Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures [Blu-ray] (2011) @ Target for $35 AC YMMV B&M (http://slickdeals.net/f/5621756-indiana-jones-the-complete-adventures-blu-ray-2011-target-for-35-ac-ymmv-b-m)

theGr81 12-01-2012 09:19 AM

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures [Blu-ray] (2011) @ Target for $35 AC YMMV B&M

1 Attachment(s)
I was just at Target and picked up Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures for $35... not as hot as the $30 that it was rumored to be last weekend but not too bad either.

http://www.target.com/p/indiana-j...rm=indiana jones

There is a coupon you need to use that you can get from here...

http://coupons.target.com/entertainment-coupons (

Just select to print and bring to store... GL!

EDIT: Also Target is running a offer to Price Match their website till 12/24 so don't let them tell you otherwise... just get them to PM and then show coupon. And of course your RedCard for 5% off (Thanx TruthTruman)

theGr81 12-01-2012 09:33 AM

this is not a good deal? is this a repost? sorry, new to posting deals

TruthTruman 12-01-2012 09:36 AM

This is a great deal. Thanks man. Don't forget Redcard for extra 5% off.

theGr81 12-01-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruthTruman (Post 55566754)
This is a great deal. Thanks man. Don't forget Redcard for extra 5% off.

ha thanx... i though it was a repost or something cause someone TD this

i dont have a red card but will add it to my post

kquig91 12-01-2012 10:11 AM

Has anyone else tried this?

BigDayGT 12-01-2012 11:03 AM

Thanks OP and repped- was able to get in on this deal a few minutes ago even though it takes a little effort.

The set is ringing up at $75.99 in store right now, but was able to get the PM to the website for $45 and then add the $10 coupon and the 5% red card discount so total ended up as $33.25 + tax.

They seemed to have no idea how to match the website at the normal register so ended up having to go to customer service and they pulled out an iPad they keep back there to check online prices and confirmed the price and needed a GSTL to override because of the $31.99 difference. Once that was done and the GSTL left after keying in the price match I handed the cashier the coupon and my red card to pay and they scanned the coupon and it took the other $10 off and the 5% red card with no issues.

Not quite as good as the potential $30 deal rumored last weekend for black friday (which never came anyway), but close enough and the best price I have seen on this set by about $15.

b534202 12-01-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theGr81 (Post 55566294)

EDIT: Also Target is running a offer to Price Match their website till 12/24 so don't let them tell you otherwise... just get them to PM and then show coupon. And of course your RedCard for 5% off (Thanx TruthTruman)

Is this offer stated somewhere?

Caenis 12-01-2012 11:07 AM

https://corporate.target.com/abou...mise#q1971

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at the Guest Service desk.

cpubradley 12-01-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b534202 (Post 55568880)
Is this offer stated somewhere?

https://corporate.target.com/abou...mise#q1971

Holiday Price Matching: Target prices and competitor printed ads

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at the Guest Service desk.

The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.

Buckyball60 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

Think I should go Target.Too stupid inventory check is not working :(

Louisville S 12-01-2012 11:58 AM

They may not have them out on the floor. I had to ask the dude in electronics to get one from the back.

My experience:

Quote:

No problems here. $37.19 after tax. I spent 10 minutes trying to find someone who then spent 10 minutes looking for the movie and ended up getting one from the back. They had NONE out on the floor which was odd. I then spent another 10 minutes waiting in line at Guest Services. The cashier had to find a supervisor to override the price match. The coupon scanned fine.

So I was there for a while, but the deal was well worth it for me.

theGr81 12-01-2012 12:16 PM

when i went, they didnt have any out on the floor either and had to wait a bit for someone on the floor to help me

red_devil32 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

how much was this when it first came out? was it cheaper on preorder? Im asking because im not sure whether the Batman trilogy will get cheaper than $30 pre order price anytime soon

b534202 12-01-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisville S (Post 55569916)
They may not have them out on the floor. I had to ask the dude in electronics to get one from the back.

