Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 $79.99 FS Amazon Prime (http://slickdeals.net/e/5633344-logitech-bluetooth-illuminated-keyboard-k810-79-99-fs-amazon-prime)

Spr33 12-03-2012 02:30 PM

Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 $79.99 FS Amazon Prime

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this price drop, set to be in stock on December 6th. The price has been lower in the past but perhaps you don't want to wait.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bl...2FXCCLLZNZ

Logitech Easy-Switch Bluetooth technology: Press one button to instantly switch between typing on your PC, tablet and smartphone

joelee1990 12-03-2012 04:01 PM

Is the premium for multiple device support worth it? Seems rather steep price for a keyboard, granted it is bluetooth and rechargeable. Please discuss (amazon top review: tldr, sorry!)

Technosquid 12-05-2012 11:51 PM

This must be aimed at tablet use, otherwise they would use the unifying receiver. I think I'll wait for that version. Looks nice, though.

longview 12-06-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosquid (Post 55740102)
This must be aimed at tablet use, otherwise they would use the unifying receiver. I think I'll wait for that version. Looks nice, though.

Why unifying receiver if it is via Bluetooth?

ganderdnaw 12-06-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longview (Post 55740294)

Some laptops/desktops do not have bluetooth built in.

longview 12-06-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganderdnaw (Post 55740310)
Some laptops/desktops do not have bluetooth built in.

Then for that device you use a keyboard with usb/unifying receiver. Why even mention this on a bluetooth sharing keyboard?

Technosquid 12-06-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longview (Post 55740294)

I just like the rock solid stability of the USB unifying receiver. I tried a bluetooth mouse once, and I had problems with it losing it's pairing, having to be re-paired, or restarted. With the unifying receiver, all the pairings are saved to the hardware.

longview 12-06-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosquid (Post 55740556)
I just like the rock solid stability of the USB unifying receiver. I tried a bluetooth mouse once, and I had problems with it losing it's pairing, having to be re-paired, or restarted. With the unifying receiver, all the pairings are saved to the hardware.

I agree with unifying receiver more stable than bluetooth, but whats the point of mentioning that when this keyboard is about Easy-Switch technology between three devices like computer, phone, tablet? which cannot be done via unifying receiver.

You going to make this post on all other bluetooth keyboard threads as well? Just buy one of many many Logitech unifying usb keyboards then, as I've plenty of them, but none do this easy switching.

Technosquid 12-06-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longview (Post 55741434)
I agree with unifying receiver more stable than bluetooth, but whats the point of mentioning that when this keyboard is about Easy-Switch technology between three devices like computer, phone, tablet? which cannot be done via unifying receiver.

You going to make this post on all other bluetooth keyboard threads as well? Just buy one of many many Logitech unifying usb keyboards then, as I've plenty of them, but none do this easy switching.

Well, the point for me is that I like the look of this keyboard... the overall styling, with the low-key-travel island-style keys with laser etched backlighting, and even the lack of the number pad (I've never been one much for using it.) The point is that of the many Logitech keyboards, wired or wireless, backlight or not, I would prefer this one, but only if it used the unifying receiver. Whether or not bluetooth is the feature that makes possible the whole point of this keyboard, it's also the feature that keeps me from buying it.

I'm not criticizing the use of bluetooth, I'm just saying it doesn't work for me. If they added the ability to hand off between a unifying receiver and bluetooth devices, I'd definitely be sold on it. Short of that, or full unifying receiver version, I won't add my desktop the the mix, and won't buy it solely as a keyboard for mobile devices.

longview 12-06-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosquid (Post 55742768)
Well, the point for me is that I like the look of this keyboard... the overall styling, with the low-key-travel island-style keys with laser etched backlighting, and even the lack of the number pad (I've never been one much for using it.) The point is that of the many Logitech keyboards, wired or wireless, backlight or not, I would prefer this one, but only if it used the unifying receiver. Whether or not bluetooth is the feature that makes possible the whole point of this keyboard, it's also the feature that keeps me from buying it.

I'm not criticizing the use of bluetooth, I'm just saying it doesn't work for me. If they added the ability to hand off between a unifying receiver and bluetooth devices, I'd definitely be sold on it. Short of that, or full unifying receiver version, I won't add my desktop the the mix, and won't buy it solely as a keyboard for mobile devices.

You're better off getting this one then. I have it, and enjoy the solar power and flat keys, only wished it could switch between devices. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wi...itech+k750

mZimm 12-06-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longview (Post 55754398)
You're better off getting this one then. I have it, and enjoy the solar power and flat keys, only wished it could switch between devices. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wi...itech+k750

Better alternatice would be the K800, the predecessor to this K810. You trade solar for rechargeable but you also get backlit keys.

Technosquid 12-06-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longview (Post 55754398)

That one doesn't have illuminated keys. Just sayin. Also I think they solar power thing is a little gimmicky, especially since similar Logitech keyboards claim 3-year battery life on 2 AA batteries. Was it really worth having a solar panel to save 2-6 AA batteries?

longview 12-06-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mZimm (Post 55754664)
Better alternatice would be the K800, the predecessor to this K810. You trade solar for rechargeable but you also get backlit keys.

You're right, that one is good alternate too. All I'm saying is, with all these logitech choices, why bother criticizing the one in this thread if it's not for you? Pick one of many others then.

Technosquid 12-06-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longview (Post 55755770)
You're right, that one is good alternate too. All I'm saying is, with all these logitech choices, why bother criticizing the one in this thread if it's not for you? Pick one of many others then.

Again, nobody was criticizing.

rich123 02-17-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosquid (Post 55757014)
Quote from longview :You're right, that one is good alternate too. All I'm saying is, with all these logitech choices, why bother criticizing the one in this thread if it's not for you? Pick one of many others then.

Again, nobody was criticizing.

Amazon now @$78.13