Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Sale: World Class Plush w/ Memory Foam Queen Size $599, Classic Euro Top Queen Size $349 & More + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5756436-simmons-beautyrest-mattress-sale-world-class-plush-w-memory-foam-queen-size-599-classic-euro-top-queen-size-349-amp-more-free-shipping)

brisar 12-29-2012 08:33 AM

Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Sale: World Class Plush w/ Memory Foam Queen Size $599, Classic Euro Top Queen Size $349 & More + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
US Mattress is having their New Years Weekend Sale
Save on Simmons Beautyrest World Class and Classic Mattresses.
Shipping is free
.

yuugotserved 12-29-2012 08:33 AM

Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Sale: World Class Plush w/ Memory Foam Queen Size $599, Classic Euro Top Queen Size $349 & More + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
US Mattress is having their New Years Weekend Sale on Simmons Beautyrest World Class and Classic Mattresses. Shipping is free. Thanks brisar

brisar 12-29-2012 12:10 PM

Here are some Past Mattress Deals we have had (for reference)
Lots of discussion there in case you were looking for info (such as haul away of old mattress, etc..)

jor 12-29-2012 12:15 PM

how firm are the firm ones?

I bought two mattress. they are supposed to be firm, but i still find them soft.

Melikedeals 12-29-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 56471846)
how firm are the firm ones?

I bought two mattress. they are supposed to be firm, but i still find them soft.

I have the Corita Extra Firm, it's very nice and firm but has a little give to prevent pressure points. No more back pain!

davyb0i 12-29-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melikedeals (Post 56472346)
I have the Corita Extra Firm, it's very nice and firm but has a little give to prevent pressure points. No more back pain!

Thanks, got one for my parents. Reviews says it is pretty firm, which is what they want. Hopefully that'll be the case.

grandseiko 12-29-2012 06:57 PM

Honest to say,I love this.:P

NYCScammer 12-29-2012 07:20 PM

I have a Beautyrest World Class Plush Firm. It has a diiferent model name. I did some research and the Beautyrest has a number of different classes. The World Class is one of them , not the lowest quality Beautyrest, but not the top either. I paid almost two grand, including the Box Spring and a frame. The mattress listed for four grand at the store, but they were having their Half Price sale that seems to go on all year. This deal seems like a great deal to me, btw, the spring count is the same as the one I bought so I would think it's the same quality as the one I bought, but a different model name. Wish I had seen this before I bought mine.

TheTalkingMule 12-29-2012 07:22 PM

I'm going to switch to a firm mattress. Any reason to pay more if you're going firm? I mean a board is a board, right?

Kartik1378 12-29-2012 07:47 PM

I bought 2 Tomahawk Plush Euro Top Queen a month back for this same price while its was on the Thanksgiving deal. so far really its very good and suits for us. the quality of mattress really good as similar what you are seeing in the stores. i had lot of doubt and hesitation to ordering mattress online but i am happy now. no issues on Delivery and came within 2 weeks. i surprised only when i did not receive any email more than 2 days after ordering and thought US mattress scam. but it was instantly arrived and in the scam folder. but check the stores and find which one suits for you before ordering.. i see the specification are much similar only think they just change the name.

For example i tired this in Sleepys and ordered the same in USMattress.

http://www.sleepys.com/en/Simmons...ess_34072/

nonstopfan 12-29-2012 08:03 PM

wow..amazing prices indeed. For those of you unsure about which one to go for, I would highly recommend to visit a store and find similiar ones on the showroom and try it out first before you buy online. Buying a mattress is harder than you think. It took me two trips to the store and a short nap on a mattress before finally deciding :)

trumpolt 12-29-2012 08:04 PM

are these mattresses really usually sold for the prices they state on the website, like $2500 and such ? Or are these sale prices the year round price ? Anyone have any insight on this since I am sorta considering jumping on this deal, but I have had my share of bad buys when it comes to mattresses so I am kinda wary.

( bought a tempurpedic for 3500$ 2 years ago.... it was comfortable for maybe a year and then it was mush....so i got a free jcpenney mattress from a coworker who was selling his house and getiing rid of his stuff, it was from his guestroom so basically brand new... have been using it and its ok just smaller than what i am used to.)

joeydealing 12-29-2012 08:05 PM

bought one today, call the number tell them you want 5% off they will give it to you

sKwiD 12-29-2012 08:29 PM

I wanted to pull the trigger earlier but was hesitant to buy a mattress without trying. So I went to a local reputable mattress store (Sleep Train in San Diego) to see if they had the same model. They didn't have the exact Simmons Classic Tomahawk model on sale at US-Mattress but had a similar Simmons Classic with the same specs (coil count, plush top not eurotop, etc). I showed them the webpage linked above and they price matched + no tax + 5% off, so I was able to get it for $332 OTD delivered for a queen size.

I'd recommend others do the same at other local retailers.

