Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Blendtec® Professional Series Blender w/ WildSide & FourSide Container $399.99 @ costco.com (http://slickdeals.net/f/5678060-blendtec-professional-series-blender-w-wildside-fourside-container-399-99-costco-com)

unthoughtknown 12-10-2012 11:19 AM

Blendtec® Professional Series Blender w/ WildSide & FourSide Container $399.99 @ costco.com

Blendtec Professional Series Blender w/ WildSide & FourSide Container is $399.99 (after $100 off) at costco.com.

I'm in the market for a Blendtec, and noticed that the Professional version is the same price as the regular 'Total Blender' model through 12/19. This includes both containers. I don't know the difference between Professional and Total Blender, but I assume it's better since it's normally $100 more expensive?

http://www.costco.com/Blendtec%c2...38721.html

phazein 12-10-2012 11:30 AM

Might have to make this purchase.

stunt037 12-10-2012 11:32 AM

Blendtec Professional Series Blender with Wildside & Fourside Containers $399.99 @ Costco.com

Costco has their 24 Deals of Christmas going.

They currently have the Blendtec Professional for 399.99, which is much cheaper than the Blendtec site @ $649.99. I have the total blender which I love and use everyday, but this is a great deal on the more expensive/more features version. The blender comes with an 8 year warranty.

http://www.costco.com/.product.11738721.html

Valid December 10th, while supplies last.

dadab 12-10-2012 11:33 AM

Was 369.99 before 11/25.

Edit: NVM 369.99 was total blender

http://www.costco.com/Blendtec%C2...22388.html

So what is the difference between this one(professional) and total blender?

stunt037 12-10-2012 11:35 AM

I could be wrong, but believe the 369.99 was for the total blender, not the professional?

stunt037 12-10-2012 11:41 AM

just realized someone got their post up a few minutes before me. Please see earlier post here: http://slickdeals.net/f/5678060-Blendtec-Professional-Series-Blender-w-WildSide-FourSide-Container-399-99-costco-com

Bakman 12-10-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadab (Post 55893692)
Was 369.99 before 11/25.

Edit: NVM 369.99 was total blender

http://www.costco.com/Blendtec%C2...22388.html

So what is the difference between this one(professional) and total blender?

This one can be installed IN the counter or used ON the counter.

dadab 12-10-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakman (Post 55894022)
This one can be installed IN the counter or used ON the counter.

So for the added convenience of putting in counter you pay $30 extra. Well now that price on both total and professional is same it'd wise to get professional then.

Bakman 12-10-2012 11:52 AM

Blendtec jars

If you go to a Costco where Blendtec is having a roadshow, you can get the total blender with a Wildside jar for $300. You don't need the four side jar for $100 extra unless you plan on grinding a lot of grain. They don't cover fogging of the jars in the 8 year warranty because of pitting when grinding grains, so suggest you have a separate jar for that. In my opinion, the Twister jar is far more useful and faster for making nut butters, hummus, thick shakes, pesto, and smaller servings. The Twister jar usually sells for $119 but also comes with a $25 spatula (spoonula) or an upgraded version (spectacula?). However, you can order it from BBB using a 20% coupon when they have their free shipping events.

Bakman 12-10-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadab (Post 55894232)
So for the added convenience of putting in counter you pay $30 extra. Well now that price on both total and professional is same it'd wise to get professional then.

The $30 off deal expired a week or two ago so the prices for the two are the same now.

davidhood 12-10-2012 11:59 AM

I'm in for one.

SpEcTl2abLuE 12-10-2012 12:24 PM

Blendtec® Professional Series Blender w/ WildSide & FourSide Container $400 After -$100 Instant Off @ Costco.com

http://www.costco.com/.product.11738721.html

$500 -$100 = $400 + Shipping Included!

dadab 12-10-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakman (Post 55894442)
from BBB using a 20% coupon when they have their free shipping events.

When are they having FS events?

nocreditcardebt 12-10-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

If you go to a Costco where Blendtec is having a roadshow, you can get the total blender with a Wildside jar for $300. You don't need the four side jar for $100 extra unless you plan on grinding a lot of grain. They don't cover fogging of the jars in the 8 year warranty because of pitting when grinding grains, so suggest you have a separate jar for that. In my opinion, the Twister jar is far more useful and faster for making nut butters, hummus, thick shakes, pesto, and smaller servings. The Twister jar usually sells for $119 but also comes with a $25 spatula (spoonula) or an upgraded version (spectacula?). However, you can order it from BBB using a 20% coupon when they have their free shipping events.

It seems like good practice not to buy products sold via some dude on a PA system inside a warehouse. After breaking a $400 "Vitamix" I found a $20.00 Oyster at Sams Club that I am far more satisfied with. The margins on these nonsense devices is something only surpassed by Apple. Seriously check your logic here folks. Oh the two companies are (like Apple) actively protecting their 200% markup with patent lawsuits. I laugh everytime I use my $20.00 blender and it works better.