My experience:

same here. Took awhile to find it, but gotit at 35.
Guy took 10seconds to price match.

matt24256 12-01-2012 12:25 PM

Same here. They had none out on the floor, had to goto the back to get one. Rang up $74.99. Had to be price adjusted at customer service, but they took the coupon no problem. While I was waiting several calls, came in to see if they had stock. First rule of slickdeals people! Even though its not a price mistake, please dont call.

jonyyeh 12-01-2012 12:50 PM

Might be considered as excluded since it shows up as a Daily Deal on target.com.

https://corporate.target.com/abou...mise#q1973

Quote:

What is excluded from the Holiday Price Match?

In addition, the following exclusions apply:

Items originally purchased at Target.com
Prices that only display on a website after guests log in
Purchases from CityTarget stores
For items that are out of stock at Target or a competitor at the time the price match is requested; rain checks will not be issued for any item being price matched
Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee)
Competitor coupon-required or gift card offers
Competitor price matches on items where Target is offering a free gift card
Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off
Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement
Free product where no qualifying purchase is required
Bundled offers (including Amazon.com add-on items) and special purchases
Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
Sales tax promotions
Damaged, refurbished and open package product
Clearance or closeout items
Mail in offers or instant rebates
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
Going-out-of-business liquidations
Offers that include financing
Used or previously owned items
Pricing or typographical errors
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
Contract cell phone plans and devices
Daily Deals, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, Today’s Deals, Deal of the Day, Deal Near to Me, Value of the Day, Special Buy
Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match
All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.
Also, Daily Deal FAQ states this:

Quote:

Can I find these at my Target store?

Sometimes the items, but never the deals. Those, friends, are only here.

evodaniken 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Just like some SD'rs here, my location did not have any BR Box sets on the floor. I too had the associate in electronics to get one from the back. Lady on guest services was over cautious and gave me a slightly hard time...but after I showed no signs of budging she paged a manager from the Electronics area who confirmed on his target ipad. I'm in SoCal. 38.06 out the door. Sweet baby Jesus.:lol:

Thanks much to OP!!

evodaniken 12-01-2012 01:03 PM

My friend, you need not be concerned anymore since I was able to secure the deal like others here. Just have them price match as explained in the FAQ on the Target Corporate like posted by someone here. And the coupon will just scan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonyyeh (Post 55570984)
Might be considered as excluded since it shows up as a Daily Deal on target.com.

https://corporate.target.com/abou...mise#q1973

Also, Daily Deal FAQ states this:

Buckyball60 12-01-2012 01:04 PM

Manager had no clue about price match policy. Showed it on my phone and she adjusted the price. $37.93 incl. tax :)

I forgot, they had to get it from the back.

paayter 12-01-2012 01:05 PM

i personally wil stick with my dvd set of indiana jones, i like the grainy type film quality. and the fourth one was such a travesty. can someone weigh in tho on the blu ray version?

evodaniken 12-01-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paayter (Post 55571310)
i personally wil stick with my dvd set of indiana jones, i like the grainy type film quality. and the fourth one was such a travesty. can someone weigh in tho on the blu ray version?

You should read the comprehensive review here -

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ind...-ray/3956/
OR
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ind...56/#Review

hariseldon 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

Alternatives for those with no Target or not in stock or ripped apart by those spider wrap destruction devices:

Best Buy will likely match the $45, but extreme YMMV on the store coupon.

Walmart will probably match the Price and should accept the competitors coupon. A better chance at Walmart than BBY at getting both discounts. A few folks on other forum have already done this at both places, but only one success story at BBY with several folks reporting the deal from WM.

paayter 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evodaniken (Post 55571412)

ughh this review sounds good..but again that fourth one is ugh! and i HATE buying blu rays of dvds i already own. decisions... oh btw, repped!

evodaniken 12-01-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paayter (Post 55571310)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evodaniken (Post 55571412)

To be honest with you, I upgrade some my DVD collection to BR for three compelling reasons, in that order:
1. Audio - BRs usually have lossless DTS-HD Master or Dolby TrueHD
If you have a good HT system to take advantage of that sound quality, the depth and fidelity of a BR sound as compared to DVD sound makes heck of a difference. I have the ear and enjoy the rich sound quality.
2. Video - The Blu-Ray picture is almost always restored and remastered from original masters to get the 1080p picture (DVDs are only 480p). I have to admit there are some exceptions where the BR mastering is appalling, in that case, I'll just stick to the DVD until a better version is out. A good example of pathetic mastering.conversion is Total Recall Blu-Ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tot...85/#Review)
3. Extras - For those who care, they usually have same as DVD or even more extras than the corresponding DVD release on the Blu Ray.

