Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sealy Posturepedic Langley Plush Queen Mattress Set for $479.00 after $120 IR at Costco (http://slickdeals.net/f/5770472-sealy-posturepedic-langley-plush-queen-mattress-set-for-479-00-after-120-ir-at-costco)

Cheapo4Life 01-03-2013 07:53 AM

Sealy Posturepedic Langley Plush Queen Mattress Set for $479.00 after $120 IR at Costco

1 Attachment(s)
Been looking for a new mattress for a while since my husband has been complaining that me and my pregnant 3 month belly have been taking most of the space in our full size bed, idk how since I don't even have a belly yet :)...anyhow I saw on the Costco flyer last week that this bed was going on sale from $599 to $479 and it seems like a good price as I really didn't want to spend $1000 on a new mattress especially when ours is in still great condition. The only downside is that I don't see many reviews for the bed, even on the Costco website but it seems comfortable. Since we have to wait to purchase a queen size bed frame for it, we won't actually know if any good until then but I don't mind b/c another reason for purchasing there is Costco's great return policy. I already told my husband, we keep the plastic on it and no funny stuff until we know for sure :lol:

Deal expires on 1/27/2013 and only instore b/c online it's $579. It's an instant discount at the register, no coupon necessary. They had more than enough in the Yonkers, NY location.

http://www.costco.com/Sealy-Postu...17864.html

Our most popular mattress feel. The Langley Plush offers superior comfort and support in an exceptional tight top construction. Gently conforming memory foam infused with a unique cooling gel keeps you cool and comfortable while you sleep. The SitRight™ edge system reduces bounciness improves support and enhances stability. The Posturepedic® Titanium DSi™ innerspring provides the deep down support your body needs -- there's nothing old-fashioned about that. The Langley Plush is your sweet spot between "not too firm" and "not too soft".

Specifications:

•Mattress thickness: 12.5 in.
•Bed frame not included
•LiftRight™ Surround Handles
•Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 - Federal flammability
•Ten-Year non-prorated limited warranty covers manufacturer’s defects.
•Queen 2-pc Mattress Set dimensions: 60" W x 80" L x 21.5" H; Weight: 131 lbs.

Quilt Layers:

•Luxurious knit cover
•FlameGuard™ rayon fiber
•.75 in. Hypersoft®
•.75 in. Hypersoft®

Comfort Layers:

•1.5 in. SuperSoft SealyFoam®
•.5 in. Gel memory foam
•CoreSupport™ Center with gel memory foam

Support:

•Posturepedic® Titanium DSi™ Coil
•Coil Density 660
•SitRight™ edge system

Box Spring:

•StayTight™ foundation
•Box spring thickness: 9 in.

imposteroak 01-03-2013 08:27 AM

Nice deal... does anyone own one of these or can anyone give any input as to how good of a mattress this is?

grasspuppet 01-03-2013 12:13 PM

Is this an equivalent to the previous "Chapman" line they carried before?

Edit: It looks like it may be an equivalent updated version based on the specs from a previous thread

Chapman reviews
[costco.com]

Chapman Specifications:

Mattress thickness: 12.5"
Bed frame not included
LiftRight™ surround handles
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 - Federal Flammability (open flame) Standards
Ten-Year non-prorated limited warranty covers manufacturers defects.

King and Cal-King size mattress sets include 2-pc box spring

King 3-pc Mattress Set dimensions:
76" W x 80" L x 21.5" H
Weight: 175 lbs.
Coil density 840

Cal King 3-pc Mattress Set dimensions:
72" W x 84" L x 21.5" H
Weight: 175 lbs.
Coil density 832

Queen 2-pc Mattress Set dimensions:
60" W x 80" L x 21.5" H
Weight: 131 lbs.
Coil density 660

Quilt Layers:

Luxurious knit cover
FlameGuard™ rayon fiber
.75 in. Hypersoft®
.75 in. Hypersoft®
Comfort Layers:

1 in. SuperSoft SealyFoam®
1 in. Memory foam
CoreSupport™ center
Support:

Posturepedic Titanium DSi™ coil
SitRight™ edge system
Box Spring:

StayTight™ foundation
Box spring thickness: 9"

kowyzg0moo 01-05-2013 09:51 AM

Has anyone been able to find this on the West Coast?

pankajgambhir 01-06-2013 09:39 PM

Sorry, I am new to SD, when I click the below link, it's showing 579 after 120 discount? Were you able to find for 479 or 579? Thx a million!

