Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SKIL 120-Volt 3.2-Amp 10" Drill Press $88.50 or less + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/e/5648610-skil-120-volt-3-2-amp-10-drill-press-88-50-or-less-free-shipping)

lozts 12-05-2012 06:37 PM

SKIL 120-Volt 3.2-Amp 10" Drill Press $88.50 or less + Free Shipping

65531 Attachment(s)
SKIL 3320-02 120-Volt 10-Inch Drill Press [amazon.com] for $103.54 (Be sure to select the one sold from amazon under more buying choices) - auto $15 off at checkout = $88.54 - $5 off $25 credit = $83.54 compared to $222 at Sears [sears.com].

Rep's are appreciated. P&TY. :)

yuugotserved 12-05-2012 06:37 PM

SKIL 120-Volt 3.2-Amp 10" Drill Press $88.50 or less + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
Amazon has SKIL 120-Volt 10" Drill Press for $103.54 - $15 off during checkout = $88.54. You may also receive $5 off $25 when you answer and share a response on Facebook [Discuss], making it $83.54. Shipping is free. Thanks lozts

coyotefreek 12-05-2012 07:13 PM

Nice find, reviews look good. Competitors prices are really closer to $130-150 but still at $84 it looks like a great value.

I felt too guilty taking advantage of my 2 day prime shipping on a 54lb box so I took the $3 movie credit for standard shipping.

chris83190 12-05-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotefreek (Post 55730738)
Nice find, reviews look good. Competitors prices are really closer to $130-150 but still at $84 it looks like a great value.

I felt too guilty taking advantage of my 2 day prime shipping on a 54lb box so I took the $3 movie credit for standard shipping.

if you pay for prime like i do, dont feel guilty
also their shipping rates with UPS is incredibly cheap compared to what we pay at the UPS store.
and i dont think they would offer prime if they lost a lot of money on it.

and if the package is coming from your neighbor state, most likely they pay UPS Ground shipping fees. And those are discounted.

colto 12-05-2012 10:19 PM

Nice! Been eyeballing this drill press for a while now. Was going to ask for one for Christmas but this is a great deal. Bought one! TU OP

defbrizzo 12-05-2012 10:51 PM

Nice!

Nate650 12-05-2012 11:17 PM

The Sears price comparison is not really useful since it is being sold by a 3rd party. It is $130 at CPO [skilshop.com] and $109 at ToolBarn [toolbarn.com]. Nonetheless this is the lowest price ever according to the triple camel.

Meetloaf 12-05-2012 11:21 PM

SIIIIIIIICK! I just spent money I never planned on spending...but I don't even CARE!

Thanks OP. I've REALLY been wanting a drill press for years, couldn't pass this one up.

thisismatt 12-05-2012 11:25 PM

Problem with inexpensive drill presses is they really don't turn slow enough for drilling metal, especially not with large bits or hole saws. Good price, though.

krispydude 12-05-2012 11:29 PM

I didn't need it...at all..but I just bought it anyways just because

THANKS SLICKDEALS!!!!

ha

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisismatt (Post 55738298)
Problem with inexpensive drill presses is they really don't turn slow enough for drilling metal, especially not with large bits or hole saws. Good price, though.

I'm sure someone creative could get some sort of DC motor regulator going to make this variable speed

EDIT: looks like this is variable from 570-3k RPMs, even better

ilivas 12-05-2012 11:32 PM

Excellent thanks, I had a $5 amazon gift card from bing rewards also which made just a little bit better.

coyotefreek 12-05-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris83190 (Post 55736204)
if you pay for prime like i do, dont feel guilty
also their shipping rates with UPS is incredibly cheap compared to what we pay at the UPS store.
and i dont think they would offer prime if they lost a lot of money on it.

and if the package is coming from your neighbor state, most likely they pay UPS Ground shipping fees. And those are discounted.

In 2012 I have had 77 orders with Amazon to date so I can definitely say they are loosing money from me with Prime but I hear what your saying.

