Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   iMito MX2 Dual Core TV Dongle Stick - Android 4.1 1.6Ghz RK3066 Cortex A9 HDMI 1GB RAM - 8G $53.49 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5790414-imito-mx2-dual-core-tv-dongle-stick-android-4-1-1-6ghz-rk3066-cortex-a9-hdmi-1gb-ram-8g-53-49)

ayoko555 01-09-2013 01:59 PM

iMito MX2 Dual Core TV Dongle Stick - Android 4.1 1.6Ghz RK3066 Cortex A9 HDMI 1GB RAM - 8G $53.49

http://www.gadgetgreats.com/imito...am-8g.html

iMito MX2 Dongle Stick Specifications:
The iMito MX2 Android 4.1 TV dongle stick aka Jelly Bean mini PC is one of the first dual core 1.6Ghz RK3066 thumb drives. The MX2 adds V3.3 Bluetooth and Flash 11.1 support

It features built-in 1gb DDR3, 8gb ROM and has a microSD slot for additional expansion up to 32gb. This mini TV dongle stick turns your TV or large screen HDMI monitor into a big screen Smart TV.
The MX2 Android TV 4.1 HDMI Mini PC by iMito features a dual core 1.6Ghz CPU processor, 1GB RAM, 1080p Playback, 8GB Flash Memory, WiFi N, turning your HD TV into a full HD Android 4.1 PC for browsing the internet, playing games, writing emails and watching media.

Instantly turn your iMito MX2 HDMI Dongle stick into an Android Smart-TV by simply inserting this MX2 into the HDMI port on your HD TV. With the power of a dual core 1.6Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 1080p resolution WiFi N speed your TV will take turn into a Android powered media monster. Download thousands of gaming or productivity apps over google play app store, view your HD movies and more with the 8GB of internal memory that is easily expandable to 32GB by inserting a microSD card. This literal "android on a stick" even comes with an HDMI extension cable, allowing you to easily instal your Android TV stick to the most suitable position for your own needs.

Lastly, the iMito Mx2 will has a stronger WIFI signal than other generic dongles. iMito stringently tests each unit before shipping. In addition, there will be a custom Primal GV-20 compatible ROM released shortly. Later firmware uprades will be free to iMito customers.

tadc 01-09-2013 02:18 PM

Innnerestin'. Anybody ever heard of "gadgetgreats"??

ombheembush 01-09-2013 02:21 PM

I did, I ordered an MX1 last week and I got an email saying that it's shipped. I should be getting the MX1 in couple of days.

Edit: Still shows the status it was dispatched on 01/09 in Singapore. No update after that. May be its coming in a ship.

BastardLunatic 01-09-2013 02:22 PM

I have a tablet with this CPU and and 1 GB of memory. It is very fast. Plays N64 emu at full speed. In comparison, my Touchpad had to be OC'd just to make the N64 emu playable, but still choppy.

phillylex 01-09-2013 03:45 PM

So no ethernet port on this?

AkumaX 01-09-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 56743722)

nope, but you can add a usb->ethernet adapter

phillylex 01-09-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 56743722)

Thanks.

Demo Video [youtube.com]

threebeers 01-09-2013 03:54 PM

Anybody got one yet from the earlier deal who can comment on the wifi reception and Netflix? Some of the other sticks apparently have issues.

Evo-IC 01-09-2013 04:00 PM

Keep a close eye on them if you order.
They are known for taking people's orders and giving false shipping info, falling down on orders altogether, and waiting weeks before canceling the order back to the customer.

I'm very anxious to hear people's experience with Gadgetgreats because when I looked for info on them, I wouldn't have touched them with a 10 foot pole:
Without digging too deep or wasting too much more time on a company I'm not going to be buying from anyways, here are some specific examples rather than a generalized search link for Slickdealers to decide for themselves:

So as not to be confused, Gadget greats = Dealsprime = Chinagrabber.

#1 [ainolstore.com]
#2 [boards.ie]
#3 [ripoffreport.com]
#4 [scamadviser.com]
#5 [slatedroid.com]
#6 [salehoo.com]
#7 [pissedconsumer.com]
#8 [scamhunter.com]

http://www.resellerratings.com/st...inagrabber

Good luck, either way.

AkumaX 01-09-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 56744078)
They are known for taking people's orders and giving false shipping info, falling down on orders altogether, and waiting weeks before canceling the order back to the customer.

