Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   12-Cup Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker Brushed Metal (Refurbished) $39 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5595836-12-cup-cuisinart-dcc-1200-brew-central-coffeemaker-brushed-metal-refurbished-39-free-shipping)

purificada 11-27-2012 01:36 PM

12-Cup Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker Brushed Metal (Refurbished) $39 + Free Shipping

slick deal on this coffee maker

LINK [buydig.com]

coupon code "CHEF10"

its rated 4 out of 5 stars based on 3098 reviews at amazon [amazon.com]

DJ3xclusive 11-27-2012 01:36 PM

12-Cup Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker Brushed Metal (Refurbished) $39 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
BuyDig has 12-Cup Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker Brushed Metal (Refurbished) for $44 - $4.40 Coupon Code "CHEF10" = $39.60. Shipping is free. Thanks purificada

acutturi 11-27-2012 02:32 PM

Love it

I love this coffeemaker! Gets coffee really hot, doesn't drip while pouring, looks great etc etc. I'm not sure about a refurb one, but for the price, I would take the chance on it if my current one shit the bed suddenly.

purificada 11-27-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acutturi (Post 55411926)
I love this coffeemaker! Gets coffee really hot, doesn't drip while pouring, looks great etc etc. I'm not sure about a refurb one, but for the price, I would take the chance on it if my current one shit the bed suddenly.

thanks for the feedback yeah i too would not hesitate on a cuisinart factory refurb.

unkle 11-28-2012 06:03 AM

amazon link doesnt point to right model

purificada 11-28-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkle (Post 55438284)
amazon link doesnt point to right model

hmm i knew i saw this model be the #1 seller on amazon... looks like this is the right one
for reference here [amazon.com]

cheapazz 11-28-2012 07:55 AM

Please read some of the negative reviews as this is what happened to me with this particular coffeemaker. After a year, I came downstairs to grab a cup when I smelled acrid smoke and noticed the coffee was boiling and smoke coming from the heating plate. I quickly unplugged it and got a new coffeemaker (not Cuisinart). I heard you can get Cuisinart to send you a new one as a replacement but I don't want another one with the same design flaw. My guess is it would have caught fire had I not been home to handle it.

jorapollo 11-28-2012 08:27 AM

Safety Tip: Never leave a countertop appliance plugged in while away from home.

parksalot 11-28-2012 08:28 AM

Good timing!

I was literally looking on Amazon at this coffee maker for a Christmas present for my wife. And lo and behold, I look at the popular deals, and there it is. :woot:

oppie00 11-28-2012 08:33 AM

My wife and I received this as a wedding present and absolutely love this coffeepot. We use it everyday and It's been running strong for nearly 2 years now. $39 is a steal for this thing; I may purchase one as a Christmas gift.

louge1953 11-28-2012 08:39 AM

comes up $44 vs. $39 when you click on the Buydig link .,,,with free shipping still a good price

bliford 11-28-2012 08:40 AM

Why does it show $44 for me?

iodi 11-28-2012 08:42 AM

I have this coffee pot and I love it. I had a heck of a time finding a pot that makes HOT coffee. I like my coffee HOT. I must have went thru 10 different brands before finding this one. I believe the only better brand to be a Bunn but they are waaay expensive.
I don't use the auto brew feature because accidents can always happen even in the best brands. Plus it only takes like 3 minutes to get it going in the am and that's including grinding the beans.

oldcrazimoma 11-28-2012 08:42 AM

Love this coffee pot. I have had mine for over 3 years; if it died tomorow I would go back out and buy another cuisinart without hesitation. We used to burn through a coffee pot a year until this one. Easy to clean, keeps coffee hot, produces hot coffee & fast

omegatron 11-28-2012 08:43 AM

Just got a NEW one from Costco - $49.99.

bobby350z 11-28-2012 08:44 AM

I have this and love it. Bought from Costco. Whether 2-3 cups or more, coffee always come nice and hot. Doesn't make too much noise either. And from what I know this is the only one which is BPA free.

SD1085 11-28-2012 08:45 AM

^^^Damn, maybe I should cancel my order and get that! Might have to head to costco tonight. Love the return policy in case it breaks.

courtjester 11-28-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapazz (Post 55441794)
Please read some of the negative reviews as this is what happened to me with this particular coffeemaker. After a year, I came downstairs to grab a cup when I smelled acrid smoke and noticed the coffee was boiling and smoke coming from the heating plate. I quickly unplugged it and got a new coffeemaker (not Cuisinart). I heard you can get Cuisinart to send you a new one as a replacement but I don't want another one with the same design flaw. My guess is it would have caught fire had I not been home to handle it.

