Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   16-pack Larabar Fruit and Nut Food Bars: Coconut Cream Pie $13.50, Apple Pie $14, Cherry Pie $14, Banana Bread $14, Carrot Cake $12 & More (http://slickdeals.net/f/5781784-16-pack-larabar-fruit-and-nut-food-bars-coconut-cream-pie-13-50-apple-pie-14-cherry-pie-14-banana-bread-14-carrot-cake-12-amp-more)

calistyle 01-04-2013 08:28 PM

16-pack Larabar Fruit and Nut Food Bars: Coconut Cream Pie $13.50, Apple Pie $14, Cherry Pie $14, Banana Bread $14, Carrot Cake $12 & More

65510 Attachment(s)
UPDATE: The Larabar coupon is no longer available. Pure Bar deals still available.

Amazon has various Nutrition Bars on sale. Clip the coupon found on the product page to get the prices listed below.

yuugotserved 01-04-2013 08:28 PM

16-pack Larabar Fruit and Nut Food Bars: Coconut Cream Pie $13.50, Apple Pie $14, Cherry Pie $14, Banana Bread $14, Carrot Cake $12 & More

1 Attachment(s)
Amazon also has 16-pack Larabar Fruit and Nut Food Bars on sale when you checkout with Subscribe & Save + clip 35% off coupon on product pages.Free shipping with Prime (free student accounts available) or if you spend $25 or more. Use slick fillers to find other eligible items to help reach the $25 requirement. Thanks calistyle

Prices after discountNote, must be logged into your account. You may cancel your subscribe & save subscription any time after your order ships.

wikipost 01-04-2013 08:28 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

UPDATE: The Larabar coupon is no longer available. Pure Bar deals still available.

----the sugar comes from dates. and is much healthier than the popular 'sugar free' things that are full of chemicals. or even 'low sugar' things that use high fructose corn syrup and then partial chemical to cut back on the corn syrup. learn to read past the nutrition label. avocados are high in fat, but it's a healthy fat that raises good cholesterol and can lower bad cholesterol. dates and fruits are healthy sugars which have fiber and nutrients that are good, and help slow down the intake of the sugar. vs super refined sugars in candy bars.

---Uh, some of these have chocolate which isn't exactly the healthiest sugars out there. These really are high in sugar, they are not targeting health conscious consumers with names like Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Pie.

---To stick with only natural sugar (from the dates and other fruits), buy one of the MANY flavors that do not contain chocolate CHIPS. (Those are the only ones that add any sugar.)

----seriously. if you don't like eating any type of sugar what do you call a healthy (sweet) snack? ingr list for coconut (they just try and make the name sound super to try and compete with junk food). "Dates, Coconut (Unsweetened), Almonds, Cashew, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil"
apple pie "Dates, walnuts, unsweetened apples, almonds, raisins and cinnamon."
the only thing healthier is eating a fresh apple. (which has sugar btw)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

adalau 01-04-2013 10:22 PM

Awesome. The Larabar coupon is different than the Pure bar coupon so you can do one S&S with a coupon for each type of bar on one amazon account.

Processing... 01-05-2013 01:41 PM

nice post, thanks and repped!

Nate650 01-05-2013 02:01 PM

Good deal. Seems the non-organic ones are less processed than the organic ones.

DrDavid 01-05-2013 02:13 PM

You can only use coupon once?

Nate650 01-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDavid (Post 56646554)

Yea, I realized that after I ordered. :(

BlueBeard 01-05-2013 03:59 PM

Wish they sold a variety pack. I bought a box of the chocolate chip brownie, and it is pretty good (never tried it before then)- glad to have them around when I need a gluten-free snack, but mixing it up without buying a whole box of each would be nice.

Maleficent 01-05-2013 05:21 PM

Thanks Cali, I love these! :repped:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDavid (Post 56646554)

Per account... ;)

hleapha 01-05-2013 07:18 PM

I bought the Banana Bread one but I would have liked to use the coupon multiple times on one FSSS order to try out some of the others. Never had these before, but eat a breakfast bar every morning. Usually Nature Valley stuff.

Dominick_7 01-05-2013 09:49 PM

As a heads up, which I posted one other time about this, Larabar supports the nefarious Monsanto and financially fought against labeling GMOs..

euwil 01-05-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominick_7 (Post 56654258)
As a heads up, which I posted one other time about this, Larabar supports the nefarious Monsanto and financially fought against labeling GMOs..