LegLendO 12-29-2012 08:45 PM

Why can't they ever have sales on full size mattresses?

stevens818 12-29-2012 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=trumpolt;56480112]are these mattresses really usually sold for the prices they state on the website, like $2500 and such ? Or are these sale prices the year round price ? Anyone have any insight on this since I am sorta considering jumping on this deal, but I have had my share of bad buys when it comes to mattresses so I am kinda wary./QUOTE]

Not a bad deal but I'd try to price match at a local store for a similar bed as sKwiD mentions in the post above me especially after reading some reviews online.

I checked around and they don't normally sell this for what they have listed. Amazon has it from the same company for their"Queen Simmons Beautyrest Classic Tomahawk Plush Euro Top Mattress - Full Size" as an example for $420 with free delivery. It's still about a $90 savings through this link but read the Yelp reviews along with a few other sites and it might make you think twice.

csc033 12-29-2012 08:47 PM

I had a bad experience ordering through US Mattress. They were great, and I got a lot of help from them over the phone. But their delivery service was absolutely horrid. It took nearly 2 months for me to get my order, and then it was only because I went and picked it up fro the local distributor personally. They kept having issues with "Broken Delivery Trucks". I did end up getting another 15 percent knocked off by US mattress for my troubles though.

plong 12-29-2012 08:55 PM

A quick google search for "corita extra firm $529/$549/$599/$699" revealed that this deal happens semi-regularly. Doesn't make it a bad deal, just sayin there's no fire sale here.

hatoma_isld 12-29-2012 09:00 PM

word of advice, get the extra firm

mD- 12-29-2012 09:09 PM

You guys should check some of the mattress sales going on at Macy's. If you buy a bed from let's say IKEA that doesn't require a box spring, that takes even more off the price of the mattress. My combo was IKEA's Queen MALM bed: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog...S19889512/ + the 2nd most reliable slatted bed base for $60: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog...#/00160215

At Macy's they said that having that slatted bed base means that I can keep the warranty even though I'm not using a box spring.

I ended up getting something similar to this mattress without the boxspring: http://www1.macys.com/shop/produc...ryID=25931

Total I paid was $385 including the shipping (which was $60 I think). Again, I didn't get the one above, but I think one a little bit better. For the one I got, Queen size was $600, but without the box spring (since the IKEA bed doesn't use once), brought it to $289.

sdsniffer 12-29-2012 09:12 PM

I bought Corita Plush Firm from US Mattress half year ago, with same deal(same price). It was a great buy!
The mattress is firm enough(I believe for most people, since my wife and myself prefer firm one, and good that I didn't pick the extra firm one), and good quality(very heavy).
I found the mattress was shipped from the manufacturer directly, which I considered better(who knows the reseller could deliver lower quality items for the sale price they offers).
Highly recommended.

riphamilton 12-29-2012 09:26 PM

bought the plush firm corita from them for the same price on the 4th of july.... would definitely recommend us mattress.

only gripe was the delivery - they outsource that to regional freight carriers, and the one near me is incompetent. don't even bother scheduling via the website; call the local delivery company and speak with someone. call back to confirm your appointment multiple times.

mamasai 12-29-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sKwiD (Post 56480558)
I wanted to pull the trigger earlier but was hesitant to buy a mattress without trying. So I went to a local reputable mattress store (Sleep Train in San Diego) to see if they had the same model. They didn't have the exact Simmons Classic Tomahawk model on sale at US-Mattress but had a similar Simmons Classic with the same specs (coil count, plush top not eurotop, etc). I showed them the webpage linked above and they price matched + no tax + 5% off, so I was able to get it for $332 OTD delivered for a queen size.

I'd recommend others do the same at other local retailers.

which store location did you go to?

z32tt 12-29-2012 09:55 PM

I went with the pillow top. Thanks!

sKwiD 12-29-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamasai (Post 56481586)
which store location did you go to?

I went to the one on Rosecrans and Sports Arena Blvd. When I first walked in an older guy helped me out but he seemed a bit of a stickler. Luckily a younger kid helped me out and did the PM. FYI only one bed qualified for the PM. It was in the back left side of the store. Good luck!

Slomo4shO 12-29-2012 10:27 PM

Now only if tempurpedic or the Serta icomfort series ever went on sale...

franzcatch 12-29-2012 10:28 PM

Are any of these individually coiled beds? Or are all of the coils linked?

mauiwowie 12-29-2012 10:34 PM

How do these prices compare to Costco?

Todd Fury 12-29-2012 10:35 PM

Thinking of grabbing one of these for my mom who has a lot of back pain. Would the extra firm be good for someone with a herniated disc?

gaijin4life 12-29-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slomo4shO (Post 56482532)
Now only if tempurpedic or the Serta icomfort series ever went on sale...

Yeah, I've had my eye on the icomfort and the ones with gel tops because they're supposed to be cooler than the memory foam-topped ones. Like you, waiting for a sale on those...