This also happened to me. It was so crazy. I still bought another one. Lol.

SparklePenny 11-28-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purificada (Post 55408952)
slick deal on this coffee maker

LINK [buydig.com]

coupon code "CHEF10"

its rated 4 out of 5 stars based on 3098 reviews at amazon [amazon.com]

I have this & I have had it for a year & 1/2 with no problems. I bought it for a total of $38 off of Amazon with free shipping. Good coffee pot!

mike73 11-28-2012 08:52 AM

Ordered one as a gift for my wife. Will probably be way better than the $25 Black & Decker we use now.

flyingroach 11-28-2012 08:53 AM

3 of these in the family in HEAVY daily use for a bunch of years. Had Bunn before which was great but used tons of elec keeping water hot...and it was expensive to buy.

Only had 1 fail, my brothers will not finish full brew. Seems electronics messed up, so he now has to program the coffee to start and then it does full pot. He just sets to 1min later then current time.

jmueller44 11-28-2012 08:58 AM

Great price.
I have had this coffeemaker for 6 years, and it still works GREAT. It makes great coffee.
The only complaint is that the Glass Carafe is a little thin, as I have broke one of them with just a little bump on the side of the granite counter-tops. The replacement Carafe is over $20 on sale right now, so getting the whole maker and carafe for $40 is a great price on a great coffee maker.

flyingroach 11-28-2012 08:58 AM

Have 3 of these in family with HEAVY use the last bunch of years. Only 1 "failed" since it gets stuck on 1-4 cup brew cycle unless using time brew. We just set time to 1 min later then it is and get full pot.

As someone else mentioned costco members may just want to pay more for new 14 cup model.

$60

http://www.costco.com/Cuisinart-B...reId=10301

purificada 11-28-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingroach (Post 55444276)
Have 3 of these in family with HEAVY use the last bunch of years. Only 1 "failed" since it gets stuck on 1-4 cup brew cycle unless using time brew. We just set time to 1 min later then it is and get full pot.

As someone else mentioned costco members may just want to pay more for new 14 cup model.

$60

http://www.costco.com/Cuisinart-B...reId=10301

while the costco option looks nice i dont think it is the dcc-1200 model which seems to really one of the best rated models.

YankeeRedneck 11-28-2012 09:06 AM

glass carafe, im out

Yukonxl32 11-28-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purificada (Post 55444336)
while the Costco option looks nice i don't think it is the dcc-1200 model which seems to really one of the best rated models.

The Costco one is dcc-2600 (14 cup model) it's great for heavy coffee drinkers. Just bought one for my parents and they already love it. We have the dcc-1200 and love it also. You can't go wrong with either.

Here are the Amazon reviews for the DCC-2600 [amazon.com]

flyingroach 11-28-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purificada (Post 55444336)
while the costco option looks nice i dont think it is the dcc-1200 model which seems to really one of the best rated models.

You and I agree. My family and office brew a few full pots every day for years with the 1200 and other than my brother and his strange issue it is best model by far. I prefer it to the bunn we had before it. For the new 14 cup only time will tell. Just wanted to give a heads up for those that want more cups. Some say 1200 can be found at costco too.

Great product and buydig is very good vendor too.

gmanvbva 11-28-2012 09:18 AM

We've had this for almost 4 years. Wife loves it and it gets used everyday. No issues at all.

Firefly_Mal 11-28-2012 09:22 AM

I owned this for just over a year brand new. It was great while it worked, but it broke after only a year and I paid $75 for it. Can't stay I can recommend this for long term, but $40 isn't a bad price for this.

gregf 11-28-2012 09:24 AM

This looks like my free Gevalia coffee maker. Is it similar? Does Cuisinart make an inferior cheap model for Gevalia?

battlestarfan 11-28-2012 09:28 AM

I completely agree with Firefly... ours broke after 2 years. After multiple cleanings (vinegar), disassembly twice, it would only finish a full carafe after about 2 hours. I did a final 'cleaning' (vinegar and water) and watched as the heater element had a malfuction and blew the bottom out of the unit sitting on our kitchen counter. It sounded like a bomb had gone off.

It was a great looking unit, made a good cup of Joe, but wasn't buying another one after the issues.

