Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kirkland St. Croix Island Spiced Rum 1.75L $18.99 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5737802-kirkland-st-croix-island-spiced-rum-1-75l-18-99)

KBuck1984 12-23-2012 06:58 PM

Kirkland St. Croix Island Spiced Rum 1.75L $18.99
 
1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up at my local Costco (Honolulu, HI) today. It's a Kirkland Signature, Original Spiced Rum. 46% ALV/VOL, 1.75L only $18.99.

diveborg 12-23-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBuck1984 (Post 56343072)
Picked this up at my local Costco today.

And your local Costco is?

I know it isn't in Oregon, but if you could just mention your state, that would help.

RHCCapri 12-23-2012 07:03 PM

Nice 92 proof! What city/state did you see that in?

575rider 12-23-2012 07:05 PM

I'm putting money on Utah.

KBuck1984 12-23-2012 07:06 PM

Hawaii, sorry forgot to mention that part.

pinsomniac 12-23-2012 07:10 PM

Fantastic. One step closer to being able to fully stock a bar with Kirkland bottlings.

Speaking of: 92 proof St. Croix rum? Any other details on the back? Gut says Sailor Jerry...

KBuck1984 12-23-2012 07:15 PM

Imported & Bottled by Fairmont LTD., Mira Loma, CA 91752

Snowclimb 12-23-2012 07:41 PM

Item number? I don't recall seeing it before in socal

Lukeed 12-23-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowclimb (Post 56343856)
Item number? I don't recall seeing it before in socal

Just saw it in Santee

vamos 12-23-2012 07:59 PM

How is it?. Seems a little overdone if it was 5X distilled.

Sounds like a rhum agricole from the "first pressing of sugar cane part" rather than your more regular rum from molasses.

FBomb 12-23-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinsomniac (Post 56343298)
Fantastic. One step closer to being able to fully stock a bar with Kirkland bottlings.

Speaking of: 92 proof St. Croix rum? Any other details on the back? Gut says Sailor Jerry...

Sailor Jerry would be a bad thing(honest question)? I kind of liked that one, but the Costcos in Chicago have stopped carrying it.

pinsomniac 12-23-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBomb (Post 56344180)
Sailor Jerry would be a bad thing(honest question)? I kind of liked that one, but the Costcos in Chicago have stopped carrying it.

To the contrary, I rather enjoy Sailor Jerry. Relative to other Kirkland bottlings, though, I'm not sure it'd be as great of a value—a handle of Jerry regularly goes for ~$24 (versus their vodka et al).

FBomb 12-23-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinsomniac (Post 56344264)
To the contrary, I rather enjoy Sailor Jerry. Relative to other Kirkland bottlings, though, I'm not sure it'd be as great of a value—a handle of Jerry regularly goes for ~$24 (versus their vodka et al).

Okay, cool. I enjoy it as well. Goes for $18.99 around here, at least before Costco stopped carrying it.

I saw it in my local grocery store that they had it on clearance for $9.49!!! I bought the remaining three bottles, this was about a two months ago soon after which I noticed Costco's dwindling supply with no restock. Still have have at least 2 1/2 bottles left.

trza 12-23-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBomb (Post 56344180)
Sailor Jerry would be a bad thing(honest question)? I kind of liked that one, but the Costcos in Chicago have stopped carrying it.

Sailor Jerry isn't bad. Very similar to Cap'n Morgan. I used to buy it frequently, until the local liquor store started charging more than Cap'n for it.

wolvyne 12-23-2012 09:25 PM

Found it in California. It's tasty!

JumpmanP1 12-23-2012 09:31 PM

bunch of drunks

boat 12-23-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBuck1984 (Post 56343072)
Picked this up at my local Costco (Honolulu, HI) today. It's a Kirkland Signature, Original Spiced Rum. 46% ALV/VOL, 1.75L only $18.99.

People live in Hawaii? Wish I had a Costco nearby.

ebnub 12-23-2012 09:54 PM

$14.99 at my local Minnesota Costco

needgeech 12-23-2012 10:45 PM

Three posts in 3 years, and the third is this???

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpmanP1 (Post 56345592)
bunch of drunks

The only post I saw regarding usage mentioned 1/2 a bottle in two months. Hardly a drunk.

