Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2lbs Pure Protein 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla Cream) $14 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5792498-2lbs-pure-protein-100-whey-protein-vanilla-cream-14-free-shipping)

calistyle 01-10-2013 03:41 PM

2-lbs. Pure Protein 100 % Whey Protein (Vanilla Cream) $14 + Free Shipping
 
Clip the 20% off coupon found on the product page.

yuugotserved 01-10-2013 03:41 PM

2lbs Pure Protein 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla Cream) $14 + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)
Amazon has 2lb Pure Protein 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla Cream) for $18.89 - 5% off Subscribe & Save - clip 20% off coupon on product page = $14.17. Shipping is free. Thanks calistyle

Note, must be logged into your account. You may cancel your subscribe & save subscription any time after your order ships.

Princess Crunch 01-10-2013 03:53 PM

Thanks OP! I thumbed up but I could not rep yet again. :sadwalk:

kel_be 01-10-2013 05:01 PM

Great deal, I always stock up on Whey Protein.

sharpieaccent 01-10-2013 05:05 PM

is this better than this whey protein?
http://www.gnc.com/product/index....Id=3267268

iBoo 01-10-2013 05:06 PM

is 7$ a lb good for 100% whey protein?

40Glock 01-10-2013 05:12 PM

Question for our local fitness gurus, how does this compare to this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/eas-...navAction=

stahleyp 01-10-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpieaccent (Post 56770968)
is this better than this whey protein?
http://www.gnc.com/product/index....Id=3267268


That one is considered a better brand, especially if you're looking to bulk up. I worry a bit about all the chemicals and additives though. This one doesn't have as much crap in it.

My favorite is Jarrow's unflavored. It's concentrate, so not as much protein, but it doesn't have nearly the fillers and other crap in it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...02_s00_i00

leezyondarise 01-10-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBoo (Post 56770996)
is 7$ a lb good for 100% whey protein?

a phenomenal deal. whey protein's the best stuff

eleventhseed 01-10-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40Glock (Post 56771152)
Question for our local fitness gurus, how does this compare to this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/eas-...navAction=

I can't speak for the specific ingredients but based on nutrition facts they seem very comparable.
That being said I strongly prefer the taste of EAS.

niceguywis 01-10-2013 05:23 PM

I mostly get this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14574788

Comes out to 14 bucks a piece each.

40Glock 01-10-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleventhseed (Post 56771340)
I can't speak for the specific ingredients but based on nutrition facts they seem very comparable.
That being said I strongly prefer the taste of EAS.

One more, this is the one I've been using for a while.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/musc...navAction=

OK, I lied...a second one if you have time.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/musc...navAction=

daisee 01-10-2013 05:36 PM

:thanks:

nuzurevue 01-10-2013 06:21 PM

Not bad at $0.44 / oz. Just hope it doesn't taste like their nasty protein bars, but that's nothing half a banana and frozen berries can't fix.

Here's the label for macro info:
http://images.vitaminimages.com/c...313-AE.pdf

Hayes1916 01-10-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBoo (Post 56770996)
is 7$ a lb good for 100% whey protein?

Price per lb isn't what you want to look at when considering the price of protein powder. You're better off finding the price per gram of protein. Use (Price of Product)/(grams protein per serving*servings), This product works out to about 2.1 cents per gram of protein which is pretty solid.

EYEL1NER 01-10-2013 06:28 PM

Not a bad deal at all, but Vanilla or other 'regular' flavors kind of kills it for me.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Vanilla as a general flavor; in fact, vanilla is my favorite flavor for most anything. In my experience with different formulas for whey and proteins though, Vanilla doesn't make for a good shake. I have disliked all I have tried, specifically Vanilla Muscle Milk, which I have bought and given chances on multiple occasions.

It makes me wish there were more 'crazy' flavors out there similar to the Muscle Milk flavors, like Cake Batter. Man that Cake Batter tasted good.

jorge62990 01-10-2013 06:32 PM

Why am I only getting $3.78 discount with coupon clippings?

xecutionkrk 01-10-2013 06:36 PM

have to wait for feb 1st... :(

ordered one anyway

kc4vdx 01-10-2013 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=eleventhseed;56771340That being said I strongly prefer the taste of EAS.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, best tasting off all that I've tried.