Bakman 12-10-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadab (Post 55895826)
When are they having FS events?

They had one a week or two ago. The total had to be over a $100 after the coupon, so I added a baking pan to the Twister jar order.

isobro 12-10-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocreditcardebt (Post 55896088)
It seems like good practice not to buy products sold via some dude on a PA system inside a warehouse. After breaking a $400 "Vitamix" I found a $20.00 Oyster at Sams Club that I am far more satisfied with. The margins on these nonsense devices is something only surpassed by Apple. Seriously check your logic here folks. Oh the two companies are (like Apple) actively protecting their 200% markup with patent lawsuits. I laugh everytime I use my $20.00 blender and it works better.

I'd like you to link to said blender, cause I think you are full of it. As someone that's taken apart multiple blenders, you are trolling or flat out wrong.

Bakman 12-10-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

If you blend only occasionally, then these blenders are not for you. But if you blend a lot, it beats having to replace a cheap blender every year or two.

Also, the cheap blenders do not seem to break down all the chunks of ice or be able to emulsify the fruit/vegetable seeds, skin, and other sources of fiber, or be able to make ultasmooth nut butters. I believe it's much healthier to include all that fiber in your juices to balance out the natural sugars that come from jucing and throwing away the pulp.

My mother has had her Vitamix for about 20 years and it's still going strong. It helps that these expensive blenders have 7+ year warranties, but I buy these things at Costco because of their virtually unlimited warranty for the peace of mind and convenience just in case something does go wrong.

akahai 12-10-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

At my local Costco, when they had the roadshow, the regular jar is on sale for $42. I got the total blender with 2 jars for around $360 after tax.

featherz 12-10-2012 01:22 PM

No comparison between a blendtec/vitamix and a $20 blender for hardcore users. I broke SO many $20 blenders before getting my blendtec, which finally died after 5 years. Since mine was out of warranty (didn't buy it at costco stupid me) we took it apart and it was just a little component that had broken. Haven't managed to find a replacement yet, but it had a good run. Just for variety, trying a vitamix this time around. :)

Bakman 12-10-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akahai (Post 55897812)
At my local Costco, when they had the roadshow, the regular jar is on sale for $42. I got the total blender with 2 jars for around $360 after tax.

That was a good deal! The guy at my Costco wasn't selling extra jars, but Blendtec was giving free Wildside jars to previous Blendtec owners at the time. I would probably buy the four side jar for $42 if I could just for the convenience, but I'm finding that the Twister jar is much more useful to me. I just wish Costco was selling it so I could in essence have a lifetime warranty.

Bakman 12-10-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by featherz (Post 55898312)
No comparison between a blendtec/vitamix and a $20 blender for hardcore users. I broke SO many $20 blenders before getting my blendtec, which finally died after 5 years. Since mine was out of warranty (didn't buy it at costco stupid me) we took it apart and it was just a little component that had broken. Haven't managed to find a replacement yet, but it had a good run. Just for variety, trying a vitamix this time around. :)

I was torn between a Blendtec and Vitamix, and both are excellent machines, but I didn't like the extra air/foam introduced into my blends by the four pronged blade, which was also sharper and harder to deal with when trying to scrape out every last bit of morsel with a spatula. Plus the Vitamix jar was also harder to scrape and too tall to fit under my counter. Finally, since I wasn't used to blending, I liked having the automated buttons so I wouldn't have to supervise my blends which can take a minute and a half or more when making soups. The buttons are also easy to clean with a wipe of a wet paper towel instead of using a toothpick to clean around the Vitamix dial.

Vitamix has a longer positive track record, a useful tamper, and variable dial for those that want precise control (Blendtec has +_ buttons), and the higher end model has 3 preset settings. The higher end models go for $650 at William Sonoma and $499 at Costco Vitamix Roadshows, but they had a lightning deal on it on Amazon yesterday for $450. The lower end models without the 3 preset settings go for about $379 at Costco. The Vitamix grain jars for even a finer blend go for about $90 at the Roadshows.

isobro 12-10-2012 06:46 PM

Can't go wrong with this deal. I personally like the dial on the vitamix. Allows me to control the blender.

BoomSchtick 12-10-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

I believe I got the $300 deal at Costco like you mentioned

HughMBeing 12-10-2012 06:55 PM

This blender kills. I love mine. :D

woodygg 12-10-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobro (Post 55896760)
I'd like you to link to said blender, cause I think you are full of it. As someone that's taken apart multiple blenders, you are trolling or flat out wrong.

think he's full of it?

we know he's full of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakman (Post 55897112)
If you blend only occasionally, then these blenders are not for you. But if you blend a lot, it beats having to replace a cheap blender every year or two.