I'm very anxious to hear people's experience with Gadgetgreats because when I looked for info on them, I wouldn't have touched them with a 10 foot pole:
Without digging too deep or wasting too much more time on a company I'm not going to be buying from anyways, here are some specific examples rather than a generalized search link for Slickdealers to decide for themselves:

#1 [ainolstore.com]
#2 [boards.ie]
#3 [ripoffreport.com]
#4 [scamadviser.com]
#5 [slatedroid.com]
#6 [salehoo.com]
#7 [pissedconsumer.com]
#8 [scamhunter.com]

Good luck, either way.

Eyyyyyyyyyyyy you're back! :D Can't wait for my $20 Uhost U2 (probably U1A though) to come!

Evo-IC 01-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 56744138)
Eyyyyyyyyyyyy you're back! :D Can't wait for my $20 Uhost U2 (probably U1A though) to come!

Been back for a few weeks.
Just not entirely motivated to contribute much after the way things were handled......but, that was then this is now.
Back to the shadows I go. :O

max1001 01-09-2013 05:52 PM

Can't wait for rk3188 stick in 6 months. :D

AkumaX 01-09-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 56746454)

For $20! :D

tadc 01-09-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1001 (Post 56746454)

but I don't want to wait 6 months...

GreatWhite 01-09-2013 05:59 PM

Tempting...

johnnyblades 01-09-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadc (Post 56746552)
but I don't want to wait 6 months...

at the rate things are moving, i doubt you'll have to...

but I think that's the one I'll finally bite on. though I don't have much use for it with four tablets and four rokus in the house. but they just seem so cool!

Pobone 01-09-2013 06:09 PM

FYI. Reviews from 9/12, 10/12. I'll wait for more reliable website to order from.

http://www.webutation.net/go/revi...reats.com#
----------------------------------
Bad Customer Experience
DO NOT ORDER as the last reviewer stated this is a company selling and shipping from China I have purchased many things from sites similar to this one and never have I had such a terrible experience. I got my item 2 weeks later which can be understandable coming from China but literally one hour into me setting a UG802 Android mini PC the power connector broke off into the unit. looks like it had only glue not solder. I contacted them and they want me to ship at my cost back to China to "repair" it or send out new. I guess some customer service is better than none but this in end will cost me much more than the thing is worth. Show less
By Kevllar (New User) - on Oct 02, 2012 - 15:43

Phishing / Fraud / Badware
DONT NOT ORDER FROM gadgetgreat is the worst place to order, customer service sucks and on top of that they say it take 7 - 10 days to get your order its been over 2 weeks and my orderr still has not shipped don't trust them they will take your money and run after i placed my order i found out there are being investigated by BBB and numerous banks for fraud

they will not reply to any of my emails or phone calls as well they are a scam site
By lilsikwidit (New User) - on Sep 18, 2012 - 02:56

bariumai 01-09-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 56744242)
Been back for a few weeks.
Just not entirely motivated to contribute much after the way things were handled......but, that was then this is now.

Welcome back!

pokymon 01-09-2013 10:32 PM

I have this but there is no XBMC and WIFI is slow - sometimes youtube videos freezes.

spica 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillylex (Post 56743826)

Thanks for the link. It looks to me like the video is sped up a little. Note around 1:00 when he's going through the System Info screen how it flashes as it selects the info. It's best to get video reviews of actual owners of the device and not from the seller (Geekbuying is a seller of these PC sticks).

cgigate 01-10-2013 09:34 AM

I have this one.
it is so good.
I sense the PC era is near end.

tadc 01-10-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokymon (Post 56751574)
I have this but there is no XBMC and WIFI is slow - sometimes youtube videos freezes.

Please explain, no XBMC? There's XBMC for Android, and this thing runs Android, right?

GBH2 01-10-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadc (Post 56763558)
Please explain, no XBMC? There's XBMC for Android, and this thing runs Android, right?

I have the MX2 and XBMC for Android works VERY well. It is still a work in progress, Some plugins don't work correctly and last I checked no hardware decode on this SoC so 1080p is bad, although 1080p works well on some external apps like MX Player and I believe there is a way to have XBMC use an external app for playback. I don't have enough 1080p material to care and 720p and SD are terrific.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 56758340)
I have this one.
it is so good.
I sense the PC era is near end.