My recommendation: stay up with filter replacements (we didn't), and do regular cleanings to make sure you don't have deposits destroy the inner workings of it.

ecker 11-28-2012 09:37 AM

been waiting for a coffee maker to go front page.

new coffee drinker here and with the gf, our current one is fine--but only 4 cups. not enough for both of us in the morning! hopefully as a first time coffee maker buyer, i am not disappointed! any tips would be nice.

uncletupelo 11-28-2012 09:50 AM

These make decent coffee & keep it hot, but don't plan on keeping it for more than a couple of years.

My first one's burner smoked out on me one morning after brewing a pot - it was replaced under warranty & now the burner on the replacement shuts off all by itself a few minutes after completing a brew.

On top of that - on mine - the coffee doesn't drain out of the basket fast enough & I end up with coffee grinds sticking to the underside of the lid where the water drips out - this wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that when you lift the top to pull out the used grounds or add water, the condensation & coffee grinds run down the lid and drip back into the reservoir so you've got to hose the thing out pretty frequently.

I would not buy another one of these & probably would stay away from a refurb after my experience with the burner smoking out on me.

mrhockeypuck 11-28-2012 10:18 AM

Last time I bought one, it did not come with the 12 cups. There were no cups in the box. When I went to return it, the gal behind the counter looked at me like I was stupid. She said it didn't come with any cups, even though the box said 12. Who's the idiot now??

intelinside 11-28-2012 10:24 AM

I'm guessing this is a dumb question, but will ask anyways since I'm new to brewing coffee-

Can you make just 4 cups at a time with this? I would only drink 1-3 cups at a time so don't need the 12 cups. Should I just buy a smaller machine?

Foreveryours 11-28-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelinside (Post 55447598)
I'm guessing this is a dumb question, but will ask anyways since I'm new to brewing coffee-

Can you make just 4 cups at a time with this? I would only drink 1-3 cups at a time so don't need the 12 cups. Should I just buy a smaller machine?

This model actually has a specal brew cycle for 4-cup; heats the water hotter to extract more flavor with the shorter brewing time. It also has 3 different temp control for the plate.

ciswt 11-28-2012 10:36 AM

for some reason i thought this was a grind and brew model... seems kinda pricey for just a normal autodrip

tkolakow 11-28-2012 10:41 AM

I purchased a refurb of this model via Cuisinart's ebay store 3 years ago, and it's still going strong. Best coffee maker I've ever used, hands down!

Make sure it has the gold mesh filter with it. If not, be sure to buy one and some extra charcoal water filters (the unit has a replaceable filter inside it for additional water filtering that should be replaced every couple of months)

tkolakow 11-28-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciswt (Post 55448240)
for some reason i thought this was a grind and brew model... seems kinda pricey for just a normal autodrip

This unit is not in the same realm as your basic craptastic coffee maker. Regular new price on these is 80 bucks, or so it was last time I checked.

This is a great deal on a solid machine!

skeppley 11-28-2012 11:06 AM

Got one for the wife.
Thanks!

Beech45Whiskey 11-28-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyPuck16 (Post 55447326)
Last time I bought one, it did not come with the 12 cups. There were no cups in the box. When I went to return it, the gal behind the counter looked at me like I was stupid. She said it didn't come with any cups, even though the box said 12. Who's the idiot now??

You and the lady in this audio clip must be related?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.ph...5607426627

(I know you are joking, but this lady wasn't)

HamZer11 11-28-2012 11:34 AM

Where do the k-cups go?

j/k... good deal if you still like good ole coffee.

Road Rage 11-28-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omegatron (Post 55443684)
Just got a NEW one from Costco - $49.99.

My wife bought one a year ago from Costco for same price as above. I do not like this coffee pot because the spring loaded knob you have to rotate left (on) right (off) is small and requires too much force to turn. It is not an ergonomic design for people with arthritis or big hands, etc.

mrhockeypuck 11-28-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beech45Whiskey (Post 55450692)
You and the lady in this audio clip must be related?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.ph...5607426627

(I know you are joking, but this lady wasn't)

Yep, heard that clip. very hilarious!!!

Foreveryours 11-28-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road Rage (Post 55451820)
My wife bought one a year ago from Costco for same price as above. I do not like this coffee pot because the spring loaded knob you have to rotate left (on) right (off) is small and requires too much force to turn. It is not an ergonomic design for people with arthritis or big hands, etc.

