Post 55454666)
The code SHOPDEALS also works at Ashford for $20 off, making it $175.

That only works for:

$20 off $180 and $40 off $350

PartyInTheUSA 11-28-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanabie (Post 55454034)
You know.. there are many ways to impress people.

One drives luxury car and work as a director. Then, later buys a fake Rolex. Friends and coworkers are impressed. Wow! That thing must cost you a fortune. They will believe that is real deal by judging from one's background.

You get my point.

I didn't mean to say that the sole purpose of buying a watch is to impress people. I guess I should have just stuck with saying that movados are tacky and low class.

TheOldinOut 11-28-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanabie (Post 55454034)
You know.. there are many ways to impress people.

One drives luxury car and work as a director. Then, later buys a fake Rolex. Friends and coworkers are impressed. Wow! That thing must cost you a fortune. They will believe that is real deal by judging from one's background.

You get my point.

Not everyone is out to impress people either. I wouldn't ever want my friends/family to know that I have money...saves me from trouble and uncomfortable situations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartyInTheUSA (Post 55454738)
I didn't mean to say that the sole purpose of buying a watch is to impress people. I guess I should have just stuck with saying that movados are tacky and low class.

That's your opinion. Movados have an unique design...whereas all the other watches look similar. Movados work for me with its simplistic no frills look.

Webdenizen 11-28-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapBastardX10 (Post 55342906)
I owned this watch but in gold and it is very elegant and at that price, it is a very good buy. However, I have two complaints about it. The band needs to be replaced every 1.5 year for me, maybe bc I'm an active person, and the battery needs to be replaced every 1-2 years. It would be fine if the battery and band weren't so expensive. That's why I bought the Movado watch deal from Ashford via Newegg for $340 with metal band.

Google 'watch band deployment'. Leather bands will last longer.

yellowriver 11-28-2012 02:31 PM

Tax kill the deals

sdchacha 11-28-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldinOut (Post 55454728)
That only works for:

$20 off $180 and $40 off $350


None of the codes including the one here work! Every one who got it for $175 is lucky...I got it for $199 when the deal was first posted on cyber monday...:(

INAMP 11-28-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldinOut (Post 55454728)
That only works for:

$20 off $180 and $40 off $350

Tried it and it works on this watch.

kingkong5 11-28-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdchacha (Post 55455596)
None of the codes including the one here work! Every one who got it for $175 is lucky...I got it for $199 when the deal was first posted on cyber monday...:(

I just used the code AFFSAVE10MOVADO at Ashford and it worked for me, I purchased the women's watch about 10 minutes ago.

$175.50, free ship no tax to California.

baseline 11-28-2012 02:34 PM

Anyone know if the bezel of this Movado is rounded or more flat like the recent models? I'm seeing different images for this model with most images showing that it is actually rounded. Thanks.

Huaandy29 11-28-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egosphere (Post 55452636)
FYI I got the sales rep to honor the $175 price by providing the email of someone who successfully ordered it earlier. Good luck.

Hey! would you mind providing me the email, so i can call the rep and ask to honor the 175$ price. Would be awesome! Thanks =)

sdchacha 11-28-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkong5 (Post 55455700)
I just used the code AFFSAVE10MOVADO at Ashford and it worked for me, I purchased the women's watch about 10 minutes ago.

$175.50, free ship no tax to California.


I am trying to get the Men's watch and it none of the codes are working for me...

vishyvish 11-28-2012 02:41 PM

Can someone provide me the email so I can also get in on this deal? PLEASE?!?! :))

imwatcher 11-28-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkong5 (Post 55455700)
I just used the code AFFSAVE10MOVADO at Ashford and it worked for me, I purchased the women's watch about 10 minutes ago.

$175.50, free ship no tax to California.

Same here. The code works for the women's version. Just ordered one.

bocondo 11-28-2012 03:00 PM

I don't like this new store, but when Ashford offered the same priced I pulled the trigger and bought it from Ashford.

oowtfmate 11-28-2012 03:04 PM

AFFSAVE10MOVADO doesn't work for the men's code.