It really is amazing. It does 85% of what my 3570K, 8GB DDR3, HD 5570, Win 7 Ultimate mini-ITX HTPC does and it does it about 75% as well (a lot of stuff just as well). It does this for $50 vs. ~$600 and uses 2 to 3 Watts instead of 35 to 100 Watts.

A couple of more generations and I can't see there really being much need for a PC. Even now, I think these sticks would meet the computer needs of most people,

walter7 01-10-2013 01:30 PM

The iMito MX1 and MX2 seem to have wifi issues.

I went with the Minix Neo G4 instead.

Ordered it two days ago after researching various android sticks. Most of them are notorious for wifi problems. From what I've read, the Neo G4 is the exception. They say its wifi is very stable, which is what's most important to me. Plus it's got a nice interface and includes a remote control.

I paid $60 for it on Geekbuying. A few more bucks than this but IMO the stable wifi and remote control make up for it.

flobb 01-10-2013 01:40 PM

I ordered it for $1.50 more a week ago and it took 3 days before I got a shipping confirmation. It is shipping from SINGAPORE, so it will be a while before I get it.

leroy_sunset 01-10-2013 01:47 PM

I just bought a UG802 - similar specs, better custom ROM support. $48 shipped from Amazon, here in 2 days. I will do an antenna mod for better wifi reception. Can't wait. Honestly, if you buy one of these, just load a better ROM and off you go. The stock ROMs are just terrible.

flobb 01-10-2013 02:19 PM

a big selling point on this over a lot of the sticks is built in bluetooth.

tadc 01-10-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walter7 (Post 56764890)

Ordered it two days ago after researching various android sticks. Most of them are notorious for wifi problems. From what I've read, the Neo G4 is the exception. They say its wifi is very stable, which is what's most important to me. Plus it's got a nice interface and includes a remote control.

I paid $60 for it on Geekbuying. A few more bucks than this but IMO the stable wifi and remote control make up for it.

Good lead... can you tell us more about what functionality the remote has?
(nevermind, I see from the reviews below)

cool_rk 01-10-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walter7 (Post 56764890)

Checked couple of review of it, looks promising... i might order this one.. price at newegg is 69.99 (2 day shoprunne shipping), geekbuying has it for $61.99. Anyone want to go through detailed review of it, here is the link

http://www.squidoo.com/minix-neo-g4-review

and

http://droidxda.blogspot.de/2012/...h-for.html

tadc 01-10-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_rk (Post 56769960)
Checked couple of review of it, looks promising... i might order this one.. price at newegg is 69.99 (2 day shoprunne shipping), geekbuying has it for $61.99. Anyone want to go through detailed review of it, here is the link

http://www.squidoo.com/minix-neo-g4-review

and

http://droidxda.blogspot.de/2012/...h-for.html

I was this close to pulling the trigger, then I saw the Neo X5, which is a nicer form factor for a STB and includes 10/100 ethernet and optical out, but then I saw the X5 doesn't support 5.1 or DTS (so WTH have an optical out??)...

Anybody seen one of these things that does support 5.1? That would be nice.

cesar2010 01-10-2013 07:40 PM

Love imito

Can't speak on behalf of the site but I own the initial mx2 from the holiday season deal.. I love my tv stick it works better than my galaxy tab plus... Xbmc works great its not perfect but great for movie watching; YouTube is flawless quite smooth.. Emulators are great n64 snes etc... Bluetooth allows me to connect a ps3 controller n use it as a mouse n gamepad... Great little device.. Waiting for $40 range to get a few more...

0oyujieo0 01-10-2013 08:28 PM

Are these better than those media players out there?

cgigate 01-12-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0oyujieo0 (Post 56774248)
Are these better than those media players out there?

1000 times better than current market media players

bkdg100 01-12-2013 12:23 PM

where are all the quad cores we were supposed to see demo'd at CES2013 ?

aquaholik 01-12-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 56806888)
1000 times better than current market media players

That is relative.

Current market media players like WD Live, Seagate Freeagent theater (don't know what the latest one and how good the Roku built in media player is) have support for Netflix, Amazon, Hulu Plus but they lack a full web browser. Most web browser built into Samsung TV, LG TV, Samsung BD player are pathetically slow even the 2012 Samsung with dual core processor. But their proprietory Netflix, Amazon apps are more robust, easier to use, supports at least 720p and will output the 5.1 audio to your receiver. The more dedicated media player like the WD will support a lot more audio video codecs including DTS, Dolby True HD and in some case DTS master audio. It will more likely also support .iso image also.

