Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma for $799 at costco (http://slickdeals.net/e/5595332-panasonic-tc-p55ut50-plasma-for-799-at-costco)

wormraper 11-27-2012 12:01 PM

Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma for $799 at costco

in store, not on the website and it's the ACTUAL UT50 not a club model like the U50 vs the U54 so you can price match elsewhere

Votey 11-27-2012 12:06 PM

Might as well have the words "Panasonic" and "plasma" somewhere in your thread.

TallyGal 11-27-2012 12:09 PM

You may want to put "Panasonic" in the title so it triggers the auto searchers for everyone.

Just an FYI for those who have it, this same TV is $712 on the Panasonic EPP site (search google or SD for more info on the EPP version of Panasonic) AND you can get a free Blu-ray player (Panasonic 220).

Straycat76 11-27-2012 12:09 PM

No kidding. I would hate to have something like this set up in my deal alerts and miss it because of a horrible title.

jsco 11-27-2012 12:16 PM

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/mo...50?t=specs

slugbom 11-27-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferdinand33 (Post 55399854)
You may want to put "Panasonic" in the title so it triggers the auto searchers for everyone.

Came up fine for me without those words. I guess I realized, early on, there are only a few television models i want so it makes sense to put them in the deal alerts.

I mean, it takes 2 seconds to put "UT50."

Quote:

Just an FYI for those who have it, this same TV is $712 on the Panasonic EPP site (search google or SD for more info on the EPP version of Panasonic) AND you can get a free Blu-ray player (Panasonic 220).

Really? Are you sure about that? This is the 55" model currently around $1100 on their site, I doubt they give EPP $400 off.

[edit] Confirmed, you are talking about a smaller television set. Thus the lower price.

wormraper 11-27-2012 12:18 PM

adjusted the title for all those who wanted it that way....

and as for the EPP... I'm not a panny employee and don't have an EPP login so I unfortunately can't take part in the deal...

question is...is it THAT much better than the 50u50??? I know it has the anti-glare coating, and the 5 inches is miniscule but is the picture quality THAT much better ??? or do the benefits really come from the VT or ST series.

fay711 11-27-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Yup, bought it this morning!

slugbom 11-27-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55399454)
in store, not on the website and it's the ACTUAL UT50 not a club model like the U50 vs the U54 so you can price match elsewhere

And how am I going to pricematch it if it's not on the website? I paid $200 more for this set on Amazon and it arrives tomorrow. This is a horrible tease.

bzhou 11-27-2012 12:21 PM

$712 on EPP is the 50 while the one for the op is 55.

slugbom 11-27-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55400374)

question is...is it THAT much better than the 50u50??? I know it has the anti-glare coating, and the 5 inches is miniscule but is the picture quality THAT much better ??? or do the benefits really come from the VT or ST series.

No, it doesn't have the anti-glare. You are thinking about the ST GT and VT. That is the reason I bought it, because I don't want that.

And 5 inches isn't minuscule. That's only measured diagonally. Trigonometry will show you how much bigger it is. Why are you comparing 50" model to 55"? Wouldn't it make more sense to compare the same sizes for prices. Also, you can get the U model in 60" in for this price.

Follow your heart, and someone tell me how i'm going to pricematch this with amazon!

wormraper 11-27-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 55400486)
And how am I going to pricematch it if it's not on the website? I paid $200 more for this set on Amazon and it arrives tomorrow. This is a horrible tease.

most stores will actually have to CALL costco to verify the price match, at least that's how it's been in the past.

MrBeefhead 11-27-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55400374)
adjusted the title for all those who wanted it that way....

and as for the EPP... I'm not a panny employee and don't have an EPP login so I unfortunately can't take part in the deal...

5 inches is 21% bigger...pretty far from minuscule.

wormraper 11-27-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 55400670)
No, it doesn't have the anti-glare. You are thinking about the ST GT and VT. That is the reason I bought it, because I don't want that.

And 5 inches isn't minuscule. That's only measured diagonally. Trigonometry will show you how much bigger it is. Why are you comparing 50" model to 55"? Wouldn't it make more sense to compare the same sizes for prices. Also, you can get the U model in 60" in for this price.

Follow your heart, and someone tell me how i'm going to pricematch this with amazon!

ahhh, you're right, I swore the UT had the anti-glare as well, but I was wrong..

and as for miniscule, it's only 17% increased space for $300 more than I paid for my U50

and as for the U50 vs UT50 I was comparing the picture quality of the two series, I have the 50u50 and was wondering if the UT50 series was a step up in picture quality making it worth the return to costco and paying $300 more (especially since I'd never even USE the 3D)

slugbom 11-27-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55400690)
most stores will actually have to CALL costco to verify the price match, at least that's how it's been in the past.