TheOldinOut 11-28-2012 03:04 PM

Here is part of my chat with the rep:

Rep: I do see the order and we are unable to apply a promo code to the order as the Movado was on sale and the codes are not valid on sale items

me: A friend of mine used the same promo code on the watch

me: why is that?

Rep: When his order is sent to the verify process it will kick the order out.

oowtfmate 11-28-2012 03:11 PM

I tried to call Jomashop to refund me the difference and he declined.

CheapBastardX10 11-28-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webdenizen (Post 55455392)
Google 'watch band deployment'. Leather bands will last longer.

Thanks but I've moved on to metal strap with my new Movado purchase. The reason I held on to that leather strap watch so long is bc it was my first Movado and it had some sentimental value.

122441177 11-28-2012 03:49 PM

To those guys that are thinking of buying that watch on Overstock, take a look at the size of the watch, it is clearly made for a woman.

Read the reviews too, its a tiny watch

yellowriver 11-28-2012 04:12 PM

fk all the code i get from eb @ tes doesn't work "AFFSAVE10MOVADO"
include $25 off $200 code: AFFSAVE25

TheOldinOut 11-28-2012 04:48 PM

Forget talking to the reps, Im 0/2.

Last rep's denial excuse..."That's because he was taking advantage of a glitch in our system."

v1rus2092 11-28-2012 04:49 PM

thanks again OP, got mines in the mail earlier today.. well spent 200 bucks :)

Vh2101 11-28-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldinOut (Post 55460606)
Forget talking to the reps, Im 0/2.

Last rep's denial excuse..."That's because he was taking advantage of a glitch in our system."


LOL'ed...sorry, our IT's suck but hmmmm it's your fault for buying from us....

guiltyspark 11-28-2012 05:19 PM

Not to harsh anyone's buzz but the Movado thing is so over IMO. I had a few back in the 80's, now they just seem like a hard to read quartz watch that's overpriced. If you love'em, go for it. I'm not sure what's super hip these days but I'm pretty sure it ain't Movado. I have a few Hamilton Venturas that I wear, classic cool and not super expensive.

alanky 11-28-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbin (Post 55450238)

Totally agree (no troll post, I'm serious). Looking at this watch is trying to solve a puzzle. I like things that make my life simpler.
Might as well get rid of the lane dividers. People should be able to drive fine without those lines.
No lines or numbers on the speedometer too. Now we gotta get training to know if we're 60 or 65MPH with no numbers and lines to help.

shadowsjc 11-28-2012 07:55 PM

thinking of getting this as a christmas gift for my mom, but im not sure if the design would go well with a "mom" (as opposed to a younger woman). thoughts?

joshua28 11-28-2012 08:04 PM

I would love one lol but damn its kinda weird to tell time with this

masterill 11-28-2012 08:15 PM

Tried to order this and it said they are sold out

shadowsjc 11-28-2012 08:57 PM

wound up pulling the trigger on the women's one from ashford. used the 10% movado code and it came to $175.50, free shipping no tax. hopefully mama dukes likes the gift - thanks !

alberthuynh91 11-28-2012 09:49 PM

Got one!

gabloo 11-28-2012 09:58 PM

What is the difference between 2100002 model and 2100004?

imwatcher 11-28-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabloo (Post 55471980)
What is the difference between 2100002 model and 2100004?

2100002 for men, 2100004 for women (smaller case)

pookiegirl 11-28-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanabie (Post 55451180)
how much is the battery replacement ? I heard it was pretty expensive


I did write a couple posts earlier and did mention that I paid $26 for a new battery just after two years. And mines was Swiss Made, not Swiss Quartz like this one. Not worth it in my opinion. I think my watch looks a lot better, I'm not sure if it's because it is Swiss Made. Or if it's because it's got all the numbers and more shiny metal around my watch plus the numbers on my mines glow and so does the hour hand.

funkycommunist 11-28-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldinOut (Post 55456910)
Here is part of my chat with the rep:

Rep: I do see the order and we are unable to apply a promo code to the order as the Movado was on sale and the codes are not valid on sale items

me: A friend of mine used the same promo code on the watch

me: why is that?

Rep: When his order is sent to the verify process it will kick the order out.

Interesting. I used the coupon and my order just shipped. It's currently somewhere between Rhode Island and California...