Also, be sure to try a bar before you buy them in quantity. They are hit or miss with people. Personally, I think they are disgusting and don't know anyone who likes them. :eek:

Mellorine 01-05-2013 11:18 PM

Not sure if I should buy, recent reviews claims the bars have mold on them :\

studboy 01-05-2013 11:52 PM

Yeah, I pass after looking at the customer photos and gross out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer...isremote=0

Cubeeless 01-06-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studboy (Post 56655628)
Yeah, I pass after looking at the customer photos and gross out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer...isremote=0

I just wanted to order.

And then that picture.. NO thx

calimom 01-06-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'll pass on their products.

slicetank 01-06-2013 01:41 AM

In for a box of Apple Pie, THX op.

ponie2kool 01-06-2013 02:36 AM

Coconut cream pie eh?

Pantalaimon 01-06-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

oh wow... who wold have thought??? thanks for the info, i'll cancel my order.

topa 01-06-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

yup, evil corps. suck! ...and beware of agave syrup--not a "safe" sweetener--believe it naturally has more fructose than corn syrup[believe it's corn syrup, or some other stuff that is very high in fructose]. ...gonna make my own bars

topa 01-06-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantalaimon (Post 56656534)
oh wow... who wold have thought??? thanks for the info, i'll cancel my order.

yup, big money killed that gmo labeling bill , against overwhelming popular support, before barrage of their false,alarmist commercial campaigns

calistyle 01-06-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

I searched but was unable to find your previous post on this topic. Anyway, if you have a problem with Larabar, then you really have a problem with General Mills... Larabar is part of the General Mills family of brands.

maltboy 01-06-2013 06:05 AM

What happened to Subscribe and Save? It's not showing up for me.

bluedevils 01-06-2013 06:15 AM

seemed yesterday like some of the flavors had Subscribe & Save available but some did not.

SlickDealJosh 01-06-2013 06:23 AM

FYI: Larabar (owned by General Mills, which has contributed $520,000 to defeat proposition 37)

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036834...z2HCnF86FD

drktrpr 01-06-2013 06:40 AM

Yeah I also stopped eating these (which sucked cause they were great for travel) when they supported fighting against prop 37.

This infographic is pretty handy imho so you can tell who is organic and who is "big organic":

http://www.mnn.com/sites/default/...raphic.jpg

/getting off my soap box
//also have to watch out for GMO soy in vegetarian stuff

drktrpr 01-06-2013 06:55 AM

Good infographic to tell who is organic and who is "big organic"

dnandeals 01-06-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info - you've convinced me to buy some. You know, since labeling harmless GMOs is idiotic and all.

meeko184 01-06-2013 07:17 AM

would not classify as a "nutrition" bar

jwil 01-06-2013 07:41 AM

Me too, I'm in for a box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnandeals (Post 56657978)
Thanks for the info - you've convinced me to buy some. You know, since labeling harmless GMOs is idiotic and all.

Somehow buying Lara bars turned into a political discussion.

acmewidgets 01-06-2013 07:46 AM

I used to love these, but.....they shrank the size of the bars by about 1/3 and didn't shrink the price so I stopped buying them.

SlickDealJosh 01-06-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drktrpr (Post 56657908)

Good infographic to tell who is organic and who is "big organic"

+1. Great graphic thanks for sharing!

tdks23 01-06-2013 09:24 AM

Wow, I did not realize Larabar and several other of those companies like Silk and others supported Monsanto. I guess we should vote with our wallets and start buying products from those businesses that supported Prop 37.

yeah_okay 01-06-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnandeals (Post 56657978)

It's not the genetic modifications that a lot of people are fighting against, but the way some companies use genetic modifications to claim ownership of biological organisms and use that ownership to financially devastate others.

doodlebug1 01-06-2013 09:42 AM

deal is dead

WeepingAngels 01-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickDealJosh (Post 56657592)
FYI: Larabar (owned by General Mills, which has contributed $520,000 to defeat proposition 37)

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036834...z2HCnF86FD

You convinced me not to buy. Thanks.

freaknasty 01-06-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

thanks for the info repped and putting the gun back in the holster

z3niMAGiNE 01-06-2013 10:22 AM

I just received my box of chocolate chip brownie from the last front page deal.