Also, the cheap blenders do not seem to break down all the chunks of ice or be able to emulsify the fruit/vegetable seeds, skin, and other sources of fiber, or be able to make ultasmooth nut butters. I believe it's much healthier to include all that fiber in your juices to balance out the natural sugars that come from jucing and throwing away the pulp.

My mother has had her Vitamix for about 20 years and it's still going strong. It helps that these expensive blenders have 7+ year warranties, but I buy these things at Costco because of their virtually unlimited warranty for the peace of mind and convenience just in case something does go wrong.

i disagree... i blended occasionally.... but the problem is most blenders are horrible. i'd rather have this one and use it occasionally than a crappy one.

dadab 12-10-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakman (Post 55896564)
They had one a week or two ago. The total had to be over a $100 after the coupon, so I added a baking pan to the Twister jar order.

Total $100? You kidding? that is no FS event. No minimum,FS is a deal. :)

woodygg 12-10-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakman (Post 55901394)
I was torn between a Blendtec and Vitamix, and both are excellent machines, but I didn't like the extra air/foam introduced into my blends by the four pronged blade, which was also sharper and harder to deal with when trying to scrape out every last bit of morsel with a spatula. Plus the Vitamix jar was also harder to scrape and too tall to fit under my counter. Finally, since I wasn't used to blending, I liked having the automated buttons so I wouldn't have to supervise my blends which can take a minute and a half or more when making soups. The buttons are also easy to clean with a wipe of a wet paper towel instead of using a toothpick to clean around the Vitamix dial.

Vitamix has a longer positive track record, a useful tamper, and variable dial for those that want precise control (Blendtec has +_ buttons), and the higher end model has 3 preset settings. The higher end models go for $650 at William Sonoma and $499 at Costco Vitamix Roadshows, but they had a lightning deal on it on Amazon yesterday for $450. The lower end models without the 3 preset settings go for about $379 at Costco. The Vitamix grain jars for even a finer blend go for about $90 at the Roadshows.

could you elaborate on the air/foam difference??

LDP 12-10-2012 07:26 PM

In November when costco was selling the Blendtec Total version for $369.99+TAX.

this version seems newer & on the official website has this for $200 more than total blender version. Looks good deal. I dont see any technical difference other than the look.

Bakman 12-10-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadab (Post 55910204)
Total $100? You kidding? that is no FS event. No minimum,FS is a deal. :)

The Twister jar already came to $95 so I just needed to add $5 more. I could have returned the bread pan, but I needed it anyway and it was under 10 bucks.

Bakman 12-10-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodygg (Post 55910302)
could you elaborate on the air/foam difference??

I tried making the Broccoli cheese soup in the Vitamix recipe book and was very disappointed in the taste and mousse-like texture. I asked the Vitamix rep at Costco about it and he said that if a blend has a lot of fiber, it tends to do that, but that you can reduce it by adding some oil or just pouring it out then putting it back into the jar with a couple of pulses.

Another thing that I like about the Blendtec is that it has a timer so you know how many seconds are left in the blend or if doing it manually, how many seconds you've been blending. But if you bury this current model into your countertop I think you'll obscure the display unless you put it under glass or the front is unobstructed. If it's the same price, go for the higher model for resale value. But if you don't need to put it in your counter and can get the other one for much less, I'd say go for that one.

WhosUrBuddiee 12-10-2012 07:41 PM

How do you cut a hole in a damn granite countertop.

Bakman 12-10-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 55910936)

They recommend that it be professionally installed.

kris259 12-10-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

if all you do is make a fruit smoothie or protein shake... then sure stick with the cheap ones... but if you want to do 1000x more stuff... you can get your moneys worth easily with the blendtec...

I told my GF if we break up... Im taking the blendtec with me... no matter what....thats how much use I get out of it......:lol:

Uintamaster 12-10-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by featherz (Post 55898312)

Good choice, the blendtec is a good blender,, cool lights and buttons, does what it is supposed to do. However the vitamix has proven longevity, and everything about the machine and "carafe" speak of heavier duty, build and performance. It was vitamix's previously unmatched 7 year warranty that forced blendtec to match the seven years and do away with the conditional "cycle" counter qualifier with blendtecs previous limited 3 year warranty.

I have both, and travel with blentec because it is at least half the weight of the vitamix, which speaks to my above comment. Blendtec gets it done when traveling, but the beloved vitamix gets the love at home.

HempCures 12-10-2012 09:24 PM

Any cashback opportunities via any means for this?
Thanks

lambo47 12-10-2012 09:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec

^ the blender in action

Mengels7 12-10-2012 09:59 PM

Somewhat unrelated, and I'm totally jealous of this deal because if I had the cash and didn't have an ICB3 refurb I'd totally jump on this.