Slomo4shO 12-29-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaijin4life (Post 56482768)
Yeah, I've had my eye on the icomfort and the ones with gel tops because they're supposed to be cooler than the memory foam-topped ones. Like you, waiting for a sale on those...

I am looking for something for my guest bedroom. I am perfectly content with my cloud luxe but I can't see myself paying $5k for a mattress for the guest bedroom. Well maybe I might be tempted if I could snag a split cal king for the price of a regular cal king :P

Evenstar979 12-29-2012 10:53 PM

Thanks for posting the deal. I got a Simmons ComforPedic Loft. Hope it's as comfy as people say they are.

Soofdawg 12-29-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Fury (Post 56482650)
Thinking of grabbing one of these for my mom who has a lot of back pain. Would the extra firm be good for someone with a herniated disc?

I'd probably ask her doctor, pain specialist, or chiropractor...unless there's one of those reading this thread, her specific case may require specific treatment.

racebum 12-29-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule (Post 56479394)
I'm going to switch to a firm mattress. Any reason to pay more if you're going firm? I mean a board is a board, right?

the good firm ones you kind of settle into. they don't feel like boards.

go lay on a few you can feel the difference pretty quick

bigcheda 12-30-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slomo4shO (Post 56482532)
Now only if tempurpedic or the Serta icomfort series ever went on sale...


seems like they are on sale at macys right now...are they really that good?

ksharma 12-30-2012 12:32 AM

Looks like all of these are single sided mattresses (can't be flipped). Any recommendations for a good, firm double sided King mattress? Does anyone still manufacture them?

mamasai 12-30-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sKwiD (Post 56482358)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamasai (Post 56481586)
which store location did you go to?

I went to the one on Rosecrans and Sports Arena Blvd. When I first walked in an older guy helped me out but he seemed a bit of a stickler. Luckily a younger kid helped me out and did the PM. FYI only one bed qualified for the PM. It was in the back left side of the store. Good luck!

Thanks. Will give it a shot tomorrow.

Slomo4shO 12-30-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcheda (Post 56483878)
seems like they are on sale at macys right now...are they really that good?

You do realize that Macy's sales prices are still above or equal to the regular price available at www.tempurpedic.com right?


As far as the beds themselves, go test one out and see for yourself.

ekoretz 12-30-2012 01:04 AM

Double sided mattresses
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksharma (Post 56484138)
Looks like all of these are single sided mattresses (can't be flipped). Any recommendations for a good, firm double sided King mattress? Does anyone still manufacture them?

Restonic sell a nice comfort care line of mattress that come in double sided build here is an example of one http://www.michigandiscountmattre...ond_Plush/

here is one with a pocket coil build

http://www.michigandiscountmattre...ere_plush/

just noticed you wanted firm here is the best one.

http://www.michigandiscountmattre...dere_firm/

makimc 12-30-2012 04:50 AM

I own a Simmons Beautyrest Black series mattress in a plush firm(don't remember the model name) and have had it about 2 years and its a piece of garbage! The foam and individual coils sag/create huge body impressions and I'm not a big person. I'd look at a different brand! My next mattress purchase will be from Costco so I can return it if it turns into junk. Simmons warranty and 'customer service' are basically non-existent after you make a purchase. Buyer beware!

Buckeyefan 1 12-30-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mD- (Post 56481172)
You guys should check some of the mattress sales going on at Macy's. If you buy a bed from let's say IKEA that doesn't require a box spring, that takes even more off the price of the mattress. My combo was IKEA's Queen MALM bed: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog...S19889512/ + the 2nd most reliable slatted bed base for $60: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog...#/00160215

At Macy's they said that having that slatted bed base means that I can keep the warranty even though I'm not using a box spring.

I ended up getting something similar to this mattress without the boxspring: http://www1.macys.com/shop/produc...ryID=25931

Total I paid was $385 including the shipping (which was $60 I think). Again, I didn't get the one above, but I think one a little bit better. For the one I got, Queen size was $600, but without the box spring (since the IKEA bed doesn't use once), brought it to $289.

Not bad, but watch the coil count. Beautyrest Worldclass is a very good mattress with a high coil count. They last. But you pay for the quality.

They use those same slats on bunk beds.

airbratv2 12-30-2012 06:04 AM

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/m...mmons.html

el3ctros 12-30-2012 06:24 AM

seems to be charging tax on the inflated retail price instead of the actual sale price, at least for shipping to canada, I think i'll give them a call, not paying $196 in taxes on a $350 bed...

bhamhawker 12-30-2012 07:04 AM

If any of you live near an Atlantic Bedding & Furniture warehouse (I think they're mostly in the Southeast, as of yet), they can probably match and\or beat any listed Simmons mattress prices.