I'm having trouble figuring out why they named them chocolate chip brownie because they look, taste, and smell like human poop. Honest to God- human poop. I'm just leaving this comment to warn people (like myself) who haven't tried them. Also if you have a human poop alert, these are a pretty good deal.

voldermort 01-06-2013 10:25 AM

whats all the hype with these?

Eyesparkle 01-06-2013 11:11 AM

Currently, only carrot cake and chocolate mint are left with S&S + 35% off.

staplebox 01-06-2013 11:21 AM

You crazy Californians and all your propositions.

Lara bars taste good and cheap Lara bars taste even better.

Rokket 01-06-2013 12:30 PM

Folks, here's a link to my earlier KIND fruit + nut thread - the deal is still active, so perhaps this might help someone. I personally prefer KIND bars to Larabars, as I don't like the mushiness of Larabars (but that's me, others may disagree).

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/87110/amazon.com-12pack-of-kind-fruit-nut-bars-apple-cinnamon-pecan-peanut-butter-strawberry-cherry-almond

jamestkirk 01-06-2013 02:53 PM

where can i buy labrador bar?

MrLateNite 01-06-2013 03:52 PM

Note that many people are reporting receiving these moldy and that there is too much water content in them without preservatives and they are molding from Amazon supplies. Not sure if it's all of them or just some of them, but a lot of recent complaints.

kazulin 01-06-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calistyle (Post 56665630)
What a cheap shot.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop politicizing this thread... It's really starting to consume the the thread at this point, which is just supposed to be a deal for some bars. Thanks.

You mad brah

calistyle 01-06-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazulin (Post 56667114)
You mad brah

No, I'm okay. Thanks.

Padmakumara 01-06-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeko184 (Post 56658178)
would not classify as a "nutrition" bar

Agree, when you start putting chocolate in these and have names like Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Pie, it's obvious they are not targeting health conscious consumers. May as well eat a Snickers or chocolate cupcake. And what's with the comment in the Wiki? These really are high in sugar and chocolate is not one of the healthy sugars.

The Kind Fruit & Nut bars OTOH are a different story. No crap incredients like chocolate in those. Those bars really are all natural and are really good. Glad I got in on that deal last week.

actorBrad 01-06-2013 06:12 PM

Bought 3 boxes! :yummy: Thanks!

walterbyrd 01-06-2013 06:33 PM

I am not able to get this deal. I clip the coupon, but it still shows $19 something in the cart.

actorBrad 01-06-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterbyrd (Post 56669338)
I am not able to get this deal. I clip the coupon, but it still shows $19 something in the cart.

Which flavor did you try? ... The coupon is only valid on certain flavors.

walterbyrd 01-06-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actorBrad (Post 56669426)
Which flavor did you try? ... The coupon is only valid on certain flavors.

Carrot cake. The coupon was there, I clipped it, but I am not seeing the discount. I am also not seeing free shipping.

I have tried this about half a dozen times.

Maleficent 01-06-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenq (Post 56667310)
Agree, when you start putting chocolate in these and have names like Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Pie, it's obvious they are not targeting health conscious consumers. May as well eat a Snickers or chocolate cupcake. And what's with the comment in the Wiki? These really are high in sugar and chocolate is not one of the healthy sugars.

The Kind Fruit & Nut bars OTOH are a different story. No crap incredients like chocolate in those. Those bars really are all natural and are really good. Glad I got in on that deal last week.

Are you retarded? Did you even look at the ingredients?

Apple Pie Ingredients:
Dates, walnuts, unsweetened apples, almonds, raisins and cinnamon.

Coconut Cream Pie Ingredients:
Dates, Coconut (Unsweetened), Almonds, Cashew, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Snickers Bar Ingredients:

MILK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR, COCOA BUTTER, CHOCOLATE, SKIM MILK, LACTOSE, MILKFAT, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR), PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, MILKFAT, SKIM MILK, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, LACTOSE, SALT, EGG WHITES, CHOCOLATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. MAY CONTAIN ALMONDS

How the hell do you even consider that remotely comparable to a snickers bar or chocolate cake?! :rofl2:

New_World 01-06-2013 07:05 PM

these bars are actually pretty good.
never tried them til recently.

