Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Black & Decker Pruning Pole Chainsaw - NPP2018R / REFURB. w/ 2 Year Warranty $49.99 fs @ ebay via B&D (http://slickdeals.net/e/5771352-black-decker-pruning-pole-chainsaw-npp2018r-refurb-w-2-year-warranty-49-99-fs-ebay-via-b-d)

Cookie21 01-03-2013 02:47 PM

Black & Decker Pruning Pole Chainsaw - NPP2018R / REFURB. w/ 2 Year Warranty $49.99 fs @ ebay via B&D

1 Attachment(s)
Black & Decker Pruning Pole Chainsaw - NPP2018R [ebay.com]

Product Description:

The ultra-efficient 18V cordless pole pruner has enough run time to cut up to 100 1-1/2 in. branches per charge.

The 39 in. extension bar lets users reach up to 14 feet and cut high branches without having to climb up on a ladder.

An 8" cutting bar and chain allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6".

Innovative rust-proof fiberglass sections inter-lock to provide a strong, secure connection.

User-friendly design makes chain adjustment and replacement quick and easy.

Soft grip handle provides added comfort during use.

Instantly starts every time with the pull of a trigger.

Ideal for: pruning overhead tree branches up to 14' high without the hassles of ladders or step stools

Includes: (1) Pruning Saw, (1) Mid-section Extension, (1) Battery, (1) Charger, (1) Guard Blade, (1) Storage Bag, 2 Year Warranty

Discombobulated 01-03-2013 02:47 PM

18-Volt Black & Decker Pruning Pole Chainsaw (Refurbished NPP2018R) $50 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
Black & Decker via eBay has 18-Volt Black & Decker Pruning Pole Chainsaw (Refurbished NPP2018R) on sale for $49.99. Shipping is free. Thanks Cookie21

Includes
  • Pruning Saw
  • Mid-section Extension
  • Battery
  • Charger
  • Guard Blade
  • Storage Bag
  • 2-Year Warranty

wikipost 01-03-2013 02:47 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

OOS as of 0215 PT

ciswt 01-03-2013 03:56 PM

Won't ship to Hawaii it seems ...

tukwok 01-03-2013 09:52 PM

I got 2 last time. For less than half the price of new this refurb is a great value. Idiots = Those who TD this as not a good price and not explaining or producing a better deal. If you order these be sure to assemble and feel if the joints are loose. Although the 2 refurb sets I got looked practically new, the joints securely screwed tight wobbled like a loose tooth and "fish poled" more than I would expect to be safe. Contacting B&D through the ebay listing, they sent me prepaid return shipping labels and new sets 2 weeks later.

FYI you can connect more than one middle extension. You just have to use extra care in handling it by using tree trunk and the limbs you're cutting as support to avoid straining the joints.

67L88Stingray 01-03-2013 10:01 PM

Great tool at a great price. I got one of these over a year ago and have used it a ton and never skipped a beat. Cuts much better than expected and battery even though not lithium ion lasts enough for most jobs. I paid $90 for a new one plus a bonus battery on amazon, and that is the best it has ever been for a new one, so if you don't mind the refurb this is a great deal.

myklup 01-03-2013 10:53 PM

I may buy one just for the extra pole, since last I checked it goes for about the same price as this whole unit

i just picked up the cultivator because.. why not?

daveleone 01-03-2013 11:03 PM

Bought one! I've been waiting for about 6 months (since my Remington one broke) for a good deal on a pole saw. Thanks, OP!

zexze 01-03-2013 11:14 PM

$49.99 + tax to AZ

Big Smooth 01-03-2013 11:14 PM

Nice deal. I need a pole saw and have some old B&D 18V tools/batteries lying around, so this is perfect for me. Thanks OP.

I_see_deals 01-03-2013 11:15 PM

using battery kills deal for me.
I prefer the elect ones

tukwok 01-03-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myklup (Post 56607624)
I may buy one just for the extra pole, since last I checked it goes for about the same price as this whole unit

i just picked up the cultivator because.. why not?

Not to mention a replacement chain and bar, saw motor, another battery and charger, and that long duffle bag that could be for other uses.

scottman 01-03-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tukwok (Post 56606590)
FYI you can connect more than one middle extension. You just have to use extra care in handling it by using tree trunk and the limbs you're cutting as support to avoid straining the joints.

That would actually be useful to me, but I'm sure that would void any warranty not to mention increase the chances it will come crashing down and slice my head open.