Here's their website: http://www.atlanticbeddingandfurniture.com

cric_phx 12-30-2012 07:37 AM

i bought Tomahawk Plush Firm Euro Top on thanks giving deal and its great ... it is hard offers great support but also have a soft layer .. perfect for us. Great deal for 499. Similar specs mattress at sears even with deal was 799 or so. .. great service got it delivered in 2 weeks.

cric_phx 12-30-2012 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=stevens818;56480824]
Quote:

Originally Posted by trumpolt (Post 56480112)
are these mattresses really usually sold for the prices they state on the website, like $2500 and such ? Or are these sale prices the year round price ? Anyone have any insight on this since I am sorta considering jumping on this deal, but I have had my share of bad buys when it comes to mattresses so I am kinda wary./QUOTE]

Not a bad deal but I'd try to price match at a local store for a similar bed as sKwiD mentions in the post above me especially after reading some reviews online.

I checked around and they don't normally sell this for what they have listed. Amazon has it from the same company for their"Queen Simmons Beautyrest Classic Tomahawk Plush Euro Top Mattress - Full Size" as an example for $420 with free delivery. It's still about a $90 savings through this link but read the Yelp reviews along with a few other sites and it might make you think twice.

I was little reluctant to buy online .. US mattress is good and provided us great service .. same mattress with different model names are sold on other places. they keep model name different because they dont want to price match . US mattress has 100 day return policy and they cut $100 if we retun and rebuy another from them. Most of other stores dont offer that or charge too much like 20% , 25% restocking fee.

tkkidd 12-30-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiwowie (Post 56482632)
How do these prices compare to Costco?


i think costco is better deal. because these beds are not much cheaper than costco, (forget the inflated msrp)

and with costco beds, you get to return it anytime if there is a problem.



You can not return these beds.

dayv 12-30-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcheda (Post 56483878)
seems like they are on sale at macys right now...are they really that good?

my parents had the beautyrest world class which is the $4k mattress set they got for 2k or something. they didn't really like it after the first year. they got a tempurdic and swear by it.

i'm not really a fan of it. their's is firm but once you sink into it, you can't roll over easy. basically you get stuck in a trench.

it is all about what feels good to you. i got a cheap mattress and after the first year i don't like it. the middle wore out faster than the outsides. so my advice is to buy one that is comfortable to you that is made to last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el3ctros (Post 56486680)
seems to be charging tax on the inflated retail price instead of the actual sale price, at least for shipping to canada, I think i'll give them a call, not paying $196 in taxes on a $350 bed...

import tax?

runner0382 12-30-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makimc (Post 56485894)
I own a Simmons Beautyrest Black series mattress in a plush firm(don't remember the model name) and have had it about 2 years and its a piece of garbage! The foam and individual coils sag/create huge body impressions and I'm not a big person. I'd look at a different brand! My next mattress purchase will be from Costco so I can see return it if it turns into junk. Simmons warranty and 'customer service' are basically non-existent after you make a purchase. Buyer beware!

Probably because Black is cheaper. Fewer coils and different gauge steel. I have 7 Simmons Beautyrest Classics between 2 homes. All great. Now 8-10 years old.

DarKinght 12-30-2012 10:22 AM

called just now, but no extra 5% off...they said it's already on sale.
Quote:

Originally Posted by joeydealing (Post 56480136)
bought one today, call the number tell them you want 5% off they will give it to you


MTBchamp 12-30-2012 11:59 AM

Purchased the Simmons World Class Corita plush firm last Black Friday. It was my first new mattress. Highly recommended. I use a $200 mattress pad with it to give a little extra give but the support is there.

sumia 12-30-2012 01:19 PM

How about this one?
http://www.mattressfirm.com/Simmo...-P228.aspx

Bought it last month at local Mattress firm store. Wondering if it is the same as you listed above.

Thank you for your help!

superstition 12-30-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Fury (Post 56482650)
Thinking of grabbing one of these for my mom who has a lot of back pain. Would the extra firm be good for someone with a herniated disc?

100% natural latex is considered by many to be the best for back pain. But, be sure to not get a bed with a thick (3") soft layer unless it's on a 6" firm support layer. The soft layers are likely to develop sag. It's probably better to get a thin comfort layer (1-2" of soft talalay). Latex is available in a wide range of firmness.

Real latex is pricey, but if someone has a bad disc, it will be worthwhile to have a bed with minimal pressure points and without toxic off-gassing (memory foam is a petroleum product).

gerrysp 12-30-2012 03:39 PM

Bought a tomahawk twin for my kid.
See below link for other names to cross check prices at other stores.
http://beddinghotline.com/feature...etail.html

E7H3R 12-30-2012 03:58 PM

I used to sell mattresses among other things. You should always buy a mattress based on comfort. It is a complete fallacy that a firm mattress is good for your back. In fact, a soft mattress if you are laying on your back is better due to it filling in the natural curve of your spine with support. These Simmons work on the idea that each spring will compress around your body depending on how much weight is put on them and I do like their products. Please go to a store before purchasing a mattress and see what is comfortable for you though, because like I said firm beds are in fact not good for your back and should really only be purchased if that is what is you like. I would recommend a plush or eurotop any day of the week over a firm. Also, I have struggled with a bad back my whole life and a Tempurpedic is worth the money if you can afford it, but Restonic makes an excellent knock off which is what I have and a King was less than $1,500. Feel free to ask me any questions if you would like.

superstition 12-30-2012 05:32 PM

Firm beds are better for the back if the back pain comes from inadequate support resulting from sinking in. Too firm isn't good and neither is too soft. What I've found that makes things tricky is that softer beds often feel great and then the back pain comes when you get up. My experience is that a firmer bed may result in more tossing and turning but less pain in the morning. Beds that are too firm don't support enough of the body, and beds that are too soft sink too much.