I am a HUGE cliff bar fan...I've got about $60 worth of cliff bars in my cabinet. LOL
they are fattening but when I'm on the go at work i need carbs and calories! (its an "energy" bar...duh)

New_World 01-06-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maleficent (Post 56669816)
Are you retarded? Did you even look at the ingredients?

Apple Pie Ingredients:
Dates, walnuts, unsweetened apples, almonds, raisins and cinnamon.

Coconut Cream Pie Ingredients:
Dates, Coconut (Unsweetened), Almonds, Cashew, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Snickers Bar Ingredients:

MILK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR, COCOA BUTTER, CHOCOLATE, SKIM MILK, LACTOSE, MILKFAT, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR), PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, MILKFAT, SKIM MILK, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, LACTOSE, SALT, EGG WHITES, CHOCOLATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. MAY CONTAIN ALMONDS

How the hell do you even consider that remotely comparable to a snickers bar or chocolate cake?! :rofl2:

+1.
natural sugar from fruit is not the same as the sugar in chocolate, corn syrup, ect.

some of the luna bars do have chocolate chips, but still in a totally different ball park than a snickers bar.

Kristin 01-06-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Agree, when you start putting chocolate in these and have names like Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Pie, it's obvious they are not targeting health conscious consumers. May as well eat a Snickers or chocolate cupcake.

You can't be serious. :facepalm: My guess is you've never ventured into a health food store, let alone bothered to look at the ingredients of these products. Please stop before you hurt yourself.

actorBrad 01-06-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterbyrd (Post 56669450)
Carrot cake. The coupon was there, I clipped it, but I am not seeing the discount. I am also not seeing free shipping.

I have tried this about half a dozen times.

The free shipping happens when you click the "Subscribe and Save" option. And then, on the final order page, the order total on the right side of the page should read "$11.94."

Maleficent 01-06-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New_World (Post 56669920)
+1.
natural sugar from fruit is not the same as the sugar in chocolate, corn syrup, ect.

some of the luna bars do have chocolate chips, but still in a totally different ball park than a snickers bar.

Yes, exactly. People should be looking at the origin of the numbers seen on a nutrition label, not just the numbers themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristin (Post 56669944)
You can't be serious. :facepalm: My guess is you've never ventured into a health food store, let alone bothered to look at the ingredients of these products. Please stop before you hurt yourself.

:lol:

garrett1230 01-06-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

A lot of the Lara Bars are made with only fruit and nuts. Just because they have names like Apple Pie doesn't make them bad for you. In fact, the apple pie's ingredients are Dates, walnuts, unsweetened apples, almonds, raisins and cinnamon. For the life of me, I don't know how you can say that's the same thing as eating a Snickers bar.

I also don't understand how you can say they aren't targeting health conscious consumers. All of Lara Bars labels and product descriptions state, "Made from 100% whole food; Each flavor contains no more than eight ingredients; Uncooked and unprocessed retaining the essential enzymes and are Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, non-gmo, vegan, and kosher.

And last, some of your ultra healthy Kind Fruit & Nut bars also have "crap ingredients" that you were mentioning. In particular, Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, and Dark Chocolate Cherry and Cashew. I guess you can try and rationalize that dark chocolate is healthy, but it still contains sugar, palm oil, etc.

Sorry for the rant, but you just packed so much incorrect information in your post...:confused:

jawshoeaw 01-06-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voldermort (Post 56660946)
whats all the hype with these?

They're an incredibly expensive way to eat healthy fruits and nuts. :) Dates are about $3/pound and almonds are about $6 and Larabars cost between $8 and $12/lb. Fresh fruit/veg costs $0.50 to $2/lb. So you are paying 3-4 times the cost of just buying food.

That said, this is the only convenience food I know that can have its ingredients depicted by simple images.