Bob64 12-06-2012 12:05 AM

Just a FYI that the variable speed adjustment requires you to pop the hood of the device, and change the belt setting on it... more of a manual process then if you were expecting a rpm knob on the side.

Also, when I got mine, the height adjustment wasn't working right, and it was covered in grease. You also have to bang the chuck onto the spindle, which can come loose while your drillin and pop off. Not sure if all drill presses are like this though.

Porksword 12-06-2012 12:35 AM

I am going to be a homeowner in about 2-3 weeks. I am looking for a reason to buy this because I have a deals addictions. I don't have any great handyman skills. Should I buy this? (FYI: I have no idea what this is used for other than the obvious [making holes]).

buynow_thinklater 12-06-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksword (Post 55739932)
I am going to be a homeowner in about 2-3 weeks. I am looking for a reason to buy this because I have a deals addictions. I don't have any great handyman skills. Should I buy this? (FYI: I have no idea what this is used for other than the obvious [making holes]).

It's used to make a lot of accurate and consistent holes, which is hard to do with a handheld drill.

Red55 12-06-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

No immediately seek help for your addiction.

Seriously, I have a better model and I do a lot of carpentry work. Great tool to have, but amount of usage really doesn't justified the cost and space the unit takes. Save your money to buy a quality cordless drill or another tool you will be using more often. Good luck on home ownership!

FBomb 12-06-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Hahaha, don't do it man. I just bought a home last year and have a garage full of tools. I have purchased within the last six months a 1.35 HP air compressor, air storage tank, mitre saw, table saw, monster snow blower from Sears, ratcheting wrenches among tons of other various hand tools, two 18v drills, kerosene super duper heater, and a ton of other $hit I hardly ever use. The most used tool in my garage: beer fridge.

I am also tempted to get this, have no reason to so trying to resist.

Porksword 12-06-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myang322 (Post 55740034)
It's used to make a lot of accurate and consistent holes, which is hard to do with a handheld drill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red55 (Post 55740078)
No immediately seek help for your addiction.

Seriously, I have a better model and I do a lot of carpentry work. Great tool to have, but amount of usage really doesn't justified the cost and space the unit takes. Save your money to buy a quality cordless drill or another tool you will be using more often. Good luck on home ownership!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBomb (Post 55740080)
Hahaha, don't do it man. I just bought a home last year and have a garage full of tools. I have purchased within the last six months a 1.35 HP air compressor, air storage tank, mitre saw, table saw, monster snow blower from Sears, ratcheting wrenches among tons of other various hand tools, two 18v drills, kerosene super duper heater, and a ton of other $hit I hardly ever use. The most used tool in my garage: beer fridge.

Thanks for your honest responses! Sadly, I will have to pass.

wmichladiesman 12-06-2012 12:58 AM

What is the 'triple camel'?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate650 (Post 55738136)
Nonetheless this is the lowest price ever according to the triple camel.

flipmark03 12-06-2012 01:04 AM

Search camelcamelcamel on google. Its a price monitor

kitim 12-06-2012 01:12 AM

The deal works well for my best friend. I'll share this deal with my friend.

Lambboy 12-06-2012 01:30 AM

I've had this drill for about a year now.

Will it drill 1" thick steel? no.

1/4" is about your limit with a good bit and some oil.

Wood, pvc, and sheet metal are no problem.

It's small and not very heavy. Changing the speed with the belt only takes a few seconds.

If you just want some nice clean holes drilled straight in light material it's fine. I just built two cabinets and it was helpful.

