Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Athletic Footwear 50% Off: Nike Lunar Forever $41, Nike Air Max 2012 $85, Adidas Samba $32.50, Adidas Dragon $32.50, Asics Gel-Kayano 18 $72.50 & More + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5785296-athletic-footwear-50-off-nike-lunar-forever-41-nike-air-max-2012-85-adidas-samba-32-50-adidas-dragon-32-50-asics-gel-kayano-18-72-50-amp-more-free-shipping)

pocho 01-07-2013 05:30 AM

Athletic Footwear 50% Off: Nike Lunar Forever $41, Nike Air Max 2012 $85, Adidas Samba $32.50, Adidas Dragon $32.50, Asics Gel-Kayano 18 $72.50 & More + Free Shipping
 
9 Attachment(s)
Nordstrom.com Nike men's shoes on sale at 50% off, limited sizes, see below.
Enjoy FREE Standard Shipping and returns on orders of every size.



Nike 'Free Trainer' Training Shoe (Men) - $44.98
UNIVERSITY RED/ WHITE sizes 6.5, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 10, 14, 15
BLACK/ SILVER/ BLUE/ VOLT sizes 8, 8.5, 10, 14
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Free Trainer 5.0 TB' Training Shoe (Men) - $44.98
GREY/ WHITE/ COLLEGE NAVY sizes 8, 14
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Free Run+ 3 LAF' Running Shoe (Men) - $52.49
BLACK/ SILVER/ MAIZE/ VOLT sizes 8, 8.5, 10.5, 12, 14
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Free Run+ 3' Running Shoe (Men) - $49.98
RED/ BLACK/ PLATINUM/ BLACK size 13
VOLT/ SILVER/ ANTHRACITE size 14
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Free Trainer 7.0' Training Shoe (Men) - $49.98
DARK GREY/ SILVER/ WHITE/BLACK size 8
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Air Pegasus+ 29' Running Shoe (Men) - $49.98
GREY/ BLACK/ VOLT/ VOLT sizes 8, 8.5, 9.5, 10, 13
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Lunar Forever' Running Shoe (Men) - $40.98
GREY/ BLACK/ ROYAL sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Air Royal Mid' Sneaker (Men) - $54.98
ANTHRACITE/ ANTHRACITE sizes 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 10.5
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nike-...sultback=0

Nike 'Air Max+ 2012' Running Shoe (Men) - $84.98
ROYAL/ SILVER/ GREEN/ WHITE sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9.5, 10, 10.5
VOLT/ BLACK/ WHITE sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, 10, 10.5, 13
WHITE/ ORANGE/ PLATINUM/BLACK sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, 14
BLACK/ PURE PLATINUM/ BLACK sizes 8, 8.5
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nike-...sultback=0

daisybeetle 01-07-2013 05:30 AM

Athletic Footwear 50% Off: Nike Lunar Forever $41, Nike Air Max 2012 $85, Adidas Samba $32.50, Adidas Dragon $32.50, Asics Gel-Kayano 18 $72.50 & More + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
Nordstrom.com has Select Nike Men's Athletic Footwear 50% Off. Shipping is free. Thanks pocho

Note, sizes are selling quickly, availability may vary.Nordstrom.com also has Select Adidas Men's Athletic Footwear up to 50% Off. Shipping is free. Thanks NHL22 [Discuss]Nordstrom.com also has Asics Gel-Kayano 18 Running Shoe for $72.47. Shipping is free. Thanks bunsu14 [Discuss]The following is now out of stock:

LMD1510 01-07-2013 06:44 AM

Thx, picked up the Trainer 5.0s

dre9812002 01-07-2013 06:48 AM

Good deals, but 9.5 is gone in nearly every model. Thanks for posting.

Woo 01-07-2013 06:55 AM

Hey ladies. I wear a size 14. Just sayin'.

DonRSD 01-07-2013 06:59 AM

Size 13 is a popular size, yet most stores dont carry more than 5 of that size.

ARGH

I wanted these
Nike 'Free Run+ 3' Running Shoe (Men) - $49.98
RED/ BLACK/ PLATINUM/ BLACK size 13

slicksder 01-07-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre9812002 (Post 56676266)
Good deals, but 9.5 is gone in nearly every model. Thanks for posting.

That's my shoe size as well. Its the most common I think.

dandaman1219 01-07-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woo (Post 56676370)
Hey ladies. I wear a size 14. Just sayin'.

