Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wirelogic HDMI Dual Cable Blu-Ray, 3D Full HD and HDMI High Speed with Ethernet Instant Coupon @ Costco B&M: 6ft pair $17 or 12ft pair $20 AC (http://slickdeals.net/f/5692434-wirelogic-hdmi-dual-cable-blu-ray-3d-full-hd-and-hdmi-high-speed-with-ethernet-instant-coupon-costco-b-m-6ft-pair-17-or-12ft-pair-20-ac)

WannabeTechie2 12-12-2012 06:56 PM

Wirelogic HDMI Dual Cable Blu-Ray, 3D Full HD and HDMI High Speed with Ethernet Instant Coupon @ Costco B&M: 6ft pair $17 or 12ft pair $20 AC

I was at Costco today and they had Wirelogic HDMI Dual Cable Blu-Ray, 3D Full HD and HDMI High Speed with Ethernet pair of calbles with instant coupon @ Costco B&M. Started 12/10/2012 may end 12/16/2012:
- 6ft pair (ie. 2 cables) $17 after $8 instant coupon Item 673042
- 12ft pair (ie. 2 cables) $20 after $10 instant coupon Item 673082

wikipost 12-12-2012 06:56 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

dumbest thread ever. just move on.

as if the thread title didn't give it away.

slugbom 12-12-2012 07:05 PM

I just ordered 6ft of 1.4 for $2.50 shipped off Amazon. How is this a good deal?

WannabeTechie2 12-12-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 55993136)
I just ordered 6ft of 1.4 for $2.50 shipped off Amazon. How is this a good deal?

I had some $1 HDMI cables that worked well for a 37" 720p TV but not so well for a new 52" 1080p TV. I ordered some $6 6ft BlueRigger High speed HDMI cables the quality was a little better that the $1 cables but the Wirelogic cables from Costco work like a champ and may the 52" 1080p picture nice and natural. For a smaller screen size a lower resolution like 720p you may not notice much of a difference like I did on my 37" 720p.

slugbom 12-12-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeTechie2 (Post 55993498)
I had some $1 HDMI cables that worked well for a 37" 720p TV but not so well for a new 52" 1080p TV. I ordered some $6 6ft BlueRigger High speed HDMI cables the quality was a little better that the $1 cables but the Wirelogic cables from Costco work like a champ and may the 52" 1080p picture nice and natural. For a smaller screen size a lower resolution like 720p you may not notice much of a difference like I did on my 37" 720p.

It's digital. Either it transmits the code or it doesn't. I can't imagine it being an issue with such a short cable.

I also don't get all this hype about monster cable and gold plating and blah blah blah. My new TV supposedly came with some kind of cable clamp but I didn't see it in the box and don't need it.

I just started using a $1.50 12' TOSLINK cable that seems very cheap, but again it transmits the light so it works. At least with optical I can comprehend how the signal will degrade over certain lengths, but I can't possibly imagine how 6 ft of HDMI with ethernet etc is going to fail.

And how would TV size be a factor? It's the same image. Resolution ok, but size.. no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeTechie2 (Post 55993498)
Wirelogic cables from Costco work like a champ and may the 52" 1080p picture nice and natural. For a smaller screen size a lower resolution like 720p you may not notice much of a difference like I did on my 37" 720p.

I Just read this again and it's total BS bro. TOTAL BS! Nice and natural? Give me a break. You got a new TV. The cables have zero to do with this.

You are the type of person who pays more for "Zero Oxygen" and ferrite right?

WannabeTechie2 12-12-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 55993678)
It's digital. Either it transmits the code or it doesn't. I can't imagine it being an issue with such a short cable.

I also don't get all this hype about monster cable and gold plating and blah blah blah. My new TV supposedly came with some kind of cable clamp but I didn't see it in the box and don't need it.

I just started using a $1.50 12' TOSLINK cable that seems very cheap, but again it transmits the light so it works. At least with optical I can comprehend how the signal will degrade over certain lengths, but I can't possibly imagine how 6 ft of HDMI with ethernet etc is going to fail.

And how would TV size be a factor? It's the same image. Resolution ok, but size.. no.

I am far from a cable snob. I am more about function and value so I would have been happy to have the $1 6ft. HDMI Meritime cables work with my new 52" 1080p TV. If I had not tried the Wirelogic cables the TV would have been going back Bestbuy.