Well I'm screwed:

The Guarantee applies to websites only, not brick-and-mortar stores

That's Amazon's fine print that I thought I read. Oh well.

wormraper 11-27-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeefhead (Post 55400792)
5 inches is 21% bigger...pretty far from minuscule.

lol, sorry I'm so used to having a 140 inch projector screen that most increases that don't floor me are miniscule in my eyes, this would just be a bedroom set

slugbom 11-27-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55400878)

and as for the U50 vs UT50 I was comparing the picture quality of the two series, I have the 50u50 and was wondering if the UT50 series was a step up in picture quality making it worth the return to costco and paying $300 more (especially since I'd never even USE the 3D)

No, not to my knowledge. The only thing extra in terms of PQ is the sub-field drive.

wormraper 11-27-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 55401052)
No, not to my knowledge. The only thing extra in terms of PQ is the sub-field drive.

thanks, I appreciate it. if there's not increase in picture quality I'll keep my $499 50U50 as the bedroom set... but for those looking for a good deal this sucker is definitely smoking.

JoeJ7269 11-28-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fay711 (Post 55400452)
Yup, bought it this morning!

How do you get free blue ray player?

DocDeals 11-28-2012 06:28 AM

I would drive up to 50 miles (at least) and buy a Costco membership just to purchase this. Unfortunately, no Costco's around.

Come on Sam's Club...get these in stock. Wal Mart has them.

fay711 11-28-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJ7269 (Post 55436984)
How do you get free blue ray player?

it auto added from my companys 'perks' website. There is no code

sms1976 11-28-2012 08:57 AM

This is $904 on EPP right now, with a free 3D WiFi BluRay Player (DMP-BDT220), which has been as low as about $68 on Amazon (with promo credit). So, I'd say that Costco is a better deal. A better warranty and customer service too. I'm going to head down there and see if they have one here.

Take a look at AVS Forums if you have any questions. It holds up very well vs. an ST50 unless you need the anti-glare (louvered) screen. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406618...ion-thread

VarmintCong 11-28-2012 09:29 AM

I'm planning to buy a 55" ST50, so I hope my wife doesn't see this thread. :eek:

I want the 3 HDMI inputs more than the anti-glare filter, though that might help too for afternoon NFL games.

With 2 HDMI inputs on the UT50 I'd guess I'd have to buy a new HDMI receiver or something.

quaff 11-28-2012 02:57 PM

OMG - Of course I bought the EPP one and it's on its way. Ugh. Can't decide whether I should try and refuse delivery. Why did this post have to exist!

serialportme 11-28-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quaff (Post 55456664)
OMG - Of course I bought the EPP one and it's on its way. Ugh. Can't decide whether I should try and refuse delivery. Why did this post have to exist!

Wasn't EPP cheaper?

Dieselgeek 11-28-2012 06:48 PM

I stopped at two local Costco's, and neither had any Panasonic tv's aside from a 32"...

dealsalways 11-28-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 55400690)

Not just that, (most?) costcos don't quote prices over the phone, so that doesn't make your price-matching any easier!

quaff 11-28-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialportme (Post 55461846)
Wasn't EPP cheaper?

No, EPP was $913 w/ free bluray (which I dont need and will have to ebay).

jrob23 11-29-2012 06:08 PM

I own the UT50 and view in basement which is light controlled. This tv is the best bang for buck out there period. The black levels on this thing measured .0037. To put that in perspective, the VT30...Panasonic's best TV of 2011 measured at .0045. But they rose over time to .0058. So for far less you get amazing blacks. The difference in blacks and 3d are pretty major for reasons to buy over U50. This shares same panel as the more expensive ST, GT, and VT models which all have slightly better blacks. You can't tell the difference between this and the ST but you can see it with the GT and VT as they are inky black. It doesn't have a filter but there have been issues with the filters and you should google 2012 Panasonic Plasma filter problems. I got the 50UT50 fro $799 so this is a great deal!

sms1976 11-29-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselgeek (Post 55464392)
I stopped at two local Costco's, and neither had any Panasonic tv's aside from a 32"...

I stopped in and they checked for me...Arriving tomorrow at my Costco.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrob23 (Post 55505414)
I own the UT50 and view in basement which is light controlled. This tv is the best bang for buck out there period. The black levels on this thing measured .0037. To put that in perspective, the VT30...Panasonic's best TV of 2011 measured at .0045. But they rose over time to .0058. So for far less you get amazing blacks. The difference in blacks and 3d are pretty major for reasons to buy over U50. This shares same panel as the more expensive ST, GT, and VT models which all have slightly better blacks. You can't tell the difference between this and the ST but you can see it with the GT and VT as they are inky black. It doesn't have a filter but there have been issues with the filters and you should google 2012 Panasonic Plasma filter problems. I got the 50UT50 fro $799 so this is a great deal!