The nice thing about a firm bed, though, is that it can be fixed by adding a soft topper. A soft bed that sinks too much has to be replaced. However, some latex beds come in multiple removable layers, so it is possible to replace just one layer if there is too much sinking in.

Todd Fury 12-30-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstition (Post 56494550)
100% natural latex is considered by many to be the best for back pain. But, be sure to not get a bed with a thick (3") soft layer unless it's on a 6" firm support layer. The soft layers are likely to develop sag. It's probably better to get a thin comfort layer (1-2" of soft talalay). Latex is available in a wide range of firmness.

Real latex is pricey, but if someone has a bad disc, it will be worthwhile to have a bed with minimal pressure points and without toxic off-gassing (memory foam is a petroleum product).

Thanks!

makimc 12-30-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runner0382 (Post 56489372)
Probably because Black is cheaper. Fewer coils and different gauge steel. I have 7 Simmons Beautyrest Classics between 2 homes. All great. Now 8-10 years old.

Are you serious? The Black line is one of their 'high end' lines...and is supposed to be superior to their others. It has a high coil count(800 I think) for a queen, all kinds of 'good' stuff and it sucks! My old $300 special King Koil was a better mattress!

JJLL 12-30-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerrysp (Post 56496398)
Bought a tomahawk twin for my kid.
See below link for other names to cross check prices at other stores.
http://beddinghotline.com/feature...etail.html

great link thanks!

Nomadicthoughts 12-30-2012 07:45 PM

Do not buy the Tomahawk! Bought the mattress in September, did not start sleeping on it until mid October. The first week it was decently firm. Slowly lost its firmness and now also has very noticeable sag in the middle. I have been extremely busy but have wanted to contact Simmons because any mattress used for 2.5 months should not show these symptoms. I mean...I'm 5'9, 165lbs.

Also if anyone can provide me some help on what my options are, that would be great. Thanks and I hope this info helped some of you.

Edit
I bought the Tomahawk Firm

yvette726 12-30-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomadicthoughts (Post 56500664)
Do not buy the Tomahawk! Bought the mattress in September, did not start sleeping on it until mid October. The first week it was decently firm. Slowly lost its firmness and now also has very noticeable sag in the middle. I have been extremely busy but have wanted to contact Simmons because any mattress used for 2.5 months should not show these symptoms. I mean...I'm 5'9, 165lbs.

Also if anyone can provide me some help on what my options are, that would be great. Thanks and I hope this info helped some of you.

Edit
I bought the Tomahawk Firm

I just bought the Tomahawk...:eek:

Starfire69 12-30-2012 08:17 PM

What does it mean in the ad under the Mattress model "Twin Mattress Only?" There's another page on their site with the same mattress and shows "King Mattress Only" and all the prices are a little higher. I'm confused as to what that means.

sKwiD 12-30-2012 10:50 PM

Good thing about buying from stores are they usually have a guarantee, for example 100 Days no questions asked exchange or full refund.

superstition 12-31-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Fury (Post 56500218)
Thanks!

You're welcome. If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. I could post a lot more about latex, but I don't want to go too much off-topic. I will mention, though, that I would avoid synthetic latex (which isn't latex at all) and blends of synthetic and natural. Synthetic "latex" has a strong petroleum odor and is said to be less durable, long-term.

TomHagen 12-31-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiwowie (Post 56482632)
How do these prices compare to Costco?


Relevant to my interests as well

callnextpard 12-31-2012 10:36 AM

I just pulled the trigger on the Queen size Beautyrest World Class Corita Extra Firm.
After researching reviews via Google, I found the answer I was looking for with this mattress. It doesn't sag after months or years like my last one did. One guy said he is 230 pounds, has slept on it for 7 years now, and it is still flat as the day he bought it.
I use a 3" 5.5lb memory foam topper anyway, so the firmness won't be a bother. I was mainly looking for a good no sag solution as sleeping in a saggy mattress is a litteral pain in the back.

At $600, this is a steal compared to other sites selling the same exact Simmons mattress spec wise (with a different name so they don't have to price match of course) for $150-$600 more depending on the site.