FranksAndBeans 11-29-2012 01:46 AM

I haven't read all of the posts but I just bought this same watch not too long ago. Movado has a lot a similar models and I had a hell of a time trying to cross shop different vendors.

I like the simple look as a dress watch, and the size is what I consider to be correct as an old fashioned watch wearer with small or small-medium wrists but definitely is on the small side for a man's watch. All of the modern chrono style watches are much too big imho, and I don't like wearing them. I have no issue telling the time with it but it sort of goes without saying this is not a good watch if you are often in complete darkness. It does have the brighter arms which is a big difference. Some Movados have black arms on a black face and those are really hard to read in any condition. This silver on black is easily readable in all but very low light.

Regarding the men's models, basically, this is the "old" version of this watch that has the textured band. It is fairly stiff but seems to be of good quality. The appearance issue is purely opinion but I like having a little bit of a textured finish and prefer this older band.

The newest models have a smooth matte finish black band that is of lower quality. I don't think either leather strap is particularly nice, but having handled both I can tell you I would rather have the old strap than the new one. The new smooth strap has no business being on a $300 watch, it's somehow both stiff yet thin and flimsy, and mars easily. It looks and performs like a strap from a $10 watch. This old model has a far superior strap. Macy's carries the new model if you would like to see it in person.

I suppose it is also worth mentioning that since these are the older models there is a decent chance the battery may well not have much life left in it.

All in all I think this is a nice deal on the old model that doesn't matter much on a classic design like this. You could replace the strap with a truly nice one, replace the battery and still be ahead of the new model.

Enix82 11-29-2012 06:18 AM

Just seems to be an expensive piece of jewelry, with no functionality to me... unless it's always 12 o'clock.

lionelhuts 11-29-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranksAndBeans (Post 55477752)
I haven't read all of the posts but I just bought this same watch not too long ago. Movado has a lot a similar models and I had a hell of a time trying to cross shop different vendors.

I like the simple look as a dress watch, and the size is what I consider to be correct as an old fashioned watch wearer with small or small-medium wrists but definitely is on the small side for a man's watch. All of the modern chrono style watches are much too big imho, and I don't like wearing them. I have no issue telling the time with it but it sort of goes without saying this is not a good watch if you are often in complete darkness. It does have the brighter arms which is a big difference. Some Movados have black arms on a black face and those are really hard to read in any condition. This silver on black is easily readable in all but very low light.

Regarding the men's models, basically, this is the "old" version of this watch that has the textured band. It is fairly stiff but seems to be of good quality. The appearance issue is purely opinion but I like having a little bit of a textured finish and prefer this older band.

The newest models have a smooth matte finish black band that is of lower quality. I don't think either leather strap is particularly nice, but having handled both I can tell you I would rather have the old strap than the new one. The new smooth strap has no business being on a $300 watch, it's somehow both stiff yet thin and flimsy, and mars easily. It looks and performs like a strap from a $10 watch. This old model has a far superior strap. Macy's carries the new model if you would like to see it in person.

I suppose it is also worth mentioning that since these are the older models there is a decent chance the battery may well not have much life left in it.

All in all I think this is a nice deal on the old model that doesn't matter much on a classic design like this. You could replace the strap with a truly nice one, replace the battery and still be ahead of the new model.

I'm surprised by the battery comment. I would have thought that Movado would somehow ship these with the pin pulled (like most other watches I've bought) so that the battery isn't depleting just sitting on the shelf.

pace 11-29-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rixsaw (Post 55348574)
It was a joke my friend. Everyone knows they aren't legit. :lol:

And hopefully they only charged you $10-20. You can try around Times Square. Usually just say you'll give them $10 and walk away when they shoot it down. Suddenly it's $10.

kurrypie 11-29-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 122441177 (Post 55458630)
To those guys that are thinking of buying that watch on Overstock, take a look at the size of the watch, it is clearly made for a woman.

Read the reviews too, its a tiny watch

there's a men option and women options. are you saying Overstock only has the women's in stock and will ship it as a men's?

Stryder5 11-29-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enix82 (Post 55481306)
Just seems to be an expensive piece of jewelry, with no functionality to me... unless it's always 12 o'clock.