I usually refer to blu-ray.com for reviews, they are really respectable in this area.
Also if I have a DVD set, I either resist upgrade or wait until there is Best Buy trade in program or a slickdeal like this one.
I don't have anything to tell you for this Blu-Ray title in particular, but it is reviewed as being outstanding. Hope this helps.

paayter 12-01-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evodaniken (Post 55571870)
To be honest with you, I upgrade some my DVD collection to BR for three compelling reasons, in that order:
1. Audio - BRs usually have lossless DTS-HD Master or Dolby TrueHD
If you have a good HT system to take advantage of that sound quality, the depth and fidelity of a BR sound as compared to DVD sound makes heck of a difference. I have the ear and enjoy the rich sound quality.
2. Video - The Blu-Ray picture is almost always restored and remastered from original masters to get the 1080p picture (DVDs are only 480p). I have to admit there are some exceptions where the BR mastering is appalling, in that case, I'll just stick to the DVD until a better version is out. A good example of pathetic mastering.conversion is Total Recall Blu-Ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tot...85/#Review)
3. Extras - For those who care, they usually have same as DVD or even more extras than the corresponding DVD release on the Blu Ray.

I usually refer to blu-ray.com for reviews, they are really respectable in this area.
Also if I have a DVD set, I either resist upgrade or wait until there is Best Buy trade in program or a slickdeal like this one.
I don't have anything to tell you for this Blu-Ray title in particular, but it is reviewed as being outstanding. Hope this helps.

i will agree with you there...i do do that.actually the best one ive done i think was back to the future..but then i get burned on some like rocky undisputed collection. still on the fence with the godfather one, cant see how much better that would get audio wise. i can see lucasfilms tho to have great restorations, and thats why im on the fence with this one.

zinch33 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

Got one, thanks! Had to get mine from the back as well. No hassle at all. Just showed them the price online with my phone.

joeH1974 12-01-2012 02:05 PM

Got one thanks! $45 - 10 coupon - 5% Red Card + tax = $35.76 OTD.

Alucard400 12-01-2012 02:14 PM

Score!! They had to pull it out the back like previous posters. I had to wait long. Then went to customer service. Waited long because they waited for someone with an ipad to check the price themselves on the website. This price will be good only until they pull the price off the page!

charlie hustle 12-01-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt24256 (Post 55570438)
Same here. They had none out on the floor, had to goto the back to get one. Rang up $74.99. Had to be price adjusted at customer service, but they took the coupon no problem. While I was waiting several calls, came in to see if they had stock. First rule of slickdeals people! Even though its not a price mistake, please dont call.

A pretty silly rule if people are calling for inventory check.

matt24256 12-01-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie hustle (Post 55573144)
A pretty silly rule if people are calling for inventory check.

An inventory check alerts the employees. If enough people do an inventory check, it will raise a flag with the employee and alert them to the deal, and presto, no more stock except for said employee and their friends.

mexxican 12-01-2012 02:43 PM

Inventory checker on the Target app works fine FYI

Buckyball60 12-01-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt24256 (Post 55573444)
An inventory check alerts the employees. If enough people do an inventory check, it will raise a flag with the employee and alert them to the deal, and presto, no more stock except for said employee and their friends.

It would alert me :P

j_Lyn 12-01-2012 03:21 PM

Thanks for sharing op! Just picked up a copy in San Diego.. Took a while as they had to pull up the price on the iPad as well at guest services. Will rep you when I'm not mobile.

charlie hustle 12-01-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt24256 (Post 55573444)

there is no "red flag", Target has dedicated to price matching websites and that includes their own. This isn't a scam. You guys are weird.

charlie hustle 12-01-2012 03:27 PM

Took 5 minutes in la mesa. pretty easy just realize that as has been mentioned there's really no place for it on the floor, may as well ask somebody to get it from the back.