Blackpig 01-10-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorge62990 (Post 56773088)
Why am I only getting $3.78 discount with coupon clippings?

Yeah I entered two and I'm getting $34 ($.53/ounce) at checkout. Still a pretty good deal but I rather have $.44/ounce.

neoprag 01-10-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER (Post 56773014)
Not a bad deal at all, but Vanilla or other 'regular' flavors kind of kills it for me.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Vanilla as a general flavor; in fact, vanilla is my favorite flavor for most anything. In my experience with different formulas for whey and proteins though, Vanilla doesn't make for a good shake. I have disliked all I have tried, specifically Vanilla Muscle Milk, which I have bought and given chances on multiple occasions.

It makes me wish there were more 'crazy' flavors out there similar to the Muscle Milk flavors, like Cake Batter. Man that Cake Batter tasted good.

I agree. I like vanilla flavors in general, but not in protein shakes. The best vanilla I've had was Ergo Pharm GF Pro (discontinued). Syntha-6 wasn't too bad.

If you like Muscle Milk's profile (protein with mixed fats/carbs), check out Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide. Cinnamon Roll and Lemon Cream Pie is out of the world. Many protein "connoisseurs" consider Ultra Peptide the best tasting protein on the market.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store...tide2.html

Nate650 01-10-2013 06:43 PM

Ingredients and nutrition info [vitaminimages.com]

punkerz123 01-10-2013 06:45 PM

got the vanilla. thanks.

kicker618 01-10-2013 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
so bought a gift card and the protein from walmart got the flavor I actually wanted and paid no sales tax and got free shipping (just like amazon heard this deal flavor is horrible!) and paid $42 for 3 two pound jugs. I added a walmart gift card to get free shipping.

picked: 2 Peanut Butter and 1 Cookies and Cream :) Yummy!

For 3: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14574788

For 2: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...s/19514800

For 5: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14912512 (variety pack, cannot get all same flavor or same 2 flavors)

calistyle 01-10-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorge62990 (Post 56773088)
Why am I only getting $3.78 discount with coupon clippings?

That's what you should get... It's 20% of the sale price and that's what the coupon is for.

eleventhseed 01-10-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40Glock (Post 56771400)
One more, this is the one I've been using for a while.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/musc...navAction=

OK, I lied...a second one if you have time.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/musc...navAction=

There's no ingredients or nutritional facts listed and I've never tried it so I couldn't tell you! I'd assume the worst though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

EYEL1NER 01-10-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoprag (Post 56773378)
I agree. I like vanilla flavors in general, but not in protein shakes. The best vanilla I've had was Ergo Pharm GF Pro (discontinued). Syntha-6 wasn't too bad.

If you like Muscle Milk's profile (protein with mixed fats/carbs), check out Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide. Cinnamon Roll and Lemon Cream Pie is out of the world. Many protein "connoisseurs" consider Ultra Peptide the best tasting protein on the market.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store...tide2.html

Man...I can only imagine how good cinnamon roll tastes.
Thanks for the heads up.

redsrule2500 01-10-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker618 (Post 56773494)
so bought a gift card and the protein from walmart got the flavor I actually wanted and paid no sales tax and got free shipping (just like amazon heard this deal flavor is horrible!) and paid $42 for 3 two pound jugs. I added a walmart gift card to get free shipping.

picked: 2 Peanut Butter and 1 Cookies and Cream :) Yummy!

For 3: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14574788

For 2: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...s/19514800

For 5: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14912512 (variety pack, cannot get all same flavor or same 2 flavors)

Uhh, no sales tax?

niceguywis 01-10-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker618 (Post 56773494)
so bought a gift card and the protein from walmart got the flavor I actually wanted and paid no sales tax and got free shipping (just like amazon heard this deal flavor is horrible!) and paid $42 for 3 two pound jugs. I added a walmart gift card to get free shipping.

picked: 2 Peanut Butter and 1 Cookies and Cream :) Yummy!