Most android sticks including the Minix Neo x5 that I have are basically android tablets without a display. Yes you can do a lot more with them: Games, email, web browsing, full access to Google play store(unlike the handicapped Logitech Revue), lots of media player apps and codecs to choose, not to mention all the news reader, weathers, web cams apps, etc. It does a lot for the money but no way it is a better audio/video media player in term of quality if you are looking to get the best surround sounds or sharpest pictures.

The Minix Neo x5 is remarkably stable. I bought it to replace the super buggy crash prone Logitech Revue and after reading about all the wifi problem with those small android stick, I figured the extra $40-$50 is worth the no headache. But I can't get 5.1 audio from the x5. Not from my media player, not from Netflix and still no Amazon instant video. Web browsing and full access to Google Play store is why I bought it. It does that very well. It's fast, like browsing on my Galaxy Note 2.

Now having said that, Netflix quality is much better on the Logitech Revue since 5.1 audio is supported. The Revue also has Amazon instant video app that also supports 5.1 audio(tested on my home theater setup). Of course if you own a Samsung TV, you also know that it's built in media player is very powerfull, supporting most formats and outputting both DTS and AC3 via the toslink output. There is even a Plex app to stream media from your Plex server since the DLNA player in the Samsung TV can be picky sometimes. The Samsung built in media player is more powerful than the one inside the Logitech Revue.

Now besides 5.1 audio and slightly inferior picture quality, the Minix Neo x5 does a whole lot more and will pretty much do everything your android tablet does but on a bigger screen. It works very well with the Logitech K400. Even the power button on the Logitech keyboard will turn the display off, something you can't do with the Revue. Also when flash does crash(and flash will crash every now and then), the entire android OS does not crash, only the web browser. No more ctrl-alt-del to restart the entire box. You just restart or kill the web browser. Right now there is a bug with playing flash full screen and the menu bar. As long as the menu is up, full screen flash works just fine. No crash the last 3 days and I have not tried the lastest ICS flash version yet.

Yes Android on a stick is nice and cheap but it is definitely not something for your wife or grandma. It's fine for your 10 year old since most of them are born with native ability to navigate iOS and android;). It will take some tinkering and setting up and some lessons for your non technical members of the family. They just can't point the remote and move left right like they can using those smart tv apps.

BTW, I went with newegg for the Minix x5 since they ship much faster than those other sites and I have more confident dealing with newegg if I have to return it.

tadc 01-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaholik (Post 56808658)
That is relative.

BTW, I went with newegg for the Minix x5 since they ship much faster than those other sites and I have more confident dealing with newegg if I have to return it.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm interested in the X5 but the lack of 5.1 bothers me. Why even have a TOSlink jack if it doesn't support 5.1?

I wonder if this is something that might be in the works for a future software update? Have you heard anything?

cgigate 01-13-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadc (Post 56810128)
Thanks for sharing.

I'm interested in the X5 but the lack of 5.1 bothers me. Why even have a TOSlink jack if it doesn't support 5.1?

I wonder if this is something that might be in the works for a future software update? Have you heard anything?

I play video/audio, it has 5.1 audio pass through to my receiver with Ez player app ;

tadc 01-13-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 56821646)
I play video/audio, it has 5.1 audio pass through to my receiver with Ez player app ;

Is that 5.1 on HDMI, TOSlink/optical or both?

aquaholik 01-13-2013 08:20 PM

I can't find the Ez player app in the app store. I tried mx player, bs player, stock video player, and VPlayer. None of them pass the 5.1 audio. They decode it and sends it out as 2.1 channel as shown by my yamaha rvx 567. Sure I can artificially simulate 5.1 using the receiver but I do not think the Minix x4 or x5 supports 5.1. Please post in the Minix forum of you found otherwise because we would like to hear how you got it to work.

SlickFerret 01-13-2013 08:52 PM

:threadj:

This thread is about the Imito MX2, not the Minix X5.

Get a room already! :P

Disturbed_One 01-13-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BastardLunatic (Post 56741618)
I have a tablet with this CPU and and 1 GB of memory. It is very fast. Plays N64 emu at full speed. In comparison, my Touchpad had to be OC'd just to make the N64 emu playable, but still choppy.