Buckyball60 12-01-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie hustle (Post 55574438)
there is no "red flag", Target has dedicated to price matching websites and that includes their own. This isn't a scam. You guys are weird.

Think you got it wrong. He was talking about that most employee are not aware of the great price and if 25 people are calling they for sure are.

matt24256 12-01-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 55574620)
Think you got it wrong. He was talking about that most employee are not aware of the great price and if 25 people are calling they for sure are.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

charlie hustle 12-01-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 55574620)

Pretty sure they have more stock than that at Target stores.

mddillon 12-01-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeH1974 (Post 55572692)
Got one thanks! $45 - 10 coupon - 5% Red Card + tax = $35.76 OTD.

Certainly YMMV on using the $10 Target coupon with this price match. According to Target's price match policy, target coupons are applied before the price match. See official rules below:

Can I use a coupon when price matching?

A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
  • Manufacturer Coupons: Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
  • Target Coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.
  • Combining both Target and Manufacturer Coupons: The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
  • Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.

cpubradley 12-01-2012 03:48 PM

Thanks - got one - pulled from back like others.

Worker bees said they didn't price match and where told specifically not to match any online price including target.com for any product --- lol .... I said yes you do, queen in training bee overheard and said oh yea we price match target.com and target just started doing that for this holiday season.

She started to kinda chew the worker bees out cause that was the third time today that they have told people they don't match target.com prices and she has had to tell the customers otherwise....

She checked me out at the customer service adjusted price, had head honcho override price adjustment and told the head honcho that someone really needs to talk to those kids in electronic cause they keep telling people the wrong information and then she apologized again for my trouble - lol, I was like no big deal.

b534202 12-01-2012 03:57 PM

Funny thing was that after all the trouble, they found 3 copies, I got one, and then they hid the 2 remaining copies.

Did someone tell all the stores to not put Indy on the shelves?

Wadsworth 12-01-2012 04:04 PM

Got 1. They actually had them on the shelf. Had to price match at customer service. They didn't give me any trouble with the price match or the coupon. The employee even said "Wow, that's a good price!"

mexxican 12-01-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b534202 (Post 55575254)
Funny thing was that after all the trouble, they found 3 copies, I got one, and then they hid the 2 remaining copies.

Did someone tell all the stores to not put Indy on the shelves?

No, in my store the rack where the box sets usually are was set up with Brave & Spider-Man promo displays. I entered the DCPI on the price scanner and it said Aisle N/A , Stockroom Yes

joeH1974 12-01-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mddillon (Post 55575006)
Certainly YMMV on using the $10 Target coupon with this price match. According to Target's price match policy, target coupons are applied before the price match. See official rules below:

A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guest presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:
  • Manufacturer Coupons: Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
  • Target Coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.
  • Combining both Target and Manufacturer Coupons: The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
  • Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.

Hence the YMMV part of the thread title.

Also, judging by the responses, it doesn't look like people are having too much trouble. ;)

sykdeals 12-01-2012 04:40 PM

Worked with no issue for me. I just showed them the target.com price on my phone. I'm going to try again at a different Target and see if I can snag a 2nd copy for a gift.

Strangermusic 12-01-2012 04:48 PM

All the Blu-rays have very fine picture quality considering the various ages of the Indiana Jones' franchise and the type of film they were shot on in the first place.

Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Tier 2.25 [avsforum.com]

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom - Tier 2.5 [avsforum.com]

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade - Tier 1.75 [avsforum.com]

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Tier 1.25 [avsforum.com]

The closer to 0 the score, the better the picture looks on Blu-ray.

mrednejar 12-01-2012 04:50 PM

repped.thanks

sullen-girl 12-01-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisville S (Post 55569916)

My experience:

We had to get a guy to get one from the back too. It's extremely odd that they are putting them in the back, unless they are expecting people to PM to the website.

Nevertheless, still an awesome deal. Valid in Knoxville, TN.

sykdeals 12-01-2012 06:23 PM

I went back to a different target and got a 2nd copy. Same price, $38.xx out the door. I don't have a redcard.