Whiskers3 12-06-2012 02:13 AM

I went thru the reviews and while overall it was rated quite well, one of the 2 star reviews pointed out that this unit has a maximum thrust of only 2", meaning you can only drill a 2" deep hole. I guess maybe you could go deeper by constantly raising the table up and drilling deeper, but that seems a nuisance. Depending on your usage, this may or may not be a problem, just wanted to point that out to anyone that this might be important to, Also there are a lot of hits on the fact the chuck may not mount "square" and have wobble. Apparantly they left the important task of pressing the chuck to its shaft to the consumer, and lets face it, some people probably shouldn't even use a drill press, much less assemble one, so we can take those complaints with a grain of salt. It's also very light duty and can not drill large holes in wood. I'm going to pass on this although I think it probably a great deal for many people, mostly cause I would prefer to put my money in a more powerful and versatile tool. If I bought this, one of these days I would end up needing and getting something with more power, and than this thing would just be in my way.

Whiskers3 12-06-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipmark03 (Post 55740308)
Search camelcamelcamel on google. Its a price monitor

no need to search google, just type urlhasbeenblocked and go there. It's a great website that tracks amazon, newegg, target, and maybe someplace else. you can see price histories for products to know if something is really on sale or not, and set up price alerts to email you when something drops. I just saved a little over $50 last week on a expensive piece of equipment thanks to the camel.

wtf? why the hell are they blocking the url? isn't this place about posting links to deals?

well if you can't figure it out, it camelcamelcamel dot com

digduck 12-06-2012 02:58 AM

dang so hard to resist. I also passed on that sander deal earlier this week. now if they had a decent inexpensive band saw....

USCsteveO 12-06-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

I'm in the same boat! Spare plumbing parts also go on the list, you never know

Paint goes bad sittin in a garage for a few months esp in extreme climates

My garage ceiling is a/b 9 feet, so I built overhead storage rails to slide in some Lowe's bins. Used a standard drill for my lag bolts though the press would have made life a little easier.

JowAngel 12-06-2012 05:46 AM

If it shows up $119, look at "other buying choices" from Amazon for the $104 option with free shipping.

john_fernandes 12-06-2012 06:05 AM

List Price: $208.04
Price: $119.99
You Save: $88.05 (42%)

Think the deal is over

copyright1997 12-06-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_fernandes (Post 55743370)
List Price: $208.04
Price: $119.99
You Save: $88.05 (42%)

Think the deal is over

The deal is still going. The 15$ reduction doesn't take place until you proceed to checkout.
Items:$104.09
Shipping & Handling:$45.34
Promotion Applied:-$15.00
Super Saver Discount:-$45.34
Total before tax:$89.09

kresso 12-06-2012 06:31 AM

When I went there the prime eligible one was not the first listed, but it just worked for me. Thanks!

Giantcrazy 12-06-2012 06:33 AM

I'm a tool whore too - don't need this, don't have the room for this....

...and yet, must resist...the....urge......to........BUY!

SlicksterNJ 12-06-2012 06:39 AM

Items: $119.99
Shipping & Handling: $6.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total before tax: $126.98
Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Total: $126.98

dead

cruiserhitch 12-06-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlicksterNJ (Post 55743914)
Items: $119.99
Shipping & Handling: $6.99

Total before tax: $126.98
Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00

Order Total: $126.98

dead

Look at from other buyers *Amazon*

Cartier 12-06-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantcrazy (Post 55743822)
I'm a tool whore too - don't need this, don't have the room for this....

...and yet, must resist...the....urge......to........BUY!

Might have to turn the closet out on the balcony into a tiny workshop!

docxbrown 12-06-2012 06:59 AM

Damn it! If only I had the space for this... This is a great price for anyone that has the room. Nice find!

Cutting 12-06-2012 07:07 AM

deal still on but shipping 2-5 weeks.