Thanks OP, TU to you

eoriley 12-31-2012 02:04 PM

Confirmed that Sleep Train in San Diego matched the price with no tax and the 5%. It took a while but the computer finally "let" him do it.

ksharma 12-31-2012 04:13 PM

Double sided mattress
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekoretz (Post 56484562)
Restonic sell a nice comfort care line of mattress that come in double sided build here is an example of one http://www.michigandiscountmattre...ond_Plush/

here is one with a pocket coil build

http://www.michigandiscountmattre...ere_plush/

just noticed you wanted firm here is the best one.

http://www.michigandiscountmattre...dere_firm/

OP - thanks for your inputs. Call me old fashioned but I am very particular about flippable (double-sided) mattresses. I think they last longer and don't get body indentation if you remember to rotate and flip them regularly. The choice for such mattresses is extremely limited -- few name-brand manufacturers are still making them -- and the price premium you pay is unusually high.

I ended up buying a "hotel" grade luxury mattress online at Sam's Club. I got the Serta Presidential Suite Firm Mattress Set. It is flippable and at roughly half the price offered on US-Mattress. Only disadvantage is that Sam's Club sells in 2-pack or greater - likely because they target hospitality buyers who buy in bulk. I ended up buying a 2-pack of Twin XL mattress set. When placed next to each other this is the same size as a King. I will be using this in the guest bedroom and this configuration will offer me flexibility. I paid $943 + tax and delivery is free. See the link below:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/sert.../119258.ip

Hope this information is useful for those looking for double sided mattresses. I really wish purchasing mattresses was simpler!!!

only1alexa 12-31-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melikedeals (Post 56472346)
I have the Corita Extra Firm, it's very nice and firm but has a little give to prevent pressure points. No more back pain!

I agree. I just had the Corita Extra Firm delivered from the Black Friday sale (I was away for a couple weeks when they called to ship) and love it. I also had issues with back pain and wake up feeling SO much better now. I just need better pillows. I had a plush top and pillows that were going flat. Woke up every day in pain.

mamasai 12-31-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eoriley (Post 56518436)
Confirmed that Sleep Train in San Diego matched the price with no tax and the 5%. It took a while but the computer finally "let" him do it.

What model dis you score? I was at the miramar store yesterday and they PM and gave me the yorkshire plush model but no additional 5% off and have to pay for tax 

Melikedeals 12-31-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callnextpard (Post 56513790)
I just pulled the trigger on the Queen size Beautyrest World Class Corita Extra Firm.
After researching reviews via Google, I found the answer I was looking for with this mattress. It doesn't sag after months or years like my last one did. One guy said he is 230 pounds, has slept on it for 7 years now, and it is still flat as the day he bought it.
I use a 3" 5.5lb memory foam topper anyway, so the firmness won't be a bother. I was mainly looking for a good no sag solution as sleeping in a saggy mattress is a litteral pain in the back.

At $600, this is a steal compared to other sites selling the same exact Simmons mattress spec wise (with a different name so they don't have to price match of course) for $150-$600 more depending on the site.

Thanks OP, TU to you

I've had my Corita Extra Firm for a little over 2 years and while it definitely holds up better than the cheap mattresses I had in college, I wouldn't say it's as flat and firm as the first day I got it. Mine prob won't hold up for 7 years. I think the problem is the no-flip design. My husband and I (about 300 lbs combined) rotate the bed instead every 3 months, and now the figure 8's on each side from our butts are slightly softer and puffier than the head and foot of the bed, if that makes sense. It's a real 8 too, with one loop bigger than the other, I can see that becoming a problem in the future =(

That said, I would definitely buy again for $600. And as long as they keep making it, I'm fine replacing it every 5 years at this price. It is the cheapest Asian firm bed I've found in America. =)

DealSeekerRob 01-01-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eoriley (Post 56518436)
Confirmed that Sleep Train in San Diego matched the price with no tax and the 5%. It took a while but the computer finally "let" him do it.

Which Sleep Train in San Diego? Thanks!:look:

celicarocks 01-01-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melikedeals (Post 56523438)
I've had my Corita Extra Firm for a little over 2 years and while it definitely holds up better than the cheap mattresses I had in college, I wouldn't say it's as flat and firm as the first day I got it. Mine prob won't hold up for 7 years. I think the problem is the no-flip design. My husband and I (about 300 lbs combined) rotate the bed instead every 3 months, and now the figure 8's on each side from our butts are slightly softer and puffier than the head and foot of the bed, if that makes sense. It's a real 8 too, with one loop bigger than the other, I can see that becoming a problem in the future =(

That said, I would definitely buy again for $600. And as long as they keep making it, I'm fine replacing it every 5 years at this price. It is the cheapest Asian firm bed I've found in America. =)

its a no rotate warranty, you ruinned the feel of your matress by rotating it. an impression in the mattress is no big deal.

Melikedeals 01-01-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celicarocks (Post 56531538)
its a no rotate warranty, you ruinned the feel of your matress by rotating it. an impression in the mattress is no big deal.