I asked how many they had in stock and was told "more than 5" so I expect they have a lot to offer. However, I believe the online price was a daily deal so this may expire today.

If you want to get the deal go try it tonight.

BallsDeep 12-01-2012 06:29 PM

Good deal, but Ill wait till the next one comes out, and then get them.

N2none 12-01-2012 06:29 PM

It was valid in Dayton (Beavercreek) OH. The guy in electronics told me ahead of time it was 79.99. I told him I wanted a copy anyways. When he returned I asked if they were price matching the website (yes) and if he was aware the website had it for 45 (yes), then I asked if the coupon was valid (yes). So he knew. I told him it was a great price and he agreed smiled and walked away.

charlie hustle 12-01-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mddillon (Post 55575006)

Are you sure this counts as a competitor match? This is their own website, not amazon.

silver8 12-01-2012 08:36 PM

Just scored one! $35 w/coupon. It first rang up as $75, but got it price matched with Target.com. Interestingly enough there are none one the floor, they are all in the back. You may need to ask for them to check as they may play dumb and say they don't carry it. Inventory can be checked online with the target app, not Target.com.

DisneyDisciple 12-01-2012 08:42 PM

Got one in Chicago -- thanks OP -- PM'd and used the coupon. Good find!

Edwoods 12-01-2012 08:45 PM

They're definitely hiding them in the back to avoid the online sale.

Scored one at the San Pedro Target. They had 5 left when I left 2 hours ago.

jonhohle 12-01-2012 08:48 PM

Got one in WA. Great deal! Also in back, but it seemed like they had a lot. The guy who helped us was surprised they didn't have any on the shelves.

At the store we went to the sign in front said they don't price match Target.com, but when shown the website policy, they relented.

CrazyGoat 12-01-2012 08:49 PM

Just bought one. I worked Target Electronics as a specialist for over a year - they're not hiding them, they have limited floor space for these blurays, and happen to have them in the back.

Had to help the employee with the DPCI, which is unavailable on the mobile target page, you need to scroll to the bottom and select "full site."

GSTL did the price match ith my phone and applied coupon. Tada!!!!! $35 dollars out the door!

Repped!

Edwoods 12-01-2012 08:57 PM

Definitely not limited shelf space at the two Targets I frequent. Plenty of empty shelf space, and they have tons of TV box sets on the shelves, so there's plenty of room for the Indy box set.

The ones hidden in the back had the "Spiders" on them as well, so there's no reason it couldn't be on the shelves.

bmoody 12-01-2012 09:48 PM

Got 1. Thanks OP

CrazyGoat 12-01-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwoods (Post 55582252)
Definitely not limited shelf space at the two Targets I frequent. Plenty of empty shelf space, and they have tons of TV box sets on the shelves, so there's plenty of room for the Indy box set.

The ones hidden in the back had the "Spiders" on them as well, so there's no reason it couldn't be on the shelves.

Just because the items are out of stock, doesn't mean the shelves are 'empty.'

Corporate dictates the exact Floorplan for each aisle, and if the Indie set wasn't selling well enough, or they needed to make room for hotter items - they'll push it to back stock for a later date. I saw it happen all the time with movies and video games. Out with the old, in with the new. I'm willing to bet they determined the set wasn't selling well enough at $75 to justify the space it was taking up, and decided to make room for newer items in a Floorplan revision.

Trust me - I worked at Target for YEARS, and set the entertainment and electronics revisions and pushes for aisle updates. There's no conspiracy to hide them from the public, because anything hidden in the back room is highly unlikely to sell. They only put things into the storeroom if they have to. Additionally - there is little to no coordination between target.com and the target stores. The left hand doesn't often know what the right hand is doing. :)

omegatron 12-01-2012 10:42 PM

Got 1 at Alhambra, CA. Was in the back...had to ask, and I saw on the inventory scanner that there were 2 total, so 1 left... $38 after tax...awesome!

Thos19 12-02-2012 05:03 AM

Worked for me in Abington Massachusetts. No hassle whatsoever except having to get a copy from outback inventory. Thanks OP!