Not to mention (not including yearlong drunks) that this is a popular base of spiced rum egg nog. . .At Christmas time, and I believe that many families are partaking today and manana.

Regardless of the above, this is a pretty good deal. That $14.99 seen elsewhere would be even sweeter here.

joegolo 12-23-2012 10:57 PM

Just a heads up I've seen this at a few Costcos in socal (orange county). Kirkland's getting more and more of their own brand liquor now. They've got TWO different Scotches as well as their two vodkas. Anyone tried their 13.89 American vodka yet? I've had their V and it was really great for the price.

ryocho 12-23-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joegolo (Post 56347318)
Anyone tried their 13.89 American vodka yet?

:vomit: It's pretty bad

dragonre 12-24-2012 12:22 AM

I found sailor jerry to be a bit harsh. It's higher proof, so that's something to consider.

BladeD 12-24-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBuck1984 (Post 56343224)
Hawaii, sorry forgot to mention that part.

Hey, Mr. Prez could you bring me back a couple of bottles?;)

scott101 12-24-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeD (Post 56350108)
Hey, Mr. Prez could you bring me back a couple of bottles?;)

wrong drug...but I'm sure he wouldn't mind bringing back a couple of kilos. I'm sure Michelle would have plenty of room in her wallet. Prison wallet that is......:lol:

BladeD 12-24-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott101 (Post 56350416)
wrong drug...but I'm sure he wouldn't mind bringing back a couple of kilos. I'm sure Michelle would have plenty of room in her wallet. Prison wallet that is......:lol:

You still mad bro?:lol:

extrasand 12-24-2012 05:39 AM

$14.99 at the Costco in DC. I've used more than half a bottle to make my 4 rum cakes this past week.

JohnnyHot 12-24-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boat (Post 56345606)
People live in Hawaii? Wish I had a Costco nearby.

People live in Jersey? Well, I suppose we call 'em people. Reality shows imply something a bit different.

scott101 12-24-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeD (Post 56350474)
You still mad bro?:lol:

No way!!! I love when the economy is bad and unemployment is high...makes all the deals we're all here for that much slicker. Go Bama:worship:

scrapplejoe 12-24-2012 06:01 AM

anyone have the deleware christiana price?

scrapplejoe 12-24-2012 06:07 AM

is 1.75 same size as a handle of capt morgan?

vadimr 12-24-2012 06:17 AM

I picked up one of these yesterday for $14.99 in NJ.

DerProfi 12-24-2012 06:23 AM

Whenever I'm vacationing on the Big Island, I pick up a bottle of something at the airport Costco but I've always passed on the Kirkland liquor. With the holidays coming and my wallet fat, a couple of weeks ago I made a run waaaay out to the new Washington DC Costco and loaded up my trunk with at least 1 of each Kirkland Signature bottle. Lots of stuff I'd never seen before:
* 20 yr Speyside Single Malt - I took a chance and picked up a case. Fortunately, it was awesome for the price.
* Spiced Rum - Fine for the price, although Cruzan Black Strap is my go-to cheap dark rum.
* American Vodka - So ridiculously cheap it doesn't really matter. Fine for screwdrivers & drunk guests.
* French Vodka - Awesome value, 2nd only to the single malt.
* 7 yr Small Batch Bourbon - My least favorite Costco liquor buy. For a little more money I can get a 1.75L of Evan Williams 1783 or a fifth of Evan Williams Single Barrel that is much better.
* Añejo Tequila - Haven't tried yet.
* Silver Tequila - Fine for margaritas, but so-so at best for sipping.

rbraden 12-24-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott101 (Post 56350660)
No way!!! I love when the economy is bad and unemployment is high...makes all the deals we're all here for that much slicker. Go Bama:worship:

So far during the recession I've been promoted at work, and bought 2 houses (primary residence and a rental), both at massive discounts over what they were worth 5 years ago. The policies are insane, but it's worked out for me, so I can't hate too bad ;-)

YellowFellow 12-24-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapplejoe (Post 56350812)
is 1.75 same size as a handle of capt morgan?


Yup, handles are considered the 1.75l of anything and a fifth is the 750ml or .75l

boat 12-24-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHot (Post 56350614)
People live in Jersey? Well, I suppose we call 'em people. Reality shows imply something a bit different.