I am wondering about how often these need to be maintenanced though. The ICB3 is a commercial unit and gives guidelines for how often to lube the motor, but I'm not a restaurant using this thing 100 times a day. And I haven't lubed it yet.

Nate650 12-10-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 55910936)

Perhaps a hole saw attached to a very powerful drill.

Nate650 12-10-2012 10:08 PM

I'm surprised a blender of this quality and price has plastic jars. I guess it's a safety thing.

todd612 12-11-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HempCures (Post 55913970)
Any cashback opportunities via any means for this?
Thanks

I'm buying it now with my Discover card with 5% cashback this month.

neo_ny 12-11-2012 03:07 PM

Can someone please post a link to this particular model on amazon? I would like to read some reviews as there are none available on costco.com and there are so many different models on amazon, thanks!!

woodygg 12-11-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakman (Post 55910734)
I tried making the Broccoli cheese soup in the Vitamix recipe book and was very disappointed in the taste and mousse-like texture. I asked the Vitamix rep at Costco about it and he said that if a blend has a lot of fiber, it tends to do that, but that you can reduce it by adding some oil or just pouring it out then putting it back into the jar with a couple of pulses.

Another thing that I like about the Blendtec is that it has a timer so you know how many seconds are left in the blend or if doing it manually, how many seconds you've been blending. But if you bury this current model into your countertop I think you'll obscure the display unless you put it under glass or the front is unobstructed. If it's the same price, go for the higher model for resale value. But if you don't need to put it in your counter and can get the other one for much less, I'd say go for that one.

Did you end up making the same soup with the Blendtec? How did it turn out?

neo_ny 12-12-2012 12:25 PM

Is this a good deal? I haven't tracked prices on this so any help is appreciated! Also, is the professional series sold by costco same as the designer series that is listed elsewhere? Thanks!

kris259 12-12-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate650 (Post 55915414)
I'm surprised a blender of this quality and price has plastic jars. I guess it's a safety thing.

its special "unbreakable" plastic that is supposed to last "forever"... you can stand on them, throw them etc...blendtec does a lot of commercial set ups that blend thousands of shakes and smoothies every day...so you need something that will last, take a beating and not need to be replaced all the time.....

so its by design that they are not plain ol' glass...

Nate650 12-12-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 55979840)
its special "unbreakable" plastic that is supposed to last "forever"... you can stand on them, throw them etc...blendtec does a lot of commercial set ups that blend thousands of shakes and smoothies every day...so you need something that will last, take a beating and not need to be replaced all the time.....

so its by design that they are not plain ol' glass...

Thanks, was mainly a health concern.

Athena_Jinn 12-12-2012 04:54 PM

I have 3-yr old twin boys with a swallowing disorder so they are fed through a g-tube in their stomachs. Sorry for the TMI, but we were tired of them puking back the crappy formulas being prescribed to them. Enter the blenderized diet and Blendtec! We blend 2 full jars of whole food (including hard stuff like flaxseed and lots of leafy greens) daily just for them and its smooth enough to push through a tiny tube. I love that the blade isn't sharp and I can throw in their daily requirements, push a button and walk away. No tampers, no babysitting, and it fits under my cabinets on the counter. When I started I had a glass jar oster that I used to blend the heck out of stuff, and then need to strain (sometimes twice) to make sure it wouldn't plug up their g-tube.

I know this won't be so extreme for most of you, but our Blendtec is literally a lifesaver! Since we started feeding them "real" food, we haven't had it come back at us--something I think about now when I look at processed foods. The boys got an early Christmas present of the WildSide jar, and it does a better job moving larger blends around. So grateful to the Blendtec company as well--very kind and generous. :)

jean05jean 12-14-2012 11:25 PM

I thought Costco only accept AMEX?

I got mine delivered today. I bought this to replace the blendtec total blender which I just got last month which I haven't use it yet.
Upon open the package, I noticed that the LCD display is tilted (not horizontal). It makes me feel that the assemble quality isnt very good. The base is a little bit taller and bigger(like a cube) than the total blender, doesnt look as sleek. But the stainless steel top looks very nice. However if just for countertop use, the buttons are not in good sight. The six function buttons are exactly same as the total blender, so I can't tell which blender if better function-wise.
I am thinking if I should exchange or just return it and keep the total blender.

QUOTE=todd612;55939694]I'm buying it now with my Discover card with 5% cashback this month.[/QUOTE]

croushore 12-14-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athena_Jinn (Post 55988782)

I know this won't be so extreme for most of you, but our Blendtec is literally a lifesaver!

Also a lifesaver for my mom suffering from gallbladder and kidney problems. We were able to get her back to health with smoothies and supplements. The Blendtec is better than every other blender I tried. My biggest gripe is the plastic scratches too easily, and can even stain with ingredients like lecithin. Otherwise it's the bomb, especially the wildside has the least food oxidizing effects of any other blender.