Size 15 here :D

RobertChojnacki 01-07-2013 07:10 AM

Great price on the AirMax+

stasis 01-07-2013 07:21 AM

ASICS® 'GEL-Kayano® 18' Running Shoe (Men) [nordstrom.com] $72.47

geminimagk 01-07-2013 07:27 AM

great deal. my husband wears those max's exclusively and we always pay full price b/c they're so hard to find on sale! i bought 3 pairs!

lambdasig86 01-07-2013 07:42 AM

slick - and good sizes still available! Thanks OP!

chapster 01-07-2013 07:52 AM

In for one, Thanks OP

FreeBaGeL 01-07-2013 07:56 AM

Anyone have experience with the Nike Air Max+ for running?

frank10b 01-07-2013 08:07 AM

too high a price, u can get these for 20 at marshalls

MusicsAllWeGot 01-07-2013 08:07 AM

Thanks, ordered this [nordstrom.com] and this [nordstrom.com]. Rep + TU!

stubbornboy 01-07-2013 08:09 AM

If I don't run marathons etc., but only spend may be 3 days a week doing treadmill, cycle, elliptical etc. at a gym (about 30 minutes to an hour each day), is it worth getting a running or cross training shoe? If so which one is better to get.

Or will a regular sneaker or tennis shoe suffice?

geminimagk 01-07-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicsAllWeGot (Post 56677610)
Thanks, ordered this [nordstrom.com] and this [nordstrom.com]. Rep + TU!

Love those grey ones!

I can't believe how fast the Max's sold out! I got 3 pairs and went back for one more, all gone in the size I wanted.

bigballs 01-07-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL (Post 56677378)
Anyone have experience with the Nike Air Max+ for running?

Definitely not for running.

chuckd 01-07-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigballs (Post 56677782)
Definitely not for running.

Yeah, casual use, sure- running no. If you want to run buy some asics/ mizuno/ etc.

antsmarchn 01-07-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL (Post 56677378)
Anyone have experience with the Nike Air Max+ for running?

I would consider the Asics gel kayano 18 that someone listed above for running. The kayanos are always highly rated in running magazines and blogs.

Also, I used to wear only nikes, but they have gotten so ugly looking over the years. Is it just me, or are a lot of these shoes hideous looking?

SD4ever 01-07-2013 08:28 AM

Don't know why this is a FP deal as most sizes are OOS.

psupork 01-07-2013 08:28 AM

For those Asics gel kayano 18 listed it says order 1/2 size up. I'm between 10 and 10.5, should I just get the 10.5 n hope for the best or go up to 11?

bigballs 01-07-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckd (Post 56677802)
Yeah, casual use, sure- running no. If you want to run buy some asics/ mizuno/ etc.

Pegasus they have on sale is an excellent running shoes.

ripcurl 01-07-2013 08:39 AM

Great shoes, horrendous company. Possibly single-handedly heralded the era of nearly the entire shoe industry moving to slave labor.

oatmealpoet 01-07-2013 08:40 AM

Pegasus are a good running shoe for Nike...for Asics I'd wear 2170's

Weeton 01-07-2013 08:41 AM

Any recommendations for someone who has ridiculously flat feet and tends to overpronate?

I've used the Nike Vomero's, which have been fantastic for me, though I wish they were a little more versatile -- a la free running.

I've also used the Brook's Beast, which I have found to be a solid shoe, but has way too much motion control for my overpronation. I'm looking for more Nike Vomero, less Brook's Beast.

gghochu 01-07-2013 08:42 AM

Cheapest prices on air max 2012 ive seen so far.. That being said, its good for casual wear and looking nice at the gym. For running? Heck no. Frees are garbage too. Stick to the Lunarglide series for moderate running for Nike. For long distance / marathon, stick to Asics.

honugirl 01-07-2013 08:44 AM

Got the Lunar Forever for my son - he goes through shoes like crazy! Thanks. Love free shipping and returns too!

SlicktheShocker 01-07-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weeton (Post 56678330)
Any recommendations for someone who has ridiculously flat feet and tends to overpronate?

I've used the Nike Vomero's, which have been fantastic for me, though I wish they were a little more versatile -- a la free running.

I've also used the Brook's Beast, which I have found to be a solid shoe, but has way too much motion control for my overpronation. I'm looking for more Nike Vomero, less Brook's Beast.

New Balance 993

kalami 01-07-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weeton (Post 56678330)
Any recommendations for someone who has ridiculously flat feet and tends to overpronate?