Livin 12-13-2012 10:30 AM

super cheap cables, the $1 range type, work fine for short distances. but since the wire is high gauge (thin) it can cause problems at distances larger than 6 or so feet... depending on several factors, like rf interfaces and initial signal strength from the source.
so yes, cheap cables can work fine... and on the opposite side, very expensive cables provide zero benefit in most cases.

rule of thumb... the longer the distance the thicker, smaller gauge, you need.
iI have a 40' cable romantic monoprice and it has worked flawlessly for 7 years.

The tvo size does not matter at all.

Unforgiven 12-13-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livin (Post 56015252)
romantic monoprice

Did you get flowers with your cables?

WannabeTechie2 12-13-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

I Just read this again and it's total BS bro. TOTAL BS! Nice and natural? Give me a break. You got a new TV. The cables have zero to do with this.

You are the type of person who pays more for "Zero Oxygen" and ferrite right?

Slugo I had not intention to get your shorts in a bunch over $6. I simply purchased these cables at Costco the week prior to them putting a $8 & $10 coupon on them. I had the purchase prices adjusted and though I would share with people who at least be interested in a price adjustment. I would have been happy to stick with the $1 cables that I had been using for about 2 years now but the $6 more cables have a better picture.

hightop32 12-13-2012 09:31 PM

i dont understand how people dont/cant appreciate quality cables (yes i realize this is slickdeals...)

YES you can get $1 cables all day long
BUT the quality of those cables is generally CRAP. why do you think its $1?

there are many examples of things that are cheap crap and 'still work just fine' for alot of people, that others invest more for higher overall quality/fit/finish/feature.

if this deal isnt for you and you are happy with your $1 cables. keep them and move on!

hightop32 12-13-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

then you have NO idea how electrical signals traveling down a wire work at all. :rolleyes:

its not a difficult concept to understand. google is your friend. understand why variation in wire gauge in any wired application matters, then you will produce more intelligent commentary re: quality HDMI cables. and no its not just about oxygen free and ferrite cores (although hopefully those cheapie $1 cables of your DO have them, as they DO have a purpose).

$10 each for a 12ft cable LOCALLY is a good deal if these cables are as good or better than monoprice cables.

just check monoprice for yourselves!

slugbom 12-14-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56037794)
then you have NO idea how electrical signals traveling down a wire work at all. :rolleyes:

its not a difficult concept to understand. google is your friend.

LOL, TOSLINK doesn't even have an electrical wire. It's a fiber that uses beams of red light.

This has to be a troll. You seem to have no point of reference here.

But hey, if you want to pay 5 times as much for a cable because it makes you feel good, be my guest. Whatever makes you happy.

hightop32 12-14-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56070086)
LOL, TOSLINK doesn't even have an electrical wire. It's a fiber that uses beams of red light.

This has to be a troll. You seem to have no point of reference here.

But hey, if you want to pay 5 times as much for a cable because it makes you feel good, be my guest. Whatever makes you happy.

no shit toslink doesnt have a wire. im talking about the cable posted in this thread. the part where you said:

"At least with optical I can comprehend how the signal will degrade over certain lengths, but I can't possibly imagine how 6 ft of HDMI with ethernet etc is going to fail."

:rolleyes:

5 times the price? who is trolling?

again, find a 12 foot hdmi w/ ethernet/3d cable on monoprice for less than $10 each shipped. go ahead... ill be waiting.

educate yourself instead of just spouting sophmoric rhetoric. (if you DO read it, note there are multiple pages to the article)

hell, you might learn something, as shocking to you as it may be, since you seem to think you have a good grasp on the topic.

http://www.audioholics.com/educat...ench-tests

uberw00tness 12-14-2012 05:40 PM

this thread [imgur.com]

slugbom 12-14-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56070352)
no shit toslink doesnt have a wire. im talking about the cable posted in this thread. the part where you said:

"At least with optical I can comprehend how the signal will degrade over certain lengths, but I can't possibly imagine how 6 ft of HDMI with ethernet etc is going to fail."

:rolleyes:

5 times the price? who is trolling?

again, find a 12 foot hdmi w/ ethernet/3d cable on monoprice for less than $10 each shipped. go ahead... ill be waiting.