You must have another model, this one has a toggle on/off switch.

wolfy12 11-28-2012 12:44 PM

Thanks @ OP. Got it for work, we needed a replacement one for ancient ailing one! :p. :cool:

alinski 11-28-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foreveryours (Post 55453684)
You must have another model, this one has a toggle on/off switch.

Based on customer image (4 of 20) at Amazon.com posted on 02/11/12, the knobs are part of an improved control panel. Image 5 of 20 posted on 12/25/08 has the toggle switch which is the same as the one pictured at buydig.com.

TheFlyingDharma 11-28-2012 03:47 PM

Coincidentally, I had this coffee maker for 2 or 3 years before it burned out this morning. Made the entire house smell terrible and doesn't heat anything up anymore, but I'm thankful it didn't start a fire at least.

Bizaare that it would show up on the frontpage today.

Q-Bert 11-28-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapazz (Post 55441794)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaijuuSinatra (Post 55460558)
Coincidentally, I had this coffee maker for 2 or 3 years before it burned out this morning. Made the entire house smell terrible and doesn't heat anything up anymore, but I'm thankful it didn't start a fire at least.

Bizaare that it would show up on the frontpage today.

I won't touch another Cuisanart product. I've have a coffee maker and a food processor from Cuisanart. Both died within 3-4 months. Good thing I had purchased them from Costco. Back they went.

Angsto2 11-28-2012 06:44 PM

I bought a refurb unit 7 years ago and it's worked like a champ every day since.

Foreveryours 11-28-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinski (Post 55455898)
Based on customer image (4 of 20) at Amazon.com posted on 02/11/12, the knobs are part of an improved control panel. Image 5 of 20 posted on 12/25/08 has the toggle switch which is the same as the one pictured at buydig.com.

Damn! I bought mine back in April from Amazon.

thefennec 11-29-2012 05:31 AM

I have this coffee maker and have for about five years now. I picked mine up from Lowes and price-matched an online website, ended up getting it for about $36 with tax after discount and a coupon. I use it daily and it performs amazingly. I've never had a single issue with it. I stopped using the included water filter after the first week, as it added a strange flavor to the coffee. About once every three months, I run cleaner through it to keep sediment from building up. It heats your coffee up EXTREMELY hot for a drip machine; I love this part. Be VERY careful opening the lid if you have just brewed it, as the cloud of steam will burst out and can burn you. Also, it will vent steam from the top and side sometimes, so be careful not to put it immediately beneath a cabinet. I pulled mine out to the front of the counter and moved it about two inches from the fridge and it's perfect there. The heating plate can get extremely hot so be careful! I set mine to medium and there is only a 5-10 minute window after brewing before the coffee gets hot enough to burn. It will raise the coffee gently from its brewing temperature to about 8-12 degrees hotter. It does automatically shut off the heating plate though, so that you can't leave it running. This is a great feature because I know at least 2-3 times I have forgotten it was on.

The carafe has held up great to heavy use. I was worried about the rubberless plastic, but while there are scratches in it and it looks dull, it is still smooth and does not get coffee stain built up on it so long as you rinse it daily after use and wash it thoroughly now and again.

I have had Bunn and Mr. Coffee machines in the past; this is the best coffee maker I have ever personally used. I've never been using a friend or family member's machine and thought "I wish mine did that."

Did you get a bad or faulty unit? Replace it with the manufacturer! It's worth it!

alinski 11-29-2012 07:45 AM

Ordered morning of 11/27/2012. Just checked and order status is "Processing". Does this retailer normally take this long to process orders or just not update their website? Thanks.

iandyli 11-29-2012 08:10 AM

Thanks OP! Got one + cone coffee filter (since not included in refurbished unit) for a X-mas gift.

lilprincess 11-29-2012 06:04 PM

I too have this coffeemaker and purchased a refurbished model several years ago via Amazon and it's still going strong. It arrived in new condition and I've never had a problem with it.

hugo04 11-29-2012 06:18 PM

just placed my order.thank + rep

koelreutaria 12-01-2012 06:01 PM

Bought two of these for my small coffee shop 2 years ago. With daily - heavy - use, they are still working wonderfully. And to think I paid $70+ for each. The shame!

werewolfalpha 12-05-2012 11:05 AM

This item was showing a label generated as of the 30th of Nov, but fed-ex was showing they hadn't picked it up. Both companies are giving me the runaround, Buydig saying that Fed-x picked it up, and to call them, Fed-ex saying a label was generated but the item was never picked up and to call Buydig. What I know is that if the order had shipped when they say, fed-ex shows I should have had it today, and I don't. Last I heard was buydig telling me they would put a tracer on it, which is a waste of time, because I spoke to a manager at Fed-ex telling me they absolutely didn't have it.