Syrinx2112 12-06-2012 07:11 AM

This looks like a rebranded version of the Harbor Freight drill press I own:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-s...44836.html

GuitsBoy 12-06-2012 07:21 AM

Awesome. Thank you! Too good a deal to pass up, even if I have limited use for a drill press. Im sure Ill find ways to make use of it, and it certainly looks cool sitting on the work bench.

lozts 12-06-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotefreek (Post 55730738)

I hear ya but amazon offers free shipping anyway even without prime so they are loosing potential profit anyway. That's their fault. If you are paying for prime or use the free 2 month prime (not sure this is still available) then that's amazon's fault for offering that service. Regardless, I highly doubt amazon is struggling to get by. ;)

Keyser_Soze_09 12-06-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

I'm sure people are flooding you with info, but as a somewhat new homeowner myself, I'll say you should hunt a deal for a 1/2" chuck lithium ion cordless drill and an impact driver (they come in a kit) - I got a Bosch set with 2 x 1.5Ah batteries last year for like $130 and I use them damn near every weekend around the house. After that, a mechanics toolset (on SD all the time, you can get a 250 piece Kobalt for <$100 on occasion, and they're just as good as Craftsman etc), maybe a garage toolchest to keep everything in, and an electric hammerdrill for the big stuff (drilling brick/stone/concrete). If you want to get more advanced and build things, look for a good circular saw and build yourself a worktable. The list goes on, but drill press is somewhat more specialized and not what I would call general purpose. Glad you got in while the interest rates are hot.

GuitsBoy 12-06-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze_09 (Post 55746108)
I'm sure people are flooding you with info, but as a somewhat new homeowner myself, I'll say you should hunt a deal for a 1/2" chuck lithium ion cordless drill and an impact driver (they come in a kit) - I got a Bosch set with 2 x 1.5Ah batteries last year for like $130 and I use them damn near every weekend around the house. After that, a mechanics toolset (on SD all the time, you can get a 250 piece Kobalt for <$100 on occasion, and they're just as good as Craftsman etc), maybe a garage toolchest to keep everything in, and an electric hammerdrill for the big stuff (drilling brick/stone/concrete). If you want to get more advanced and build things, look for a good circular saw and build yourself a worktable. The list goes on, but drill press is somewhat more specialized and not what I would call general purpose. Glad you got in while the interest rates are hot.

Good advice. I'm a new homeowner as well, and a well versed DIYer. My most commonly used tools are the full assortment of porter cable 18v tools (drills, jig and circ saw, sawzall, , impact driver, oscillating tool, etc) a corded circular saw and drill, my 10" miter saw, 10" table saw, compressor and nailers. A have a ton of other specialty goodies like a MIG welder and radial arm saw and an assortment of air tools and HVLP guns, but that rarely gets used. A drill press fits more into the rarely used category, but terribly useful in certain situations. I plan on doing some furniture building, so i figure it will come in handy.

zbuffered 12-06-2012 08:06 AM

Still works for me, $15 promotion applied on the "place your order" page. Make sure you buy it from Amazon and not another seller.

winjet1 12-06-2012 08:14 AM

Keep in mind what Cutter posted and I encountered. Shipping with Amazon will get you this in 2-5 weeks. Doubtful for Christmas if that was your goal.

SlicksterNJ 12-06-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiserhitch (Post 55743942)
Look at from other buyers *Amazon*

I was resisting but after your quote it came out to $89 I was sold!
I am going broke looking at slick deals everyday! lol

ekimak0930 12-06-2012 08:19 AM

Awesome Deal. Thank you. It states it will be shipped after Christmas but still picked one up. Can get it for my husband's birthday.

thepimento 12-06-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotefreek (Post 55738782)
In 2012 I have had 77 orders with Amazon to date so I can definitely say they are loosing money from me with Prime but I hear what your saying.

Nope - they're making money from you on Prime. While you probably made a wise choice on your Prime subscription, the fact that you had 77 orders with Amazon, means you didn't go elsewhere to purchase.. That's the real intent of Prime, to lock you in to being an Amazon shopper.

Slick Deal, but thanks to the other posters indicating that most homeowners will have limited use with this guy.

Draconius 12-06-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Haha...I know. We just closed on our house in August and since I have accumulated quite a bit because we are doing all the remodeling. 12" Miter saw, Reciprocating saw, 1/4 sheet sander, router and bit set, chain saw, air compressor (had to get the 2.6 SCFM and not the practical lower one...because you know...I MUST HAVE the bigger power hahaha), shit ton of hand tools, etc.