Thos.

MarFrickintinez 12-02-2012 05:27 AM

It's showing up as $64.99 on the website for me. Am I too late??!!??

joeH1974 12-02-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarFrickintinez (Post 55589958)
It's showing up as $64.99 on the website for me. Am I too late??!!??

Looks like it. $55 after coupon now.

Soren 12-02-2012 08:33 AM

ARGGG... I was headed to Target today... no longer a deal ;(

Glad I picked it up last night like others said it was nowhere to be found on the floor and they had to look in th back room. They had several in stock according to their inventory scan. Had to PM up at customer service. I had a feeling it was only going to be a short sale, not sure why they would post a sale for a day but since the Sunday ads were coming out I felt there was a good chance it wouldn't last.

Gavica 12-02-2012 09:15 AM

They told me they dont PM Website and if they did give me the website price I wouldnt be able to use the coupon

zoro 12-02-2012 09:34 AM

Please do let us know if any one get at $44 minus $10 off for coupon?

Alucard400 12-02-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavica (Post 55593880)
They told me they dont PM Website and if they did give me the website price I wouldnt be able to use the coupon

if you read a few posts down the first page, someone linked the policy for price matching. normally Target doesn't price match even their own webpage, but that policy linked was for a date range for price matching their own website throughout the holidays

Buckyball60 12-02-2012 09:49 AM

Deal is done anyway, who wants to pay $54? Glad I went yesterday immediatelly after I saw the deal :)

barndogusn 12-02-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavica (Post 55593880)

Not surprising considering how terrible their customer service is, I'm pretty much done shopping there as everything is overpriced anyway and their deals are nearly impossible to catch. There's a major breakdown in communication within this company.

theGr81 12-02-2012 11:52 AM

looks like the deal is dead...sucks that it only lasted a day

but congrats to everyone who scored one and thanx for the reps everyone!

Buckyball60 12-03-2012 06:53 AM

Can someone who bought it and already opened the box please tell me if they are only for Region A (North America)? There are no information on the box. Otherweise I order them from Amazon UK and return it to Target.

compguy 12-03-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckyball60 (Post 55622212)
Can someone who bought it and already opened the box please tell me if they are only for Region A (North America)? There are no information on the box. Otherweise I order them from Amazon UK and return it to Target.

gl with that

blasastter 12-04-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

How can you do that? The packaging is different, the UPC code is different, Target will never take that.

hariseldon 12-04-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Everything looks to be region free though the disc themselves are not labelled as far as I can tell. All Reviews and forum reports indicate the set is region free.

I'm also confused about the last half of the post though I suspect it means you;ll order/keep the UK set and return your unopened US set.

Buckyball60 12-05-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 55693136)
Everything looks to be region free though the disc themselves are not labelled as far as I can tell. All Reviews and forum reports indicate the set is region free.

I'm also confused about the last half of the post though I suspect it means you;ll order/keep the UK set and return your unopened US set.

You got it right ;)

megapowerspt 12-05-2012 09:16 AM

I got my Target to price match Amazon's $39.99 + $10 coupon + my 10% employee discount.

Under $30! Pretty sweet!

red_devil32 12-05-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megapowerspt (Post 55712020)
I got my Target to price match Amazon's $39.99 + $10 coupon + my 10% employee discount.

Under $30! Pretty sweet!

lol you work there you can get your co workers to price match whatever. I doubt target ever pm amazon

zoro 12-05-2012 09:23 AM

Wow how did u pull that rabbit out of hat with target lol?

insyder 12-05-2012 09:30 AM

dont know about this. Even if it comes to $30, with pricematch and coupon, when you add the tax and driving to target, comes pretty close to $39 without moving from the couch...

megapowerspt 12-05-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_devil32 (Post 55712234)
lol you work there you can get your co workers to price match whatever. I doubt target ever pm amazon

Hilarious. Maybe if you go to Target you will realize ALL targets will price match ALL online prices through the holidays. The $10 coupon can be found on Target.com. I didn't do anything different from anyone else other than using the employee discount.

Guest Services will use an iPad to confirm the online price and match the price.