For 3: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14574788

For 2: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...s/19514800

For 5: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14912512 (variety pack, cannot get all same flavor or same 2 flavors)


Eww the Peanut butter of that tastes like ASS! Just fyi if you haven't had it before. Of course maybe its just I don't like it. I'll still with the regular chocolate and vanilla

netsfan549 01-10-2013 08:02 PM

why isnt shipping coming out free?

lhscouchmonster 01-10-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40Glock (Post 56771152)
Question for our local fitness gurus, how does this compare to this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/eas-...navAction=

The EAS chocolate is one of the best tasting proteins I have purchased. Mix it with milk, half a frozen banana, and some peanut butter and it tastes like a milk shake.

You will not see any sort of noticeable difference between different brands and types of whey protein. Its all hype.

kicker618 01-10-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsrule2500 (Post 56774382)
Uhh, no sales tax?

Quote:

Originally Posted by niceguywis (Post 56774818)
Eww the Peanut butter of that tastes like ASS! Just fyi if you haven't had it before. Of course maybe its just I don't like it. I'll still with the regular chocolate and vanilla


I eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. I'll be very surprised if it tastes as bad as you say. If it is I'll return it to walmart or exchange it I suppose


Yes no sales tax... Really weird idk .. shows $52 ... the $42 for the 3 pack and $10 for my gift card really weird.. I provided a picture of my order just in case no one believed me.

RP3081 01-10-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker618 (Post 56775126)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redsrule2500 (Post 56774382)
Uhh, no sales tax?

Quote:

Originally Posted by niceguywis (Post 56774818)
Eww the Peanut butter of that tastes like ASS! Just fyi if you haven't had it before. Of course maybe its just I don't like it. I'll still with the regular chocolate and vanilla


I eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. I'll be very surprised if it tastes as bad as you say. If it is I'll return it to walmart or exchange it I suppose


Yes no sales tax... Really weird idk .. shows $52 ... the $42 for the 3 pack and $10 for my gift card really weird.. I provided a picture of my order just in case no one believed me.

You usually don't pay tax on supplements and vitamins. Would be the same if you went to a GNC or VS B&M.

dapoopta 01-10-2013 08:23 PM

What kind of whey do they use at places like tropic smoothie or planet smoothie?

30secs 01-10-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stahleyp (Post 56771220)
That one is considered a better brand, especially if you're looking to bulk up. I worry a bit about all the chemicals and additives though. This one doesn't have as much crap in it.
[/url]


Wait, what?! ON whey has less of pretty much EVERYTHING compared to the OP's WHEY. ON Whey is one of the purest... 120 cals (vs 140 this one), less fat, sodium.. even calcium.

mpkb 01-10-2013 10:52 PM

The natural choc flavor is depleted for S&S already. Second time in a week!

kicker618 01-10-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP3081 (Post 56775188)
You usually don't pay tax on supplements and vitamins. Would be the same if you went to a GNC or VS B&M.


oh ok thanks. Well I think the walmart buy was pretty decent then ..

pudicus 01-10-2013 11:19 PM

Bought the chocolate one before. Have tried many different proteins, and it is among, if not, the worst I've had.

nazgulnarsil 01-10-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhscouchmonster (Post 56775098)
The EAS chocolate is one of the best tasting proteins I have purchased. Mix it with milk, half a frozen banana, and some peanut butter and it tastes like a milk shake.

You will not see any sort of noticeable difference between different brands and types of whey protein. Its all hype.

so there's no difference but EAS is the best. Got it.

ZV3 01-10-2013 11:27 PM

It's OOS at this point.

calistyle 01-10-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZV3 (Post 56777814)
It's OOS at this point.

You can still place an order. Amazon will deliver once they get more in stock and you won't be charged until your order ships. HTH.

stahleyp 01-11-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30secs (Post 56775626)
Wait, what?! ON whey has less of pretty much EVERYTHING compared to the OP's WHEY. ON Whey is one of the purest... 120 cals (vs 140 this one), less fat, sodium.. even calcium.


My bad, dude. I was looking at their natural line. The chocolate one must've been the one I was looking at. Sorry guys!

Just cancelled my order. Thanks for the heads up! :)

redsrule2500 01-11-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP3081 (Post 56775188)
You usually don't pay tax on supplements and vitamins. Would be the same if you went to a GNC or VS B&M.