Bro I paid $3 for my cable and this one is $17. That is more than 5 times. And you said I should google right? Ok, here you go:

A picture transmitted using a cheap cable will be identical to the picture transmitted on an expensive cable. The reason for this is that HDMI transfers a digital signal. As such, the signals do not degrade, color won't change, clarity will not be affected. In the digital world of 1s and 0s, the signal either passes or it doesn't pass. For most HTPC owners, the type of the cable simply does not matter and you're better off spending your money elsewhere. For a technical explanation about why premium HDMI cables are a total waste of money, head on to our sources at PC Magazine or check out Popular Mechanics whose experienced editors tested and found absolutely no difference between a $13 cable and a $300 one. Beware of quick Google searches that will turn up websites that'll claim otherwise; these websites are usually affiliated with stores that sell their own expensive HDMI cables and therefore have a vested interest to tell you that their cables will produce "Sharp Pictures", "Deep Colors" or "Smooth Video". [htpcsolutions.com]

In short, you got suckered. 1 0 1 0 1 0 <- Digital code. EIther transmitted or not.

Pwned. Now please, admit defeat and move on.

hightop32 12-14-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56070586)
Bro I paid $3 for my cable and this one is $17. That is more than 5 times. And you said I should google right? Ok, here you go:

A picture transmitted using a cheap cable will be identical to the picture transmitted on an expensive cable. The reason for this is that HDMI transfers a digital signal. As such, the signals do not degrade, color won't change, clarity will not be affected. In the digital world of 1s and 0s, the signal either passes or it doesn't pass. For most HTPC owners, the type of the cable simply does not matter and you're better off spending your money elsewhere. For a technical explanation about why premium HDMI cables are a total waste of money, head on to our sources at PC Magazine or check out Popular Mechanics whose experienced editors tested and found absolutely no difference between a $13 cable and a $300 one. Beware of quick Google searches that will turn up websites that'll claim otherwise; these websites are usually affiliated with stores that sell their own expensive HDMI cables and therefore have a vested interest to tell you that their cables will produce "Sharp Pictures", "Deep Colors" or "Smooth Video". [htpcsolutions.com]

In short, you got suckered. 1 0 1 0 1 0 <- Digital code. EIther transmitted or not.

Pwned. Now please, admit defeat and move on.

OK so you didnt goto monoprice and check on 12 foot cables and you didnt READ the link.

Hell you didnt even read the deal. Its TWO CABLES for $17 in the case of 6ft or TWO 12ft cables for $20.

You cant understand basic arithmetic, or reading comprehension I guess I cant expect you to understand much else.

pwned? :rolleyes:

slugbom 12-14-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56070936)
OK so you didnt goto monoprice and check on 12 foot cables and you didnt READ the link.

cool. :rolleyes:

Ok so you didn't provide a reputable citation AND mine clearly cites PC Magazine and Popular Mechanics as backing my point 100%.

Instead you want to use websites that make money from advertising and selling expensive cables? I am sure they have only our best interest in mind.

You are a Best Buy employee's dream.

hightop32 12-14-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56071158)
Ok so you didn't provide a reputable citation AND mine clearly cites PC Magazine and Popular Mechanics as backing my point 100%.

Instead you want to use websites that make money from advertising and selling expensive cables? I am sure they have only our best interest in mind.

You are a Best Buy employee's dream.

wow you are dumb. if you actually READ THE farkING ARTICLE you might actually have some ammo to backup your statements because they DO infact concede that at 6ft lengths it doesnt matter for most applications, but at 3m+ it DOES MATTER.

infact, audioholics DOES NOT SELL CABLES. man you are a piece of work.

keep on thinking you know everything, you will make it VERY far in life with that attitude.

one last time and back to the deal:

Two 12ft ethernet/3d capable cables for $20 (and sourced locally) is a damn good price, even for cables on 'just' on par with monoprice.

prove that wrong im still waiting for a link.

BTW i own all types of cables (more than you can imagine, im sure). Cheap, "Expensive" (more than $1/foot), Long, short, thick, thin, redmere, powered extenders used in all sorts of applications and in conjuction with many differnet types of models of switching devices, wireless broadcasting devices, hdmi -> cat6 baluns, splitters, AVRs, and displays.

im glad your little $3 cables works for your sole application but im here to tell you, your basic knowledge and experience in this matter obviously isnt helping your cause. this is not to say that cheap cables dont work. for short runs, they usually do. hell im using some of those same $1-3 cables in some applications right now and i have no complaints, BUT, there are differences in quality of the product you get.

slugbom 12-14-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56071256)
wow you are dumb. if you actually READ THE farkING ARTICLE you might actually have some ammo to backup your statements because they DO infact concede that at 6ft lengths it doesnt matter for most applications, but at 3m+ it DOES MATTER.

infact, audioholics DOES NOT SELL CABLES. man you are a piece of work.

keep on thinking you know everything, you will make it VERY far in life with that attitude.

one last time and back to the deal:

Two 12ft ethernet/3d capable cables for $20 (and sourced locally) is a damn good price, even for cables on 'just' on par with monoprice.