It's not hard to tell the time even if the ticks are missing... But yes, the price is mainly for the fashion statement and brand. It really does look good IMO. Too bad I'm on a budget atm.

slickdealfreak 11-29-2012 05:33 PM

Please PM me an email that got $175
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by egosphere (Post 55452636)
FYI I got the sales rep to honor the $175 price by providing the email of someone who successfully ordered it earlier. Good luck.

Hello egosphere and everyone else,:cool:

would you please PM me an email that got the watch for $175. I'd like to get it as well for that price.

Thanks a lot:)

slickdealfreak 11-29-2012 06:08 PM

There might be Ashford.com reps here.....but I don't care. I talked to a few of them...and they are hell bent on not reducing the price to $175...

All I can say is folks will got to Jomadeals it is a no brainer...$50 FREE wine gift card is hands down the better deal.

arcticrevolver 11-29-2012 08:01 PM

I used the coupon and just received a shipping notice.. total $175.50

sheridee 11-29-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticrevolver (Post 55508750)
I used the coupon and just received a shipping notice.. total $175.50

I also purchased the watch for 175.50...no problem. I prefer this deal to wine giftcards that usually result in me spending more money than the gift card on wine I could have probably bought cheaper somewhere else anyway.

alberthuynh91 11-29-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticrevolver (Post 55508750)
I used the coupon and just received a shipping notice.. total $175.50

Which coupon did you use?

joshua28 11-29-2012 11:24 PM

for those that got total to 175, you guys bought the ladies watch? im sure guys watch dont work with coupon bc they are sale items already :/

goosiepiano 11-30-2012 07:26 AM

I'd like to know too. Was anyone able to get the coupon to work on the men's watch? Thanks.

goosiepiano 11-30-2012 07:27 AM

delete

TheOldinOut 11-30-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshua28 (Post 55515034)
for those that got total to 175, you guys bought the ladies watch? im sure guys watch dont work with coupon bc they are sale items already :/

No, there were some here who were able to get the 10% off with the mens' watch. Both the mens and womens watches were on sale.

lionelhuts 11-30-2012 09:18 AM

The men's watch arrived yesterday for $212 after NY tax at Ashford. Although I didn't get the 10%, I'm still very happy with the purchase. It's not super tiny, but it fits my thin wrist comfortably.

funkycommunist 11-30-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshua28 (Post 55515034)
for those that got total to 175, you guys bought the ladies watch? im sure guys watch dont work with coupon bc they are sale items already :/

Movado Collection 2100002 Watch
$175.50 (10% off Movado )

1 $175.50

Subtotal $175.50
Shipping $0.00
Tax $0.00
Total: $175.50

This was the order confirmation I received when I ordered it. As of this morning my watch is in Illinois with UPS.

sheridee 12-01-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alberthuynh91 (Post 55514940)
Which coupon did you use?

I bought the men's watch for 175.50 shipped using the coupon AFFSAVE10MOVADO.

gescobe 12-03-2012 10:39 PM

Got my watch today from ashford. 175 shipped. Pretty nice watch if you ask me.

gabloo 12-08-2012 01:17 PM

Just got my watch from jomadeals but i don't see any giftcards come with it. Does anyone have similar problem?

Ray97 12-09-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gescobe (Post 55655222)
Got my watch today from ashford. 175 shipped. Pretty nice watch if you ask me.

Can you post any pictures?

funkycommunist 12-12-2012 05:50 PM

Was out of town for the last week, so I just got the one I ordered from Ashford. For $175 shipped, I like it a lot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A980w7RCAAAHAHn.jpg

NorWiggles 12-13-2012 11:28 AM

Movado Mens watch $195.00
 
Ashford has the Movado mens museum Collection watch for $195.00 including shipping. The watch retails for $495.00
http://www.ashford.com/watches/21...0001ac42bf

stormy9 12-13-2012 11:34 AM

way old news

BORICUAenDC 12-13-2012 02:12 PM

so tempting...

sam297 01-10-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imwatcher (Post 55456186)
Same here. The code works for the women's version. Just ordered one.


email address please.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 PM.