Agreed--I'm glad this came on sale when it did; I was about to pull the trigger on the ST50, but did some reading on AVS and changed my mind about the same time this deal showed up here. This UT50 panel is amazing, and I've had 5 different plasmas in the last couple of years to compare it against.

I really want this panel with 1 HDMI, no speakers, and no smart features. More like a computer monitor to just receive the HDMI signal from the Denon AVR. I think that TV would sell.

Dieselgeek 11-30-2012 10:05 PM

Stopped at Costco tonight, they had three of these tv's in stock for 799... I didn't pull the trigger, but after doing a bit more research, I think I'll pick one up tomorrow. I don't see Amazon price matching, as it isn't advertised online.

bululu 12-01-2012 11:54 PM

Just picked one up at my local Costco. Now I need 3D glasses. Any recommendation will be helpful. Thank you.

DocDeals 12-02-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bululu (Post 55585482)
Just picked one up at my local Costco. Now I need 3D glasses. Any recommendation will be helpful. Thank you.

These are frequently reported to work. [amazon.com] Amazon had them for $18 for a long time and Best Buy sold them as low as $13 once (they are $20 currently). It sure beats paying a ton for them, although I understand they are not as high of a build quality as some of the more expensive ones.

Dieselgeek 12-02-2012 01:49 PM

I bought one at Costco as well, but will probably be returning it. The screen is far too reflective... I can see any light, shadow, etc in my place.

hy_tek 12-02-2012 06:19 PM

My Costco doesn't ever carry Panasonic TV's. I was wondering if they just didn't carry the brand but after reading this it must just be my particular store. I was in there today and this TV was not there anywhere. Weird.

Dieselgeek 12-03-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hy_tek (Post 55605406)
My Costco doesn't ever carry Panasonic TV's. I was wondering if they just didn't carry the brand but after reading this it must just be my particular store. I was in there today and this TV was not there anywhere. Weird.

I bought one Saturday, and there were three boxes. I returned it tonight, and they had at least 12 of them in stock.

jonhern 12-03-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDeals (Post 55589974)
These are frequently reported to work. [amazon.com] Amazon had them for $18 for a long time and Best Buy sold them as low as $13 once (they are $20 currently). It sure beats paying a ton for them, although I understand they are not as high of a build quality as some of the more expensive ones.

I got these the other day to use with my st50 and they work well. The battery indicator is way off however probably because its a different brand. After watching avatar the TV said it was half full but Samsung rates them at 150 hours so I was a little disappointed. But the next day the TV said they were almost full so they should last awhile on a battery. And unlike what some of the info on the web states it does come with a battery in the package. I also got a couple more at bestbuy pricematching Amazon for $2 so you can get the batteries cheap. .

Cerious 12-03-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 55400670)

Where can you still find the 60" model at around this price? Amazon increased their price, and is "backordered". Supposedly Fry's has it also, but none of the ones in CA.

The only other place is Sams Clubs, but there is none within a reasonable distance. I so wish Costco also had the 60" model. Would have picked one up in a heart beat.

minnus 12-04-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselgeek (Post 55650714)
I bought one Saturday, and there were three boxes. I returned it tonight, and they had at least 12 of them in stock.

Why did you end up returning it?

Edit - Ignore me ... I just had to read a couple posts up, lol

DigitalDude 12-24-2012 11:50 PM

Panasonic Viera TC-P55UT50 1080P 55" 3D Plasma. In store only. Costco. $799 + Tax.

Walking around in Costco on Christmas eve, I noticed the Panasonic 55" UT for $799 + tax for in store pick up. Not available on their website.

For those that don't care about 3D, Frys is selling the TC-P60U50 for $799. This as you a know is a 2D set.

Good luck with After Christmas sales!!

sms1976 12-25-2012 12:16 AM

Same as http://slickdeals.net/f/5595332-Panasonic-TC-P55UT50-Plasma-for-799-at-costco?

I bought it, though, and really like the TV. Highly recommended, and works well with the $20 Samsung 3D glasses.

executivedealer 12-25-2012 03:15 AM

Wow, I have been going on about this deal for at least a week or more now. Little surprised it is just coming up and it seems most people are raving about how great the newer pannys are. I ended up buying this unit yesterday after sooooooooo much debate and research. I'm going easy on it since this is the first plasma i've ever owned and hearing about burn-ins so much. keep contrast levels low for the first few hundred hours and steer off anything that retains in a certain area for a long period of time, such as logos, the black top and bottoms you see when you watch a movie, etc.

I had the choice of purchasing this model at Frys too with no tax and free shipping, but I went with Costco still. Three reasons: The 2 year warranty that comes with it, 90 day electronics return policy with full refund if anything is wrong, plus the amazingly cheap warranty you can add onto it with square trade 3 years for $59.99!!! Not to mention, Costco is about a 5-6 minute drive from me.