Umad? :P

Keep back tracking and digging yourself further into a hole and the whole time telling me I don't know anything. Well how about these guys, do they know anything seeing as how they tested all the brands?

None of our editors could tell the difference. The fact is, HDMI is digital, meaning you either get the feed or you don't. High prices and gimmicks like gold-plating don't affect 1s and 0s. Our advice: Purchase your wiring online for cheap, and use the saved money to upgrade to a larger flat screen. [popularmechanics.com]

Slaying the Cable Monster: Why HDMI Brands Don't Matter | PCMag [pcmag.com]

Anyone telling you the better cables matter is LYING! I don't need you to show me proof of people lying about this. You are totally wrong and were LIED to.

hightop32 12-14-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56071478)
Umad? :P

Keep back tracking and digging yourself further into a hole and the whole time telling me I don't know anything. Well how about these guys, do they know anything seeing as how they tested all the brands?

None of our editors could tell the difference. The fact is, HDMI is digital, meaning you either get the feed or you don't. High prices and gimmicks like gold-plating don't affect 1s and 0s. Our advice: Purchase your wiring online for cheap, and use the saved money to upgrade to a larger flat screen. [popularmechanics.com]

Slaying the Cable Monster: Why HDMI Brands Don't Matter | PCMag [pcmag.com]

Anyone telling you the better cables matter is LYING! I don't need you to show me proof of people lying about this. You are totally wrong and were LIED to.

read your articles, ignore my own personal experiences. im not promoting $1,000 cables. even the goddamn cable in your stupid article IS MORE EXPENSIVE than this deal. im done arguing with you, you arent even reading what ive said.

hell you didnt even read what the second article said:
"For consistency, we used only 6-foot or 2-meter (6.6-foot) cables to ensure that cable length didn't affect the results of the tests."

oh yah, and you still never linked a decent quality 12FT HDMI cable with ethernet and 3d support for $10 shipped. oh well.

slugbom 12-14-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56071696)
read your articles, ignore my own personal experiences. im not promoting $1,000 cables. even the goddamn cable in your stupid article IS MORE EXPENSIVE than this deal. im done arguing with you, you arent even reading what ive said.

The cables have gone down in price since the article was written. The technology is old.

Did you even read what you wrote? I did:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56037730)
i dont understand how people dont/cant appreciate quality cables (yes i realize this is slickdeals...)

YES you can get $1 cables all day long
BUT the quality of those cables is generally CRAP. why do you think its $1?

there are many examples of things that are cheap crap and 'still work just fine' for alot of people, that others invest more for higher overall quality/fit/finish/feature.

Which is 100% wrong. I've proved it to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56071696)
oh yah, and you still never linked a decent quality 12FT HDMI cable with ethernet and 3d support for $10 shipped. oh well.

Here you go, $8.99 + FS. [amazon.com] Anything else I can prove you wrong on?

hightop32 12-14-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56071802)
Here you go, $8.99 + FS. [amazon.com] Anything else I can prove you wrong on?

actually that isnt shipped free, youd need to buy 3. AND conveniently no reviews. check the cables in this price range WITH reviews and you will find examples of customers who had issues with the cheapies. again you can ignore this data, and keep trying to 'prove' something. its not as cut and dry as you may think.

now you are arguing over $1, earlier you didnt even realize it was for 2 cables. hardly appropriate for you to threadcrap for others looking for cables. :wave:

again, folks who need them, this is a good price on the 12 footers. trust from someone with real experience. you wont find this cheaper than $10/each. and oh yea. costco's return policy++

jcsf 12-14-2012 06:33 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Aurum-Ultra...B004616OIQ

25ft, 63 reviews avg 4*

$10.99 free shipping w Prime

I am among the 5* reviews. Own two of these.

hightop32 12-14-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcsf (Post 56071914)
http://www.amazon.com/Aurum-Ultra...B004616OIQ

25ft, 63 reviews avg 4*

$10.99 free shipping w Prime

I am among the 5* reviews. Own two of these.

now THIS is a deal! would rep if i could.

oh hey it even has technologies that slugbom was bashing earlier! :lol:

24k Gold Plated Connectors with braided thick 30AWG cable core to further enhance picture quality
99.9% Oxygen Free Cable for Minimum Signal Degradation, ROHS Compliant

glad you had a good experience, but still, quite a few (~20) data points with unsatisfied customers who either had defective cables, or are lying. that's near 1/3!

slugboy, care to explain the following: http://www.amazon.com/Aurum-Ultra...ewpoints=0

they must be 'noobs' or lying too.

the old adage strikes again, you get what you pay for. :)

i will definitely be trying this cable out. if i get one that works, itll be worth the $11.
if not, just another data point to add to my own personal experiences. i can live with that.

slugbom 12-14-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56071996)
now THIS is a deal! would rep if i could.

oh hey it even has technologies that slugbom was bashing earlier! :lol:

yeah, I was bashing them.. sure :rolleyes: all while I posted the SAME EXACT CABLE BRAND above (only in 12ft flavor) and you said how it wasn't a good deal because of no reviews and the shipping... which is the same. And now this is a deal? LOL.

Quote:

24k Gold Plated Connectors with braided thick 30AWG cable core to further enhance picture quality
99.9% Oxygen Free Cable for Minimum Signal Degradation, ROHS Compliant

Facepalm.

You realize all the cables are "Oxygen Free" right? The ones I got for $2.95 shipped are gold plated as well.

Further enhanced picture? Everything you posted is bull. None of these things are real features. You must be trolling or a complete noob.

hightop32 12-14-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56072182)
yeah, I was bashing them.. sure :rolleyes: all while I posted the SAME EXACT CABLE BRAND above (only in 12ft flavor) and you said how it wasn't a good deal because of no reviews and the shipping... which is the same. And now this is a deal? LOL..

erm, its twice as long and $2 more. that makes it a better deal.

ive linked reviews for you to read. which again i mentioned is a common pattern among the cheap cables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56072182)
You realize all the cables are "Oxygen Free" right? The ones I got for $2.95 shipped are gold plated as well.

not all cables are oxygen free., however i would agree its mostly marketing BS, but does lend itself to the producer putting in extra effort for a higher quality product.

my point stands. not all cables are created equal (or go through the same QC, apparently)

example, here is a reputable cable manufacturer, with nowhere near 30% failure rate:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge...B001A5PDKQ

notice its more like 1-2% yet STILL QC issues at the connector.

slugbom 12-14-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

slugboy, care to explain

i will definitely be trying this cable out. if i get one that works, itll be worth the $11.
if not, just another data point to add to my own personal experiences. i can live with that.

Care to explain why you're buying the same exact brand cables from the same Amazon vendor with the same shipping as the one I posted that "weren't a good deal" and these are?

is this a joke? LOL

hightop32 12-14-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56072312)
Care to explain why you're buying the same exact brand cables from the same Amazon vendor with the same shipping as the one I posted that "weren't a good deal" and these are?

is this a joke? LOL

i did. re-read the post please. now im not so sure, looking at the failure rate. i think ill stick to mediabridge and bluerigger for budget cables.

again, i own more cables than you can imagine. im always open to actually testing new brands to see how they fare because i use them alot and want real experience to backup my knowledge.

WannabeTechie2 12-14-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbom (Post 56072312)

is this a joke? LOL

Again Slugo I do apologize for getting you worked up over HDMI cables ... You wasted a lot of your time posting and thread crapping about cables. You must have a lot of spare time on your hands ... Just take some deep breaths and slowly exhale ... Keel telling yourself they are just cables.

inherendo 12-14-2012 08:36 PM

Can you guys stop the bickering. Its obvious neither one is going to "win" the argument.

slugbom 12-15-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeTechie2 (Post 56074512)
Again Slugo I do apologize for getting you worked up over HDMI cables ... You wasted a lot of your time posting and thread crapping about cables. You must have a lot of spare time on your hands ... Just take some deep breaths and slowly exhale ... Keel telling yourself they are just cables.

Why would I be upset? I paid $3 for my cables lol

And thank you for noticing that it was a slow day at work. Might you suggest a better way to pass the time while getting paid to sit around?

snitzle_iii 12-15-2012 01:49 AM

monoprice is your friend

jaksmith 12-15-2012 01:54 AM

If you think this a deal, you are a fool. You should probably start working at Best Buy selling gold-plated Monster cables.

slugbom 12-18-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaksmith (Post 56080384)
If you think this a deal, you are a fool. You should probably start working at Best Buy selling gold-plated Monster cables.

Don't forget the bass blockers brah!