Never had an issue with my Touchpad an Mario Kart 64
(CM7 w/ no overclock)

DrivetoWinWin 01-14-2013 10:31 AM

Which you would you suggest to get MX2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 56744078)

#1 [ainolstore.com]
#2 [boards.ie]
#3 [ripoffreport.com]
#4 [scamadviser.com]
#5 [slatedroid.com]
#6 [salehoo.com]
#7 [pissedconsumer.com]
#8 [scamhunter.com]

Good luck, either way.

fantasmicmickey 01-14-2013 12:03 PM

I have the MX2 which I bought from in4dealz a month ago. It has weak Wifi and intermittent hanging/reboots. The ones with the red PCB has this problem so make sure you can return if you encounter issues.

Evo-IC 01-14-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrivetoWinWin (Post 56838772)
Which you would you suggest to get MX2?

See my signature.
Any of those top 10 would be reasonably good if the price is right.

bkdg100 01-14-2013 05:49 PM

evo , what happened with CES 2013 . was hoping the quads ( freescale ) would make an appearance .
no one seemed to report on any hallway or parking lot vendors showing off their beta sticks .

cgigate 01-14-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadc (Post 56824332)
Is that 5.1 on HDMI, TOSlink/optical or both?

via HDMI, the only output connection that it has

nounta1016 01-14-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasmicmickey (Post 56841178)
I have the MX2 which I bought from in4dealz a month ago. It has weak Wifi and intermittent hanging/reboots. The ones with the red PCB has this problem so make sure you can return if you encounter issues.

I agree on the wifi signal. It is very frustrating to watch everything load so slowly. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a smart TV when you are stuck staring at the loading circle half the time. Netflix picture quality also not the best. Sometimes I run a game, the device restarts itself randomly ( guessing not enough power maybe? ).

If you plan to root it, make sure you read through the finless rom forum before hand.
I tried to root the device with finless rom, however many people with windows 7 reported back on the forum, saying they were having a lot of trouble with the rooting process. I am one of them.

Also if you leave the device on for two to three days, the device freezes up and i am force to pull the plug to reset it. That is a minor problem, but just a heads up for anyone interested.

Overall, I kind of regret paying $50+ for this, where if i waited for few more months I am sure this would drop to $30.

cgigate 01-14-2013 05:52 PM

deleted

kyukun 01-17-2013 12:26 PM

Have anyone actually ordered and got shipping info?

ayoko555 01-22-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyukun (Post 56917032)
Have anyone actually ordered and got shipping info?

I just received mine today. :bounce:

TF10fan87 01-23-2013 04:59 AM

Yeah, I am also waiting for the stick with RK3188 chipset inside, hopefully this stick will be released in the upcoming months (most likely).

cgigate 01-26-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayoko555 (Post 57039516)
I just received mine today. :bounce:

? shipping info or the item ?

ayoko555 01-26-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 57147142)
? shipping info or the item ?

The item.

cgigate 01-30-2013 03:30 PM

received mine as well,
super great, the Bluetooth can use in 35 feet

satnav4 03-03-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayoko555 (Post 57149124)
The item.

So, how does it work?

mike23w 03-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 56744242)

no problem.

you just come out to shit on other people's deals (like this one).
and pump up your own deals.

no loss for me.:wave:

tadc 03-03-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike23w (Post 57957862)
no problem.

You realize you're replying to a two month old post?

Please keep your drama in private - nobody wants to see it.

Evo-IC 03-03-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike23w (Post 57957862)
no problem.

I thumb up deals that deserve it, constantly.
If I thumb down a deal because of a bad price or a vendor because of being a known scammer - then it's just for that reason.

At the time of this post, the deal is rated -2.
I only get one vote, so the other 2 or 10 or 20 people that down-voted it agreed.

If one of my other deals is a +50, or +80, or +100 or whatever it ends up, then it's because that many people felt it was deserving.
And, so that you're not confused and there is no misunderstanding, of course I pump up my own deals.
If I'm the one that posted a deal because I believe it is a good deal.....then it's not rocket science to think I would support my own cause.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadc (Post 57961512)
You realize you're replying to a two month old post?
Please keep your drama in private - nobody wants to see it.

Yeah. Not really sure why he'd be interested in coming after me about something months old, and especially when I refer to any one of 10 different vendors later in the same thread.
Just makes no sense. :confused:

Maybe he had a bad day and needed to vent. :rolleyes:

I would like to point out that in 8 years, he has contributed exactly one deal......so it seems a little hypocritical to bash my efforts on this site.