What does fractionated palm kernel oil look like? :D

But I'd rather eat a snickers - their ingredients are OK except the artificial flavor - they have protein in them, and cost about 1/3 of a Larabar.

topa 01-07-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calistyle (Post 56665630)
What a cheap shot. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop politicizing this thread... It's really starting to consume the the thread at this point, which is just supposed to be a deal for some bars. Thanks.

although i dont care for the mean/personal attacks, fanatical responses*[unless they're funny], that IS the kind of info. that i want to see in a thread, too. who cares about saving a couple of bucks if supporting that leads to the further destruction the small farmer, and the whole dang planet, which IS the real threat of gmo's. [*that guy who personally attacked u 1st was out of line and self-righteous, then became more ludicrous] we make the best choices we can. and sometimes our choice is between this junk, or a worser junk

doodlebug1 01-07-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

did you even look at the ingr list? yes, some have chocolate chips, some people are ok with a little indulgence from time to time. if you don't want that get one of the others.
apple pie "Dates, walnuts, unsweetened apples, almonds, raisins and cinnamon."
coconut "Dates, Coconut (Unsweetened), Almonds, Cashew, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil"
PBJ "Dates, Peanuts, Cherries (Unsweetened), Salt"
carrot cake "Dates, Almonds, Walnut (Juglans Regia), Raisins, Pineapple, Unsweetened Coconut, Carrots, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Cassia) , Extra Virgin Coconut Oil"
cherry pie "Dates, almonds and unsweetened cherries."

yes, it does have some sugar, unlike a bar that was almost all nuts. this is a nut and fruit bar. and sugars from fruit are good sugars. understandable if you don't want a sweet bar. but don't compare it to a cupcake with white flour, and super processed white sugar, and if retail hydrogenated oil, and powder sugar frosting

edit: just looked up a kind bar, almond apricot yogurt " Almonds, yogurt compound [sugar, palm kernel oil, skim milk powder, skim yogurt powder, soy lecithin], dried coconut, apricot [apricot paste, glycerol (vegetable based), pectin, citrus fiber, citric acid], honey, non GMO glucose, puffed rice, chicory fiber, soy lecithin."
17g sugar
apple cinnamon pecan 13 g sugar " Dried apple, almonds, cashews, pecans, raisins, honey, non GMO glucose, crisp rice, chicory fiber, flax seed, soy lecithin, cinnamon."
while it's ok. i would rather it be sweetened by dates than glucose. and as you can see, some of them have sugar too (like in the choc chips of the larabars)

walterbyrd 01-07-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actorBrad (Post 56669978)
The free shipping happens when you click the "Subscribe and Save" option. And then, on the final order page, the order total on the right side of the page should read "$11.94."

Nope, I'm $19 something. I have clicked the coupon, but it does not seem to work.

Also the original post did not mention having to order "subscribe and save" to get free shipping.

walterbyrd 01-07-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterbyrd (Post 56678164)
Nope, I'm $19 something. I have clicked the coupon, but it does not seem to work.

Also the original post did not mention having to order "subscribe and save" to get free shipping.

Okay, I got it. Not sure why I had so much trouble.

maltboy 01-07-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3niMAGiNE (Post 56660868)
they look, taste, and smell like human poop. Honest to God- human poop.

So, is human feces a normal part of your diet? Thanks, but I think I'll get a second opinion. [slowly backs out of the room]

sleepybubba 01-07-2013 09:27 AM

Dead... made me drool over :(

calistyle 01-07-2013 09:52 AM

cmpe 01-07-2013 03:29 PM

Got the chocolate chip brownie one today. Not a big fan of the taste although it doesn't taste bad.

Personally, I prefer the Kashi baked chocolate squares.

actorBrad 01-09-2013 12:40 AM

Got the first box today (Carrot Cake) ... Expiration date is 18 OCT 2013 ... Moist and Delicious!! :yummy:

actorBrad 01-09-2013 02:02 PM

Second box came in today (Cherry Pie) ... Expiration date is 19 OCT 2013 ... The taste is AMAZINGLY GOOD!! :drool:

hikuro 01-10-2013 12:07 AM

12 Pure Bars for 13.15 + FS

1 Attachment(s)
Simply clip the coupon located here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/p...2KQKZTMYTA and choose a flavor(or a variety pack for slightly more) and choose subscribe and save for free shipping. If you don't like to abuse subscribe and save it comes out to $14.05, still a good deal, and it qualifies for fsss.

actorBrad 01-10-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hikuro (Post 56753016)
Simply clip the coupon located here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/p...2KQKZTMYTA and choose a flavor(or a variety pack for slightly more) and choose subscribe and save for free shipping. If you don't like to abuse subscribe and save it comes out to $14.05, still a good deal, and it qualifies for fsss.

(That's for the Pure Bars, of course ...not the Larabars.)