I had to pay tax. Guess just depends on your state! Never even thought of this one as FOOD , but it is!! GOOD POINT`

kaosstar 01-11-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBoo (Post 56770996)
is 7$ a lb good for 100% whey protein?

No. $6/lb is the typical rate for a "non-premium" whey like this.

Deal Explorer 01-11-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER (Post 56774016)
Man...I can only imagine how good cinnamon roll tastes.
Thanks for the heads up.

Makes you picture the taste of a sticky Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll, doesn't it? Yummm! :drool:

CaliforniaNavel 01-11-2013 06:50 AM

I get this at target, but the chocolate. I pay more than $7. But i have no gas. =)

DealJammer 01-11-2013 07:25 AM

I stumbled upon a much better deal:

http://www.drvita.com/p-3697-opti...-2-lb.aspx

You can buy this much higher quality protein powder for $15.32 with free shipping by using the coupon code SAVE10. As far as i can tell, no one has listed SAVE10 as an active coupon code for Dr. Vita on any of the commonly used coupon sharing websites. I literally started typing in random coupon-code looking codes into the coupon code entry bar until it accepted this one.

I believe the optimum wellness protein is a way higher quality brand than the original protein powder in this thread.

redsrule2500 01-11-2013 07:28 AM

Ended up going w/ the walmart deal. $14.50 and better choice of flavors, plus 52g of protein?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealJammer (Post 56782250)
I stumbled upon a much better deal:

http://www.drvita.com/p-3697-opti...-2-lb.aspx

You can buy this much higher quality protein powder for $15.32 with free shipping by using the coupon code SAVE10. As far as i can tell, no one has listed SAVE10 as an active coupon code for Dr. Vita on any of the commonly used coupon sharing websites. I literally started typing in random coupon-code looking codes into the coupon code entry bar until it accepted this one.

I believe the optimum wellness protein is a way higher quality brand than the original protein powder in this thread.

Why is this supposedly higher quality?

DealJammer 01-11-2013 07:38 AM

Let me preface by saying I am by no means a protein powder expert, but I am judging that it is a better/higher quality product based on its 2000+ 4.5 star rating on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nut...+chocolate

Compare that with the 3.5 star rating based on 37 reviews of the pure protein. Obviously I don't want to make the logical fallacy that because it is a more popular brand, it is somehow better, but going by ratings alone I believe the optimum nutrition to be better. It is the top selling brand of whey protein, so that might count for something.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/top50.htm


EDIT; The "Save10" coupon code appears to work on any product over 20$. Take for example this whey protein powder for ~22$
http://www.drvita.com/p-8485-desi...2-lbs.aspx

You can get it for $12.81....this must be some kind of loophole. you are getting 50% off already discounted items if they are 20$...

mpkb 01-11-2013 07:39 AM

One thing to point out is that the Walmart one uses artificial sweeteners. Some don't like the taste or aftertaste of artificial sweeteners, or maybe are concerned with its safety. Most don't care, based on the ratio of products on the fitness supplement market.

In this deal, the Chocolate is the natural version. The Vanilla one, like the Walmart one, uses artificial sweeteners.

wizziko 01-11-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealJammer (Post 56782250)
I stumbled upon a much better deal:

http://www.drvita.com/p-3697-opti...-2-lb.aspx

You can buy this much higher quality protein powder for $15.32 with free shipping by using the coupon code SAVE10. As far as i can tell, no one has listed SAVE10 as an active coupon code for Dr. Vita on any of the commonly used coupon sharing websites. I literally started typing in random coupon-code looking codes into the coupon code entry bar until it accepted this one.

I believe the optimum wellness protein is a way higher quality brand than the original protein powder in this thread.

I went ahead and bought this

fluffhead 01-11-2013 07:44 AM

sweet find!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DealJammer (Post 56782250)
I stumbled upon a much better deal:

http://www.drvita.com/p-3697-opti...-2-lb.aspx

You can buy this much higher quality protein powder for $15.32 with free shipping by using the coupon code SAVE10. As far as i can tell, no one has listed SAVE10 as an active coupon code for Dr. Vita on any of the commonly used coupon sharing websites. I literally started typing in random coupon-code looking codes into the coupon code entry bar until it accepted this one.