Edit: I noticed several users were asking about the 3d, I know the ones panasonic normally sells are a bit expensive ($70-80) but I ordered 2 of these 3d glasses for $30 a piece from getting best buy to price match sears online; here is the thread http://slickdeals.net/f/5737472-Panasonic-3D-Active-Shutter-Glasses-29-99-Sears

tivoli 12-25-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executivedealer (Post 56369440)
Wow, I have been going on about this deal for at least a week or more now. Little surprised it is just coming up and it seems most people are raving about how great the newer pannys are. I ended up buying this unit yesterday after sooooooooo much debate and research. I'm going easy on it since this is the first plasma i've ever owned and hearing about burn-ins so much. keep contrast levels low for the first few hundred hours and steer off anything that retains in a certain area for a long period of time, such as logos, the black top and bottoms you see when you watch a movie, etc.

I had the choice of purchasing this model at Frys too with no tax and free shipping, but I went with Costco still. Three reasons: The 2 year warranty that comes with it, 90 day electronics return policy with full refund if anything is wrong, plus the amazingly cheap warranty you can add onto it with square trade 3 years for $59.99!!! Not to mention, Costco is about a 5-6 minute drive from me.

Edit: I noticed several users were asking about the 3d, I know the ones panasonic normally sells are a bit expensive ($70-80) but I ordered 2 of these 3d glasses for $30 a piece from getting best buy to price match sears online; here is the thread http://slickdeals.net/f/5737472-Panasonic-3D-Active-Shutter-Glasses-29-99-Sears

i saw that it had a bluetooth module on the back, do you know if you can connect some bluetooth headphones to the set? I know the GT has this option on the menu, but could not find anything on the UT series

executivedealer 12-26-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tivoli (Post 56377410)
i saw that it had a bluetooth module on the back, do you know if you can connect some bluetooth headphones to the set? I know the GT has this option on the menu, but could not find anything on the UT series

I just checked the menu, did not find anything that indicated bluetooth connectivity.

proppat 12-26-2012 08:25 AM

If you're lucky enough to get the last one, my local Costco blew out the floor model for $500. Before you start saying "you'd have to be a moron to buy a floor model plasma," 1) realize that burn in isn't the issue it used to be and 2) you're almost knocking half off the price. Take the $300 saved and put it away for your next tv upgrade. I would say most of the people around here upgrade well before their tv has given out. Sell it for $300 in 5 years and it's like you only paid $200 for a 5 year rental of a NICE 50" plasma.

triwood 01-05-2013 06:59 PM

Panasonic TC-P55UT50 55" 3D 1080P Plasma - $799.99 @ Costco

Price good in-store. Costco.com adds $99.99 for shipping, which isn't that slick.

LINK [http]

eddie123 01-05-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triwood (Post 56650428)
Price good in-store. Costco.com adds $99.99 for shipping, which isn't that slick.

LINK [http]

repost

http://slickdeals.net/f/5595332-Panasonic-TC-P55UT50-Plasma-for-799-at-costco

soobaerodude 01-11-2013 12:29 PM

Best Buy and Sears are selling this for $849 with free delivery. I might try and get either one of these stores to PM with free delivery.

executivedealer 01-11-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobaerodude (Post 56788686)
Best Buy and Sears are selling this for $849 with free delivery. I might try and get either one of these stores to PM with free delivery.

Nice, we got it from Costco and they referred us to third party service for the delivery. When we called, the quote they gave us was a little astounding. So I spent about 15-20 minutes taking out the seats from the back of my fiance's toyota rav4 and hoped for the impossible on fitting it in and being able to take it up to our condo on the 6th floor without any issue.

1stly, it fit in amazingly.

Secondly, it was surprisingly easy to lift with me and my fiance.

soobaerodude 01-14-2013 02:44 PM

The more I thought about it, trying to pricematch in-store was going to be YMMV, so I decided to order online from Sears for $850 with 5% cashback from Discover.

allenusa 01-15-2013 02:45 PM

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55UT50 55-Inch Full HD 3D Plasma TV $799.99 in Costco

1 Attachment(s)
Costco has 'Panasonic VIERA TC-P55UT50 55-Inch Full HD 3D Plasma TV' for $799.99 + Tax (In-Store).

Thanks,
John.

paapu007 01-15-2013 02:59 PM

Old news. A simple search in the forum before you post a new deal will avoid a lot of confusion.

Zarich 01-15-2013 05:50 PM

I am between this set and the LG 60PA6500.
I thought the picture was nicer looking on the LG, but like the feature set of the panny. Both are $799 at Costco.

Doom878 03-12-2013 11:57 AM

Today only at Costco $699