Just now i see that you mentioned it's extra off in-store, let me call them, thx! is this same as tempurpedic?

morkman100 01-06-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowyzg0moo (Post 56640920)

Yeah. Both Costcos near me had it (Northridge and Pacoima).

Quote:

Originally Posted by pankajgambhir (Post 56671362)
Sorry, I am new to SD, when I click the below link, it's showing 579 after 120 discount? Were you able to find for 479 or 579? Thx a million!

Just now i see that you mentioned it's extra off in-store, let me call them, thx! is this same as tempurpedic?

It's a standard innerspring mattress with a standard memory foam and gel memory foam top. Temperpedic is all memory foam.

rumpletzer 01-06-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pankajgambhir (Post 56671362)

The Web site is showing you the price with shipping included. It's less expensive when you go to the store to pick it up.

It was the same way years ago when I bought my mattress from Costco.

scottman 01-06-2013 10:05 PM

I bought the chapman plush a few months ago. The only difference I see is that this has 1.5" sealy foam and 0.5" gel memory foam, whereas the older chapman has 1" sealy foam and 1" memory foam (non-gel). Both total to 2" foam. And the "core support center" doesn't list gel memory foam on the chapman. Other details appear the same. It uses the higher quality 2 stage individually wrapped titanium dsi coils, which are supposed to give more on the top and give more support the further they are compressed. Cheaper sealys usually have ss coils.

Assuming chapman reviews will be comparable for this: I like mine and think it was a great deal for the price, but be aware that it is more firm than a traditional plush from sealy. I would call this cushion firm. Other sealy plush feel like pillows. There is enough give in this though that your body is able to sink in at the right spots to reduce pressure points very similar to a full memory foam mattress.
These also have "sit right" which basically means the edge of the mattress is firm like hard foam encasing it. I don't see the use for it, and it is more of a nuisance to me. Mine had a manufacture date only a few days before I bought it, so I don't think these are overstocks or anything, and seem to move pretty quickly when they hit the warehouse floor. If they don't have them out on display, check up in the rafters, could be anywhere in the store. When I looked for something comparable at a mattress chain store, the closest model I could find in specs was ~$1000 but had 1 inch extra of foam. Sears and Macys seemed to carry the non-individually wrapped spring versions for ~$800 or more during a sale.

Am17 01-14-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapo4Life (Post 56579442)
Been looking for a new mattress for a while since my husband has been complaining that me and my pregnant 3 month belly have been taking most of the space in our full size bed, idk how since I don't even have a belly yet :)...anyhow I saw on the Costco flyer last week that this bed was going on sale from $599 to $479 and it seems like a good price as I really didn't want to spend $1000 on a new mattress especially when ours is in still great condition. The only downside is that I don't see many reviews for the bed, even on the Costco website but it seems comfortable. Since we have to wait to purchase a queen size bed frame for it, we won't actually know if any good until then but I don't mind b/c another reason for purchasing there is Costco's great return policy. I already told my husband, we keep the plastic on it and no funny stuff until we know for sure :lol:

Deal expires on 1/27/2013 and only instore b/c online it's $579. It's an instant discount at the register, no coupon necessary. They had more than enough in the Yonkers, NY location.

Our most popular mattress feel. The Langley Plush offers superior comfort and support in an exceptional tight top construction. Gently conforming memory foam infused with a unique cooling gel keeps you cool and comfortable while you sleep. The SitRight™ edge system reduces bounciness improves support and enhances stability. The Posturepedic® Titanium DSi™ innerspring provides the deep down support your body needs -- there's nothing old-fashioned about that. The Langley Plush is your sweet spot between "not too firm" and "not too soft".

Specifications:

•Mattress thickness: 12.5 in.
•Bed frame not included
•LiftRight™ Surround Handles
•Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 - Federal flammability
•Ten-Year non-prorated limited warranty covers manufacturer’s defects.
•Queen 2-pc Mattress Set dimensions: 60" W x 80" L x 21.5" H; Weight: 131 lbs.