I've used the Nike Vomero's, which have been fantastic for me, though I wish they were a little more versatile -- a la free running.

I've also used the Brook's Beast, which I have found to be a solid shoe, but has way too much motion control for my overpronation. I'm looking for more Nike Vomero, less Brook's Beast.


Have you tried the GTS Adrenaline? Ive used them as my primary runner for 3 years and have a couple pair of nikes for backup. I usually get the year prior version to save a few bucks; but they haven't really changed much since the GTS 10 imo.

Weeton 01-07-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggae4k (Post 56678558)
New Balance 993

Haven't worn a NB in years, but that was before I realized I needed specific shoes for my running stride. Might be time for me to give them a second shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalami (Post 56678606)
Have you tried the GTS Adrenaline? Ive used them as my primary runner for 3 years and have a couple pair of nikes for backup. I usually get the year prior version to save a few bucks; but they haven't really changed much since the GTS 10 imo.

I'll have to look into the GTS also. I think because of the motion stability of the Beast, I shied away from other Brooks shoes. Will definitely slip a pair on and see if its more my style.

Thanks for the suggestions.

benlg 01-07-2013 09:04 AM

Nice price on 2012 air max, too bad no more size 9

MusicsAllWeGot 01-07-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geminimagk (Post 56677692)
Love those grey ones!

I can't believe how fast the Max's sold out! I got 3 pairs and went back for one more, all gone in the size I wanted.

Lol, I was stuck trying to decide which of the two to buy, figured the grey would go with everything but in the end I just snagged both of them. For $37.5 * 2 - 7% CB from Discover = $70/2 = $35 a pair, why the heck not, I'm set for a good 2 years+ :thumbup:

Yell0w 01-07-2013 09:20 AM

Arrg, none in my size.

bluedevils 01-07-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmealpoet (Post 56678302)
Pegasus are a good running shoe for Nike...for Asics I'd wear 2170's

Handful of smaller sizes available for Asics GT 2170 @ $52.47. Great price.

GuavaTooo 01-07-2013 09:55 AM

Great deal!! Thanks for posting, OP! :hug:

the1ash10 01-07-2013 10:11 AM

site is down for me....

DAL 01-07-2013 10:21 AM

Thanks OP! got my DS another pair of lunar forever's... he's had some for about 3 years and they need to be replaced

dcozad999 01-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbornboy (Post 56677642)
If I don't run marathons etc., but only spend may be 3 days a week doing treadmill, cycle, elliptical etc. at a gym (about 30 minutes to an hour each day), is it worth getting a running or cross training shoe? If so which one is better to get.

Or will a regular sneaker or tennis shoe suffice?


The only reason to get a running shoe for what you are doing would be for the treadmill (if you are running and not walking). For everything else a cross trainer would be preferable. Most people don't realize that running shoes are for "running". They are built to run forward and don't have the side support for most other activities.

stubbornboy 01-07-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcozad999 (Post 56681918)
The only reason to get a running shoe for what you are doing would be for the treadmill (if you are running and not walking). For everything else a cross trainer would be preferable. Most people don't realize that running shoes are for "running". They are built to run forward and don't have the side support for most other activities.

Its just about 10 minutes of running time 3 days a week during winter season. Looks like it may not be worth it. The annoying thing is sometimes I play racquetball. it becomes hard to decide what to buy/wear when each of these activities seem to have different preferred shoes :-)

gasman 01-07-2013 11:01 AM

crap, had the max's in my cart but forgot my cred card at home. By the time i got home it was sold out. :(

bunsu14 01-07-2013 11:05 AM

Hate it when mods merge the posts. The ASICS information is going to get mixed in with the Nike stuff. ASICS are for serious runners.

RadYOacTiVe 01-07-2013 11:09 AM

Thanks OP, picked up some Air Max 2012's!

weeksre 01-07-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psupork (Post 56678006)
For those Asics gel kayano 18 listed it says order 1/2 size up. I'm between 10 and 10.5, should I just get the 10.5 n hope for the best or go up to 11?

