Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote Control $39.99 with free shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5750612-logitech-harmony-600-universal-remote-control-39-99-with-free-shipping)

Chanoch 12-27-2012 04:19 PM

Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote Control $39.99 with free shipping

Logitech Harmony 600 Universal Remote Control $39.99 with free shipping
Link [jr.com]
  • Backlit screen - You'll see the commands you need for the devices you're using. The smart display can even provide help if you need it.
  • One-click activity buttons - No more complicated lists of what to turn on or which button to select. Once you're set up, you just select what you want to do - such as "Watch a DVD" - and your Harmony does the rest.
  • Replaces 5 remotes - It's easy to say good-bye to that jumble of remotes on the coffee table.
  • Guided online setup - You connect your remote to your Computer and tell us what equipment you have. Then sit back and let our online Software walk you through the setup process.
  • Supports 5000+ brands - Whether you have an aging VCR or a brand new Blu-Ray player, you can be confident your Harmony remote will control the devices you have today and the ones you add tomorrow.
  • Constantly updated device Database - Your remote won't become obsolete when manufacturers release new products or when you buy a new TV or add a Blu-ray player to your setup.
  • Intuitive design - Buttons are grouped by how you use them, shaped so you can feel your way around, and backlit - so you always know where you are.
  • Windows and Mac compatible

rdaex 12-27-2012 04:33 PM

Is this rechargeable or do we need to use batteries?

Chanoch 12-27-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdaex (Post 56428604)
Is this rechargeable or do we need to use batteries?

It uses two AA batteries

fatebyfire 12-27-2012 05:15 PM

Just what I was looking for. Thanks OP.

candlejack 12-27-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatebyfire (Post 56429500)
Just what I was looking for. Thanks OP.

Me too.

I have a Harmony 650 for the living room.

This will be perfect for the bedroom.

Hard to beat 39.99 shipped with no tax for a brand new unit.

hightop32 12-27-2012 05:47 PM

good price.... just watch out. 5 device limit is a dealbreaker for alot of folks....

not much room for expansion. and if you have less than 5 devices to control, the functionality of this might not even be needed and could be solved in other ways...

very frustrating that they neuter their product line these days. the older models had a much more generous limit to devices you could add/control.

candlejack 12-27-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightop32 (Post 56430086)
good price.... just watch out. 5 device limit is a dealbreaker for alot of folks....

not much room for expansion. and if you have less than 5 devices to control, the functionality of this might not even be needed and could be solved in other ways...

very frustrating that they neuter their product line these days. the older models had a much more generous limit to devices you could add/control.

Yeah, I only have 3 (electronic) devices in my bedroom, so no biggie.

hightop32 12-27-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candlejack (Post 56430128)
Yeah, I only have 3 (electronic) devices in my bedroom, so no biggie.

right so do you really need a harmony? thats my point.

Arrow34 12-27-2012 06:04 PM

fyi, good price for the 600, but newegg has the 650 refurb back instock.

MHRX 12-27-2012 10:20 PM

Is this remote very user friendly? My parents are very technology challenged, and I've been looking for a good price on the Harmony One so that they can switch between movies and TV easily. (Believe it or not changing inputs and turning on the Home Theater can be difficult for some! haha)

Should I hold off for a good price on the One, or is the 600 just as good? (It looks like it does Macros, something I would definitely want in a remote for them)

Thanks OP and thanks for the help!

OneSlickDeal 12-27-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHRX (Post 56435398)
Is this remote very user friendly? My parents are very technology challenged, and I've been looking for a good price on the Harmony One so that they can switch between movies and TV easily. (Believe it or not changing inputs and turning on the Home Theater can be difficult for some! haha)

Should I hold off for a good price on the One, or is the 600 just as good? (It looks like it does Macros, something I would definitely want in a remote for them)

Thanks OP and thanks for the help!

Picked this up for grandma who has cable box, dvd going into receiver, and receiver to tv. These are easy for old people, just make sure they never touch the equipment and hide all the other remotes :)