Quilt Layers:

•Luxurious knit cover
•FlameGuard™ rayon fiber
•.75 in. Hypersoft®
•.75 in. Hypersoft®

Comfort Layers:

•1.5 in. SuperSoft SealyFoam®
•.5 in. Gel memory foam
•CoreSupport™ Center with gel memory foam

Support:

•Posturepedic® Titanium DSi™ Coil
•Coil Density 660
•SitRight™ edge system

Box Spring:

•StayTight™ foundation
•Box spring thickness: 9 in.

I'm in serious need of a new mattress right about now and was wondering what your overall review of this mattress might be. Now that you've had it for a week do you still consider yourself satisfied with it?

Am17 01-15-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morkman100 (Post 56671560)
Yeah. Both Costcos near me had it (Northridge and Pacoima).

It's a standard innerspring mattress with a standard memory foam and gel memory foam top. Temperpedic is all memory foam.

Quick question if you'd be willing to help answer it. Does this seem like a good deal, worthwhile? Would be my first mattress purchased on my own and sleep has become an invaluable commodity to myself, but still can't break the bank.

Cheapo4Life 01-15-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am17 (Post 56854122)
I'm in serious need of a new mattress right about now and was wondering what your overall review of this mattress might be. Now that you've had it for a week do you still consider yourself satisfied with it?

I'm sorry but we have been so busy we have yet to purchase a bed frame for it so we actually haven't slept on it yet. Since I am sooo cheap and refuse to jump into any decisions my husband is purchasing bed rails today in the mean time so we can finally try out mattresses until I find a good deal on a bed frame I like. I will post back next week and let you know since there is still 2 weeks left. Honestly, though the main reason I purchased from Costco was not only b/c I thought it was a good price but the amazing return policy. There is no time limit when you can return the bed so if a year after you purchased you realized you no longer want it, they will take it back, no problem. ;) Unless you can't be bothered in picking up and possibly having to return it, I just don't see how you can go wrong w/this deal.

Am17 01-15-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapo4Life (Post 56864944)
I'm sorry but we have been so busy we have yet to purchase a bed frame for it so we actually haven't slept on it yet. Since I am sooo cheap and refuse to jump into any decisions my husband is purchasing bed rails today in the mean time so we can finally try out mattresses until I find a good deal on a bed frame I like. I will post back next week and let you know since there is still 2 weeks left. Honestly, though the main reason I purchased from Costco was not only b/c I thought it was a good price but the amazing return policy. There is no time limit when you can return the bed so if a year after you purchased you realized you no longer want it, they will take it back, no problem. ;) Unless you can't be bothered in picking up and possibly having to return it, I just don't see how you can go wrong w/this deal.

I'm at Costco now actually. It feels great and will nevertheless be an upgrade, don't see how I can go wrong with this one

JackD121 01-15-2013 12:47 PM

Will the costco store deliver it? I don't have a truck.

Does anyone know how much they charge for local delivery ?

morkman100 01-15-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackD121 (Post 56866354)

If you are getting the Cal King, you can order it from the website for $100 more which includes delivery. In store, they offer delivery but it "starts" at $60 (at my Costco anyways). Only close by local delivery and not sure what the actually charge would be for a mattress.

morkman100 01-15-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am17 (Post 56863160)
Quick question if you'd be willing to help answer it. Does this seem like a good deal, worthwhile? Would be my first mattress purchased on my own and sleep has become an invaluable commodity to myself, but still can't break the bank.

Very happy with it. Went from a ultra plush mattress prior to it so it required a bit of getting used to.

You are getting a lot of mattress bang for your buck. For the Cal King, a very similar specs mattress at Macy's (during their lowest mattress price of the year sale) but WITHOUT the gel foam was $1600. The Costco one with the gel foam is $800. The queen is even a better deal since there is a coupon for it now for $600 - $120. Coupon is good for the Queen only.

SlidingBike 01-15-2013 01:12 PM

I bought Chapman CalKing set from Costco few months back for $599+tax. It has been good.
Its available only in the PLUSH trim. I was looking for Firm mattress before but went with PLUSH Chapman at costco. I was not wrong.. this Plush is quite good, not too squishy (like pillow top) and not too rocky flat..But well balanced.
If you are on the fence.. jump on to this bed...