Anyone else having a problem like this with BuyDig not actually shipping your items out?

werewolfalpha 12-05-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinski (Post 55485468)
Ordered morning of 11/27/2012. Just checked and order status is "Processing". Does this retailer normally take this long to process orders or just not update their website? Thanks.

Does yours show it's shipped or just processing? They are claiming mine is shipped but Fed-ex says no it hasn't. Bizzare!

alinski 12-05-2012 12:31 PM

Item delivered today and I am a little disappointed. The included instruction booklet has a sticker which states "Gold Tone Cuisinart Commercial Style Filter not included in refurbished product.' I am almost positive that the gold tone filter was in the item description. The item listing has been removed from the website, so I cannot check.

Foreveryours 12-05-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinski (Post 55719964)
Item delivered today and I am a little disappointed. The included instruction booklet has a sticker which states "Gold Tone Cuisinart Commercial Style Filter not included in refurbished product.' I am almost positive that the gold tone filter was in the item description. The item listing has been removed from the website, so I cannot check.

Gold filters are vastly over rated, and is in fact, pain-in-the-butt to clean after each usage.

werewolfalpha 12-06-2012 01:32 PM

Wow, my order was never shipped, they lied to me about putting in a trace on it, then after about my 4th call to a very rude customer service over a 5 day span, I was told they were going to send me one. I asked twice to speak to a manager and was put off both times. After I said I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund, I was put on hold for about 10 minutes, and then the guy came back and said "Yeah, we're going to ship you another one" , to which I again replied that I just wanted to cancel my order. To which they said 'Whatever dude, we'll refund you, bye" This from a guy that sounded like he was either drunk or high or maybe just really, really stupid. Going to put these guys on my " Never order from again" list.

Zambonni 12-06-2012 02:13 PM

Sorry to hear that. Mine came quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by werewolfalpha (Post 55761502)
Wow, my order was never shipped, they lied to me about putting in a trace on it, then after about my 4th call to a very rude customer service over a 5 day span, I was told they were going to send me one. I asked twice to speak to a manager and was put off both times. After I said I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund, I was put on hold for about 10 minutes, and then the guy came back and said "Yeah, we're going to ship you another one" , to which I again replied that I just wanted to cancel my order. To which they said 'Whatever dude, we'll refund you, bye" This from a guy that sounded like he was either drunk or high or maybe just really, really stupid. Going to put these guys on my " Never order from again" list.

eli9ju 12-07-2012 04:23 PM

Mine has not shipped yet, I ordered on Nov 29 ... contacted Buydig via e-mail during this week... :rolleye2:

Quote:

Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:50 PM

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for the inconvenience. However, this item is temporarily out of stock. As soon as we receive more, which we expect in the next 3-4 business days, we will rush to ship out your item. If you prefer not to wait, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Neil C.

Buydig.com Service Department

Go figure ... I´m going to wait during the next week, if nothing happens I will cancel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by werewolfalpha (Post 55716330)
This item was showing a label generated as of the 30th of Nov, but fed-ex was showing they hadn't picked it up. Both companies are giving me the runaround, Buydig saying that Fed-x picked it up, and to call them, Fed-ex saying a label was generated but the item was never picked up and to call Buydig. What I know is that if the order had shipped when they say, fed-ex shows I should have had it today, and I don't. Last I heard was buydig telling me they would put a tracer on it, which is a waste of time, because I spoke to a manager at Fed-ex telling me they absolutely didn't have it.

Anyone else having a problem like this with BuyDig not actually shipping your items out?

baphomet58 12-07-2012 04:28 PM

this has been great for me for the several years, but the coffee pot leaks now. The adhesive, or whatever was holding the plastic to the glass no longer holds it together, and it leaks. So, I have to pour it over the sink. It is entirely usable, but I've seen tons of people say this think won't leak.

firstaid33 12-07-2012 04:40 PM

I have two of these machines in 6 years fail on me. I bought the second one thinking the first one was fluke, but no there is something wrong with the construction of these items. The coffee these machines made was amazing, but I would not buy them again. I would make one pot per day, and over time the glue at the very bottom would loosen, and the water started to leak out at the bottom.