Saw this deal and went all....ooooo I need a drill press. Then said...I'll hit craigslist or just realize that I really don't need one. :o

Ray0gun 12-06-2012 09:17 AM

I bought this at Lowe's for $120 or something 3 years ago.

Ol' Joint Jigger or equivalent tubing holder will not fit this. It looks like it can but no dice for me.

As far as speed for holesaw, I was able to drill a 1" hole through 3/4 inch of aluminum but can't do any steel cuz it's not enough horsepower, even with a nice Morse holesaw.
Can't notch tubing on a 0.120" steel tube either. I never used the laser. If this had more juice and a little bit taller I would have kept it. I'd recommend something else if you work with steel a lot.

If you're drilling holes and go slow you can drill through 1" steel. I used a sharp bit and WD-40 as cutting fliud. A damn mess but whatever.

meatycheesyboy 12-06-2012 09:25 AM

Thanks OP, in for one.

woodsonk 12-06-2012 10:21 AM

I've been wanting and waiting for a drill press to show up.

Thanks! In 4 1. Love amazon prime.

chinaman_87 12-06-2012 10:41 AM

does this cut through tile? I want to stack tile on a copper pole and make a fountain.

Joatmon 12-06-2012 10:41 AM

I am not getting this deal. Did I just miss it? Shows $119.99, no discount when added to cart. No option for Prime, either.

chinaman_87 12-06-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joatmon (Post 55751808)
I am not getting this deal. Did I just miss it? Shows $119.99, no discount when added to cart. No option for Prime, either.

you have to look on the right for other buying options and choose the one sold by amazon

GuitsBoy 12-06-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaman_87 (Post 55751782)
does this cut through tile? I want to stack tile on a copper pole and make a fountain.

I'm sure it will assuming you use the correct drill bit. Probably carbide tipped or possibly diamond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joatmon (Post 55751808)

You need to see more buying options.

Joatmon 12-06-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaman_87 (Post 55751924)
you have to look on the right for other buying options and choose the one sold by amazon

I wasn't signed in. Then I saw it. Thanks.

igen 12-06-2012 11:20 AM

C'mon, OP, don't beg for rep, especially when all you did was add 2 already-posted/well-advertised deals and applied them to one of the dozen or so eligible items.

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago and got almost the same price after discounts, and I'm really disappointed with the purchase...not sure if mine is defective, or if it's really just that weak. Changing speeds is a PITA on this, and sadly my cordless drill has more torque. This drill press bogs down really bad with hole saws, even on its lowest setting. Wish I would have spent 2x-3x more on one with more power and an easier speed adjustment.

sleeping 12-06-2012 12:35 PM

My UPS guy is gonna want to kill me.

runnin17 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

IN for one. Used $5 off coupon and $48 worth of Discover rewards for a total of $35.90. Smoking deal.

Keyser_Soze_09 12-06-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy (Post 55746474)
Good advice. I'm a new homeowner as well, and a well versed DIYer. My most commonly used tools are the full assortment of porter cable 18v tools (drills, jig and circ saw, sawzall, , impact driver, oscillating tool, etc) a corded circular saw and drill, my 10" miter saw, 10" table saw, compressor and nailers. A have a ton of other specialty goodies like a MIG welder and radial arm saw and an assortment of air tools and HVLP guns, but that rarely gets used. A drill press fits more into the rarely used category, but terribly useful in certain situations. I plan on doing some furniture building, so i figure it will come in handy.

Jesus, that's the tool list of a NEW homeowner? Do you have a barn on your property? Tablesaw, nailers, and a welder are pretty hardcore. Trying to get into woodworking now but I'm finding the hardest part is keeping my 2-car garage functional. No shop :(. You must be a highly sought after neighbor.

GuitsBoy 12-06-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze_09 (Post 55759150)
Jesus, that's the tool list of a NEW homeowner? Do you have a barn on your property? Tablesaw, nailers, and a welder are pretty hardcore. Trying to get into woodworking now but I'm finding the hardest part is keeping my 2-car garage functional. No shop :(. You must be a highly sought after neighbor.