Am17 01-15-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapo4Life (Post 56864944)

You're great for having posted this deal. I had to renew my Costco membership to buy it but it was well worth it. Apparently all of my past mattresses have been far too firm and this is a welcome change.

vidyasri 01-15-2013 07:04 PM

is there any good deals for king size pillows?

desertdish 01-15-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackD121 (Post 56866354)

Did you know you can rent an open flat-bed truck from Home Depot or Lowes for $20 for 90 minutes? It's a great deal!

By the way, we purchased two queen mattresses that Costco sold before switching to this brand. We LOVE them. They were around $500 each and worth every penny. Costco is FANTASTIC! By far, my favorite store...

jimx200 01-15-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowyzg0moo (Post 56640920)

YES, it's at Costco in Sacramento, Cal Expo store and looks very well made. I think I'm in on this queen set as it's definitely a high quality mattress.

cwindfwtx 01-16-2013 07:18 PM

A little over $500 out the door doesn't seem like it can be beat for what I'm getting. Will post back after I get a chance to actually sleep on it.... I'm going to play it safe and buy mattress bags in the event I ever have to return it.

Cheapo4Life 01-17-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am17 (Post 56875740)
You're great for having posted this deal. I had to renew my Costco membership to buy it but it was well worth it. Apparently all of my past mattresses have been far too firm and this is a welcome change.

Aaaww, no problem I've been a long time lurker for forever, always saving but really spending more than I should on this website :D so it's only right to pay it forward. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. I actually slept it on it for the 1st time last night and was a little skeptical after initially laying down b/c I felt I might be a little too firm than what we were used to. Let me tell you though and sorry if tmi but every night this baby wakes me up to use the bathroom and this was the first time I slept thru the WHOLE night! My husband also wakes up before me to go to work, I normally feel him getting out the bed and then when he sits on the edge to put his shoes on, I did not feel A THING this morning! So far so good....let's see how long it lasts :)

joyful238 01-17-2013 09:03 PM

Bought it tonight. Realized our bed frame doesn't expand to a queen so we have to buy a new one so for now it's on the floor. Will update later about how we like the mattress.

Schroedernd 01-17-2013 10:06 PM

I bought a Sealy mattress set similar to this a year ago from Costco. This is the 5th Sealy mattress I bought that has been horrible. Doesn't last a year without it caving in and becomes so uncomfortable it was ring my life. Finally switched to a foam mattress and life has been good.

scottman 01-17-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapo4Life (Post 56910322)
Aaaww, no problem I've been a long time lurker for forever, always saving but really spending more than I should on this website :D so it's only right to pay it forward. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. I actually slept it on it for the 1st time last night and was a little skeptical after initially laying down b/c I felt I might be a little too firm than what we were used to. Let me tell you though and sorry if tmi but every night this baby wakes me up to use the bathroom and this was the first time I slept thru the WHOLE night! My husband also wakes up before me to go to work, I normally feel him getting out the bed and then when he sits on the edge to put his shoes on, I did not feel A THING this morning! So far so good....let's see how long it lasts :)

That's the benefits of the individually wrapped coils (DSi) you're enjoying. Less motion transfer.

DealDialer 01-19-2013 06:44 PM

Chapman Queen was no good

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlidingBike (Post 56867016)
I bought Chapman CalKing set from Costco few months back for $599+tax. It has been good.
Its available only in the PLUSH trim. I was looking for Firm mattress before but went with PLUSH Chapman at costco. I was not wrong.. this Plush is quite good, not too squishy (like pillow top) and not too rocky flat..But well balanced.
If you are on the fence.. jump on to this bed...

We purchased Chapman Quuen set. These were no good. Very noticable sagging just after one month and we returned these back to Costco later.

sedonahiker 01-24-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morkman100 (Post 56866414)
If you are getting the Cal King, you can order it from the website for $100 more which includes delivery. In store, they offer delivery but it "starts" at $60 (at my Costco anyways). Only close by local delivery and not sure what the actually charge would be for a mattress.

Starting 1/31 - 2/24 the Cal King or King will be $160 off in store per their monthly flier. :)

morkman100 01-25-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedonahiker (Post 57109984)
Starting 1/31 - 2/24 the Cal King or King will be $160 off in store per their monthly flier. :)

Yeah, it's being talked about in the Costco Coupons starting Jan 31 thread.

I'm going to get the price match done once the coupon goes into effect.