Hey! :lol:

KBuck1984 12-24-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boat (Post 56345606)
People live in Hawaii? Wish I had a Costco nearby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeD (Post 56350108)
Hey, Mr. Prez could you bring me back a couple of bottles?;)

Yes people live in Hawaii, but I am actually military so it's much easier for me to survive on the island. This website helped a lot for Xmas shopping. Amazon is about the only place that ships for free, everyone else charges more than the actual product.

diveborg 12-24-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadimr (Post 56350906)
I picked up one of these yesterday for $14.99 in NJ.

It's probably at least $10 more in Washington state and it isn't available in Oregon.

triffid_98 12-24-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott101 (Post 56350660)
No way!!! I love when the economy is bad and unemployment is high...makes all the deals we're all here for that much slicker. Go Bama:worship:

It's like that worldwide at the moment? Bailing out the banksters (to the tune of 700 billion dollars) was a big mistake in my opinion, but Obama didn't start two wars either.

vadimr 12-24-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveborg (Post 56355360)
It's probably at least $10 more in Washington state and it isn't available in Oregon.

how come? (too lazy to research)

diveborg 12-24-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadimr (Post 56357246)
how come? (too lazy to research)

I don't live in Washington, but that state has extremely high liquor: taxes total excise tax rate the highest in the country at $26.70 per gallon. They used to have state operated liquor stores, but recently the voters chose to get out of the liquor sales business. They sold off the stores to private operators and now allow large chain stores to sell booze. That added two new fees to the price of liquor. Plus Washington state has a 9% sales tax.

In Oregon you can only buy liquor in state franchised liquor stores, so there is no Kirkland brand in Oregon. We pay slightly lower prices and no sales tax. Consequently, liquor sales in the border liquor stores have gone up.

pinsomniac 12-24-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerProfi (Post 56350972)
Whenever I'm vacationing on the Big Island, I pick up a bottle of something at the airport Costco but I've always passed on the Kirkland liquor. With the holidays coming and my wallet fat, a couple of weeks ago I made a run waaaay out to the new Washington DC Costco and loaded up my trunk with at least 1 of each Kirkland Signature bottle. Lots of stuff I'd never seen before:
* 20 yr Speyside Single Malt - I took a chance and picked up a case. Fortunately, it was awesome for the price.
* Spiced Rum - Fine for the price, although Cruzan Black Strap is my go-to cheap dark rum.
* American Vodka - So ridiculously cheap it doesn't really matter. Fine for screwdrivers & drunk guests.
* French Vodka - Awesome value, 2nd only to the single malt.
* 7 yr Small Batch Bourbon - My least favorite Costco liquor buy. For a little more money I can get a 1.75L of Evan Williams 1783 or a fifth of Evan Williams Single Barrel that is much better.
* Añejo Tequila - Haven't tried yet.
* Silver Tequila - Fine for margaritas, but so-so at best for sipping.

I've read poor reviews on the small batch bourbon, which is a shame since it's my spirit of choice. The American vodka is ridiculously cheap, but I've been told that it's completely dreadful. How is it for shooting? Does it mix well enough?

DerProfi 12-25-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinsomniac (Post 56361628)
I've read poor reviews on the small batch bourbon, which is a shame since it's my spirit of choice. The American vodka is ridiculously cheap, but I've been told that it's completely dreadful. How is it for shooting? Does it mix well enough?

No complaints about the American vodka in white russians and screwdrivers, but I only use the good stuff for shooting and can't say (although I can't imagine it's any worse than Smirnoff or other domestic brands.) Fine for a party, for sure.

RHCCapri 01-05-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveborg (Post 56361528)
I don't live in Washington, but that state has extremely high liquor: taxes total excise tax rate the highest in the country at $26.70 per gallon. They used to have state operated liquor stores, but recently the voters chose to get out of the liquor sales business. They sold off the stores to private operators and now allow large chain stores to sell booze. That added two new fees to the price of liquor. Plus Washington state has a 9% sales tax.

In Oregon you can only buy liquor in state franchised liquor stores, so there is no Kirkland brand in Oregon. We pay slightly lower prices and no sales tax. Consequently, liquor sales in the border liquor stores have gone up.

True
http://www.komonews.com/news/loca...94172.html


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20 PM.


1999-2014