Not sure if that's true, that wasn't on my warranty card. It just said no flip. Anyhow, I've read many many horror stories about people saying that you need a visible inch impression or something before Simmons will honor the warranty, so I figured it would be smarter to take better care of my mattress at the potential cost of voiding warranty, rather than hold out for warranty. As I said before, even though the warranty is 10 years (or 15, I forget), as long as I get 5 comfortable years out of the mattress, I'm happy.

Impressions in extra firm mattresses is kind of a big deal for some of us looking for firm, even sleep surfaces, esp if you have back problems. A half centimeter unevenness on a sensitive spine all night leads to soreness in the morning... hence, why I need to find a way to avoid big butt impressions sighs.

huskersbite 01-01-2013 10:24 AM

Seems like a solid price and my wife and I have been considering a new mattress for some time. Just what we needed to finally make a decision. Thanks!

weirdichi 01-01-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starfire69 (Post 56501140)
What does it mean in the ad under the Mattress model "Twin Mattress Only?" There's another page on their site with the same mattress and shows "King Mattress Only" and all the prices are a little higher. I'm confused as to what that means.

Can someone elaborate on this as well? I don't want to go tot he "Twin Mattress Only" and choose a queen size only to find out that upon delivery I got a twin size.

desertdish 01-01-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiwowie (Post 56482632)
How do these prices compare to Costco?

We bought two queen mattresses from Costco this past fall for around $500, if I'm remembering correctly. They are EXTREMELY comfortable. I tried it out before purchasing by climbing up to the top of the pile and lying down.

The Costco mattresses go on sale frequently, so keep an eye out.

celicarocks 01-01-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weirdichi (Post 56537214)
Can someone elaborate on this as well? I don't want to go tot he "Twin Mattress Only" and choose a queen size only to find out that upon delivery I got a twin size.

REALLY? just call the dam store already.

morkman100 01-01-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertdish (Post 56538264)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiwowie (Post 56482632)
How do these prices compare to Costco?

We bought two queen mattresses from Costco this past fall for around $500, if I'm remembering correctly. They are EXTREMELY comfortable. I tried it out before purchasing by climbing up to the top of the pile and lying down.

The Costco mattresses go on sale frequently, so keep an eye out.

I believe its the Sealy "Langley". Just got the Cal King. Super comfortable. Looking at the specs, compares to the Sealy Castle Hill mattress from Macys ($1600 Cal King sale price). Except Costco version also has 0.5" of gel foam. Other than that, they are the same. All for about 1/2 the price.

weirdichi 01-01-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celicarocks (Post 56541904)
REALLY? just call the dam store already.

Alas, they aren't open today or I would've called them already. Take a chill pill man.

superstition 01-01-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melikedeals (Post 56532438)
Anyhow, I've read many many horror stories about people saying that you need a visible inch impression or something before Simmons will honor the warranty...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeplikethedead
Most mattress warranties are for a length of 10, 20 or 25 years. Our research strongly suggests that you should not believe that your mattress will last the length of its warranty.

Sleep Like The Dead collected data from over 3,000 owners regarding how long they kept their mattresses and compared this with the length of the warranties.

The result of the analysis suggests that the useful life of a mattress can be determined by dividing the warranty period in half, or more specifically by 1.7, 2, or 2.5 depending on warranty length.

Warranty Length, Divide By, Average Lifespan

10 years, 1.7, 5.8 years
20 years, 2, 10 years
25 years, 2.5, 10 years

Keep in mind that the above rules are only true in general. In other words, individual brands, models and mattresses may perform somewhat better or worse.

Also, the rules imply that there is indeed a correlation between warranty length and the quality / durability / longevity of a mattress. In other words, good mattresses usually have longer warranties, while not-so-good mattresses usually have shorter ones.

Normal Wear Not Covered
Mattresses are discarded by their owners for a variety of reasons, but the main reason is usually related to a loss of comfort that occurs through normal wear.

As is true for virtually all product warranties, normal wear is not covered under mattress warranties; only manufacturer defects as defined by the manufacturer are covered. These defects are problems that can be objectively measured or observed, such as sagging depth. Problems not objectively measurable or clearly observable, such as excessive softening or loss of support, are almost never covered under warranty.

Sagging

The main complaint – by far – people have with their mattress is sagging, especially in regard to innerspring beds and to a lesser extent memory foam, latex and air mattresses.

Owner experience data suggests that even moderate sagging can and often does result in less comfort and support, and may cause pain, especially back pain.

As a result, mattress shoppers should pay special attention to how sagging issues are covered by the warranty. Most warranties will cover sagging only when the problem becomes severe.

For example, innerspring mattress warranties will often provide coverage for sagging beginning at a depth of 1.5 inches. By contrast, some memory foam and latex mattress warranties will provide coverage for sagging beginning at a depth of .75 inches.

Innerspring mattresses (because of sagging) and air beds (largely because of mechanical breakdowns) have the most warranty claims, according to our collected data.