Go on the larger side. As long as the shoe aligns with arch of the foot you are golden. Having a little extra room in the toe are is preferable when running down hills.

lizardtoad 01-07-2013 11:27 AM

Picked up the Air Max 360 Sprites. Love the colorway.

rking0122 01-07-2013 11:34 AM

Amazon has matched Nordstrom, at least on the ASICS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...PDKIKX0DER

bunsu14 01-07-2013 11:36 AM

amazon pricematch, check out my other post. Hopefully this doesn't get merged as well.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5785806-ASICS-Men-s-GEL-Kayano-18-Running-Shoe-72-47-AMAZON

audierules 01-07-2013 11:37 AM

Jesus Christ why is size 13 always one of the first sizes to go, I don't get this at all I know no one that wears size 13.

seanleeforever 01-07-2013 12:35 PM

this is hardly a good price, in fact, this is the price at Nike outlet stores.

pocho 01-07-2013 03:27 PM

Prices good, but I just got a cancellation email. Unable to fulfill. Thumbs down Nordstrom!

Bhishdawg 01-07-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocho (Post 56689470)
Prices good, but I just got a cancellation email. Unable to fulfill. Thumbs down Nordstrom!

Just got a cancellation.

DontTaxBeer 01-07-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripcurl (Post 56678262)
Great shoes, horrendous company. Possibly single-handedly heralded the era of nearly the entire shoe industry moving to slave labor.

they are only taking advantage of what that country allows. how is that their fault?

DrClaw 01-07-2013 04:54 PM

in for a pair of Adidas Rod Laver in White/Navy. 42.xx shipped. Can't wait for the warmer weather. These are classic.

Tyler.Durden 01-07-2013 04:58 PM

I appreciate how Nordstrom has size 14 for those of us that have normal, non-midget feet. But at least provide some wider widths. If you need size 14, you'll likely have a foot that's generally large, not just long.

RobertChojnacki 01-07-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audierules (Post 56683134)
Jesus Christ why is size 13 always one of the first sizes to go, I don't get this at all I know no one that wears size 13.

They don't make as many 13,14,15s as they do 10,10.5,11s. Also for Nike on most releases they stop half sizes after 12.5 so if 14 is sold out people might try a 13 or vice versa. This is how it is with all the Nike limited releases at least.

13s are also pretty popular in general.

axiommods 01-08-2013 02:47 AM

all oos of any normal sizees.

aznboi24 01-08-2013 02:22 PM

Bought a pair of Adidas Samba. Free returns and shipping so basically risk free.

klynch201 01-08-2013 10:53 PM

i grabbed the lunar forevers when this popped up. i already had 360's. repped!

RadYOacTiVe 01-09-2013 08:17 AM

Order canceled the day after. Nordstroms sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadYOacTiVe (Post 56682376)
Thanks OP, picked up some Air Max 2012's!


geminimagk 01-09-2013 08:32 AM

Received shipment confirmations today!

johnhenry1933 01-09-2013 03:52 PM

Received my first pair today. Nice.

MrWalmart 01-13-2013 10:00 PM

Bought a Nike LunarGlide+ 4 for 55.00. Thank You OP

Cobra1225 01-14-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbornboy (Post 56677642)
If I don't run marathons etc., but only spend may be 3 days a week doing treadmill, cycle, elliptical etc. at a gym (about 30 minutes to an hour each day), is it worth getting a running or cross training shoe? If so which one is better to get.

Or will a regular sneaker or tennis shoe suffice?

Running shoe would work. Cross trainers I find are heavier and I find too bulky.

Best thing to do is go to a running shop / fitness store. Do not go to Dick's or Sports Authority...they won't fit you...you are just buying something is all.

You will be "fitted" properly with correct shoe for your feet. You'll spend about the same, maybe a little more but get a shoe that FITS ; Supports: and works for you. They even put me on a treadmill to test them out and had a camera to see if I was pronating.


You'll also find that they carry better name shoes/sneakers..such as New Balance; Asics; Saucony; etc. You won't find Nike's or Addidas there (but I do love my 3 stripe addidas') or anything with a "shox" gimmick or nonsense.

mjmamma 01-22-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra1225 (Post 56845634)
Running shoe would work. Cross trainers I find are heavier and I find too bulky.

Best thing to do is go to a running shop / fitness store. Do not go to Dick's or Sports Authority...they won't fit you...you are just buying something is all.

You will be "fitted" properly with correct shoe for your feet. You'll spend about the same, maybe a little more but get a shoe that FITS ; Supports: and works for you. They even put me on a treadmill to test them out and had a camera to see if I was pronating.


You'll also find that they carry better name shoes/sneakers..such as New Balance; Asics; Saucony; etc. You won't find Nike's or Addidas there (but I do love my 3 stripe addidas') or anything with a "shox" gimmick or nonsense.

This isn't true my local running store has Nike and Adidas running shoes, not just the flashy top names (Brooks, etc).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 AM.