Nope, I'm smack in the middle of congested long island. We have a 2 car attached garage, but only one bay is functional, and the other is for my tools. Before marriage I was a steadfast motorhead, so I amassed a ton of tools - cheap tools, anyway. My father is a machinist, and I think I'm genetically predisposed to collecting tools.

Bmr4life 12-06-2012 01:48 PM

How does this compare to my current HF drill press [harborfreight.com]?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy (Post 55759350)
Nope, I'm smack in the middle of congested long island. We have a 2 car attached garage, but only one bay is functional, and the other is for my tools. Before marriage I was a steadfast motorhead, so I amassed a ton of tools - cheap tools, anyway. My father is a machinist, and I think I'm genetically predisposed to collecting tools.

Convince your wife to let you convert a bedroom into a hobby room.

GuitsBoy 12-06-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmr4life (Post 55759756)
Convince your wife to let you convert a bedroom into a hobby room.

I already have my "office" which is full of my computer, guitars and amps, electronics and other hobby stuff. Plus my home gym and brewing kit has nearly filled the basement. The wife has been very generous with giving me man space. All she cares about is CLOSET SPACE.

dj-3lusion 12-06-2012 02:00 PM

shipping and promo credits and taxes came out to be $90 still not a bad deal. :)

Bmr4life 12-06-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy (Post 55760078)
I already have my "office" which is full of my computer, guitars and amps, electronics and other hobby stuff. Plus my home gym and brewing kit has nearly filled the basement. The wife has been very generous with giving me man space. All she cares about is CLOSET SPACE.

Gotta love our women. :)

coyotefreek 12-06-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decolores9 (Post 55746270)
What reviews are you reading? They look pretty poor to me, wiht aobut 20% of the reviewers rating it 3 or below.

Glass half full kind of guy? Overall the rating is a 4.3 out of 5 and after reading the 3 star reviews, they aren't particularly negative, 2 of which haven't even used the drill yet. With any product there will always be naysayers, the fact that there are 42 people who love this press means more to me then the 8 people having issues expecting too much out of a $100 drill press or received something defective out of box and wont just call Amazon for a replacement.

dpeddicord 12-06-2012 02:36 PM

It's $119.00 when I click on it.

stupidpig 12-06-2012 02:38 PM

Always want a drill press. Thanks for OP.

PiratePenguin 12-06-2012 02:39 PM

If people say they have no use for it you could always use these for killing old hard drives by drilling through the platters and shattering them.

There problem solved if the wife asks why another tool.

lozts 12-06-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpeddicord (Post 55761660)
It's $119.00 when I click on it.

Please read OP carefully. Make sure you select the product sold by amazon (under more buying choices), sign-in, at check out it'll subtract $15 automatically.

NVM - looks dead to me now too.

truthancisco 12-06-2012 02:55 PM

Sold out ---DEAD

hoverdude 12-06-2012 03:05 PM

sadly yes, deal is dead...

dmunky 12-10-2012 09:40 PM

Mine just arrived today. Anyone know how far the chuck should go onto the tapered spindle? I'm not sure whether it should go all the way to the top like the instruction illustrations. In the Amazon photos, it seems like there's an inch of spindle visible.

Bmr4life 12-11-2012 11:11 AM

Mine is coming on the 14th.

Bmr4life 12-14-2012 05:55 PM

Put mine together. Not overly impressed. Definitely is nothing but a Harbor Freight Central Machinery drill. It would fall right in between their 8" and 10" drill presses. The HF 10" DP has 12 speeds and goes down to 250rpm while the Skil's minimum RPM is ~600. I own the 8" and only paid $40 for it, which was a very good deal. Is the Skil worth twice the price of my 8" HF DP? Not sure. The 10" HF would cost me $110 after tax and coupon. Didn't want to pay that much, but this Skill was only $25 less.