In addition, our data shows that the more expensive a mattress is the more likely an owner will be to make a warranty claim if a problem arises. By contrast, the less expensive a mattress is the less likely an owner will be to use the warranty if a problem arises.

---

Making a warranty claim can be expensive to the mattress owner.

There can be a fee to have someone come to your home to inspect the condition of your mattress to determine if it is eligible for warranty coverage. If it is eligible, there will be a fee to take the defective mattress away and to ship a new or repaired mattress to you. Given the heavy weight of many mattresses today, this fee may be substantial.

In addition, depending on the age of the mattress and the warranty terms of proration, you may have to pay a percentage of the replacement or repair costs.

---

Beware: Non-prorated Vs Prorated Period
Many mattress owners realize too late that their warranty sounds more impressive than it actually is. For example, most airbeds have a 20-year warranty. This causes many owners to wrongly believe that if any manufacturer defect pops up in the next 20 years, the problem will be covered at little or no cost to them.

The whole story is that non-prorated coverage often ends after just a few years. If something goes wrong after this time, the owner will often need to pay at least 20% of repair costs.

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/m...mpare.html
http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/m...mmons.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeplikethedead
THE GOOD: Simmons Beautyrest mattresses are widely available and come in a variety of firmness and comfort levels to suit personal preference. Their pocketed coils provide above-average motion isolation and couple friendliness.

THE BAD: Beautyrest mattresses have questionable durability and longevity due to sagging and body impression development – as do innerspring mattresses in general.

In addition, Simmons currently has the lowest Better Business Bureau rating among major mattress manufacturers, with a C.

The Classic, which is the base model, has questionable longevity and durability.

At least 25% of Simmons Beautyrest owners report premature sagging. Models with a thick pillow top or thick comfort layer tend to have the most problem with premature sagging.

Firm Beautyrest models – models without a pillow top or much padding – tend to have somewhat fewer sagging complaints, but even they can prematurely sag.

A person's size and weight do not appear to be significant factors in regard to whether and how much a Beautyrest may sag.

On average, consumers report keeping their Simmons Beautyrest for about six years. Sagging and the resulting loss of comfort and or support is the chief reason owners replace their Beautyrest.

The prevention and reduction of pain – such as back, hip and shoulder pain – is generally not a long-term strength of innerspring mattresses in general. This is mainly because of premature sagging which includes the development of body impressions.

The Classic and Elite models both have a 10-year non-prorated warranty. The TruEnergy and Black models both have a 20-year warranty with the first 10 years non-prorated. Most complaints against the company are for warranty and product quality issues.


cpnfantstk 01-02-2013 09:03 AM

Anyone with any experience with the Tomahawk Firm?

cashmonkey 01-02-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weirdichi (Post 56537214)
Can someone elaborate on this as well? I don't want to go tot he "Twin Mattress Only" and choose a queen size only to find out that upon delivery I got a twin size.


I had a chat conversion with Rep regarding that.....

He said it doesn't really mean that.

I asked, if I ordered King would I receive King?

He said yes.. Lol



I ordered the:

King Simmons Beautyrest World Class Corita Plush Super Pillow Top Mattress Only
Add Premium Frame (+$69)

Choose Foundation:
Regular (+$299)


Total: $1,117.00

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF 01-02-2013 12:16 PM

i've never purchased a mattress online before...are they just going to pick some random day within the next 2-3 weeks to deliver, or do i set a date and time for them to come drop it off (e.g. like an appointment to set up your cable box)?

Shadowz 01-02-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF (Post 56559686)
i've never purchased a mattress online before...are they just going to pick some random day within the next 2-3 weeks to deliver, or do i set a date and time for them to come drop it off (e.g. like an appointment to set up your cable box)?

You will get an email from the delivery guys ~1 week after you order. They will call to confirm a time/date for delivery.

----

Bought a Corita Plush-Firm Full TODAY (1/2) for $549. Call them at 800-455-1052 and they will still honor the New Year's Eve prices (see first post). I was told by Cody they would honor them for the rest of the day (but not necessarily tomorrow, 1/3).

You can't buy it it online though, must be via phone. P.S. Their customer service is very helpful in picking out a bed.

squish 01-06-2013 06:16 PM

Does anyone know if ordering a memory foam king size and base (normally two small bases), could it fit in the back of a mini van?

I am trying to figure out if I can get it delivered to someone in SC as tax is charged in NC.

Thanks

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF 01-08-2013 11:34 AM

so does anyone know how long it should take for the mattress to be ready for delivery? mine says that it's being manufactured.

120 Minute Man 01-11-2013 03:04 PM

I ordered right before midnight on Jan. 1 and we had it delivered today. They called to schedule delivery on Tuesday morning and we were surprised that Friday was actually available on that short of notice.

iWatch 02-16-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstopfan (Post 56480098)
wow..amazing prices indeed.

Expect prices of traditional coil spring matresses to drop drastically in future.. Memory foam mattess market share is increasing and good ones are available in $300 - $500 range.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.


1999-2014