I believe the optimum wellness protein is a way higher quality brand than the original protein powder in this thread.

Thanks..Just ordered. Maybe start a new thread on this one. :woot:

cbrsmurf 01-11-2013 07:55 AM

Is there lactose or dairy product in this?

jimtom 01-11-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealJammer (Post 56782250)
I stumbled upon a much better deal:

http://www.drvita.com/p-3697-opti...-2-lb.aspx

You can buy this much higher quality protein powder for $15.32 with free shipping by using the coupon code SAVE10. As far as i can tell, no one has listed SAVE10 as an active coupon code for Dr. Vita on any of the commonly used coupon sharing websites. I literally started typing in random coupon-code looking codes into the coupon code entry bar until it accepted this one.

I believe the optimum wellness protein is a way higher quality brand than the original protein powder in this thread.

Ordered 4 of these...this will be sold out in a couple minutes. Although all of our orders will probably get cancelled.

richgator 01-11-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealJammer (Post 56782250)
I stumbled upon a much better deal:

http://www.drvita.com/p-3697-opti...-2-lb.aspx

You can buy this much higher quality protein powder for $15.32 with free shipping by using the coupon code SAVE10. As far as i can tell, no one has listed SAVE10 as an active coupon code for Dr. Vita on any of the commonly used coupon sharing websites. I literally started typing in random coupon-code looking codes into the coupon code entry bar until it accepted this one.

I believe the optimum wellness protein is a way higher quality brand than the original protein powder in this thread.

Thanks dude.....ordered two by setting up two different accounts.

gr1m 01-11-2013 08:22 AM

how does this compare to Dymatize Elite or ON Gold Standard as far as the pureness of the whey? mostly isolates?

DealJammer 01-11-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsrule2500 (Post 56782314)
Ended up going w/ the walmart deal. $14.50 and better choice of flavors, plus 52g of protein?



Why is this supposedly higher quality?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtom (Post 56783106)
Ordered 4 of these...this will be sold out in a couple minutes. Although all of our orders will probably get cancelled.


Looks like the party is over. Now the save10 discount is giving 10% off instead of 10$...

:look:

jimtom 01-11-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealJammer (Post 56784468)
Looks like the party is over. Now the save10 discount is giving 10% off instead of 10$...

:look:

Oh wow...that pretty much confirms that the orders will be cancelled then, unless they make good of their screw up. Fingers crossed but very unlikely anyone will receive these that used the $10 off.

backforwardback 01-11-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niceguywis (Post 56771378)
I mostly get this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fo...e/14574788

Comes out to 14 bucks a piece each.

Wow..that is a really good price on the three pack Also the target is on sale too with 5% off card. Its more money..but it has less sodium and no artificial stuff in the mix.

I notice sams club sells a muscle tech for 32 bucks for 5 pounds...but when you look at the ingredients its only 70 servings at 20 grams a serving. I guess its not the number of pounds but protein per serving and amount of amino acids. You have to do your math

backforwardback 01-11-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpkb (Post 56782620)
One thing to point out is that the Walmart one uses artificial sweeteners. Some don't like the taste or aftertaste of artificial sweeteners, or maybe are concerned with its safety. Most don't care, based on the ratio of products on the fitness supplement market.

In this deal, the Chocolate is the natural version. The Vanilla one, like the Walmart one, uses artificial sweeteners.

Target ingredients below for chocolate.

Note sodium is only 60mg and Potassium is 290....for those who want to keep salt down and potassium up. Except for the sucralose..no artificial flavor.

Sodium 60 mg 3 %
Potassium 290 mg 8 %

Ingredients: whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, cocoa, natural chocolate flavor, guar gum, acesulfame potasium, sucralose, soy lecithin

EYEL1NER 01-11-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deal Explorer (Post 56780828)
Makes you picture the taste of a sticky Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll, doesn't it? Yummm! :drool:

Yup. And with that post, I now have to go get Cinnabon when I am back in the states in a couple weeks. I stumbled across a location an hour away back in August and can't wait to go back.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 PM.


1999-2014