Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   60" Samsung UN60EH6000 Full HD 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV $1098 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/5796368-60-samsung-un60eh6000-full-hd-1080p-240hz-led-hdtv-1098-free-shipping)

calistyle 01-13-2013 03:45 AM

60" Samsung UN60EH6000 Full HD 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV $1098 + Free Shipping
 
1 Attachment(s)

sixflagz 01-13-2013 04:43 AM

Same price on amazon.

montero1 01-13-2013 04:54 AM

is the price on the 65 inch ever going to get cheaper?

blakeas 01-13-2013 05:04 AM

exactly what I want to know! I thought mid january we would be seeing sales on ALL TV's - been waiting for a Deal on the 65" samsung non 3D

phage80 01-13-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixflagz (Post 56816982)
Same price on amazon.

It is currently $1208 from amazon, though hopefully they match it.

nhasto1 01-13-2013 05:33 AM

if its this years model the EH6000 it doesnt have 240hz. It has 120hz with a 240 clearmotion rate. Just thought i would let everyone know that before you go for it! Sears is selling the same model brand new for 1099.99.

wendymark1139 01-13-2013 05:54 AM

Amazon [amazon.com] has it for 1097.99 + $49 s/h, sold by tiger direct. the TV is listed as 120 Hz.

cubsoxbull 01-13-2013 06:09 AM

Same price at Best Buy and will probably be the same price at many more places because of Samsung's unilateral pricing scheme.

amytude 01-13-2013 06:23 AM

What's the deal with all these TV's with only 2 HDMI ports? I need a non smart tv (I have roku) with 4 hdmi with a decent picture. Isn't there anything sub-$1500 that fits this bill?

turnne 01-13-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amytude (Post 56817546)
What's the deal with all these TV's with only 2 HDMI ports? I need a non smart tv (I have roku) with 4 hdmi with a decent picture. Isn't there anything sub-$1500 that fits this bill?

"decent picture" is subjective

However...you can do LG all day long for that size and price

occasionally Fry's will have the Sony 60" EX645 for $999-1099

the other choice is to buy an HDMI splitter

b-rock-9 01-13-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amytude (Post 56817546)
What's the deal with all these TV's with only 2 HDMI ports? I need a non smart tv (I have roku) with 4 hdmi with a decent picture. Isn't there anything sub-$1500 that fits this bill?

How about an hdmi switcher connected to hdmi2 for misc devices?

Chitown021 01-13-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-rock-9 (Post 56817786)
How about an hdmi switcher connected to hdmi2 for misc devices?


That's what I did when I bought the 55" model from Best Buy around Thanksgiving.

Samsung seems to do this on a lot of their lower end LED models (2 ports). I use an Oppo 3 port HDMI automatic switcher. I bought it to use on my old DLP Projection LCD as it only had on HDMI port. The Oppo device works great. It automatically switches to whichever port is powered on and also has a remote for manual switching.

Anfernee 01-13-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-rock-9 (Post 56817786)
Quote:

Originally Posted by amytude (Post 56817546)
What's the deal with all these TV's with only 2 HDMI ports? I need a non smart tv (I have roku) with 4 hdmi with a decent picture. Isn't there anything sub-$1500 that fits this bill?

How about an hdmi switcher connected to hdmi2 for misc devices?

Or better yet, just run a receiver by HDMI and then plug all your HDMI devices into the receiver so you can have surround sound. My Sony has 3 HDMI ports but I only utilize one, but still have my Dish box, PS3, Xbox, Wii, & Apple TV all hooked up at the same time.

xyyz 01-13-2013 07:10 AM

have this TV, it's okay at best. i picked up an open box at Costco for 850. imho, it's barely worth that price. as for $200 more, not so sure.

b-rock-9 01-13-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anfernee (Post 56817994)
Or better yet, just run a receiver by HDMI and then plug all your HDMI devices into the receiver so you can have surround sound. My Sony has 3 HDMI ports but I only utilize one, but still have my Dish box, PS3, Xbox, Wii, & Apple TV all hooked up at the same time.

That's what I have in my entertainment room... but its a costly workaround (if someone doesn't want/need surround sound).

calistyle 01-13-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsoxbull (Post 56817438)
Same price at Best Buy and will probably be the same price at many more places because of Samsung's unilateral pricing scheme.

Yes, it is a couple dollars more at Best Buy, but it is listed as coming soon and you can't purchase it or even add it to your cart.

amytude 01-14-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnne (Post 56817662)
"decent picture" is subjective

However...you can do LG all day long for that size and price

occasionally Fry's will have the Sony 60" EX645 for $999-1099

the other choice is to buy an HDMI splitter

I wasn't sure how an HDMI splitter worked. "Decent" as in I'm a SAHM who knows little about picture quality. I can't tell inky blacks from black. We are going from 47" to likely 55 or 60" for our family room. I did stand at Best Buy yesterday just watching those TV's and trying to compare pics from one to the other. We have LG now. We have our cable box (though I hope to be rid of this soon), blu ray, xbox, and roku.

PotmeetKettle 01-14-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyyz (Post 56818028)
have this TV, it's okay at best. i picked up an open box at Costco for 850. imho, it's barely worth that price. as for $200 more, not so sure.

The problem with TVs that size is that the resolution stays the same.

Anything over 50 inch will have to wait for the new 4K TVs, otherwise the image is going to look like blurry.

They're adding 20 inches to the screen width over 40, yet with ZERO increase in the actual resolution.

CoolDon 01-14-2013 10:36 AM

Very basic model.. ES6100 would have been better..

turnne 01-14-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotmeetKettle (Post 56840032)
The problem with TVs that size is that the resolution stays the same.

Anything over 50 inch will have to wait for the new 4K TVs, otherwise the image is going to look like blurry.

They're adding 20 inches to the screen width over 40, yet with ZERO increase in the actual resolution.

actually the issue with this particular TV is does not have as good of picture processing capabilities as the higher end Samsungs

this is amplified due to the size...now you notice every detail

However..as I have said before...look at the size of TV you are getting for this price

compare the picture quality of the Samsung E8000 series to this TV

Huge difference in both picture quality and price

That being said..I am sure this TV is worth $1099

Quote:

Originally Posted by amytude (Post 56839822)
I wasn't sure how an HDMI splitter worked. "Decent" as in I'm a SAHM who knows little about picture quality. I can't tell inky blacks from black. We are going from 47" to likely 55 or 60" for our family room. I did stand at Best Buy yesterday just watching those TV's and trying to compare pics from one to the other. We have LG now. We have our cable box (though I hope to be rid of this soon), blu ray, xbox, and roku.

The ones I have seen are just a manual switch that has 3-4 inputs and one output

Unless your LG is a plasma...I think you will be satisfied with this Samsung


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM.


1999-2014