Darkflight 01-03-2013 11:17 PM

My dad and I got one of these just under 2 years ago. It's very helpful and cuts better than one expects. For $50 thats an awesome price... I just need more batteries...

hobojon 01-03-2013 11:20 PM

The 18v b&d batteries interchange with the dewalt.

Mike A. 01-03-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_see_deals (Post 56608108)
I prefer the elect ones

The one that I have is corded but I can see a big advantage to getting rid of the cord. It's a pain in the ass when you've got limbs down and it's constantly getting tangled up. Assuming that it's got enough guts to get the job done anyway,

One detail that you should be aware of with these pole saws is that the max height assumes your own height included in the measure. That is, if it says 14 feet then they're assuming that ~5 - 6 feet of that is you. You'll also lose some of that height to angle since you really don't want to stand directly under what you're cutting.

Handy tools overall though. I've gotten a lot of use out of mine.

tukwok 01-03-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottman (Post 56608122)
That would actually be useful to me, but I'm sure that would void any warranty not to mention increase the chances it will come crashing down and slice my head open.

I speak from firsthand experience. As long as you don't alter or modify the their product, the warranty will still be valid and they shouldn't suspect otherwise. As I mentioned in the past-
Even with the additional tongue(male) meant to fit the groove(female) of the saw section and the lack of the groove on the other end I was able to lightly force 2 extensions together. Even more effort will be needed in balancing and handling it. A potential concern may be that the male and female connection points of each assembly could get worn and break from the added stress. I attempted this later and thus was not any cause of the wiggle/ sag concern mentioned earlier.

I've used it several times and there isn't an impression of the tongue(male) where there shouldn't be. The chainsaw stops near instantly when the trigger is no longer pulled. Besides to safely prune with a pole saw you're never to be directly under the cut or where the limb will fall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobojon (Post 56608158)
The 18v b&d batteries interchange with the dewalt.

Perhaps the B&D Firestorm 18V batteries [ebay.com] but not these 18V slide batteries.

Bizill 01-04-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zexze (Post 56608092)
$49.99 + tax to AZ

No doubt. If it weren't for my few ebay bucks to offset tax, it would have been just enough for me to walk away. Only need this for 1 cut! So, that's a $50 something cut. But it's a damned 3 in Palo Verde in the midst of my prickly pear. No other way to get to it.

Cookie21 01-04-2013 12:42 AM

have one (use it rarely - but it gets the job done w/flying colors!) got it new - paid over $100 :( / great tool! ;)

just got another one - for extra reach and battery and chain! :rock:

dcobb 01-04-2013 12:58 AM

I'm very tempted to get this, if for nothing else when the zombie apocalypse comes, and it will come...

Bizill 01-04-2013 02:13 AM

It's 'a comin'... and since ammo is already scarce, trust me, I've been searching for bulk, then this will have to do in a pinch. I'll at least be able to keep them at bay, er, 14 feet's-length away. Remember, go for the brains. This cuts up to 6". That'll git 'r done.:woot:

esskay 01-04-2013 02:16 AM

Dammit. Went out of stock just as I was checking out... :X

Thx anyway OP, good deal.

smikwily 01-04-2013 02:25 AM

Same. Sold out while checking it out. Thanks any how, Op!

ETP 01-04-2013 02:26 AM

Dead and I was going to order two.

speedlady 01-05-2013 11:05 AM

Says listing has ended

Dead i think

Slickone_ 01-05-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_see_deals (Post 56608108)
I prefer the elect ones

Same here. Like I need yet another item to have to keep charged, and an expensive battery to have to replace when it goes bad (which won't be long). Considering how often this would be used, there's no reason for it to not be AC powered.

myklup 01-05-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickone_ (Post 56644326)
Same here. Like I need yet another item to have to keep charged, and an expensive battery to have to replace when it goes bad (which won't be long). Considering how often this would be used, there's no reason for it to not be AC powered.

Unless of course your trees are further away from your house than your longest extension cord.

To be fair I did once bring a generator to the end of my driveway to use my electric leafblower.

Slickone_ 01-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myklup (Post 56645372)
Unless of course your trees are further away from your house than your longest extension cord.

To be fair I did once bring a generator to the end of my driveway to use my electric leafblower.

If it's that far from your house, why bother cutting it? :)
FYI, I do realize there still might be a good reason to need to cut those.

timtim2008 02-01-2013 09:18 AM

is this a good saw? or is it just cheap plastic?